Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Julian said today that the thirty days was almost up and that Brad and Lucas have had that baby for weeks. Huh? Original Wylie was born at most two days before Jonah.

Meanwhile the 30 days that Nina gave Valentin for the chance to win her back ended today even though it seems like it has been longer than that and no where near the time that Wiley or Jonah were born.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Meanwhile the 30 days that Nina gave Valentin for the chance to win her back ended today even though it seems like it has been longer than that and no where near the time that Wiley or Jonah were born.

Nina threatened Valentin with divorce and he came up with that thirty-day emotional blackmail plan before Dr. O even kidnapped Peter and Peter was tied to that damn bed in that cabin for eleventy-billion days. Come on, GH. 

• Love 3
On 8/21/2018 at 9:17 PM, ciarra said:

Did Morgan get a new headstone?  It looked different to me. 

Show expenditures:  new sod and 3 bags of potting soil.

I also loved how they had Morgan's year of birth as 1994, two years before Sarah Brown's Carly ever came to Port Charles and five years plus before she met Sonny. I know Sonny has magical powers to impregnate women, but geesh!

• Love 1

"At least I'm not apologizing for killing people. How 'bout all those people you hurt? Did they buy your apology too?" Okay, Cam, maybe you're alright after all. Anyone who isn't willing to mindlessly accept Franco's pat answers regarding his serial killer past is good by me. Cam was a jerk to Aiden, though, that wasn't cool at all. I hope Aiden gets all the Princess Kalinda merch his heart desires (totally picturing that as Kalinda from The Good Wife, btw). 

Robert bemoaning getting stuck with a young and oblivious Chase cracked me up. More of that, please, show! Not even gonna lie, I'd forgotten Chase and Finn were brothers, but I'm glad they are if it means Chase is getting put to use in this way.

Kevin and Ryan staring each other down over the birthday cupcake was a really good ending until the shot cut back to Carly for no good reason. She and her ilk seeping into every corner of this show makes me so tired.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Kevin and Ryan staring each other down over the birthday cupcake was a really good ending until the shot cut back to Carly for no good reason. She and her ilk seeping into every corner of this show makes me so tired.

I had just cleaned out the fridge before I read this.  There was a package of green peppers that I never got around to using and they sat around the vegetable drawer for a few months. (Please don't judge me) The rotting peppers seeped all over the other veggies and spoiled them as well.  It was totally disgusting.  Linny, when I read your post I realized that Sonny, Carly, Jason and Michael Corrinthos (Michael Quatermaine is cool) are those rotten green peppers.  They have seeped into everything on this show and is/has turned it rotten.  The only way to save everything else in the fridge/show is for TPTB to hold there noses and toss out the source of the smelly mess,, clean the drawer/show and fill it back up with a variety of interesting and fresh veggies/characters. 

• Love 16

FakeKevin:  Carly, after they learned what happened to you, all the staff at Ferncliffe was replaced.   Carly beams.

Carly actually believes that she is so special, she can get the entire staff of a prison psychiatric hospital replaced. I guess the show believes it too since there is a new guy taking care of Kevin.

There are no two people on this show more in need of psychiatric help than Jason and Carly, well maybe Sonny, but since they're sociopaths, it wouldn't have any effect.

Lucy wishing good things for Kevin was nice.

Anna and Finn's Summer Adventure is still less interesting than Robert and Chase looking for them.  Did we know that Jordan and Anna were BFFs?

Is JdP off the show now?  Or will we get The Revenge of Dr. Bensch?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Did we know that Jordan and Anna were BFFs?

They used to lurk on public benches and loudly discuss ongoing criminal cases, with asides about their respective love lives. 

• Love 6

This is gonna sound weird but I loved the shirt Jake was wearing in the park- aqua with a black shark-face print.  I wouldn't wear it out of the house but it would be a super-cute print on pajamas.

Welp the brain damaged sociopathic hitman thinks Carly doesn't need therapy because in his expert opinion she's "sane." So that's that then. The fact that Carly isn't insane makes her horrific behavior all the more troubling. Nobody needs to get their ass on a therapist's couch more urgently than Carly. The whole scene made me want to puke. How many of these redundant Jarly scenes have there been the last few months? They are the absolute wooooooooorst!! 

Of course Carly is being butted into the Kevin/Ryan story. I mind a bit less than I normally would since this story at least features JL who is capable of emotional range. I missed a couple recent episodes, did they confirm which brother is which at this point? 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

FakeKevin:  Carly, after they learned what happened to you, all the staff at Ferncliffe was replaced.   Carly beams.

Carly actually believes that she is so special, she can get the entire staff of a prison psychiatric hospital replaced. I guess the show believes it too since there is a new guy taking care of Kevin.

I've watched clips of the scenes and I still want to know what happened to Carly that was all-fire so bad. Yes, Mary Pat was too eager to make Caroline's time at Ferncliff unhappy, but - Carly was sent to a prison psychiatric hospital because she of her own accord pleaded insanity to pushing a heavily pregnant woman down a flight of stairs. She assaulted a nurse and forcibly gave that nurse drugs in order to escape the facility and then when she was sent back she rightfully was put on a higher dosage of medication/different rooming situation. There is no consent required in that state for the shock therapy they were going to perform on Carly. She escaped for a second time with Jason's help and now all of that is forgiven on Carly's end because she didn't actually push Carly. 

I'm still confused.

• Love 3

I like Carly. But, this Ryan/Kevin stuff should not be all about her. I don't mind her being involved. But, I don't want her shoehorned in to everything about it. Unfortunately it looks like what we are getting. When this story should involve so many more people and should just give Jon a chance to shine in the limelight again...

I'm happy as hell they brought Ryan back. But, I'm not happy about Carly being everywhere in the story. 

• Love 5

So wait, who is mayor, Ned or Alexis? Wasn't there some fix? And Ned was the big bad businessman trying to steamroll Charles Street with Greg Evigan? Did we ever hear the end of that?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

So wait, who is mayor, Ned or Alexis? Wasn't there some fix? And Ned was the big bad businessman trying to steamroll Charles Street with Greg Evigan? Did we ever hear the end of that?

Ned is mayor.

Drew shot and killed Greg Evigan (who molested Franco as a kid) in self-defense. The residents of Port Charles were suing Ned and the town because of the damage from the earthquake when Franco came up with enough money (I forget how) to give to Ned so he could pay everyone suing for the damages. Yep.

God,  I can't stand Carly...

...show has to open up with her and Jason playing pool like neither of them have a care in the world and even though she explained where her family was, the whole thing was just so unseemly and why the heck is he not spending his free time with Sam ? These two are loathsome together ...and again her hair was the only thing I could see in the scene....

...on a different note I loathe the relationship of Liz & Franco....there is nothing to like about them in my opinion.....usually couples in love have an ease about them but not these two.....

awk-ward.....

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

God,  I can't stand Carly...

...show has to open up with her and Jason playing pool like neither of them have a care in the world and even though she explained where her family was, the whole thing was just so unseemly and why the heck is he not spending his free time with Sam ? These two are loathsome together ...and again her hair was the only thing I could see in the scene....

...on a different note I loathe the relationship of Liz & Franco....there is nothing to like about them in my opinion.....usually couples in love have an ease about them but not these two.....

awk-ward.....

I'm not a fan of Friz, but I think their chemistry is decent.  Most of the couples/potential couples on this show have zero dynamic between the actors (Jasam, Carson, Drew/Da, Joss/Oscar) at least Becky and Roger have some sort of vibe going because I don't see it with 90% of the cast.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

. How many of these redundant Jarly scenes have there been the last few months? They are the absolute wooooooooorst!! 

I wonder if they're going to be paired up again.  That would be no more nauseating than Carly/Sonny but it would be interesting to see a possible Sonny/Jason rift.  And Sam would be so shocked and jealous she might blink sadly a few times.

• Love 2

At least if they paired them up again it would justify these scenes where Jason says that she's the truest person and understands her better than even Sonny does, and Carly talks about how wonderful he is.

Today is was revolting as they patted each other on the back about how neither of them need any psychological help.

59 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

why the heck is he not spending his free time with Sam ?

And then there's that.  For all that the show is putting the OTP of all OTPs together, the only time Jason speaks to Sam is when she needs something from him (his signature) or he needs something from her (looking into Ferncliffe for Carly) or there is an Occasion (the funeral). The rest of the time they might as well be 1000 miles away from each other.

Not how you sell True Love.

• Love 8

Why are they doing a Ryan/Kevin story when Genie Francis is not around? Are they bringing her back? Are they seriously gonna make this story about fucking Carly AGAIN. Sure, her last story ended, like, two days ago, so in GH world, I guess it's long overdue, but I cannot watch another Carly story. No fucking way. ...Unless as some have mentioned it's that Carly/Jason get together and break Sonny's wittle heart. That I would watch. Especially if then Sonny has them both killed! Come on Ryan, get inside her mind and make it happen! 

Even if it was all supposedly cuz of brain tumor, I don't think I would let my 3 young sons be alone with a murderer and sex offender. I would just err on the side of caution there. I mean, how does Liz know the tumor is not slowly growing back?  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ryan Chamberlain said:

this Ryan/Kevin stuff should not be all about her.

I can't recall - did Ryan even ever interact with Carly back in the Ryan/Kevin storyline(s) of the '90s? I assume that Carly and Kevin knew who each other was because Kevin was BFFs with Carly's mortal enemy's uncle and Kevin and Tony Jones were both doctors at GH. Then in recent history Kevin married Laura, Carly's now ex-aunt. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

At least if they paired them up again it would justify these scenes where Jason says that she's the truest person and understands her better than even Sonny does, and Carly talks about how wonderful he is.

Today is was revolting as they patted each other on the back about how neither of them need any psychological help.

And then there's that.  For all that the show is putting the OTP of all OTPs together, the only time Jason speaks to Sam is when she needs something from him (his signature) or he needs something from her (looking into Ferncliffe for Carly) or there is an Occasion (the funeral). The rest of the time they might as well be 1000 miles away from each other.

Not how you sell True Love.

Aside from the permission slip the only times Sam has needed Jason both had to do with needing help for Drew, and, like you said, the only times Jason is active in seeking out Sam is when he needs her to help him help Carly. If this was a better written show I would say both of those things are pretty strong messages that Jason and Sam both belong with other people. 

Jason and Carly really need to have an affair or at least just sex and get it over with.

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I can't recall - did Ryan even ever interact with Carly back in the Ryan/Kevin storyline(s) of the '90s? I assume that Carly and Kevin knew who each other was because Kevin was BFFs with Carly's mortal enemy's uncle and Kevin and Tony Jones were both doctors at GH. Then in recent history Kevin married Laura, Carly's now ex-aunt. 

No. He was "dead" for over a year by the time Carly came to town. 

Kevin and Carly have known each other for ages. They just recently started interacting though. 

3 hours ago, SiouxB said:

why the heck is he not spending his free time with Sam ?

Or, you know, his kids.

ETA, after watching the episode: Shouldn't Kevin not drinking aquavit be the big clue the guy is really Ryan?

"I honestly don't know what we're talking about so I'm going to stay out of it." Hee. Smartest thing Lauren has said in quite a while.

If those thugs want to threaten Finn, they should be pointing the gun at Anna, not him. Good grief, this story is so embarrassing. Poor FH and ME.

8 hours ago, Linny said:

Cam was a jerk to Aiden, though, that wasn't cool at all. I hope Aiden gets all the Princess Kalinda merch his heart desires (totally picturing that as Kalinda from The Good Wife, btw). 

Seriously. I'm disappointed that Cam is so strict about gender constructs. (And I totally saw Kalinda from The Good Wife, too. Who better?)

The "dramatic" musical stings were out of control.

Carly and Jason were so boring.

1 minute ago, jsbt said:

Hudson West

His hair was terrible. It was all combed from the crown.

2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

How fucking insulting: yes, the only people who need therapy are "insane."  Go fuck yourself, show.

It's fitting Carly and Jason feel that way, though. Neither of them have the courage or strength of character to do any sort of introspection.

• Love 4

Suddenly all three of Liz's boys are not terrible kid actors and I'm a little shocked tbh. Surprised how much they seem to be willing to lean on Hudson West(?) considering he isn't a smug machine like Bechtel.

It's a shame Roger Howarth isn't playing literally anyone else bc he works well with Becky and kids. They could've made him so many folks if they had to have him. But he's still gotta die.

Also he's officially too old to be saying 'bee-tee-dubs.' Stop with that shit, Roger.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
On 8/22/2018 at 1:24 AM, LexieLily said:

When Drew-as-Jason got his unprecedented second chance at a life with Sam he moved heaven and earth to prioritize her and their family

Did he? I feel like Drew gets more credit than he deserves just because Jason sucks so much

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

Could someone get Finola Hughes a sandwich?  She just doesn't look healthy

I think she's always been skinny though- she has a background in dance.  If you ever want a laugh, watch Staying Alive which is the sequel to Saturday Night Fever- FH is the female lead.  This movie is so horrifically cheesy and bad it's brilliant!

• Love 6

Drew made it clear he wouldn't work for Sonny, he and Sam were going to straight up leave town to get away from the mob stuff before he bought the company for her, to completely separate themselves from that old life.  That is like 50 billion times more effort that Jason has ever made.  He even told Carly that his family came first, obviously a sign of evil.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, ouinason said:

He even told Carly that his family came first, obviously a sign of evil.

I believe Carly more or less told Jason this was how she knew Drew wasn't actually Jason, as the real Jason would never put anyone but Sonny and Carly first. I laughed, it was so jaw-droppingly self-centered (but totally in character).

Edited by dubbel zout
spelling!
  • Love 8

I love use of history, but they're writing Liz's sons as mini versions of their fathers in an a very diagrammatic way, and I'm not sure I like it. Cameron breaks the law, is moody, and mouths off; Jake can figure out everyone's problems and dispense wisdom beatifically, and Aiden is "sensitive" (which doesn't match all of the Luckys, but does match the important one, the willowy, watery-eyed JJ model). I'm not coming down too hard on it yet, but something "pre-bugs" me about it. For one thing, they'd be much more shaped by their mother, who's actually been there the whole time, than by these guys who are either long dead or never around.  I like the idea of giving them distinct characteristics, though. We'll see. I just had to make a notation in the chart.  

I do try to give credit and say an episode is good when I feel that it is, but that Thursday one was super-flat. The Dr. Collins x2 scenes were too pleased with themselves. Everyone's seen it coming for a long time, but it wasn't getting played like "Now you're getting movement in this story," It was played like "Aren't you shocked?" with the dramatic score and all. The scenes with Franco and the Weber boys were contrived as well as very clumsily blocked, and I felt a little for Howarth having to carry the load, because the acting abilities of the kids is...variable. (And I'm still not sure Nu-Cam 2.0 is a trade up.) Bensch's reversal of fortune was very weak, too. Leslie Charleson heals up and they find time to write two scenes of Monica groveling for being taken in by Nelle, but they can't give us a satisfying one of her in ass-kicking administrative mode, firing Bensch? It has to occur off-screen? 

Also, Carly's scenes were with Jason, so the patented Laura Wright braying and whinnying was all over the show. That's always good for a lot of docked points.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Aww, the Kevin storyline is all about Carly! Who knew!

Ewww,

I missed yesterday and I am certainly happy I missed that, but am I to understand that Lucy and Kevin/Ry shared scenes?  Did she clock something was up with him? 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Ewww,

I missed yesterday and I am certainly happy I missed that, but am I to understand that Lucy and Kevin/Ry shared scenes?  Did she clock something was up with him? 

Yes, but she thought it was about him being away from Laura on his birthday.  

3 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I love use of history, but they're writing Liz's sons as mini versions of their fathers in an a very diagrammatic way, and I'm not sure I like it. Cameron breaks the law, is moody, and mouths off; Jake can figure out everyone's problems and dispense wisdom beatifically, and Aiden is "sensitive"

Cam reminds me more of teen Lucky than Zander, actually. Not strikingly so, but still. In fact, your description matches teen Liz, too.

• Love 4

I find Cam a generic bratty teen. It would have been so much more interesting to me to have Cam support Aiden wanting Princess Kalinda pencils even as he (Cam) knew it probably spelled teasing in Aiden's future. But his brother's happiness is more important, and besides, he's got Aidan's back with the bullies. But no, we get Mr. "Ew, princesses are for girls" instead. I dread how he'll react to Terry, Elizabeth's trans friend, assuming we see Terry in a nonword situation again (or in a work situation, for that matter).

• Love 4
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I believe Carly more or less told Jason this was how she knew Drew wasn't actually Jason, as the real Jason would never put anyone but Sonny and Carly first. I laughed, it was so jaw-droppingly self-centered (but totally in character).

The only good thing about Carly for me is how consistently self-centred and entitled she is.  Nothing breaks through that Me!Me! Me! crust for any length of time.  Some of that may be the actress bleeding into the character though.

4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I love use of history, but they're writing Liz's sons as mini versions of their fathers in an a very diagrammatic way, and I'm not sure I like it. Cameron breaks the law, is moody, and mouths off; Jake can figure out everyone's problems and dispense wisdom beatifically, and Aiden is "sensitive" (which doesn't match all of the Luckys, but does match the important one, the willowy, watery-eyed JJ model). I'm not coming down too hard on it yet, but something "pre-bugs" me about it. For one thing, they'd be much more shaped by their mother, who's actually been there the whole time, than by these guys who are either long dead or never around. 

Now that you've mentioned it ... Nature, she's providing half the genes. Nurture, she's doing it all.

It's typical of this show though that the mother's influence doesn't have much effect unless it's Carly.  Kristina seems to be all Sonny, all the time.  "Here Sam, let me push you together with Jason." And while Kiki has a lot of Ava in her, the dialogue is emphasizing how she's nothing like Ava.

• Love 6

Way to go, show. This complete lack of chemistry date with Margaux makes me fondly remember Nelle's completely weird romance faces. I didn't think that could happen.

So nice to have Finn, Anna, and Cassie all upstaged in the acting arena by the two extras in surgical masks. Great effort, guys

On the positive side, except for the blue light cast on people's faces on close ups, the lighting people are once again first rate, and the Floating Rib looks like a real older pub.  The stupid little courtyard looks good, too. Great set work.

9 minutes ago, Happywatcher said:

Way to go, show. This complete lack of chemistry date with Margaux makes me fondly remember Nelle's completely weird romance faces. I didn't think that could happen.

So nice to have Finn, Anna, and Cassie all upstaged in the acting arena by the two extras in surgical masks. Great effort, guys

On the positive side, except for the blue light cast on people's faces on close ups, the lighting people are once again first rate, and the Floating Rib looks like a real older pub.  The stupid little courtyard looks good, too. Great set work.

Disregard what I typed above. The hot sauce squirting scene saved this, 100%. 

3 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Why do I have the feeling that Dr. Bensch is going to reconstitute a new Legend of Doom, take over Sonny's territory, and order all wimmenfolk within Port Charles to be his concubines?

I'd rather be JDP's concubine than MB's! :)

• Love 7

So Carly hates women who use sex to get information.  Since when, Carls?  Since you got all that you want? Because you certainly used sex to get what you wanted after you were a mother.

Jason:  "Drew is a potential liability. " (Me:  So are you going to kill him too now?)  But Carly saves him by pointing out how much like Jason he is so it will be all right.

Why did we not see Monica suspending Griffin as well as firing Bensch?  Maybe they could cut some of the endless Carly/Jason scenes and give us that.  Why isn't Carly spending time with her daughter anyway?

Oh, look, Griffin feels bad because he can't treat his patients any more. Obviously no one else could be as good as he is.  The narcissism from Sonny and Carly must be catching.  But not to worry, Plot Device in the form of Leo will save him.  Leo is not moving since he fell out of the tree!  Don't worry, he wasn't before either.  And how did a kid that small climb a tree?

Griffin got suspended from GH.  They didn't have the authority to take away his license.  Google it, writers.

Episode saved by Robert telling Anna "Come on, tell me you love me" "Oh shut up" and the hug.  And the question of which Cassadine was in the car.

• Love 6