Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

"Who the hell are you?" "Kobe. But you can call me your worst nightmare." Oh, dear.

Well he was sort of right...I certainly would consider him to be another nightmare character spewed forth from the mind of that whackadouce Ron. Julian should have put a bullet right between his eyes for that alone.

I feel as if this show is just overloaded with characters and they're all pointless and mundane. More and more new and useless faces show up all the time, it's like a spreading infection.

Nathan's been in town since March (?) and has not slept with anybody yet, is that a record?

Well Sabrina stayed all holy and virginal for a good while there didn't she? And Felix maybe? Though it shouldn't be surprising considering how those two have the sex appeal of dead tuna, imo.

But she did leave of her own free will

Imo being told that one of the people you've loved most in your life will die unless you agree to the demands of the evil psycho currently holding him doesn't speak very much to having "free will", but I said enough about that in my earlier post so I'll just agree to disagree about the matter.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 2

Clearly, Liz having a normal functioning romance is not a priority for any regime.

Since Liz and the SERIAL KILLER both like art they should get together. That's really not anymore ridiculous than Cranco.

So Ava has now decided to stay away from Julian and instead rely on Morgan, Kiki, or perhaps even her mother for protection...that Corinthos spawn in her belly has eaten up all her brain cells I am convinced. This kind of stupid can't live for long, it just can't.

Ava getting involved with Morgan was the beginning of the end for her. It's just been one stupid and reckless decision after another.

Ah Julian, now why couldn't he have answered the door in a towel? I really don't know what direction they're going in with him. I fear he isn't much longer for PC or maybe that's just wishful thinking so I can go back to not caring about this shitty show.

I think one Jerome sibling will be kept around. At least for awhile. I was worried Julian was going to be killed but now hopefully the torch is being passed to Ava.

• Love 1

I've just realized something:

Nathan's been in town since March (?) and has not slept with anybody yet, is that a record?

I believe he's actually been in town since Christmas/New Year's-ish and all he has done is kiss Maxie once (?).

At least we know he definitely isn't a Corinthos; I believe Dante is the only one in that bloodline that isn't a slut, and even then we know he and Lula have sex a thousand times sex.

Well he was sort of right...I certainly would consider him to be another nightmare character spewed forth from the mind of that whackadouce Ron. Julian should have put a bullet right between his eyes for that alone.

I feel as if this show is just overloaded with characters and they're all pointless and mundane. More and more new and useless faces show up all the time, it's like a spreading infection.

Well Sabrina stayed all holy and virginal for a good while there didn't she? And Felix maybe? Though it shouldn't be surprising considering how those two have the sex appeal of dead tuna, imo.

Imo being told that one of the people you've loved most in your life will die unless you agree to the demands of the evil psycho currently holding him doesn't speak very much to having "free will", but I said enough about that in my earlier post so I'll just agree to disagree about the matter.

It's absolutely free will.  She had other choices:  1) she can say "no;" 2) she can notify her parents; 3)  she can work with her parents and/or Sonny to rescue Jason or at least put a tracker on her; 4) she can make demands on Victor because he desperately need her to revive his family.  Without Robin, Victor could not revive any of the Cassadines, and so what does Robin demand?  Nothing.  Not a single thing.  She just packs up and leaves with him.  No gun to her head, no threats.  That's free will.  She had other choices.

Ava getting involved with Morgan was the beginning of the end for her. It's just been one stupid and reckless decision after another.

So Ava's big plan to keep herself safe is to rely on Morgan and Kiki?  Two unemployed, homeless people (without Michael's help)?  Uh, why isn't she reaching out to her brother or even Jordan?  Leaning on Morgan and Kiki is STUPID.

I don't understand what's so offensive about Chad Duell's torso. (This is not a sarcastic comment; I genuinely don't get it?)

There's nothing offensive.  I think he's got a great physique and he's got great arms too, but he could use a tan.  That's about my only criticism.  I think he's in great shape.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 1
I admit, while I don't like Liz (I think she is a woman hater who acts all angel-like with the men, a wolf in sheep's clothing, if you will, who wants what she can't have and gets bored if she does get it!), the show had the opportunity to give her a real relationship with Matt. Maybe it could have worked. Maybe it wasn't "A level", but "A level" has damaged Liz a lot.

I remain bitter over the lost opportunity of Matt/Liz.  It's second to Ethan/Kristina on my missed opportunity bitter list. 

With regard to Robin's options - she wasn't even making demands and Victor arranged for her husband and daughter to get into an accident to remind her who was in charge. I somehow doubt her making demands would have worked out well for her or her loved ones. 

• Love 8
It's absolutely free will

And I absolutely disagree.

I don't understand what's so offensive about Chad Duell's torso. (This is not a sarcastic comment; I genuinely don't get it?)

I don't think he is everyone's cup of tea and he isn't chiseled or cut but he certainly isn't out of shape on the flip-side. Imo his body is a lot like the personality he gives to Michael, bland and uninteresting, there's nothing exciting about seeing him naked or clothed or with other people, the kid is oatmeal.

With regard to Robin's options - she wasn't even making demands and Victor arranged for her husband and daughter to get into an accident to remind her who was in charge. I somehow doubt her making demands would have worked out well for her or her loved ones.

Julian tried to assert himself with notLuke and nearly ended up having his entire family whipped out. Personally I'm of the opinion that rich crazy people aren't to be meddled with often, especially on a soap.

Victor could have easily shot down any attempt Robin made for leverage against him by kidnapping Emma, taking Patrick hostage, threatening Anna and Robert or Duke, Maxie, Mac, Felicia, Liz and her kids, not to mention he held Jason's life in his hands.

Anything she tried would have put everyone in her life at risk because Victor more than had the ability to get to them all. Even if he went through with killing Jason he still had the power to use Emma or Patrick, just for starters, to force her to wake the others regardless, I doubt she would have crossed her arms and refused if he said that someone had their sights trained on Emma just waiting for his signal or that Patrick's car had been fitted with a bomb.

ETA:

Just in her scenes with Helena it showed how easy it would be for those in Robin's life to be taken out without warning or just be taken period, including her spy mother who has just...she's been given the Ron lobotomy treatment to make his shitty story lines work. 

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 5
I don't think he is everyone's cup of tea and he isn't chiseled or cut but he certainly isn't out of shape on the flip-side. Imo his body is a lot like the personality he gives to Michael, bland and uninteresting, there's nothing exciting about seeing him naked or clothed or with other people, the kid is oatmeal.

I think CD looks great,  Everyone has their preferences.  GH has the best looking men on tv, imo, and it's a nice variety that suits every taste.  

And I absolutely disagree.

That's fine.  We'll agree to definitely disagree.

• Love 1

Maxie/Johnny were so hot, it spilled to real life.

My new ones are Roger/KeMo, but more when he was Todd, Jordan/Julian, Jordan/Carrlos, TJ/Rosalie (could work!), Anna/Dante, Jason/Robin, and Alexis/Ned. Or Olivia/Ned. Micheal/Rosalie, too would be awesome.

I need better, interesting couples.m

• Love 2

That might possibly redeem him a bit for me but I don't know. But as long as I'm supposed to take him seriously, he who killed AJ while he was pleading for his life and thinks it's okay to kidnap and murder Ava for killing Connie, it's like watching some truly delusional TV.

Shawn really is horrible. He's supposed to be a good guy but he's hypocritical and stupid and hypocritical and putting him in a scene with Sonny while they talk about how they need to enforce their delusions on the women is a nightmare.

Ava is feeling hormonal and desperate and knows how to use a gun, and she knows Shawn and Sonny want to manhandle/kidnap/kill her. A smart script choice (so we know it won't happen) would be for Ava to shoot them both in the groin and also in the chest/neck area. She could legitimately say it was in self-defense; she was in fear for her and her unborn child's lives.

• Love 1

It's 2nd on mine, but to Maxie/Johnny. (I had nooooooo problem with their kiss!)  I'd put Ethan/Kristina third.  *sigh*  So many wasted opportunities.   This show.  :(

Do we need a thread for discussing our "almost were" ships, a missed connections at the port of call? I'm sure the Barge occasionally docks there. In other words, I too mourn Ethan/Kristina. But I honestly don't remember Matt/Liz at all. 

I think Chad is one of the hotter men on GH. Kiki just brings him down.

Please tell me all this Luke stuff is going somewhere. Tracy needs to go find real Luke ASAP, and then Jordan can finally reveal to TJ that she's DEA and his guardian is the only thug in his life.

Patrick and Sam are still FF material. Just no.

• Love 2

Do we need a thread for discussing our "almost were" ships, a missed connections at the port of call? I'm sure the Barge occasionally docks there. In other words, I too mourn Ethan/Kristina. But I honestly don't remember Matt/Liz at all. 

We just might, because I'm another irritated viewer who loved the potential of Liz/Matt, Maxie/Johnny, and my favorite, Kristina/Ethan.   So pissed about the latter -- if they really did get rid of them because the actress looked young, that's one of the stupidest reasons I've ever heard.  They could have slow burned them for awhile and kept it sweet.  Not all couples need to be hot and heavy or in insta-love right away. 

I liked Matt/Liz because, IIRC,  they looked good together, but also because each seemed to sparkle in scenes. Liz wasn't in 'man hunting' mode and Matt's 'Drake male ego' was kept more in check.  They were both medical professionals, and a hospital romance would have been a treat to see. 

eta: We're always clamoring for those old school 'love on the run' stories and I think Kristina and Ethan would have been perfect for that.  They both have a proclivity for adventure and thrills, and their parents were the same.  But, oh well.  Stupid show.

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 2

I can't believe Ron ruined the Sam/Patrick romance. This story had it all! Friends who were there for each other and in time fell in love. They have the history and chemistry to pull it off, but no. Ugh! 

Add me in the Ethan/Kristina, Liz/Matt, Maxie/Johnny missed opportunities. I will also add an oldie but goodie...Jax/V. They were sparkly together, she had no bullshit drama and adored him. But we got Jax/Chloe inzzzzzz....

• Love 2

All this talk about GH couples that almost were has me thinking about Ellie & Craig on Degrassi. I shipped that shit hard, but instead had to watch Craig with that bitchslutwhoretramp Manny while Ellie had no love interest after Sean left.

Now to be on-topic, I always wanted TB's Carly to get with Zander, Jax and then Lorenzo. I hated that they finally did CarLo for real right after TB and then quickly destroyed them.

And then of course LW's Carly with SK's AJ. For the myriad of Cartini's fuck-ups, not going with CarnAJ has got to be the biggest.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 3
Ava is feeling hormonal and desperate

I honestly don't see a difference in her behavior between now and before she got pregnant and she was all weepy and scared when Julian threatened to kill her. The only thing Ava does now is rub her belly and talk to her unborn child—and the latter is mostly acting as exposition.

Kiki just brings him down.

Lauren bring the whole fakakta show down. Ugh, she's useless and terrible and a bore.

• Love 4
Now to be on-topic, I always wanted TB's Carly to get with Zander, Jax and then Lorenzo. I hated that they finally did CarLo for real right after TB and then quickly destroyed them.

Same here.  From what i remember, their refusal to let her out of Sonny's clutches was at least part of why TB didn't stick around.  The reason I liked TB's Carly was because of how damn good she was will all three of those guys.  The show's refusal to fully go there with even one of them was infuriating.  

• Love 1
Patrick and Sam are still FF material. Just no.

I kinda find myself enjoying watching these two actors who currently seem to enjoy their jobs.  For the past couple of years, these two have been in the sulking mode.  I go into the sulking mode whenever I see my favorite actress on this soap - Jane Elliot - these days.  I am warming up to new Lulu.

Trying to stay positive with Jason coming back which means even more Sonny and Carly screen time. 

• Love 2
 I've just realized something:

"No." - Annie Logan.

And you're forgetting all the hot PCPD sex that Nathan and Anna are having. I mean, if all the other stories are off camera, can't I imagine this one is too?

• Love 3

Tracy is so sad right now.  I had hoped that she was double crossing Fluke, but I guess not.  That would have ben worth watching.  But, right now, she's shining with Lulu.  I love their relationship so hard.  It seems like Lulu is the only person (besides Luke, but even then, she never really trusts him) that Tracy lets down her guard with and openly cares about.  They definitely need more scenes together.  And I'm finally warming up to Nulu, and whoever (sorry, my brain sucks) commented that she looked pretty with her hair up -- I agree. 

This Fluke story needs to wrap up, full stop.  But at least we had some movement on Friday's show, so there's hope.  I wonder how long it will take them to figure out that Victor is the one responsible for Patrick and Sabina's accident.  All the clues are right in front of them -- what, do they need some cheerleaders to spell it out?

CASS-A-DINE!  CASS-A-DINE!  C-A-S-S-A-D-I-N-E, what does that spell?!  Shit, duh, Patrick!  That's what it spells. 

I kinda find myself enjoying watching these two actors who currently seem to enjoy their jobs.  For the past couple of years, these two have been in the sulking mode.  I go into the sulking mode whenever I see my favorite actress on this soap - Jane Elliot - these days.  I am warming up to new Lulu.

Trying to stay positive with Jason coming back which means even more Sonny and Carly screen time. 

Yup, yup, I mentioned that I was feeling this way earlier and I still stand by it!  lol   Not only are most of the other characters miserable, the actors look bored as hell.  And ignoring what their characters are doing for a minute, JT and KMo have been smiling lately and that like, never happens anymore.  I know it makes Patrick look like a Mr. Douchecannon Douchelord, but sometimes I can't care.  I want shiny, happy people, dammit!  Which makes me nervous because I think my transformation into Pollyanna is now complete.  I feel shame. 

Ugh, I just had a thought.  Sabrina is turning dark and angry and I'm getting all gushy and I think a bluebird just landed on my shoulder -- I'm turning into Sabrina!  Kill me now.  With fire. 

• Love 4
I kinda find myself enjoying watching these two actors who currently seem to enjoy their jobs.

While it's nice to see KeMo and JT smiling instead of crying, the Sam/Patrick relationship is so plot pointy for Jason's return that I can't enjoy it. And of course Liz has to get mixed up in it. Gah. And I like Liz. 

And then there's Tracy. Heavy sigh. As others have written, when you have to dumb down so many characters for a story to work, the story isn't well written, and Tracy has been written as a complete dolt.

• Love 2
Well I meant for a guy, but I guess I can accept your off camera story.  Cause any thing I could think of that he had help in that area is just slightly wrong.

Fair enough. I was wondering if you were referring to a new guy -- especially a hot new guy -- in town.

I thought Anna had regular threesomes with Dante and Nathan.

She is! She is! And there isn't a single thing Ron can put on camera that'll change my mind about that.

• Love 1

I'm worried that all this Fluke movement is just that....a Fluke.

I mean Monday I really thought the Franco/Carly/Sonny stuff was moving and then Tuesday happens and...nada!

I really don't find shirtless Michael appealing b/c he looks so young, and he needs to borrow some of Sonny's orange glow. If they shared maybe they'd both be just tan? Plus compared to Nathan, Julian, Dante, and yes even Morgan, Michael really needs to get to a gym, he has weenie arms and abs.

Ava just annoys me to no end and her whinning just makes me sure Kiki really IS her child.ugh!

The difference between Jordan and Shawn in a scene and Jordan and Julian in a scene is striking. Forget Julexis.....please get Jordan OUT of Shawn's bed and into Julian's. MEOW!

SamTrick are just anger producing but I will say loved Sam's top so I focused on that instead of the douchecannon in the room. Alexis on prop duty was totally annoying.

Please keep Dante OUT of hipster Franco's plaid closet. I like Lulu and Dante they are super cute and the scene with Tracy was good, I feel really bad for her.

Monday looks promising especially Ned and Olivia.yay!

Michael looks too "kiddish" to me to be smokin' hot sexy.  He looks like the younger brother, not the older one.  Kiki and her Garanimals sleepwear makes their sex scenes look even more ridiculous.

• Love 7
Change Jax/V to Jax/Alexis, and I feel your pain, FireFoxy. Like Sonny, Chloe ruined EVERYTHING. As idiotic as Stavros is now, at least he had the grace and common sense to snap her cotton candy neck like a twig.

Chloe was the wooooorst. I couldn't believe they let V go for that. Ugh! I always liked Jax/Alexis more as best friends. They reminded me of Cass/Felicia from Another World. It's refreshing to see an opposite sex friendship, but they had a ton of chemistry.

I don't know about Jax/V, she was a fun/quirky character, but they seemed better as friends. Plus, I can't remember what was going on in his love life then.

They had good chemistry but Jax was still really wrapped up in Brenduh but there was definitely a spark.

I can't believe I forgot Carly/Lorenzo. I shipped them the most. I can't blame TBraun for wanting the show to pursue that story. Ugh @ Maurice for ruining it! 

• Love 2

The fact that so much story has been clusterfucked because of AG's health issues just highlights how bad the writers of TFGH are. Once upon a time I was a Luke fan, but then I grew up.

The writers don't know what to do while AG is sick, and that shows just how much TG controls this show. And that's also the reason some of the characters must be dumbed down so much. Tracey is just one prime example. AG got the writers to start this big mob story about Himself, and then he couldn't follow through to interact with her, or the Cassadines, or Anna, or Julian, or Robin. His harassment of Kiques was just a means of getting her more camera time, and then it was dropped hard.  I could go on, but my....eyelids..are..drooping. Snore.

• Love 3

I remember when I first found CD attractive, I had to actually look up how old he was, because I legit thought he was about three years younger than me. Turns out, he's actually about a year and a half to two years OLDER than me. Whew! 

I think the main reason I'm not super into CD shirtless or in sex scenes is because he usually looks like he's not super comfortable with it. So he looks like a 15 year old, pale, not super fit guy being forced to appear shirtless on tv, which isn't very sexy. I think he works better (and in fact really well) in family scenes rather than romantic scenes. He had great chem with SK and he has better chem with LW, BC, even the girl who plays Joss than he does with KA. But I actually do see some chem with the actress that plays Rosalie, so maybe it's just KA that he has anti-chem with. They just don't work together on any level, IMO. Make it stop!

• Love 7

All jokes aside, it does look like the show is moving towards MicRo and back towards AMor, so where does that leave Kiki? What poor, unfortunate soul is going to get saddled with her?

Is she going to play spoiler to Naxie, Lante, or Brik? Or are Cartini dumb enough to bring on someone brand new and expect KA to anchor the pairing?

It's a shame that both BBr and EV have landed other work, because KA at least as Starr did have chemistry with them.

The writers don't know what to do while AG is sick, and that shows just how much TG controls this show.

It's not TG's fault the writers don't know what to do when he's sick. The writers don't know what to do when TG is on the show.  How does that translate to TG having any control? He doesn't tell them what to write. They might consult with him, but it's ultimately up to Ron to decide the direction of Luke's stories.

it does look like the show is moving towards MicRo and back towards AMor, so where does that leave Kiki? What poor, unfortunate soul is going to get saddled with her?

If those pairings happen, I think that means Lauren is going to play the spoiler in one or both of them. That keeps her in conflict with Ava and Nina. 

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2

Mileage varies, but Chad Duell look like he is about 12 to me. I never want to see him shirtless or in a love scene.

He played a couple of guest roles on Disney Channel shows before taking GH, so I can't un-see him as a kid. (He was cheesy good as an evil Wizard on Wizards of Waverly Place, though.) 

All jokes aside, it does look like the show is moving towards MicRo and back towards AMor, so where does that leave Kiki? What poor, unfortunate soul is going to get saddled with her?

Is she going to play spoiler to Naxie, Lante, or Brik? Or are Cartini dumb enough to bring on someone brand new and expect KA to anchor the pairing?

It's a shame that both BBr and EV have landed other work, because KA at least as Starr did have chemistry with them.

Kiki/Sonny!  If I can't get Nina/Sonny, I want Kiki/Sonny. 

KA did have a lot of chem with EV and, especially, BB.  I could have shipped Johnny/Starr.  I think she's always been better at chemistry with older guys than her general age range. 

I can take or leave Chad's chest. It's this look on his face that often turns me off a lot of the time

Untitled_zpsa05c6a09.png

To be fair, I too often make that face when it comes to something GH related

KA did have a lot of chem with EV and, especially, BB.  I could have shipped Johnny/Starr.  I think she's always been better at chemistry with older guys than her general age range.

Poor Brandon, wasn't getting saddled with Lisa, Connie and Carly enough? ;)

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7

@KerleyQ

:waves to fellow "Si[c]ki" shipper:

Has any soap character ever slept with two siblings and a parent? If not, I think Keeks should be the first.

At least unlike with Emily, Sonny neither watched Keeks grow up, or gave her the sex talk.

Not to mention, watching Sonny stutterbark as he tried to explain to Michael that he torpedoed Keeks for Michael's own good would be UCG.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1