Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

That's a very good question... there are too many people in Port Charles who consistently infantize Michael and I'm really not sure why that is. He doesn't have a history of mental breaks or raging violence... the way, say, Carly and Sonny do. They're the worst but Kiki has gotten on board that train and... yeah, I don't get it. Maybe it's the Eeyore look he constantly wears.

I so want Michael to prove all these idiots wrong. I mean everyone around him is keeping a damn secret from him to "protect" his whittle baby heart and he is totally clueless and looks like a dolt. He shows signs of having a spidie sense that everyone is acting a little odd around him but he won't freakin' call anyone on it. I saw a little of that with Tracy but then poof it went away again.

I so want him to go for it with Rosalie and have a secret affair with her. I would so love to see the massive jaw drop of all his family when they see Micheal isn't a baby to coddle.

• Love 1

I'm not saying it's OOC for Patrick to seek some kind of sexual comfort when he feels wronged. That's nothing new.

This shows me that they aren't showing any type of struggle for Patrick in a romantic sense. Because he's just THERE to serve Sam's story right now.

My point was not that it's OOC for Patrick to look for the first warm body he can find. I think it's been well-established that when Patty's man pain gets too intolerable (*insert ginormous eyeroll here*) he looks for a nice, soft pair of breasts to rest his wounded head on. At this point, I'm just glad they seem to have removed Liz from his orbit, because she and her clown car uterus seemed to be next in line when she was going to the park with him and Emma because she thought he "needed to smile" or some such nonsense. So I guess we dodged a bullet there.

What I was wondering was, is Sam going to become the next Sabrina for viewers now? Will JT check out of the storyline because he seems to feel that the material is beneath his standards and Patrick isn't getting enough of a POV? If, as you say, he's only there to serve her story, does KM have the bashing TeCa got to look forward to? I'm not invested in Patrick and Sam as a couple because I hate him, but I don't hate her.

• Love 1

Nice to see Maxie putting the blame where it belongs. That x1000 would be a good start. Also, she doesn't need to worry about dating Nathan, she needs to line him up in front of the entire department shift  and confess she slandered him multiple times. Britt and Nik were played well, so I forgot to wonder why they were running around loose in a station.

The 'saving Jason's life' scene was at least a little medical looking, a little. The medical commericals looked more hospital, though.

Sabrina gets a do-over shot?  Really?

Alexis failed to impress today. Not sure what she was missing, but she was. The 'seduction' talk was kind of yucky, too. LMAO at the date crashing. Every once in a while the writing and directing click again on this show,  too bad usually only for one scene.

Ava and Duddly Dufass were lame.

Even with today's unrealistic scenes Jordan remains the best character.

Lulu gets a nice family scene before what we know is next, it was actually well done. Credit where it is deserved.

• Love 1

My point was not that it's OOC for Patrick to look for the first warm body he can find. I think it's been well-established that when Patty's man pain gets too intolerable (*insert ginormous eyeroll here*) he looks for a nice, soft pair of breasts to rest his wounded head on. At this point, I'm just glad they seem to have removed Liz from his orbit, because she and her clown car uterus seemed to be next in line when she was going to the park with him and Emma because she thought he "needed to smile" or some such nonsense. So I guess we dodged a bullet there.

What I was wondering was, is Sam going to become the next Sabrina for viewers now? Will JT check out of the storyline because he seems to feel that the material is beneath his standards and Patrick isn't getting enough of a POV? If, as you say, he's only there to serve her story, does KM have the bashing TeCa got to look forward to? I'm not invested in Patrick and Sam as a couple because I hate him, but I don't hate her.

Liz is too busy going from Nik to Ric to Nik to Jason.

Sam will never be Sabrina to viewers. Sam is an established and fairly well-liked character in her own right. And I think JT WANTS to work with KeMo and most likely doesn't truly care about what Patrick's POV is.

I just personally don't think his character has one right now because there's no true struggle. If he's over Robin, who cares about Sam/Patrick in terms of PATRICK? It matters with Sam, yes. Because she has the complex story right now. She can't get over Jason, she was in love with Silas, and she's now feeling something for Patrick. And she gets to voice this with MULTIPLE characters.

So far, Patrick has only voiced his feelings to Liz. And, again, made it about how Sam is not ready. Not himself.

• Love 2

lol I don't know why the Rocco baby is scared of ER/Lulu but it seems to be leading to more of Dante holding him, so woohoo. Speaking of, one good thing for now out of this whole Stavros crap is Lulu deciding she doesn't want to have another baby now. Seems they'll be focused on the Fluke stuff for now thank goodness.

Morgan: My dad isn't violent towards women.

Oh Morgan, my sweet summer child.

Poor Olivia. I feel for her. That's not sarcasm.

Tyler/Nik looks brutal. Brutal. That hair has to stop.

• Love 4

Loved Ned calling Julian out. And Julian threatening Sonny. And Alexis saying "preppy" in response to Julian's arrogance/putting Ned down.

So NuJason will remember Elizabeth's work to revive him pre-surgery, and holding his hand - yeah I see a NuJason-Elizabeth-Sam-Patrick quad in the near future.  Elizabeth looks great in red, but good Lord that camera shot from the back really shows how crazy thin she is!!

Shut up Mac and Felicia. Maxie showing self-awareness FINALLY is a good thing, and Nathan IS too good for her. It's too bad he doesn't get that. The Britt-Nathan conversation about Maxie annoyed me so. 

Morgan is still naive about Sonny, blech. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 2

Okay, before anyone says anything, I have no defense for him. Morgan, you're a complete moron. My father isn't violent towards women?!?! Ugh. I did love his last line though.

It makes me shake my head, but I can understand it of him. How would he be in a position to know? I remember when Kristina only realized the truth when she was at Claudia's birthday party and Sonny flipped out at her. Morgan has never actually seen Sonny be violent towards women, and everyone around him is telling him that Sonny would never hurt women, etc etc. So I can understand it coming out of his mouth.

Plus, I have a feeling it'll lead to an eye-opening, or at least a misunderstanding. If/when Ava gets killed . . . and I do think she will, probably . . . he's gonna thing Sonny did it for whatever reason.

• Love 3

I wanted to possess Alexis's body and go off with Julian. ( Ned was fine with Olivia)

Tyler/Nik looks brutal. Brutal. That hair has to stop.

Is it some sort of undercut/fauxhawk thing he's got going on? Not very princely....but then again neither are the tats. 

Edited by Mrs OldManBalls
  • Love 2

Lawd please make it stop, I never thought I could dislike a prop so much as the bottle of "death" pills.

....So sure Ava will die and it will be did Nina, Sabrina or Sonny off her? Just for it to be none of the above, some day player or an accident.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 4

Lawd please make it stop, I never thought I could dislike a prop so much as the bottle of "death" pills.

....So sure Ave will die and it will be did Nina, Sabrina or Sonny off her? Just for it to be none of the above, some day player or an accident.

If you think that's bad, you should have seen when one of the characters was lugging a painting around with him for months.

• Love 8

If you think that's bad, you should have seen when one of the characters was lugging a painting around with him for months.

Please tell me at least it wasn't something as horrible as egg zalad zandwich that Franco painted?

It makes me shake my head, but I can understand it of him. How would he be in a position to know? I remember when Kristina only realized the truth when she was at Claudia's birthday party and Sonny flipped out at her. Morgan has never actually seen Sonny be violent towards women, and everyone around him is telling him that Sonny would never hurt women, etc etc. So I can understand it coming out of his mouth.

If that's the situation, then it should be a case where he uses a thing called Google. Or sorry, goggle according to Nina. It would be one thing if it were only one instance of his father being violent towards women, but since there are multiple occurrences I won't excuse him for it. Michael's supposed to be the sheltered one, not him. Wake the fuck up and realize what your dad is. A violent criminal thug who fucking shot your mom in the head as she was giving birth to you.

Random thought: that dayplayer nurse in with Elephant Face Jason was so bad. One of the worst I've ever seen.

Enough with the damn lasagna, Mama Pasta.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1

Oh Pethan (Painting/Ethan), you had such promise!

Please tell me at least it wasn't something as horrible as egg zalad zandwich that Franco painted?

It was a painting of Laura (& vaguely looked like JMB's Lulu, Ethan's sister).  So, ya know, not weird or gross or anything.

• Love 5

If that's the situation, then it should be a case where he uses a thing called Google. Or sorry, goggle according to Nina. It would be one thing if it were only one instance of his father being violent towards women, but since there are multiple occurrences I won't excuse him for it. Michael's supposed to be the sheltered one, not him. Wake the fuck up and realize what your dad is. A violent criminal thug who fucking shot your mom in the head as she was giving birth to you.

I don't think Michael is supposed to be the sheltered one though, at least not compared to Morgan (even though Kiki inexplicably treats him that way, because she's an idiot) -  people have made a point ever since Morgan came back about how Morgan didn't realize the significance of Sonny's business. He didn't know about Michael's rape, and when he shot Max Michael was all "I told you so" about the violence not being a big game. And before that when he was unSORASed, they were all about trying to keep him away from the reality of Sonny's business, or at least that's what Sonny and Carly told themselves.

And yeah, there's more there are countless occasions of Sonny being violent towards women, but even if it occurred to him to google it most of it wouldn't pop up on there. But like I said, I think that line is signaling an awakening for him.

• Love 1
Or sorry, goggle according to Nina.

If only she'd called it "the goggle." When they throw in little bits like this to remind us that Nina's been out of it for twenty years, she's kind of charming.

A violent criminal thug who fucking shot your mom in the head as she was giving birth to you.

How does Morgan not know about this? How does he not remember Kristina nearly being blown up by a car bomb? I can't believe Michael didn't write him at boarding school and tell him: "You'll never believe what Dad did today!" Or Kristina herself: "Dear Morgan,  Dad never thought I'd be in the car with Johnny and the bomb, but I'm fine. Please don't worry about me. xoxo, Krissy."

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

Okay, if not Google then how about talking to someone like maybe his brother Dante? He would have to know about some of the more unseemly activities. Oh, but then they'd have to remember Morgan and Dante are brothers. Have they had more than one scene alone together this entire YEAR?

While we're at it, fuck off and die Sabrina. That will never not need to be said.

• Love 5

While we're at it, fuck off and die Sabrina. That will never not need to be said.

This will never not be beautiful to read - or untrue. She needs to go...now. She's always been annoying. Now she's annoying and useless! Unless some other unsuspecting sap will get bogged down with her ass next until she ends up in jail or the looney bin.

• Love 4

I couldn't watch the rest of the show after Morgan said that Sonny isn't violent towards women.

My eye-rolls were positively Sarah Brown-esque.

Wait, wait...Morgan said WHAT?! LOL! Excuse me, I need to go chase my eyeballs as they've rolled out the door. Clearly, Morgan got his "smarts" from both of his parents, meaning none whatsoever.

• Love 3

Ahem.

Even though he's not a woman, Morgan is aware and knows that Sonny shot Dante IN.THE.CHEST. So I'd say, yeah, he is aware of how and what Sonny does in the name of bidnez.

but Scorpiosrule, hitting women is much worse than shooting innocent men in the chest! Just like distributing drugs is much worse than shooting innocent men in the chest! YOU'RE SO JUDGMENTAL. Plus, this is a world where everyone thinks Sonny wouldn't shoot AJ because he gave Michael his word. the characters have odd ideas about Sonny's non-existent morality.

• Love 10

but Scorpiosrule, hitting women is much worse than shooting innocent men in the chest! Just like distributing drugs is much worse than shooting innocent men in the chest! YOU'RE SO JUDGMENTAL. Plus, this is a world where everyone thinks Sonny wouldn't shoot AJ because he gave Michael his word. the characters have odd ideas about Sonny's non-existent morality.

Whaat? Me? Judgmental? Shirley you jest, ulkis.

• Love 5

Speaking of, one good thing for now out of this whole Stavros crap is Lulu deciding she doesn't want to have another baby now

Maybe I'm cynical, but as soon as I heard her say that, my first thought was that she was going to get pregnant. 

I'll admit that I wasn't paying attention too closely during the clinic/hostage crisis, but didn't Stavros manage to shoot her up with something while Dante was chained to the other wall? 

I"m afraid that it will have had some magical egg-creating powers.

I also wish they'd find something for Olivia to do. I'm tired of the smothering mother-in-law routine, and I don't think she does comedy that well -- it always ends up a little too broad, IMO. She even changes her delivery when it's supposed to be funny and it takes me out of the scene. I guess I'm saying I wish they'd dial her back a notch or two. or three. or ten. 

And damn, Julian looked good … then he got a little too self-assured about Alexis' attraction to him. Sometimes a little vulnerability works better, dude …

Maybe MB mumbles because he's embarrassed by the lines he's supposed to deliver. 

• Love 1

Maybe I'm cynical, but as soon as I heard her say that, my first thought was that she was going to get pregnant. 

I'll admit that I wasn't paying attention too closely during the clinic/hostage crisis, but didn't Stavros manage to shoot her up with something while Dante was chained to the other wall? 

It was a hormone shot. They clearly showed her getting it in the butt. Even Ron has to draw a line through getting pregnant through the butt . . . right? Right?

:tumbleweeds:

• Love 6

It was a hormone shot. They clearly showed her getting it in the butt. Even Ron has to draw a line through getting pregnant through the butt . . . right? Right?

But just think how much closer her ovaries were to her butt than to her arm. The magical hormones could get there that much quicker. Because that's how it works in real life, right?  

Ulkis, I don't want another baby, but I'm not sure Ron has given up on Lulu's womb just yet. 

• Love 2

But then when he threatened Sonny, I giggled.

I did too!

Threatened in his house with his henchmen, That's the Julian that originally came to the show. No fear. Besides, Sonny had to look up a bit to Julian while he was being threatened.

Jordan is going to get those pills tested or compare them with the PDR. She is DEA after all.

• Love 3

At least Ava isn't crawling around on the ground staring at the pills for multiple episodes. 

Nathan should at least make Maxie grovel for a few days before he forgives her for all the bullshit she put everyone through. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

Isn't it nice that Ron can get out and go and watch "Othello" in the park, and then inflict it on us?  Carly "Desdemona" Jax really is screwing around, though.  Let's hope that Ron stayed until the end of the play. 

Franco:  "Have you said your prayers tonight, Carly?"

• Love 4

Today wasn't so bad, minus barbaric Sonny. He can go jump off on a cliff.

Sabrina is a freak.

How can Liz not recognize Jason- the facial edema was that bad? Stupid show.

Ned and Alexis still make me smile.

• Love 3

Julian!  I've missed you.

I am so tired of the Reappearance of Jason saga.  It's been weeks now, right, where he's been around but we haven't seen him?  It's so ridiculous.  He's dead!  He isn't dead, he's just frozen!  Robin woke him up!  Oh, no, wait, she killed him!  No, he's alive and awake!  Oh, he caught in the lab explosion!  No, he's alive and with Robin!  Oh, he got kidnapped again!  No, he got away!  Oh, he got run over!  Oh, he's almost dead in the hospital!  I just cannot even anymore.  We all know he's coming back, why so much over the top back and forth?

I think it's kind of believable that Morgan believes Sonny doesn't hurt women.  One, Jax especially tried to protect young Morgan from all that information, and they did send him to boarding school.  Two, a child would *want* to believe that about their dad, that he's a 'gangster with a heart of gold'.  In fact, it makes a lot more sense coming from Morgan than from anyone else, say, like, oh, I don't know - Carly, who he not only shot in the head but who has also been HELPING HIM PLAN TO MURDER AVA.

Sorry, lost my temper for a minute there. 

• Love 4

Catching up on this thread, I'm wondering, that with all of the non-existent points-of-view of the characters, and the lack of relationships with substance; are there any main storylines that do not revolve around criminals and psychos?  Yeah, we get dribs and drabs of characters relating to one another, but they all implode before they even begin (usually with help by said criminals and psychos), or are too shallow to even register as genuine. 

This show sucks balls at writing realistic people with emotions.  What the hell are Patrick's real feelings and motivations?  His douchecanoe/cannon/lord-ness is not being properly explained.  Is he actually over Robin and trying to manipulate the situation with Sam and angle for sympathy from friends and family?  Or is he just deeply hurt that Robin is gone again (She did talk about wanting to go in order to save Jason, even if she would have been forced either way), but acting out thoughtlessly and putting on a front?  We know Robin's pov, that she's doing this to protect her family but she wants to go home, and we know Sam is just confused as fuck, but misses Jason above all.  I don't get why he's doing what he's doing, and I'm losing interest. 

I kinda miss Ethan and Painting, gallivanting all over town -- such a cute couple.  I was never a fan of the pill staring contests. 

eta:  About to watch today's show, and I can't believe how excited I am to see Julian. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 3

Okay, before anyone says anything, I have no defense for him. Morgan, you're a complete moron. My father isn't violent towards women?!?! Ugh. I did love his last line though.

Morgan: My dad isn't violent towards women.

Oh Morgan, my sweet summer child.

My sweet, sweet dumb as hell baby! The poor thing.

I honestly really liked this episode. I didn't fast forward anything.

When Morgan said, "I don't want you to go," to Ava in the promo I swooned like a pre-teen girl.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Maybe MB mumbles because he's embarrassed by the lines he's supposed to deliver.

Nah, he's been mumbling for the last decade.  

Sabrina is a freak.

She goes from Cinderella to Peyton Flanders.  

Can someone hold a flashlight up to Morgan's ear and see if any light comes out the other side?  I think this kid is missing something.  LOL

• Love 2

This show sucks balls at writing realistic people with emotions. What the hell are Patrick's real feelings and motivations? His douchecanoe/cannon/lord-ness is not being properly explained. Is he actually over Robin and trying to manipulate the situation with Sam and angle for sympathy from friends and family? Or is he just deeply hurt that Robin is gone again (She did talk about wanting to go in order to save Jason, even if she would have been forced either way), but acting out thoughtlessly and putting on a front? We know Robin's pov, that she's doing this to protect her family but she wants to go home, and we know Sam is just confused as fuck, but misses Jason above all. I don't get why he's doing what he's doing, and I'm losing interest.

The $1 million question. What does Patrick really feel? For me, I wish they'd write him true to form and have him admit that he's going after Sam out of spite because he's been oh-so-hurt by Robin. That makes more sense to me than this coincidence of "I'm over Robin! And I happen to like Sam now! The woman who my ex-wife was trying to help when she left me to resurrect Jasus."

I think it's kind of believable that Morgan believes Sonny doesn't hurt women.  One, Jax especially tried to protect young Morgan from all that information, and they did send him to boarding school.  Two, a child would *want* to believe that about their dad, that he's a 'gangster with a heart of gold'.  In fact, it makes a lot more sense coming from Morgan than from anyone else, say, like, oh, I don't know - Carly, who he not only shot in the head but who has also been HELPING HIM PLAN TO MURDER AVA.

Sorry, lost my temper for a minute there. 

Or from Dante or Olivia, who would huffily be all "oh yeah AJ? Sonny may have shot me/my son in the chest but at least he doesn't drink! Er, drink as much as you!"

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

Eh I don't care about Patrick's feels anymore.

I care about Jason being a Q. Recording getting played. Micheal being a Q. Julian and Jordan making sweet park love. The AJ reveal. Roger Howarth going crazy. And Billy Miller playing a Sonny hating Jason. And Robin and Jason. Screw. Liz. Saving. Teh. Day.

• Love 3