Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, ulkis said:

I don't have a problem with Sam calling the cops on Julian, but my disconnect is I don't really feel like she would be that enraged about it. Alexis going back to Julian that is. I'm also not feeling the betrayal between Sam and Julian because they relationship was built up so shoddily and the guy just does not remotely come across as her father.

It's even hard for me to feel like Alexis was scared or mad at Julian, because from the start NLG played it more like a woman who should feel she should be angry but isn't actually. 

Reverse psychology?

This Joss is so bland, I really don't care if she were to give the smackdown to Carly.

I don't think Sam is feeling betrayal from Julian, I think she just doesn't like him(and I'm glad cause I don't like him either)They don't have a father/daughter bond because it was never built up and Sam have never seemed to care who her biological father was so it's not a relationship that Sam was ever invested in. 

Also I don't think she's enraged that Alexis would go back to him, given her history I think she does or should understand why Alexis would go back to a POS cause Sam has done this and married one. I think she's angry that Julian attacked her mother, Julian is what's wrong with the picture not Alexis' feelings but Julian himself. 

I was amused that Sam called the cops on Julian, actually their barely relationship amuses me even though I hate Julian. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, lor said:

so what if nelle broke up sonnys and carlys marriage? sonnys not so wonderful. how many times can carly say you used my sons death to break up my marriage? 

When Carly first came to Port Charles to get revenge on Bobbie, it was right after Bobbie and Tony's daughter BJ was killed.  They and their son, Lucas were devastated by BJ's death.  Carly knew this but it did not stop her from getting revenge, even though it hurt Lucas.  So Carly can shut the F**k up and take a seat when it comes to Nelle.  

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

When Carly first came to Port Charles to get revenge on Bobbie, it was right after Bobbie and Tony's daughter BJ was killed.  They and their son, Lucas were devastated by BJ's death.  Carly knew this but it did not stop her from getting revenge, even though it hurt Lucas.  So Carly can shut the F**k up and take a seat when it comes to Nelle.  

BJ died on 5/18/1994.  Carly arrived in Port Charles on 4/8/1996. Big difference from Nelle doubling down on her revenge plan 7 weeks after Morgan's death on 10/7/2016 by drugging Sonny on 11/28/2016 and taping his admission on 11/29/2016. Plus Carly did not befriend Bobbie, did not work for her nor have Bobbie rely on her for virtually everything especially at the time of BJ's death ( when Nelle was doing everything in her power to be indispensible to Carly after Morgan's death/leading up to and at time of his funeral and the very hard time she had fot the holidays), she babysat Lucas a few times but did nothing to him, and did fall in love with Tony tho his life fell apart because of his affair with Carly and never was redeemed before his death.

I'm not a Carly fan but wanted to clarify the vast differences in the Carly vs Nelle storylines.

Edited by linsav
  • Love 1
Just now, linsav said:

BJ died on 5/18/1994.  Carly arrived in Port Charles on 4/8/1996. Big difference from Nelle doubling down on her revenge plan 7 weeks after Morgan's death on 10/7/2016 by drugging Sonny on 11/28/2016 and taping his admission on 11/29/2016. Plus Carly did not befriend Bobbie, did not work for her nor have Bobbie rely on her for virtually everything especially at the time of Morgan's death/leading up to and at time of his funeral and the very hard time she had fir the holudays, she babysat Lucas a few times but did nothing to him, and did fall in love with Tony tho his life fell apart because of his affair with Carly and never was redeemed before his death. 

Taking this to the History thread. 

12 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Ah, can we keep Jax and send Sonny to Australia? Pretty please! 

Heeeey now, what did Australia ever to do you to deserve Sonny?? Although, the idea of Sonny as shark bait would work. I'm open to the possibility of him being dropped into the water off the coast of wherever, to be breakfast, lunch or dinner for some hungry great white(s). 

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Re: Jake, Jason's old face, Cassadine Island.  I don't have a problem with it being written that SBuJasonFace was on CI at the same time as Jake because there's a lot of wiggle room as to WHERE he was WHEN he was during the time after he got dumped in the harbor. 

I don't think there is.  Jake was rescued July 2015, we saw Robin working on Jason at Crichton-Clark/bringing him Back From The Dead in August 2015. and he was still in such rough shape in September 2015 that he had a breathing tube he had to rip out.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Vera said:

The speed and excitement of it is riveting! 

You know the pacing of this show is always breakneck.

2 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:
15 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Ah, can we keep Jax and send Sonny to Australia? Pretty please! 

Heeeey now, what did Australia ever to do you to deserve Sonny??

Start out as a penal colony, that's what! 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I don't think there is.  Jake was rescued July 2015, we saw Robin working on Jason at Crichton-Clark/bringing him Back From The Dead in August 2015. and he was still in such rough shape in September 2015 that he had a breathing tube he had to rip out.

Jake Doe / BM showed up in the fall of 2014 and little Jake was rescued July 2015.

Yeah. I remember Jake Doe was around when Lucky brought Jake the Younger home. I remember because Nikolas: Best Brother Ever decided to make Lucky complicit in the Jake-Doe-Is-Jason-Morgan secret because sure, why not shit on Lucky some more, he's not sticking around anyway.* GRRRR.

Dear god, Sonny is an idiot. Not even an entertaining one. Why does anyone bother with him anymore?

*Are we sure he didn't take Casper and Aaron with him when he went?

• Love 6

Can I just say that the babies playing Scout(and I have grown to really love this name)are just so stinking cute. When she gave that tiny smile yesterday it warmed my GH hating heart for a few seconds. 

• Love 4

Yes Jake Doe was around when Jake came back, but they are rewriting the hell out of where Jason was. He was pulled out the water and at that clinic the whole time. Just like Helena was on ice till Robin revived both. They ran away together. Jason couldn't talk and had his memories. He got caught outside Sonny's house where Sam was inside with Sonny. He escaped again and got hit by Ava's car. He was in the hospital and that is where Jake Doe happened.

None of Ron's shit with the brain chip made sense. Now Jelly continues the bullshit with this scarecrow nonsense.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

I wish they could do at least one story that wasn't dumb or terrible

I know. I'm fine not liking every story, but it'd be nice to like one. JE's exit story comes closest for me, but that's only because it's JE. It's very sad it takes her leaving for Tracy to get decent air time.

• Love 2

Oh crap, you guys are right, got my dates confused.  Jake(son) was around when Little Jake was returned because Liz was about to come clean to Jake(son) and she (grossly) took Little Jake's return as a sign she should keep clinging to mob peen.  Oh Liz.

But still, Jason wasn't Back From The Dead until Robin worked on him at Crichton Clark and there was no time between that happening and their subsequent escape and Jason getting smooshed by Ava's car where he could have been hanging around CI terrorizing Jake.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

linsav - BJ died on 5/18/1994.  Carly arrived in Port Charles on 4/8/1996. Big difference from Nelle doubling down on her revenge plan 7 weeks after Morgan's death on 10/7/2016 by drugging Sonny on 11/28/2016 and taping his admission on 11/29/2016.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.  You have just done more research than these not-so-new writers have!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner.  You have just done more research than these not-so-new writers have!

True - actual research. But Show also writes characters and glosses over past actions to attempt to make Carly look like she's not the long-term self-centered, toxic trainwreck she really is (see roadkill Bobbie and Jax as Carly proppers as examples). Nelle, at the appox. age Carly was when she came to Port Charles, isn't even close to touching Carly's level of destruction.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Nelle, at the appox. age Carly was when she came to Port Charles, isn't even close to touching Carly's level of destruction.

Nelle barely qualifies as an amateur compared to Carly.

• Love 4
On 2017-04-22 at 0:20 AM, Oracle42 said:

At the time Alexis was worried about the danger surrounding Jason affecting her daughter. Julian is an actual threat to Alexis. And he's proven over and over again that he will lie to her even when it endangers her and her family. This shit is beneath her 

I remember a scene when Jason tarped a mob rival of Sonny's on his orders just because she winning at the power game (I can't remember her name but unlike Sonny, she was competent).  It was utterly chilling and horrifying.  No matter what anyone else on this show does, they will never be as horrible as Jason and Sonny are to me.

What man has ever treated Alexis well?  (Other than Jax, with whom she wasn't in a romantic relationship.)  Sonny barely finished impregnating her before he was panting after Carly again and Rick slept with her daughter and took Molly away from her while she was being treated for cancer.  And then there's Ned, who took her baby away forcing that godawful butler period.

No wonder she's conflicted.  At least Julian gave her some good times before he turned on her.

On 2017-04-22 at 8:41 AM, lor said:

so what if nelle broke up sonnys and carlys marriage? sonnys not so wonderful. how many times can carly say you used my sons death to break up my marriage?

Nelle didn't break up Sonny's marriage, Sonny did. I hate that everything gets blamed on Nelle, who is a disturbed young man who eventually did the right thing in not pressing charges on Jax, rather than on Sonny.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

And as Carly has repeatedly said, the final straw wasn't as much the cheating as it was Sonny lying about it for months and allowing Nelle to stay close to her and potentially do her more harm.  And nobody stopped Sony from come cleaning about "sleeping with Nelle" the minute it happened except Sonny.

• Love 5

I made it in to about 5:28 minutes of Friday show. God, Jaxs is fine. Like seriously fine. That's all I have to say. I'm so not even going to edit this freaking post that I put in through Siri. 

I stopped watching Hulu once they mentioned the freaking name Kiki. I swear to fucking God, how they let that name continue on this show is a travesty. Just fucking start calling her Lauren already.

That's all I have to say.   Back to the barge for me. 

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Francie said:

Just fucking start calling her Lauren already.

NOOO!! I could not stand to hear her called that. The name Kiki suits that serial killer Franco's buddy, dead Morgan propping, pathetically-intimidated-by-Carly twit just fine.

• Love 1

I finally tuned in to see an episode. I kind of just couldn't take what they did to Ava anymore. But I wanted to see her because I missed her, and I also wanted to see my Davis Girls. This show is still all kinds of horrible. I give you guys credit for hanging in there, because I just can't even. I've heard what they did with the Tracy exit storyline, what a travesty.

And Sonny can burn in hell for eternity.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Francie said:

I stopped watching Hulu once they mentioned the freaking name Kiki. I swear to fucking God, how they let that name continue on this show is a travesty. Just fucking start calling her Lauren already.

But her friiiiiiieeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnndddddddddsssssssssssss* call her Kiki, what is she supposed to do!

* Never mind that Kiki's only friend is her SERIAL KILLER father figure, blech.

• Love 7

Jason was never alive with his old face on Cassadine Island doing work for Helena. Helena wasn't alive either. We are supposed to ignore the entire Robin/Creighton-Clark storyline, I suppose.

• Love 4

Must be nice to have the kind of life where you can consider moving to the opposite side of the world at a moment's notice. Poor Jax, he was so naive to think that Carly would ever detach herself from Michael and Sonny. She'll simultaneously love and hate Sonny until the day she's dead, and Michael has replaced Jason as the one she turns to for emotional comfort and guidance. There's no room for Jax to be anything other than Joss' father and Carly's occasional fling.

It's dumb to see Julian argue with Olivia over Leo. Leo's existence is pointless, because we've barely seen him and we've certainly never seen Julian have any significant interactions with him. They should magically rewrite history and let Leo be Ned's biological son instead.

Samira knowing the Thanksgiving song is such a ham fisted way of showing her Quartermaine connection. I would love to know how Edward brought up that song to Samira's mother. Were they eating pizza and he just started singing it instinctively?

Edited by Linny
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Jason was never alive with his old face on Cassadine Island doing work for Helena. Helena wasn't alive either. We are supposed to ignore the entire Robin/Creighton-Clark storyline, I suppose.

LexieLily,  You are obviously an intelligent and logical person.  These very qualities are a handicap when watching this crapfest.  Trying to apply logic and intelligence to this show is futile.  The good thing is you are not alone.  Your fellow snarkers on this site all feel the same way and we are here to support you and each other.   

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, Linny said:

Leo's existence is pointless

So, so pointless. He exists purely because someone didn't want to hide LiLoC behind counters, plants, and giant purses. UGH.

56 minutes ago, Linny said:

Samira knowing the Thanksgiving song is such a ham fisted way of showing her Quartermaine connection.

It's a hymn, FFS. I get that Samira might not have learned it otherwise, but it's not as if it's some secret Q thing. This stuff drives me insane. 

• Love 4

I barely watch this show anymore but I've been home sick so I tuned in. I know we have seen a lot of bad acting on GH over the years but good grief the actress playing this random new possible Quartermaine is straight up painful to watch. How did she ever get cast? I had to watch most of her scenes with one hand over my eyes. 

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

So, so pointless. He exists purely because someone didn't want to hide LiLoC behind counters, plants, and giant purses. UGH.

Well that and because RC was determined to tie his characters to the canvas with pointless, unnecessary babies. Julian is supposed to be 58, he didn't need an infant. He already had a son that he ignored.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

Carly is dumb. Jax is a sucker. I wish he were taking Joss with him. Seriously, why isn't he? Do we need Joss around now? Also, someone needs to alert Carly that Sonny has already destroyed her.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Carly is dumb. Jax is a sucker.

It bummed me out to hear Jax say he was still in love with her, like he's been sitting around Australia pining for her the last couple of years.  Guh-ross.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:
51 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Well that and because RC was determined to tie his characters to the canvas with pointless, unnecessary babies. Julian is supposed to be 58, he didn't need an infant. He already had a son that he ignored.

If the show wants to tie a character to the canvas, it needs to write a decent story, not pile on family members. Even before Leo, Julian had a sister, a daughter, and a wife. Not to mention a niece and two stepdaughters. Now he also has a second son and a back-from-the-dead sister. Leo was not the thing that tied Julian to the canvas. (Not saying that's what you're saying.)

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, TeeMo said:

I had to watch most of her scenes with one hand over my eyes. 

I watch the majority of the scenes this way. The fremdschämen is strong with this show.

It is so so gross that Jax still carries a torch for Carly. She's not motherfucking worth it, Jax! He could do so much better. Man, my NULOCH has returned full force lately. And I can not stand LW's hair/style/acting at all anymore.

I liked the Tracy/Laura scenes.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Carly is dumb. Jax is a sucker. I wish he were taking Joss with him. Seriously, why isn't he? Do we need Joss around now? Also, someone needs to alert Carly that Sonny has already destroyed her.

The only reason I want Joss to stick around is that I want her to seek revenge and plot to make Sonny's life a living hell.  Joss IS Carly's daughter and she has been on the sidelines of mobcenteral most of her life.  She could have heard or seen some really interesting things over the years.  Joss could literally know where the bodies are buried.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It bummed me out to hear Jax say he was still in love with her, like he's been sitting around Australia pining for her the last couple of years.  Guh-ross.

I was hoping that Jax would make it clear that he wanted Carly in Australia so they could co-parent, but that he had no intentions of marrying her again.

. . .

And I would have enjoyed it even more if he had revealed that he and Brenda were living together but had no plans to marry either. And I would have enjoyed it the most if he told Carly that she could either let Joss go with him voluntarily now, or she could get involved in a custody suit which she would have no hope of winning, given her relationship with Sonny. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeMo said:

I barely watch this show anymore but I've been home sick so I tuned in. I know we have seen a lot of bad acting on GH over the years but good grief the actress playing this random new possible Quartermaine is straight up painful to watch. How did she ever get cast? I had to watch most of her scenes with one hand over my eyes. 

I really wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt, but she really, really is that bad.

• Love 9

The last thing that I want to see is the new Sabrina hanging out at the Q's getting on my nerves.  Enough!  We all know Edward had another child in Jimmy Lee and hopefully the man had a couple of his own children to fill up the mansion and give us endless stories.  However, I would ignore the silliness of the story if the writers had the balls to write Emily, AJ, Alan and Justus were revived by a Helena and she hid them out on CI, where little Jake stumbled upon them one day and has no idea that he knows their significance to the folks in town.

Olivia should have been sent packing after Sonny shot her ass in the chest instead of Dante.

New Jake is just too darned cute and cuddly, but the actor is really good.  I miss old brooding Jake that clearly acted like some serious shit happened while he was on CI.

Nice Liason scenes without Franco smelling up the joint.

• Love 4

Seriously, count on the show to give me something I wanted - another Quartermaine on canvas, retconned or otherwise - in the worst way possible - a not-so-great actress clogging up Tracy's exit storyline - because this show is nothing if not consistent when it comes to disappointing me.  Booo! 

• Love 11

Oh, Jax. You're No. 5—if that—on Carly's list of people. Why do you keep trying to think otherwise?

LOL that we don't see the SBu Jason picture. 

I hope Julian doesn't sign away his parental rights to Leo. 

Tracy's exit story is terrible. Simply awful. Only JE could make this dreck palatable, and it's taking a heroic effort on her part.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, TheGourmez said:

I really wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt, but she really, really is that bad.

I guess FV has involved himself in the casting decisions again? 

Tracy's exit story is making me nostalgic for Luke's "My Way" (almost an) exit story 

Carly: "Um, er, uh, I can't leave Port Charles, Jax, cuz... uh... cuz Michael is too nice! Yeah, that's it!" Jesus God, you dodged a bullet, Jax. I will miss you though. Dammit! I can never have nice things.

Hate. Hate. Hate the new Q. Hate. Please take your blue eyes and broken baby voice and fuck right off. But not with Tracey's painting. I hope she's actually a sassy con woman sent by Luke to pull one last heist on Tracey, but then Tracey "Hulk smashes" them all and rides off into the sunset with her painting ...and Finn!  

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 11

I really don't think TG is coming  back-not even for JE's final moments in a cliff hanger style ending. But if I'm wrong, Tracy better do more than hulk smash Luke. There's nothing funny, respectful, or loving about Luke-or anyone else-using Edward's memory into manipulating Tracy into doing something. But so what if Samira knows the Thanksgiving hymn. We already know she knows about Edward, and he was on the run for a couple of years....it makes sense he would sing it around Samira's mother.

Laura is nosy, but I like the stuff with her and Tracy. When Jane leaves, I'll go back to being bored by her, so I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts.

Yes Carly-Michael turned out to be a decent human being, and you finally admitted his goodness has NOTHING to do with you, Jason, or Sonny. How Michael didn't end up being a sociopath after being "raised" by you three, is a miracle.

Jason is boring. Jason and Liz are boring. Jason, his kid, the scarecrow, and Liz, are boring.

Jax...you dodged a bullet. RUN.

The scene with Olivia asking Julian to let Ned adopt Leo was the only time I've felt sorry for this character.

The entire show is so much meh, and it's going to be a lot more so that way after JE leaves. There literally is not one other character on canvas that can fill those shoes in that way, and like her or hate her or something in between, Tracy is a classic soap character whose absence will leave a big, gaping hole in the canvas.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, IWantCandy71 said:

But so what if Samira knows the Thanksgiving hymn. We already know she knows about Edward, and he was on the run for a couple of years....it makes sense he would sing it around Samira's mother.

I'm hoping this is all a set-up by Ashton.  He would know all about Edward, wouldn't he?  And I hope Samira is a con who is in on it, because I don't want the show to be stuck with her and her squinty eyes.

• Love 8