Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

But does it really? The situation was so clearly self-defense that I think it makes him look like he's trying to be a glory hog. He already got Alexis free from Julian's clutches; now he has to claim he stabbed Julian, too? It's laughable.

Well, it's not without precedent.  After all, he's the man who grabbed the bomb from Michael to walk the last two steps to glory and a governor's pardon.  I agree, though.  Like that time, it was so unnecessary this time, but I count it as part and parcel of the show's very obvious agenda to make every last audience member love Sonny no matter how hard they have to work at it and to what ridiculous extents they have to go.  Psst, Show?  It ain't working.

4 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Whatever, not only do I not think he's been horrendous, I think he's been okay to even good. Guess I'm alone with all the wine and chocolate on that one. Oh well, more for me.

No, indeed.  I think WDV has done a fine job.  He's certainly a better actor than MB, though, admittedly, that bar is low.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Would it have killed the show to have either Lucas or Griffin to actually be the doctor on call when Julian was brought in. They actually would belong in this story unlike nameless doctor that we had today.

I thought the same thing.  Those scenes would write themselves and make sense, but do we get them?  No, and that's another example of why this show is tanking.

• Love 15

As a rule, I try to just watch the show and appreciate it as an escape or a guilty pleasure and not really put many expectations on it.  Much like I don't expect a Britney Spears song to be anything spectacular when it comes to musicality, I just expect it to be catchy, and entertain me for a while before I move on to something else, I want that from GH.  I've watched it all of my life, so I take what comes, knowing that I might hate this particular storyline, but it will end, and one I like will come, but it's always there, like an ugly old robe you put on at the end of a long day.  I find it makes it so much easier to watch, I mean, yeah, I question the wormholes, and I wonder why they don't realize that after ER "cerebral edema" doesn't sound like quite the death sentence it might have in the 80s, but, whatever.  I accept that you just get a tiny bandaid on your forehead even though the back of your skull was blown off and you need reconstructive surgery.  It's all good!

I can't take Spencer though.  This is the show that let us watch Robin grow up onscreen.  She had her first love, he gave her HIV. He died, she went to college.  She found Jason.  She got married and had a child.  That child is another amazing child actor.  

The show gave us JJ as Lucky.  Another amazing kid who grew up onscreen.  Next to Amber Tamblyn, to an extent.  Then they gave us the old Morgan, Molly and Kristina.  

Now we get . . . Spencer.  I can't fathom how the powers that be could watch him play opposite Emma and not see the difference in skill.  I swear even Genie looked like she wanted to strangle the kid today.

• Love 7

I count it as part and parcel of the show's very obvious agenda to make every last audience member love Sonny no matter how hard they have to work at it and to what ridiculous extents they have to go.

That has been sent into obnoxious overdrive this year, hasn't it? He smiles at babies, he makes sure Lulu and Dante get their house (without letting them know), hard-ass Epiphany loves him, new characters like Aaron and Griffin take to him right off the bat, he saves the day in a hostage situation while the actual law-enforcement officer present just gets himself shot, he talks Morgan off the ledge (I would have found the scene much more moving if Michael had done it), Anna shares information with him and goes on missions with him, he comes to Alexis's rescue even though she betraaaayed him and was deadtohim...

It's been bad at times in the past, but I don't think they were this obsessive about it even back when Lila was being wheeled out to talk about finding him "quite charming" at the same time as he was stealing her grandson.  

• Love 14
(edited)
14 hours ago, aw86 said:

Sam and JaSam are so disgustingly self righteous  

Seriously. Jason's worse though imo. BM just has an arrogance to him that really ups the smug self-righteousness to astronomical levels.

5 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

That has been sent into obnoxious overdrive this year, hasn't it? He smiles at babies, he makes sure Lulu and Dante get their house (without letting them know), hard-ass Epiphany loves him, new characters like Aaron and Griffin take to him right off the bat, he saves the day in a hostage situation while the actual law-enforcement officer present just gets himself shot, he talks Morgan off the ledge (I would have found the scene much more moving if Michael had done it), Anna shares information with him and goes on missions with him, he comes to Alexis's rescue even though she betraaaayed him and was deadtohim...

It really is too fucking much. Like I accept that Sonny will always be this show's hero and leading man, but they've taken it too damn far.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Bill C. said:

Show: "See?  Sonny's a good guy!"

Us: "Um...yeeeeaaaah..."

This is what I meant, that if all that stuff was for the viewers to think Sonny is such a good guy, it didn't work for me. (Not that I ever think he's a good guy, but you know what I mean here.) I get how within the show he wants to be seen as a good guy, and his actions here work—somewhat. I still think it's ridiculous he claimed to have stabbed Julian, but I also think he hates the idea that Alexis got there first. Heh.

13 hours ago, Bill C. said:

depending on how incompetent the PCPD is written next week

I think they'll split the difference: the case against Julien for killing Duke will fall apart (of course), but the one against him for terrorizing Alexis will have some consequences.

12 hours ago, In2You said:

Honestly surprised they haven't just sent Molly away to school offscreen like they did Morgan and Kristina.

They sort of have: HP is recurring, and Molly is at PCU. She doesn't have a story of her own, and I think it was appropriate for her to show up yesterday.

• Love 2

I'm catching up on last week's show, finally, and I really wanted to say how pleasantly surprised I was by some of the storylines. I really enjoyed MB's acting choices as Maxie, I enjoyed the tight-smiles and hidden-teeth tension between Maxie, Nathan and CJ, and I think NG put in a terrific soapy performance. I believed the scene when Alexis is on her knees and Sonny is throwing down the gun and putting his hand on the handle; its classic story telling, and I dug it. I buy that the story is he wants to protect her from having to go through the investigation and possible trial, even if its in self-defense. They all have a history; how many times has Alexis been on trial for murdering dudes? That moment when she thanks him quietly in the hospital, that was great. I can actually watch Sonny when he's in scenes like that. 

I also like the couple shake-ups that are happening, its bringing in new energy. I just wish that the storylines could be more connected: Sam should have been there with her sisters to hug their mom. Jason facing off against the Nik-and-Ava team would have been more interesting, character development wise, but whatevs, can't have everything. 

Cheers!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, nilyank said:

Well now that Julian is injured and in the hospital, will his story interact with the GH patient killer?

Would it have killed the show to have either Lucas or Griffin to actually be the doctor on call when Julian was brought in. They actually would belong in this story unlike nameless doctor that we had today.

I know Molly was worried about her mother, but I wouldn't blamed her if she said a big fat I Told you so when Alexis finally came home.

I think that Moly may still do that!

Okay, this is completely off topic, but I had the weirdest dream last night and you are the only people who would halfway understand it!

I dreamed that I was Liz, and I was dropping Jason (!!!) off at college (???). It was the young Steve Burton Jason Morgan, and I was scheming as to what kind of care packages I was going to send him to win his heart away from Sam. Ha ha ha ha!

What did I do to deserve this?!?

• Love 8

I don't think any of the kids cast past the 90s have been skilled actors.

My favorite GH child of the current century, by far, is the Morgan who had the most significant amount of screen time, the one who was on when Dante was introduced. He was very cute, he had a sweetness about him, he knew the lines, and he worked well with Dominic Zamprogna. I really loved watching that relationship and looked forward to their scenes and, to a lesser extent, Morgan's scenes with other characters, even Sonny and Carly. That was enough; I didn't need to compare him to the greatest child actors of television and movies (many of whom, by the way, had their work elevated by the adult actors and directors around them. We now know that the Oscar-nominated kid in Kramer vs. Kramer was getting "motivated" in creepy ways by Dustin Hoffman, who would tell him upsetting things before a scene in which he was supposed to be sad, like, "All these crew members you think are your new friends? You're never going to see them or hear from them again after this movie wraps").  

Some of the others have been good enough not to bother me. I don't mind the current Jake at all, for example. I don't want him his screen time multiplied by five, but I can hang with the amount we've been getting.  

I only mind when they're either extremely bad or extremely unappealing. Dylan Cash (Michael) was the latter. He was made so prominent for about five or six years, and I don't think the show wanted us to find the character a monstrous brat who was a walking indictment of Sonny and Carly as parents. Everything that was appearing on screen suggested that, but it would have gone against the narrative they were selling so hard, that Sonny is a Good Man and Carly is braveandstrongandloveswithherwholeheartnotjustapartofit.  

• Love 4
22 hours ago, ulkis said:

Oh, Francie (and I know she'll forgive me speaking for her on this) completely agrees. She's saying Helena's dagger being cursed is probably the bullshit reason they will give him for getting out of this. In turn I'd like to be able to say her theory is ridiculous, but this is GH and we know it's possible. 

I'm laughing so hard that I just nearly choked on my pizza.   This is the shit that's going on here?  Omg.   So, like nothing has progressed in my time on the barge?  Pretty Little Liars is moving faster than GH and we don't even know who the villain is after 7 years.  WWE is moving faster and the same shit happens every week.  Lol.  I catch Pokémon faster than this show resolves plot lines.  

Tell me they didn't evil up Jax.  Is Franco dead yet?  

• Love 1
BACK TO THE BARGE. jUDGING FROM WHAT i READ, i DON'T CARE ANYMORE.6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Seriously. Jason's worse though imo. BM just has an arrogance to him that really ups the smug self-righteousness to astronomical levels.

It really is too fucking much. Like I accept that Sonny will always be this show's hero and leading man, but they've taken it too damn far.

Now they have done what they set out to do, I am on the barge. I have not watched one minute the past week, I just deleated the dvr, and how exactly will they explain ,Julian was stabbed in the back ?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, nilyank said:

Well now that Julian is injured and in the hospital, will his story interact with the GH patient killer?

It's definitely a GH classic for the doctor to realize the person being wheeled in is a loved one (or a nemesis), so that was a missed opportunity. But I will overlook it if Monday's episode has at least one of them being involved. 

47 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

My favorite GH child of the current century, by far, is the Morgan who had the most significant amount of screen time, the one who was on when Dante was introduced. He was very cute, he had a sweetness about him, he knew the lines, and he worked well with Dominic Zamprogna. I really loved watching that relationship and looked forward to their scenes and, to a lesser extent, Morgan's scenes with other characters, even Sonny and Carly. That was enough; I didn't need to compare him to the greatest child actors of television and movies (many of whom, by the way, had their work elevated by the adult actors and directors around them. We now know that the Oscar-nominated kid in Kramer vs. Kramer was getting "motivated" in creepy ways by Dustin Hoffman, who would tell him upsetting things before a scene in which he was supposed to be sad, like, "All these crew members you think are your new friends? You're never going to see them or hear from them again after this movie wraps").  

I wasn't watching as much then, but I had a sense that all of Sonny's kids spent more time together when they were in the preteen/teen era, and that their respective mothers interacted with them as a group more. 

23 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I am just throwing this out there because it IS a soap.  Is it possible that something has happened to Julian during the last six weeks?  Has he been drugged or is it the "real" Julian.  Could Helena or the new evil Cassidine have a hand in the 180 degree change in Julian?  

Knowing this show, it's entirely possible that the Julian on screen right now is Helena, somehow.  Any of the obvious issues we could bring up to point out how impossible that is can be hand-waved away with "because Helena," and explained in more detail during a commercial break.  

• Love 8

I'm catching up on last week's show, finally, and I really wanted to say how pleasantly surprised I was by some of the story lines. I really enjoyed MB's acting choices as Maxie

It's been bad at times in the past, but I don't think they were this obsessive about it even back when Lila was being wheeled out to talk about finding him "quite charming" at the same time as he was stealing her grandson.  

Sonny taking over the role of Maxie until KS returns would be quite charming to watch.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, In2You said:

I don't think any of the kids cast past the 90s have been skilled actors.  

I disagree. Brooklyn Rae Silzer, Aaron Refvem, Kali Rodriguez (and if we're counting teens) Drew Garret, and Lexi Ainsworth were all outstanding child actors at their times.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, teenj12 said:

I disagree. Brooklyn Rae Silzer, Aaron Refvem, Kali Rodriguez (and if we're counting teens) Drew Garret, and Lexi Ainsworth were all outstanding child actors at their times.

I find BRS so cringe-worthy at times. And that kiddie love storyline was the worst.  I don't remember AR actually having a storyline to judge his acting. DG and LA were average to terrible at times. There hasn't been any standout child actors on GH since JJ and AT in the 90s.

Are Lucas & Brad having an off screen honeymoon? I guess a gay honeymoon would have been to much for daytime to handle?! I totally agree that day player doctor on duty was such a waste when Jullian was wheeled in. At least, Molly & Kristina were there to rush to Alexis. That said, I didn't know Molly was so much taller that Kristina. It sort of throws off the older sister vibe to me. 

On 7/8/2016 at 9:32 PM, Bill C. said:

Alexis stabbed Julian somewhat randomly, at a point in the fight where it didn't really matter--or at least not as much as it could have--so, even though Alexis could have made some sort of self-defense case for it

I'm calling it right now: the surgeons will not be able to repair Julian's kidney, and either Sonny or Alexis will bravely donate one of theirs to Julian. Or Sonny will get one for Julian on the black market.

10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Are Lucas & Brad having an off screen honeymoon? I guess a gay honeymoon would have been to much for daytime to handle?! I totally agree that day player doctor on duty was such a waste when Jullian was wheeled in. At least, Molly & Kristina were there to rush to Alexis. That said, I didn't know Molly was so much taller that Kristina. It sort of throws off the older sister vibe to me. 

I think HP was wearing heels in that scene from what I noticed, but Molly is taller than Kristina now without heels anyway. Lexi Ainsworth has always been pretty short, much like Kelly Monaco. But I dont think it throws off the vibe much.

• Love 1
On 7/8/2016 at 10:19 PM, jsbt said:

I do think Julian began as a simple plot axis for Ron and Frank - mob character comes in to beef up story for Sonny, which was reliably rumored to be a major network concern in 2013. Ron hits on bringing back the Jeromes and the Julian connection for Duke and Anna, but because neither he nor FV consider Duke a real priority or because Ron simply lost focus, the story with Julian remains largely focused around Sonny's mob wars. (Ava was to be a very short-term character herself, maybe a week at best, until they got and fell in love with Maura West.) The Sam/Alexis angle was, reportedly, introduced because Ron wanted to finally tell the story of Sam's father, and with that loose story thread and the network request for more mob story, Ron and Frank hit on the idea of weaving two threads together by making Julian Jerome Sam's father. But all of that was ultimately incidental to his plot function for their storyline, and the character took off larger than they'd ever intended. Which is why neither of them have ever worked too hard to move Julian away from his dark origins, whether together or separate.

I think the development of the Julian/Sam and Lucas relationships was intermittent at best, and rushed from the beginning. I actually think deVry has developed a decent bond with both actors, but no, I never bought him as Sam's father and I think her swift acceptance of him and his business has always been bizarre for someone so loyal to Jason and the Corinthos organization.

I have always believed - and still do - that Sam's father is Stavros Cassadine. Alexis remembers her teenage interlude with Julian which was far more comparatively innocent than a violation by her brother, and her mind chooses to believe that Julian was her first. She's blocked out the truth.

I do agree that if anyone kills Julian it should be Alexis. This is what she's bought and sold herself and her family, she needs to put him down to begin to advance anywhere as a character beyond the pathetic wretch she's become, despite NLG, deVry, etc. actually doing some good work in what could be a really solid storyline, were there better writing - the drama and the background is all there onscreen. And I do think he will go, unless the network steps in to insist on saving Dreamy Count Rogaine. But I doubt it.

RC loves incest/rape type stories, so I was shocked that he actually did not go this route and make Stavros the baby Daddy.

23 hours ago, ByaNose said:

At least, Molly & Kristina were there to rush to Alexis. That said, I didn't know Molly was so much taller that Kristina. It sort of throws off the older sister vibe to me. 

I kind of like that they take after their respective fathers, heightwise

• Love 5
(edited)

Good on Laura for a) scolding Spencer for being a rude little shit when he was sassing off to Kevin and b) being super furious about what Nikolas did.

I didn't buy Nina and Carly being all buddy-buddy and Carly opening up to her about any of the Joss kidney stuff at all.  Wouldn't Carly loathe her for being with Franco, what she did to Avery, etc.?

Michael and Sabrina are unbelievably boring.  And, of course, there's the offer from Michael to get her job at GH back.

Hi "Theo"!  Please start murdering some of these annoying people, k thanx bye!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

And bad on Laura for not being morally outraged enough at her son for attempted murder, to turn him in. Note to Laura: when you excuse your kid's bad behavior/hide it/"protect" them, you are only giving them carte blanche to keep on being that way. So she, as far as I'm concerned, can shove any moral outrage about Nik and his lies. She helped cover up one.

• Love 5

Why did it take Laura so long to figure out Nik staged his death. I mean Spencer having a second phone and having no reaction to his "death" surely would  be huge hints. Lawd.

This whole show is nothing but a borefest. 

Hayden/Finn ZZZZZZZZ

Sabrina/Michael ZZZZZZ

Even the CI story isnt doing much. At least its some what picking up. 

• Love 5
(edited)

The only time i woke up today was when bad girl Ava started kissing TempNik and apparently squeezing his manly parts, since she drew out the bag of diamonds from near his balls and remarked on "the family jewels".

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd

Finn is much more bearable with and has more chem with Tracy than Hayden. Like honestly it's so obvious I literally don't understand why the hell they're pushing Finn/Hayden.

KEVIN! Those scenes were fine. A bit boring though.

I continue to love Nik/Ava. 

Jason SUCKS. I hope Theo kills him.

• Love 4
(edited)

Ava had a couple of good lines, especially the one about pulling Nik's family jewels out of his pants.  I also liked her reaction when she was laying on the bed and NIk told her that helena had died in that bed.  The speed at which she sashayed off of that thing made me laugh.  And I seriously covet her top.  

Carly and Nina = weird.  No way would Carly confide in Nina about JOss' kidney issue.  Plus it's still after midnight and Nina's eating a Ceasar salad.    All I kept thinking was why are all these people still up and about after midnight of Independence day.  

Michael and Sabrina:  I like both actors individually but talk about anti chemistry.  There is nothing there between them.  

I really hope Hayden is going to literally tell Tracy about Finn's condition and not figuratively tell her.  No way should Finn be treating patients when he's on death's door every five minutes.  And I want more Tracy/Finn scenes and if she knows the truth she'll be up in his grill to help him.  

Loved the Kevin/Laura/Spencer scenes.  Yes, the kid is a bit much and I wouldn't put up with that behaviour from my own kid, but he's supposed to be a ham and he was trying hard not to betray Nik and tell the truth.  I think everything was well played between all three.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 9

Carly and Nina = weird.  No way would Carly confide in Nina about JOss' kidney issue.  Plus it's still after midnight and Nina's eating a Ceasar salad.    All I kept thinking was why are all these people still up and about after midnight of Independence day.

It is the middle of the night on Cassadine Island. There should be about 7-8 hours difference between there and Port Charles, New York.

No one is Port Charles is acting like if it after midnight.

Michael and Sabrina still boring as ever with no chemistry. They should just stick to being friends.

I pray to god that Theo loses that cheesy accent soon. 

• Love 2

Finn is much more bearable with and has more chem with Tracy than Hayden

True, but JE is "old". And, I don't think she has more than a one day a week guarantee, so even if they went there, I think it'd end up being more about Finn than Tracy-well, it already kinda has been, hasn't it? And that smacks of Luke/Tracy to me-no likey. I don't see anything great about Finn/Hayden, though. I don't think RBu is enough of an actress to wake him up. JE is, though, and while  I like seeing her, I resent them trotting her out just to add energy to the NuJaSam scenes. Do they make RBu look worn out and old on purpose? Not trying to be mean, but honestly, if they wanted to do an illness story for Hayden, they wouldn't have to change her make up much.

I did enjoy the brief Tracy/Finn scene, though. Theo isn't impressing me yet. I've seen moldy cheese look more frightening.

• Love 1

Theo isn't impressing me yet. I've seen moldy cheese look more frightening.

I think that's the idea. We're supposed to think he is who he claims to be...a fisherman who's afraid of the Cassidines. Let's see what happens when his identity is discovered this time next year.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

I will say, he does look good there.

If he and

Dante interact when Dante and Lulu get to the island, I'm gonna pretend he's Lucky :p

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

We're supposed to think he is who he claims to be...a fisherman who's afraid of the Cassidines.

But we were shown a fancy tattoo on his wrist. Kind of like a gang marking in prison.

The pacing of this show is so aggro. Julian was stabbed in such a frenzy and is vulnerable in the hospital now but we have had no updates about his condition or chances of survival. Yet scenes in the hospital were shown.

So now that Sabrina has her well baby back, as well as a free place to live and free child care, she's dreaming of dumping him on Alice and Tracy so she can be Florence Nightingale again?

• Love 1

We're supposed to think he is who he claims to be...a fisherman who's afraid of the Cassidines.

But we were shown a fancy tattoo on his wrist. Kind of like a gang marking in prison.

I hate that Tyler's real life tattoos made it acceptable for Cassadine to have any ink on them. It is the most un-Cassadine thng ever next to Nikolas flying commerical.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Jason SUCKS. I hope Theo kills him.

He and Sam are insufferable.  "They're fugitives and we're bringing them back to the United States."  So says the con woman and her hitman husband.  And Sam got over any concern for her mother quickly (again) and plans on cozying up with a little light family reading.  Meanwhile, back in PC, Danny is calling Alice "mommy...:"

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, ciarra said:

It could be worse.  FinnNina.

I see friend-friend with Finn/Hayden. I wasn't even thinking anything sexual. They're more like older brother/youngest sister. Maybe, my sexual tension radar is off. LOL!! I can't stand Michelle Stafford's stupid mugging & weird faces. Can't she just act? On Y&R she was jazzy hands & repeating her lines twice. Now, it's that stupid cutesy baby doll mugging. That said, her blonde straight looks good on her. See! I can be nice when I want to be. LOL!!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I will say, he does look good there.

If he and

Hide contents

Dante interact when Dante and Lulu get to the island, I'm gonna pretend he's Lucky :p

Still fighting that fight, I see! ;)

39 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Meanwhile, back in PC, Danny is calling Alice "mommy...:"

Unfortunately, especially under Frank, this show only cares about small kids when they want to prop sidepieces or new love interests or keep love triangles alive. I honestly consider it to be a sad choice by the show to not allow parents to bond with their own kids. It's even crazier in Danny's case when you realize how many times he's been recast, that he JUST called Sam "mom" like,  two months ago, and hasn't bonded with Jason at all. 

• Love 4
Just now, HeatLifer said:

I honestly consider it to be a sad choice by the show to not allow parents to bond with their own kids.

Unless you're Franco and Jake, of course. Or as Nina would say it, UNLESS YOU'RE FRAN.CO. AND JAKE!!!!!!

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Unless you're Franco and Jake, of course. Or as Nina would say it, UNLESS YOU'RE FRAN.CO. AND JAKE!!!!!!

I wonder what Ron would think of Jake being used for Franco instead of Jason, which is what he intended. 

• Love 1