Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I just can't, with Nik and Hayden. I wonder how much that guy in the jester costume got paid. But I liked Laura and Tracy having a scene about something real. A nice change from facing off over not-worth-it Luke. I liked the N&H digs - JE is always awesome with such lines.  Both actresses look great, too.

What is saving the Show for me right now are the beauties JE and GF stories, and the pretty clothes they wear. Both ladies showing brains and full emotions without having to cater to be-whiskered Q-tip Luke. Their stories are lame--don't get me wrong, this is indeed GH--but I appreciate seeing them front and center getting to strut their stuff.

Franco pulling his pants up after "whatever," with Nina grinning on the couch was shocking but probably not untypical. I'm nodding to see more variety depicted in the foreplay that occurs these days, especially among the younger couples. Their baby rabies talk went even further over the line, if that's possible, although I will say that Franco's reaction to baby rabies is more typical than Dante's, IMO.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 3

You guys make good cases for it being possible he's 'troubled' and had a tumor, but then the 'the tumor made him do it and now he's a good man!' redemption arc doesn't really work.

Considering Ron almost had Franco say that he did have Michael raped on purpose (during the faux wedding), I think even Ron realized that the 'redemption' attempts (with magic DVDs, the tumor, and Carly's love) were a failure.

• Love 3

Franco pulling his pants up after "whatever," with Nina grinning on the couch was shocking but probably not untypical. I'm nodding to see more variety depicted in the foreplay that occurs these days, especially among the younger couples. Their baby rabies talk went even further over the line, if that's possible, although I will say that Franco's reaction to baby rabies is more typical than Dante's, IMO.

Except foreplay shouldn't even be an option for these two lunatics - the two not being locked away in a mental hospital is appalling. I feel like what I could stand to watch of their scenes should be some separate show called "Asylum TV." Differences in reactions to the idea of one's significant talking babies.  Um, Dante's wife never faked disability, forced a woman into labor, left the woman bleeding on a floor and went on the run with the newborn, claiming it as her own and after getting caught and the baby taken away, decided to start afresh in a new relationship with the whole "let's get/make a baby" idea. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 9

I can't be the only one in mortal fear that we're going to have all kinds of "someone pass the brain/eye bleach" level of "wacky hi-jinx" as Nina tries to have a baby with Franco?  I'm already terrified we might have scenes of her trying to find a way to get her hands on some of his swimmers.  

• Love 7

I turned the channel when Ava didn't punch that flat-faced daughter of hers right in the throat.  HE doesn't play Kiki quite as smug as Kate Mansi plays Abigail on DOOL, but it's damn close.  I really wish they'd just kill her off.  The last thing GH needs is another cheerleader for the reprehensible and hypocritical Sonny and Carly.  I hate this show.

• Love 14

I can't be the only one in mortal fear that we're going to have all kinds of "someone pass the brain/eye bleach" level of "wacky hi-jinx" as Nina tries to have a baby with Franco?  I'm already terrified we might have scenes of her trying to find a way to get her hands on some of his swimmers.

She'll just drug him like she did Silas.

• Love 2

but then the 'the tumor made him do it and now he's a good man!' redemption arc doesn't really work.

That's because he's not a good man.  Show is trying to tell us that he is, what with all the hand wringing concern over Jake, but I ain't buying what they're selling.  The character of Franco should NEVER have been resurrected and trying to make him normal isn't working.  I feel badly for RoHo really.  

She'll just drug him like she did Silas.

Well, it has been at least two months since the last drugging storyline, so we're due.  

HE doesn't play Kiki quite as smug

And she's all over the place in her portrayal.  Yesterday, she's concerned daughter being nice to Ava.  The she's all smug and shocked, SHOCKED I tells ya, that Ava's pissed that she brought the baby to Sonny.  Show wants me to be in Kiki's corner, and anti evul Ava, that all babies need their father, but I don't beleive that when dad is Sonny Corinthos.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 10

Seriously, why are Nina and Franco talking about a baby?  They've been together, what, six months max?  And they've been (ew!) boning for one month.  They're both starting (ridiculous) new careers.  It's just so stupid.  And the last thing this show needs is more babies.

• Love 8

Next thing we know, Sam will be Nikolas' fucking best man at his wedding since everything else is being glossed over, why not Nikolas' part in it too. 

In case it has escaped your notice, Nikolas' part in this has already been glossed over. 

• Love 3

I actually liked that Franco & Nina talked about how they really felt about having kids. Sort of unusual in daytime. That said, Michelle Stafford drives me nuts when she acts all crazy like & laughing when she's an inch away from everyone (mostly Roger Howarth) face. Talk about close talker. It was refreshing to see Genie Francis & Jane Elliot talk like mature woman and not have involve Luke. Although, it was all about Nicholas & Hayden. 2 steps forward......1 step back. I was also glad to see Scotty visiting Laura. I wasn't even sure he knew she was in town the first time last year. I was kind of surprised the show didn't pick up with yesterday's cliffhanger with Sam in the basement & a possible gas tank exploding. Apparently, tomorrow they do.

• Love 1

In case it has escaped your notice, Nikolas' part in this has already been glossed over. 

Which is just par for the course with this character. He was a total asshole to Emily after she was raped-her not "getting over it already" so naturally it was totes okay for him to have an affair with SWSNBN.  Then his part in his affair with Liz was also glossed over.  As if Liz forced him to fuck her against his will.  Sadly, the only comeuppance he got was in Lucky's fantasy of shooting him dead.  So following pattern, his part in keeping Jason's true identity a secret was something Liz forced him into. Just as Hayden knowing who Jason was, left him no choice except to put a hit out on her.  Nothing is ever his fault.

• Love 10

I'm fed up, just FED UP, I tell you, over Franco pulling on his chin hairs and expressing deep worry and caring over the coloring books of one of his "art therapy patients" (NDJake). Franco doesn't have any psychology or therapy training, of course, to back up his statements. And even when he claims that he sees his former disturbed self somehow in the art, that is a bunch of hooey. It isn't true that if a famous artist produces a disturbing piece of art that the artist automatically has psychological problems, rage, serial killer tendencies, etc. In fact, that is an old discredited academic theory nicknamed "the artist's wound".

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

BTW! Is Nicholas Bretchel still on GH? I can't remember the last time I saw him and thought he would have been in the wedding storyline.

He's on a new Disney show called Stuck in the Middle

Yesterday's episode featured two murderers fighting over custody of a baby, another murderer talking about creating a kid with a woman who ripped a child out of a mother's womb and a vegas wedding between a fraudster and an attempted murderer.  It also featured the romance of the adult kids of the the two murderers who are so inured to the violence in their environments, that their emotional maturity barely supplants that of gnats. 

I want my soap opera back.

• Love 14

Franco.  Ugh!   Never going to happen for me. Maybe it's time to start calling him Fetch. 

Start calling him fetch? I've been literally calling him that for years!

Witness Exhibit A, from April 17, 2015:

Whoever runs Frank's twitter account tweeted this:

@valentinifrank Franco gets a big surprise!! @GeneralHospital #RogerHowarth #GH

and it's taking all my self restraint to not tweet back:  Quit trying to make fetch happen!

Exhibit B, from October, 2014:

Everything I hear about this "hallowedding" (quit trying to make fetch, errrr hallowedding, happen, Ron), just reinforces, yet again, that this show has nothing to do with trying to engage or entertain women. Look who gets the comeuppance -- serial killing and sexual assaulting Franco.  And I think we're supposed to actually be cheering for him.

And finally Exhibit C, from last October:

Nothing good will come of this. Franco, Nina, and Kiki are truly fetch. You will not turn the audience around. You will not win us over. There is no light for us to see. They are an iceberg, and you are the ship dead set on steering toward it.
  • Love 5

They'd better show us this reading of Helena's will because that sounds like it might be a hoot.

*45 minutes of handful of people they can afford that day talking about the reading of the will*

*Executor walks in with will*

"Ladies, and gentlemen, let us begin...."

*cut to long commercial break*

"'...signed, Helena Cassadine', And as part of the stipulation of the will, you all must never mention the contents to anyone ever again, even to one another."

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 12

I hate this show.

Best t-shirt idea yet!

Yesterday's episode featured two murderers fighting over custody of a baby, another murderer talking about creating a kid with a woman who ripped a child out of a mother's womb and a vegas wedding between a fraudster and an attempted murderer.  It also featured the romance of the adult kids of the the two murderers who are so inured to the violence in their environments, that their emotional maturity barely supplants that of gnats.

Sigh. It's so sad. So very sad.

• Love 2

I've been trying to save up my Sonny like for a few days. He is adorable with Avery. I also enjoy he and Carly together. She doesn't seem as hysterical around him, more reasonable. I liked how calm Sonny was about Ava and her rants against him. I love how he is biding his time letting her shoot her own fool self in the foot.

Why can't Ava DIAF instead of Sam?

I also like Morgan and Kiki and this story about Morgan's bipolar. I thought they were cute on their "date".

I have some love for Nik and I like the Hayden character in theory, but this "relationship" is just NO....Nik and prenup was painful. the man is prince in his 40s I'm sure he's had someone sign a prenup before. The wedding was lame. ick

Scotty telling Ava to check herself was funny. I kind of think Scotty feels forced to help these "lowlifes" b/c he isn't DA anymore and that is part of the awkward way he held Avery. Like I don't have time for these jokers and their "problems".

• Love 3

I haven't caught up, but I've watched the last two shows. Avery is adorable with Ava, her "mama" and "purple" made my ovaries hurt. I see the green dress made a comeback. Still looks fabulous on Maura, it really compliments her coloring. I'm glad she put an end to the whatever icky thing with Paul. If I were writing this show, (well, I'd make many changes), but Ava and Scott could really work if written properly. Damn this stupid show to hell.

My lord, poor KeMo. That was flat out embarrassing. So much awkwardness and UCG. I love Sam, but this entire thing is stupid. And as was said upthread, how could you not have any follow up the following day? 

Sorry to see that Jake didn't die again, for real this time.

Nina and Franco are nauseating. I'd almost rather see Carly with him. At least she wasn't a simpering, baby-crazed lunatic. She deserves to be unhappy, so I'd rather make her absolutely miserable since she's so deliriously happy with Sonny. All four of them need to DIAF.

The Nik/Hayden stuff, just wow. Why did they do that ridiculous farce of a wedding? Couldn't they just do it in PC at the Justice of the Peace? Goofy cornball doesn't really suit Nik at all. You could tell that Hayden was moved that he wrote his own vows, but this shouldn't be happening to begin with. I'm still not even clear on how the plot to take him down for Tracy even works since she signed the pre-nup.

Still need to catch up on the rest, even though I know I'm only putting myself through torture. Watching this show is torture. <---------------- t-shirt.

I turned the channel when Ava didn't punch that flat-faced daughter of hers right in the throat.  HE doesn't play Kiki quite as smug as Kate Mansi plays Abigail on DOOL, but it's damn close.  I really wish they'd just kill her off.  The last thing GH needs is another cheerleader for the reprehensible and hypocritical Sonny and Carly.  I hate this show.

I hate Kiki. I just really do. If they want her to not have a relationship with Ava, fine. If they want her to be mad at Ava, fine. But don't act like she gives a damn about Ava at all. Her snot ass remarks as if she's the only person in the universe pissed me off. And sporting bitchface at the same time. Listen, honey. BH may give inappropriate bitchface, but she is in fact the Queen of Bitchface. You are a sorry, poor imitation and an absolute wreck of a character that needs to vanish immediately from my screen. Avery needs her father? The same father that tried to kill your mother? Fuck off, you moronic trainwreck. Hope Morgan gives you crabs. And then you both die in a hideous crane accident.

BTW! Is Nicholas Bretchel still on GH? I can't remember the last time I saw him and thought he would have been in the wedding storyline.

He's playing Rob Kardashian as a child in the OJ miniseries. I think that's his name. I am pretty far removed from all things Kardashian.

• Love 8
Avery needs her father? The same father that tried to kill your mother?

If only Ava brought this up every time Lauren blathers on about fathers. I'm sure it wouldn't make any difference to Lauren, because She Didn't Have a Father Growing Up, but at least throw the audience a sop.

• Love 8

I get that, but Scotty should always be 100% against Sonny no matter what and on the side of any and every person who's trying to stick it to Sonny. And for me having him say that is just more of their ridiculous need to have every single fucking person praise/prop/deify Sonny. I can't fucking take it anymore!

Yes! Scotty should NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER show one iota of empathy or concern. Especially over kids. Scotty should have only hate concerning Sonny. Yeah, Kiki dumping Avery on Scummy can't really be used against him. Only against Kiki ever seeing Avery during while Avery is in Ava's custody. Kiki violated Ava's well known instructions (supported by the court) about Sonny only seeing Avery under supervision. But for Scott to talk about giving Sonny ANY FUCKING THING is bullshit!

• Love 7

I haven't caught up, but I've watched the last two shows. Avery is adorable with Ava, her "mama" and "purple" made my ovaries hurt. I see the green dress made a comeback. Still looks fabulous on Maura, it really compliments her coloring. I'm glad she put an end to the whatever icky thing with Paul. If I were writing this show, (well, I'd make many changes), but Ava and Scott could really work if written

Damn. Hadn't really thought about Scott/Ava. It could work. How fucking nuts would it drive Sonny? Scotty getting to raise Scummy's daughter? Bwahahahaha!
  • Love 4

I mean, fair enough that Valerie's not ready to accept Lulu's apology for nearly getting her killed, at least not yet.  But her "family or no family, I cannot forgive you" spiel while perched up on a high horse made me roll my eyes because, hey bitch, when exactly did you apologize for fucking your cousin's husband?

I cannot with Morgan and Kiki.  Or Nikolas and Rebecca Budig.  Both these couples make me sick.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

I really hate these writers sometimes. Those Jason and Cam scenes, should have been Liz and Cam scenes. Liz is the one that went through losing Jake with Cam, not Jason. 

Also, fuck Jason. Jake is none of Sam's business. She doesn't need to know what's going on with him.

• Love 9

I really hate these writers sometimes. Those Jason and Cam scenes, should have been Liz and Cam scenes. Liz is the one that went through losing Jake with Cam, not Jason.

Hey, something we agree on!  Come give us a hug!

• Love 3

What Lulu did didn't happen in a vacuum, Valerie, it was a reaction to you sleeping with her husband that got out of hand. So why does Valerie get to be the one to haughtily refuse to accept Lulu's apology? Why is Lulu even apologizing in the first place? Valerie never apologized for sleeping with Dante.

• Love 14

Hey, something we agree on!  Come give us a hug!

Haha! GH is probably the one show, that can make all fans agree on one thing or another at some point. Especially when it comes to how awful the writing is.

• Love 4

I think Ava/Scott is one of the few/only things that might make me care about Ava

In other news, Why is Valerie such a fucking asshole?

I know I said in the past that the characteristics of family shouldn't as much bearing on individual characters, especially if they had little interaction with their biological families, but since, technically Valerie was raised by a Spencer (her mom died, don't you know) I am going to say the short answer is:

Because she is a Spencer.

I think Ava/Scott is one of the few/only things that might make me care about Ava

In other news, Why is Valerie such a fucking asshole?

At this point, I do think the writers are back to wanting us to not like Valerie . . . or at least, wanting to feel bad for Lulu. In real life, Valerie would be in the right, totally . . . but she's so smug and annoying over her fictional ass almost being fictionally killed and also making up crap about how she apologized over and over . . . it's a recipe for obnoxiousness.

• Love 9

I'm a little bit glad I watched today for the Cam-Liz sweetness, Cam finally getting a chance to address the brother history regarding Jake, and Elizabeth having a genuinely honest moment with Jason/admitting that her deception hurt her kids too and served as the catalyst for this moment. I actually liked her again today-bravo BH. 

The Sam stuff...just ridiculous.

That was one seriously awkward-looking love scene for N&H. If that red lighting was intended to shade Nikolas as evil, TPTB succeeded. So very gross that he's in bed with a woman he tried to have killed. 

I can hardly tolerate Maxie, so it really says something that I wanted her to be close enough to hear the conversation, march up to Val and punch her in the face hard enough to knock her onto the pool table when Val was an uber-bitch in rejecting Lulu's apology.  Also, Curtis is eye-roll worthy and Dante's balls must be in a jar somewhere. 

ETA: I'd forgotten all about Lucas (I know, so did the writers) but then he appeared to address Jake's condition. So with this storyline in the last couple days, we've gotten to see all *2* doctors in General Hospital - Grandma Monica and (cousin via Lucky's Aunt Bobbie) Lucas. I'd forgotten that this kid is related to pretty much everyone. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 9