Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Hee on Sonny being a "Far Side" kind of guy. "'Hi and Lois'? 'Andy Capp'? Sure. But not talking cows." 

I'm looking forward to Sonny and Ava getting married if only because they hate each other so much. May they torture each other to death.

Carly and Franco are so boring.

• Love 4

I hate to agree with Sigh-less, but he is right, no doctor should operate on a patient they have an emotional connection to.  Monica should not have ethically operated on her husband and Patrick has issues with Rafe.

• Love 2

IIRC Delia was rough around the edges but smart. She certainly wasn't anything like Roxie! And all I'm seeing right now is Roxie. She can leave anytime and I won't miss her.

• Love 1
I'm looking forward to Sonny and Ava getting married if only because they hate each other so much. May they torture each other to death.

Then he'll have finally created a family connection he hasn't yet, if the child ends up being Morgan's. He'll be his own grandchild's step-father, and Dante and Michael would be both the kid's uncles and step-brothers, and Morgan would be the biggest winner of all, being the father and a step-brother. Not to mention if things pick up with Kiki and Michael and they marry she'd be a half-sister, a auntie-in-law and a sister-in-law.

I don't think I can put into words how all of that terrifies me.

• Love 2

Then he'll have finally created a family connection he hasn't yet, if the child ends up being Morgan's. He'll be his own grandchild's step-father, and Dante and Michael would be both the kid's uncles and step-brothers, and Morgan would be the biggest winner of all, being the father and a step-brother. Not to mention if things pick up with Kiki and Michael and they marry she'd be a half-sister, a auntie-in-law and a sister-in-law.

This would make a great country and western song all it needs is the dueling banjos.

• Love 3

IIRC Delia was rough around the edges but smart. She certainly wasn't anything like Roxie! And all I'm seeing right now is Roxie. She can leave anytime and I won't miss her.

The good news is, I think she is, at least for a good long while.

This would make a great country and western song all it needs is the dueling banjos.

Yeah, it does.  But my head hurts from all the contortions of family members that would go into it.

(edited)
This would make a great country and western song all it needs is the dueling banjos.

As long as Carrrlos can do an interpretive dance to it, I am all for it.

So Franco is going to work at the hospital, meaning instead of people going to a certified psychologist like Kevin, they get to finger paint with "the tumor made me do it" serial killer, because that just makes bucket loads of sense. Yet Monica is still...

Before you know it he'll be scrubbing in to perform brain surgery just because he's been through his own and thinks he can do a good job if just given the chance.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 6

I don't think I can put into words how all of that terrifies me.

I'm confused and scared.

• Love 3

Okay I just can't with Patrick. I want to chuck him down an elevator shaft. What kind of freakin' doctor is he that about 10 people have to remind him to have a pinkie finger's worth of compassion. When freakin' Silas is having to draw in crayon to get him to remember why a doctor is a doctor.... ugh where is that vodka, mama's gonna need a cocktail!

Just minutes before he was on the verge of some small desire for Rafe to live b/c he could see in his eyes he had something to say then woosh he hears Silas say TBI and out the window it goes. I will say I loved Silas for once with his stone cold "if he dies my wrath will be great".

• Love 3

Freakco & Carly's conversation made no sense.  It's as if two different writers wrote each other character's lines, and then they taped Roger and Laura separately and edited them in together.  

Anyway, I googled JT's fiancee Paloma Jones, and it's pretty obvious why he put on a ring on it.  

And uh, nice to see Monica two days in a row.  

(edited)

Catching up from the last two days and the former EMT in me was yelling at the screen on Monday's episode. Why? Because you would never, ever move two unconscious people from the scene of a major car accident on just a stretcher with the head part up. They are back boarded, head blocked and c-collared to avoid aggravating a possible spinal injury. Sorry, this kind of thing really bugs me.

Anyone else noticed that they darkened Nina's hair to a shade that matches Kiki's? I'm just saying...

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 3

I look forward to Carlos's storyline resuming without interruption at the end of August.

Apparently that's RC's new way of putting someone on the back burner without having to come up with a logical explanation as to what they were doing in between story beats.  Hey, they were cooling their heels in the hoosgaw all this time, nothing to see here, move along, move along...

Dear show, in a car accident with a newer vehicle, there would be blown airbags. I didn't see any, but maybe it was a GM car, which is why they didn't work.

Exactly.

I'm sorry, but that JT engagement photo silhouette makes it look like the fiancee is naked.

Maybe she was?

There really are not enough words to say how much I despise Sonny Corinthos. I want to turn into a serial killer so that I can hack him up to death. I literally want him cut up into little tiny pieces and fed to a hungry animal, although that's animal cruelty, which I do not condone.

#FREEAVA

• Love 3

Y'all, I would be SO OVER THE MOON if this Nina arc turns out to be about Kiki and how Kiki is really her daughter.  Just think of the consolidated fast-forwarding possibilities!  And no reason for Sam to be involved!  Win-win! 

Don't hate me, but I'm enjoying this Rafe story.  1) It's taking place at the hospital.  2) It involves mostly either characters I already like (Sam, Alexis, TJ, Molly, Patrick) or characters I could like if their stories weren't so awful (Silas), and best of all 3) it's killing off (it seems) the only two characters involved who I firmly dislike (Rafe, Shamwow).  I'm a fan!

Still not watching:  Sony/Ava/whatshername, Carly/Franco.

Ugh re: every character today except for Molly, Sam, Alexis, TJ, Dante, Michael and Monica. With the way Morgan was speaking/reacting, you'd think he's the brother w/brain damage.

Hey, hey, hey as someone with brain damage, I object to that statement. In fact, the entire  Brain Injury Association would object being linked to this shit show. Please figure out a better way to say dumb. We aren't.

• Love 2

Robin and Carrrrrlos, the interpretive dance foreplay would be something else.

Can the chupacabra eat Franco already? Wtf. The hospital has Kevin and what nimrod would think a serial killer would make a good therapist? Franco is no Hannibal.

• Love 1
There are so many "stupid delusional motherfuckers" on this show . . . Which one are you referring to?

I'll put my money on the greasiest one.

Ava wore out her welcome for me ages ago, but I can't help but wonder why the hell she didn't just call up Julian. I mean really, she has evidence that could take Sonny down at his knobby little knees, not only imploding his relationship with "Mikey" and the rest, but also pinning an innocent man's murder on him. But yet she instead leans on her half, and I'm being generous saying that, competent mother to help bail her out.

Even though they haven't exactly been the closest siblings for a while, what with the attempted murdering of each other and all, she knows Sonny is dead set on killing her anyway so why not take a chance and see if blood can still prove thicker than gin.

It's bad enough she was so stupid as to put Carrrlos away, but to forgo appealing to Julian's love for her, and I do think there must be some there or else he'd have killed her years go, huge mistake on her part.

• Love 5
(edited)

cmahorror, I also noticed the similar hair color on Nina and Kiki. They even sort of look like they could be mother and daughter.

You're right.  They both resemble the Bride of Chucky.  DEFINITE family resemblance.

Show is sucking like a raging cesspool.  BAWD EENUF TO SEE FRAU HITLER playing Chief of Staff for laughs, just as hard watching Michael Easton try to act as if he's awake, or Jason T. trying to act like he gives a shit, but then we're treated to Shawn and whateverhernameis running - literally - into each other at the park.  Why the collision didn't cause an immediate explosion is a mystery to me, considering the impact of that much steroid and that amount of silicone smashing together.  At least we know that no brain cells were harmed - because there are none.

And, I guess, played for laughs, we got see the very labored and (to me) very unfunny Dullivia matching wits with Roxy (she IS NOT Delia).  The only way I'l ever enjoy Olivia in a scene is if, in that scene, she's baked alive in a giant pot of sauce.  Head first.  Mouth open.

I almost forgot about the horror of Carly and Franco.  And then I remembered......

As for Alice's heart?  The show has none, why should she?

Edited by stacey
Inappropriate nickname
  • Love 2

When freakin' Silas is having to draw in crayon to get him to remember why a doctor is a doctor..

I could buy it, if Silas entrance hadn't been, "Hey, your kid has cancer......deuces".

That was some of the shittiest(?) writing & acting ever.

Sorry but I would kill for VA/Jordan's body. Preferable Levi, Sonny, Kaka, Sabrina or Felix. I got the girls, but to have the height (I'm only 5'2") & to be as tone ( 5-10 lbs really shows on those vertically challenged). Hell, i'd off them all.

• Love 4

Of course Molly blanks out the important part on Rafe being hired to take out Patrick's car. More drama this way. I was really hoping she would be in a coma just to see Ric visit her .

I just love Morgan's concern for Alice.

Ff the Carly/Franco nonsense. Felt like that shouldn't have been in this episode because it felt out of place. And I am one of the few that doesn't mind them.

Doctors follow the Hippocratic oath you moronic, egotistical ass. Even if Rafe is responsible for the accident, Patrick is a freaking neurosurgeon who should be saving people, not wanting them dead.

• Love 2

Ugh. This all is reminicent of the Race to Save the Borg. Now we are trying to save the Bieber Vampire Neglected Angel Kid concieved by magic candles.

I've realized how much I dislike Patrick, which sucks. You think I would love a selfish douche surgeon. But no. I can't. ME showing up and doing stuff is making me happier. And I rather like this story, but I tell myself that Pat is speaking out of guilt and for his hotter brother. And shut up Patrick. You never cared so you owe the Towel Baby an apology too.

What is this Carrrlos interpretive dance?

• Love 3
(edited)

If Patprick is going to tank the surgery on Rafe, I guess Shamwow means more to him than Robin ever did because he did good work on the Borg.

Edited by Lillybee
(edited)

This would make a great country and western song all it needs is the dueling banjos.

She was my mother's brother's

Sister's lover's daughter's mother

Her daughter was my significant other

Til she hooked up with my brother

And now she's having a baby for me or dad.

Edited by PJamma
  • Love 8

For a minute there, I was really excited about Ava and her mom getting the USB drive and ending this ridiculous hostage situation.  Should have known that Sonny would win out again, with an assist from Stupid Fucking Olivia.  (Pardon my language, but Olivia brings out the worst in me.)  I cannot stand this whole Sonny/ Ava storyline.  "You lost phone privileges"????  Sonny, she is an adult.  Bad enough you've locked her in your house under guard, and have promised to kill her as soon as the baby is born; you don't get to ground her as well.  I hate this whole story so much, and I can't figure out what the writers are trying to accomplish with it.  To me, it's just proving that Sonny is an abusive narcissist, and I can't imagine that is their intention.

I don't care about Rafe or whether Patrick kills or saves him.  Not at all.  I only mildly care about Alice, and that's only because she's been around for so long and I like having long-term characters on the show.  The show has not shown me that any of the characters care about Rafe, and so watching people mourn his death (seems inevitable - I'm unspoiled) will not have any emotional impact.  Or even be interesting.  

• Love 1
(edited)

That whole collision of Jordan and Sonny's button man in the dark park was annoying. They are both quite pretty people. But their personalities! The snarling! The growling! The threatening! Very!Very! Unpleasant!

I pulled some of my feathers over my little beaky face like a fan and peeked through them to watch what happened...would we have violent, passionate park bench sex in the semi-public dark? I got vibes of Ava and Sonny "hate sex"---the two are attracted but have no vulnerability that love needs.

I don't remember how it ended; I think it was a standoff, kind of like a evenly matched cobra and mongoose.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

I didn't see that much of RH, but I saw enough to be annoyed that she's basically just a vehicle for Roxy.

And, naturally, Ron got all pissy over people saying on Twitter that this is more Roxy than Delia.  "You haven't seen Delia in 25 years, and you think you know how she'd act?"  Well, yeah, and we HAVE seen Roxy more recently, and we do know that this is how she'd act, so... 

I remain amazed that no one at ABC has put the kibosh on Ron's Twitter account.  It's an embarrassment. 

• Love 3
She was my mother's brother's
Sister's lover's daughter's mother

Her daughter was my significant other
Til she hooked up with my brother

And now she's having a baby for me or dad.

Cue "I'm my own grandfather" here...

• Love 1
(edited)

I just have to reiterate this: It is utterly ri-goddamn-diculous that like six months after his wife has returned from the dead, Patrick is ready for a divorce because Robin didn't turn up for the death of his illegitimate child. It's not like she fucked someone else after he did, either - she was shanghai'ed out of town. Again. Give me a break, Ron. Jason Thompson must be miserable. At least he's got the Sam thing.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 11

I just have to reiterate this: It is utterly ri-goddamn-diculous that like six months after his wife has returned from the dead, Patrick is ready for a divorce because Robin didn't turn up for the death of his illegitimate child. It's not like she fucked someone else after he did, either - she was shanghai'ed out of town. Again. Give me a break, Ron. Jason Thompson must be miserable. At least he's got the Sam thing.

I would agree with you if things hadn't been shaky when Robin left.  I don't see him as ready to divorce her because she didn't come back for Gabriel.  I see him as ready to divorce her because she ran off on a mission he didn't understand or believe in and left him and Emma alone just after she'd gotten back, and now he's in pain and missing her and going through a hard time, and she's not around to support him because she's off doing something he doesn't agree with or believe in.  I know he said he'd wait for her, but I always saw that agreement as not totally sincere--he was always frustrated and angry about the situation and told her he'd wait because in the moment he couldn't bring himself to tell her it was over.  And maybe he was hoping it wouldn't be that bad or that she'd be back soon.  I see his frustration with her for not being there now as a manifestation of his general frustration that she went in the first place, not as something that's coming up out of the blue because the baby died.  

• Love 5
(edited)

I would agree with you if things hadn't been shaky when Robin left.  I don't see him as ready to divorce her because she didn't come back for Gabriel.  I see him as ready to divorce her because she ran off on a mission he didn't understand or believe in and left him and Emma alone just after she'd gotten back, and now he's in pain and missing her and going through a hard time, and she's not around to support him because she's off doing something he doesn't agree with or believe in.  I know he said he'd wait for her, but I always saw that agreement as not totally sincere--he was always frustrated and angry about the situation and told her he'd wait because in the moment he couldn't bring himself to tell her it was over.  And maybe he was hoping it wouldn't be that bad or that she'd be back soon.  I see his frustration with her for not being there now as a manifestation of his general frustration that she went in the first place, not as something that's coming up out of the blue because the baby died.  

They were not that shaky, AFAIC. And I think as presented, too much of this has been about "how could you not come back for Gabriel, Offscreen Robin? That's the straw that breaks the camel's back!" I just think that's horseshit.

I can buy the marriage being strained, but not Patrick on the verge of divorce.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
So Franco is going to work at the hospital, meaning instead of people

Patients that aren't regular cast members at GH?  It looks like the the hospital set has been expanded. 

Note to self:  Don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed.

Patients that aren't regular cast members at GH?

God knows what the morons in charge have planned. Maybe they'll team Nina up with Franco, or perhaps this will be a way for him to "connect" with Josslynn. Might he end up being a shoulder for Morgan or Michael to cry on? Could he help reunite Olivia with Sonny so he'll stay away from Carly? The possibilities are endless...amd by endless I mean unwatchable.

• Love 1

I tell myself that Pat is speaking out of guilt and for his hotter brother.

In no way, shape or form do I think Matt is hotter than Patrick. And I don't even think JT is all that. But JC looks like an ugly elf.

• Love 2

I'll put my money on the greasiest one.

Ava wore out her welcome for me ages ago, but I can't help but wonder why the hell she didn't just call up Julian. I mean really, she has evidence that could take Sonny down at his knobby little knees, not only imploding his relationship with "Mikey" and the rest, but also pinning an innocent man's murder on him. But yet she instead leans on her half, and I'm being generous saying that, competent mother to help bail her out.

Even though they haven't exactly been the closest siblings for a while, what with the attempted murdering of each other and all, she knows Sonny is dead set on killing her anyway so why not take a chance and see if blood can still prove thicker than gin.

It's bad enough she was so stupid as to put Carrrlos away, but to forgo appealing to Julian's love for her, and I do think there must be some there or else he'd have killed her years go, huge mistake on her part.

I blame Crypt Sex. Sonny ruins everything. Every woman who screws him loses like 400 IQ points.

• Love 2
(edited)
I could buy it, if Silas entrance hadn't been, "Hey, your kid has cancer......deuces".

That was some of the shittiest(?) writing & acting ever.

Totally agree. Ron can't write a story that naturally progresses, so he has to resort to major character 180s to get characters from point A to point B.

Silas is a Rainman when it comes to social skills. But wait, the writers are ready to have Silas and Sam fuck. Voila, Silas now has dry humor! No explanation for the personality change,  the first one's just gone, like plastic, disposable silverware. Or a Quartermaine.

Brad is a sexual predator who gets off on blackmailing straight men into sex. But we want a viable same sex triangle and we're ready for Brad and Lucas to fuck. Voila, Brad's just a boy standing in front of a boy wanting to be loved, y'all.

Sabrina is an ugly Betty waif who can't even speak in front of her from afar crush. But we're ready for Patrick and Sabrina to fuck.  Voila, she's a fiery Latina who's had LOTS and LOTS of sex. Complete with a 35-year old ex-boyfriend.

I'm with Mallory on Serial Drama. The present state of the show isn't even worth the effort of snarking at anymore. Everyone's so heartless and soulless that it's like GH is caught up in the zombie craze, and we don't even know it. The characters don't even know. It's the Sixth Sense, Zombie style.

Which makes Alice needing a heart nearly ironic. Just get off of that table and join the club, Alice! No one needs a heart in Ron's Port Charles.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 7
(edited)

I find Jordan and Olivia to be my favorite females on the show. They both seem fairly smart and very beautiful. So of course Ron has to make them maddly in love with two of the most ignorant neanderthals on the show. sigh

I wish instead of using her brain to help Sonny Olivia would knee him in the balls. I wish after saying what a pathetic hypocrite Shawn is Jordan would have slapped his face. But nooooo they both want the most pathetic losers on the show......where IS that vodka. Mama REALLY needs a drink now.

Why can't Nik be faught over by Olivia and Jordan? Now that is a triangle I'm down with. MEOW!

Edited by Cattitude

There are so many "stupid delusional motherfuckers" on this show . . . Which one are you referring to?

Sorry. Sonny. But I wouldn't mind if that wannabe Fabio looking tool bag got snuffed by Octy.
  • Love 5

Sonny was attractive many many years ago. Then Karen Wexler happened and he's only gotten worse. You cannot ground a grown woman, you Orange Glow Dumb Ass.

Come on, Ava, you have nothing to lose. Just take a weapon and go on a killing spree and throw yourself off the parapet. Make sure you tell Dr O you hate Anna on your way out.

I can buy the marriage being strained, but not Patrick on the verge of divorce.

Ron should have just had Scrubs divorce during Robin's last appearance. If KM is only going to be making short appearances every so often there's no point in keeping them married. Just end it. 

• Love 5