Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Today's scorecard:

+1 points to Carly for pointing out that Sonny certainly didn't feel obligated to marry all of his baby mamas.

-50 points from Carly for her out-of-nowhere hatred of Sabrina.

-1,000 points from the writers because I'm betting right now that Carly will find out about the WTD question mark and tear into Sabrina about sleeping with a greasy mobster and using her baby to get/keep a man with no mention of how INSANELY HYPOCRITCIAL that is coming from Carly.

• Love 11

Elizabeth gets worse and worse. Lying to her creepy serial killer look a like son.

Dante/Lulu + babies =ZZZZZZ. Oh I guess the ONS will come out on Halloween.

Sonny giving Michael fatherly advice is gross. Remember when he killed Michael s father. Michael certainly has.

Carly doesnt want him marrying Sabrina. Shocking. 

• Love 6

LOL Carly wants Michael to have a relationship like her and Sonny.

Just shakes head.  There are no words.

So Carly doesn't like Sabrina but was ok with the girl who pinged ponged between her sons? 

And I just can't deal with the idea of Sonny being grandfather to AJ's grandkid.  Honestly that reason alone makes me hope its Carlos' baby.

• Love 11

Today's scorecard:

+1 points to Carly for pointing out that Sonny certainly didn't feel obligated to marry all of his baby mamas.

-50 points from Carly for her out-of-nowhere hatred of Sabrina.

I'm okay with hatred. It is annoying that none of that is directed towards Kiki, but Carly loving Sabrina would just add onto the non-Carlyliness of it all.

I bet Lulu gets implanted, then miscarries because of the news. Lord.

Is the IVF doc a dayplayer?

She looks familar, but....so confused

She used to show up fairly often as the show's OB/GYN and Robin's best friend. Her name is Kelly Lee.

• Love 2

Is the IVF doc a dayplayer?

It Kelly Lee! PC's sex-addicted OB-GYN from approximately 2006-2012.  She did all the Girls' Nights Out with Liz/Robin/Emily/Lainey.  She was a sex addict who randomly banged Jerry Jax

• Love 8
(considering this is Teflon-after-three months Lizzie, it'll happen)

Sonny got a pardon for first-degree murder. Liz hardly deserves to be strung up and flogged for a giant lie.

Dante/Lulu + babies =ZZZZZZ.

Or rage, when they say that making a baby "by loving each other" is somehow better than the IVF. I know they meant more that IVF can be tough, but why not say that? Pregnancy is pregnancy. ETA: Dante somewhat redeemed himself by acknowledging IVF is tough and Lulu would blame herself if it didn't work.

Carly glaring at Sabrina doing the baby talk was a bit much. Maybe shoot some daggers at your son? His penis was there, too. Gag at Sonny's "my children matter more than anything to me" bs.

Is the IVF doc a day player?

That's Minae Noji, who has played Kelly for a while.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

I'm okay with hatred. It is annoying that none of that is directed towards Kiki, but Carly loving Sabrina would just add onto the non-Carlyliness of it all.

It's more the out-of-nowhere-ness of it that bothered me, because, by all accounts, Carly totally liked Sabrina until today.  And her "It's okay for him to bang this Latina chick, but to marry her?" stance...maybe not the best look for the show's (gag) leading heroine.

• Love 2

Perhaps Carly would be more pro-Sabrina if she knew how influential she was in getting Michael to forgive her and Sonny.  And since she's on her fifth try, just with Sonny, at wedded bliss, perhaps she should amend her template of what a marriage should be.

That said, I don't disagree that there is no passion between Michael and Sabrina.  But it's early days, yet, and, yeah, Carly, there's more to make a good marriage than passion.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 6
I bet Lulu gets implanted, then miscarries because of the news. Lord.

The dialogue today has spared us that ugly outcome. 

1. Dr. Lee said that about three weeks of hormone treatments would be needed before the embryo was thawed and implanation was attempted.

2. At the end of the episode, Lulu said that she would work put her efforts into the Hallowe'en party and, then, the day after the party, she would start this three-week preparation process. 

And we all know that Dante and Lulu will have A LOT more to talk about after that party - if they are talking at all. 

I'm relieved.  I don't want this current ONS/lying story to turn into another baby story.  I want it to be about Dante and Lulu working on their trust and communication issues. 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 3

On today's General Hospital:

MIchael announces the pregnancy.  Sonny tells him to marry Sabrina.  Carly loses her poop when he tells her that later, declaring that Michael and Sabrina don't have the passion.  Michael proposes to Sabrina who says "hell naw"

Dr Kelly Lee is taken out of the closet long enough to tell Lante that they have only a 16% chance for the pregancy to take.  Dante thinks they should drop it.  Lulu's determined to will herself pregnant.

Spin is arrested but Diane works her magic, or bribes a judge, whichever.  

Little Jake declares that big Jake is his real daddy, so Liz tries to do damage control and convinces the child that yes, Jake will be his daddy when they get married.  

• Love 3

Dr Kelly Lee is taken out of the closet

Maybe it's cynical, but her appearance - and Diane's - seemed designed to stamp down the re-Guza-ing of the show.  "Hey look, it's recurring characters from the Guza era, hooray!".  Whatever.

• Love 1

LOL at Carly really stressing that she's Michael's mother. For Sabrina's sake, I hope Carlos is the father, so she doesn't have to deal with Carly as a grandmother. Sabs will never do anything right according to Carly.

As someone who's heard a lot of medical statistics lately, I find them somewhat meaningless. They're aggregates. When it's happening to you, the odds are 50/50: It'll either happen or it won't.

I'm glad Jakeson apologized to Sam and wants to go continue with finding out who he is.

• Love 8
Dante/Lulu + babies =ZZZZZZ. Oh I guess the ONS will come out on Halloween.

The anvils were pretty heavy there.  "We'll start the day after the Halloween party!"  

God, shut up, Carly.  You should consider yourself extremely lucky that Michael has even let you back into his life, and now you want to shoot that to hell by deciding it's up to you who he marries?  And, please, let's not even pretend you have the slightest idea how to make a marriage work.  Michael would do well to go exactly counter to your marital advice.  

• Love 12

Dr Kelly Lee is taken out of the closet long enough to tell Lante that they have only a 16% chance for the pregancy to take.  Dante thinks they should drop it.  Lulu's determined to will herself pregnant.

Lets hope that Dr. Lee went to medical school since she has been gone.

• Love 3

Maybe it's cynical, but her appearance - and Diane's - seemed designed to stamp down the re-Guza-ing of the show.  "Hey look, it's recurring characters from the Guza era, hooray!".  Whatever.

No, that occurred to me too. I didn't really like Diane most of the time, but I did miss her disdain for everyone.

It's more the out-of-nowhere-ness of it that bothered me, because, by all accounts, Carly totally liked Sabrina until today.  And her "It's okay for him to bang this Latina chick, but to marry her?" stance...maybe not the best look for the show's (gag) leading heroine.

I would just like to know when Carly saw Michael in love. With Strooker? No. With Kiki? Double No. So I can only conclude she's talking about Starr . . . and triple no. Carly doesn't know Michael very well if she thinks it gets more passionate than this for him. "They're not in love unless they're fucking on our bed Sonny!"

Jordan: he has an off-button?

heh.

LOVED Carly's wtf face when she found out about the pregnancy - it was hysterical! And Maurice is looking *fine* in these scenes. Quite handsome. I know - a lightning bolt is heading my way!

no, he does look good. I am really ogling Sonny and Michael when I am ffing and/or muting them lately.

• Love 4

Lets hope that Dr. Lee went to medical school since she has been gone.

I wish Sabrina was pregnant with a pillow.  This show doesn't need another baby and I don't need to stomach the sight of Sonny cooing over AJ's grandchild.

• Love 3

Liz is pretty close to stealing the worst mother crown from Carly. I love how she is all for therapy now that lil jake might blow up her lie. What a great mom.

Based on this shit, Liz has already stolen that "honor". I am usually pro-mom on shows, etc. But in this case? I think Liz warrants having those boys taken from her even if temporarily.

The fact that her obsession for Holy Hitman dick trumps the mental health of her kids is just disgusting.

• Love 9

I would just like to know when Carly saw Michael in love. With Strooker? No. With Kiki? Double No. So I can only conclude she's talking about Starr . . . and triple no. Carly doesn't know Michael very well if she thinks it gets more passionate than this for him. "They're not in love unless they're fucking on our bed Sonny!"

Totally.  All of Michael's romances have at best been weakly cute and at worse been dull as dirt.

Liz is pretty close to stealing the worst mother crown from Carly. I love how she is all for therapy now that lil jake might blow up her lie. What a great mom.

What annoyed me more about this today was:

Lil' Jake: Jake is my real dad!

Liz: Jake will be your real dad when we get married!

Me: ...is nobody going to mention Lucky?

• Love 17

At least we were spared a Dr. Chu-Pacadra joke from Ron.

I need a permanent signature line that says, "No matter how bad GH gets, I will never not be happy that Ron Carlivati was fired."

• Love 10

Based on this shit, Liz has already stolen that "honor". I am usually pro-mom on shows, etc. But in this case? I think Liz warrants having those boys taken from her even if temporarily.

The fact that her obsession for Holy Hitman dick trumps the mental health of her kids is just disgusting.

Preach. I just cannot with this whole storyline. I'm entering into Sonny/Carly levels of hate with everyone involved.

• Love 2
Carly doesn't know Michael very well if she thinks it gets more passionate than this for him.

Not everyone needs to be shot in the head while giving birth as proof of love.

ulkis, you're back!

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 7

Not everyone needs to be shot in the head while giving birth as proof of love.

ulkis, you're back!

If only Carlos was still alive.  We could have gotten a complete re-enactment of the Bullet of Love.  Carlos could be helping Sabrina as she goes into labor in a remote cabin.  Michael comes in and pulls a Sonny. 

• Love 5

Just shakes head. There are no words.

So Carly doesn't like Sabrina but was ok with the girl who pinged ponged between her sons

If RC was still writing I'm sure Carly would've wept with joy at the thought of having Sabrina as a daughter in law because everyone had to love Kiki and Sabrina whether it made sense or not

• Love 2

I can't believe Lucky left his kids alone with this freak. Even his dead beat ass is a better parent than her.

• Love 5

Jason did. Which imo was actually worse than if he'd not been mentioned at all.

I straight-up liked this episode tbh. Like I thought it was a pretty good quality episode.

MB looked fine as fuck today and he actually acted well. I hate when that happens! Also, LW was doing some amazingly hilarious things with her face. Carly is so awful, but I prefer her this way over acting all sugary and laughing every two seconds.

ER was really great today. The Dante/Lulu scenes were really good, but the bullshit hanging over it sucks. Ugh.

Guys I am really just still so angry over the WTD busincess with Sabrina's baby. Like it's just enragingly stupid. Why pile on more bullshit plot nonsense when there's already so damn much? But also I still somehow can't discern if we're supposed to be taking this as a WTD or if we're supposed to get that Carlos is really the father. Either way, dumb. So dumb.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

Jason did. Which imo was actually worse than if he'd not been mentioned at all.

I straight-up liked this episode tbh. Like I thought it was a pretty good quality episode.

MB looked fine as fuck today and he actually acted well. I hate when that happens! Also, LW was doing some amazingly hilarious things with her face. Carly is so awful, but I prefer her this way over acting all sugary and laughing every two seconds.

ER was really great today. The Dante/Lulu scenes were really good, but the bullshit hanging over it sucks. Ugh.

I like the way they are styling ER much better lately. Less pageant style, more down-to-earth. Much better. I'm shallow and 50% of the reason I was hating so hard on ER as Lulu was because of the corny hair and clothes.

Yeah, Sonny and Carly (lol almost wrote Carlos) are more tolerable to me when they are disagreeing. And actually disagreeing and not, "no Sonny, you're wrong! You are strong enough to do this!"

Guys I am really just still so angry over the WTD busincess with Sabrina's baby. Like it's just enragingly stupid. Why pile on more bullshit plot nonsense when there's already so damn much? But also I still somehow can't discern if we're supposed to be taking this as a WTD or if we're supposed to get that Carlos is really the father. Either way, dumb. So dumb.

I know me too! Like I didn't even know I cared it's weird. And I don't think anyone would really have to worry about Sonny fawning over the kid if it were Michael's, I think he's had like one scene with the other grandkid. And also like you say I can't tell if it's a WTD or what. And if it Carlos', Sabrina better blow up a la Lily cause I am not interested in Michael raising Carlos' kid and being all "I would meathook Carlos for this child". Maybe there's a chance since Carly said Michael wasn't passionate about Sabrina.

Plus Carly just really needs to be a grandma given her reaction today.

• Love 3

What annoyed me more about this today was:

Lil' Jake: Jake is my real dad!

Liz: Jake will be your real dad when we get married!

Me: Shut your stupid ass up, Liez! Neither Jake nor Jason is Dead Now Alive Jake's father. Jason is the sperm donor and that's it. Just because Lucky left to get rid of "the darkness" doesn't mean you get to pretend like he doesn't exist. Ugh she needs to be eaten by a bear. 

• Love 7

I just realized what pisses me off about this show. Every character is entitled and lacks self-awareness. Nik is in the previews saying "How could you do this to me, Sam?" Like, WHAT?

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 9

There is absolutely no way that Carly wouldn't have ripped Kiki's hair out by it's badly dyed roots for screwing over/with both of her sons. 

Also? There's no way that Caroline Leigh “Carly” Benson Quartermaine Corinthos Corinthos Alcazar Corinthos Jacks Corinthos wouldn't be giving serious side eye to a "nurse" who was on her second Oops!Pregnancy with a wealthy man in 2 years.

Obviously DisneyPrincessGlitterbomb would never intentionally get pregnant to hold onto a guy but I wouldn't blame Carly for thinking otherwise.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 9

There is absolutely no way that Carly wouldn't have ripped Kiki's hair our by it's badly dyed roots

It's really a toss up as to whether this or another poster's line about Hayden smacking Liz with a bedpan is my favorite comment of October. I love the mental image of Carly trying to rip either Kiki (KA or Erin ___)'s poorly maintained hair out.  

• Love 3

I admit that (yes I watched live today. I have kidney stones. What else am I going to do?) I laughed at Sonny laughing at Carly freak out over being a grandma. It is kinda sad that Michael seems rather desperate to have a little family. It actually reminds me of his real father, AJ. Maybe no matter how much Corinthos brain washing, he has actual AJ traits. Not just Jason etc.

Jake, just agree with Zombie. He will kill.

• Love 2

Mama Carly is flat out jealous and possessive of son Michael. Her concerns about his marrying are selfish and ugly. Why should Mama care whether son has enough "passion" in his relationship? Sounds Oedipal to me.

Blondie Falconeri is selfish too. All she can think about is how earthy she's going to feel when she is carrying a baby. Husband's doubts do not sway her. And ugh she inherited her Mom Laura's sobby tear-choked voice that is like nails on a chalkboard.

• Love 2

I like the way they are styling ER much better lately. Less pageant style, more down-to-earth. Much better. I'm shallow and 50% of the reason I was hating so hard on ER as Lulu was because of the corny hair and clothes.

This. She looked 100 times better yesterday than she has since she first appeared.

Honestly everyone (minus Patrick) is looking better. The makeup team must be fired up. 

• Love 2

Mama Carly is flat out jealous and possessive of son Michael.

This is her M.O., she always gets really territorial with Sonny and Jason, and is especially hostile toward any woman who might be be a priority in their lives. It's the genesis of her resentment of Brenda, Robin, Liz, Sam. Any one who might be important to Sonny or Jason. (Toonces was never a threat- which is why she got along with her.)

Now, It's Michael who has a significant other (she was opposed to the Strooker at first, but I think even Carly recognized that that relationship wouldn't last). Add the prospect of a child (and the one-two punch of being a grandmother plus Michael having a child, who would also be a significant relationship) and Carly is gonna go nuts.

It's actually pretty consistent with her character (as well as being entertaining).

Good job, show?

• Love 8

I agree. I just need to see this against Kiki. KIKI. 

KikiKaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahn.*

*I've never watched Star Trek, hope I'm kinda using that reference correctly.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

I'm up early and really bored so I might try to watch today's (or yesterday's) episode of GH. If I slit my wrists I want you to know that each of you, individually, will take a share of the blame

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5