Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

IDEC I really love the Tracy/Sabrina friendship. They're so great together.

I know. JE is great with the younger actors. She and JMB had great chem, too. Tracy's glee at a new Q heir was creepy, though. I've never liked that about the Qs. They don't differ much from Sonny in that respect. Sorry not sorry, it's true.

Is Carlos really supposed to have been shot two weeks ago in GH time? 

LOL at Michael's leather Members Only jacket.

So Spinelli has suddenly developed a conscience about hacking into a lab because that's illegal? Every time he hacks it's illegal. 

Wow, it was just announced that WK would be back as Ned, and we see him on Monday. 

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure the body that was found is really that detective...or Fake CIA (WSB) dude...whatever he was supposed to be...who humped Anna and then wanted to date her or whatever. He was shot by Paul about two weeks ago PC time. The cops think that the body is Carlos presumably because Paul altered it in some way.

• Love 1

Who did he say that to?

Jordan called to have him come down to the station, and he answered the phone "MIchael Corinthos".  Tracy was disgusted!

I HATE that they are making this a who's-the-daddy (or is it definitely Carlos' baby?)

I totally missed that.  I thought the flashback was just to remind us how close they were that she's crying over his death.  I never thought they were implying that it could Carlos' baby.  By the by, was that an original flashback or  a new one?

No.  Speculation is that the body is really Sloane, who was shot about 2 weeks ago in GH time and that Paul messed up the body enough that no one can really tell that it isn't Carlos and then paid somebody to say that it is with dental records and what not.  

I totally missed that.  I thought the flashback was just to remind us how close they were that she's crying over his death.  I never thought they were implying that it could Carlos' baby.  By the by, was that an original flashback or  a new one?

A new one, I think.

I still can't stand Spin but I like Sam around him, if that makes sense. She's finally her real self. Breaking the law and telling the truth about her feelings about Jakeson (I think this is the first time she said out loud that Jake reminds her of Jason), Jason, and her "family" with Douchebag.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

I know. JE is great with the younger actors. She and JMB had great chem, too. Tracy's glee at a new Q heir was creepy, though. I've never liked that about the Qs. They don't differ much from Sonny in that respect. Sorry not sorry, it's true.

JE is magic with the younger ones. Haven't watched yet-and IDK, maybe the way she acts will creep me out too.

But  I don't think it's fair to compare the Q's and the Corinthii concerning family. The Corinthii, like some nasty mold, never die. They just keep multiplying.

The Q's, OTOH, have been decreasing steadily for years. So if Tracy wants to get giddy over a baby Q, rock on with it, sister. I do think she's been hit hard with the reality of her lack of family, which is why she and Michael got closer, and why it was so easy for her to embrace Avery.

I myself am hoping it is Michael's baby, just because it will be a Q, so I can relate to Tracy on this. That said-let it be a girl, please and thank you.

Or twins-one boy, one girl.

Hayden and Paul are both making mysterious phone calls. Is that a red herring, or a big ole flashing neon sign, that it must be Paul on the other end with Hayden ? Cause I kinda do want her to be Susan, but I also kinda want her to be Jimmy Lee's long lost daughter coming back to take over the company.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4

Jane Elliott deserves an emmy for playing that scene where she has to pretend that Sabrina, in her pup tent top, isn't pregnant until midway through it.  Seriously, how did she manage to keep a straight face through that?  How did she not roll her eyes so far up in her head that they got suck? How did she not pitch a fit, throw down her script, and walk out?

Instead, she looked TC in her eyes and pretended to have an "a-ha" moment.

If not the emmy, then at least the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian award.

Sabrina:  What with Michael nearly losing his father.

Sabrina, Michael already lost his father. His name was AJ.

Man, between that and "Michael Corinthos" it's hard to believe that it isn't Ron twisting the knife further.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 14

And I think this is why some are saying GH is on it's last legs. You've got too many characters who have gone to the point where you'd have to say half of them were pod people/under mind control, just to redeem them.

Weirdly enough, the pieces are in place where you could just that.  It's already been established that Helena has those mind control chips she puts in people's brains, just come up with a semi-plausible reason they could end up in the heads of the wrecked characters (Nik, Liz, to some extent Anna, etc.) and voila! It's done.

I think TeCa is kinda knocking it out of the park currently. I'm really enjoying how she's playing this whole thing. That being said, this story sucks and is dumb and is the worst and is stupid.

Typical GH.  The actors in the scenes giveth and the stupid plots they are stuck in taketh away.

• Love 2

Man, between that and "Michael Corinthos" it's hard to believe that it isn't Ron twisting the knife further.

But, to be fair, Ron was the one who wrote his relationship with AJ and his taking AJ's name, something nooo other writer would have touched thanks to Guza.  I think this hardcore "AJ who?" return to form is alll from the higher-ups. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

There are actually lots of Qs left. At least, I think Ned, Brook, Tracy, Dillon, are a decent amount. And Michael, too. And Maya, if she ever comes back. It's just none of them have the Q name except Dillon.

But, to be fair, Ron was the one who wrote his relationship with AJ and his taking AJ's name, something nooo other writer would have touched thanks to Guza.  I think this hardcore "AJ who?" return to form is alll from the higher-ups. 

Yeeess and no. I do think a lot of the AJ who stuff comes from the higher-ups, but the AJ contempt from Ron came already in 2013 with all the fat jokes. And I don't think it had anything to do with any particular Sonny love on Ron's part, but just for some reason they just had it in for Kanan. I mean, it's hard for me to believe that it was just that SK complained about the story, but who knows. I guess Ron and Frank really were/are that petty.

• Love 7

"They made no attempt to hide Teresa's baby today."

Why do you think she was hanging on to those flowers Tracy brought her?

"So Sabrina would have to be about 5 months along. If she could be oblivious to her pregnancy for that long, I really must insist on a review of her nursing final exam"

Not of unheard of in the soap world. I don't recall the precise details, but in the final months of Guiding Light, the actress playing Natalia was practically ready to pop when the character figured out she was preggers after pity sex with Frank at least 5 months earlier.

• Love 2

There are actually lots of Qs left. At least, I think Ned, Brook, Tracy, Dillon, are a decent amount. And Michael, too. And Maya, if she ever comes back. It's just none of them have the Q name except Dillon.

Plus Skye (who uses the name Quartermaine) and Lila Rae.

• Love 1

Very disappointed that Hayden didn't beat Liez with a bedpan

I'm a Liz fan (but NOT in this storyline) and this comment still made me laugh. Intelligence and reasoning has gone out the window in her desperation to hang onto Jakeson. The endless dragging out of it all is just...a waste of characters. Blech.

• Love 9

Not of unheard of in the soap world. I don't recall the precise details, but in the final months of Guiding Light, the actress playing Natalia was practically ready to pop when the character figured out she was preggers after pity sex with Frank at least 5 months earlier.

On OLTL, Margaret Cochran raped Todd on Valentine's Day, then the following year had Sam just before Valentine's Day.

Wasn't Molly an almost year-long baby too? There was someone else around the same time as Margaret who had a strange pregnancy.

• Love 1

Very disappointed that Hayden didn't beat Liez with a bedpan. And really, Liez, if you think Hayden is lying about having amnesia why are you harassing her when she would have the power to blow up your spot? What a fucking dumbass. Can't wait for this stale box of fruit loops to be exposed. 

That was my exact thought.  I am astounded at how that smug liar can stand there and berate a PATIENT (I loved the "that would be Ms Barnes" reminder) and not be struck down on the spot.  She really is a fucking psycho.  GO ahead twit, poke the bear.  Piss her off more so she blows up your life in the most spectacular way.

And not only can Hayden fuck up her personal life now that she knows Jake is Jason (AGAIN), but she should totally lodge a complaint about how inappropriate her nurse was during an exam.  Way to do your job there Pycho Nurse.

Spin waxed poetic about how Jason is pretty much the greatest thing that ever happened to him, and the greatest friend, even though I'm pretty sure the two of them never actually hung out outside of "work".* I can't believe you blocked that out!

*oh, wait, there was the wedding.

Sorry, have to disagree on this.  Since I am one of the few Spin fans, I feel I have to defend him.  Jason AND Sam both consider him their family.   And not just because of work.  They lived together for years, I am sure a few nights were spent watching movies or just hanging out.  I am sure even Stone Cold stayed in ocasionally.

• Love 10

THeres also Jimmy Lee and if he has any kids as Q's.

Right there! Tracy mentions that Jimmy Lee is disowned and apparently thats the end of that. Some long lost son is unceremoniously cut out of what one assumes to be a multi billion company and he doesn't seem to give a shit? Come on! If anything, that would be the opening of his return. And if Jimmy had any children, they would probably would want their piece as well. 

• Love 5

Right there! Tracy mentions that Jimmy Lee is disowned and apparently thats the end of that. Some long lost son is unceremoniously cut out of what one assumes to be a multi billion company and he doesn't seem to give a shit? Come on! If anything, that would be the opening of his return. And if Jimmy had any children, they would probably would want their piece as well. 

Heck that would have been an good candiate to ttry to take over ELQ lol.

• Love 3

A new one, I think.

So Princess Sabrina may have been banging two men (Carlos and Mikey) intermittently? Do tell!

Spinelli is risking terrible trouble if he gets caught hacking into the hospital computer. Besides being guilty of the cyber crime itself, he would surely run afoul of HIPAA, exposing the hospital to suits too, etc.

Edited by OnceSane

Same here. Britt was no prize, but neither is Nik. They both had monsters in their families. I liked the actors and the characters together. I thought Britt was the best partner Nik has had in years. 

(Now I'm permanently dead to jsbt. Oh, well!)

Just came back to say "Fuck Britt!"

• Love 7

Sorry, have to disagree on this.  Since I am one of the few Spin fans, I feel I have to defend him.  Jason AND Sam both consider him their family.   And not just because of work.  They lived together for years, I am sure a few nights were spent watching movies or just hanging out.  I am sure even Stone Cold stayed in ocasionally.

I was mostly just joking honestly, but seriously, I can't picture Jason just chillin'. :p Maybe in the early years but by the last couple of years the same outfit every day thing turned him cartoonish, imo. All the other characters I can picture doing something normal off-screen . . . Jason not so much.

• Love 4

The Hayden stuff is ridiculous. She keeps talking about having no memory and no knowledge of work history, but she never even considers going back to her home town. They also haven't had her talk to Ric, who brought her to town. The stupid with this show sometimes.

Is he even still on this show?

Anyway, I loved Hayden today. She's very believable and good at playing what she's given. Although she should have hauled off and smacked the smug out of Liz, I liked her attitude. And I'm pleased to see she's working behind the scenes.

I still can't stand Spin but I like Sam around him, if that makes sense. She's finally her real self. Breaking the law and telling the truth about her feelings about Jakeson (I think this is the first time she said out loud that Jake reminds her of Jason), Jason, and her "family" with Douchebag.

I very much understand this. I don't have hatred for Spin, but he does annoy me. But I really love Sam around him. Today was the most Sam has seemed like Sam to me in a long time. And she is just really cute with him when she smiles. I liked their business partnership and their friendship. I don't like his idolization of Jason, but that's what this show is.

I also enjoyed Tracy today, like a lot. Since I'm not a Tracy fan, this was somewhat unusual. She was heartfelt, genuine and supportive. And not screechy in the slightest. Also thought both sets of flowers were pretty gorgeous.

So not a bad show today.

Previews: I suppose it's too much to hope that the Double Shit twins kill each other? Glad to see Molly telling Julian not to move in though.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 7

LOL at Michael's leather Members Only jacket.

I could not stop laughing at that. What an odd choice.

I still can't stand Spin but I like Sam around him, if that makes sense. She's finally her real self.

I completely agree. I loathe Spinelli, but Sam becomes the Sam I remember loving so much back in the day when she's around him. It's actually really annoying because I would rather not watch Spinelli scenes.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

is Hayden Paul's daughter Susan? or am I just crazy imagining that?

I would love that, but they would have to explain why/how she ended up in Beecher's Corners broke and willing to commit fraud by posing as Mrs. Jake Barnes, if her dad was Mr Big.

So Princess Sabrina may have been banging two men (Carlos and Mikey) intermittently? Do tell!

Spinelli is risking terrible trouble if he gets caught hacking into the hospital computer. Besides being guilty of the cyber crime itself, he would surely run afoul of HIPAA, exposing the hospital to suits too, etc.

A while back Spin almost went to jail for breaking into the FBI computers. I forget how he got out of it. No logic on GH. Also I never seem to watch this mess that close. I did a WTF when he said he couldn't hack into the labs computer. Never stopped him before. Noticed Sam didn't seem to think about her son doing illegal things. Is this show suppose to not make sense, because if so they are doing it. Also when carlos spent the night they never said they slept together. plus the next day. Anna shot and killed him.

Jane Elliott deserves an emmy for playing that scene where she has to pretend that Sabrina, in her pup tent top, isn't pregnant until midway through it.  Seriously, how did she manage to keep a straight face through that?  How did she not roll her eyes so far up in her head that they got suck? How did she not pitch a fit, throw down her script, and walk out?

Instead, she looked TC in her eyes and pretended to have an "a-ha" moment.

If not the emmy, then at least the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian award.

Sabrina, Michael already lost his father. His name was AJ.

The whole show is looking anyplace BUT, at Sabrina's stomach. They are avoiding it like crazy. Funny , they don't want to look any more stupid than the words as written for them.I got a laugh at that.

I would love that, but they would have to explain why/how she ended up in Beecher's Corners broke and willing to commit fraud by posing as Mrs. Jake Barnes, if her dad was Mr Big.

Yes, just like they explained how Helena saved Jake and whose kidney Joss has. ;)

• Love 6

I'm caught up on GH now.

I still can't believe Liz had the nerve to come at Hayden Greenlee like that. I actually want the reveal now because I need someone to just throw something at Liz. But ugh. Liz crying in her wedding dress. I don't need that.

Shut up Sonny. You murdered Michael's father. You don't get to be disappointed in him ever. You then banged Morgan's girlfriend on Michael's father's grave. So shut up. God, be useful Felix and fling him from the wheelchair and tell him nurses don't clean shit.

• Love 11

Spinelli acting like he was reciting Shakespeare on the docks as he talked about dear, departed Jason was vomit-inducing.  His whole schtick got old years ago.  And Sam goading him into breaking the law?  I don't care if that's the "real" Sam, it just reminds me how much I don't like the character.  I've actually marginally liked Jakeson, but that will all be swept away once he remembers his past, starts waxing poetic with Sam about their one twu luv and becomes the Holy Hitman again. 

I will say I was somewhat intrigued by who Hayden was calling and who she really is, and I LOL'd that Michael is already thinking Morgan killed "Carlos"--and I've been enjoying Tracy since she's been released from her Luke prison, but, man, this show basically sucks.

• Love 1

I was mostly just joking honestly, but seriously, I can't picture Jason just chillin'. :p Maybe in the early years but by the last couple of years the same outfit every day thing turned him cartoonish, imo. All the other characters I can picture doing something normal off-screen . . . Jason not so much.

Well, apparently he has seen Titanic.  So just picture him in his black tee, maybe wrapped in a Snuggie (black of course), chilling on the couch with Spinelli crying when Jack slips away in the water....

• Love 7

The whole show is looking anyplace BUT, at Sabrina's stomach. They are avoiding it like crazy. Funny , they don't want to look any more stupid than the words as written for them.I got a laugh at that.

It is as dumb as shit. I don't how they did it in the past, but when an actress become pregnant, it seemed to be written in quickly enough into the show before she really started showing or they would ignore it completely and focus on her face, hide her in dark, loose fitting clothes or behind various things. Since FV came along, they wait until the actress is clearly pregnant and then write it in, so now they simultaneously do everything to cover up her stomach because they are pretty far along when they just had sex on the show and bring attention to their middles because the audience looks at that area when characters are pregnant. 

• Love 2

It is as dumb as shit. I don't how they did it in the past, but when an actress become pregnant, it seemed to be written in quickly enough into the show before she really started showing or they would ignore it completely and focus on her face, hide her in dark, loose fitting clothes or behind various things. Since FV came along, they wait until the actress is clearly pregnant and then write it in, so now they simultaneously do everything to cover up her stomach because they are pretty far along when they just had sex on the show and bring attention to their middles because the audience looks at that area when characters are pregnant. 

My favorite tv 'hide the actress' pregnancy' ever was what "CSI: Miami" did when Emily Procter was pregnant.  Calleigh Duquesne went from strutting around crime scenes in white pants and 8 inch stilettos, to whenever she was in a scene, they'd do a super tight shot of all the actors' faces so you could literally see every pore on their faces.  

I just watched the wedding.  The recorder bit was totally "recorder-synched", NuJoss wasn't playing. 

My only medical knowledge is from watching House M.D., but did Sonny really need two litre IV bags? 

Too much Hayden this week. Nik is so dumb around her.

I wonder if Sabrina's child really is Michael's too? She acts very unhappy about the pregnancy, and had that flashback about Carlos. Why can't she view the pregnancy as a gift to make up for the child she lost? (Sham-wa). I am very disappointed in Sabrina's lack of excitement about the baby. If it is Michael's. he will be a good father.

• Love 1

Not exactly. I think we're supposed to think Carrrlos and Sabrina slept together once, when he told her he was leaving town. (Of course, they'd had "lots and lots of sex" in Puerto Rico.) She'd slept with Michael very few times, if ever, before that time with Carlos. At any rate, nothing was exclusive with Michael yet, so AFAIC, she could bang the entire town and it would be fine.

My only medical knowledge is from watching House M.D., but did Sonny really need two litre IV bags?

As someone who has unfortunately had way too much RL experience with IVs, it's possible he needed two—antibiotics, glucose, saline, etc. It's also easy visual shorthand for "Hey, guys. He's really sick. Don't be mean to him." Heh.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 5

Gawd, and Michael and Carly et. al will probably start screaming at Sabrina for sleeping with a scuzzball mobster with no acknowledgement of the hypocrisy.  If so, I hope Sabrina holds up a mirror to Carly.  "Say that again..."

Damn this show for making me side with Sabrina.

• Love 4

Too much Hayden this week. Nik is so dumb around her.

I wonder if Sabrina's child really is Michael's too? She acts very unhappy about the pregnancy, and had that flashback about Carlos. Why can't she view the pregnancy as a gift to make up for the child she lost? (Sham-wa). I am very disappointed in Sabrina's lack of excitement about the baby. If it is Michael's. he will be a good father.

But if it's Michael's it comes with Sonny and Carly. In Sanrina's position she kind of should hope the baby is the dead mobster and not the guy that is reimbracing that lifestyle.

• Love 2

I hate pregnancy stories but what I hate worse is on this show it feels like the pregnancy stories are the same its some mobsters baby and the woman is scared even though her other option is another freakin mobster lol.

• Love 4

With the retcon with Carrrrrrrrrrrrlos suddenly in play, no way is this kid a Q. No chance at all. If it was, the retcon would not even have occurred. I think Sobby knows the truth but lets MyKill believe otherwise. So the whole thing is pointless. Can't the camera crew shoot from the shoulders up anymore? Where are the large purses?

• Love 5

Well, I think it would be hilarious if Sabrina said she didn't want Michael to be part of the baby's life because she doesn't want her child raised anywhere near criminals for the child's safety. Then we have Michael, who made that very same argument  to gain custody of Avery, now making the exact opposite argument to gain custody of his own child and his transformation to hypocritical mob asshole will be complete.

And by hilarious, I do mean vomit inducing. 

Or he could lose custody and start to understand what AJ went through losing a child. (there is a lot of story potential for Michael becoming a father-- so I assume the show will make the worst possible choice. The baby is Carrrrrrlos' Michael screams at Sabrina for being a whore who betrayed him)

• Love 10

Except that Ned and Brooklyn aren't on the show. Yeah, there are lots of Q's running around the planet, but there are currently TWO contract Qs living at the mansion: Michael and Tracy. Dillon doesn't even live there anymore. Compare that to the late eighties/early nineties, when there were as many as nine of them at one time living there.  With more people than that if you counted ex spouses and step children.

No, I don't think there needs to be nine contract Qs at a time on this show. But Sonny doesn't need five kids on the canvas(and would have eight if Sam, Lily, and Carly's babies had lived) either, so it isn't always fair.

Considering all that, nope, I don't begrudge Tracy being happy about her friend having what she believes to be(and I hope is) her brother's great grandchild.

I guess they could say she wanted to get the lay of the land and Paul came to town AND shot Sonny because his daughter was shot by Sonny's hitman

I've been thinking from the beginning, that Paul is acting possibly, partly out of revenge for something Sonny did, or something he THINKS Sonny did, but I guess we'll see. Paul's first appearance was the show right before or right after Hayden starting showing signs of waking up. And I remember thinking at the time that perhaps it wasn't a coincidence, these two things happening at once. Who knows? I do think it's too much to ignore that they are both working for or working with some secret partner. They are linked somehow, even if she isn't Susan.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

Michael is truly deadtome. Answering the phone with "Michael Corinthos" sealed it. And then him yelling at Sabrina in the promo just solidified it. But, and I've said this before, damn if CD isn't looking fine as fuck lately. Sigh again.

Eh, Michael was looking at Tracy when he said "Michael Corinthos," and if felt to me that he did it deliberately to piss her off.  Regardless, the writers are going to do what the writers are going to do.  I love that Michael and Tracy are still talkign to each other and treating each other like family.  It's not like Michael disowned her as his aunt.  I have to say that I am liking this Michael and his "I don't give a shit" attitude with people, and I also loved how he reminded Paul and Jordan that he was, in fact, raised by mobsters.  He's not going to talk without a lawyer present.  Duh.  Unfortunately, the writers are moving on from the ELQ storyline for the Quartermaines.  How do we know?  When was the last time Michael said the name "AJ?"  The writers won't even put that name into his vocabulary now.  So if I'm stuck with this new rewrite, I'm happy that he's still in Tracy's orbit and still lives at the Q mansion and still has the name Michael Q.  It was only a matter of time that he would be put back into the Corinthos circle.

Uh . . . I also concur that CD is looking incredibly hot.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 2

What is the point of Tracy and Michael still having a relationship if it's just going to be Michael throwing his Corinthos weight around her? Why does it matter if Michael doesn't change his name if he all but forgot the reason for that name? If AJ is nonexistent to Michael and if he gets off on throwing the name of his killer in Tracy's face then what's the point? To twist the knife of AJ and Q fans?

Monica should be a part of this. How would their interaction go if Monica called him on his overnight change of heart.

• Love 6

Eh, Michael was looking at Tracy when he said "Michael Corinthos," and if felt to me that he did it deliberately to piss her off.  Regardless, the writers are going to do what the writers are going to do.  I love that Michael and Tracy are still talkign to each other and treating each other like family.  It's not like Michael disowned her as his aunt.  I have to say that I am liking this Michael and his "I don't give a shit" attitude with people, and I also loved how he reminded Paul and Jordan that he was, in fact, raised by mobsters.  He's not going to talk without a lawyer present.  Duh.  Unfortunately, the writers are moving on from the ELQ storyline for the Quartermaines.  How do we know?  When was the last time Michael said the name "AJ?"  The writers won't even put that name into his vocabulary now.  So if I'm stuck with this new rewrite, I'm happy that he's still in Tracy's orbit and still lives at the Q mansion and still has the name Michael Q.  It was only a matter of time that he would be put back into the Corinthos circle.

Uh . . . I also concur that CD is looking incredibly hot.  

Yeah, I actually thought the stuff at the police station was fine on his part. He wasn't acting like a jerk; he just wanted a lawyer there.

• Love 1