Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I dunno, I didn't get THAT enraged by what Patrick said.  It just seemed like a doctor thing, saying something encouraging to a patient as you're working on them.  I didn't exactly expect him to snarl, "I hate you Sonny, I hope you die!" to him.

Too bad Monica can't make a trip to his bedside.

I wonder if the bullet hit the same place that hit Dante or AJ, or maybe they had the  same gunshot wound from Sonny?

This isn't some great tragedy. The tragedy if that the men didn't finish Sonny off. And what fuck was up with Maxie? She is sad for Sonny? Stop projecting. Number 1, who the hell is she to call anyone a disaster. I get that Sonny raised Michael, but it is a completely different than her and Mac. For one thing, despite the tension between Mac and Frisco (with good reason), Mac never prevented Frisco from seeing Maxie, never said a bad word against him and even sought him out when Maxie needed a heart transplant.  AJ wanted to parent Michael, but his bitch mother wouldn't let AJ near him and fucking Sonny hung him up on a meat hook and take his parental rights. Those assholes then lied to his face for months about killing AJ and Sonny fucked Ava on his bio dad's grave. Don't get me started on Maxie wistfully talking about his great love for Carly and how he has earned more money than he can spend from being a fucking criminal, or how he is targeted because he is the most powerful man in town. There was time Edward Q was the most powerful man in town, don't remember mobsters regularly trying to off him, unless it was Sonny. I am sorry that was not having an unlimited budget, no matter how nice the champagne is. He got a teenager to bake his wedding cake. 

Hey Morgan, feel your anger. You remember this and go and truly apologize to Michael about what happened over AJ.

Jordan was my spirit animal. Her reaction to finding out TJ was baking Sonny's wedding cake and then her rightfully blaming Sonny for what happened. 

He didn't encourage a teenage boy to make it, which was why I originally thought it was funny, lol. And I stand by it. This dude, because he thought a kid ran him off the road, wanted to kill him. Sonny IS a murderer but he wants him to make it. I'll just leave it at that.

I don't care what anyone says, I firmly believe his hesitation during the operation killed Rafe. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 7

I would have forgiven so much if Sammy's adventure buddy had let the midget mickey mouse moobster die like he did that bedazzled coke-head.

Oh, me too, no doubt.  But I hate Sonny with the heat of a thousand suns, so I might be a little bit biased.  

So Sabrina sang, "You are not alone", to Avery?

No, it was Hush Little Baby.

Michael killed was the bad mobster sent by Evil Luke that broke into his apartment.

I thought Shawn killed him, one of the rare times when he hit his target.  Am I misremembering that.  

• Love 3

Bless you, Patrick Drake. Can you do the same to the other half dozen wastes of space still on the canvas?

Please, Rafe could have sent away and recast with that kid that played young Luke. Sometimes the problem is the character, sometimes it the actor. Rafe was mostly the second. 

• Love 2

Hope I didn't cause you a rage blackout, HeatLifer. Patrick has said before - to Liz and/or Robin? - we're doctors, we value life while Jason and Sonny squander it (paraphrasing here). I clearly remember him screaming that Robin had sacrificed her life to save Jason's, and then he threw it away (the shooting on the pier). Sam, on the other hand, is not educated like him and was never Patrick's equal or superior in the hospital while also being friends with killers. Sam is an 'adventurer' with a hot bod who has witnessed him save lives (including Jason and Sonny in the past) so she thinks he's awesome. To put it simply, Sam is good for his 'wounded' ego. He doesn't feel threatened by Sam's intelligence or skills, he doesn't hold her to the same standards as he did Robin, and he's most definitely not in love with Sam. In lust, yes. 

• Love 1

Shrug. To me, Rafe was six of one, half a dozen of the other. The character sucked and was no loss. Sure, he was a Barrington, but how many really remember Amanda Barrington overall? Not to mention Rafe, like the OLTL 3, came from another soap. So if he's dead, I shed no tears. Dr. O, Franco, Nina, Kiki, Ava, and Sabrina are more than free to join him as soon as is humanly possible.

• Love 7

Although re-seeing JMB makes me wish she knew, cuz I could totally see her kicking both Dante and Valerie's asses every day and twice on Sundays.  ER's Lulu looks like she'll just cry when she finds out about it.  

She does, but she did a bad girl on GL so it must be somewhere in there.

It's been out of character from the get go.  Dante has been all about Lulu since the minute he met her and that never wavered, so having him jump all over Valerie because he thought Lulu was cheating has bugged me from the moment I heard that it was happening.  It just pisses me off.

there was Brenda-gate. But I couldn't take Brenda and Dante seriously as a potential couple.

*small voice* Can we get the actress that played young Pat as a new, NuLuLu? I think she'd be good.

I could get behind this. Although maybe she should be SORASed Joss.

No, he'd rather sit and nod his head at the likes of Dr. O, Hells, Faison, and Sonny. Rafe must die, though!! ;)

He must!!! HE WORE DIAMOND EARRINGS. 

• Love 4

Shrug. To me, Rafe was six of one, half a dozen of the other. The character sucked and was no loss. Sure, he was a Barrington, but how many really remember Amanda Barrington overall? Not to mention Rafe, like the OLTL 3, came from another soap. So if he's dead, I shed no tears. Dr. O, Franco, Nina, Kiki, Ava, and Sabrina are more than free to join him as soon as is humanly possible.

Didn't mean he had to die. It is entirely possibly to send someone away. Like Kate Howard (I ain't calling her Connie anymore)and even Georgie, he had a perfect out in my mind. As someone that watched Port Charles, it was just another soap that RC ruined. Bad enough he ruined the soap I am currently watching. 

• Love 4

Wait.  I thought Hayley Erin was brought on just to wrap up Kiki's storyline when Kristen Alderson suddenly left.  Something must've changed, and she's here to stay, because I just saw her added to the opening today.

Also, Dillon and Valerie have been added, as well.

My finger hit the FF button as soon as Sabrina started singing. Honestly, TC has a nice voice, but why do we need to be serenaded by her?

I FF'd that too, and I never FF anything. If I'm watching, I have to watch the entire trainwrecky, soul-crushing, vomit inducing mess. But even though I don't mind when TC sings IRL, this was just annoying and stupid. Much like most everything else.

Please tell me there's a countdown for when Sloane gets killed off.

And Olivia got put in with Julexis. Or is that where she's been all along?

Finally, may I just say that if Sonny is in his mid-40's, then I'm in my early 20's.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1

Wait.  I thought Hayley Erin was brought on just to wrap up Kiki's storyline when Kristen Alderson suddenly left.  Something must've changed, and she's here to stay, because I just saw her added to the opening today.

She was always on contract. I think Jamey Giddens (of Daytime Confidential) said the network decided to recast her because they wanted a female character in that age range.

• Love 1

I miss JMB so freaking much.*

*Aw, Jason's dead in the eyes look. Sniff.

Yeah, watching the hospital scenes again of JMB and DZ acting together really makes me wish for the Dante and Lulu of 2010. Those two never would have allowed him to care for their kid as a 'loving grandfather.' It would be fabulous to hear Lulu call Sonny a bottom-feeding thug again - to say that he deserved to be shot by surprise at point-blank range like he did to Dante. I would love for Dante to say, Sonny's a gangster, he's made his choices, so this is what happens instead of being all "my father's been shot." Dante, your contempt for Sonny when you were new to Port Charles was a beautiful thing. I miss it so very much. I enjoyed Lulu's contempt for Olivia being soft on Sonny at that time, too. 

• Love 10

Where does the line start for smacking some damn sense into TJ? "It isn't Sonny's fault, Mom! He's a HERO!" I wanted to Exorcist puke after that. You were kidnapped because of Sonny, dipshit! What part of that aren't you getting? Someone else must have the town brain.

Maxie was doing so well with her "facts of thug life" speech to Sabrina until she fucked it up with the "AJ is a loser who lost" crap.

Ugh, Sam…why did you have to confirm Jake saving Sonny's life? Carly will slobber over him even more.

Gross Sloane being gross barely annoyed me after the Sonny shitfest.

• Love 15

Yeah, watching the hospital scenes again of JMB and DZ acting together really makes me wish for the Dante and Lulu of 2010. Those two never would have allowed him to care for their kid as a 'loving grandfather.' It would be fabulous to hear Lulu call Sonny a bottom-feeding thug again - to say that he deserved to be shot by surprise at point-blank range like he did to Dante. I would love for Dante to say, Sonny's a gangster, he's made his choices, so this is what happens instead of being all "my father's been shot." Dante, your contempt for Sonny when you were new to Port Charles was a beautiful thing. I miss it so very much. I enjoyed Lulu's contempt for Olivia being soft on Sonny at that time, too.

Lulu was the BEST when she was mad. The insults were delicious. I miss her sass and personality. :( And I realllly miss JMB's chemistry with DZ. I might go watch some old clips later. May share them in the History thread. I just loved them.

Hope I didn't cause you a rage blackout, HeatLifer.

Ha, no, never. The writers give me rage blackouts. I totally respect your opinion on Patrick/Sam, I just don't know if I fully agree. It would take a lot of fanwank on my part. The only thing I think that's been made obvious (thanks to Ron) is Patrick's love for Robin turned out to be very conditional. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

Where does the line start for smacking some damn sense into TJ? "It isn't Sonny's fault, Mom! He's a HERO!" I wanted to Exorcist puke after that. You were kidnapped because of Sonny, dipshit! What part of that aren't you getting? Someone else must have the town brain

TJ you were not kidnapped because you were just some random young man walking out of a diner.  You were kidnapped because you are hanging out and living with a mobster.  If you had not chosen to become a member of Sonny's "family" you would not have needed rescuing.   You were tied to a chair and watched Sonny being shot along with  three other men shot and killed not three feet in front of you.  Yet, you still are a Sonny apologist, then you are nothing but a stupid little shit.  If fact, you are the KING of the stupid little shits. 

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 14

TJ was baking Sonny a cake as a thank you for taking him in- Sonny ordered a cake from a bakery but TJ decided to bake it instead. I also was confused at first why Sonny would be cheap then rewatched the TJ and Molly scenes.

What the hell TJ- still with the Sonny propping. He put you in danger- so glad Jordan called him out on it. Everyone has rose colored glasses when it comes to the moobster. Is Michael going to be next?

Maxie needs to shut it. Michael and AJ were close, and it's not AJ's fault that he didn't get to watch Michael grow up.

Avery is so freaking cute.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 3

jay - JMB did great work with Lulu's fury at Jason and Sonny. I didn't like Lulu screaming about her brother and Elizabeth's ugly personal business in the middle of a public area, Elizabeth's work place.  Not helpful/potentially highly embarrassing for both Lucky and Liz due to inappropriate timing and place - not to mention her other brother Nikolas was just as guilty. Whereas Sonny had no right to be in the hospital period because he was the one who put the bullet in Dante's chest/Jason and Sonny wanted the undercover cop "Dominic" dead because he was there to expose their crimes. Dante wasn't out to kill either of them. Lulu's reaction to Orange Glow and Stone Cold was absolutely justified.  

What's become of Dante and Lulu now is just sad. Yes, I am aware the same can be said of other GH characters, too.

• Love 4

I liked the shoulder slap Jordan gave Dante.

Anna-Fin is good. Inspector J.C. Penny mannequin is not. Less crying, more killing, Anna.

Jesus with the eye make-up on Lulu. They need to stop that.

Patrick's hair continues to astound.

• Love 7

This Sloane is really a leftover fembot from The Bionic Woman, right?  Seriously, he had almost zero affect beyond SMARM LEVEL FOUR and always looked two seconds away from Anna pulling his face off in a shower of sparks or something.  Even Finola Hughes can only carry so much weight, man.

Sabrina, Lulu, and Maxie commiserating over the Corinthos men and their enduring ties to The Life...I can't help thinking the whole point of it was to sow some seeds of doubt in Sabrina's pretty head about her relationship with Michael, but I can't pin down why.  Maybe setting up TC's maternity leave, I don't know.  It could have been a little less strident, though.  And TC busting out Hush Little Baby was a downright odd way to play us out today.

Ava and Julian's chat was almost entirely to make it look like Julian might indeed be involved in Sonny's shooting.  I'm pretty sure nobody anywhere bought that.

And as previously basically said, and often: TJ being in a bit of shock over his ordeal, fine.  TJ going into full-on Sonny worship mode over it, not fine.  Jordan should have slapped him and gone "Snap out of it!"

• Love 8

Finally, may I just say that if Sonny is in his mid-40's, then I'm in my early 20's.

What an ego boost to the mobster, being estimated at mid-40's by the paramedics. The actor is 52; but his tanned and exercised  bod is apparently working for him. I wish that the Show would give him some touches of gray in his hair for more gravitas and to balance that engaging dimple in his cheek.

It's true that Sabrina sang a lullabye to Avery today, but it's only a matter of time before she belts out "You're Not Alone Anymore" to the tot. It's part and parcel to the Sabrina propping. Show always seems to splurge on makeup and haircare products for the actress too.

JMB did great work with Lulu's fury at Jason and Sonny.

The Lulu character died when they made her give Sonny a 'world's greatest grandfather' mug.

This was the first time that I enjoyed watching the actress playing Maxie in years (of course - not the lines that were written for the character).  She has become annoying as her generation's Lucy Coe - and that's not a bad thing.

The sound peron added just enough loudness of Avery's 'coo'ing to ruin whatever effect RC/FV were going for with Sabrina's inexplicable breaking out into singing a lullaby replete with camera shots of the kid's mother rotting in jail and her father dying' in an emergency room.

Of course, there is no need for Jason to be at the police station for questioning.  The extra seconds of camera shots on Carly, Mike, and Morgan trying to process an Jake/Jason being heroic for murdering two people were also 'special'. 

I feel like I need a shower after seeing the guy who plays Morgan on the screen.  He has spent way too much time with Maurice. 

• Love 3

Why does my cable guide info say GH stars Maurice and HAYLEY ERIN.

At least they spelled it wrong (Haley).

Or did I spell it wrong.

Deep mysteries.

Mine is even worse: it reads "Maurice Benard, Haley Erin, Rebecca Budig, Bryan Craig, Michelle Stafford, Roger Howarth, Emme Rylan, Maura West, William de Vry..."

Aside from Mo, all of these actors have only been with the show since May 2013 at the longest. And oh look, today's description is fascinating:

"Sam has a question for Olivia; Jake talks to Sam."

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . .

• Love 5

Did Uncle Frank create a whole new opening, or just update the exist in one? Are the blacks sit grouped together? Who got Lewq's slot?

I haven't seen the newest opening from yesterday so they may have changed this, but when I watched a few weeks ago I believe Anna and Tracy were in Luke's spot, which I really liked.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
Mine is even worse: it reads "Maurice Benard, Haley Erin, Rebecca Budig, Bryan Craig, Michelle Stafford, Roger Howarth, Emme Rylan, Maura West, William de Vry..."

You're joking on us, right? Right? Because I can't think of a worse selection, unless you added recurring Nicholas B____, whatever the kid who plays Spencer.

How is it not:  Maurice Benard, Jane Elliot, Nancy Lee Grahn, Jason Thompson, Kelly Monaco, Dominic Zampravignolli,* Finola Hughes

*I would not expect any cable programmer to get Dominic's last name right.

• Love 6

How is it not: Maurice Benard, Jane Elliot, Nancy Lee Grahn, Jason Thompson, Kelly Monaco, Dominic Zampravignolli,* Finola Hughes.

That would be because RC spent most of his (much longer than it should have been) stint as HW focused on his own shitty creations and trying to get as much of his Alt!T&B /RoHo fanfic on air instead of writing character driven stories for existing GH characters

• Love 4

Aside from Mo, all of these actors have only been with the show since May 2013 at the longest. And oh look, today's description is fascinating:

"Sam has a question for Olivia; Jake talks to Sam."

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . .

Looking at the cable guide descriptions has become the most interesting thing about this show, just because they always make me laugh for some unknown reason. Maybe because I always read them out loud in a fake dramatic voice which my cats find amusing.

Mine for today says:

Ric causes a ruckus; Sam questions Jake about what he remembers; Olivia reveals whom she saw on the docks.

Lather rinse repeat day after damn day.

Why is Ric causing a ruckus? Why can't Ric be the shooter?

Why do we have to have humongous anvils dropped on our heads with all the Sam looking at Jake as he defaults to Jason Morgan mode? Why isn't Elizabeth at the hospital so she could look even more guilty as she sees Jake act all Jason-like?  

Why is Olivia..... maybe I should just leave that hanging there, because really, these days, why is Olivia? Her sole purpose seems to be either Sonny propping or Julian bashing, you know, the Fathers of her children, both with mob ties except in her eyes, Sonny equals the best mobster who ever mobbed and Julian equals pure evil.

Is Julian the new AJ minus the fat jokes (he gets the carb jokes), everything is Julian's fault even when it's not.

I'm with everyone who wishes JMB was Lulu right about now.

And yes Morgan, doesn't it suck when someone shoots your father? Except in your case, your father gets to live and in Michael's case, his Father is murdered by your father and you and everyone in Port Charles thinks Michael should just get over it and love Sonny forever because he's such a great dad. (I refuse to capitalize "father" or "dad" when it comes to Sonny, he doesn't deserve a capital letter unless it's the letters F and U (or Y, if we want to bother spelling out the big 'FU Sonny' he deserves)

Why did I de-barge myself?

• Love 8

There was just something so creepy  and mob-wifey about Lulu and Maxie telling Sabrina what to expect from dating Michael. 

"Forget how you've seen him act. He's a violence-prone anger bomb, just like his real dad, Sonny. Who, by the way, is the best."

Do the people who write for this show realize how rarely they make sense?

If this latest shooting convinces Sabrina to steer Michael back to the Q's-- I guess something good can come of it, not Sonny's death as I always hoped-- but something.

• Love 6

Do the people who write for this show realize how rarely they make sense?

Its never going to make sense as long as the lead is a mobster.  Other characters have to be morally bankrupt and just flat out moronic to make this nonsense remotely work - even though it never will.  At least not to this viewer.  The best thing the writers could have done was to kill Sonny off.  At least that way maybe other characters would have some kind of chance to not suck.

Edited by ch1
  • Love 12

Seriously, what is with her singing!? I guess I should be grateful Alderson isn't still on the show or she would have joined in. But I can't with this constant need for this show to portray Sabrina as some sweet little angel. Enough.

I swear they've used that 'Hush Little Baby' song at least once before, I have no memory of when or who was singing it but I think it was another one of those Singing A Lullaby While Violence Occurs Elsewhere type of scenes.

I'm embarrassed to admit I Binged it (I don't use google, Bing gives Amazon gift cards when you do a certain amount of searches #ILoveFreeBooks) but I couldn't find the answer.

Ok, I halfheartedly Binged it because I halfheartedly care.

And yes please, enough with the Disney Princess singing already.

• Love 2

If this latest shooting convinces SBabrina to steer Michael back to the Q's-- I guess something good can come of it, not Sonny's death as I always hoped-- but something.

Maybe it'll convince Michael not to take advice from people who have a lot to say about things they know nothing about - things like what A.J. would want or what it's like growing up with a mobster parent

Also? Shut up, Sabrina

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

Where does the line start for smacking some damn sense into TJ? "It isn't Sonny's fault, Mom! He's a HERO!" I wanted to Exorcist puke after that. You were kidnapped because of Sonny, dipshit! What part of that aren't you getting? Someone else must have the town brain.

And it's clearly not TJ, otherwise he'd realize that living in Sonny's world isn't all swimming pools and high-thread count sheets. All those perks that TJ seems to love so much are paid for with blood money and, in some cases, blood itself. TJ almost shed some of his own blood when he got kidnapped because he chose to live with Sonny. Obviously, TJ hasn't learned anything since the last time he was kidnapped, otherwise he wouldn't have moved in with Sonny in the first place. I would suggest that either Jordan or Molly smack the stupid out of TJ, but that could take weeks, if not years.

Do the people who write for this show realize how rarely they make sense?

Obviously not, otherwise it wouldn't suck as much as it does now.

STFU, Maxie. Given your own track record with the truth, you have about as much right to throw shade at AJ as Sonny does to throw shade at Ava.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4
there was Brenda-gate. But I couldn't take Brenda and Dante seriously as a potential couple.

That whole set-up made no sense whatsoever.

You were kidnapped because of Sonny, dipshit!

Oh, god, I KNOW. And TJ still has the nerve to get exasperated with Jordan when she tells him Sonny is bad news. And Shawn is still the bestest guy evah! UGH.

Maybe it'll convince Michael not to take advice from people who have a lot to say about things they know nothing about - things like what A.J. would want or what it's like growing up with a mobster parent

I really hate when writers do this. It's one thing for Sabrina to help Michael through his feelings about things, it's another for her to tell him what to do when she has no idea of anything. It cracked me up when both Lulu and Maxie were telling her about why Michael went to prison, and Lulu had to say, "It's a lot more complicated than that," and Sabrina had a look like, "Huh? But Michael told me stuff!" Yeah, no.

• Love 2

You're joking on us, right? Right? Because I can't think of a worse selection, unless you added recurring Nicholas B____, whatever the kid who plays Spencer.

How is it not: Maurice Benard, Jane Elliot, Nancy Lee Grahn, Jason Thompson, Kelly Monaco, Dominic Zampravignolli,* Finola Hughes

*I would not expect any cable programmer to get Dominic's last name right.

Between the show now airing on my ABC affiliate's sister station, and my cableguide listing all new, less Mo, people as the stars and giving blatantly boring episode descriptions, I'm convinced my affiliate and cable providing are going out of their way to get people to not watch. I should send them a gift basket as a thank you.

On another note, I'm always amused by people misspelling and mispronouncing Dom's last name; and Gina Tognoni's too. It's "Zam-prone-ya" and "Toi-yo-nee" by the by.

ETA: as someone with an 'eye-tal-yun' last name, the mispronunciations crack me up, but the misspellings of adding lots of extra vowels annoys me.

Edited by Tiger

On another note, I'm always amused by people misspelling and mispronouncing Dom's last name; and Gina Tognoni's too. I'm "Zam-prone-ya" and "Toi-yo-nee" by the by.

I think the second one should be To-nyo-nee? I think? I find the placement of the "gn" sound much trickier in her last name than in DZ's.

• Love 1

I swear they've used that 'Hush Little Baby' song at least once before, I have no memory of when or who was singing it but I think it was another one of those Singing A Lullaby While Violence Occurs Elsewhere type of scenes.

I'm embarrassed to admit I Binged it (I don't use google, Bing gives Amazon gift cards when you do a certain amount of searches #ILoveFreeBooks) but I couldn't find the answer.

Ok, I halfheartedly Binged it because I halfheartedly care.

And yes please, enough with the Disney Princess singing already.

@tveyeonyou

Didn't Skye sing Hush Little Baby to LilaRae when Jason was killing her dad, Alcazar?  I don't really remember.

Correct. https://youtu.be/aIUyrsyDH6M?t=433

Didn't Skye sing Hush Little Baby to LilaRae when Jason was killing her dad, Alcazar?

and

There was also the lullaby shootout with Laura singing to Lulu -but RC probably doesn't remember that

History!

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 2