Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

Nothing Lulu did justifies Dante screwing Valerie for me. Nothing.

And that's all I can say about Dante right now because he now gives me rage blackouts.

Not that it ever had any chance with me at all really, but any Valerie/Dante possibilities is now deader than dead to me. That shit-eating grin combined with doing it in their apartment and having feelings for him the whole time, combined with her having the same last name (yeah, it's a hang-up I have) . . . no. I don't care how much chemistry they have, which they don't have THAT much of, it's dead to me.

I'll still have a rage blackout if Carly condemns him though.

Valerie herself can stick around, don't care, but the actual coupling, no.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5

I'll still have a rage blackout if Carly condemns him though.

Carly: I have a bone to pick with you Valerie, you WHORE.

Valerie: ...so now you remember who I am, cuz?

• Love 5

I do wish DZ didn't play it so angry, but the acting was still good. I've said it before, I'll say it now, and I'll probably say it another day, I just hate this story. It's all so sudden and now with Dante's rant, yes, in the past Lulu's Spencer-ness has come up, but that hasn't been a thing in so long and all of a sudden this is the one time too many? Just, no. Oh, and Dante's so concerned about Rocco because Lulu left this one time, but it's cool that he's with Sonny who can't name all his kids at once. Hell, his more responible parent is hiding her son somewhere, after faking his death, to keep him from his bio father, and Dante is in on it. He's generally more self aware than this. He has a right to be annoyed. But I don't buy this anger. If he sounded a bit more paniced, or shocked, that would have helped, as if he was taking it out on Lulu how badly he messed up. That wouldn't be right to do of course, but I;d buy that more than him being geniunely this mad at her.

Random thought, my aunt was texting me last night about of course Valerie will at least have a pregnancy scare. SInce then I've been wondering if Ron will try to be "trendy" or whatever, and have Lulu want to use the embryo upon finding out, and have that turn in to some fight, like that situation with Sofia Vergara.

• Love 2

Random thought, my aunt was texting me last night about of course Valerie will at least have a pregnancy scare. SInce then I've been wondering if Ron will try to be "trendy" or whatever, and have Lulu want to use the embryo upon finding out, and have that turn in to some fight, like that situation with Sofia Vergara.

Oh dear gawd, I hope not, considering how awful the last custody battle story was.

• Love 1

Carly: I have a bone to pick with you Valerie, you WHORE.

Valerie: ...so now you remember who I am, cuz?

I was thinking more like, "I always knew you were your father's son Dante! ha-ha! Now, excuse me, I'm gonna go back to your dad's house and let him screw me! Number one baby mama, bitches! Take that, bastard children Morgan, Kristina, and Dante! Oops, I mean, take that, bastard children Kristina and Dante!"

• Love 7
(edited)

I mean, I defend the Liz/Jason thing, because they each actually witnessed Lucky and Sam in the act with Maxie and Ric.

Jason and Sam were also broken up at the time, so I never really saw the liason thing as cheating....just really yucky.

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 3

I think he's rightfully pissed that he trusted Dillon over him with this Lucky secret.  Her rationale that Dillon and her used to have adventures all the time, it was THEIR THING, and that's why he got to come along was weak.

But yeah, did Lulu ask him why he didn't hang out in Vancouver and confront her?

Yeah, that was weird. I stopped watching in early 2007 due to Spinelli-itis. Did she and Dillon do anything else together after going to the Markham Islands?

Yeah, that was weird. I stopped watching in early 2007 due to Spinelli-itis. Did she and Dillon do anything else together after going to the Markham Islands?

No. He was all about Georgie until Guza broke them up for good. 

• Love 1

Jason and Sam were also broken up at the time, so I never really saw the liason thing as cheating....just really yucky.

LOL dont remind me of how much I hated Jason for treating Sam like shit for Ric when he is the one who dumped her after getting shot. He acted like she cheated on him. 

I dont remember all these adventures Dillon/Lulu went on.

• Love 1

This was the first episode in some time that I actually enjoyed and the type of soap opera that I wish was on every day.  It is no coincidence that the Hospital (Patrick and Liz) and Tracy were featured.  It is going to be so refreshing to be able to see Tracy without Luke around!    Adultery and white crime trumps guns and violence any day of the week.

• Love 3

This was the first episode in some time that I actually enjoyed and the type of soap opera that I wish was on every day.  It is no coincidence that the Hospital (Patrick and Liz) and Tracy were featured.  It is going to be so refreshing to be able to see Tracy without Luke around!    Adultery and white crime trumps guns and violence any day of the week.

Yeah. I didn't like the Dante/Lulu scenes actually, except for the very end, but everything else was, well, there were no wacky hijinx, no Nina, Franco, Silas, Kiki, O. Liz and Nik are still unrecognizable, but at least they were people and not caricatures on my screen? I also don't recognize Jason (which would be fine, I don't mind changing him per se, but then I have to see the change first), but again, at least he is a human being and not a joke.

• Love 1

I'm catching up on yesterday's episode, and I really wanted Spinelli to vroom up in the airport shuttle. Too meta?

What did they do to JT's hair? I wasn't a giant fan of the faux hawk, but it looked better than what he's sporting now. I really liked the Brad/Patrick/Lucas scenes. It's nice to see friends tease one another.

Dillon's hair was kind of goofy, too.

I didn't like Lulu feeling bad that she left Rocco with Dante for so long. Like a father can't take care of his son. And anyway, Dante is pawning him off onto Sonny.

As for today's episode:

"Fifteen minutes later." Yes, because I was totally confused about that tiny flashback to yesterday. Each new scene started with a short repeat of what happened yesterday. Gah.

Richard Burgi looks great. Hello, you sexy beast. Rowr.

"Things would be a whole lot different now if Shawn Butler hit his target." Heh. 

DZ did a great job showing Dante realizing that he slept with Valerie for nothing, as it were. I wish the writing had been more equal, though. Lulu didn't get much of a chance to talk.

I liked the Alexis/TJ scenes, too.

LOL that Dillon can't read a flight-status screen.

• Love 2

Dillion didn't even end up in this because Lulu confided in him over Dante. Dillion got in this because he went to confront Luke and Luke told him and Luke trusted him. 

Dante gave me rage hate like his father, blaming Lulu for everything still while he's the real cheater. He doesn't tell Lulu everything about his criminal relatives and he did go to the cops instead of keeping quiet over Michael. So why should anyone believe he wouldn't do the same regarding Lucky?

Is RC rewriting history? It was Lulu/Johnny that did the adventures. 

• Love 2

I like Richard Burgi. He still looks good in his late 50's. Although, I wonder if Paul Satterfield was asked back or not?! Last I read, he was in college for his maters. They didn't bring original Jennifer or Frank Smith which I could understand.....I guess. Now, with Burgi with nuDillion it's too much for me.

• Love 1

Wow, they really did manage to get Richard Burgi to play Paul Hornsby.  The guy's got a talent for playing charming bastards, this could be kinda fun.

Sorry folks, he will always be the couch f*ucker  (Nip/Tuck) to me, and he creeps me out . Some things you just can't unsee.

As for Dante/Lulu, the whole-- 'being a Spencer is what's important to you" argument would be so much more effective if Lulu still hated Sonny (like that glorious period after he shot Dante in the chest). If Lulu had balked at Dante and Rocco spending time with Sonny-- (you know, instead of buying him 'World's Best Grandpa' mugs)-- then bent over backwards to forgive Fluke (and keep him in their lives) after he tried to kill Dante-- it would be a whole lot more impactful.

I have a horrible sinking feeling that while digging into Nic's secrets, and his connection to Hayden, Jakeson and Sam will somehow manage to clear Shawn of shooting Hayden and get him released. 

• Love 1

Dillion didn't even end up in this because Lulu confided in him over Dante. Dillion got in this because he went to confront Luke and Luke told him and Luke trusted him.

But, when it hit the point that Lulu decided to go after Luke and Laura, instead of coming clean to Dante and enlisting his help, she grabbed Dillon to go with.

• Love 1

I can't with Dante. He fucked Lulu's cousin in their bed and showed little remorse afterwards but then he has the nerve to continue going off on her even after he found out why she was with Dillon. Get the fuck out of here. 

I just want Liez to say she hopes Greenlee Hayden dies so I know her transformation into a total piece of shit is complete. 

• Love 5
(edited)

As for Dante/Lulu, the whole-- 'being a Spencer is what's important to you" argument would be so much more effective if Lulu still hated Sonny (like that glorious period after he shot Dante in the chest). If Lulu had balked at Dante and Rocco spending time with Sonny-- (you know, instead of buying him 'World's Best Grandpa' mugs)-- then bent over backwards to forgive Fluke (and keep him in their lives) after he tried to kill Dante-- it would be a whole lot more impactful.

Do you mean the story would have more impact if Dante did those things, not Lulu? Otherwise I'm a little confused.

But, when it hit the point that Lulu decided to go after Luke and Laura, instead of coming clean to Dante and enlisting his help, she grabbed Dillon to go with.

Well, she didn't enlist him, he insisted on tagging along. Either way, she should have told Dante at that point.

I think Dillon is shady too to be honest, he was a little too insistent on not telling Dante.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2
(edited)

I like RB and JE so far. I think however, that if I have to sit through anything remotely resembling a "triangle" with Paul and Tracy and anyone else, especially Laura, I..well, IDK what I'll do. I've given the show up for lesser stupidity than that.

Not to mention, it really doesn't make any sense that Laura and Tracy would be interested in the same man, or he in both of them at the same time.

Edited by IWantCandy71

I got misty-eyed at Laura and Lucky hugging and Lucky saying "Yes, Mom, I'm fine."  I'm sure it was a joyous, emotional moment for GF and JJ to be on-screen together for the first time in his adult life. Also lovely to see Laura with an arm around both Lucky and Lulu. I don't care how scruffy JJ looks; I'm just so happy to see him back briefly, and with Genie.  I agree with you all that it was great/ funny when Lucky tells his mom to stay down, she pops up to save Luke from getting shot, Lucky reacts in surprise and says "Or not." 

Interesting that Elizabeth says Lucky has been in touch with Aidan. I remember when JJ and Braden (the previous little Cameron actor) had their final scene, Lucky talked to him about going on a "trip" and the Christmas gift from Cam would keep Cam with him on that trip. Shortly after that, Cam yelled at Liz that her lying is why "Dad left." I would buy that he doesn't have a relationship with Lucky due to Lucky being so focused on working with orphans and Cam feeling that his dad abandoned him after letting him believe he was just going on a long trip. It's a good explanation for why Cam was being clingy with Ric - a guy he couldn't have remembered from his mom's past (prior to the years with Lucky) because he was a baby when Liz married Lucky. Aidan was still a baby when Lucky left that Christmas, so "Daddy" is more of a concept than "my dad who left me and that hurt."  He probably wanted to do things with a male role model (Liz even said 2 years ago, July 4th episode she wanted him to have a man in his life because Lucky stays away) ... but that's not the same thing as having memories of a father who currently has other priorities.

I'll guess it's way too much to hope that Lucky will have a scene with his mom, ex-wife and sons. This retcon that Jacob Martin Spencer is alive makes me roll me eyes along with you all. I assume it's to redeem Luke so that he's a not a drunken toddler killer and to play into the ELQ fight storyline - BLECH.

• Love 6
(edited)

Someone left this excellent comment on Dante in the latest Despair in the Afternoon post

Dante’s been unflaggingly loyal and faithful to Lulu from the moment he laid eyes on her. Lulu’s the one who’s always had profound doubts about monogamy and marriage–an organic way to shake up Lante here would be Lulu’s insecurities about Valerie driving her into Dillon’s arms, not Dante uncharacteristically deciding to throw away five years of commitment to to the mother of his child because he *suspects* that she’s cheating on him.

I simply cannot fathom Dante sleeping with someone else without hearing Lulu say to him, in so many words, that she’s done with their marriage. (Especially not with a woman he’s known for about a month and has no sexual chemistry with.) He’s been jealous of Lulu’s exes before, but that jealousy always made him more possessive of her. “Fuck this, I’m out” is the literal exact opposite of how Dante normally reacts to challenges in his relationship with Lulu.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 15

I had so much secondhand embarrassment during the Dante/Lulu scenes. I'm sorry but DZ and ER were just terrible in those scenes. Sure, the writing sucked, but damn if they didn't make it worse with how bad they were. 

My sister was in the room when I was watching this ep and she thought DZ was really good though and she loved Dante. But then they showed the flashbacks of him fucking Valerie and she was like "HE CHEATED ON HER?!" and she was so irate at him. LOL it was so funny watching her reactions.

I liked Paul and I really hope he

is for Laura.

IDEC I still love Dollar Store Dillon. And I still sorta kinda ship him with Sabrina.

• Love 1
(edited)

IDEC I still love Dollar Store Dillon. And I still sorta kinda ship him with Sabrina.

I don't know, but if leads to a scene where Michael and Dante commiserate and drink over how much they hate yourDillon, I support it!

I had so much secondhand embarrassment during the Dante/Lulu scenes. I'm sorry but DZ and ER were just terrible in those scenes. Sure, the writing sucked, but damn if they didn't make it worse with how bad they were.

No, don't be sorry. I didn't they were terrible but I was like, "ummm I want to think this is good. Am I projecting cause I hate this?? Come on you two this is what you wanted, do better!!"

I guess if Dante wasn't SHOUTING he wouldn't be able to talk all over Lulu. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Instead Guza killed him off to make Jason sad (instead of trying to accommodate SD's health issues like the show constantly did with TG.)

I still think it would be extremely easy and cheap to bring back both Alan & Georgie. Just open an episode with Tracy coming into the Q den to tell Michael that she just got a call from Frisco that the WSB found Alan and Georgie in one of Victor's facilities.

If Stuart and/or Lindze is unable to appear and/or Uncle Frank unwilling to pay them, then we can just be told that Alan is just off-screen with Monica, watching Danny, etc., and with Georgia that she's reuniting with Mac & Felicia, and then have her get accepted to some prestigious medical school.

However, ideally they could get Stuart on set for one episode and just have Alan in a hospital bed and let Monica, Tracy, etc carry the weight with the dialogue. And with Georgie we could at least actually see Mac & Felicia eating at Kelly's before she leaves for medical school.

• Love 2

I don't see Luke as being whitewashed. Granted, I have skipped all those scenes since he left PC, so I have no idea of the actual dialogue being said. I do know supposedly Jake is alive-based on a bit of a recap. But-unless they are saying that Luke was never drunk, but instead drugged by some eeevilll person out for revenge,  and Jake was kidnapped and his death faked, how is Luke being whitewashed? Unless the previous is true, Luke's actions  have not changed. He *still* drove drunk, still could have, and thought he DID, kill someone.  Now, if they say-yeah somebody grabbed Jake to make  you think you did it-then okay, whitewash. But even if it was "Fluke", it's still not whitewashing IMO. The issue is not "was he in his right mind?" The issue is that he *thought* he did it, and kept drinking anyway. So, Jake alive or not, Luke is still just as guilty of the act of driving drunk. I don't see whitewashing there. Yet.

• Love 1

Oh fuck, it's Felix.  I'd rather Brad monologue about his troubles to a picture of Britt than confide in that annoying busybody, especially considering how judge-y Felix immediately got.  Shut up, Felix, gawd!

So Dillon and Maxie got to talk about Georgie...for about five seconds in between plot points.  UGH.  C'mon, Ron, can't anything just breathe?

I can't believe, given how the last episode ended, there was no Luke/Laura/Lucky.  Ridiculous.

I actually came back and watched the full show yesterday for Lucky. (I know, I was doing so well for awhile!) Needless to say, I pretty disappointed to see he wasn't there.

And yet, I still watched the whole episode. Why, why did do I that? :'( 

• Love 1

So, if Hayden wakes up and Nik "takes care of it," I'm guessing that means he'll kill her? I'm not sure if Liz is supposed to be delusional, desperate, crazy or just plain evil at this point. As for Nik, he's just embracing his dark Cassadine side - it was bound to happen even though I hate it. 

• Love 1

Do you mean the story would have more impact if Dante did those things, not Lulu? Otherwise I'm a little confused.

The story: (Dante's instantly believing the worst of Lulu, after hearing the truth from her- suddenly talking about how she's a Spencer first and foremost) would have greater impact if more beats were played.  (or any beats)

The family stuff could have actually been an organic source of conflict that could have enriched the story and displayed cracks in the Lulu/Dante relationship prior to Dillon's arrival.

Fluke had spent the last  year, running a criminal enterprise, threatening and hurting people as well as putting both Lulu and Dante in danger. But Lulu expected Dante and the cousin to understand and forgive. 

We could have seen that conflict build over months, and  compounded by Lulu's reluctance to have Sonny anywhere near Rocco. (if TPTB would allow anyone say a bad word about Sonny)

As it stands Dante's motivation, mistrust, and resentment seem to come out of nowhere. 

• Love 8

Nothing Lulu did justifies Dante screwing Valerie for me. Nothing.

And that's all I can say about Dante right now because he now gives me rage blackouts.

And man oh man are they making Dante com off looking like scum.  Lulu's first thought after she verifies that her family is safe is to call her husband.  The husband who is currently porking her cousin.  In her bed.  And now he's implying that his infidelity is somehow Lulu's fault!  That's some Patrick Drake-level douchery, right there.

I still think it would be extremely easy and cheap to bring back both Alan & Georgie. Just open an episode with Tracy coming into the Q den to tell Michael that she just got a call from Frisco that the WSB found Alan and Georgie in one of Victor's facilities.

Only if A.J. is there as well.

• Love 4

I honestly want Burgi for Laura. If they reinvent the character entirely for the actor, it can work. But I know Ron is gonna work some HS triangle for the vets like he always does - Tracy and Laura fighting over some man. Tracy can be with plenty of other dudes.

• Love 6
(edited)

And man oh man are they making Dante com off looking like scum. Lulu's first thought after she verifies that her family is safe is to call her husband. The husband who is currently porking her cousin. In her bed. And now he's implying that his infidelity is somehow Lulu's fault! That's some Patrick Drake-level douchery, right there.

Yuuup. All that's left is for a character to tell Dante that he's the victim of Lulu's lies and for Dante to move Valerie in and for her to be a mother to Rocco.

Edited by HeatLifer

Yuuup. All that's left is for a character to tell Dante that he's the victim of Lulu's lies and for Dante to move Valerie in and for her to be a mother to Rocco.

Not that Dante is blameless (far from it, in fact), but Lulu's lies did get the ball rolling for this.  She does deserve a good part of the blame in this.

• Love 3

Not that Dante is blameless (far from it, in fact), but Lulu's lies did get the ball rolling for this. She does deserve a good part of the blame in this.

If Dante hadn't slept with Valerie, he would have had several good points. If he had even chosen to leave her, it would have been kinda understandable. But even if Lulu HAD been cheating, it would have been wrong to cheat before officially separating. She's not to blame for the cheating part. That's all on him.

• Love 15

FYI, I'm choosing to marathon Secret Life of the American Teenager on netflix this week in lieu of checking my dvr daily.

That's how oddly bored I am. I've seen Britt and Sabrina though. In the same episode.

I plan on marathoning the week Friday with backup.

Not that Dante is blameless (far from it, in fact), but Lulu's lies did get the ball rolling for this. She does deserve a good part of the blame in this.

Dante was really quick to believe his wife was cheating. Carly even know better and had more sense, than Dante. It's like he never trusted her or had faith in her at all if in 48 hours he was so quick to think she was cheating. He didn't even consider an alternative and he's supposed to be a detective. 

Lulu deserves some blame for keeping what happened to her brother from him, but she was doing what she thought was in Lucky's safety. Dante jumped into bed to cheat with someone who he already was wanting to cheat with.  

• Love 2

I will say that IMO DZ played his realization that he was the only one who cheated well. There was some line about working through it or getting past it, and he said, "We can't," in a way that showed he was realizing the enormity of what he'd done. 

• Love 5

Only if A.J. is there as well.

If they're going to have a super villain as COS. staff they might as well use her. She walked into AJ's room and he remembers some horrible thing she did in her clinic, so she puts him into a coma and fakes his death then threatens Monica with his actual death if Monica tries to have her removed as COS.

AJ "died" in the midst of that LOD nonsense, had a closed casket funeral and his fuckin' organs weren't donated so it's less ridiculous than 80% of RC's recent back from the dead stories. And I'd actually get to see Jakeson/AJ and the Qs interact which would be infinitely more interesting than this excruciating Jakeson triangle (I'm not even going to pretend that Patrick is a factor here)

• Love 4

To ask again, did Lulu tell Dante the truth or not?

No she did not. Did her lie physically force his hands to take off his pants and have sex with Valerie?

• Love 6

I did and I CHEERED! I also grinned at Lucky's look of shock. Brought back memories of Laura holding that automatic whatzit in '78 and didn't she also defend her home after Lulu was born?

And agree--Laura ain't no "wounded dove" or helpless damsel.

Don't we know it!

23lhavl.jpg

64p06u.jpg

• Love 9

I will say that IMO DZ played his realization that he was the only one who cheated well. There was some line about working through it or getting past it, and he said, "We can't," in a way that showed he was realizing the enormity of what he'd done. 

As much as I'm disgusted by Dante, DZ did do a good job.  I don't know if it was in the writing or not, but his performance had me sold that Dante started aggressively talking over Lulu when she started denying she cheated because if she didn't cheat, then he screwed her cousin and blew up his marriage for no reason. 

• Love 8

No she did not. Did her lie physically force his hands to take off his pants and have sex with Valerie?

I meant did she tell him what really happened today?  Haven't watched it yet and probably won't be able to for a few hours.

Haven't watched yet.  Did Lulu ever tell Dante what really happened?  Why she really left with Dillon?

Yeah she did. Dante said a quick line about glad Lucky is Okay, and then went into how the truth of her taking off for that reason and the way she did was doing to Rocco what Lulu hated her family doing to her as a kid being left for some adventure/mission.

• Love 1

I meant did she tell him what really happened today? Haven't watched it yet and probably won't be able to for a few hours.

Oh, I apologize. I didn't realize you were literally asking, I thought it was sarcastic. Again, I apologize.

• Love 1
(edited)

So, Jake alive or not, Luke is still just as guilty of the act of driving drunk. I don't see whitewashing there. Yet.

I meant redeeming/whitewashing Luke in the same way Ron tried to redeem Franco when Roger H. had those scenes in the Haunted Star with the people who mattered to Jason, showing video footage etc....he was all "see, I didn't really rape Sam...listen, I wasn't responsible for Michael getting raped" blah blah blah. Ron was determined that nuFranco would work out. The attempt was terrible. Since Luke is a long-term character and now Tony is retiring, Ron wants to retcon what I assume many viewers think is the worst of his list of sins: killing his son's little boy during a night of drunk driving. It seems likely Ron wants to present it as yeah, Luke over indulges, but it's not that bad because he hasn't killed anyone after all and Lucky is clearly over it. You all saw that father-son hug, right people, right?!? Lucky is just happy to see his parents and know they are okay. Spencer Family is healed. (Never mind the years that Elizabeth and Cameron have suffered due to missing Jake because Liz is merely the mother/Lucky's cheating, manipulative ex and Cam is the biological child of a dead guy who wasn't part of a legacy family.) 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

Oh, I apologize. I didn't realize you were literally asking, I thought it was sarcastic. Again, I apologize.

That's okay.  I'm just glad to hear that Lulu did in fact tell Dante what was really going on.

I just hope Tracy finds out soon.