Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Kelly Monaco really needs to eat something. She is distractingly skinny.

I found it especially amusing that Dr O mentioned Sam looking pale- I thought she looked especially orange today.

I really don't need another round of "not your secret to tell" Sam really needs to talk about something other than Jakeson and babies.

• Love 1

I really liked Molly/Ric, and Carly/Fake. Whatever affection I had for Dr. O and Britta as an individuals and together is gone now, and I literally don't give a about Jake. I hope Spencer gets sucked into a hell dimension through the tv ala Poltergeist.

Can someone please force feed JT a cheeseburger?!?

• Love 3

I just never bought into Britt's relationships with anyone, certainly not Brad. I thought it was trying to do a shortcut to cute for two scheming characters, and I just never got into it. If they have a character beat to play for C-player Brad with this, fine, but then she can catch the next barge to the Arctic.

• Love 4

I think as far as the Genie coming back thing goes for me, meh. That sums up all my cares. I find the actress and the character wooden and vanilla, always have, always will. Wouldn't matter if I loved her to pieces though. Stunt casting is not  the answer to fixing this show. Just...how hard is it to simply tell good stories? With interesting characters? If the writers are that stuck, pull the plug on this sucker while it still has some dignity. It just all smacks of desperation, and desperation is never pretty.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 6

I have been in awe of Genie for a long long time.  I still remember the scene where she loses her shit in GH because of the Cassadines returning.  Lucky had taken Lulu from her crib at GH, and Laura flips out on him in front of Bobby, Tony, etc and she just has a full on breakdown.  Her acting in that scene....chills man.  I can't find it anywhere though.  Anyone know what scene I am talking about?

• Love 4

Ugh, Jake and Liz kill me, and not in a good way.  Elizabeth is once again with a guy that she doesn't want to be with while she looks over his shoulder at the OTHER guy, and Jake is making eyes with Elizabeth while married to Hayden.  Jake is so opposite of Jason that I will never be able to accept him as Jason, even when I'm told he is Jason.  Jason doesn't gush about his feelings, and he certainly doesn't make the moves on a woman if he thinks he's married to another.  Totally out of character.  The worst is Elizabeth pretending that she doesn't want to tell Jake what Hayden told her about them having sex when she clearly wants to tell him that she lied about them having sex.  She wants to cause trouble between Jake and Hayden and yet, Elizabeth is going to stay with Ric.  Ric is also an idiot for wanting to win her back so badly, and I hate how they are writing his character.

I LOVED Britt and Brad, and I really wish that Britt was sticking around.  Of all the newbies brought to GH, she's been my favorite.  So of course, she's gone.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 11

I have been in awe of Genie for a long long time.  I still remember the scene where she loses her shit in GH because of the Cassadines returning.  Lucky had taken Lulu from her crib at GH, and Laura flips out on him in front of Bobby, Tony, etc and she just has a full on breakdown.  Her acting in that scene....chills man.  I can't find it anywhere though.  Anyone know what scene I am talking about?

I do. I don't know where in particular to find it but I would start with this video and then skim the next ones till you hit it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vEAqL5EBl0

Edited by ulkis

I think as far as the Genie coming back thing goes for me, meh. That sums up all my cares. I find the actress and the character wooden and vanilla, always have, always will. Wouldn't matter if I loved her to pieces though. Stunt casting is not  the answer to fixing this show. Just...how hard is it to simply tell good stories? With interesting characters? If the writers are that stuck, pull the plug on this sucker while it still has some dignity. It just all smacks of desperation, and desperation is never pretty.

Sing it.

As if TG/Luke isn't enough.

There are way too many characters on this show.

Why does Dr. O care who pays Jake's medical bills? Isn't the important part that the hospital isn't on the hook for them?

"Even the formidable Carly Jax"—oh, Liesl. You are deadtome for that.

Ric is nuts to want to marry Liz, and I say this as a fan of both characters. RiH and HP are so natural and lovely together. I always love their scenes together, no matter how idiotic Ric is.

STFU, Spencer. And Nik, get your son into therapy, dipshit.

• Love 9

Yeah, I like Ric as a schemer but this is a pretty lame one even for him. I was hoping they were for real about him turning over a new leaf and I was open to that and his newly-sweet relationship with Liz last year, but Ron never allows character progression unless it's one of his favorites of the moment (and if he loses interest in you, woe betide your fate). If this is all they're going to give the talented Rick Hearst I'm almost kind of ready for him to croak.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

So now Ric is wasting more money on an engagement ring for that freak smh. What a pathetic delusional idiot.

The fact that stupid Britt showed up to see Brad just makes me hate him even more. Both of them need to have acid thrown in their faces and then be thrown off a parapet.

It's classic Ron, putting audience complaints in the mouth of a character who in-universe is viewed as being wrong.

Guza did that all the time too.  Usually it was A.J. engaging in some much-needed truth-telling that got completely undercut because the person he was talking to either rolled their eyes or buffed their nails.

Thanks ulkis, found it:

Still amazes me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzCkErm5if0

My God, TG has small hands.

(edited)

I really liked yesterday's ep so I was excited for this one, but it mostly blew. I fast forwarded a lot of it.

I think I ship Carly/Pete. I don't even know.

I was pissed the NB didn't start today. Bring on the trainwreck! (ETA: I've just now realized that today isn't Friday so now I know why the NB didn't start today. LOL at myself.)

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
(edited)

I've never cared for Laura either.  She was always too much of a wuss for my liking, and I LOATHED seeing her in crying scenes.  I also agree that good well-connected stories are lacking.  What was the issue at one point concerning Rosalie?  Do we know?  Nathan still seemingly has never had a daddy.  Why is that?  Why are Lucas and Brad getting married?  Do we know anything substantive about their relationship to warrant this?  Constant sleazefucking doesn't count by the way.  The list goes on and on.  

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 2
(edited)

It would be cool if Sam were allowed to do something other than talk about Jakeson. Maybe work a case with Spin, take care of her child, spend time with her family. throw a biscuit at Liz. Something. I guess we're supposed to be amused that Sam is inadvertently thinking about her husband while he only cares about fucking Liz.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 8
(edited)

That kid is creepy. He's going to be a shitty entitled "nice guy" who ends up trying to force some poor girl in a well to "put the lotion on it's skin"

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 7

I've never cared for Laura either.  She was always too much of a wuss for my liking, and I LOATHED seeing her in crying scenes.  I also agree that good well-connected stories are lacking.  What was the issue at one point concerning Rosalie?  Do we know?  Nathan still seemingly has never had a daddy.  Why is that?  Why are Lucas and Brad getting married?  Do we know anything substantive about their relationship to warrant this?  Constant sleazefucking doesn't count by the way.  The list goes on and on.  

Remeber when characters got married when they all went through a lot of angst and drama honestly what have Brad and lucas went through?

At this moment they're not getting married - Britt jumped to a conclusion when he said "exchanged" and he corrected her with "the L word."  I think Show is just trying to make Brad seem like a guy who really loves Lucas and is worthy of the doc/son of Tony Jones, as he has given up the scheming ways that were an important part of their friendship.

• Love 2

I love Spencer, and I thought the scene where Nikolas is walking Hayden to the door, and Spencer says something like "What were you trying to tell her when you were kissing her, father?" and Nikolas basically shoves his son inside the room and closes the door.  The snark was hysterical, and the way the two played that scene made me laugh.  I like the Nikolas and Spencer relationship.

• Love 2

Enjoyed Dr. O snarking on the Jake(son) harem.

I definitely enjoyed that from her. I don't know, I wanted to see Britt back I thought, I loved Britt and Brad, and I do like her with Liesl. But maybe all this real life KT/BC stuff is getting to me, because it just wasn't the same. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Tell me about it. WTF? I hate her, so why am I wanting these two to hook up? Clearly, the lack of Ava is getting to me.

And I think I'm done with Nik/Hayden. Didn't take long for Ron to ruin their sexiness for me. He was an abusive pig today, trying to shroud it in faux seduction. She was pathetic, "The sex is too good", "I'll make you wait for it". Um, I don't think he wants you anymore, sweetie.

Don't get me started on Liz and the ridiculousness of Ric proposing.

Blow up that secret, Sam. It needs to come out. I'll help you.

• Love 2

I definitely enjoyed that from her. I don't know, I wanted to see Britt back I thought, I loved Britt and Brad, and I do like her with Liesl. But maybe all this real life KT/BC stuff is getting to me, because it just wasn't the same. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

This is me.  I loved Britt, a lot.  But today, all I could see was the actress and her recent idiocy on twitter etc.   She was better for me when she had mystique (the actress).  Now I see KT instead of Britt.  Plus, I feel her acting has even changed.  She had more bite to her before.

• Love 3
(edited)

Long day and too tired to really post, but Spencer.........IRL I like kids and generally kids like me.  But this fictional horror.....I'd like one person to to be so annoyed with him and actually agree with him, that he really IS a horror, totally disfigured and nobody will ever love him.  

Yep, I wanna see him cry.

And I wanted to see Brad drop kick Dr. O out of his apartment building while calling the cops and filing a harrassment charge.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 4
(edited)

I really liked yesterday's ep so I was excited for this one, but it mostly blew. I fast forwarded a lot of it.

I was pissed the NB didn't start today. Bring on the trainwreck! (ETA: I've just now realized that today isn't Friday so now I know why the NB didn't start today. LOL at myself.)

I liked today's show, well, I didn't mind it, but I am in total agreement with your other two points. I even spent most of the day thinking it was Friday too.

I love Spencer, and I thought the scene where Nikolas is walking Hayden to the door, and Spencer says something like "What were you trying to tell her when you were kissing her, father?" and Nikolas basically shoves his son inside the room and closes the door. The snark was hysterical, and the way the two played that scene made me laugh. I like the Nikolas and Spencer relationship.

My people! I am also a Spencer fan, and More often than not, I like Nik and Spencer scenes. I hated Britt's kidnapping scheme because I was really enjoying her with Nik and Spencer.

I will never understand why Jake feels an obligation to stay with Hayden. Sure, if she was really his wife, it would hurt her if he told her that he doesn't have any feelings for her and would rather be with someone else. But how is this any better? Forcing himself to spend time with a woman he doesn't know, much less care about, when there is someone else he has strong feelings for doesn't even make soap sense. Why not have him date both for a spell, and let *that* be the drama- Jake getting to know Hayden to see if develops feelings, Hayden trying to earn her money by wooing him, Liz torn between Ric and Jake..there's potential there that would be so much more fun to watch. And that would even make some sense.

Edited by Turtle
  • Love 5

I hope Sam tells the truth as loudly as possible during the NB.

I say let's have verbal diarrhea: Sam spills about her half-sibling spawn. Nik spills Jake is Jason and Liz and Sam can mud wrestle for him, and SOMEONE, ANYONE can shout at Patrick to stop his crying about it since his now ex-wife is STILL a fucking hostage. Maybe Jake can remember that.

Boom! Movement.

I want a unicorn pony, too.

• Love 8

I will never understand why Jake feels an obligation to stay with Hayden. Sure, if she was really his wife, it would hurt her if he told her that he doesn't have any feelings for her and would rather be with someone else. But how is this any better? Forcing himself to spend time with a woman he doesn't know, much less care about, when there is someone else he has strong feelings for doesn't even make soap sense. Why not have him date both for a spell, and let *that* be the drama- Jake getting to know Hayden to see if develops feelings, Hayden trying to earn her money by wooing him, Liz torn between Ric and Jake..there's potential there that would be so much more fun to watch. And that would even make some sense.

I dunno, for me, the story failed the second it involved Liz. Then it failed again with Hayden because Jakeson isn't even spending time with her or interacting with her. The triangle should have been Jakeson/Sam/Patrick from the start. Have Sam fall for Patrick, but develop feelings on the side for Jake that she doesn't understand or act on. She decides to stay with Patrick because it's the safe choice, she's known him longer, and she wants the family she never got to have with Jason for Danny. Meanwhile, Patrick is struggling because he still doesn't understand why Robin left. He's angry, pissed, hates her. Maybe even tells Liz that part of him likes Sam, but the other part of him is scared he's using her to get back at Robin. Then BAM...Jason reveal/Robin held hostage.

• Love 5

And I wanted to see Brad drop kick Dr. O out of his apartment building while calling the cops and filing a harrassment charge.  

Now that is a Brad scene I would actually enjoy. Her threatening through the door, and sense of entitlement, made me wish someone would drop kick her like she deserves.

I think I might possibly understand what the writers are going for since Jason chose the name Jake based on a memory of a conversation with Elizabeth about little Jake. (So lame that he's never realized that the voice he remembered saying 'Jake' sounds so very much like Elizabeth's.) He 'unknowingly' has spent a lot of time  with old friend/love/baby mama Liz, and even lived with her and his late son's brothers for a time. He enjoyed sort of 'being part of the family' (which never fully came to be in his 'previous life' because of the choices he and Liz both made). He's also connected with Sam, and gotten to know Danny a little.  He doesn't understand it, or what's going on in his brain concerning her, and neither does he. 

Soo... as Ron/writers had Patrick 'torn' between Sabrina and Robin when Robin returned, I will speculate Jason will have feelings for both women, so he'll also be 'torn' between his almost-family/family of late first-born son and the family he had just formed with Sam before he got shot on the pier. Yes, SBu's Jason clearly felt he and Liz didn't have a relationship to resurrect, but BM's Jason is very indecisive and the stone cold hitman side of him that scared Liz but Sam was fine with doesn't appear to exist in BM's Jason (when Helena's not involved, anyway).  Jason may well end up with Sam and even get all his memories back, but I see this getting drawn out for quite a while because he has much more history and more involved feelings with Liz than Patrick ever had with Sabrina.  I never believed Patrick "loved two women" but I might believe down the lines that Jason/Jake "loves two women."

I, too, will laugh when Patrick gets hurt/angry about being in competition w/Jason for Sam when they finally figure out or are told Jason is Jake.  Karma's not fun, huh doc?

• Love 5

Then it failed again with Hayden because Jakeson isn't even spending time with her or interacting with her.

That's my issue too. And the writing they are churning out about Jake and his "wife" is acting like they are together all the time or something but not in the scenes I have seen. There is no connection there, they aren't even trying. Big fail.

I am mildly looking forward to nurses ball, but again could be all hype and no delivery. That could be said for most of the show heh..

• Love 2

I think as far as the Genie coming back thing goes for me, meh.

I realized she's probably gonna be back just in time for the Stavros/Lulu embryo/baby/horribleawfulidea to come to light, and it did dampen my satisfaction a little. bleh.

If the writers are that stuck, pull the plug on this sucker while it still has some dignity. It just all smacks of desperation, and desperation is never pretty.

I don't think it's desperation on the part of the writers to want the other half of the show's most famous pairing on the show. Now, say, bringing on Richard Simmons smacks of desperation. That said, maybe that is why they brought her back. If they pull the plug on this sucker any time soon, then bringing back Laura would be a natural choice.

• Love 6

Olivia is still one of the most useless characters on this show and I still wonder why she exists ugh.

I hope Jake/Jason stay with Liz I don't want Sam or Danny near him.

• Love 1
I, too, will laugh when Patrick gets hurt/angry about being in competition w/Jason for Sam when they finally figure out or are told Jason is Jake. Karma's not fun, huh doc?

I'll just roll my eyes. Jason/Jake is their sole topic of conversation. It's not so much karma as self-fulfilling prophecy.

• Love 5

I'll just roll my eyes. Jason/Jake is their sole topic of conversation. It's not so much karma as self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat, waiting for this show to pretend like Sam is truly ~torn~.

Although, for real, I'm legit excited for Robin to find out that Patrick fell in love and moved someone in AGAIN. Like, that's so fucking hilarious and I need a proper reax from her.

• Love 1
(edited)

I realized she's probably gonna be back just in time for the Stavros/Lulu embryo/baby/horribleawfulidea to come to light, and it did dampen my satisfaction a little. bleh.

I don't think it's desperation on the part of the writers to want the other half of the show's most famous pairing on the show. Now, say, bringing on Richard Simmons smacks of desperation. That said, maybe that is why they brought her back. If they pull the plug on this sucker any time soon, then bringing back Laura would be a natural choice.

Oh. I think it totally smacks of desperation. Perhaps if the show were doing well and didn't need the boost, I would agree. It's a stunt to try and grab ratings, or so they think. I think it's too little, too late.

Edited: removed what I really want to say, that I know I shouldn't re: that whole subject.  :)

Edited by IWantCandy71

Although, for real, I'm legit excited for Robin to find out that Patrick fell in love and moved someone in AGAIN. Like, that's so fucking hilarious and I need a proper reax from her.

I'm not. With MoRon thinking PatPrick is Robin's OTP, he will have Robin apologizing and begging for forgiveness. Worse, he will have PatPrick half-assed apology with Robin telling him his absolutely perfect, not to blame hisself and nothing is his fault.

I think I just threw up in my mouth. I had MoRon the ReRon.

I haven't watch in a couple weeks but I'm going to try to catch today's show.

• Love 3

I'm sitting on the edge of my seat, waiting for this show to pretend like Sam is truly ~torn~

Yeah, I don't know why they are pretending Sam is or should be torn about this. Her father is Olivia' s baby daddy and she has no friendship formed with Olivia or Ned, so why would she be torn?

Or are you talking about Patrick vs. Jason? Either way, no contest.

• Love 2

Save the tomatoes and your throwing arms, please, but I was thrilled to see Britt. Her friendship with Brad was one of my favorite things that Ron had written. I even enjoyed her with Nikolas, although that relationship was pretty much doomed from the start. I was sorry to see her go, and I'm going to enjoy having her back for the short time that we do. 

No tomatoes from me. I liked Britt and was sorry to see her go. I will *  maybe *  watch her return with Brad. Did she bring ice cream ?

• Love 5

No tomatoes from me. I liked Britt and was sorry to see her go. I will *  maybe *  watch her return with Brad. Did she bring ice cream ?

They had a tub of ice cream with two spoons when Dr. O interrupted them.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm not. With MoRon thinking PatPrick is Robin's OTP, he will have Robin apologizing and begging for forgiveness. Worse, he will have PatPrick half-assed apology with Robin telling him his absolutely perfect, not to blame hisself and nothing is his fault.

I think I just threw up in my mouth. I had MoRon the ReRon.

Would Ron really be that cruel? End Robin's story by having her freed from captivity and then leave again depressed and sad that Patrick doesn't give a crap and has a new family? LMAO, Ron would, I know. *cries tears of annoyance*

I just want her angry and tell him to F off. Sigh.

The latter, OnceSane.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

Honestly, I feel my right to complain is diminished by the fact that I'm not subjecting myself to this anymore. But yeah, what you said. It doesn't take perfect writing to simply tie up loose ends and have point to your story, have rootable characters, be consistent, etc.

It's like they are slapping band aids on stab wounds. Casting Rebecca Budig and bringing back Genie Francis doesn't change the fact that the writing is awful.

When a problem goes down to the root, you pull up the root. Or burn it. Or whatnot. Treating the branches of a tree with a decaying root is useless. Horrible analogy maybe, but accurate.

• Love 2

Can't they think up anything new for the Nurses' Ball?  Ned croaks out a tune, the guys strip (3rd year in a row?), the Haunted Harlots dance.  Maybe Brenduh can show up and pitch breadrolls at everyone.

• Love 4