Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

It is sad that Sabrina seems to be the only person in Port Charles who mastered the "connect the dots" worksheets in preschool.  Sam, the private detective, can not connect the dots to see that Jake is Jason.  Patrick, the brain surgeon, and Anna, former spy, police chief and federal agent, can not connect the dots that Robin is being held by Helena. 

Don't even get me started the cavalcade of incompetent hitmen, who work for the local mob families.  All that I am going to say that if you break into someone's suite in Carly's hotel you need to break in, do the job, and get out before she uses her master key to barge into said room.  Granted I am not a hired killer, but I would know enough to shut off my cell before starting the (job).  I sure as hell would not stop "working" to answer a call from Sabrina. 

• Love 6

I feel like Whitley's mom, yelling at the tv. God. DIE, Just Die Already! And that actually goes for several characters.

Dance like the wind, Carrlos. Whatever. I don't care because I need some characters dead. This is what this show does to me.

• Love 3

So Morgan does know they'd go to prison for a very long time. He's getting smarter! 

Ew, why is Kiki getting all the conscience. Also she is horrible at the acting.

ha at Carlos' "oh come ON" face when Carly was like, wait! The last time Jake had a black duffel bag it had a gun it.

• Love 5

I know! WTF? Who cares if Lauren feels guilty? Get rid of her one way or another so I never have to see her again.

"You told your uncle we committed a felony?" How is drugging someone a felony? Morgan is a complete dumbass.

STFU, Sonny. Gah, he's tiresome. And LOL that his guys haven't found Avery. When do they ever?

The attempts to show us that no, no Sonny and Michael really did give a fuck Avery was missing were ridiculous.

• Love 1

Wouldn't stealing drugs put them in prison for a while? I dunno about drugging someone. But there has to be some prison time somewhere in between those two actions.

• Love 1

It is sad that Sabrina seems to be the only person in Port Charles who mastered the "connect the dots" worksheets in preschool.  Sam, the private detective, can not connect the dots to see that Jake is Jason.  Patrick, the brain surgeon, and Anna, former spy, police chief and federal agent, can not connect the dots that Robin is being held by Helena. 

Don't even get me started the cavalcade of incompetent hitmen, who work for the local mob families.  All that I am going to say that if you break into someone's suite in Carly's hotel you need to break in, do the job, and get out before she uses her master key to barge into said room.  Granted I am not a hired killer, but I would know enough to shut off my cell before starting the (job).  I sure as hell would not stop "working" to answer a call from Sabrina. 

Or, if they don't get out before Carly master keys her way into the room, just go ahead and kill her, too.  No great loss to society. 

• Love 5

I don't understand the thinking that JT should have left when KM did either. 

People want their couples to get a happy ending? I don't think he was under an obligation to, but I would have liked it. Am I gonna curse the guy out on twitter or say he was under obligation or something to the fans to do it? No, and he wasn't, but I wish the story went to the other way.

• Love 6

People want their couples to get a happy ending? I don't think he was under an obligation to, but I would have liked it. Am I gonna curse the guy out on twitter or say he was under obligation or something to the fans to do it? No, and he wasn't, but I wish the story went to the other way.

Yeah. And besides that, what exactly has Patrick done of any importance since KMc's exit? I could see him staying if Noah and/or Matt was around and have some story with them.

But he had a failed story with Sabrina and now he is a mere placeholder for the great JaSam. It's clear as day this regime gives no shits about the character. (Well, this regime gives no shits for anyone except Kiki, Nina, Franco and, frankly, all others who suck and bore.)

So is it fair to wish Patrick off with Robin? Perhaps not, but staying has done the character no favors with this regime.

• Love 7

I asked this earlier, since when is drugging someone a felony? 

It doesn't, but it IS assault.  It would rise to the level of a felony if a weapon was used.  I don't know if "drugs" would be considered a weapon, but is an assault charge.  Throw in stealing the drugs, and it will amount to criminal charges. 

I have to say that I did like those scenes with Sonny and Michael.  I think CD and MB have a good chemistry, and I think it was the first time those two characters have actually had a quiet conversation.  Michael hasn't forgiven him, but at least they can talk to each other.  I'm curious to see how this turns out tomorrow when Michael and Sonny confronts Morgan and Kiki.  Morgan and Kiki had planned to switch out the drugs and then lie, but Michael has put all the pieces together.  They're screwed.

Edited by Bishop

I forgot they stole the drugs. 

Not just any drug, a schedule 4 controlled substance like Xanax would definitely be an arrestable offense.  I hope Michael presses charges against those 2 morons.  Xanax and alcohol could have been a deadly combination. 

I ff'ed through most of the show today.  It's sad when I am most interested in what Sabrina has to say.  I actually like her now.  Crazy.

• Love 1

I don't understand the thinking that JT should have left when KM did either.

I don't know anything about JT or wish unemployment on him. I'm sure he's nice and I don't think he's a bad actor. But sometimes the story calls for the exit of a character.

I think Patrick could have been viable without Robin. But he's never had the proper writing for it. If Sabrina had been a much better written character, Patrick being torn when Robin came back would have made sense and could have caused a natural break up / joint custody of Emma arrangement for Scrubs (allowing Robin a reasonably happy life offscreen, occasional visits, and possible Scrubs reconciliation if JT quit).

The current writers have made him look ridiculous. This story makes everyone look ridiculous. Patrick being written off would've been better.

• Love 8

Drugging Michael was falls under Section 120.05, Assault in the second degree, under the New York Penal code:

"A person is guilty of assault in the second degree when ...  For a purpose other than lawful medical or therapeutic treatment, he intentionally causes stupor, unconsciousness or other physical impairment or injury to another person by administering to him, without his consent, a drug, substance or preparation capable of producing the same..."

Assault in the second degree is a class D felony. You can get up to 7 years for it.

• Love 16

I gotta say, if it really was Silas who took Avery he really is a bit of a dick. See, this is the problem with the pacing. I guess it's only supposed to have been a day or two but it seems like weeks already.

• Love 7

Drugging Michael was falls under Section 120.05, Assault in the second degree, under the New York Penal code:

"A person is guilty of assault in the second degree when ... For a purpose other than lawful medical or therapeutic treatment, he intentionally causes stupor, unconsciousness or other physical impairment or injury to another person by administering to him, without his consent, a drug, substance or preparation capable of producing the same..."

Assault in the second degree is a class D felony. You can get up to 7 years for it.

Yay, a fellow law nerd! Can we talk about the fact that I feel like a traitor because I'm a female lawyer who has never liked Alexis much? Hee.

Of course, I don't see Kiki and Morgan getting into actual legal trouble over this. Not on this show, where murder is hand waved on the regular. It's just such a dumb, nonsensical story. WHY do these idiots care so much about this baby's custody that they would do this?

• Love 5

Yay, a fellow law nerd! Can we talk about the fact that I feel like a traitor because I'm a female lawyer who has never liked Alexis much? Hee.

Of course, I don't see Kiki and Morgan getting into actual legal trouble over this. Not on this show, where murder is hand waved on the regular. It's just such a dumb, nonsensical story. WHY do these idiots care so much about this baby's custody that they would do this?

I liked Alexis when she first appeared in 1996.  Of course, I liked practically everything about GH in 1996.  One of GH's strongest years ever.

Now, I can't stand Alexis. It's bordering on vitriolic.  The faux teen ager act.  The trying too hard to be sexy with the ever present décolletage.  The horrible dialogue. Then again, all characters are afflicted with that.

Of course nothing will happen to Pinky and the Brainless.  We have serial killers running around town.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4

I don't know anything about JT or wish unemployment on him. I'm sure he's nice and I don't think he's a bad actor. But sometimes the story calls for the exit of a character.

I think Patrick could have been viable without Robin. But he's never had the proper writing for it. If Sabrina had been a much better written character, Patrick being torn when Robin came back would have made sense and could have caused a natural break up / joint custody of Emma arrangement for Scrubs (allowing Robin a reasonably happy life offscreen, occasional visits, and possible Scrubs reconciliation if JT quit).

The current writers have made him look ridiculous. This story makes everyone look ridiculous. Patrick being written off would've been better.

I agree that sometimes a storyline calls for the exit of a character but Robin's exit should't dictate Patrick's JT. I was responding to someone saying that though the writing for Robin is shit,  KMc gets a paycheck when she does come back. She shouldn't forfeit it just because TPTB can't or won't write a viable exit for Robin.

I am applying the same reasonable logic to JT/Patrick. Yeah, the writing for Patrick has been shit but it doesn't mean he should have packed his bags and followed Robin off screen. He also gets that paycheck in spite of the writing.

Of all the characters getting shitty writing, and you would be hard pressed to find one who is exempted, Patrick's writing is the least shittiest of them. Until JT start barking like dog or made to stand around shirtless all the time, the writing for Patrick is heads and above many on the screen. 

Most every character would be better off if they were killed off before RC took ahold of them.

• Love 3

Michael did call Sonny, dad, today so maybe his is on the road to forgiveness.

Not ready for it. Although I am really interested to see the fallout with Morgan, Michael, Sonny, and Carly (couldn't care less about Kiki). I think all four actors have the ability to make those scenes great, and I'm looking forward to it. I want all of Morgan's daddy issues to come out, I want Michael to stay angry at Carly and Sonny even as they take his side against Morgan, I want so much.

• Love 13

Not ready for it. Although I am really interested to see the fallout with Morgan, Michael, Sonny, and Carly (couldn't care less about Kiki). I think all four actors have the ability to make those scenes great, and I'm looking forward to it. I want all of Morgan's daddy issues to come out, I want Michael to stay angry at Carly and Sonny even as they take his side against Morgan, I want so much.

Sigh.......I guess all we can hope for now is to see Morgan and Kiki destroyed - or at the very least scorned for what they did.  But the price is going to be some sort of peace between Michael and the Fusilli who raised him and the Wildebeeste who bore him.  Which will lead to some sort of embrace.....shudder.....

Otherwise, all I can say is Jordan can go play in traffic along with Shawn.  So she LUVS him, huh, and that means she can turn on Anna.  I had no idea that Jordan was really so swept away by 2 Minute Shawn.  Especially since I'm POSITIVE he can no more hit the target with her than he can with anyone else.  Her brain must be in pain from all those extensions.

Sad day, isn't it, when Sabrina really WAS the best character on screen, other than Anna.

• Love 6

Are we supposed to be surprised when characters who are basically living together say I Love You?  I could get Brad & Lucas - they had a lot of turmoil plus it wasn't always clear that it was more than sex.  But Jordan & Shawn?  Maxie & Nathan?  Patrick & Sam?  Why wouldn't they love each other?  Or at least think they do.  Isn't that the point of being together and talking about a future?  Maybe I'm sleep deprived but I don't get it.

Ha! I know, right? Poor guy just wants to get back to work. If I were him I would have just quietly slipped out and started walking. He isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Upon re watch, Sam was very accusatory toward Patrick.....dare I hope there is already trouble in paradise?

Jake should have hit up Nik for a ride. 

I have to say, Lulu trying to pawn off Valerie on Nik is pretty funny.  I half think that she's hoping Nik will make a move on Val.  How come no one has asked what Val does for work?  Has she gotten time off?  What's the dealio?

Why doesn't anyone take the shot the moment it's possible? Not that I want Duke dead, but Carrrlos had plenty of opportunity to shoot Duke. And Duke's stooge had more than once chance to shoot Jordan. 

I thought Carlos had plenty of opportunity to clean house.  First he could have gotten Duke & Shawn.  But no, he needs to talk to Sabrrrrrrrrina.  Then he could have taken out Carly, Spinelli, Duke and Shawn. But no.  He better not wing TJ by mistake.

Sad day, isn't it, when Sabrina really WAS the best character on screen, other than Anna.

So I put my mind on freeze during Anna scenes (because whoever is writing her dialogue just plain sucks) and remembered her when she first came on the show.  She really could use Robert F! Scorpio around now.   At least she has been rocking in her wardrobe and Jordan's hair is thing of wonder.  It's hard to watch a show where soap opera thugs - Sonny and Jason - are put on a pedestal and where Doctors and Surgeons on a show called General HOSPITAL are the characters most likely to either end up in jail (or as actors have the least job security).   At least the previews finally indicate that our princess Sabrina can throw some shade (smirk) at Morgan.   That's about all that I am looking forward to in today's episode. 

• Love 3

To add to the "Was drugging Micheal a crime?" discussion /debate..... yes. I'm not a lawyer and I know that. Around 1992, there were an influx of sexual assaults caused by men drugging the drinks of women. That's when it became a crime to drug someone's drink or do what's called "drink spiking". When Kiki told Julian, she even referred to it as a "roofie", which is a common term for the date rape drug. (Which adds a creepier element if you consider that both Morgan & Kiki knew Micheal was raped, yet gleefully spiked his meds with a date rape drug and the guy who facilitated his rape laughed at the results in tv.) Most likely any meds that they switched for Micheal's pills had to be tightly restricted, so yes. Morgan and Kiki are in a lot of trouble.

• Love 5

Michael did call Sonny, dad

Urgh.  I missed that.  Thankfully.

Agreed.  And, I'll add, I never want Michael to forgive Sonny or Carly.  Ever.  Yes, I know it will happen eventually, but do me a favor, Show, and make it a good long time.

How come no one has asked what Val does for work?  Has she gotten time off?  What's the dealio?

Perhaps she could become Spencer's governess.  And, with time and care, he could become a decent human being (who knows what "townie" means).  Goodness knows, it's not happening under the tender hand of his father.

So, not that long ago, T.J. was all affronted at the idea of accepting the gift of a car from his mom when it, he thinks, was paid for with mob money, but he's A-okay with accepting Duke's tuition offer?  'Mmmkay.  And when did he get over the whole "you had an affair with my mom and killed my dad" thing with Shawn?  Did that happen on Twitter?  Mental note:  Get on Twitter.  It's where the best stuff happens.

• Love 7

Wouldn't stealing drugs put them in prison for a while? I dunno about drugging someone. But there has to be some prison time somewhere in between those two actions.

It would be an assault.  Any touching of another person's body that is unpermitted is at the least offensive touching and the touching does not have to be direct and would include this drugging.

I agree - it has little to do with malice towards actor, it's just about the writing.  And actors likely don't expect to stay forever, as it is in the nature of their business to go from project to project for the most part.

I liked Alexis when she first appeared in 1996.  Of course, I liked practically everything about GH in 1996.  One of GH's strongest years ever.

Now, I can't stand Alexis. It's bordering on vitriolic.  The faux teen ager act.  The trying too hard to be sexy with the ever present décolletage.  The horrible dialogue. Then again, all characters are afflicted with that.

I like her in the late 90s and early 2000s when she was much more of a lawyer.  They had her referring to court appearances and depositions.  They may have even consulted a real lawyer for a scene where she prepared Zander to testify in court.  Of course I always laughed at how thin her files were and how much she could do with mere phone calls, but they at least made some effort.  Now, not so much.

The scene with Julian and Jakeson was a real effort to drop Jason anvils - but we already know he is Jason.  Might have been more effective to with Sonny, as Julian doesn't have the long term association with Jason.  He maybe did not even know him?  I think Jason was gone by the time Julian came to town, or defiantly was gone before Sam learned Julian was her father.

It's sad when I am most interested in what Sabrina has to say.  I actually like her now.  Crazy.

It still bothers me so much that Sabrina is like my second fave character now. Fuck this show! You win, Ron. 

Michael did call Sonny, dad, today so maybe his is on the road to forgiveness.

I thought I heard that and I wondered if everyone in town heard my scream afterwards. Then I thought maybe I misheard and he didn't say 'dad,' but I couldn't bring myself to rewind and check.

Otherwise, all I can say is Jordan can go play in traffic along with Shawn.

This. They've ruined Jordan completely. And all for Shawn, a completely useless and horrible character. Great job, writers! Keep up the good work!

• Love 6

They've ruined Jordan completely. And all for Shawn, a completely useless and horrible character. Great job, writers! Keep up the good work!

She had so much potential and she's being ruined for a crappy guy who did not hesitate to out her to his boss based on nothing but his suspicions. Shawn made no attempt to protect her or to protect his son from losing her. He's just the worst

• Love 6

I thought I heard that and I wondered if everyone in town heard my scream afterwards. Then I thought maybe I misheard and he didn't say 'dad,' but I couldn't bring myself to rewind and check.

I didn't hear him call Sonny "dad".  I could have missed it but I feel like that would have stuck out because I am adamantly against Michael ever forgiving Sonny.  He did reference losing AJ (Senior - not baby AJ) so maybe he was talking about AJ as "dad" and not Sonny.  At least I hope that's what it was.

• Love 1

He started to say 'dad' to Sonny but caught himself and did't finish it. They've been doing that for awhile, having him almost call Sonny 'dad' and then backtrack. This time he got as far as saying 'da' before stopping. The reconciliation is coming. I'm so sad.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

It still bothers me so much that Sabrina is like my second fave character now. Fuck this show! You win, Ron.

I still hold on to my hate for her due to her being an attempted baby killer. And no, her apologies and Ava's acceptance of her apology won't make me change my mind. Once I hate someone, it's very difficult to get me to change my mind. It certainly won't happen by her being around boring ass Michael.

This might just be me, but I don't understand why Morgan is being given no POV whatsoever. He's just basically made out to be a completely disgusting and vile ass. What kind of crap writing is that? I don't buy Morgan being this completely unfeeling towards Michael. It doesn't make sense to me at all. He wasn't even this mad at Michael when he stole Kiki away from him (not that she was any great prize). He went undercover as a mole in Sonny's organization since Julian threatened to kill his family, specifically Michael, and he still wasn't buddy buddy with him again yet. I guess you guys will say that it's all to win Sonny's love, but I don't think he would resort to such drastic measures and then just refuse to give a fuck. He isn't a monster. He isn't Franco.

There are lots of candidates for bad writing, but personally I think Morgan's at the very top of the list.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 5

Yesterday had some good points and then there is Spinelli and Carly! Carrloss and his hair of wonder lost points with me for not using his big ass gun to kill that beaty eyed cretan.

Jake may be boring but the level of pretty in scenes with Jake and Julian almost hypnotized me. They look really good together. MEOW!

Aww I liked Sonny and Michael. I'm glad they are going to join together even if it is against poor stupid Morgan. I've never liked Morgan but I do feel bad for him not b/c of what he did but because he is so stupid. Kiki can just take a long walk off a short pier though.

I want Jordan to dock roll Anna. ugh!

Smug Sabrina and her paper waving is too much also. I loathe that goodie two shoes. Her phone call with Carlos was so annoying.

• Love 1

This might just be me, but I don't understand why Morgan is being given no POV whatsoever. 

Because they don't want Michael OR Sonny to be the main villain of the piece, so Morgan gets the brunt. 

I agree with you though. I can buy Morgan would sink this low if he really wanted something, but to feel zero remorse? Not have a line about how he doesn't want to do it but he has to? Why is useless, so-pointless-it-hurts Kiki the one showing hesitation? bleh.

• Love 7

There's nothing in soaps I hate more than the "How DARE you accuse me of something I totally did!" defense so I'm glad "Operation Alcoholic" blew up in Morgan's face today.

But I cannot believe no blame or blowback landed on Kiki.  When Michael was pondering what happened to create this huge rift between him and Morgan, I was like, "Kiki, KIKI HAPPENED!!!"  Man I hate her.

Also, Sonny (a confessed murderer) being outraged at how far Morgan went was beyond ridiculous.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 15

Also, Sonny (a confessed murderer) being outraged at how far Morgan went was beyond ridiculous.

its always fun to see Carly and Sonny outraged by shit they have done or will do themselves.  Ah hypocrisy.  What would soaps do without it?

And I thought Michael would get AJ'd.  But apparently its Morgan who is getting the over the top writing (i.e., see AJ choking Connie).  Its just crappy heavy handed writing.

Edited by ch1
  • Love 7

Yeah, Morgan's utter lack of remorse is gross. He's acting like he would be glad if Michael was just gone (died or disappeared) and his anger at Michael's very accurate accusations was so WTF. His attempts at lying his way out of the situation was laughably terrible. I'm assuming that Duke bug-eyed look of shock when Jordan walked in was intended to be UCG? Because it was kinda hilarious. And his very obvious shock that she's alive didn't even register with Jordan? Ookkkk. 

LMAO at the preview of Morgan looking at baby AJ and wondering, "How'd she get into the apartment?"  He really is such a moron.

Perhaps Snarly will be the one who will go off on Kiki for hurting her precious son.

This was my thought too, because Kiki was "so in love" with Michael up until a few months ago. "How could you do this to the man you loved so much Kiki?!" not seeing the irony re: her most recent ex-husband, Jax. 

• Love 6

Why can't Jordan and Anna just be badasses fighting crime? They're so awesome when they get to do that 

Also? Why does Carlos have chemistry with everyone? This is the first time I've actually wanted Hayden to proposition someone

• Love 8

Why are they trying to make us think Ava is dead?  Does anyone in the audience truly think Ava is dead?

Hah!  Now folks really will think Morgan kidnapped A.J.

I want Anna to be smart again.

• Love 3

Are Morgan and Kiki trying to get Michael to lose custody so Sonny will get the baby? So they can somehow raise the baby themselves? Because they think growing up in foster care will be swell for the baby? Do they even know at this point?

• Love 3