Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: The Blind Auditions, Part 4

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Adam had a very good night with Viktor and the twins at the end.

I had a fondness for the young girl who sang "Brand New Key."  What an awesomely odd choice.  I thought that showed a lot of personality, and she was better than some of them that they picked.

Gwen really does have a hard time going head to head with the others.

• Love 2

I find this year of contestants to be a bit on the generic side. They're all starting to blend together in terms of age, looks, sound. The only people that have honestly stood out to me so far are the people that don't sound/look like all the others which might be 5 or 6 singers in this entire bunch. The quality certainly seems to have dropped this year. Poor Gwen keeps getting these off seasons.

Sometimes it boggles my mind what the judges will hit their buttons for. They'll turn after three seconds for the most mediocre singers but will sit on their hands for days for singers that actually have really good voices. It's bizarre.

I did like tonight's ep the best so far because there was a little more diversity in terms of genre and sound. Overall there were a good group of singers tonight.

I wish the judges (mostly Adam and Gwen) would stop going into hysterics about the teenagers. Wow you've been on this planet for fifteen years and can make noises that don't sound half bad!! Amazing!!! OooOoOOoooo. Get a grip.

Edited by Village
  • Love 7

Perhaps I am mean, but I was so glad that Ms. Southern Belle (the almost-straight-A student dressed in all black) went 0 for 4. She seemed to be begging for that lesson in humility during her intro.

She did admit that her lack of training leaves her with a limited range.

Perhaps I am mean, but I was so glad that Ms. Southern Belle (the almost-straight-A student dressed in all black) went 0 for 4. She seemed to be begging for that lesson in humility during her intro.

I know! "I really want to get a 4-chair turn. If I don't turn all 4, it'll be like that B I got in high school."

Gag. (And I'll say that as a former Lisa Simpson "evaluate me!" grade whore). It's immaturity, and she'll likely grow out of it, but it's off-putting.

I also found her singing to be very affected. "I've got a brand new pair of rollershkites..."

/end mean rant

• Love 6

Team rosters/cheat sheets:

Team Adam

Keith Semple (2)

Jordan Smith (4)

Regina Love (2)

James Dupré (4)

Amanda Ayala (3)

Manny Cabo (4)

Cassandra Robertson (1)*

Chance Peña (1)

Viktor Király (4)

Andi & Alex (4)

Team Gwen

Kota Wade (3)

Braiden Sunshine (2)

Ellie Lawrence (3)

Noah Jackson (1)*

Tim Atlas (1)*

Hanna Ashbrook (1)*

Jeffery Austin (1)

Lyndsey Elm (4)

Korin Bukowski (1)

Alex Kandel (2)

Team Pharrell

Mark Hood (4)

Siahna Im (3)

Ivonne Acero (2)

Evan McKeel (4)

Madi Davis (2)

Riley Biederer (1)*

Daria Jazmin (3)*

Jubal & Amanda (2)

Darius Scott (3)

Celeste Betton (1)

Team Blake

Nadjah Nicole (2)

Barrett Baber (4)

Blind Joe (4)

Zach Seabaugh (3)

Emily Ann Roberts (2)

Morgan Frazier (2)

Chris Crump (4)

Tyler Dickerson (1)

Krista Hughes (4)

Cole Criske (3)

Names in bold indicate someone who has been newly added to a team.  The number in parentheses indicates the number of chairs to turn for each contestant.  An asterisk indicates that this contestant was montaged.

Liked Darius a lot and was afraid he'd pick Adam.  Gwen and Pharrell were both better fits for him, and I'm glad he chose Pharrell.

Korin was good.  Very good.  I'm surprised no one went for her other than Gwen, unless Adam and Pharrell were already full by then.

Loved Krista.  She'll make a great addition to Team Blake.

Janae Strothers . . . something about her felt like a no-chair turn, so I wasn't surprised about it.  Especially with choosing "Uptown Funk" for her song.

Chance Peña looks like a Hispanic version of Casey Moss, who plays J.J. Deveraux on Days of our Lives.  Mystifying that only Adam turned for him, though.  I appreciated Gwen saying that Adam can be very dumb in Battle and Knockout decisions and will likely steal him.

The Hungarian guy, Viktor, was pretty good.  But once again, another artist who'll be wasted on Adam.  Then again, I think almost anyone who picks Adam will be wasted on him.

@DownTheShore, I don't think Julie Broadus needed that much humbling.  She was a bit over an overachiever, but nothing heinous.  But I agree with that she actually sounded better than many of the ones who actually managed the chair turns.

Cole sounded just gorgeous.  And that's one good addition picked up by Blake.  But I thought Gwen made a good pitch to him.  I guess mentioning Xenia is what did it for him.

Alex Kandel was fine, but not wonderful.  I hope Gwen can work well with her.

Tom Rhodes, Junior Reed, and T'alia Scott, from what I could hear, definitely weren't worthy of chair turns.

Celeste was all right.  I hope she can really bring it in the Battles, though.

Andi & Alex had a phenomenal harmony.  But why do these people keep wasting themselves on Adam?!  He'll be of no help to them at all!  He'd better hope he doesn't dump them quickly as he did to Alaska & Madi and Dawn & Hawkes.  And thanks a lot for returning him to his "King of the Four-Chair Turns" smugness.

Anyone ever notice that they're showing a lot more one-chair turns this season?  They're usually montaged.

Edited by Paron Xanthis
  • Love 1

I wish the judges (mostly Adam and Gwen) would stop going into hysterics about the teenagers.

Gwen goes through the same "Oh my God" act every time she sees that a singer is young. Which is especially ridiculous, considering that about two-thirds of the contestants this year have been teenagers. And most of them do sound really young, so what is she expecting? What would be more shocking this season is turning around to see a contestant who's over 30, or even 25. How many of those have there been?

I wouldn't have cared about the Georgia girl's entitled attitude if she sang better. But she had that uber affected voice that some girls use because they thinks it makes them sound quirky and "artistic." Even worse, she could not hit the high notes that are sort of the whole point of that song.

Celeste, the woman with the military background, was barely competent. She's lucky she even got one chair. In the past we could always depend on The Voice to have two or three good soul singers with a blues or gospel edge. That's one of several things lacking this year.

The twins were good, but enough already with the "this is my/our last chance" thing for people who are barely into their 20s. Please spare us the fake melodrama. Even worse was that guy last night who was crying about how he'd "lost everything." No dude. People sleeping in a cardboard box under a bridge are the ones who have lost everything.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 10

At the end of Christa Hughes (?), Blake was twisting his wedding ring. When was this taped?

That is a good question and I was wondering the same; especially when Pharrell announced to one of the contestants that he had won this competition. I was always under the assumption that the blind auditions were taped while the current season is showing  the battle or knockout rounds. 

Kelly Clarkson basically live tweeted the show tonight. Where do I sign to get her as a coach next season? She would be amazing.

Oh man, now you have me imagining Kelly up there which would be incredible! Can we swap her in?

I, too, hate the histrionics, especially when they seem unwarranted and happen so often (Gwen, Adam). I have to laugh when the chosen one or duo just gushes afterward, I was going to pick Pharrell, but, Adam just showed so much interest and passion for ME (yes for that two minutes).

Too bad it doesn't last.

I think that, perhaps, Xenia had told Cole about  Blake's coaching which seems to extend beyond the show. Since so few will actually get far, it just makes sense to pick a coach that, if he believes in you, will help you both on and off the show.

Not saying the others won't, but, Blake really seems to help out, having some sing with him or on his albums, in his videos, etc.

I'm interested in a few singers so far, but, I'm finding more often than not, they are on Blake's team, which worries me a bit because I know he can only take such a limited few. I suppose the steal might help, but, that means cutting others.

In particular, I loved Morgan Frazier. Her voice gave me chills. Same with Krista Hughes who sang one of my faves, Angel From Montgomery.

If they go up against one another, I'll be sick. These are people I would listen to and buy music from so I hope they don't disappear even if they don't get far in the competition. 

Also, Blake has more than a few others I like. 

Oh yeah, I kind of dug Blind Joe, I remember as well. Nadjah was good, and Chris Crump also.

Lots of good women singers this year!

• Love 1

I adored Cole Criske. Usually I'm not into precious young singers but there was a genuine delivery about his performance and even his sob story I understood. He sang the song in the most honest way possible.

There is really a lot of people I like on Blake's team. I guess I like those sort of low key singers that end up choosing him.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 1

I can't wait for the blinds to be over so that I don't have to see Gwen's atrociously red outfit again (her hairstyle is grating too).

If Adam doesn't manage to win or at least go to the finale with the twins he's an idiot. I honestly wanted to hate them because of their constant giggliness but they sounded amazing and now they might actually be my favorites so far this season. Cole Criske sounded really good too.

Edited by glitterpants
  • Love 2

Yeah, I'm hating on the youngsters too.  This show used to be filled with singers who'd been performing for years in whatever venue they could, and needed a nudge to the next level....didn't it?  Now it's "I sing at church and was in my high school talent show".

• Love 5
The twins were good, but enough already with the "this is my/our last chance" thing for people who are barely into their 20s. Please spare us the fake melodrama. Even worse was that guy last night who was crying about how he'd "lost everything." No dude. People sleeping in a cardboard box under a bridge are the ones who have lost everything.

I was kind of luke warm on Jeffrey Austin (I think he was on Blinds #3), but guy went to college, has a degree in PR and was working in NYC when he decided to give music another shot by trying out for the show.  I hope he beats the entire lot of the under 30 crowd who spewed the "last chance" line just because he has some perspective.

More than that delusional overly dramatic "last chance" mindset, I harbor special hatred for the parents who structure their whole lives around pushing their oh-so-special snowflake to succeed.  There's being supportive of your crotch fruit's dreams, but there is a whole barrel of guilt they add if crotch fruit doesn't make it. 

I liked Korin.  I liked her singing and her attitude.  She strikes me as genuinely flakey, quirky and odd - not affected flakey, quirky and odd.

• Love 9

Adam had a very good night with Viktor and the twins at the end.

I had a fondness for the young girl who sang "Brand New Key."  What an awesomely odd choice.  I thought that showed a lot of personality, and she was better than some of them that they picked.

Gwen really does have a hard time going head to head with the others.

She sang that song EXACTLY like Melanie, who wrote it,  did in the original.  They all saw that she was merely copying her style. 

• Love 2

I can't wait for the blinds to be over so that I don't have to see Gwen's atrociously red outfit again (her hairstyle is grating too).

If Adam doesn't manage to win or at least go to the finale with the twins he's an idiot. I honestly wanted to hate them because of their constant giggliness but they sounded amazing and now they might actually be my favorites so far this season. Cole Criske sounded really good too.

I agree with all of this except the part about Gwen's outfit.  I LOVE it. LOVE. 

Yeah, I'm hating on the youngsters too.  This show used to be filled with singers who'd been performing for years in whatever venue they could, and needed a nudge to the next level....didn't it?  Now it's "I sing at church and was in my high school talent show".

I'm with ya.   I'd rather see the older, more seasoned performers who have actually spent years working at it than a bunch of 15 year olds.  

• Love 1

IMO, the thing about teens on this show is that so many viewers find them endearing and cute and having so much "potential," and so they can't help voting for them. (Exhibit A: Sawyer Fredericks, whom I found cute but overrated)

You know what I love about The Great British Baking Show? Reasonably qualified judges vote right up to the end. No throwing the final voting open to the viewers at home. Brilliant!

• Love 5

Kelly Clarkson basically live tweeted the show tonight. Where do I sign to get her as a coach next season? She would be amazing.

Who was Kelly referring to?  Wanting Gwen as a coach or Kelly coaching a contestant???

I'd love to see Kelly as a coach over any of the females they've had thus far.

At the end of Christa Hughes (?), Blake was twisting his wedding ring. When was this taped?

Good point.  They joked about his drinking some thus far as well.  Could be this was taped before the demise of his marriage and before treatment (I read he entered rehab recently...not sure if it's true or not, though).

So far, there aren't any performers who scream "star" but I'm ok with that.  I think he hype over the ones who do scream "star" is their death knell.  The non-star vocalists might have a better chance of post-show success since they might be more maleable, so to speak.

I'm putting my money on Adam thus far.  He has a strong team.  The others have a few good ones too, but Adam seems to have the strongest line up.

Edited by Jextella

Who was Kelly referring to?  Wanting Gwen as a coach or Kelly coaching a contestant???

I'd love to see Kelly as a coach over any of the females they've had thus far.

To clarify, I was saying Kelly was tweeting about the show. She was giving her impressions on a lot of the artists. I would like to see her as a coach. I

Ugh, these contestants and their manipulative back stories. I know, I should blame the producers, but the contestants all seem to cooperate eagerly in whatever exploitation the producers select. Which Voice favorites did we have last night? Single mother? Last chance Dad? Victim of high school bullies? Child of dead father who introduced child to music? Child of dysfunctional parents raised by adoring grandparents? Cancer victims, or child of cancer victim? Child of military family, with or without some loss in the line of duty? Every contestant under twenty who "MUST follow his/her passion?" And every contestant with children, or who works with children, competing to show the children how important it is to follow one's dreams? [To which I always cynically append "unless, of course, you have an unrealistic assessment of your own talent, in which case "following your dreams" or "your passion" is a sure road to disappointment and self-loathing for being such a failure.]

Anyway, there were a lot of them on display last night, to the point where I started to leave the room until I heard actual singing begin.

• Love 3

It's going to be a Game of Thrones/Lord of the Flies situation on Blake's team with all of the carnage from his cabal of country singers. It wouldn't surprise me if most of the steals come from his team.

I watched Viktor Kiraly's performances from the Eurovision song contest. He's going to be tough to beat. Part of me says it isn't fair that he's in this competition, but on the other hand, he could go very far in this competition.

The bow tied girl from Virginia who didn't get a chair to turn around should be horsewhipped for karaoking "Uptown Funk." Has she ever watched this show? Did she actually think they would turn for that?

• Love 1

I know! "I really want to get a 4-chair turn. If I don't turn all 4, it'll be like that B I got in high school."

Gag. (And I'll say that as a former Lisa Simpson "evaluate me!" grade whore). It's immaturity, and she'll likely grow out of it, but it's off-putting.

I also found her singing to be very affected. "I've got a brand new pair of rollershkites..."

/end mean rant

Yep, disliked her and loved that no one turned for her. She was aping Melanie, the original singer of that song, and all I could think is that there would be no other song she would be able to sing. I dreaded the thought of suffering through her twee, affected act over additional weeks. I know she is young, but there was no authentic bone in her body.

• Love 8

I watched Viktor Kiraly's performances from the Eurovision song contest. He's going to be tough to beat. Part of me says it isn't fair that he's in this competition, but on the other hand, he could go very far in this competition.

What's not fair? When it began, The Voice was supposed to be the show for people who were older and more mature than your typical American Idol contestant, and had some professional experience but were looking to take the next step in their career. If Viktor is successful in Hungary (hardly a giant market) but completely unknown in the U.S. (his native country) then going on The Voice makes perfect sense. In past seasons there have been contestants who have done national tours and made recordings as back-up singers, but wanted to make the break to having a solo career. Would you have said that wasn't fair? For me, it's what made The Voice more interesting and enjoyable than Idol. I want to hear singers who are really good at what they do, not have to cut some teenager slack because they've never been on stage before.

This season seems heavily skewed heavily towards teenagers and 20 years olds whose experience is limited to local coffee houses or the country fair. So I'm glad we have Viktor, and the few others (Alex) who have actually been out there doing it.

These people also tend to have more perspective, and know that if you want a career in music you have to be in it for the long haul. I'm tired of all the 16 year olds who say they love music, but act like they're only chance at a career is winning The Voice. I guess after last season, everyone imagines themselves as the next Sawyer Fredericks.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 6

i thought the overall level of talent in this episode may be the best we've had so far this season.  But that doesn't change the fact that it seems a particularly weak season.

My favorites of the night were the twins, Krista, Cole and Korin, in that order.  While I recognize Viktor came off like a seasoned pro next to the rest of them, he's just not the kind of singer that's ever appealed to me.  I do fear for the twins on Adam's team as he does not have a good track record with duos, but he did seem genuinely enthralled with them.  Perhaps this season will be the exception to the rule or that they will get stolen.

So far I think Blake, Adam and Gwen's teams are relatively evenly matched.  They each have 2 or 3 potential contenders.  I'm not as impressed with Pharrell's team, which is a real change from previous seasons.

I think the package explained fairly clearly why this may be their last chance at a career together.  One has gotten married and is about to start a family.  The other has a boyfriend in Vancouver and it makes sense that she would want to move to join him if nothing is happening with their music career.

Have that many of the teen auditioners acted like the Voice is their only chance at a career? Maybe a couple have mentioned they are torn (w/ family pressure thrown in) between college and pursuing a professional music career...but mostly it seems like almost all the acts (including the teens) rightly see the Voice as the biggest one-off opportunity that they may ever have regardless of how long they chase the dream. Outside of Alex from Sleeper Agent who got to perform on Letterman and at Coachella of course.

Along w/ Manny, I think Adam picked up two of his top three contenders with the Twins and Viktor. I can't think of a no-turn audition I'd trade him for but Chance Pena didn't deserve a spot on a team this season. He should've been someone who got politely turned down this time and then we see him back in 2017 or 2018.

Korin and Celeste didn't make much of a impression, Along w/ the Twins, Krista and Darius were my favorite auditions of the night. Blake's won w/ very contemporary sounding country females in Danielle and Cassaddee....it'll be interesting how he handles Krista's much more traditional style. Alex from Sleeper Agent is super intriguing, If Blake had turned, we might have witnessed a Cassaddee 2.0 morphing into country. But on Team Gwen I'm afraid there is going to be a lot of overlap between Elli, Kota, Lyndsay....Korin, and Hannah who got montaged all have similar "lanes" and only couple might be able to come through.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
The bow tied girl from Virginia who didn't get a chair to turn around should be horsewhipped for karaoking "Uptown Funk." Has she ever watched this show? Did she actually think they would turn for that?

I can't believe she thought that was a good song choice for this show.  I wonder if anyone tried to talk her out of it?  Plus, she taught music so you'd think she would have known better. 

• Love 1

There are so many singers that I like already, including most of Team Blake. I think a lot of good people are going to be cut completely--not really enough spaces for them even with the steal (which I'm so glad they added after S1. That really is great to save talent--and also to change up the team balance. I think Pharrell in particular may benefit when the time comes.).

• Love 1

Anyway, there were a lot of them on display last night, to the point where I started to leave the room until I heard actual singing begin.

This is exactly why this is a perfect DVR show.  I always skip through the contestant intros.

• Love 4

What's not fair? When it began, The Voice was supposed to be the show for people who were older and more mature than your typical American Idol contestant, and had some professional experience but were looking to take the next step in their career. If Viktor is successful in Hungary (hardly a giant market) but completely unknown in the U.S. (his native country) then going on The Voice makes perfect sense. In past seasons there have been contestants who have done national tours and made recordings as back-up singers, but wanted to make the break to having a solo career. Would you have said that wasn't fair? For me, it's what made The Voice more interesting and enjoyable than Idol. I want to hear singers who are really good at what they do, not have to cut some teenager slack because they've never been on stage before.

This season seems heavily skewed heavily towards teenagers and 20 years olds whose experience is limited to local coffee houses or the country fair. So I'm glad we have Viktor, and the few others (Alex) who have actually been out there doing it.

These people also tend to have more perspective, and know that if you want a career in music you have to be in it for the long haul. I'm tired of all the 16 year olds who say they love music, but act like they're only chance at a career is winning The Voice. I guess after last season, everyone imagines themselves as the next Sawyer Fredericks.

I'm not against Viktor being in the competition, and this from someone who loved Tessanne Chin. I'm just saying his experience will help him go along way. But a small part of me is just saying that his "experience" on singing talent shows may give him an slight advantage.

What made me gag was when Adam, during his pitch to the twins, said how important song choice was going to be for them because they're a duo and then said that's why he'll be great for them because song choice is his strong suit.  Um, no.  :/  It makes me wonder if these contestants have ever watched the show because song choice is most definitely NOT Adam's strong suit.  I'll bet that they don't make it to the lives on Adam's team.  If they do make it to the lives, it'll be after a steal from one of the other coaches.  JMO.

• Love 4

What made me gag was when Adam, during his pitch to the twins, said how important song choice was going to be for them because they're a duo and then said that's why he'll be great for them because song choice is his strong suit.  Um, no.  :/  It makes me wonder if these contestants have ever watched the show because song choice is most definitely NOT Adam's strong suit.  I'll bet that they don't make it to the lives on Adam's team.  If they do make it to the lives, it'll be after a steal from one of the other coaches.  JMO.

I don't necessarily agree.  Adam does take more risks with song choice (particularly compared to Blake) and this does mean his contestants can occasionally crash and burn.  But it also means that his contestants have provided us with many of the all time classic best performances in the history of this show.  In fact, 7 of my top 15 all time favorite Voice performance come from Team Adam.  No other coach comes even close.

• Love 2

@ Paron

On your scorecard, you have Daria Jazmin with 1 chair. If you watch the montages she was in, you'll see she got 3 chairs.

I think I'm the only one who doesn't like Victor. He is too lounge-lizard for me.

Edited by Amy Beth

I didn't like Viktor either. His delivery is too polished without any emotion. He is a very good singer, no doubt, but I can't connect with him on any level.

The teams to beat this season are definitely Adam and Blake. The battles and the knock outs are gonna be brutal with many good people going home and stolen by other teams.

The twins had a Nields sound to me. I liked their performance, and appreciated hearing Dido a little differently.

Like a PP, I also got chills when Krista sang 'Angel from Montgomery', and it's also one of my favorites.  I also liked Alex and Cole quite a lot... should be an interesting season.  

The twins will hang around and get stolen. Come on folks, attractive, blonde, white twin women? Can we say "male fantasy"? The producers will want to keep them on the show as long as possible.

That woman who did" Uptown Funk", what was she thinking??? And her intro seemed to indicate that she had a good musical background which would have made her a contender. Yeah, we got the fact that she was lesbian, but did she have to dress like an escapee from a 1950's boys' high school chess club?

That sweater and bowtie looked just plain dumb on her, and was totally at odds with her song choice. She didn't even look comfortable. The rest of her family was dressed up for the event and she looked like a shlub. I don't give a rat's ass which way people lean, but it annoys me when there's this one shot that they have at being seen by millions, and they present themselves in a way that distracts from their talent - like it did to me.

• Love 1

The twins will hang around and get stolen. Come on folks, attractive, blonde, white twin women? Can we say "male fantasy"? The producers will want to keep them on the show as long as possible.

Glad you said it, so I don't have to. There does seem to be less female eye candy this season than in year past. (Not qualified to comment on the men).

I get that Viktor has a bit of a lounge lizard vibe. But "What's Going On" is one of those songs that are tough, because they're so heavily identified with the original artist that you're almost setting yourself up to fail. Or to be accused of imitation. I give him credit for taking it on and doing a solid job.

I did like Krista's version of "Angel from Montgomery," and it was cool Blake immediately got that she is more throwback country than the pop stuff you hear on the radio. The "country" that most singers do on this show bores me to tears. I love the classic stuff - Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams (the original), Patsy Cline, Kitty Wells etc. I would be happy to have a country artist go far if that's what she's singing.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 3

That woman who did" Uptown Funk", what was she thinking??? And her intro seemed to indicate that she had a good musical background which would have made her a contender. Yeah, we got the fact that she was lesbian, but did she have to dress like an escapee from a 1950's boys' high school chess club?

That sweater and bowtie looked just plain dumb on her, and was totally at odds with her song choice. She didn't even look comfortable. The rest of her family was dressed up for the event and she looked like a shlub. I don't give a rat's ass which way people lean, but it annoys me when there's this one shot that they have at being seen by millions, and they present themselves in a way that distracts from their talent - like it did to me.

I agree that a lot about that performance was unfortunate judgment. But I liked that it gave the coaches a chance again to remind singers not to dance around if there's any chance at all it will impact on their singing--since it's ultimately about hearing, not seeing, for the judges. I really am surprised when some people get so into the performance that they don't prioritize "I need a chair turn!"

I'm glad that not everyone finds Victor amazing. (Okay, I did laugh at Blake's cheesy joke that he would  be "the Victor of the Voice!") He's a bit lounge lizard for me, too. I can't even remember what he sang--oh yes, Donny Hathaway--good choice but I didn't connect with his vocals emotionally at all.  ("Angel from Montgomery" on the other hand, I replayed 3 times.)

There've been a lot of really good singers who've got the tone, the technique and bring the emotion. I always look forward to the "duets" but I always forget that means some of my real favorites inevitably go home.

• Love 1

This is exactly why this is a perfect DVR show.  I always skip through the contestant intros.

I also skip the intro and go right to the singing and judges comments.  I do not care anything about your past, your family, your struggles or why you are there.  I just want to hear you sing and judge you on that and that alone as it should be.  I do this for America's Got Talent too.  But I can see how it makes for good TV.........kind of.

• Love 1

I've been fast forwarding through much of the "Who are you going to pick to be your coach?" segments also. They seem to go on forever, and I'm bored by all the Blake-Adam back and forth. That whole act is really stale now.

I'm beginning to agree with Blake about the rolled up blue jeans also.

But they are so 1950s James Dean Bad Boy!

I've been fast forwarding through much of the "Who are you going to pick to be your coach?" segments also. They seem to go on forever, and I'm bored by all the Blake-Adam back and forth. That whole act is really stale now.

I like the backstories and the performances. Then I'm gone until the next performer comes on. I really don't care who selects whom. I also don't care who "wins" this show. I just like the good singers and how they progress. Which coach has which singer means nothing to me.

Do the coaches get some sort of bonus $ if they "win"? (Meaning: If the person they coach wins.) Or is it just an ego thing?

I don't want to say mean things about a 15 year old kid and especially one with, basically, a good vocal instrument, but Chance, sweetie, please lose the weird accent.  What is that?  What is it supposed to be?  I have my doubts that Adam will beat that affectation out of him, but one can hope.

Edited by limecoke

I wasn't gonna go there, but I'm glad you did, heh.  I got it that she was a lesbian, too, but there was no need for her to dress like the fat kid who gets picked on all the time.  I still don't know what she was thinking.

• Love 1