Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Broken Records

• Start Topic

I was faulting her as a friend who wouldn't shut up about the whole situation on camera.  A real life friend would only express her doubt in private with her best friend.

Aren't these two women who met ON a television set?  Whose friendship was manufactured by RHOC producers?  Whose only associations are on camera?  Maybe they have no private time.  Mostly, they probably aren't even friends.

• Love 9

The various comments about Vicki's ability to help with Brooks' travels through the medical care labyrinth makes me wonder if she is also involved in selling health insurance?  I thought she was simply a life insurance and annuity salesperson.

• Love 3

According to The Vickster's Coto Insurance website, she sells Life, Health, Dental, Auto, Homeowners, Business, and Workers Comp insurance.

I wonder how many calls that Imaging Center has received from people all over the Country asking if they do PET Scans.  Their poor receptionist(s) must hate RHOC right about now.

• Love 16

I think Brooks worked out of her office and sold insurance or had a consulting business.

Here is his resume.  Before anyone asks, "C-Suite Executives" means people with a "C" in their title, like CEO, CFO, COO.  I think what he does is find private service contractors for hospitals that can do the job cheaper than their employees, i.e., technicians, food service, janitorial, etc.

President/Owner

AYERS CONSULTING SERVICES, LLC - Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

June 2010 to Present

Provided consultative services to C- Suite Executives in Hospitals across the country to enhance business efficiencies by coordinating operational solutions from outside vendors.

Business Development

GARMAN INVESTMENT GROUP - Indianapolis, IN

October 2008 to June 2010

Assisted Financial Planning firm in soliciting, marketing, and presenting appropriate financial options to potential investors.

Financial Advisor

LLR FINANCIAL SERVICES, LLC - Tupelo, MS

October 2004 to September 2008

Marketed Insurance products to the senior citizen population regarding proper Estate planning, Preservation of Assets, and Distribution of wealth upon death.

VP Development

ULTRAGROUP VENTURES, LLC - Chattanooga, TN

April 1998 to October 2004

Was a partner in this quasi healthcare venture capital firm that focused on assisting solution oriented companies with equity funding coupled with leveraging existing hospital contacts to increase existing market share.

Education

BS in Management

Mississippi State University - Starkville, MS

May 1989

High School Diploma in Active

Tupelo High School - Tupelo, MS

May 1985

Additional Information

• KEY STRENGTHS: Leadership, Relationship Building, Sales & Marketing, Strategic Marketing, Brand Development, Business Development, Account Management, and Market Evaluation Penetration & Expansion

http://www.indeed.com/r/Brooks-Ayers/7cc552fc45f001a2

• Love 2

EVINE Headquarters appeared to be in Minneapolis, so when Heather got out of the car she said something like, "I think they filmed That Girl here."  Except of course every MTM show fan knows the show was located in Minneapolis and only the fabulous opening exteriors were actually filmed there.

That Girl (Marlo Thomas) was set in NYC, not Minneapolis.  As an actress and New York resident, I'm surprised Heather didn't know that.  She was confusing That Girl with the Mary Tyler Moore show.  According to IMDb, Mary Tyler Moore and That Girl were both filmed at SoCal studios, except for the exterior shots.  

• Love 3

I don't know how to copy videos to here, but on the people.com site there is a video of Heather and Terry. At the end, Terry says he looked at the images of the scan, and he hopes it's not real... To paraphrase...I like brooks and that's the scan of someone at the end of their life.

Never fear! If Brooks dies, Encyclopedia Meghan will be on the case and at the viewing diligently looking for clews!
  • Love 10

I think she is actually trying to lay the groundwork for another story line: She wants the pastor to leave his wife for her. That would keep her in story lines and drama for at least three seasons: the split from Eddie, trying to make it work with the pastor/trying to be a pastor's wife, and then the next divorce.

Don't forget Tamra trying to get Ryan a job at the church and getting caught stealing money from the collection plate
  • Love 5

I can understand formatting getting screwed up going from one format to another but in this case, only certain portions were getting screwed up.  And why would the CT scan have to go from one formatting to another?  There's no consistency if that were the case.  And why would this document go to another format?  If it were a PDF, there's no reason to reformat in, say, an Apple program.  And Apple has TextEdit for Word documents.

Some printers don't support document formatting.  It depends on the type of laser printer you have.  If it's a cheap one, many times some formatting like carriage return, bold type, and sometimes even images aren't supported and can have undesired results.  I'm not saying that this is the case with Brook's document, but some documents don't transition from the computer to hard copy very well if the printer doesn't have settings that support the kind of document it is.

Sorry about your friend.

Thanks!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 1

What was Ryan's comment about the couch all about? He looked at it and said, "I hate that couch." Wasn't it HIS/Sara's couch? Or did Tamra buy it for him? Ryan is such a source of happy, positive energy.

Well, I had to agree with him that that big black vinyl-looking couch was fugly. And then we saw Sarah wrestling a matching chair through the door.

I guess it's her furniture because Ryan likely moved to her town with a hobo bag on a stick. I remember Tamra set him up in an apartment years ago and bought him some furnishings. He probably sold them all off to pay for tattoos.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 19

Perhaps Briana took that remark seriously even though Brooks was drunk and was being glib. Perhaps also, Brooks Ayers was aware of the domestic violence in Ryan's past. Ryan Culberson isn't exactly the squeaky-clean all-American Marine according to police reports. Orange County Court Records show that a woman named Rachel charged Ryan with Domestic Violence in 2010. Interesting, Ryan was married to his first wife, Melia (I believe they were separated) at that time and it was also around that time that he met Briana. Briana and Ryan eloped in 2011. .Ryan Culberson ex-girlfriend Rachel Lawrence was awarded a retraining order against Culberson after Lawrence petitioned the court asking that Ryan Culberson be ordered not to “harass, attack, strike, assault” her. Ryan was "sneaking around" on his first wife with Briana, who didn't know he was still married at the time.  According to court records Ryan's divorce from his first wife Melia was finalized in 2010.

<snip>

Yes I'm aware of Ryan's background with the ex girlfriend. I don't personally that has anything to do with Ryan and Brianna trying to trap a drunk Brooks with incriminating info. That was just the best they could come up with and I thin it's pathetic. Brooks didn't mean it anymore than Brianna saying she would kill Brooks. FFS people say shit like that all the time. I'm sick of Brianna acting like that was something real. If she doesn't like Brooks, fine. But quit acting like that stupid taped recording is in any way real.
  • Love 9

What can we do to convince this woman to keep her clothes on? A cadaver is less graphic.

LOL!

I was at CVS today picking up some cold medicine, and they had these dangly grotesque Halloween skeletons in gaudy, glittery pirate clothes and I was instantly reminded of Megan.

• Love 3

This show is not live. There's a huge difference between being filmed for a reality show and appearing live on camera. I've done both, and they are really not the same at all. Live TV can be very frightening to people who are not used to it, especially if they're doing something that's outside of their comfort zone to begin with.

Miss Terry is supposed to be peddling/hawking his beaute product. There's no way someone who put "years" into developing a product wouldn't be comfortable talking about it. Live or recorded, this guy lives to get his ugly mug on TV.

• Love 8

That Girl (Marlo Thomas) was set in NYC, not Minneapolis.  As an actress and New York resident, I'm surprised Heather didn't know that.  She was confusing That Girl with the Mary Tyler Moore show.  According to IMDb, Mary Tyler Moore and That Girl were both filmed at SoCal studios, except for the exterior shots.

I give her a pass on that. She was excited to be there. This is what I always like about Heather. She is clearly well traveled, but always seems so happy to embrace going somewhere new. If it had been any other HW they would have been bitching about something.

• Love 16
I thought his girlfriend/BabyMama/fiancee`/significant other/millstone said it.

Yea, Sarah hated the couch. Ryan was upset because there were no pictures of him on the mantel piece. I'd rather get a root canal than watch those two move. 

The various comments about Vicki's ability to help with Brooks' travels through the medical care labyrinth makes me wonder if she is also involved in selling health insurance?  I thought she was simply a life insurance and annuity salesperson.

Hmmm, I don't know. But now I'm thinking - I wonder if the reason Vicki is starting to look so peeved here at the end, and is no longer with Brooks, is because she bought a massive life insurance policy on him and now believes he just ain't going to die?

(I know, I know, I'm evil. Send me my handbasket.)

• Love 18

Never fear! If Brooks dies, Encyclopedia Meghan will be on the case and at the viewing diligently looking for clews!

Meghan will be overseeing Brooks' autopsy with her magnifying glass in hand. Vicki might be nearby!

sherlock-holmes2.jpg

• Love 9

He couldn't even get viewers to believe that he actually cares about Vicki. People pegged Brooks as a conman the moment he appeared on Bravo screens with his cornball affirmations so he really is extremely bad at it. 

His mistake was to chose Vicki as a target. Has he chose someone likeable instead, nobody would have doubted him.

Edited by Pollock
  • Love 4

I haven't been too upset for Vicki and Brooks up until now, but I have to say that Heather's overt snarkiness on WWHL was really not a good look. It was the first time I felt this pang of, "What if he is telling the truth? And you're on national TV basically mocking him?" It would really suck if he has cancer and the two of them had to deal with this nonsense on top of it. I am not sure why Heather has dropped her usual (feigned) diplomacy, but she seemed really bitchy and not at all concerned for someone she considers a friend (Vicki). Even the other guest (Annabelle?) seemed skeeved by Heather's attitude.

I have seen a lot of mention of the doctor saying, "Unless this was faked." The reason he said that was because, just moments prior, Vicki had explained that her circle of friends were accusing Brooks of faking cancer. And so the doctor was basically saying, "If he's faking cancer, then this report is faked because the report clearly says he has it." I felt it was an awkwardly phrased way of confirming that Brooks was sick.

But that's the thing. Heather doesn't usually act this openly snarky unless she is willing to take the heat. Her interview was telling to me. Normally, I would have reacted like Annabelle did from such comments, but it was Heather, not the other HWs. I feel like she knows something that is giving her reason to say what she's willing to say, although she did withhold for the reunion. Heather doesn't like to "look" wrong IMO.

Another poster mentioned in Vickis thread that Brooks was interviewed by SatanAndy yesterday...

• Love 9

Apologies if this has been said already I'm only on page one of the boards.

If Brooks had his report emailed it could just be the program on his computer couldn't transfer from the program it was written in and part of it is messed up. I'd had this happen! Or it could be sloppy transcribing. It happens! So now the guy has shown his medical report and everyone's going to pick on that for being fake? Good God. Also I have zilch idea the difference between a pet or a ct. To expect someone whos ill to get everything pin point correct is just stupid.I frequently mis speak. Doesn't mean I'm lying!

Is that horrid Megan wearing those asinine headbands because she thinks she's freaking wonder woman? I hate her as much as I hated Brandi. SO so so much hate. Shut up you stupid troll! No they don't do pet/ct scans there. They do them at another location and they (the dr.) gets the report from there! Lord that child is STUPID.and that smug look on her face makes me want to scream.

This. I am not sure if Brooks really has cancer but I can say that I have been undergoing a number of diagnostic tests recently related to blood test results that COULD indicate cancer. Not one of those tests have been at my Doctors office although I meet with her to discuss the results each time

So the idiot's deduction that its fake because that office doesn't perform scans is absurd. Just as she is. Brooks may be faking and he is a sleaze but the Giraffe

Really needs a new hobby.

• Love 9

Oh, OK.  To me, your above post sounded like you were bashing Obamacare, which was confusing (to me) cuz I didn't understand how it tied into this ep.  But you make a good point that's just too easy to forget.  Crooks may not have a job, but he must make pretty good dough from Bravo.  And no, I don't believe Vicks is actually getting him into any & all doctors for free.  C'mon, that's silly.  But I'm sure she knows her way around the insurance world & she knows how to work the system better than the average person would.  Idk, I've always thought of Vicks as a very smarmy character.  This season confirms it for me.

I thought it was policy at Bravo that the spouses/ sig. others/ children do not get paid.

• Love 2

This. I am not sure if Brooks really has cancer but I can say that I have been undergoing a number of diagnostic tests recently related to blood test results that COULD indicate cancer. Not one of those tests have been at my Doctors office although I meet with her to discuss the results each time

So the idiot's deduction that its fake because that office doesn't perform scans is absurd. Just as she is. Brooks may be faking and he is a sleaze but the Giraffe

Really needs a new hobby.

I agree with you...a new hobby for Giraffe...

goat-fabulous-gif-giraffe-1353090.gif

• Love 10

This is not true.    If you had clicked on Pet Scan on the Newport Imaging site , it takes you to where they ARE performed.

Marilyn Herbert Hausman Advanced Technology Pavilion

One Hoag Drive

Newport Beach, CA 92663

949-764-1880

949-764-1882 fax

get directions website

Radiology Services

PET/CT

See this is what happens when different people do "the same" research. We've proved just on this board how many different conclusions and findings we can come to and share with others. Some may be mistaken others may not, then we have to wonder if we are even researching the correct information because I just decided to check myself and I can't even get to the website. However I was able to see the website for Newport Diagnostic Center and wondered if maybe that's were he got it done. These places have such similar names and all. There's also a Newport Center Digital Imaging. Just saying that going off of small amounts of information can get you so many varied results and possibilities so for Meghan to go to the ladies and say she got concrete information about Brooks report from ONE stupid phone call. I can't believe it holds any weight at all. For the women or the viewers.  

• Love 7

There are a number of "hinky" problems with that "report"! LOL

But does this make sense then? Has anyone even tackled the glaringly obvious question of why on earth would someone docture a document so poorly? I mean, all that's been tossed around is that the document is terrible, hinky, completely questionable, etc. etc. but has anyone come up with some plausable reason why someone who is trying to con others into believing he is sick would present THAT as evidence?

I found this about "court of public opinion."

http://thenewinquiry.com/blogs/zunguzungu/there-is-no-such-thing-as-the-court-of-public-opinion-but-maybe-there-should-be/

excerpt--

There is no such thing as The Court of Public Opinion. When people use the phrase, they strongly imply—even outright state—that newspaper articles, op-eds, “litigation by hashtag,” and general opinion-having by the unwashed masses constitutes a kind of parallel legal system in which “mob justice” is meted out by “villagers with torches.” In the Court of Public Opinion, they believe, “the one-eyed man with the most Twitter followers is king,” and all the checks and balances of law and order are suspended:

“In the Court of Public Opinion there are no rules of evidence, no burdens of proof, no cross-examinations, and no standards of admissibility. There are no questions and also no answers. Also, please be aware that in the Court of Public Opinion, choosing silence or doubt is itself a prosecutable offense…the Court of Public Opinion is what we used to call villagers with flaming torches. It has no rules, no arbiter, no mechanism at all for separating truth from lies. It allows everything into evidence and has no mechanism to separate facts about the case from the experiences and political leanings of the millions of us who are all acting as witnesses, judges, and jurors.”

If you say the phrase “The Court of Public Opinion” enough times, one might be persuaded that it exists. But there is no such thing as “The Court of Public Opinion.” There is no such thing as “The Court of Public Opinion.”

All the quotes above are from Dahlia Lithwick, who wrote a piece for Slate called “Woody Allen v. Dylan Farrow: The Court of Public Opinion is now in session.”

AWESOME!

I knew that there is no court of public opinion. I liked the explanation given and wasn't into the writer or issue, but thanks.

I was entertained by it as well and you're right. I liked the way she worded and explained it.

• Love 2

I was ​specifically talking about the masses, which the doctor said were present when he was feeling Brook's abdomen.

Heh, right?

He didn't appear to be referring to what he was feeling, but to what he had read in the report. The mass Brooks claims he has -- as outlined in that bizarre report he provided -- could not be felt in an external examination; a doctor would need to cut him open to verify them.

• Love 5

I was joking about being qualified to give medical advice, but I did work the front desk at an allergy clinic and there was A LOT of shorthand in medical reports that would look like gibberish to most people. Something like "Prescribed Xolair injections for patient, suggest revisit/retest in 3 months" would look like "Rx Xo inj; rv/rt 3 m." Training new people was really fun, as you can imagine. Anyway, another reason the report could look hinky.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 2

I haven't been too upset for Vicki and Brooks up until now, but I have to say that Heather's overt snarkiness on WWHL was really not a good look. It was the first time I felt this pang of, "What if he is telling the truth? And you're on national TV basically mocking him?" It would really suck if he has cancer and the two of them had to deal with this nonsense on top of it. I am not sure why Heather has dropped her usual (feigned) diplomacy, but she seemed really bitchy and not at all concerned for someone she considers a friend (Vicki). Even the other guest (Annabelle?) seemed skeeved by Heather's attitude.

The Heather on WWHL reminds me of the same Heather that was so sure that she was going to come out on top last year that her blogs were full of smug bitchiness towards Shannon and David. She is in that same head space where she is so sure the audience is going to side with her that she doesn't even realize how off putting she is coming across. She is still in the OC bubble of Tamra and Mehgan and their nonsense that she can't see how tacky it is in the normal course of things to accuse someone of faking cancer. Or how tacky it is that she, as a doctor's wife would lecture her friend Vicki to show her boyfriend's medical records as proof of an illness. 

It's that same smugness she had towards Shannon and David all over again. It's the same smugness she had towards Alexis all over again. Essentially, this is the real Heather. Full disclosure, I have not liked Heather since she came on the show. She has always come across as phony and bitchy to me. I have never seen her as a diplomat or a voice of reason. So, her behavior on WWHL is no surprise to me. She is so caught up in what she perceives the audience believes that she can't be bothered to read the room in real time. 

• Love 20

See this is what happens when different people do "the same" research. We've proved just on this board how many different conclusions and findings we can come to and share with others. Some may be mistaken others may not, then we have to wonder if we are even researching the correct information because I just decided to check myself and I can't even get to the website. However I was able to see the website for Newport Diagnostic Center and wondered if maybe that's were he got it done. These places have such similar names and all. There's also a Newport Center Digital Imaging. Just saying that going off of small amounts of information can get you so many varied results and possibilities so for Meghan to go to the ladies and say she got concrete information about Brooks report from ONE stupid phone call. I can't believe it holds any weight at all. For the women or the viewers.  

Brooks specifically said Newport Imaging.    Online, they have 2 different websites. If you google the first one it is under construction, the second below it is operating.   They are BOTH the same place, same address etc.

As I previously said in one of my posts, the other facilities you name are NOT affiliated with Hoag.  Newport Imaging is.

The second website  takes you to the information I pasted in my post about where the Pet Scan is done at one of the Hoag facilities. 

I am going off what Brooks said.      Newport Imaging.       Not Newport Diagnostic or Newport Center Digital.

• Love 2

I was joking about being qualified to give medical advice, but I did work the front desk at an allergy clinic and there was A LOT of shorthand in medical reports that would look like gibberish to most people. Something like "Prescribed Xolair injections for patient, suggest revisit/retest in 3 months" would look like "Rx Xolair inj for pnt; rv/rt 3 mos." Training new people was really fun, as you can imagine. Anyway, another reason the report could look hinky.

See I love how there are actual examples of why it's possible for the report to look like that compared to no real reasons why a report CAN'T look like that, so thanks for even one more reason why that report can actually be legit. ;-)

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

I thought it was policy at Bravo that the spouses/ sig. others/ children do not get paid.

Minor children don't get paid to get around child labor laws.  People like Rosie and Ashlee from NJ and the Manzo kids, Tamra's son and Briana get paid and paid well for what they do.  years ago Jacqueline mentioned Ashlee was paid $30,000.00 for her appearance on Season 2 and that is how she paid her attorneys' fees. My guess is when Bravo insisted Brooks be filmed he asked for a check or Vicki's check got bigger.

• Love 4

But does this make sense then? Has anyone even tackled the glaringly obvious question of why on earth would someone docture a document so poorly? I mean, all that's been tossed around is that the document is terrible, hinky, completely questionable, etc. etc. but has anyone come up with some plausable reason why someone who is trying to con others into believing he is sick would present THAT as evidence?

AWESOME!

I was entertained by it as well and you're right. I liked the way she worded and explained it.

The "WHY" is the million dollar question. I think he is intentionally misleading the other HWs and us to keep the cameras focused on him and Vicki. I suspect that Brooks/Vicki did not think production would actually show the document on camera where viewers could read it.

I was joking about being qualified to give medical advice, but I did work the front desk at an allergy clinic and there was A LOT of shorthand in medical reports that would look like gibberish to most people. Something like "Prescribed Xolair injections for patient, suggest revisit/retest in 3 months" would look like "Rx Xolair inj for pnt; rv/rt 3 mos." Training new people was really fun, as you can imagine. Anyway, another reason the report could look hinky.

Yes, medical abbreviations are commonly used in reports but run on words/sentences are not and misspellings, such as CLINICAL HISTORY are not.

• Love 6

Brooks specifically said Newport Imaging.    Online, they have 2 different websites. If you google the first one it is under construction, the second below it is operating.   They are BOTH the same place, same address etc.

As I previously said in one of my posts, the other facilities you name are NOT affiliated with Hoag.  Newport Imaging is.

The second website  takes you to the information I pasted in my post about where the Pet Scan is done at one of the Hoag facilities. 

I am going off what Brooks said.      Newport Imaging.       Not Newport Diagnostic or Newport Center Digital.

Yes, and my point is that I just finally manuevered through all of the hurdles and with all of the posts about this on the board I still had a hard time finally Finding the right site, understanding the services, different locations and what the different locations are for. I finally put it all together but it was rough going. Meghan claiming she's caught anyone red handed from one phone call is just ridiculous. I wasn't doubting anyone's info on here I was just pointing out just how tricky doing internet or phone "research" can be and how many different mistaken conclusions can come out of amateur sleuthing. Also, I've forgotten what point was being disproved with her phone call and revelation and how it doesn't relate at all to what Brooks said. I've honestly forgotten what is being debated? Is it that because the actual scan is done at a different location this means Brooks saying Newport Image proves he's lying or that the document had newport imaging on it's letterhead? I'm asking honestly. I can't remember what we were even trying to clarify about the origins of this report. LOL.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

Minor children don't get paid to get around child labor laws.  People like Rosie and Ashlee from NJ and the Manzo kids, Tamra's son and Briana get paid and paid well for what they do.  years ago Jacqueline mentioned Ashlee was paid $30,000.00 for her appearance on Season 2 and that is how she paid her attorneys' fees. My guess is when Bravo insisted Brooks be filmed he asked for a check or Vicki's check got bigger.

I have heard Andy say the husbands/boyfriends are not paid.  As for the rest, these networks/shows have strict disclosure clauses in the contracts these folks sign. Divulge what is considered confidential information and they can lose their entire paycheck. So, its always been an unknown how much anyone has been paid.

• Love 4

The "WHY" is the million dollar question. I think he is intentionally misleading the other HWs and us to keep the cameras focused on him and Vicki. I suspect that Brooks/Vicki did not think production would actually show the document on camera where viewers could read it.

Yes, medical abbreviations are commonly used in reports but run on words/sentences are not and misspellings, such as CLINICAL HISTORY are not.

So it's a document he felt comfortable to show Tamara or wives but not the viewers. That's a big stretch and isn't even logical IMO for someone who is trying to pull off a con.

There has also been explanations about more than the medical abbreviations that give plausible reasons for the run on sentences as well as poor transcription. Not saying that's what happened but there have been a few conceivable explanations offered up that address these issues on the report.

It annoys me when the HW's insert empty theories to fill in the gaps of their flawed logic or what they've deemed unanswered questions they themselves have posed. They come up with these outrageous and huge "inconsistencies" only to answer their own questions with empty logic, speculation and opinions which to them equate to some smoking gun.

• Love 5

Yes, and my point is that I just finally manuevered through all of the hurdles and with all of the posts about this on the board I still had a hard time finally Finding the right site, understanding the services, different locations and what the different locations are for. I finally put it all together but it was rough going. Meghan claiming she's caught anyone red handed from one phone call is just ridiculous. I wasn't doubting anyone's info on here I was just pointing out just how tricky doing internet or phone "research" can be and how many different mistaken conclusions can come out of amateur sleuthing. Also, I've forgotten what point was being disproved with her phone call and revelation and how it doesn't relate at all to what Brooks said. I've honestly forgotten what is being debated? Is it that because the actual scan is done at a different location this means Brooks saying Newport Image proves he's lying or that the document had newport imaging on it's letterhead? I'm asking honestly. I'm no unsure what we were even trying to clarify about the origins of this report. LOL.

Its all cool     :)       

I missed this - what was the reference?  That Girl and MTM were two of my favorite shows!

EVINE Headquarters appeared to be in Minneapolis, so when Heather got out of the car she said something like, "I think they filmed That Girl here."  Except of course every MTM show fan knows the show was located in Minneapolis and only the fabulous opening exteriors were actually filmed there.

That's what I said.  Or meant to say anyway.    It was Heather  who mixed up That Girl and the Mary Tyler Moore Show.   I was a huge MTM fan. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6

So I have watched pretty much every episode of Law & Order, which of course makes me an expert in all things medical and evidentiary.  IIRC on L&O the way they get around patient/doctor confidentiality is through billing records.  Not for a diagnosis but to see what tests are ordered or if there is a patient.  I am recalling the infamous Chinese Wall episode.  If I were Brooks and/or Vicki I would have shown Tamra a copy of my last chemo billing.  Very simple, very precise it has a billing code* for the procedure and a diagnostic code.  This would be definitive information to me that Brooks received chemotherapy treatment.  You don't get chemo without a cancer diagnosis. With Brooks/Vicki it would be wise to request a copy of the health insurance statement the service had been paid.   These documents should easily be found in the infamous binder.  We all learned fro Watergate and Woodward and Bernstein, "follow the money".  Vicki who is constantly fixated on money has not once mentioned this round of cancer is costly. 

What I would not do is present a garbled radiologist report and ask for someone to vigorously defend my status.  Heather, Tamra and Shannon always use these women, the other, in reality it is just Meghan.  I think the other three were pretty happy with Brooks and Vicki's assertions.  Heather just doesn't want to alienate Meghan, Tamra just likes to stir things up and Shannon is feeling a little like perhaps she was being duped. 

*http://health-information.advanceweb.com/Article/Coding-for-Non-Hodgkins-Lymphoma.aspx Okay not the breeziest read but certainly understandable-it is a number.

http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/071910p28.shtml

Writing down  numbers from Brooks billing would be easy-maybe I am just being too simple.

• Love 9

I have heard Andy say the husbands/boyfriends are not paid.  As for the rest, these networks/shows have strict disclosure clauses in the contracts these folks sign. Divulge what is considered confidential information and they can lose their entire paycheck. So, its always been an unknown how much anyone has been paid.

On two occasions RH contracts have made it to public record through judicial proceedings.  One was Teresa Giudice the other more recent is Tamra Barney.  I don't fully trust Andy and his representations because I do believe money may be paid to an agent or holding company leaving him free to say -we don't pay.  Quite honestly if Vicki were negotiating she would not be able to force Brooks to appear without compensation nor would Bravo.  This non-compensation has been a bone of contention of Brooks and Slade.

I am curious how Giudices are getting paid for their upcoming special.  Teresa is barred by Federal Regulations to receive compensation and Joe ha about a 1,000 liens on anything coming into him.  Maybe Bravo paid the balance of their fine or made their house payment.  So many ways around things. 

• Love 4

So it's a document he felt comfortable to show Tamara or wives but not the viewers. That's a big stretch and isn't even logical IMO for someone who is trying to pull off a con.

There has also been explanations about more than the medical abbreviations that give plausible reasons for the run on sentences as well as poor transcription. Not saying that's what happened but there have been a few conceivable explanations offered up that address these issues on the report.

It annoys me when the HW's insert empty theories to fill in the gaps of their flawed logic or what they've deemed unanswered questions they themselves have posed. They come up with these outrageous and huge "inconsistencies" only to answer their own questions with empty logic, speculation and opinions which to them equate to some smoking gun.

Medical reports need to be accurate because the patients life is dependent on the accuracy of it/them. There is no logical reason for that "report" to read like it does, none. I don't know of a single Dr. that does not have the proper program to print out a correct copy. The run on words/sentences were NOT medical abbreviations either, they were whole words. Brooks also chose to show the report to the least qualified HW and his biggest detractor which also makes it even more questionable IMO.

• Love 8

So I have watched pretty much every episode of Law & Order, which of course makes me an expert in all things medical and evidentiary.  IIRC on L&O the way they get around patient/doctor confidentiality is through billing records.  Not for a diagnosis but to see what tests are ordered or if there is a patient.  I am recalling the infamous Chinese Wall episode.  If I were Brooks and/or Vicki I would have shown Tamra a copy of my last chemo billing.  Very simple, very precise it has a billing code* for the procedure and a diagnostic code.  This would be definitive information to me that Brooks received chemotherapy treatment.  You don't get chemo without a cancer diagnosis. With Brooks/Vicki it would be wise to request a copy of the health insurance statement the service had been paid.   These documents should easily be found in the infamous binder.  We all learned fro Watergate and Woodward and Bernstein, "follow the money".  Vicki who is constantly fixated on money has not once mentioned this round of cancer is costly. 

What I would not do is present a garbled radiologist report and ask for someone to vigorously defend my status.  Heather, Tamra and Shannon always use these women, the other, in reality it is just Meghan.  I think the other three were pretty happy with Brooks and Vicki's assertions.  Heather just doesn't want to alienate Meghan, Tamra just likes to stir things up and Shannon is feeling a little like perhaps she was being duped. 

*http://health-information.advanceweb.com/Article/Coding-for-Non-Hodgkins-Lymphoma.aspx Okay not the breeziest read but certainly understandable-it is a number.

http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/071910p28.shtml

Writing down  numbers from Brooks billing would be easy-maybe I am just being too simple.

Great points !

After all, Al  Capone was never convicted for murder or any other major criminal acts that ended him in Alcatraz, they instead got him for income tax evasion.

• Love 5

Yes, and my point is that I just finally manuevered through all of the hurdles and with all of the posts about this on the board I still had a hard time finally Finding the right site, understanding the services, different locations and what the different locations are for. I finally put it all together but it was rough going. Meghan claiming she's caught anyone red handed from one phone call is just ridiculous. I wasn't doubting anyone's info on here I was just pointing out just how tricky doing internet or phone "research" can be and how many different mistaken conclusions can come out of amateur sleuthing. Also, I've forgotten what point was being disproved with her phone call and revelation and how it doesn't relate at all to what Brooks said. I've honestly forgotten what is being debated? Is it that because the actual scan is done at a different location this means Brooks saying Newport Image proves he's lying or that the document had newport imaging on it's letterhead? I'm asking honestly. I can't remember what we were even trying to clarify about the origins of this report. LOL.

I think some were trying to prove that Meghan could not have gotten the information about the PET scan as easily as she claimed or that it was possible that she called the wrong Imaging Center to begin with. LOL BUT, that said, if we go by what Brooks, himself, said she DID call the correct IC and YES, she got the correct information that they no longer do PET scans at their facility.

• Love 4

Medical reports need to be accurate because the patients life is dependent on the accuracy of it/them. There is no logical reason for that "report" to read like it does, none. I don't know of a single Dr. that does not have the proper program to print out a correct copy. The run on words/sentences were NOT medical abbreviations either, they were whole words. Brooks also chose to show the report to the least qualified HW and his biggest detractor which also makes it even more questionable IMO.

I happen to believe that some of the explanations presented on this board are reasonable and logical enough for me not to use absolutes when it comes to my conclusions regarding the legitimacy of that report. Not that any of those explanations are in fact thee reason but that there's enough validity in them that keep me from believing that the opposite arguement is absolutely the only possible explanation. I guess our ideas of what's logical vary. <shrug>

• Love 3

I think some were trying to prove that Meghan could not have gotten the information about the PET scan as easily as she claimed or that it was possible that she called the wrong Imaging Center to begin with. LOL BUT, that said, if we go by what Brooks, himself, said she DID call the correct IC and YES, she got the correct information that they no longer do PET scans at their facility.

At that particular location. They still offer the service at other locations. I was manuering around the site and it's all one big corporation. It doesn't really contradict Brooks saying Newport Imaging. I'm so confused about this "glaring" red flag.

• Love 4

At that particular location. They still offer the service at other locations. I was manuering around the site and it's all one big corporation. It doesn't really contradict Brooks saying Newport Imaging. I'm so confused about this "glaring" red flag.

LOL, I think everyone is confused, hence the questions/discussions we are all having! I personally don't know if the IC in question is affiliated with any of the other IC or not but I do believe that someone already said they were not.

Brooks/Vicki say 1 thing to HW A then something different to HW B, so on and so forth and then he says something different once again in an interview that he gave during filming, all adding to the confusion the HWs have and to the confusion we have. IMO, he/they are doing it on purpose to give themselves max camera time to keep that Orange firmly planted in Vicki's hands. Without it, she had no storyline and feared being demoted to FOH or outright fired IMO.

• Love 3

So after all of this, I know that Meghan sincerely believes she's after Truth and Justice.

I get the truth part.

What I don't get is what justice she's looking for.  Let's say Brooks is lying about what he's saying, and I'm not leaning one way or the other on this because I don't care enough.  But let's say he's lying.  What justice would be remotely involved in the revelation?  Wouldn't justice involve some kind of legal ramification?  Is she just looking for some way to officially discredit Brooks somehow?  And why?  What business is it of hers?   No cancer, no Justice?  Is that the new chant??

Edited by b2H
  • Love 10

At this point I expect us to see Meghan’s head popping up in Vicki’s toilet like on one of those horrible American Standard ads.  She’ll be trying to get urine and stool samples from Brooks to continue her search for truth and justice. 

I

As I take my first sip of coffee, I see this!  You owe me a keyboard!

• Love 4

I happen to believe that some of the explanations presented on this board are reasonable and logical enough for me not to use absolutes when it comes to my conclusions regarding the legitimacy of that report. Not that any of those explanations are in fact thee reason but that there's enough validity in them that keep me from believing that the opposite arguement is absolutely the only possible explanation. I guess our ideas of what's logical vary. <shrug>

Misspellings, typos, errors can and have led to death due to medical mistakes made because of reports like this one in question.

• Love 4