Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Broken Records

• Start Topic

I buy his nerves. Surgeons are notorious control freaks. They are the "captain of the ship". Their orders supercede any other doctor's on the case. They make the calls in the OR. Terry is the boss in his office, and he and Paul are the stars of Botched, which gives them all of the control. On this Evine channel, there's no second takes, and Terry is at the mercy of the host, and the producers - all of whom I'm sure Terry feels are beneath him. He's also sunk a huge chunk of his own money into this project. And if Evine is like HSN, they get fifty percent of all sales right off the top.

I also think Terry wearing scrubs versus a million dollar suit shows how far he feels out of his comfort zone.

I can totally believe that he was nervous.  Live TV is a whole different thing than what he's used to.  He was obviously amping it up a little for drama/comedy's sake, but I think he probably was really feeling nervous about it.   HW shows and shows like Botched are very, very different than live TV, and it can be extremely intimidating to people who aren't used to it.   And understandably so.  And he was out of his element in other ways too.  

I think he would have come up with something much better & more interesting if he was trying for some kind of storyline.  The Evine appearance was probably going to be shown anyway, whether he was nervous or not, and it didn't take up that much time either way.  

• Love 6

On WWHL tonight Heather said that Terry saw the report and told her that he had never seen one like it.

ETA: She also thought showing it to Tamra was intentional because she wouldn't understand it.

She also said that she was a sent a screenshot [probably similar to the one here] of the 'mockument', showed it to Terry who said that transcript was a mess - no doctor would release that in that way - and the transcriptionist would be fired. 

I really think that the whole "does Brooks really have cancer?" is in bad taste.  He is not asking these women for money or fundraising, only some consideration and prayers. 

I agree it's in bad taste but I also think Crooks is a con-man first and last.   I think pretending his cancer was back was how he got inside Vickie's house.

Um...just watching now...

They blurred the face on the watch of Tamera's pastor! Wtf!

Who does that? He had the groovy hipster jewelry on, but a GIANT watch.

Please tell me its not a rolex :/

Of course it's a Rolex.   Doesn't she attend one of those independent evangelical OC churches like Saddleback?  

Completely trivial but didn't anyone else notice that Heather Famous Actress Dubrow confused the Mary Tyler Moore Show with That Girl?

YES!!  I noticed it too since MTM was my favorite show of all time. 

I honestly think the "rock bottom" that she's referring to was last season when she got called out by everyone for being two-faced and even the viewers were on her and hated her.  I recall her going on WWHL and basically freaking out.  I also suspect that she was close to getting fired.  The whole baptism, I've-found-Jesus stuff was definitely something that she threw at producers to keep her orange.  Total sham.

Early on Tamara mentioned that her rock bottom was during the particularly ugly custody battle she was/is having with Simon over their three kids.  

• Love 8

Tamara also needs to stop thinking that Ryan is mess now because she didn't raise him in the church. Maybe he's a mess because she did a bad job raising him and maybe he's a mess because he's just a mess of his own accord. She's just looking for something to blame so Ryan doesn't have to be accountable at all for anything. Poor Ryan! No one ever read him the bible so now he doesn't know how breakfast works!

Didn't Tamra's mom raise Ryan.  I think I heard something like this when she first joined the show, that she left Ryan with her mother when she married one of her husbands or something like that.  If so, then it's no wonder he's a mess.  Tamra's a mess too.  Maybe Tamra's mother just doesn't know how to instill morals and good sense into her charges.  Just a thought.  lol

• Love 7

I hope all of this cancer-no cancer bullshit is over and finished. I'm so sick of it. The man has CANCER!!

HAD cancer is more like it, IMO. I think he's using past records to puff up his claim and offer proof. I listened VERY closely to the *Dr.* - use that term lightly, more like a charlatan, and he never said Brooks CURRENTLY has cancer. As long as B&V  were okay with showing thefilming and telling the *Dr.* on camera that friends were doubting his cancer  they could have asked the doctor to say on camera that yes, his CURRENT labs say he CURRENLY has cancer. As for the masses the doctor was palpating, he did not state they were cancerous masses. Chemo can cause growth of tissue/masses.

• Love 6

Overall a boring episode. Best part of the ep was the previews for next week showing Tamra getting professional makeup done for her baptism and the makeup artist warning her not to close her eyes too tightly when under the water cuz, you know, Jesus doesn't like runny mascara, hahaha!I I ff'ed through the first 8 minutes with Tamra and her fake religious crap.

What is with Meagn and the headbands? Is this a new fashion trend and I'm just not cool enough to be up to date? I understand Megan wanting the truth but justice? In what way does outing Brooks serve justice? He won't be punished by a court of law, just the court of public opinion.

Ohhh, Vicki with the work crap AGAIN. Telling Brooks to hurry up with his treatment so she can get back to WORK. In reality she doesn't have that much to do at her little insurance business, she fakes it to seem successful so people will think, "Hey, she must be good if she's so damn busy - I'll buy my insurance from her!" ANd to make up for her lack of attributes in every other area. If you know you are going to a Dr appt with someone you DO NOT schedule a (supposed) client meeting anywhere close to that time! You allow enough time plus a cushion before you schedule a meeting. She has totally played out the "I'm just SO fricking important because I WORK! My business can't run without me for 5 minutes because I'm SO important in the insurance world I have to give myself fake awards. I WORK!"

The only time cold fish Heather is affectionate with Terry is when there's money involved.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 14

Shannon was interesting on Twitter last night.  She is taking a ton of heat because folks are accusing her of being disloyal to Vicki. She is defending herself, but she seems to be doing it over and over again by throwing some shade at the others. Specifically she says over and over again that she "never accused him of not being sick, like the others". It has seemed like she is on good terms at this point with both Tamra and Heather (I don't know about Meghan) so I am surprised she is doing this:

Shannon Beador ‏@ShannonBeador  8h8 hours ago
@mcangelcosmo @Elizabe39883986 do you see the others constantly accusing brooks of not being sick??? I haven't. Trying to help shut it down.

@itsredacted i do believe that. Never accused him of not being sick like the others...

@Karyn964 was trying to help her. You never hear me accuse brooks of not being sick like the others but I'm the bad guy... #RHOC

Shannon Beador ‏@ShannonBeador  Sep 27
@yogini108la I was trying to help stop her pain with the rumors. Telling her how to stop it. #goodfriend #considerate

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6

Shannon was interesting on Twitter last night.  She is taking a ton of heat because folks are accusing her of being disloyal to Vicki. She is defending herself, but she seems to be doing it over and over again by throwing some shade at the others. Specifically she says over and over again that she "never accused him of not being sick, like the others". It has seemed like she is on good terms at this point with both Tamra and Heather (I don't know about Meghan) so I am surprised she is doing this:

@mcangelcosmo @Elizabe39883986 do you see the others constantly accusing brooks of not being sick??? I haven't. Trying to help shut it down.

@itsredacted i do believe that. Never accused him of not being sick like the others...

@Karyn964 was trying to help her. You never hear me accuse brooks of not being sick like the others but I'm the bad guy... #RHOC

Shannon Beador ‏@ShannonBeador  Sep 27

@yogini108la I was trying to help stop her pain with the rumors. Telling her how to stop it. #goodfriend #considerate

Shannon said that once she befriends you, you are her friend for life.  She's really full of herself.  I don't think she knows what a real friend is.  She doesn't realize that a real friend wouldn't openly doubt her friend's boyfriend's cancer.  She would give her friend the benefit of the doubt and if she can't, and has suspicions, she would keep it to herself because that's what friends do.  That's why Vicki was upset with her at their lunch.  Shannon was acting like she was a prosecuting attorney and Vicki was the main witness.  She just would not leave it alone.  How many times does someone need to tell you they don't want to talk about a particular hurtful subject?  I wouldn't have been as nice as Vicki was to her.  I would have told her to fuck off and lose my number!  Who needs friends that don't believe in you?

• Love 7

The one funny thing this episode was Shannon going s*** with her hands in the background on the couch when Tamra called Terry & Heather on the show live. Too funny!

Oh how I wish we got more of this Shannon and other hijinks like this. The drunken craziness in Morea seems so long ago...

Fast-forwarding through all the cancer stuff and Tamra's religious stuff sure makes this show short. Won't be watching the reunion shows because I can't stand these ladies screaming over top of each other -- will rely on you kind folks to fill me in.

• Love 4

The Newport Imaging website is under construction.

This info was posted on the site:

"Newport Imaging Center provides a wide variety of radiology and imaging procedures including, MRI, CT Scans, Ultrasound, Bone Densitometry (DEXA), Mammography and Diagnostic x-ray procedures. In addition we offer screening examinations for breast and lung cancer and coronary artery disease."http://www.newportimaging.com/

That sounds mighty suspicious to me. I think we need to send Meghan the Super-sleuth there a wearing a hard hat for some undercover investigating! :-D
  • Love 4

Apologies if this has been said already I'm only on page one of the boards.

If Brooks had his report emailed it could just be the program on his computer couldn't transfer from the program it was written in and part of it is messed up. I'd had this happen! Or it could be sloppy transcribing. It happens! So now the guy has shown his medical report and everyone's going to pick on that for being fake? Good God. Also I have zilch idea the difference between a pet or a ct. To expect someone whos ill to get everything pin point correct is just stupid.I frequently mis speak. Doesn't mean I'm lying!

Is that horrid Megan wearing those asinine headbands because she thinks she's freaking wonder woman? I hate her as much as I hated Brandi. SO so so much hate. Shut up you stupid troll! No they don't do pet/ct scans there. They do them at another location and they (the dr.) gets the report from there! Lord that child is STUPID.and that smug look on her face makes me want to scream.

• Love 15

I've met more church goers that are like tamra then not. Perhaps, structured religion is for her.

Just watching these last few episodes, I can't believe these women aren't living life instead of gossiping over whether someone may or may not have cancer. If even tamra is telling meghan to back off...then perhaps meghan should listen and do what lizzie suggested..shut up.

http://www.chicagonow.com/confessions-coffeeholic/2015/09/celebrating-life-september-11th-birthday/

• Love 4

Both Shannon anD Tamra need to pick a lane and stick to it! They have both been flipping flopping back and forth with this issue. Tamra was the worst tonight because she believed the paperwork then when Meghan presented new information she fucking went all paranoid and said "I don't know what to believe!" I, at least, like that Shannon says "The truth will come out."

I did laugh at Meghan when she shaded Tamra about her being the one to read Brooks paperwork. Did yall catch that? I was like omg.

• Love 7

Broken record is right. Megan just won't stop. She's like a dog with a bone. I'm sure Bravo is loving the shit out of her right now.

Honestly, I really don't know what to think. Yes, it's hard to believe someone could go to the lengths Megan is claiming Brooks has gone to fake cancer, but if the place says they don't dot PET-CT scans, that casts a lot of doubt on his story. But...sigh....the whole thing is just taking up too much time. And it really makes her look crazy. Picking up discrepancies in one's story is one thing, making actual calls to their doctors and other places where they've been seen is just Fatal Attraction levels of stalking. Just stop already. 

I do have to say, Vicki is like THE worst partner for someone who is ill. She did not want to be there when Brooks was getting his oxygen infusion, or whatever-the-fuck that was. All she could talk about was work. I hope if she ever has to have some type of procedure done, NO ONE shows up. Then you can take as long as you need, Vicki dear. Also, I'm sure the constant gagging and moaning when Brooks had to take all his pills was really helpful. He may not really be ill, but she'd be that way regardless. Believe it. 

Tamra and her religious conversion....she cries when she prays....I think I just threw up in my mouth a little. And now she thinks Ryan and his gf should attend church to work on their relationship? That's a surefire way to make the building spontaneously combust.

And what a little brat Ryan continues to be. His lady is setting up their new home, trying to make it look nice, and he complains because there are no pictures of HIM on the mantelpiece? Good Lord. Go into any house in America, most people have pictures of their children! If you want to be featured on the mantel, maybe get more involved. Do a family picture with those awful brats who just want to play and expect to be fed breakfast. 

Heather and Terry....I could care less about their stupid product line. But when they arrived at the studio and Heather got out of the car, I thought for a minute I was looking at Danielle Staub. Not good, Heather. Not good. 

• Love 20
Early on Tamara mentioned that her rock bottom was during the particularly ugly custody battle she was/is having with Simon over their three kids.

Tamra has probably had several rock bottoms. What about when her parents divorced (even though she was an adult)? What about when she was suicidal after her first marriage? I wonder what her next "rock bottom" will be? Eddie runs off with Sarah and Tamra is left living with Rapey Ryan and his ugly wood floors?

Shannon said that once she befriends you, you are her friend for life.  She's really full of herself.  I don't think she knows what a real friend is.  She doesn't realize that a real friend wouldn't openly doubt her friend's boyfriend's cancer.  She would give her friend the benefit of the doubt and if she can't, and has suspicions, she would keep it to herself because that's what friends do.  That's why Vicki was upset with her at their lunch.  Shannon was acting like she was a prosecuting attorney and Vicki was the main witness.  She just would not leave it alone.  How many times does someone need to tell you they don't want to talk about a particular hurtful subject?  I wouldn't have been as nice as Vicki was to her.  I would have told her to fuck off and lose my number!  Who needs friends that don't believe in you?

I agree that Shannon should have respected Vicki's desire to drop the subject, but V's response just makes little sense to me. Tamra is the one who freaking brought the psychic on and basically started all this. And Vicki admitted that last night! Heather also approached her about - although Heather spun it in a much better way. Why is Vicki only getting pissed off at Shannon? I honestly believe, going back to Brooks's birthday dinner, that Shannon was just trying to help. And Vicki was the one who got nasty. She lashed out at Shannon in such a harsh way and did not show ANY grace or forgiveness when Shannon backed down and was tripping over herself to apologize. The fact that Vicki was able to turn on her that quickly, leads me to believe it was SHE that was never the 100% committed friend, not Shannon. 

I did laugh at Meghan when she shaded Tamra about her being the one to read Brooks paperwork. Did yall catch that? I was like omg.

Haha! She was like - "You're stupid, of course they'd have YOU read it".

• Love 20

Tamara is an even bigger idiot than I thought if she thinks going to church is magically going to help Ryan and Sarah fix their relationship. They can go to church every single day of the week but they're still two poorly functioning adults who make questionable life choices. Top that off with them not having any money and an inability to feed their children breakfast and you have a recipe for disaster. Church can't fix that.

A lot of churches/ministers/pastors/priests offer marriage/couples counseling as part of their services. Of course, that doesn't mean that it always works and, in Ryan and Sarah's case, may be a waste of time. And, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. My sympathies are with 4 kids who'll be impacted by these idiots for the rest of their lives, even after they've grown and have moved on and it looks like the deck is stacked against them.

As for Brooks cancer...this horse has been beat to death. If the man really has cancer then I genuinely wish him well, all good luck and have no answer (aside from $) why he--or anyone--would allow this fiasco to play out on national TV. If it turns out he's faking (and I give him the benefit of the doubt--innocent until proven guilty and all that) then he should rot in hell. Either way, this storyline is a heinous and cynical attempt for controversy and ratings and should never have been allowed for many reasons.

Oh, and I believe that there are 'bibles for blondes'...versions which use small words and are annotated to explain the oblique references. There are also bible classes where everything will be explained to you slowly and patiently.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 9
I've met more church goers that are like tamra then not. Perhaps, structured religion is for her.

Totally agree. 100%. Yes, yes, YES!

That said, I do think it is "good" for Tamara. She needed to change something. Whatever the motivations, I find her more tolerable.

Who I can't stand talking about "religion" is The Queen of Acquisitiveness herself, Vickie. Satan's work? B, please. Try YOUR work in an effort to remain the center of attention this season.

• Love 8

I Loooooooove that Meghan stands up to Vicki and seems to have absolutely no fear whatsoever. I think that is why Tamra feels so secure around her, because she is a badass and very confident. However, Meghan is also kind of a psycho. I can totally see her digging around in Vicki's garbage looking for stuff to prove Brooks does not have cancer. Or looking for the truth so she can serve justice. But it seems like she scared Vicki off the show, which is no small feat. 

I will take Meghan and Jim Bob over Brooks and Vicki any day. 

I can't put my finger on it, but the whole Dr. visit was strange. Why was the electron lady there? I just didn't get it, it was all nonsense. I did get the sense the Dr. thought the papers were fake, he pretty much said so. Why is Brooks showing his "records" now? I thought he didn't want to talk about it. Also, Vicki was acting like she had never seen Brooks take a pill before. Doesn't he do this every day?

So so so weird. And completely boring. The best part was the charcuterie board, which my snobby foodie husband said Heather was wrong about (charcuterie is just meat, not meat and cheese). 

The doctor did not think that Brooks' medical records were fake. The records were forwarded to him by Brooks's oncologist. He was in a conversation with Vicki who was telling him that they were both under stress because of her girlfriends saying that Brooks was faking the cancer. So the doctor was referencing that. Brooks was getting an autologous blood transfusion-- they removed blood, hyperoxygenated it and then transfused it back to him.  That is not something that is a standard of care for cancer treatment, it is an alternative therapy. And people/family/visitors are pretty clueless when it comes to how long an IV chemo/biologic--even transfusion will take. They can take a very long time. I had people come with their loved one for treatment who were diabetic and did not pack a lunch and look at me (the nurse) as in-- "aren't you going to feed me? I'm diabetic!" when hello! you are not the patient here-- if you are hungry, go to the cafeteria or to any of the dozens of local eateries lol. So Vicki's cluelessness is pretty global. Not all cancer patients know what the tests are called-- some are deliberately uninformed--CT-PET is actually kind of confusing because many CT tests use dye too (injectable and oral) and it is actually kind of all done at the same time so it doesn't seem like there are 2 tests happening.

• Love 12

I agree that Shannon should have respected Vicki's desire to drop the subject, but V's response just makes little sense to me. Tamra is the one who freaking brought the psychic on and basically started all this. And Vicki admitted that last night! Heather also approached her about - although Heather spun it in a much better way. Why is Vicki only getting pissed off at Shannon? I honestly believe, going back to Brooks's birthday dinner, that Shannon was just trying to help. And Vicki was the one who got nasty. She lashed out at Shannon in such a harsh way and did not show ANY grace or forgiveness when Shannon backed down and was tripping over herself to apologize. The fact that Vicki was able to turn on her that quickly, leads me to believe it was SHE that was never the 100% committed friend, not Shannon.

I posted an article earlier about when Brooks first announced his cancer. That was last year, October 2nd. The interesting thing wasn't the article iteself, it was the comments and reactions from viewers of the article. Probably 90% of the people - a year ago, long before we ever saw any of this on our TV's - were saying that Brooks was lying. Random people who have follwed the Brooks/Vicki storyline thought that he was trying to sway public attention to get sympathy. On it's face that is meaningless; it certainly doesn't prove anything. The thing that it does say is that people were questioning him right from the beginning, something that Vicki and Brooks had to know. I have zero reason to believe that they, or people close to them, don't read these articles and look for the pulse of public opinion. I believe that they both had a heads up that this was going to be questioned.

I think that is why Vicki is upset with Shannon more than the others. It's hardly a shock that Tamra would question him - she has never liked him. That would hardly cause a major reaction from the public, who for the most part don't like Tamra. Heather is the same, although a little bit different. She also came into this season with a lack of fans for the most part. Who would really care what she thought? There is also the simple fact that Heather presented her case better. She came at the conversation by making it all about Vicki. She expressed concern that perhaps Vicki was being taken for a ride. Vicki always needs for everything to be about her and Heather gets that this is the best way to approach Vicki. The thing that Shannon did was to make it about herself. She said that she was in a bad space, because people were coming to her with questions. She said she had been put in an awkward position. Vicki isn't going to like that, and she even said she wanted to talk about herself, not about Brooks. I think that at the end of the day, Vicki didn't expect for Shannon to question any of this. Shannon still has a lot of sway with the viewers and was coming off a big win as the "favorite HW of all time". For her to question Brooks might lend a credibility that questions from the others would not.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 11

A lot of churches/ministers/pastors/priests offer marriage/couples counseling as part of their services. Of course, that doesn't mean that it always works and, in Ryan and Sarah's case, may be a waste of time. And, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn. My sympathies are with 4 kids who'll be impacted by these idiots for the rest of their lives, even after they've grown and have moved on and it looks like the deck is stacked against them.

As for Brooks cancer...this horse has been beat to death. If the man really has cancer then I genuinely wish him well, all good luck and have no answer (aside from $) why he--or anyone--would allow this fiasco to play out on national TV. If it turns out he's faking (and I give him the benefit of the doubt--innocent until proven guilty and all that) then he should rot in hell. Either way, this storyline is a heinous and cynical attempt for controversy and ratings and should never have been allowed for many reasons.

Oh, and I believe that there are 'bibles for blondes'...versions which use small words and are annotated to explain the oblique references. There are also bible classes where everything will be explained to you slowly and patiently.

Really kind of scares me because the only thing worse than stupid is religious stupid.

• Love 23
I did think it was funny that as good an actress as Heather thinks she is, she could barely hide her annoyance with the crank call.

I was perfectly fine with that, with her TH that followed the annoyance.  They were there, she and the good Doctor, to sell product, not to fool around with a prank call from Tammy Sue.

In defense of Terry, not everyone can speak extemporaneously the way they do on these home shopping networks.  Talking about the same thing for two hours is a pretty daunting task.  I wanted to coach him into forgetting the cameras were there and just have the conversation with Heather or the host or the model.  That's how the good ones do this.  It's a hard transition to make, but I think someone got him to understand this, from the footage we saw.

Is it possible that anyone on these boards saw the sell-a-thon on Evine live?  BTW, it was nice to see Minneapolis on the program - I live about 20 miles outside the city.

ETA:

I wonder how Bravo and the rest of ladies will feel if, and again, God forbid, Brooks should pass away sooner rather than later?  It's horrible.

It would be just the same as on RHOA where Mama Joyce was picking on her son-in-law's mom and then mom passed during the episode.  Fortunately, Bravo had the intelligence to pull the rest of Mama's horrid talk about the mom, but then she lost her storyline pretty much for that whole season.

I was also surprised by the revelation that Sarah lost the family business.  How in the world, especially this NRA-driven world, does one lose a gun-related business?  I hope someone has some references about what happened to it.

As far as Shannon's relationship with Vickie goes, Shannon has tried to be a good friend.  I have seen no discussions where Shannon has outright said Brooks doesn't have cancer.  She provided resources for Brooks which, rightfully or wrongfully, Brooks chose not to take advantage of.  That's fine.  But I would have a difficult time with this whole storyline, were it happening to one of my friends, and I was trying to stand by my friend and there was so much static out there about the accuracy of the details of the storyline.  Shannon was still hanging in there, but was really getting overwhelmed with the information that was being presented.  I don't blame Shannon one bit.

As to the other HW, they get no such pass.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 12

This is reminding me of Aviva throwing her x-Ray at the RHONY women to prove she had asthma. It was clearly a mammogram and an x-ray doesn't diagnose asthma. I've been on the fence about Brooks but at this point, if he does/ did have cancer he is making a mockery of it. On a t.v. show no less. If you wanted to prove you had cancer and that was the medical report you received from your doctor, you would ask them to correct and re-send them. They are absolutely unacceptable. Also, what doctor ever, ever says "Unless this is fake." Sounds like a disclaimer to avoid a lawsuit. Another thing, Brooks demeanor doesn't change, ever. He apparently feels the exact same about food, Brianna, alcohol, Vicki's vagina (last season) and his cancer. His posture, tone of voice, nothing changes. He overshares until he is put on the spot, then he freaks out that it's none of their business. With all the other astute observations i've seen posted here.... I'm calling bullshit.

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 20

I thought I was hearing things when rat-face Ryan said he was looking for a job in aerospace. Er, he never even went to college. WTF?

I thought the same thing when he said Aerospace, I said as what a janitor. Douche bag is lying or seriously delusional. Gramballs said Sarah lost her business does anyone know what it was? There is no pasture in the world that can help Ryan! He's a straight up asshole who wants everything without actually wotking. And the way they are talking about his relationship I put an expiration date on him and Sarah. Think the milk in my fridge will last longer!

I really do not want to hear any more about Brooks the out come is shitty either way. If the man does have Cancer of that stage and magnitude his prognosis is grim. If they are lying then he us just a crooked, grifter, fame whore. No happy endings.

And for the love of Pete Meghan stop trying to be a private detective and start a fugly headband line or domeyhinh. Seriously woman give us a break!

Edited by Texasmom1970
  • Love 6

I just don't get Brooks. If he is faking the document, wouldn't he go to the trouble of, say, disentangling all the words?

I know, see this is why I'm not understanding the conspiracy. There has been suggested explanations for the report looking like that however there isn't an explanation in the world that would explain why someone would go through the trouble of forging an important document like that to show as PROOF of something only to come up with that. So you put the effort and energy into this con but can't come up with the energy to produce an immaculate forgery? That's not how doctoring works. LOL. 

• Love 9
Another thing, Brooks demeanor doesn't change, ever. He apparently feels the exact same about food, Brianna, alcohol, Vicki's vagina (last season) and his cancer. His posture, tone of voice, nothing changes.

This is very true. To me, that speaks of practiced conman. He has spent years honing his disposition, so that he can remain calm no matter what. He is very very unnatural, IMO. 

• Love 14

Both Shannon anD Tamra need to pick a lane and stick to it! They have both been flipping flopping back and forth with this issue. Tamra was the worst tonight because she believed the paperwork then when Meghan presented new information she fucking went all paranoid and said "I don't know what to believe!" I, at least, like that Shannon says "The truth will come out."

When Tamra was sitting with 'Pasture Mike' she said that reading the Bible was not an easy thing to read, "thou shalt not".... She suggested there should be a 'blonde version' of the Bible. So to hand Tamra a medical report in which the text was compressed that read; "FINDINGS: Thereisalargemasssurroundingtheceliacandsuperiormesenteryvessels" would be like handing Tamra the Dead Sea Scrolls and asking her to understand them immediately. ............not likely to happen in anyone's life time. In order to make Tamra understand ANYTHING, a person has to speak in words that contain no more than two syllables, spoken in a clear, slow voice with no other external distractions such as color, light and sound.

• Love 12
Could stupid Terry fake flub his lines any less? Man, I can't stand him.

That scene was so fake.  OMG like we are to believe terry cannot act on camera after watching him showboat on this show for the past several years.  He said to the cameras he is not comfortable in front of live cameras - uh wtf is this show?  LMAO

These OC women, I am convinced more than ever, are total idiot morons.  They are really short on brain cells.  What is it about life in the OC that makes you live in such a bubble that things like scallops, medication, IV bags, jobs, supporting ones self, and many more, are completely foreign concepts?  When Vicki was messing with Brooks' IV bag and saying lets make it go in faster I was like good lord woman!  Back away from the IV bag!  All I was imagining was maybe she would squeeze an air bubble in there lol - sorry is that mean?

• Love 11

I put on my Meghan PI headband during the show and googled Brooks' doctor. He is an MD, which is the only thing that stopped me from putting doctor in quotes, but is a member of the American Institute of Natural Medicine. So there's that.

I'm not a doctor, and I hate to contribute to doubting someone has cancer, but... 1. Wouldn't a treatment of oxygenated blood, to cause his cells to regenerate or whatever the doctor spouted, also cause his cancer cells to grow? And 2. If this is Brooks' third time with this cancer wouldn't he have had prior scans? There was a part of the report that seemed to indicate there was no other scan to which this one could be compared.

• Love 10

I also think Terry wearing scrubs versus a million dollar suit shows how far he feels out of his comfort zone.

I think that's purposeful to remind everyone that he's a Dr./plastic surgeon.  Products seem to have instant credibility if a plastic surgeon or dermotologist is involved in the development or hawking.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 16

I put on my Meghan PI headband during the show and googled Brooks' doctor. He is an MD, which is the only thing that stopped me from putting doctor in quotes, but is a member of the American Institute of Natural Medicine. So there's that.

I'm not a doctor, and I hate to contribute to doubting someone has cancer, but... 1. Wouldn't a treatment of oxygenated blood, to cause his cells to regenerate or whatever the doctor spouted, also cause his cancer cells to grow? And 2. If this is Brooks' third time with this cancer wouldn't he have had prior scans? There was a part of the report that seemed to indicate there was no other scan to which this one could be compared.

Question for you - did the Meghan PI headband help you in your search for justice and truth? Would appreciate knowing before rushing out to purchase one.

I also found it odd that the doctor said there was no other scan to compare it with. Shady as fuck.

• Love 11

Lawd, never thought I would see the day when a RH thread would partially read like something off a webmd discussion board. Is this the world we live in (tm Sarah)?

I'm gonna miss the Vicki and Shannon friendship. It made more sense and they jived together more than Vicki Tamra. Tamra in the cat bird seat makes my stomach churn. Watching Tamra re-befriend Shannon is like watching a boa constrictor coil around a rabbit. Shannon is too gullible to realize Tamra for the serpent she is.   She gonna learn. Time is Tamra mortal enemy. That and wooden stakes, silver bullets, it seems she developed an immunity to holy water and sunlight.

I did think it was funny that as good an actress as Heather thinks she is, she could barely hide her annoyance with the crank call.  

I don't blame Heather for being annoyed. It was stupid as hell. Tamra could have called in as herself and congratulated the Dubrows and brought some products and I think that would have been great and the actions of a friend. Calling in as Cinnamon with that stupid voice was just immature and not funny and derailed their flow. It was just something for Tamra to do to bring attention on herself. 

And, THIS is exactly why Bravo should not have aired this whole thing.  If, God forbid, what you say is true, I'm assuming he could die from this, no?  (I have no real/close knowledge of NHL.)  

At this point I don't believe Brooks death would be the end of it. They would either believe he faked his death or want to see the autopsy report. "Why can't you just show us the autopsy report?" because they don't believe he died of cancer. Meghan would get in contact with another ex who told them that Brooks once lied about a near death experience in a bathtub. Then if they got the report, Meghan would call and find out that that facility hasn't done autopsies in 10 years. 

I thought I was hearing things when rat-face Ryan said he was looking for a job in aerospace.  Er, he never even went to college.  WTF?  Unless he means he's gonna sit around in that blah house Tams rented for him & watch The Jetsons all day with the baby & Sarah's kids.  

Maybe NASA is back to launching rodents into space? I'm all for strapping Ryan to a rocket and launching him (and his mom) towards the sun. 

I can't put my finger on it, but the whole Dr. visit was strange. Why was the electron lady there?

The electron lady set the meeting up. As they were about to go in for the visit, Vicki turns to her and says thanks for setting this up for us. 

I still hate this storyline and I don't know what to think but I will say the more Brooks and Vicki go on the less credible they look. 

This is very true. To me, that speaks of practiced conman. He has spent years honing his disposition, so that he can remain calm no matter what. He is very very unnatural, IMO. 

But Bernie Madoff he ain't. Hell, he probably couldn't sell a few rubes into joining a pyramid scheme at Courtyard Inn sales pitch. He couldn't even get viewers to believe that he actually cares about Vicki. People pegged Brooks as a conman the moment he appeared on Bravo screens with his cornball affirmations so he really is extremely bad at it. What made him think he could pull off a cancer con (if this is one) is beyond me. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 19

Look, at this point, I really don't give a fig whether Brooks has cancer or not. If he is faking, shame on him, but really, who is being scammed by his con? Vicki, and at least during filming, she was all in. So why this need to investigate and ferret out the truth. Yes, people have faked cancer and many of them have held fundraisers and bilked people out of money for fake treatments. As far as I know, the only person he has scammed is Vicki and she is a big girl and doesn't need those dumb bitches to protect her. If Vicki is supporting Brooks financially because he has conned her into thinking that he has cancer, then there is nothing that the other hos can do about it and it's not like they haven't warned her. 

'Megan with her "truth, justice and the American way" (snark) speech was just ridiculous. Leann, rest her soul, was not being somehow scammed or hurt in any way by Brook's con. So just shut the eff up. It takes a lot of balls to start calling doctors and medical facilities. Do I think that Brooks showed dummy Tamra his test results because she is the stupidest one and wouldn't know what she is looking at. I dunno, they are all pretty dumb. 

Ryan continues to be gross. He has some leads in aerospace? lol, do they need a towel folder?

Shut up with the church lady thing Tamra! We all know that you are thirsty for a storyline this season and I guess finding God is it. 

• Love 15

I froze the TV when Tamra was holding the report which was dated 4/18/15. I was able to read most of the findings.

[edited to keep post succinct]

Now for the OFFICIAL report.......

CT ABDOMEN: CLINICAL HISTORY: Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. COMPARISON: None

FINDINGS: There is a large mass surrounding the celiac and superior mesentery vessels. Mass measures 14x13.1 x 13.4 cm. (approx 5 x 5 inches) Necrotic center. The additional retroperitoneal lymphadenopathy is seen in the periaortic region.

I hope all of this cancer-no cancer bullshit is over and finished. I'm so sick of it. The man has CANCER!!

IMG_0641.jpg

IMO... All that strung together language reeks of cut and paste or some kind of copy/import.... Which messes with formatting (the words all strung together). Would a professional report (which is usually intended for a professional) be so badly formatted? IMO no.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned...I'm jumping in after only reading page one!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 2

I thought I was hearing things when rat-face Ryan said he was looking for a job in aerospace.  Er, he never even went to college.  WTF?  Unless he means he's gonna sit around in that blah house Tams rented for him & watch The Jetsons all day with the baby & Sarah's kids.  

Thanks, Tams, for finally letting us know what's going on with Sarah -- that she lost her business.  OK then.  And Tams said Rat-face has to support 4 kids.  What the what?  So Sarah gets no child support from these kids' daddies?  No, Tams, you're supporting Sarah's 3 kids, cuz it looks like nothing has changed from when we first saw your rat-face son 9 years ago.   He's still a lazy asshole, who thinks he's too good to get a job & work.

Ryan's interview at the aerospace company:  They need janitors?  What other position could he possibly qualify for? 

• Love 4

Question for you - did the Meghan PI headband help you in your search for justice and truth? Would appreciate knowing before rushing out to purchase one.I also found it odd that the doctor said there was no other scan to compare it with. Shady as fuck.

I think it did. I think it trapped more blood in my brain to help focus my search.

Because, Justice!

• Love 8

I don't blame Heather for being annoyed. It was stupid as hell. Tamra could have called in as herself and congratulated the Dubrows and brought some products and I think that would have been great and the actions of a friend. Calling in as Cinnamon with that stupid voice was just immature and not funny and derailed their flow. It was just something for Tamra to do to bring attention on herself. 

I completely agree.

It was beyond obnoxious and not even slightly funny.  

• Love 15

What is with Meagn and the headbands? Is this a new fashion trend and I'm just not cool enough to be up to date? I understand Megan wanting the truth but justice? In what way does outing Brooks serve justice? He won't be punished by a court of law, just the court of public opinion.

I think that Meghan's headbands are what contain her "superhero" powers of fighting for truth and justice!!  :-)

• Love 12

Look, at this point, I really don't give a fig whether Brooks has cancer or not. If he is faking, shame on him, but really, who is being scammed by his con? Vicki, and at least during filming, she was all in. So why this need to investigate and ferret out the truth. Yes, people have faked cancer and many of them have held fundraisers and bilked people out of money for fake treatments. As far as I know, the only person he has scammed is Vicki and she is a big girl and doesn't need those dumb bitches to protect her. If Vicki is supporting Brooks financially because he has conned her into thinking that he has cancer, then there is nothing that the other hos can do about it and it's not like they haven't warned her. 

'Megan with her "truth, justice and the American way" (snark) speech was just ridiculous. Leann, rest her soul, was not being somehow scammed or hurt in any way by Brook's con. So just shut the eff up. It takes a lot of balls to start calling doctors and medical facilities. Do I think that Brooks showed dummy Tamra his test results because she is the stupidest one and wouldn't know what she is looking at. I dunno, they are all pretty dumb. 

I agree that the "truth, justice and the American Way" stuff from Meghan is annoying as hell.

Having said that, why is it surprising/annoying/different than what always happens on these shows? How often do the stupid stories actually have anything to do with the other gals? Tamra spent years trying to prove Gretchen was a liar. She simply couldn't let it rest. She had to prove that Gretchen's relationship with Jeff was a big fat lie. She called ex-boyfriends, and came to the reunion couch with pictures and texts to prove her claims. How in the world did any of it impact her at all? How did the fact that Slade was a slime ball who didn't pay child support impact Vicki? Not at all, but because she had been though something similar, she took it on as her cause. What difference did it make to the other gals that Alexis was pretending to have money that she didn't have? So she was a liar; how did that change what was going on in their own lives? The answer (on this show historically much more than on any of the others) is that they hate it when someone is making up a backstory, especially should it be done to gain sympathy from the viewers. I think all of the HW's hate this, but it seems to be more of a problem for the gals on this show. They will let you have your small lies (Tamra considering getting pregnant), but you cannot pretend to be someone you are not if you are doing it simply to make the fans more accepting of you or gain their sympathy. 

I know, see this is why I'm not understanding the conspiracy. There has been suggested explanations for the report looking like that however there isn't an explanation in the world that would explain why someone would go through the trouble of forging an important document like that to show as PROOF of something only to come up with that. So you put the effort and energy into this con but can't come up with the energy to produce an immaculate forgery? That's not how doctoring works. LOL. 

The one thing I cannot get past is him deciding to show it to Tamra. I realize she has known Vicki the longest, but she also has the most distrustful relationship with Brooks. The last thing we heard Brooks say about Tamra was "consider the source". Why give her anything? Why not Shannon? She was the one who was trying to help initially. If she is having doubts based on his behavior, why not get her in a room and explain it to her? She has always been supportive of Brooks. Why not Heather? She was the one who recommended to Vicki that Brooks release some of his medical stuff to quiet the conversation. She and Terry have supported Brooks from day one, and of course Terry has a medical background. It is just strange that they would go to Tamra, who is not only the dumbest of them all, but the one who dislikes Brooks the most. 

• Love 10

I really think that the whole "does Brooks really have cancer?" is in bad taste.  He is not asking these women for money or fundraising, only some consideration and prayers. 

EXACTLY! ANNNNDDD on WWHL Annabelle turned to Heather at one point and said "why would someone fake cancer?" and Heather's response was about something recent that was in the news about a scam of some sort where people where requesting donations, funds or whatever and I'm like ummm yeah there are people who do it and in her case it was to get donations from strangers that amounts to a whooooooolllleeee lot, but Brooks isn't setting up web donation funds and asking any of you for money...... uggghhhh!!!

• Love 9

I really do not care if Brooks does or does not have cancer. I don't care if he is faking. If it comes out that he is, no outrage here. This has been beaten to death and is so gross and annoying I want it to just end!!!!! This "scandal" is just making me totally apathetic to the whole thing

Bravo: A Fake Cancer storyline shared by basically ALL the housewives makes for very VERY boring TV. Seriously. This has to be hands down the worst season ( IMO) of RHOC.

Meghan, on your search for justice and truth STFU!!! Who are you , Cancer Batman? Are you going to arrest Brooks and throw him in jail? And oh yeah your 'medical background?' Selling equipment doesn't give you a 'medical background' sit down and shut up!!!

On to Rapey Ryan and Sarah...you could practically feel the tension though the TV. Tamra acknowledging that they are going through a rough patch is an interesting preface to the shit storm that happens later. Do we have any updates on that? Ryan Sucks, Sarah sucks, can Lizzie just adopt all of the kids?

Anyway, zero interest in cancer, baptisms or justice and truth. Sad that Heather And Terry's boring infomercial was one of the 'better' parts of the episode, aside from watching Ryan and Sarah barely hold it together for the cameras. Hate to see what happens behind closed doors.

ETA: loved Shannon's workout footage, also did anyone  else think she was buzzing pretty hard during that dinner? I was dying

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 10

Overall, I've been pretty indifferent to the cancer and Brooks issue.  Full disclosure, I've in the past been the victim of a few people who feigned some serious illnesses, and they relied on the common decency of people to not question the issue to scam them until tripped up on their own bullshit.  So based on my own experiences, I don't necessarily find it beyond the pale that anyone is asking questions.  Megan has gone overboard, and I'm not 100% on her motives.  She seems to be caught in this loop of not realizing how reckless she's being just because she's so sure that Brooks is a liar. 

Having said that, I wasn't truly suspicious until last night.  The whole thing just read wrong to me, and it was like they were doing everything possible to get the doctor to straight out say that Brooks currently has cancer, and the doctor was dancing around that.  As far as where Vicki falls in this, I don't know.  I've only really watched the past two seasons, so I guess I've missed the worst of her.  As of now, if there is something "hinky" going on, I don't believe that she actually came up with "Hey, let's say that you have cancer, Brooks!".

It's annoying, because I don't really like Shannon much at all, but I find her reactions to everything believable, and this is one of the rare times I feel some sympathy for her, though from the previews more talk of "The Affair!" might wipe that out.

• Love 6