Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Broken Records

• Start Topic

If you go to the Club Detox home page, click on "testimonials", and you will read what Dr. Z says about them. He is a supporter of this "Club".

So? Okay, so lets say that Dr. Z is in fact the Dr. Brooks is talking about when discusses the success of Resveratrol.The resveratrol is what's being attributed to being a possibily effective cancer treatment. Club Detox has it's own products and services adverstised for a variety of health benefits. Just because there are people who found the services of Club Detox beneficial for whatever health issues they were combating doesn't mean that Club Detox is some scamming scam that's illegit. I mean, for whatever services they provide people seem pleased with it. It doesn't necessarily have to be strung together and connected with any one particular ailment. Seems to me Club Detox is reaching towards claiming a wide range of overall health benefits and not trying to make specific declarations to any one ailment in particular.

I find Vicki/Brooks and the Dr.'s support of Club Detox to be a benign detail.

• Love 3

Brooks says that Heather might know the Dr. and Heather is the one that comments, in a TH I believe, about going to the same Dr for cellulite. Brooks talks about this very same Dr curing himself of NHL with resveratrol.

Ok here is where I think there is confusion (with Heather too) Brooks tells the HW that he going to stop chemo and start resveratrol. Then he tells the HW of a doctor that successfully treated his own NHL with resveratrol. This is the doctor that he said Heather might know and indeed she does. The confusion is that Brooks doesn't say that this is the same doctor that will be treating Brooks.

Listen to the clip again. I'm hoping that some of this will be cleared up with the Andy/Brooks interview, though I'm not holding my breath.

• Love 3

So? Okay, so lets say that Dr. Z is in fact the Dr. Brooks is talking about when discusses the success of Resveratrol.The resveratrol is what's being attributed to being a possibily effective cancer treatment. Club Detox has it's own products and services adverstised for a variety of health benefits. Just because there are people who found the services of Club Detox beneficial for whatever health issues they were combating doesn't mean that Club Detox is some scamming scam that's illegit. I mean, for whatever services they provide people seem pleased with it. It doesn't necessarily have to be strung together and connected with any one particular ailment. Seems to me Club Detox is reaching towards claiming a wide range of overall health benefits and not trying to make specific declarations to any one ailment in particular.

I find Vicki/Brooks and the Dr.'s support of Club Detox to be a benign detail.

I do think that had no one questioned Brooks about his treatment choice and whether or not he really has a current diagnosis of NHL, he and Vicki would have been pushing Club Detox on camera as a new "treatment" for NHL.

I, myself, could care less abut this site and their claims, which I do think reach beyond anything tested and proven IMO, but then again, I have a pharmacy background and prefer methods, be they Traditional Werstern medicine or Eastern/Holistic Medicine that have been proven to work. The key word here is "proven"

Ok here is where I think there is confusion (with Heather too) Brooks tells the HW that he going to stop chemo and start resveratrol. Then he tells the HW of a doctor that successfully treated his own NHL with resveratrol. This is the doctor that he said Heather might know and indeed she does. The confusion is that Brooks doesn't say that this is the same doctor that will be treating Brooks.

Listen to the clip again. I'm hoping that some of this will be cleared up with the Andy/Brooks interview, though I'm not holding my breath.

IMO, there is NO confusion about this Dr., Brooks, himself, points out that Heather may know this specific Dr, she admits that she does in fact know him and she even questions this in a couple of THs. This IS the same Dr. that Brooks was speaking about at CUT.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

I did listen to that clip again and while Brooks doesn't specifically say that he's going to Dr. Z for reservatrol treatments, I believe it was implied.   Heather cleared up any doubt about that when she had her sit down with Vicki.   She brought up the idea that perhaps Vicki and/or Brooks were being duped and specifically mentions Dr. Z as the doctor she went to for her cellulite treatment.   If Dr. Z was not the doctor Brooks was seeing for reservatrol treatments, Vicki would have shut her down immediately.  She did not which IMHO confirms the fact that he is.

• Love 4

IMO, there is NO confusion about this Dr., Brooks, himself, points out that Heather may know this specific Dr, she admits that she does in fact know him and she even questions this in a couple of THs. This IS the same Dr. that Brooks was speaking about at CUT.

Yes Heather knows the doctor that used resveratrol, but IS THAT THE SAME DOCTOR that treated Brooks? No we do not know that for sure.

I did listen to that clip again and while Brooks doesn't specifically say that he's going to Dr. Z for reservatrol treatments, I believe it was implied.   Heather cleared up any doubt about that when she had her sit down with Vicki.   She brought up the idea that perhaps Vicki and/or Brooks were being duped and specifically mentions Dr. Z as the doctor she went to for her cellulite treatment.   If Dr. Z was not the doctor Brooks was seeing for reservatrol treatments, Vicki would have shut her down immediately.  She did not which IMHO confirms the fact that he is.

He does not specifically say it was Dr. Z and Dr. Z is a naturopath not a cellulite doctor. Whatever the hell that is.
  • Love 1

Yes Heather knows the doctor that used resveratrol, but IS THAT THE SAME DOCTOR that treated Brooks? No we do not know that for sure.

He does not specifically say it was Dr. Z and Dr. Z is a naturopath not a cellulite doctor. Whatever the hell that is.

You don't have to believe Dr. Z was treating Brooks with reservatrol.

No other doctor was mentioned so I believe it.

We can just agree to disagree.

• Love 5

Once again, Meghan lies about having cancer to bust someone she believes is lying about cancer.

No one calls Meghan out on that glaring inconsistency.

The Dubrows and the prank call are the best parts of this episode.

I loved what Terry said about Heather. It was so loving and sweet.

While I know what the term means when used in this context, assigned to these people "talent" is such a misnomer. They are one talent-less group of talent. The again, they are talented at creating meaningless drama, misinterpreting simple statements, and battling for the title of biggest jerks around.

Some say she was sleeping. Some say she passed out from too much day drinking. Po-tay-to, Po-tah-to.

Tammy Sue must be happy, She scored the season finale party with her pasteurization. If the water doesn't boil when she is dunked, there is no god.

STOP making me snort and guffaw, damnit! (lol!)

I don't think either Vicki or Brooks expected the cancer storyline to be controversial. They probably thought there would be scenes of their life with Brooks cancer and the Club Detox as a supplement for Brooks health. I don't think anyone would have thought Tamra was going to take it where she did. Including winding up the giraffe and siccing her on V & B.

I agree with your hypothesis and conclusion :-)

• Love 3

People advocate for hollistic medicines ALL THE TIME to treat all things including life threatening illnesses so I don't get why it's so scandalous that Vicki and Brooks give positive reviews to something that they feel is beneficial to overall health. So far it looks like they are expressing how pleased they were with the product. I would bet that anyone who is doing research for their own health reasons would be able to see what the product claims to help, what the benefits are etc. and make decisions based on what the product is claiming to do vs. what they need in terms of health care. It's all about the advertising. If they are blantanly saying their product officially beats cancer that's one thing but if it's just advocating a way to get your body in it's best state to fight illnesses and health issues that's another. Just like a lot of products out there, it's about claiming that it can help put your best foot forward and be prepared, not that it's the cure all. And I'm not even sure the product even claims more than just clean living for the body, detox and overall wellness.

The woman who started the thing said she was "cancer borderline" WTF does that mean? She is making it up. She is saying she was close to having cancer but came up with this juice and now she is healthy. This B.S. Vicki is involved with is crazy town. Juice is extremely good for you from what I understand. Selling it with a bunch of lies and claims that don't make sense on YouTube and Facebook should make people want to spend their money on any other brand of juice but this one.

• Love 2

One more thing, this isn't his first time with cancer, so why wouldn't he already have a team in place? Maybe not for homeopathy but for Western treatment he would have. I'm not sure if he said it was his second or third relapse, the second one being a couple of years ago....which would mean that he was with Vicki already. Where am I going with this.... I don't know. Just little things that pop in and I wonder about. 

• Love 4

One new thing I noticed today after watching the episode again was in the Dr. office scene.

Brooks is thanking the doctor for seeing him, then adds that he hopes the doctor got his forwarded records, to which the doctor says yes.

The doctor then takes the "mockument" out of a very thin file.      There is NO way someone who has the supposed history Brooks does with NHL, would have a 1/2 inch file of records.

Yes, most things are computerized these days, but the doctor was shown using an old style manila file folder.

The doctor would also want to look at and comment on his blood work, first and foremost.

Edited by Cherrio
  • Love 5

One new thing I noticed today after watching the episode again was in the Dr. office scene.

Brooks is thanking the doctor for seeing him, then adds that he hopes the doctor got his forwarded records, to which the doctor says yes.

The doctor then takes the "mockument" out of a very thin file.      There is NO way someone who has the supposed history Brooks does with NHL, would have a 1/2 inch file of records.

Yes, most things are computerized these days, but the doctor was shown using an old style manila file folder.

The doctor would also want to look at and comment on his blood work, first and foremost.

All of what you said and how come neither one of them was carrying the binder, all color coded and tabbed? Hm.

• Love 6

I agree with you and it's funny. Sometimes it's all about what we see on the show ver batim and other times what's assumed turns into what the cast member strongly "implied" and therefore enough proof. This is why I like to keep the lines clear when debating a topic.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4

I agree with green eyed, it wasn't proven for sure that that is the same doctor that was going to give Brooks the treatment. I mean I'm going by what was shown and what was specifically said. Brooks was giving the example of the Dr. and also mentioned that Heather knows the Dr. IN HIS EXAMPLE. He never says that he was the Dr. that would be administering his particular Resvratrol treatment. I totally read the scene like this. "Hey I read about this Dr. who saw positive results after using Resvratrol, hey Heather I believe you know the Dr. I'm referring to. I'm going to try it too, can't hurt" No where in there did he suggest that he sought out the Dr. to recieve the treatments. I took it like he was pointing out this example of a hopeful new angle to try with a case that had positive results.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

I agree with green eyed, it wasn't proven for sure that that is the same doctor that was going to give Brooks the treatment. I mean I'm going by what was shown and what was specifically said. Brooks was giving the example of the Dr. and also mentioned that Heather knows the Dr. IN HIS EXAMPLE. He never says that he was the Dr. that would be administering his particular Resvratrol treatment. I totally read the scene like this. "Hey I read about this Dr. who saw positive results after using Resvratrol, hey Heather I believe you know the Dr. I'm referring to. I'm going to try it too, can't hurt" No where in there did he suggest that he sought out the Dr. to recieve the treatments. I took it like he was pointing out this example of a hopeful new angle to try with a case that had positive results.

I guess you missed when Heather has her sit down with Vicki, at Shannon's party, that she makes a comment about Brooks getting resveratrol/treatments from her cellulite Dr. They are one in the same.

I guess you missed when Heather has her sit down with Vicki, at Shannon's party, that she makes a comment about Brooks getting resveratrol/treatments from her cellulite Dr. They are one in the same.

I didn't miss it I just don't remember it or interpret it the same way you do.

An off hand comment made by a third party doesn't constitue absolute proof for me.

Also not sure about the context of that comment.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

Oh, Vicki. Your throat is so special and delicate and tiny and feminine. Not even pills can pass through it. 

Is she tryin' ta tell us that nothing bigger than a pill can fit into that delicate portal?

Yeah - right after I read this, I remembered how she deep-throated that penis lollipop during the episode of Tamra's bachelorette party!  Poor little sensitive throat that she has.

• Love 5

If someone hasn't already recut Vicki's "I'm done, call Brooks, I'm done" speech into a rap, then that needs to happen, stat.

I found this...maybe there's a gif of her saying "I'm done, call Brooks" somewhere!

tumblr_nv36tqPowK1rlafseo1_400.gif

tumblr_nuqi5waV9W1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Edited by talula
  • Love 3

Here's what Brooks said.  He was pausing chemo and was taking a new blast of antioxidants.  And then he said to Heather that she might know the doctor.  It's the second video down:

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/blogs/vicki-gunvalson/vicki-we-are-both-experiencing

But Brooks originally claimed he was replacing his chemo with Reservatrol (or whatever it's called) b/c it cured the quack.

I wonder what Vicki thought when she watched the show and saw Eddie saying "bullshit" when Tamra was talking on the phone to Vicki about Brooks cancer on the first episode.I also wonder if production skewered the timeline and that conversation was way later, after the others were doubting their cancer story. Otherwise why would Eddie have said that so early on?

I am convinced that scene with Eddie commenting "bullshit!" during Tamra's phonecall was shown out of sequence.
  • Love 2

But Brooks originally claimed he was replacing his chemo with Reservatrol (or whatever it's called) b/c it cured the quack.

I am convinced that scene with Eddie commenting "bullshit!" during Tamra's phonecall was shown out of sequence.

I heard what's his face say he was pausing chemo.

There are breaks in between chemo rounds.

It's true that cancer patients often turn to eastern medicine and alternatives but it is normally in concert with chemo and whatever the oncologist prescribes. That doctor was a family doctor connected to juicing and I guarantee Brooks will be selling some juice regimen in 3 mos because he is "cured". Vicki is just lonely and that is why she gets so defensive when people question these lies. She will be back with Brooks when the show is over. This doctor is not even a D.O. Which I would go to if western medicine has no more answers or alternatives. Brooks is a con artist and I can't believe RHOC does not take him off the air for the fraud he is.

I'm super behind, as usual but this is all true
my husband was just diagnosed with cancer of the tonsils. Most people do both traditional and alternative some just do alternative. Some do just alternative. Its not recommended to just do alternative but people do what they want

On another note that oxygen blood thing Brooks did is not legal in the US. My parents used to go to Mexico with their doctor to get it done and this is what Lance Armstrong was busted for. Unless things have changed someone was lying about that treatment Edited by Lisin
  • Love 3

I'm super behind, as usual but this is all true

my husband was just diagnosed with cancer of the tonsils. Most people do both traditional and alternative some just do alternative. Some do just alternative. Its not recommended to just do alternative but people do what they want

On another note that oxygen blood thing Brooks did is not legal in the US. My parents used to go to Mexico with their doctor to get it done and this is what Lance Armstrong was busted for. Unless things have changed someone was lying about that treatment

Sending out good thoughts and wishes that your husband has an easy time of it all, and is well soon.  And no, nothing has changed at least not in sports.  Right now, as far as I know, you cannot walk into a Dr office, have a pint removed, do whatever it is that you think they're going to do, and then have it returned via iv drip.  *(i actually thought that they had done it for dramatic effect).

• Love 3

Sending out good thoughts and wishes that your husband has an easy time of it all, and is well soon.  And no, nothing has changed at least not in sports.  Right now, as far as I know, you cannot walk into a Dr office, have a pint removed, do whatever it is that you think they're going to do, and then have it returned via iv drip.  *(i actually thought that they had done it for dramatic effect).

You're so sweet! Thank you very much for your kind thoughts!!

OK I thought so but I wasn't completely sure.

• Love 2

That's what they did when I sold my plasma to make some extra money in college. It's quite cold when they return it.

Yes they would.

By law, patients are entitled to copies of all of their medical records. Unaltered, unedited.

It is against the law to alter medical records. Even when there are mistakes.

I think you're thinking of the charts that are marked for hospital in-patients.  Doctors are most definitely able to correct typos on documents reporting results of testing.  They're not legally able to claim tests were done that weren't, or to falsely report the results of tests, but they are expected to issue clear, readable documents.  

• Love 5

I think you're thinking of the charts that are marked for hospital in-patients. Doctors are most definitely able to correct typos on documents reporting results of testing. They're not legally able to claim tests were done that weren't, or to falsely report the results of tests, but they are expected to issue clear, readable documents.

When records are printed as opposed to handwritten, the original documents have to remain intact b/c they are legal documents.

Handwritten portions can be corrected by drawing one line through the mistake. Notations cannot be erased. White out cannot be used. All handwritten documentation must be done in blue or black ink.

A clinician can draft another document with the corrections, but the original must remain as is. The evolution of the corrections, edits, addendums etc. must be apparent and clearly seen so the information can be read along a logical and temporal contiuum.

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 1

When records are printed as opposed to handwritten, the original documents have to remain intact b/c they are legal documents.

Handwritten portions can be corrected by drawing one line through the mistake. Notations cannot be erased. White out cannot be used. All handwritten documentation must be done in blue or black ink.

A clinician can draft another document with the corrections, but the original must remain as is. The evolution of the corrections, edits, addendums etc. must be apparent and clearly seen so the information can be read along a logical and temporal contiuum.

----

I'm sorry, but it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that medical transcriptionists are not allowed to correct typos.  If someone types 2 or 3 sentences with no spaces between the words, it in no way negatively affects the record to go back and put in the spaces.

• Love 3

I'm sorry, but it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that medical transcriptionists are not allowed to correct typos. If someone types 2 or 3 sentences with no spaces between the words, it in no way negatively affects the record to go back and put in the spaces.

I stand by my opinion.

I respect your opinion.

Take care.

Why wouldn't the doctor/medical office/whoever,provide the original AND a legible copy, if the original has run ons and other accidents? That seems silly.

If it's available, they do. Patients are entitled to copies of all of their medical records.

I stand by my opinion.

I respect your opinion.

Take care.

This is one of those things that really isn't about opinion.  There are actual documents outlining all these rules.  (As Heather might say, I'm playing the MD card -- Married to a Doctor).

• Love 2

This is one of those things that really isn't about opinion. There are actual documents outlining all these rules. (As Heather might say, I'm playing the MD card -- Married to a Doctor).

Yes I know.

I've provided links to appropriate website where the material can be read. They're somewhere in these threads. I know I put one in the Meghan thread for sure.

Anyway, I'm moving on now.

Thanks.

ETA

I made a mistake. I posted something different in the Meghan thread.

BTW, I work in healthcare. I'm not a doctor or a nurse.

I indicated the info I posted is my opinion b/c there is no way for me to prove how my knowledge was acquired w/o disobeying the forum rules or revealing personal information.

TIA for understanding.

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 1

I still find that hard to believe, but I can see the need to maintain originals. Perhaps Brooks snagged a "draft copy" instead of the "final edition" of this report?