Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Broken Records

• Start Topic

I think Gretchen enjoyed perpetuating the myth Jeff left her money.  Jeff's estate was insolvent and he had no insurance.  Jeff also managed to rack up five wives and four or so kids in his lifetime.  He may have promised it to her but there was nothing to disburse.   There is a certain amount of poetic justice in Gretchen not getting the golden egg.  It seems Gretchen has been relegated to BK court chasing the ex-Jay Photoglou and the judgment she won against him http://www.wetpaint.com/gretchen-rossi-jay-photoglou-money-1402197/ (I think the $500,000.00 was for damages not attorney fees.)

I see where OC is having casting calls.  According to Vicki there are 2,000 women who apply each year-there should plenty of dubious pasts in a group that large. 

I remember very well, when Jeff passed on, Gretch all of a sudden had cash for cars, a house, to start a business & to continue to live a nice, comfy lifestyle (and support the Sladester) -- all without having any job or ANY means of support.  She was def NOT making big Bravo dough then.  You seem very convinced she got nothing from Jeff's insurance.  I'm not.  But who knows what's going on beneath the mountains of Gretchen's vast bullshit?  That's kinda my point.  Meghan PI -- get on it!

Man, it must be hard as heck to cast this show.  The few peeps they do get, fail miserably or have personal circumstances come up which force them to drop out.  This year it was Katie.  Last year, it was that lady with the gay husband, who they showed going nuts whenever Tams mentioned anal.  Oh, and what about poor, poor irrelevant Lizzie?  Was she in this ep?  I don't know & could care less.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

I have a similar story.  I thought I broke my ankle.  ER doc said it was a sprain.  He wrapped it and told me I could get "free" crutches at Walgreens.  I was called later and told my ankle was broken.

Total de ja vu.  I even told the doctor that I thought it was broken because it didn't feel like any sprain I had had before.

• Love 4

So these products aren't this Dr.'s products? I'm just making sure I'm not lumping a business that promotes healthy and natural approaches to cleansing the body with a Dr. that's shilling his own product promising a cure for cancer. I mean if this Dr. was the founder of Club Detox and the creator of these juices, recipes, etc. then yeah, I'd question the ethical side but if he's just acknowledging and reiterating what the site already states about the beneficial results of using these methods I see no real scandal..

I understand reserving judgement. They have a Facebook page where they basically say that if people were using their juice, they never would get cancer or get sick at all. There is a mom furious that they told her the juice would cure type 1 diabetes.

I mean, everyone feels differently about these pyramid schemes but usually the idea that natural foods and supplements will improve your health come with a recipe and not a monthly payment.

• Love 7

But it is fine to drink alcohol on this "cleansing, no sugar" regime?

I don't think anyone thinks it's fine. I think it's just the cost of dealing with human beings. People with illnesses and medical issues do things they shouldn't all the time. I know diabetics who drink alcohol even though they know they shouldn't. I know a person who was diagnosed with lung cancer who never even tried to quit smoking. My older neighbor has been diagnosed with melanoma on 4 different occasions, and he still refuses to wear sunblock or even a hat when he works in his garden. None of those things are fine, it's just what people do.

• Love 9

"Broken records" must refer to the viewer responses the various twists and turns of this season has inspired because mine remains the same: Vicki is full of shit. "Are the doctors lying?!" Well, isn't it the indirect opinion of medical professionals that the other women want by requesting documentation? And her decision to turn on Shannon for having the temerity (the unmitigated gall!) to ask why she made efforts on Brooks's behalf for nothing was despicable but deploying words like "threatening" in that text was perhaps the most idiotic thing Vicki has done on this show. Shannon may be spoiled, myopic, and have a martyr complex the size of California but, considering the smackdown she served on Tamra and Heather last year, it's probably best for Vicki to no-show today if the bestie to whom she was such a shithead is going to be aligned with Heather (not as smart as she fancies herself but way more capable of argumentation than Vicks) and Meghan . . . Thhe premise that Meghan has done anything that would get a lawsuit past summary judgment is simply ill-informed. She has stated her opinion on the veracity (or lack thereof) of one of her cast mate's central narratives. That's essentially her job description and, since Brooks and Vicki are public figures, there is more latitude vis-a-vis nuances of articulation. As for the fact that she (gasp!) texted a former associate of Brooks, that's pretty commensurate with the "research" that Vicki and Tamra loved performing so much when they came to reunions equipped with photographs depicting Gretchen's promiscuity.

Excellent post !      

• Love 2

I am not sure if NBC/Universal/Bravo, what have you, and ClubDetox have any relationship at all. What we do know is ClubDetox is using RHOC photos on their website and some of the ladies, including Vicki, are promoting ClubDetox.

What we have been shown: Lenka, at least over 3 episodes that I can remember, discussing forest showers, juicing, coffee enemas, standing on the grass and arranging a Doc appointment with Dr. Zermeno, who endorses ClubDetox as seen on the ClubDetox website as a testimonial. He does mention the importance of nutrition as part of the alternative therapy process to Brooks & Vicki. Lenka has been featured on more episodes than Jeana, Michael (Vickis son), and Katie. Maybe after Katie was cut, they shrunk Lizzie's airtime for Lenka!!

We have also, earlier in the season, watched Brooks & Vicki eating where Vicki says no sugar, no white food, like bread. We also were treated to Heather & Tammy Sue at a juice bar. Bravo is sure lending some free advertising/storyline thru the editing process towards that style of nutrition on their show. The juice bar, the lunch with Vicki & Brooks could have been left on the cutting room floor. But...it fits with the Brooks cancer storyline. I still find it odd that Brooks was invited to Cut Fitness to have birthday cake.

I was just wondering because I see the build up of the argument that there's recklessness happening regarding Brooks/Vicki sending false hopes and "claiming" this treatment cures cancer but I don't see it. Now if they were on QVC hawking their own product claiming that it's doing something other than what the product is advertised to do to a degree that it's blatanly misleading when it comes to serious illness then I can see the side eye. Now mind you, I get the whole, sussing out the connection between Club Detox, Vicki/Brooks promoting it, the Dr. testimonials and the inclusion of that chick that arranged the meeting I'm just hoping it doesn't digress into it being explained and debated as something it isn't. I just don't want another convoluted conspiracy theory erupting about how wrong it is to claim these juices cured Crooks of cancer when no one has actually made that claim.

• Love 3

But it is fine to drink alcohol on this "cleansing, no sugar" regime?

Seems like the producers made sure we saw Brooks drinking, making excuses for drinking and whooping it up.   In all seriousness, someone who is supposedly seeking treatment to eradicate cancer would not be drinking at all.     

Also, not one has he talked about his children or visiting his children. If he is that sick, wouldn't he want to spend time with his family? 

Apparently, he was last seen partying in Florida.

• Love 6

It was a way to lure him there so they could grill him about his cancer. #fakebirthdaycelebrationcake

BUT....... We really didn't see/hear anyone "grill" him. They calmly asked him basic questions AFTER he made the announcement he was stopping all chemo treatments. Brooks claimed, on camera no less, that he was "grilled" by the women despite evidence to the contrary and did so for nothing more than the DRAMA factor ON camera IMO. LOL

• Love 7

Now, if Satan Andy wants to bring back Gretch & Slade, so Meghan PI could go after them, I might be into that.

OMG. I first read the beginning of your sentence without the "if" and almost spit out the salad I'm eating for lunch right now.

• Love 5

I was just wondering because I see the build up of the argument that there's recklessness happening regarding Brooks/Vicki sending false hopes and "claiming" this treatment cures cancer but I don't see it. Now if they were on QVC hawking their own product claiming that it's doing something other than what the product is advertised to do to a degree that it's blatanly misleading when it comes to serious illness then I can see the side eye. Now mind you, I get the whole, sussing out the connection between Club Detox, Vicki/Brooks promoting it, the Dr. testimonials and the inclusion of that chick that arranged the meeting I'm just hoping it doesn't digress into it being explained and debated as something it isn't. I just don't want another convoluted conspiracy theory erupting about how wrong it is to claim these juices cured Crooks of cancer when no one has actually made that claim.

I don't know that Vicki and Brooks are promoting this club as any cancer cure or even as a preventative to cancer but the timing of all of this, his cancer announcement, he/Vicki promoting this via twitter, with the detox club founder/owner and the affiliated/promoter Dr. all on camera during the show is all pretty questionable IMO.

• Love 6

BUT....... We really didn't see/hear anyone "grill" him. They calmly asked him basic questions AFTER he made the announcement he was stopping all chemo treatments. Brooks claimed, on camera no less, that he was "grilled" by the women despite evidence to the contrary and did so for nothing more than the DRAMA factor ON camera IMO. LOL

Since we didn't see all that was filmed at Cut, how could you possibly know that Brooks didn't feel grilled by the women? That scene supposedly lasted for a couple of hours.

• Love 6

You think Tamra bought a birthday cake for him because she likes him?  They subtly started asking questions (How are you feeling, Brooks?), knowing it doesn't take much to get Brooks rambling. That was about as fake a birthday celebration as I've ever seen.

Also, just because the questions were asked in a calm manner, doesn't mean it still isn't grilling.  Diction and tone do not define 'grilling'.  

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 6

Since we didn't see all that was filmed at Cut, how could you possibly know that Brooks didn't feel grilled by the women? That scene supposedly lasted for a couple of hours.

Well, I am going by what we saw/heard. When someone tells me they got "grilled" by someone, I certainly don't picture several women sitting on a floor asking questions in a calm/quiet way like we did see. I instead picture rapid fired questions, high anxiety levels and raised voices, none of which we saw/heard. LOL There is NO evidence to support Brooks claims that he was "grilled", that he was asked questions...YES...."Grilled"....NO.

• Love 5

Seems like the producers made sure we saw Brooks drinking, making excuses for drinking and whooping it up.   In all seriousness, someone who is supposedly seeking treatment to eradicate cancer would not be drinking at all.     

Also, not one has he talked about his children or visiting his children. If he is that sick, wouldn't he want to spend time with his family? 

Apparently, he was last seen partying in Florida.

They SHOULDN'T be drinking, but that doesn't mean that they don't. I can list members of my family that have gone through chemo and saw no problem with having drinks out with friends or at a party. People are people that way. Many of us just don't follow the things our doctors tell us to do. 

We didn't see him get grilled but several of the women admitted that the questioning went on for well over an hour. I think most people would feel like they are being grilled after being questioned for that long. 

• Love 6

You think Tamra bought a birthday cake for him because she likes him?  They subtly started asking questions (How are you feeling, Brooks?), knowing it doesn't take much to get Brooks rambling. That was about as fake a birthday celebration as I've ever seen.

Wait, because they asked him how he was feeling that makes it "grilling" him? LOL  Funny, Vicki was there yet we never heard her complain about him getting "grilled", that word came from Brooks, not Vicki. LOL

The reunion is filming today! 

Shannon Beador ‏@ShannonBeador  · 16h16 hours ago 

It's reunion time! Got my skin lifted and hydrated the natural way at facialfitnessspa ! Want to go… https://instagram.com/p/8R807AD3No/

• Love 3

Wait, because they asked him how he was feeling that makes it "grilling" him? LOL  Funny, Vicki was there yet we never heard her complain about him getting "grilled", that word came from Brooks, not Vicki. LOL

It's reunion time! Got my skin lifted and hydrated the natural way at facialfitnessspa ! Want to go… https://instagram.com/p/8R807AD3No/

It was an example to show how it all began, leading to a multitude of questions thereafter.

• Love 2

More than one of the women said the questioning went on for more than an hour in their blogs. Being questioned for that long about my illness and my treatment would definitely make me feel like I was being grilled, even if it was out of "caring." There is just something very invasive about it and it would put me on the defensive after the first couple of questions.

Hell, a single person asking me about why me and my husband don't have children will immediately put me on the defensive. If I had a group of women questioning my medical decisions? I would totally feel like I was being grilled. 

• Love 7

Well, I am going by what we saw/heard. When someone tells me they got "grilled" by someone, I certainly don't picture several women sitting on a floor asking questions in a calm/quiet way like we did see. I instead picture rapid fired questions, high anxiety levels and raised voices, none of which we saw/heard. LOL There is NO evidence to support Brooks claims that he was "grilled", that he was asked questions...YES...."Grilled"....NO.

How about this.? The cake was a ploy to be NOSEY about Brooks cancer. Does this work Cherry Slushie? :-)

• Love 2

I don't know that Vicki and Brooks are promoting this club as any cancer cure or even as a preventative to cancer but the timing of all of this, his cancer announcement, he/Vicki promoting this via twitter, with the detox club founder/owner and the affiliated/promoter Dr. all on camera during the show is all pretty questionable IMO.

I swear I'll leave it alone after this but if people want to judge for themselves with the information out there, Lenka does a YouTube ad where she says she was "cancer borderline" because she didn't feel good or whatever and created Club Detox and now she is amazing. On the Facebook page she gets into a long argument where she blames mothers for their baby's diabetes because they were "toxic" while they were pregnant. She apparently spoke to a group of mom's with diabetic kids claiming the juice would cure it but when confronted she says "you have to cure yourself." Umm. If they used the OC image and Bravo didn't sue then they are in it together. And, all that doesn't change the fact they were acting like Dr. Zermeno was impartial when clearly he is not.

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 10

I think if several people asked me personal questions about the how's and whys of my illness and treatment for over an hour......the word grilled seems appropriate.

• Love 6

Did Brooks at one point suggest being grilled? I just thought is was a word that one of the posters decided to use and now we are stuck on the semantics but if Brooks actually said grilled at some point why would the term need to come from Vicki for it to be validated? I'm confused. Also if the women admitted to the questioning going on for about an hour or so then I would think the word grilled works in describing the situation. But that's just me.

ETA: apparently it's not just me.. LOL

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

How about this.? The cake was a ploy to be NOSEY about Brooks cancer. Does this work Cherry Slushie? :-)

That was Wirewrap's comment you responded to, so I'm not sure if it was a mistake, but yeah, nosy works. ;)  

Then again, these velociraptors are trying to prove he doesn't have cancer; so nosy may be too mild a word for them.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 5

I swear I'll leave it alone after this but if people want to judge for themselves with the information out there, Lenka does a YouTube ad where she says she was "cancer borderline" because she didn't feel good or whatever and created Club Detox and now she is amazing. On the Facebook page she gets into a long argument where she blames mothers for their baby's diabetes because they were "toxic" while they were pregnant. She apparently spoke to a group of mom's with diabetic kids claiming the juice would cure it but when confronted she says "you have to cure yourself." Umm. If they used the OC image and Bravo didn't sue then they are in it together. And, all that doesn't change the fact they were acting like Dr. Zermeno was impartial when clearly he is not.

So the creator of Club Detox has issues. Okay. Not the best thing to be associated with if there are hijinx going on with the Managing Principal of this product and institution

• Love 4

That was Wirewrap's comment you responded to, so I'm not sure if it was a mistake, but yeah, nosy works. ;)  

Then again, these women are trying to prove he doesn't have cancer; so nosy may be too mild a word for these Velociraptors.

Oh yeah, I know I was just cluing you in since it was your sentiment I was attempting to "adjust" but you're right nosy is too mild. Personally I think they are all bitches and I would have put them all in their place in two seconds flat cause at the end of the day "FUCK OFF".. It's crazy how people feel they have a right to such nasty, self importance. So Brooks is lying? Who the fuck cares? I get lied to on a regular basis. People try to get over on others on a regular basis. If at the halfway part of your life you still can't figure out how to manuever these details of life without becoming completely unglued at the idea that you're not completely informed about all things that don't really involve you then I will laugh that much harder about you being duped. It's just so ridiculous how invested people get at the idea of not knowing something for sure. Shit life's too damn short.

• Love 8

I think if several people asked me personal questions about the how's and whys of my illness and treatment for over an hour......the word grilled seems appropriate.

Perhaps, but we would all have to throw out our natural inclinations if we were on this show. Especially if we called the press months ago to announce we had cancer, gave several interviews outside of the show (before they ever began filming) talking about our diagnosis and treatment, then agreed to go on a reality TV show where we certainly know that the people are paid to get involved in the business of the other HW's.

This is a guy who has been on this show for 4 years. My biggest impression of Brooks is that he has no dignity. None. He comes back season after season, even after all of the allegations that have been made against him. He said at the reunion 2 or 3 years ago that he would never come back because he had been insulted enough. He said that his business opportunities had suffered as a result of occassionally being on the show as Vicki's love interest. He said that his integrity and character had been attacked. He wanted to be a private person. Then he goes to the press to announce his cancer diagnosis. Private people don't do things like this. Yet here he is yet again. Do you honestly believe he is surprised by any of this? If he is surprised, he is dumber than I think, and trust me when I say this is not feasible.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 14

More than one of the women said the questioning went on for more than an hour in their blogs. Being questioned for that long about my illness and my treatment would definitely make me feel like I was being grilled, even if it was out of "caring." There is just something very invasive about it and it would put me on the defensive after the first couple of questions.

Hell, a single person asking me about why me and my husband don't have children will immediately put me on the defensive. If I had a group of women questioning my medical decisions? I would totally feel like I was being grilled. 

Ok, so Brooks walks in and someone asks him "how are you" and that means they were prepping him for a "grilling" LOL Absurd, IMO, ABSURD! First, from what was seen, Brooks did MOST of the talking, so I have no problem believing that he talked more than anyone else did asking questions. If Brooks did NOT want to talk about it then he should have said so and not gone into detail at all about anything related to his cancer treatment. Brooks did not look uncomfortable, upset, hurt, angry about anything we saw/heard and no one else, including Vicki, have said that he got upset during the time they talked. Again, if Brooks didn't want his cancer/treatment on the show, he should have kept his mouth shut. Simple, very, very simple.

• Love 4

What does Heather "working on the house" consist of? I am imaging her either being on the phone or out shopping for the most expensive faucets and drawer openers available. I guess that is work? But usually when you are doing it for your own house it is just called decorating. Sure, there are details upon details in building a mega mansion from scratch, but that is what project managers are for. I guess I am over her insisting she deserves gratitude and bended knee for doing up a massive castle to meet her every whim.

It's hard to say what it might entail, but it could be interesting/entertaining. It gets harder and harder to remember that so much of the stuff that many of us loved were the moments that happened when we least expected them. Things that happened during what might have been a normal, routine situation. Two of the greatest of all time involve Vicki - the FAMILY VAN deal, and her getting hit in the head with a football at the lake. Or her tripping after she got that award in her backyard. In the past we got so much great stuff to snark on when the ladies were just doing normal stuff. As much as I love Heather, she can provide a lot of snarking opportunities. I cannot believe they would not be plentiful as she builds this house.

• Love 9

Brooks had given an interview that was published the day of his birthday celebration. He talked about quitting chemo and exploring doctor referrals Shannon had gotten for him.  So he had already put it out there for the universe.  I think these ladies were a little surprised.

• Love 7

It was a way to lure him there so they could grill him about his cancer. #fakebirthdaycelebrationcake

Right.....because Brooks had NO IDEA how any of these women felt about him EVER.....especially Tamra! LOL

• Love 6

Shoot! This is the comment I was trying to respond to as I think someone noticed. Also, I'm not going for a right or wrong about the Juice/ Brooks/ Bravo/ Vicki thing. Just a bit of MKE style sleuthing without stalking anyone. :-)

• Love 3

Brooks had given an interview that was published the day of his birthday celebration. He talked about quitting chemo and exploring doctor referrals Shannon had gotten for him.  So he had already put it out there for the universe.  I think these ladies were a little surprised.

I guess that means that the reporter "grilled" him as well. LOL

• Love 4

Perhaps, but we would all have to throw out our natural inclinations if we were on this show. Especially if we called the press months ago to announce we had cancer, gave several interviews outside of the show (before they ever began filming) talking about our diagnosis and treatment, then agreed to go on a reality TV show where we certainly know that the people are paid to get involved in the business of the other HW's.

This is a guy who has been on this show for 4 years. My biggest impression of Brooks is that he has no dignity. None. He comes back season after season, even after all of the allegations that have been made against him. He said at the reunion 2 or 3 years ago that he would never come back because he had been insulted enough. He said that his business opportunities had suffered as a result of occassionally being on the show as Vicki's love interest. He said that his integrity and character had been attacked. He wanted to be a private person. Then he goes to the press to announce his cancer diagnosis. Private people don't do things like this. Yet here he is yet again. Do you honestly believe he is surprised by any of this? If he is surprised, he is dumber than I think, and trust me when I say this is not feasible.

Well I disagree. Shocked? Lol. How Brooks came about telling the press about his cancer, I'm not sure. It's his right to share what he chooses about his own illness. Jeez saying you have cancer and are going through treatment, conventional or otherwise shouldn't mean that you have opened the vault to all things private. Brooks has been shown trying to be curteous when answering questions about his health. Shouldn't the blame be properly placed on those that are so uncouth as to accuse a person of faking a serious illness? Where is the fucking common sense that people misspeak a lot and often? Or when someone doesn't recall something with exact precision and accuracy? Tamra lies and gets things wrong every damn week and she has the gall to accuse Brooks of being a liar?

I think Brooks agreed to allow his cancer to be known because Vicki talked him into it to help her with storyline (gawd I hate the need for the all important storyline). How could he have ever thought that the HW would go so low? This is just the most disgusting and repulsive storyline that won't end. Just because he can't seem to quit Vicki and continues to be on the show, doesn't mean he deserves to be treated this way. There is no wrong big enough that makes this right.

• Love 8

Well I disagree. Shocked? Lol. How Brooks came about telling the press about his cancer, I'm not sure. It's his right to share what he chooses about his own illness. Jeez saying you have cancer and are going through treatment, conventional or otherwise shouldn't mean that you have opened the vault to all things private. Brooks has been shown trying to be curteous when answering questions about his health. Shouldn't the blame be properly placed on those that are so uncouth as to accuse a person of faking a serious illness? Where is the fucking common sense that people misspeak a lot and often? Or when someone doesn't recall something with exact precision and accuracy? Tamra lies and gets things wrong every damn week and she has the gall to accuse Brooks of being a liar?

I think Brooks agreed to allow his cancer to be known because Vicki talked him into it to help her with storyline (gawd I hate the need for the all important storyline). How could he have ever thought that the HW would go so low? This is just the most disgusting and repulsive storyline that won't end. Just because he can't seem to quit Vicki and continues to be on the show, doesn't mean he deserves to be treated this way. There is no wrong big enough that makes this right.

I posted an article earlier in the week that is a year old. It is the interview from when Brooks announed his cancer. 90% of the comments attached to the article were from folks who watch the show and just assumed that Brooks was lying. Again, unless he was dumb, he had to have known that some people would think he was lying based on the premise on this show by many that he is a lying liar who lies. His ex-girlfriend immediately began doing interviews where she claimed he had a history of faking cancer. According to her he once claimed to have nose cancer, and then later prostate cancer. It seems unlikly that he was unaware she was making these claims. My point is that none of this should have been a surprise to him. Random people were questioning him, his ex-girlfriend is publicly calling him a liar, and certainly Tammy Sue and Brianna hate him like poison. I do agree, however, that I'm not sure it is OK to openly question him or to go to the lengths they have. I won't weigh in on that because I am conflicted. My point is that the ladies asking him questions about his treatment at the gym is hardly offensive in any manner, nor should it have been something that surprised him.

By the way, while we all discuss how horrible it might/might not be, I believe that Brooks is enjoying this all. He is getting a talking head after all these years. His storyline is the storyline. There are stories about him all over the press right now. Everyone seems to want to interview him. Andy is flying him out to NY and putting him in fancy hotels. I think this is kind of a dream come true for Brooks.

• Love 7

I posted an article earlier in the week that is a year old. It is the interview from when Brooks announed his cancer. 90% of the comments attached to the article were from folks who watch the show and just assumed that Brooks was lying. Again, unless he was dumb, he had to have known that some people would think he was lying based on the premise on this show by many that he is a lying liar who lies. His ex-girlfriend immediately began doing interviews where she claimed he had a history of faking cancer. According to her he once claimed to have nose cancer, and then later prostate cancer. It seems unlikly that he was unaware she was making these claims. My point is that none of this should have been a surprise to him. Random people were questioning him, his ex-girlfriend is publicly calling him a liar, and certainly Tammy Sue and Brianna hate him like poison. I do agree, however, that I'm not sure it is OK to openly question him or to go to the lengths they have. I won't weigh in on that because I am conflicted. My point is that the ladies asking him questions about his treatment at the gym is hardly offensive in any manner, nor should it have been something that surprised him.

By the way, while we all discuss how horrible it might/might not be, I believe that Brooks is enjoying this all. He is getting a talking head after all these years. His storyline is the storyline. There are stories about him all over the press right now. Everyone seems to want to interview him. Andy is flying him out to NY and putting him in fancy hotels. I think this is kind of a dream come true for Brooks.

Well anticipating that there would be some out there in tv land that wouldn't believe you is a far cry from the mess we are watching. Whether or not he is enjoying the attention, I have no idea. I don't blame him for accepting the one on one interview. I hope he is able to tell his story without creative editing taking place on Bravo's side.
  • Love 3

Imo, Icky's family has completely crumbled since she began on this show. She of course is blind to any correlation. She needs go get out of this fake reality and try to rebuild her ties with her kids before it is too late.

• Love 5

Brooks announced it, which in and of itself was strange.   Supposedly at the time he and Vicki were estranged.  (I know they say that a lot.)  Then they magically get back together and this is all long before they start shooting for the season.  He was not going to be part of the show if he was broken up with Vicki.  He then regularly gave updates via twitter about his chemotherapy and more importantly he and Vicki's endorsement of Club Detox. He did give the interview announcing he planned to quit chemo.  I don't think anyone has the right to treat Brooks poorly (Tamra at Shannon's party) or to call his ex girlfriends or doctors.  I do think if he gives an interview claiming to be exploring and thanking Shannon for referrals to doctors he should have the courtesy to explain to Shannon why he did not pursue them.  I don't think Shannon had the right to comment on his conflicting diet (apparently Brooks had claimed he was following a sugar free diet).  To this day Shannon has never said she didn't think Brooks did not have cancer nor has Heather.  Those accusations stand squarely with Tamra, Eddie and Meghan.  To me, it is Meghan the relentless one and perhaps the abject failure of Heather is couching the question in such a way as to make Vicki a victim of Brooks' or some unnamed healthcare provider's duplicity that have put Brooks in the hot seat.  I don't think Brooks deserved to be screamed at by Tamra.

As far as the storyline excuse one can hardly be tweeting away about an issue or a person and then claim they were forced to use it as a storyline. I believe Teresa tried that with her legal issues and it made for a sucky season.   If it is real and happening in their lives and they are making public comments about it then it should be fair game for the show.  I don't even think Tamra should of stayed on the show or had her custody issue not explored.  She was allowed to use it as an excuse for bad behavior and use the custody issue as proof this psychic had predicted things correctly giving credence to the Brooks not having cancer.

I think Tamra should be fully exposed for her lying and it should start with her losing custody and any and all contact with her oldest daughter.

• Love 6

Well anticipating that there would be some out there in tv land that wouldn't believe you is a far cry from the mess we are watching. Whether or not he is enjoying the attention, I have no idea. I don't blame him for accepting the one on one interview. I hope he is able to tell his story without creative editing taking place on Bravo's side.

Do you really think Brooks thought/expected Tamra and Briana to NOT ask him any questions or that Shannon, who is so focused in on health issues, would not ask him anything? It wasn't until AFTER the CUT talk that either Vicki or Brooks knew that anyone was questioning him/his story. Not before, only after.

• Love 3

Exactly, Bravo wasn't interested, but many of us were interested in a balance, not just cancer ridden fake drama.

I'm with the poster who said they would have preferred watching Heather working on their new house. In fact, there are multiple home repair/DIY/design/real estate shows & channels out there that get good ratings. I would bet using more air time going on a trip to shop for marble, granite, chandeliers, etc with Heather would be more interesting than resale shopping with a reluctant Jim Edmonds. Look at BH, and how they featured Yo's house including her glass fridge. If Shannon & David are hoping to move, are they looking at lots? Is Shannon working with designers for a potential new home?

Anything, but cancer please! I get it, it's a real part of all of our lives, too much for too many. But, when it takes over a whole season? Ridiculous. It's depressing.

I actually loved her home tour and her snark of a guided tour with the "and we're walking, walking" cracked me up. It was one of her more likeable moments.

• Love 9

Right.....because Brooks had NO IDEA how any of these women felt about him EVER.....especially Tamra! LOL

Plus, since he got "grilled" he must of been chained to an elliptical machine, right?     I guess it didn't occur to him to leave if he didn't like the conversation/grilling?

Golly gee, where is that damn family van when you need one?

• Love 2

Do you really think Brooks thought/expected Tamra and Briana to NOT ask him any questions or that Shannon, who is so focused in on health issues, would not ask him anything? It wasn't until AFTER the CUT talk that either Vicki or Brooks knew that anyone was questioning him/his story. Not before, only after.

No I don't think Brooks expected anyone to question the fact that he had cancer. He didn't mind (to some extent) answering the questions the HW asked regarding his health and treatment and I'm sure he expected some blow back for stopping chemo, but that is far different then accusing him of faking having cancer.

• Love 1

No I don't think Brooks expected anyone to question the fact that he had cancer. He didn't mind (to some extent) answering the questions the HW asked regarding his health and treatment and I'm sure he expected some blow back for stopping chemo, but that is far different then accusing him of faking having cancer.

With the crafty editing the they is actually Meghan with Tamra playing devil's advocate.  Eddie clearly didn't believe it.  Tamra just keeps claiming Brooks has a past, Brooks has lied. Heather and Shannon have never said he doesn't have cancer.

• Love 2

With the crafty editing the they is actually Meghan with Tamra playing devil's advocate.  Eddie clearly didn't believe it.  Tamra just keeps claiming Brooks has a past, Brooks has lied. Heather and Shannon have never said he doesn't have cancer.

I agree about Shannon, but Heather has said enough to show which way she leans.

• Love 3

I think Brooks announced his "cancer" hoping the HWs would cut him some slack this season and feel sorry for him. It also helped Vicki create a story line for herself enabling her to keep her orange. Since these two co-conspirators are not only famewhores but always out to make a buck, they worked an endorsement deal into the cancer story for themselves by including Lemka, the tree shower, coffee enema, barefoot in the grass, cleanse wacko.

I don't feel sorry for them. I think Brooks set this ball in motion and was "grilled" intentionally so he could promote whatever snake oil he and Vicki planned to endorse.

• Love 11
Now if they were on QVC hawking their own product claiming that it's doing something other than what the product is advertised to do to a degree that it's blatanly misleading when it comes to serious illness then I can see the side eye.

If they had been on QVC or HSN even remotely claiming health/medical benefits, the host/hostess will receive an immediate message in his/her earpiece and will announce that no health or medical claims can be made on the product(s).  I've seen it several times.  Mostly it's callers who try to provide "testimonials" about the miracles the various vitamins, skin treatments, juices, etc. have rendered.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 6

Oops!  I forgot about the ex-girlfriend.  You're right; that is awfully invasive.

I thought that Leanne had to stop chemo because it was causing internal bleeding.    It's not the cancer that stops people from traveling.  Chemo weakens the immune system so travelling could put them at risk of catching the flu or whatever and with a weakened immune system that could easily turn into pneumonia.  We've all read the stories about the germ filled air we breathe  in a plane.  

I'm sucking down vitamin c and airborne. I know it probably doesn't work, but who cares. It's a 9 hour flight to Copenhagen.. If you are curious, I plan to Whoop it Up!  

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 14

I'm sucking down vitamin c and airborne. I know it probably doesn't work, but who cares. It's a 9 hour flight to Copenhagen.. If you are curios, I plan to Whoop it Up!

I'm a believer in Vitamin C (time released) but not a fan of Airborne which is mostly Vitamin C anyway.

You know the drill. Carry hand sanitizer and keep your hands away from your face.

Most of all..............Whoop It Up!

• Love 7

At that point in filming, the only one questioning if he does have cancer was Tamra/Eddie. Even Meghan was surprised that Tamra asked the psychic that question and did not fully believe it until they all had the talk after Brooks/Vicki left CUT. Neither Shannon NOR Heather have expressed any doubts about him having cancer at this point in the season, in fact both have said that they believe he does have it, they just question his treatment choices.  Shannon though, did express that she felt IF he was lying, that Vicki knows and is going along with it, whereas both Tamra and Heather defended Vicki at Shannon's dragon party. It is only now, from interviews outside the show, that we are hearing Heather express doubts about Brooks having cancer during filming, Shannon still maintains that he did/does.

• Love 4

I'm sucking down vitamin c and airborne. I know it probably doesn't work, but who cares. It's a 9 hour flight to Copenhagen.. If you are curios, I plan to Whoop it Up!  

Have a Tuborg beer.   My family went to Europe when I was 5 and my most vivid memory was in Copenhagen when my mom sampled one too many Tuborg beers and got very silly.

• Love 6

Have a Tuborg beer.   My family went to Europe when I was 5 and my most vivid memory was in Copenhagen when my mom sampled one too many Tuborg beers and got very silly.

I'm also going to Amsterdam, and I want to go to the place where the RHOBH had pancakes.

• Love 16