Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Broken Records

• Start Topic

Misspellings, typos, errors can and have led to death due to medical mistakes made because of reports like this one in question.

Have led to deaths? But I thought reports like this don't exist?

It's either possible or impossible for reports like these to see the light of day. Can't have it both ways.

That's the trouble of speaking in absolutes.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 8

Oh, Vicki. Your throat is so special and delicate and tiny and feminine. Not even pills can pass through it. 

Is she tryin' ta tell us that nothing bigger than a pill can fit into that delicate portal?

Brooks' resume says he is adept at penetration and expansion, so somebody is lying.

• Love 15

It is a reality show and Vicki put it out there. Vicki had left her party without saying goodbye. Vicki had pretty big issues at the party. What would have been totally logical is at the party have one more sit down with Heather, Terry, Shannon and perhaps David and set the record straight. Tell Shannon point blank why they did not use her referrals (after going on record in a interview claiming he would) would have resolved the situation for the Dubrows and Beadors. Her trying to turn the tables and blame Shannon was shady. Shannon never accused Vicki of anything. Shannon had been sticking up for Vicki, at Brooks' birthday dinner, once at the luncheon, again at the sex party, and finally at the Aries party and all four times Vicki blew Shannon off only to go to Tamra. Tamra who had not been loyal to Vicki and it fact started the whole mess with the psychic. It is not just about Vicki's wishes, Tamra had just told her she didn't want a friendship with the restrictions Vicki was putting on their conversations. Shannon was essentially saying the same thing in a different way.

Sorry about your friend.

I think Brooks worked out of her office and sold insurance or had a consulting business.

My question is, when doesn't Vicki have issues?

Does anyone have any guesses?

According to The Vickster's Coto Insurance website, she sells Life, Health, Dental, Auto, Homeowners, Business, and Workers Comp insurance.

I wonder how many calls that Imaging Center has received from people all over the Country asking if they do PET Scans. Their poor receptionist(s) must hate RHOC right about now.

I was wondering if that is why the website is currently "Under Construction".

I wouldn't doubt Meghan PI wannabes were spamming the website w/ inane comments and questions.

• Love 4

But that's the thing. Heather doesn't usually act this openly snarky unless she is willing to take the heat. Her interview was telling to me. Normally, I would have reacted like Annabelle did from such comments, but it was Heather, not the other HWs. I feel like she knows something that is giving her reason to say what she's willing to say, although she did withhold for the reunion. Heather doesn't like to "look" wrong IMO.

Another poster mentioned in Vickis thread that Brooks was interviewed by SatanAndy yesterday...

This is the same "real" Heather that claimed Shannon was screaming at her all last season. When clearly (shown on film) Shannon was not. Heather has been wrong on many occasions.

But does this make sense then? Has anyone even tackled the glaringly obvious question of why on earth would someone docture a document so poorly? I mean, all that's been tossed around is that the document is terrible, hinky, completely questionable, etc. etc. but has anyone come up with some plausable reason why someone who is trying to con others into believing he is sick would present THAT

I did. I posted in, I think, the First Look thread for this episode. It makes absolutely no sense to me that if Brooks and Vicki were trying to con everyone (or even just Brooks alone) that they wouldn't go over the "mockument" with a fine toothed comb to make sure it was perfect. To me the run on sentence looks more like a formatting issue. Maybe Brooks printed it off his medical portal and had incompatible software. Its actually very common.

So I have watched pretty much every episode of Law & Order, which of course makes me an expert in all things medical and evidentiary.  IIRC on L&O the way they get around patient/doctor confidentiality is through billing records.  Not for a diagnosis but to see what tests are ordered or if there is a patient.  I am recalling the infamous Chinese Wall episode.  If I were Brooks and/or Vicki I would have shown Tamra a copy of my last chemo billing.  Very simple, very precise it has a billing code* for the procedure and a diagnostic code.  This would be definitive information to me that Brooks received chemotherapy treatment.  You don't get chemo without a cancer diagnosis. With Brooks/Vicki it would be wise to request a copy of the health insurance statement the service had been paid.   These documents should easily be found in the infamous binder.  We all learned fro Watergate and Woodward and Bernstein, "follow the money".  Vicki who is constantly fixated on money has not once mentioned this round of cancer is costly. 

What I would not do is present a garbled radiologist report and ask for someone to vigorously defend my status.  Heather, Tamra and Shannon always use these women, the other, in reality it is just Meghan.  I think the other three were pretty happy with Brooks and Vicki's assertions.  Heather just doesn't want to alienate Meghan, Tamra just likes to stir things up and Shannon is feeling a little like perhaps she was being duped. 

*http://health-information.advanceweb.com/Article/Coding-for-Non-Hodgkins-Lymphoma.aspx Okay not the breeziest read but certainly understandable-it is a number.

http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/071910p28.shtml

Writing down  numbers from Brooks billing would be easy-maybe I am just being too simple.

Interesting concept, but why would any of the HW believe it wasn't forged? I posted previously that the HW (at least Meghan) would probably even question an autopsy. Ok hopefully not.
  • Love 9

Brooks' resume says he is adept at penetration and expansion, so somebody is lying.

He did refer to himself as "girth" in that conversation which was taped in Vegas.

Not that I believe it or want to know.     Eiwieeeeeeeeee

• Love 4

If Meghan cares so much why doesn't she just hire a real PI or do like TMZ and pay an officer worker a few grand and get Brooks' medical records herself?  No way would I risk looking like an uncouth A-hole on national television based on "inconsistencies".  That is nuts.

• Love 7

I did. I posted in, I think, the First Look thread for this episode. It makes absolutely no sense to me that if Brooks and Vicki were trying to con everyone (or even just Brooks alone) that they wouldn't go over the "mockument" with a fine toothed comb to make sure it was perfect. To me the run on sentence looks more like a formatting issue. Maybe Brooks printed it off his medical portal and had incompatible software. Its actually very common.

Well apparantly it's easier to believe that someone presented a doctured document so ridiculously flawed than it is to even consider something that's apparently pretty common as the cause. I'm all about the doubts but the gaps a lot of these theories creates in the attempt to prove Brooks is lying just doesn't jive with me. If I'm to be convinced then at least use plausible  explanations besides Brooks is a liar who lies (which I haven't really seen prove of this pathological ailment). That's what the HW's are doing. They pick apart this detail that detail then theorize and present as "truth/justice" but only anchored with "I don't trust, like, Brooks oh and he lies so what I'm claiming has to be right".

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 8

Have led to deaths? But I thought reports like this don't exist?

It's either possible or impossible for reports like these to see the light of day. Can't have it both ways.

That's the trouble of speaking in absolutes.

Errors do occur on reports and that is why they are avoided at all costs. This "report" is full of errors, misspelling, run on words that it is suspect IMO. I can NOT see any Dr. or Medical facility signing off on it, hence why I think it is a fake or at the very least, was doctored/altered/changed! I am a retired Pharmacy Tech (I worked in a leading transplant hospital as well as retail) and have seen enough medical reports to last a lifetime and have never seen a report this full of mistakes.

• Love 6

This season is boring and repetitive. Tammy Sue has Jesus in her heart and is working hard on getting a halo and we're waiting to see if the mass inside Brooks is the Antichrist or just cancer. Shannon's beating the same dead horse and Heather continues to build her Taj Mahal and preserve herself for entombment.

Lizzy was the only bright spot.

The title of this episode should be the title for the season "Broken Record".

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 14

Errors do occur on reports and that is why they are avoided at all costs. This "report" is full of errors, misspelling, run on words that it is suspect IMO. I can NOT see any Dr. or Medical facility signing off on it, hence why I think it is a fake or at the very least, was doctored/altered/changed! I am a retired Pharmacy Tech (I worked in a leading transplant hospital as well as retail) and have seen enough medical reports to last a lifetime and have never seen a report this full of mistakes.

What are the errors?  I know for a fact from my own experience that medical reports have misspellings, jumbled words and run ons.  I felt like I needed a special Rosetta Stone to decipher my own records and I knew what was wrong with me.

• Love 10

I'm curious how many mistakes were there?

What are the errors?  I know for a fact from my own experience that medical reports have misspellings, jumbled words and run ons.  I felt like I needed a special Rosetta Stone to decipher my own records and I knew what was wrong with me.

But Freckledbruh, apparently you're experience can't possibly be a plausible explantion for that "mockument" of Brooks.

When all is said and done, to me there's more information out there to validate Brooks isn't faking than there is to prove he is.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5

Brooks/Vicki say 1 thing to HW A then something different to HW B, so on and so forth and then he says something different once again in an interview that he gave during filming, all adding to the confusion the HWs have and to the confusion we have. IMO, he/they are doing it on purpose to give themselves max camera time to keep that Orange firmly planted in Vicki's hands. Without it, she had no storyline and feared being demoted to FOH or outright fired IMO.

Oh I think Vicks could find a storyline without Brooks.  I don't think  Vickie is making a storyline over this as much as Meghan and the others seem to be doing.   If anything I think she's tried to downplay it - shutting down conversations, whooping it up on vacation while Crooks is home sick, still traveling for work, going to see the grandkids, etc. 

Besides she's the OG of the OC and the frankly the reason I still watch.  I think she's crazy but she's real and usually entertaining.  This season however, I'm not finding any of these women that entertaining. 

So after all of this, I know that Meghan sincerely believes she's after Truth and Justice.

I get the truth part.

What I don't get is what justice she's looking for.  Let's say Brooks is lying about what he's saying, and I'm not leaning one way or the other on this because I don't care enough.  But let's say he's lying.  What justice would be remotely involved in the revelation?  Wouldn't justice involve some kind of legal ramification?  Is she just looking for some way to officially discredit Brooks somehow?  And why?  What business is it of hers?   No cancer, no Justice?  Is that the new chant??

Good question!    I would guess it's just to discredit Brooks [and probably Vickie in the process]  and give herself a storyline.  She's the new girl trying to take down the top HW.   She really is a mini-me of Tamra.  Remember the lengths Tamra went to in proving Gretchen was cheating on Jeff all along.  Everyone already knew she was golddigger and sleeping with someone else but Tamra made it her j.o.b.  And to what end?   Jeff was dead and Gretchen got hers by falling in love with Slimey Slade.  

Meghan's quest is even more ridiculous because the odds of us ever knowing if Brooks was truly sick during the filming of this show are almost zero. 

• Love 6

When viewing any of this, I try to remember that Bravo has chosen to present a story line of cancergate.  They control the editing of what is shown.  They provide things like psychics to stir up drama.  They feed information to the housewives of what other people have supposedly said or done.  They choose the clips to make it look like people are being highly inconsistent in what they have said.  They play with the timeline, showing clips out of order to further add to the confusion.  They chose the camera angles and the portion of documents that are shown.  So, we have cancergate.  It has people talking and gives a (distasteful, disgusting and potentially harmful) theme to the season.  It also gives an over-arching theme that all of the housewives can get involved in, thereby doing the work they need to do to hold onto their oranges.  I guess congratulations are due to Satan Andy and whoever else approved this storyline.  They definitely have people talking, regardless of how this may affect not only people in the show but others too.

• Love 15

I'm curious how many mistakes were there?

But Freckledbruh, apparently you're experience can't possibly be a plausible explantion for that "mockument" of Brooks.

For starters, the "mass" would be in cm's not "ems" LOL Major mistake IMO.

Believe what you will. I don't know if he has or had cancer but this "report" is highly questionable. I don't know a single Dr. or IC that would sign off on this report. AND, If you ever get a "report" that reads like this and a Dr. did sign off on it, you need to question your choice in Dr.'s IMO. I am not going to argue with anyone, I worked in my field for a long time and based on my experience the report is suspect. Believe what you want. Agree to disagree.

• Love 14

It's that same smugness she had towards Shannon and David all over again. It's the same smugness she had towards Alexis all over again. Essentially, this is the real Heather. Full disclosure, I have not liked Heather since she came on the show. She has always come across as phony and bitchy to me. I have never seen her as a diplomat or a voice of reason. So, her behavior on WWHL is no surprise to me. She is so caught up in what she perceives the audience believes that she can't be bothered to read the room in real time. 

Oh, I am right there with you! I have despised Heather ever since she trotted out the old, "I am doing this for your own good, I am actually being a good friend to you" BS regarding her ganging up on Alexis in Costa Rica. The whole, "when everyone says you're dead, it's time to lay down" was even worse. So much self-righteous, vindictive rage. That is why last season was so delicious for me. I loved Shannon's contempt for her.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 21

If Meghan cares so much why doesn't she just hire a real PI or do like TMZ and pay an officer worker a few grand and get Brooks' medical records herself?  No way would I risk looking like an uncouth A-hole on national television based on "inconsistencies".  That is nuts.

I know!  I mean it's one thing for me/us  to question Brooks story here on a TV forum but I would never put my face on TV and question anyone's medical diagnosis.  And if my husband talked to me like Jim talks to Meghan I wouldn't have him on TV either.  She is nuts. 

Believe what you will. I don't know if he has or had cancer but this "report" is highly questionable. I don't know a single Dr. or IC that would sign off on this report. AND, If you ever get a "report" that reads like this and a Dr. did sign off on it, you need to question your choice in Dr.'s IMO. I am not going to argue with anyone, I worked in my field for a long time and based on my experience the report is suspect. Believe what you want. Agree to disagree.

That's pretty much what Heather said Terry said after she showed him the screenshot of the 'mockument'.   Of course he is also on video saying he saw the scan and hoped they weren't Brooks' because that scan belonged to someone at the end of their life. Meanwhile the tabs were reporting Brooks was whooping it up in Florida.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

Oh I think Vicks could find a storyline without Brooks.  I don't think  Vickie is making a storyline over this as much as Meghan and the others seem to be doing.   If anything I think she's tried to downplay it - shutting down conversations, whooping it up on vacation while Crooks is home sick, still traveling for work, going to see the grandkids, etc. 

Besides she's the OG of the OC and the frankly the reason I still watch.  I think she's crazy but she's real and usually entertaining.  This season however, I'm not finding any of these women that entertaining. 

Good question!    I would guess it's just to discredit Brooks [and probably Vickie in the process]  and give herself a storyline.  She's the new girl trying to take down the top HW.   She really is a mini-me of Tamra.  Remember the lengths Tamra went to in proving Gretchen was cheating on Jeff all along.  Everyone already knew she was golddigger and sleeping with someone else but Tamra made it her j.o.b.  And to what end?   Jeff was dead and Gretchen got hers by falling in love with Slimey Slade.  

Meghan's quest is even more ridiculous because the odds of us ever knowing if Brooks was truly sick during the filming of this show are almost zero. 

Vicki had no storyline outside Brooks moving in with her. She had already been threatened, last season, to include her relationship with Brooks or face getting fired so she knew she had to "bring it" (as the HWs love to say) this season. Her kids are no longer living with her, she did not know that her mother would die during filming, her work is rather boring and mainly done via phone/computer, so she had little to offer as a personal storyline/arc this season. Vicki, herself, claims Brooks did NOT want his cancer talked about on the show and that she got him to change his mind. She did so even though she knew how they, production/HWs, have treated him since she revealed their relationship on camera....WHY? Storyline!

As for Meghan...ITA! She is going at this like it is her personal mission in life! LOL The reality is, she is doing so to keep her Orange....just like Vicki is to keep HER Orange. LOL

• Love 6

None of these women have an interesting storyline, Imo. They are just a bunch of overprivileged, mostly reconstructed hags with too much time and money. Ok, Icky works. We all know that, lol. But her job is a total bore that no one else cares about. It is not like she writes a gossip column or something interesting to outsiders. Anyone can sell insurance, basically. We don't watch TV to watch someone do, and talk to death, about their boring, ordinary job. Only Heather had a remotely interesting career going before she chose idle wealth.

So yeah, Icky needs Crookes and any drama she can conjure up with him.

• Love 8

Oh, Vicki. Your throat is so special and delicate and tiny and feminine. Not even pills can pass through it. 

Is she tryin' ta tell us that nothing bigger than a pill can fit into that delicate portal?

Her throat is probably so inflamed from all of the screeching and gagging she does that the pills can't get through.

• Love 11

That's pretty much what Heather said Terry said after she showed him the screenshot of the 'mockument'.   Of course he is also on video saying he saw the scan and hoped they weren't Brooks' because that scan belonged to someone at the end of their life. Meanwhile the tabs were reporting Brooks was whooping it up in Florida.  

I think this is why Brooks and Vicki chose Tamra to show the report to. They knew if they showed it to Heather and Terry, they would get called out on it ON camera during filming. It's not like they don't know that Tamra speaks out of both sides about them ALL THE TIME! LOL Heck, Tamra sold out her own Mother on the show, what makes Vicki so "special" that they believed that Tamra would be loyal to Vicki THIS time because she hasn't been before? LOL

• Love 5

Even if Brooks is faking having cancer... the women who are questioning him look bad.  If they don't believe him. Oh well.  Take it with a grain of salt and MOVE THE HECK ON!   It's not like he's asking any of them for money, a place to stay etc.  All they lose if he is faking his cancer, is they have had to listen to Vicki boo-hoo about it, and she was going to be bitching about something anyway.  

By questioning it they look at best, petty... at worst they are humiliating someone who is sick.

It's a lose, lose.  Tamara stirred this shit, and stirred it good.  She looks so pleased with herself.

• Love 10

Vicki had no storyline outside Brooks moving in with her. She had already been threatened, last season, to include her relationship with Brooks or face getting fired so she knew she had to "bring it" (as the HWs love to say) this season. Her kids are no longer living with her, she did not know that her mother would die during filming, her work is rather boring and mainly done via phone/computer, so she had little to offer as a personal storyline/arc this season. Vicki, herself, claims Brooks did NOT want his cancer talked about on the show and that she got him to change his mind. She did so even though she knew how they, production/HWs, have treated him since she revealed their relationship on camera....WHY? Storyline!

As for Meghan...ITA! She is going at this like it is her personal mission in life! LOL The reality is, she is doing so to keep her Orange....just like Vicki is to keep HER Orange. LOL

I don't understand why Vicki would be threatened.

From what I saw and read, last season was one of the best, if not the best, seasons Vicki has had.

• Love 2

I thought it was policy at Bravo that the spouses/ sig. others/ children do not get paid.

Think rat-face Ryan & Crooks & Brianna appear on here & don't get paid?  Think again.  They absolutely get paid.  A while back, Ratface made some smug comment on Twitter, where he said viewers were fools/morons/idiots for thinking he doesn't get paid & paid well.  He didn't say that exactly, but something very close.  Immediately after, his Twitter went private.  Oh, I'm sure it did.  He must have gotten reprimanded immediately by Bravo and/or Satan Andy for doing this.  They keep very, very mum on this stuff.  And Rat-face knew he had to keep his trap shut or he & momma would be flipping burgers at Mickey D's, if they could even get jobs there.

Now, is it possible Vicks has worked out some deal to "funnel" dough to Bri & Crooks, and Tams is throwing Bravo cash over to Ratface?  Sure, that's possible.  But I don't believe for a second any of these characters make nothing for the time they give to the show.  Hmmm, so does unemployed, desperate for cash & a man with a pulse (er, what other explanation for her being with Rat-face) Sarah, make Bravo dough too?  Idk, but they could throw her some nickels & dimes & she'd happily scrape up anything they'd throw at her.  

Remember the situation with Gretchie-poo & Slade?  She never admitted it, but it was assumed she slid him some dough on her own.  Ah, but who knows what went on with those 2?  Oh, Gretch & her maddening bullshit.  You needed hip boots to wade thru her bullshit.  And then there's Slade's child support, that he'll owe till he dies, so they needed to work around that -- cuz any dough he got from Bravo directly would be seized for back taxes (as well as child support) he owed.  Well, their situation was unique unto them & them only.  I do remember one or both of them saying he made something from Bravo, but who can believe anything they say?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 8

I don't understand why Vicki would be threatened.

From what I saw and read, last season was one of the best, if not the best, seasons Vicki has had.

After the reunion 2 seasons ago, Vicki no longer wanted Brooks on camera because of the bashing they took. Andy told her she had to include him or risk getting fired, he, Andy, admitted to saying just that.

• Love 6

Just pointing out the claims that there's definitely no way Brooks could have legitimately received that report from a medical institution or professional. I don't think there's anything wrong with thinking that a medical document with errors on it is unprofessional. I also don't think it's wrong to believe that a medical report, leaving a medical facility or given to a patient by a medical professional, in a less than accurate state is unacceptable. That makes complete sense to me. I was just questioning the postion that there's no way that Brooks acquired his report through legitimate means or that it's impossible for him to have recieved a document with errors on it from medical personnel. There has been plenty of examples and actual experiences presented that, at the very least, counter the idea that there's no way Brooks would have received a less than par document directly from a medical facility or professional. Apparently it happens as others have explained.

There have also been explanations that address other issues with the report such as software/printer/computer capabilities and mismatched compatibilities as well as poor transcribers and trascription software. So there is more than enough out there to also support the theory that the document wasn't a fake but possibly the result of one or more of the explanations offered which utilize reasonable logic and personal experiences.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5

After the reunion 2 seasons ago, Vicki no longer wanted Brooks on camera because of the bashing they took. Andy told her she had to include him or risk getting fired, he, Andy, admitted to saying just that.

I don't remember Andy saying that. Even if he did, it still does not make sense to me because it seems most people would prefer a show sans Brooks.

• Love 2

Think rat-face Ryan & Crooks & Brianna appear on here & don't get paid?  Think again.  They absolutely get paid.  A while back, Ratface made some smug comment on Twitter, where he said viewers were fools/morons/idiots for thinking he doesn't get paid & paid well.  He didn't say that exactly, but something very close.  Immediately after, his Twitter went private.  Oh, I'm sure it did.  He must have gotten reprimanded immediately by Bravo and/or Satan Andy for doing this.  They keep very, very mum on this stuff.  And Rat-face knew he had to keep his trap shut or he & momma would be flipping burgers at Mickey D's, if they could even get jobs there.

Oh duh!  Now Ryan moving back to the OC makes more sense to me although I'm wondering why he waited until mid-season to do it?   And income from this show is how Brooks is able to do things like RENT a fur coat for Vicks to wear for the night, hahaha.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3
He didn't appear to be referring to what he was feeling, but to what he had read in the report.

It appeared to me that he did, so we'll have to just agree to disagree. (I won't argue on what the doctor would/wouldn't be able to feel, because I don't have a medical background like Meghan.)

Yes, medical abbreviations are commonly used in reports but run on words/sentences are not and misspellings, such as CLINICAL HISTORY are not.​

Just because something is uncommon doesn't mean it never occurs.

It makes absolutely no sense to me that if Brooks and Vicki were trying to con everyone (or even just Brooks alone) that they wouldn't go over the "mockument" with a fine toothed comb to make sure it was perfect.

I agree, especially if Brooks is such a seasoned scammer. Dude was smooth as silk when dealing with the Edmonds, but then he suddenly loses his finesse? Yeah, it puzzles.

For starters, the "mass" would be in cm's not "ems"

Why would an apostrophe be us​ed?

• Love 2

Oh duh!  Now Ryan moving back to the OC makes more sense although I'm wondering why he waited until mid-season to do it?   And income from this show is how Brooks is able to do things like RENT a fur coat for Vicks to wear for the night, hahaha.  

Sarah was having a baby-I think she needed to wait to deliver.  I believe she had some complications. The baby was delievered in early February or as it will always be known-the day Vicki buried her mother.

• Love 2

I'm assuming the point was not the absence or presence of an apostrophe, but rather that the correct unit of measurement is "cm" (centimeter) as opposed to "em", the latter being the sort of garbled gobbledygook you'd see in a cut and paste/ print job off the internet, the former being an actual scientific unit of measurement you'd find in a legitimate medical report transcribed by the sort of competent folk you'd expect to be hired or contracted by competent medical providers.  

• Love 5

The Heather on WWHL reminds me of the same Heather that was so sure that she was going to come out on top last year that her blogs were full of smug bitchiness towards Shannon and David. She is in that same head space where she is so sure the audience is going to side with her that she doesn't even realize how off putting she is coming across. She is still in the OC bubble of Tamra and Mehgan and their nonsense that she can't see how tacky it is in the normal course of things to accuse someone of faking cancer. Or how tacky it is that she, as a doctor's wife would lecture her friend Vicki to show her boyfriend's medical records as proof of an illness. 

It's that same smugness she had towards Shannon and David all over again. It's the same smugness she had towards Alexis all over again. Essentially, this is the real Heather. Full disclosure, I have not liked Heather since she came on the show. She has always come across as phony and bitchy to me. I have never seen her as a diplomat or a voice of reason. So, her behavior on WWHL is no surprise to me. She is so caught up in what she perceives the audience believes that she can't be bothered to read the room in real time.

Brilliant read of Heather Dubrow! Thanks MatildaMoody

• Love 5

I'm assuming the point was not the absence or presence of an apostrophe, but rather that the correct unit of measurement is "cm" (centimeter) as opposed to "em", the latter being the sort of garbled gobbledygook you'd see in a cut and paste/ print job off the internet, the former being an actual scientific unit of measurement you'd find in a legitimate medical report transcribed by the sort of competent folk you'd expect to be hired or contracted by competent medical providers.

Why would anyone trying to forge a medical document, copy and paste from a document full of gobbledygook and run on sentences? Are we to assume that Brooks and Vicki were too lazy to visually scan the document first? Or maybe they just assumed no one would notice? Really?
  • Love 8

Ok, I can't always watch the show on Mon night so I don't see it until later and then have to read all the comments and laugh and laugh. After a thorough analysis I believe Vicki told Brooks he had to film with her. Brooks anticipated several stressful months of more of the same, being yelled at and/or standing by while Vicki yelled at someone. In order to get his Bravo money from the Vickster, and to insure a relatively calm, more enjoyable filming season of some nice free dinners out and catered dinner parties where he remained in the background, quoting Hallmark platitudes about his love for Vicks, he told Vicki that he thought his cancer had returned/might be returning. 

Who would yell at a man with cancer, thought the conman?  

However, there is nothing the real coven of OC hates more than having to be nice to Brooks.  So boring.  Who knows what went on behind the scenes, but no one was buying it for too long.

Meanwhile, Brooks and Vicki decide to partner with an alternate therapy lady to sell some recipes stuff, etc., and make some cash! Brooks knows that Vicki's Vodka and Diamonds and Cruises for Strippers Who Want to Sell Insurance Better sucked, so something healthier might appeal to more viewers. I bet she's also trying to develop a juicer machine to hawk too, but maybe the prototype took too long cuz it hasn't made it on the air yet? Who knows.

Brooks didn't really think this one out too far ahead of time. Just rolled with it. Thus the mess we are stuck with this season. 

Anyway, wow. Shannon is such a shrew to David still. I know she's hurting and stuff but she jumped on him when he looked at the menu and said, what is here that you like? You like those empanadas? At which point she screamed at him that they were full of fat!! Geez Shannon. She is so exasperating. Just say I'd love the empanadas but I feel they would set me back weight wise. Or whatever. She's got David where she wants him, he's looking at the menu thinking about what she likes, voicing that, and then SPLAT!! She knocks him down because he didn't suggest a pile of edamame. I bet he was missing you know who at that moment.

• Love 7

Why would anyone trying to forge a medical document, copy and paste from a document full of gobbledygook and run on sentences? Are we to assume that Brooks and Vicki were too lazy to visually scan the document first? Or maybe they just assumed no one would notice? Really?

Lol!

Especially Vicki.

Vicki is a controlling perfectionist.

• Love 3

I don't remember Andy saying that. Even if he did, it still does not make sense to me because it seems most people would prefer a show sans Brooks.

If you go to Bravo's home site, under the Andy interviews with the woman/employee, it is there. He answers why he did in fact say that, I also recall that he talked about this in his latest book as well.

I agree, I would prefer no Brooks and IMO, Andy has double standards because he allowed Bethenny to keep her then BF off camera and allowed her to claim she wasn't in any relationship when in fact she was.

• Love 5

It appeared to me that he did, so we'll have to just agree to disagree. (I won't argue on what the doctor would/wouldn't be able to feel, because I don't have a medical background like Meghan.)

Just because something is uncommon doesn't mean it never occurs.

I agree, especially if Brooks is such a seasoned scammer. Dude was smooth as silk when dealing with the Edmonds, but then he suddenly loses his finesse? Yeah, it puzzles.

Sorry, I put the "apostrophe" in, it is just a habit of mine. LOL

• Love 2

My husband is a medical doctor. Notes and reports have typing errors frequently. He tries to correct all he finds, but I'm sure misses some. His typing is outsourced. So, I'm choosing to believe Brooks at this moment.

I swear, Shannon's face looks different.

The episode was a big yawn for me.

• Love 6

So I was a little disappointed in the presentation of the "record".  As part of the weighing in, in the court of public opinion I have decided my opinion lies on the Brooks has NHL, perhaps it was as serious as Stage 3 last October and that the others' questioning of Brooks and Vicki's assertions has far more to do with how  and when they presented things and Brooks past history of being a little duplicitous and Vicki's history of being a lot duplicitous.

I used Vicki and Brooks twitter accounts and various articles that have been posted before.  I have pretty much just ignored Meghan because I think she is clueless.

In September of 2014, there was an alleged surreptitious recording of Vicki complaining about Brooks and losing endorsements.  (Radaronline)  The article came out right after the  Reunion aired last year wherein Vicki and brooks discussed moving in.  A month goes by (October 2nd) and Brooks gives a statement to Radaronline that his 2013 cancer has returned and is aggressive and he will aggressively treat the cancer.  He asks for privacy.  A couple of days later Vicki "breaks her silence" about the issue. October 15th Brooks post a picture of City of Hope and a thank you for their amazing work.  October 16th he claims to begin his chemotherapy.  October 17th he tweets an endorsement of Club Detox.  He and Vicki start posting couple's pictures again.

Brooks goes home to Mississippi, for Thanksgiving.  In early December he posts another picture claiming round 2 of chemo.  A week later he and Vicki are in NYC for a five day trip and picking up another box of Club Detox products. Brooks goes to Colorado for Christmas, returns heads to Las Vegas and a couple of days later heads to Puerto Vallarta.  They return in time for the opening party and two days later Brooks had round 3 of chemo.  So life and filming go on and an unexpected interruption-Vicki's mom dies necessitating two trips to Illinois for her and keeping her somewhat at bay from filming until they go to Tahiti.

All of a sudden out of the blue, (March 20th) Brooks gives an exclusive with an update on his cancer and announces he is quitting chemo, "as of tomorrow" (following his six week chemo schedule it would have due around March 7th).  In the article he claims he is exploring Shannon's referrals. So pretty much in the same day he went fro exploring Shannon's referrals to signing on with resveratrol treatment and other homeopathic remedies. He then does an impromptu Q&A with the ladies who are understandably concerned over this desperately ill man giving up on chemo. He and Vicki can't keep their stories straight but their endorsement is now assured a spot in filming. 

It just seems to me Brooks and Vicki were trying to create a sympathetic storyline and garner some endorsements and the devil was in the details.  I don't think Brooks and Vicki thought there would be a screen grab of the report and that is why Heather called it a "mockument".  I can't decide if Vicki truly capitulated to the document showing because she was upset or to gain sympathy.  I kind of thought more highly of the two of them when they were saying no to revealing medical records.

I don't think Vicki and Brooks lied outright but I do believe Brooks may have exaggerated the illness and its progress.  I sure don't want to see him die to disprove Meghan.  To me, the last straw is Brooks recent revelations the cancer has gotten better (with no chemo) and he is returning to Southern California for treatment after another major announcement by he and Vicki about breaking up.  They do so in such a civilized manner.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 13

Did anyone watch the X Files back in the day?

Anyway, the X Files never really showed the creepy creatures the characters were investigating. Only quick glimpses were shown. I thought that method added more tension and drama to the show.

If Brooks must be on TV, that is the way I prefer he be filmed.

• Love 9

Maybe the same Vicki who took a photo of herself and posted it to Twitter and didn't realize or notice she included a full topless shot?

• Love 7

This seems to be easier to believe but I'm scratching my head with you on this one.

• Love 4

This seems to be easier to believe but I'm scratching my head with you on this one.

In so many ways, this whole report defies logic, in 1 way or another. LOL Either it is real but done by an unqualified person, so bad that they should be fired or it is fake and they never thought production would actually show the document on camera. I don't think anyone will know for sure, a typical production move IMO. LOL

• Love 3

Cancer or no cancer, I just have to weigh in and say that overall I am enjoying this season's sh*tfest.  IMO, it's much more entertaining that the season of RHOBH where everyone was up in arms over whatever it was that whats-her-face "allegedly" said about Adrienne (and her kids?).  They filmed the whole season around something that couldn't be spoken.  That was dumb and frustrating to watch. 

• Love 6

Correct me if I'm wrong but when Tamra asked Brooks about the run on words when she was looking at the document, Brooks replied that it had to do with the dictation.  That's his story.  If it were a problem with his printer, there was no reason for him to not say that if that's what happened.  If there was a problem with downloading it from the Imaging Facility, there was no reason for him to not say that's what happened either. 

I can understand that there can be some typos in a report but I don't understand how a medical report this bad would be signed by a radiologist and looked at by the patient's doctor, and then be released to the patient.  I haven't seen a ton of test results in my life but I've never seen one like this.  And I believe he knew that the viewers were going to see it when he showed it to Tamra and she questioned it.  What the truth is I have no idea.  But like ZM stated, it may well have to do with making some money.

• Love 3

Correct me if I'm wrong but when Tamra asked Brooks about the run on words when she was looking at the document, Brooks replied that it had to do with the dictation.  That's his story.  If it were a problem with his printer, there was no reason for him to not say that if that's what happened.  If there was a problem with downloading it from the Imaging Facility, there was no reason for him to not say that's what happened either. 

I can understand that there can be some typos in a report but I don't understand how a medical report this bad would be signed by a radiologist and looked at by the patient's doctor, and then be released to the patient.  I haven't seen a ton of test results in my life but I've never seen one like this.  And I believe he knew that the viewers were going to see it when he showed it to Tamra and she questioned it.  What the truth is I have no idea.  But like ZM stated, it may well have to do with making some money.

No medical professional would issue that sort of report to a patient.  And to say it was a problem with dictation makes NO sense.  Did the doctor speak so quickly that the typist thought entire sentences were a single word?  Give me a break!

• Love 6

No medical professional would issue that sort of report to a patient. And to say it was a problem with dictation makes NO sense. Did the doctor speak so quickly that the typist thought entire sentences were a single word? Give me a break!

Yes they would.

By law, patients are entitled to copies of all of their medical records. Unaltered, unedited.

It is against the law to alter medical records. Even when there are mistakes.

• Love 2

Yes they would.

By law, patients are entitled to copies of all of their medical records. Unaltered, unedited.

It is against the law to alter medical records. Even when there are mistakes.

IIRC handwritten notes can be changed or corrected by drawing a single line through the error and initialing and corrected information entered.  No white out or erasures are allowed.  A dictated document is suppose to read and reviewed by the person dictating the report.  If it is not there is generally a notation that the record has been dictated by not reviewed.  So an unedited report would be available only if the author didn't review or make changes.

• Love 6

I messed up.

Ignore this.

IIRC handwritten notes can be changed or corrected by drawing a single line through the error and initialing and corrected information entered. No white out or erasures are allowed. A dictated document is suppose to read and reviewed by the person dictating the report. If it is not there is generally a notation that the record has been dictated by not reviewed. So an unedited report would be available only if the author didn't review or make changes.

Patients can edit their records like that.

Clinicians can't.

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 1