Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E17: Broken Records

• Start Topic

At this point I expect us to see Meghan’s head popping up in Vicki’s toilet like on one of those horrible American Standard ads.  She’ll be trying to get urine and stool samples from Brooks to continue her search for truth and justice. 

I do have a problem with people mentioning Ryan working as a janitor.  All of the janitors I know show up to work and do their jobs.  Ryan would be 0 for 2 in meeting those basic criteria.  Unless there’s a job in which he gets to do whatever he wants while people wait on him and he is allowed to bitch and moan about how difficult his life is, I don’t see any employment for him.  Then again, do they need crash test dummies in aerospace?  Strap him in, gag him and crash him into a wall.  I think we all would enjoy seeing that.

• Love 14

I checked the website of the Newport Imagining and in their list of procedure PET/CT scans are preformed.

In regards to the clinical report, no transcriptionist worth the salt would not have made the errors in spacing that are visible in that report.

I pray for his recovery if this is true.

This is not true.    If you had clicked on Pet Scan on the Newport Imaging site , it takes you to where they ARE performed.

Marilyn Herbert Hausman Advanced Technology Pavilion

One Hoag Drive

Newport Beach, CA 92663

949-764-1880

949-764-1882 fax

get directions website

Radiology Services

PET/CT

• Love 4

This is not true.    If you had clicked on Pet Scan on the Newport Imaging site , it takes you to where they ARE performed.

Marilyn Herbert Hausman Advanced Technology Pavilion

One Hoag Drive

Newport Beach, CA 92663

949-764-1880

949-764-1882 fax

get directions website

Radiology Services

PET/CT

But then the report would have been on Hoag letterhead, or whoever performed the scan, not the doctor's office who made the referral. Looks hinky to me.

• Love 2

Well she must have really meant it and Vicki should never have anything to do with her again. Of course Brooks and his family should never be in the same room with her. I think he should also file a police report and get a restraining order, just to be sure he is safe. After all when a drunken Brooks was baited to say (in a facetious way) that Brianna's husband should beat her......that of course was SERIOUS and now she can never be near Brooks ever again, regardless of how this affects her own mother.

Perhaps Briana took that remark seriously even though Brooks was drunk and was being glib. Perhaps also, Brooks Ayers was aware of the domestic violence in Ryan's past. Ryan Culberson isn't exactly the squeaky-clean all-American Marine according to police reports. Orange County Court Records show that a woman named Rachel charged Ryan with Domestic Violence in 2010. Interesting, Ryan was married to his first wife, Melia (I believe they were separated) at that time and it was also around that time that he met Briana. Briana and Ryan eloped in 2011. .Ryan Culberson ex-girlfriend Rachel Lawrence was awarded a retraining order against Culberson after Lawrence petitioned the court asking that Ryan Culberson be ordered not to “harass, attack, strike, assault” her. Ryan was "sneaking around" on his first wife with Briana, who didn't know he was still married at the time.  According to court records Ryan's divorce from his first wife Melia was finalized in 2010.

Rachel Lawrence stated:

“After our breakup, he has followed me relentlessly. He has threatened men that I dance with… Ryan Culberson, usually in a drunken state, often waits in the parking slots of these dance clubs. He tries to start fights with my friends, as well as harass and threaten me that he will harm my friends,” Lawrence told the court. “I know from my dating experience with [Ryan Culberson] that he carries firearms in the truck of his car. He told me that he has a concealed weapons permit.”

Sometime, people just aren't at all like they seem to be.

• Love 4

But then the report would have been on Hoag letterhead, or whoever performed the scan, not the doctor's office who made the referral. Looks hinky to me.

Its all hinky and I suspect after last night's show, the corporate office will be in touch with Ayers soon via their legal team.    Vicki and Brooks both lied about where the pet scan was done, then showed on national television a mashed up mess that people are calling a mockument.    Not good for business.

• Love 7

That whole makeup prep for Tamra's baptism looks stupid. The makeup artist said "don't squint when you go under" and my husband said out loud, Yeah, Jesus hates squinting.

OMG, I love your husband.  That was fabulous.

• Love 6

At this point I expect us to see Meghan’s head popping up in Vicki’s toilet like on one of those horrible American Standard ads.  She’ll be trying to get urine and stool samples from Brooks to continue her search for truth and justice. 

If that happened and it was only shown on pay-per-view, you bet I'd shell out the cash to see it.

• Love 6

This has reached the point where the endless harassment and dogging of Brooks and Vicki about this, despite many pleas to stop, has become sickening. The tide starts to turn and people begin to feel sympathy for the person they accuse of being dishonest. The relentless attempts by Tamra, Meghan, and Shannon to discredit Brooks Ayers has backfired to a great extent and only served to make them look like vultures and opportunists. In the end, the truth will come out but in the meantime, before the reunion episode is filmed and 'in the can' waiting to air, this issue with Brooks won't be resolved. That may never happen unless of course he dies of cancer.

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for Vicki or Brooks.  I also don't think anything has "backfired" on those questioning the inconsistencies relayed to them by Brooks and Vicki.

Only three days ago Vicki answered a fan's tweet with a statement that sounds like she's going to claim that she was mislead by Brooks.  Of course since Vicki is a lying liar who lies, that may just be part of her planned story line for this season too.

Here's the tweets:

Kalli ❤ ‏@wendymau6

@vgunvalson Stick to your guns Vicki! Your fans are behind you 100%. If u know the truth, don't let miniscule ppl test u. U r way better. ✌

Vicki Gunvalson – Verified account ‏@vgunvalson

@wendymau6 Thank you! I only know what was told to me, and I stood behind the person I loved during this time we were together.

9:13 PM - 26 Sep 2015

Last night on WWHL Heather was asked if the cancer/no cancer speculation would be resolved and she said it would be "by the court of public opinion."  That sounds like we'll never get a real answer.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 12

This has reached the point where the endless harassment and dogging of Brooks and Vicki about this, despite many pleas to stop, has become sickening. The tide starts to turn and people begin to feel sympathy for the person they accuse of being dishonest. The relentless attempts by Tamra, Meghan, and Shannon to discredit Brooks Ayers has backfired to a great extent and only served to make them look like vultures and opportunists. In the end, the truth will come out but in the meantime, before the reunion episode is filmed and 'in the can' waiting to air, this issue with Brooks won't be resolved. That may never happen unless of course he dies of cancer.

Word.

I don't even like Brooks, but I will defend his right to keep his medical records *private*.

That storyline has gone way too far.

• Love 9

I don't think Shannon is being as good of a friend to Vicki as Vicki has been to her.  Vicki has always supported Shannon.  Last week Shannon was harassing Vicki to the point of Vicki being in tears even though Vicki repeatedly asked her to stop.  When Shannon was not invited to Meghan party, Vicki had her back and didn't go to the party either but took Shannon out to dinner instead so she wouldn't feel left out.  Now Vicki is the one being left out by Meghan and Shannon is invited.  Why couldn't Shannon do the same for Vicki as Vicki did for her.  Shannon could have invited Vicki to her house for their own viewing party.  That's what she should have done.

I wish everyone would just leave Vicki and Brooks alone.  For cripes sake, Vicki's mother just died.  She saddened enough without these assholes doubting Brooks' cancer.  It's just horrible. 

Vicki and Brooks started all this by telling different stories to each of the other HWs. Then, during filming, Brooks gave interviews that were different from ALL the stories he told them. He is intentionally misleading everyone IMO.

As for Shannon not going to the Dubrow launch party in favor of spending time with Vicki, maybe she would have had Vicki not sent her a nasty text the day after their lunch.

There are a number of "hinky" problems with that "report"! LOL

• Love 12

Word.

I don't even like Brooks, but I will defend his right to keep his medical records *private*.

That storyline has gone way too far.

It is definitely his right to keep his medical records private.   The thing is........he decided to show them on national television. HIS choice.

• Love 15

It is definitely his right to keep his medical records private. The thing is........he decided to show them on national television. HIS choice.

I don't care if it was his choice or not.

It was a boundary that should have never been crossed.

Either way, there shouldn't have been any opportunity, whether coerced or by choice, for anyone to produce their private medical records for public consumption.

It's not entertaining, or even mildly interesting. It's just plain gross and stupid.

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 12

I can't speak for anyone else but I don't feel the slightest bit of sympathy for Vicki or Brooks.  I also don't think anything has "backfired" on those questioning the inconsistencies relayed to them by Brooks and Vicki.

Only three days ago Vicki answered a fan's tweet with a statement that sounds like she's going to claim that she was mislead by Brooks.  Of course since Vicki is a lying liar who lies, that may just be part of her planned story line for this season too.

Here's the tweets:

Kalli ❤ ‏@wendymau6

@vgunvalson Stick to your guns Vicki! Your fans are behind you 100%. If u know the truth, don't let miniscule ppl test u. U r way better. ✌

Vicki Gunvalson – Verified account ‏@vgunvalson

@wendymau6 Thank you! I only know what was told to me, and I stood behind the person I loved during this time we were together.

9:13 PM - 26 Sep 2015

Last night on WWHL Heather was asked if the cancer/no cancer speculation would be resolved and she said it would be "by the court of public opinion."  That sounds like we'll never get a real answer.

I found this about "court of public opinion."

http://thenewinquiry.com/blogs/zunguzungu/there-is-no-such-thing-as-the-court-of-public-opinion-but-maybe-there-should-be/

excerpt--

There is no such thing as The Court of Public Opinion. When people use the phrase, they strongly imply—even outright state—that newspaper articles, op-eds, “litigation by hashtag,” and general opinion-having by the unwashed masses constitutes a kind of parallel legal system in which “mob justice” is meted out by “villagers with torches.” In the Court of Public Opinion, they believe, “the one-eyed man with the most Twitter followers is king,” and all the checks and balances of law and order are suspended:

“In the Court of Public Opinion there are no rules of evidence, no burdens of proof, no cross-examinations, and no standards of admissibility. There are no questions and also no answers. Also, please be aware that in the Court of Public Opinion, choosing silence or doubt is itself a prosecutable offense…the Court of Public Opinion is what we used to call villagers with flaming torches. It has no rules, no arbiter, no mechanism at all for separating truth from lies. It allows everything into evidence and has no mechanism to separate facts about the case from the experiences and political leanings of the millions of us who are all acting as witnesses, judges, and jurors.”

If you say the phrase “The Court of Public Opinion” enough times, one might be persuaded that it exists. But there is no such thing as “The Court of Public Opinion.” There is no such thing as “The Court of Public Opinion.”

All the quotes above are from Dahlia Lithwick, who wrote a piece for Slate called “Woody Allen v. Dylan Farrow: The Court of Public Opinion is now in session.”

• Love 2

I was looking at the report again and to me where it is typed Ayers, Brooks, David.....the type (sorry, don't know the right term) looks different. It looks darker and different from the rest of the report.  The date too.

Now, my eyes are not in great shape, so I would love for everyone else to see what they think.

• Love 3

It's all been said and said better by you all.  All I can conclude is:

- Vicki's payoff for IMO being in with Brooks in faking a current NHL diagnosis is to try and gain pity - as much a lure for her as Rolexes and facial fillers and oversizsed implants and tequila - and some strange retroactive support for ever taking up with Crooks.  She has been outed as unfaithful with him, as springing for her own gifts from him, as supporting him and as supporting him against a couple of admittedly selfish family members.  Vicki is one dumb fuck but she craves being thought of as worldly and smart, and being taken for a fool burns her up.  She wanted Tammy Sue in particular to feel shame (like that slag can feel anything) for being so critical (or 'observant'). 

- David is checkitty checked out of the marriage.  Put a fork in it.  After hysterical bonding and the kids, there is not much else between them.  It's actually very sad.  I wonder what Shannon sees watching this.

- Meghan PI's Previously.TV nickname is giving me life.

• Love 7

Dahlia Lithwick should find something worthwhile to write about.

It's a colloquialism, just like "it's raining cats and dogs."

Colloquialisms are not to be taken literally.

• Love 13

Oh my goodness, so Crooks has been quite a busy little beaver lately, hasn't he?  First, he apparently has been wooping it up in Ft. Lauderdale, drinking & partying, and then Satan Andy flew him into NYC for a "secret" interview & put ole Brooksie up in some five star joint.  Hmmmm, living quite the life now on Bravo's dime, ain't ya, Brooksie?  Er, so how long that will last?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3254249/Brooks-Ayers-parties-friends-set-tell-cancer-diagnosis-Bravo-s-Andy-Cohen.html

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

Dahlia Lithwick should find something worthwhile to write about.

It's a colloquialism, just like "it's raining cats and dogs."

Colloquialisms are not to be taken literally.

I knew that there is no court of public opinion. I liked the explanation given and wasn't into the writer or issue, but thanks.

• Love 1

Y'all keep forgetting that Tamra is not getting baptized, but pasteurized! She doesn't qualify for baptism!

Bahahahahahahaha! Now that's funny! Who says you are the cranky one?

Talula, where is your "I love this post" pic?!

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 3

Oh my goodness, so Crooks has been quite a busy little beaver lately, hasn't he?  First, he apparently has been wooping it up in Ft. Lauderdale, drinking & partying, and then Satan Andy flew him into NYC for a "secret" interview & put ole Brooksie up in some five star joint.  Hmmmm, living quite the life now on Bravo's dime, ain't ya, Brooksie?  Er, so how long that will last?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3254249/Brooks-Ayers-parties-friends-set-tell-cancer-diagnosis-Bravo-s-Andy-Cohen.html

Good Grief! In the "interview" in the link, Vicki says that she goes to all his Dr. appointments! LOL She can NOT keep her story/lies straight! LOL

• Love 4

Interesting only the question was only on the table from March 20th when Brooks gave an interview and shortly after April 15th.  Briana is in OC why is she part of the Reunion?  She added nothing this season

• Love 3

I missed this - what was the reference?  That Girl and MTM were two of my favorite shows!

EVINE Headquarters appeared to be in Minneapolis, so when Heather got out of the car she said something like, "I think they filmed That Girl here."  Except of course every MTM show fan knows the show was located in Minneapolis and only the fabulous opening exteriors were actually filmed there.

Ryan's interview at the aerospace company:  They need janitors?  What other position could he possibly qualify for? 

Hey, that's respectable work and janitors work hard.  No way Ryan would be interested in a janitorial position.  Hell, he was too good to work in the parts department at a luxury car dealer where Simon worked and barely held down the towel person job at his mother's gym.  

Last night's episode was the first time that I thought Vicki looked like she knew -- not just suspected, but knew -- the cancer story was a lie. Watching her while Tamra was reviewing that bogus report (sorry, no lab releases an official report with that many typos), Vicki's face just seemed a mass of guilt and embarrassment and anger.

Same here.  I've always thought [and still do] that this was Crooks scam on Vickie to get her to move him into her house.  But sometime before that scene happened Vickie clearly found out.   And instead of exposing him and kicking him out of her house he talked her into this new plan to convince the other women through Tamra.    At least that's what I believe.  The fact is, no way anyone will really ever know for sure - which is the beauty of this con.  

I knew [and said] last week that even if Crooks gave them some "proof" it wouldn't be enough.  The fact that people were calling his cancer claims a scam months before this show even aired [October 2014] is why.  If Brooks wasn't already perceived as a con man grifter people wouldn't doubt him.   i mean really, the first thing people think of when they hear someone has cancer isn't that it's fake, but that's what a whole lot of people thought about Brooks, including me. 

• Love 8

Interesting only the question was only on the table from March 20th when Brooks gave an interview and shortly after April 15th.  Briana is in OC why is she part of the Reunion?  She added nothing this season

I am picturing a intervention type reunion on Vicki, so Brianna will be there to finally get thru her mother's extra thick skull.

Vicki agree's to go to treatment ( a wittle rest)  so the camera follows her outside, where to her horror a FAMILY VAN awaits her.   She falls to the ground, takes a bottle of the now defunct Vicki's Vodka out of her bag and can be heard muttering .........family van, family van.

• Love 15

It is definitely his right to keep his medical records private.   The thing is........he decided to show them on national television. HIS choice.

I don't care if it was his choice or not.

It was a boundary that should have never been crossed.

Either way, there shouldn't have been any opportunity, whether coerced or by choice, for anyone to produce their private medical records for public consumption.

It's not entertaining, or even mildly interesting. It's just plain gross and stupid.

You should tell that to Brooks.

As far the entertainment value, there really shouldn't be any but the "mockument"  Brooks volunteered was snark worthy.

• Love 10

I thought Lizzie's boobs looked huge. And I think I saw back fat? Maybe she's pregnant?

Another thing I noticed was that Shannon got interrupted going on about her health problems. Lol

That actually irritated me. Shannon is frequently mocked as a hypochondriac, yet here she was talking details - Bronchiectasis from multiple pneumonias - and mouth cuts her off. It explains her chronic cough, mucous, and nebulizer treatments.

Tamra was married to Darren Vieth (who was 3 years older) when she was 18 years old, the same year she gave birth to Ryan. In an interview in 2013, Darren Vieth had some pretty outrageous and nasty things to say about Tamra in a RealityTea interview.

Meghan-headbands....what can anyone say about those?

2gum87a.jpg

What can we do to convince this woman to keep her clothes on? A cadaver is less graphic.

• Love 8

I am picturing a intervention type reunion on Vicki, so Brianna will be there to finally get thru her mother's extra thick skull.

Vicki agree's to go to treatment ( a wittle rest) so the camera follows her outside, where to her horror a FAMILY VAN awaits her. She falls to the ground, takes a bottle of the now defunct Vicki's Vodka out of her bag and can be heard muttering .........family van, family van.

Love it, very FUNNY Cherrio...Vicki confronted by her daughter, every housewife, her brother, and Andy for her codependency on Brooks. Before she left for rehab she'd be crying like heck, stumbling in her heels and dress two sizes too small, lol. Then Heather will beg the court of public opinion not to be too hard on poor Vicki. Love and lust had blinded her to Brooks' cancer and Detox Cleanse scam!!!

1.gif

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

I know I've posed this question before, but who is paying all of these medical bills? I wonder if insurance would even cover this new treatment.

Just kidding, it's probably Vicki -

All's I know is that a friend of mine is in the initial stages of conventional chemo and he and his wife are already worried about expenses. He has a good job and a good insurance policy. But they're still nervous.

Brooks doesn't have a job (except for whatever he gets paid by Bravo) - or am I missing something?

Im sure Obamacare is. I work for the State of California...in the Covered California/Obamacare dept... Edited by Christi
  • Love 3

Im sure Obamacare is. I work for the State of California...in the Covered California/Obamacare dept...dont get me started

I don't get it.  He doesn't have a job.  How would Obamacare fit in?  And why is it a bad thing to get help with coverage for medical expenses?   Crooks' situation may be questionable, but millions of others affected by cancer, who can't afford treatment, might be greatly helped by Obamacare.  Anyhoo, this is way off topic.  I suspect Vicks is working her insurance knowledge to get all medical treatments for Crooks free -- without having anything to do with Obamacare.

I was watching Vicks very closely in this ep.  She was acting very weird (as she has for much of this season) & she looked guilty (to me) -- like she was hiding something.  There were points she was oddly quiet.  Not typical for Vicks, eh?  Are ya hiding something from us, hun?  Spill it!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 10

Well with $0 income, he would be eligible for Medi cal. As a single person, he would need to claim income of just under $17000 for the year, for AMAZING coverage. Im sure he could show that income based on what he made on the show alone.

Yes, Vic sells insurance, but I cant imagine her paying full price for coverage when she can get huge discounts for him.

I really doubt that because Vicki sells insurance, that she can get free medical care from reputable Drs.

Also, the convo came up because someone ASKED...and Im not sure where you saw it referenced that getting assistance with coverage is a bad thing!? Lol...I work for Obamacare, and have had since the beginning. Sheesh!

Lol these posts r so funny sometimes

Edited by Christi
  • Love 3

If Brooks didn't want to talk about his cancer on the show, he didn't have to.  He also didn't have to film scenes with a doctor or his detox coach or whatever she is.  He didn't have to inform the women at his birthday party he stopped chemo.  He didn't have to film scenes with Vicks popping 40 pills or whatever it was.  He didn't have to do any of this.  He didn't just put it on the show, he and Vicks made it a storyline.  If he didn't do this, no one would be questioning him.  Both he and Vicks have contradicted themselves regarding things about his cancer and treatment.  So, IMO, other people can question what he has allowed to be filmed because he opened the door. 

And no, he didn't have to produce a CT scan either.  But he did.  And he decided to produce something that is clearly, IMO, questionable.  I still don't know if Brooks had cancer during filming and it was a 'ruse' to present things the way he did for airtime or he's lying through his teeth for airtime.  I would love to know if he got paid by the episode that he made an appearance in or got a flat fee contract.

• Love 13

Oh good grief - my father had NHL. Had cadillac insurance and went to a well respected clinic connected to a hospital. The doctor recommended him to various departments in the hospital for tests.

All doctors do not have these very, very, expensive machines to do it themselves let alone interpret them as a radiologist does. Even your doctor does not have a mammogram machine in their office - they refer you to a facility that does that.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 7

Well with $0 income, he would be eligible for Medi cal. As a single person, he would need to claim income of just under $17000 for the year, for AMAZING coverage. Im sure he could show that income based on what he made on the show alone.

Yes, Vic sells insurance, but I cant imagine her paying full price for coverage when she can get huge discounts for him.

I really doubt that because Vicki sells insurance, that she can get free medical care from reputable Drs.

Also, the convo came up because someone ASKED...and Im not sure where you saw it referenced that getting assistance with coverage is a bad thing!? Lol...I work for Obamacare, and have had since the beginning. Sheesh!

Lol these posts r so funny sometimes

Oh, OK.  To me, your above post sounded like you were bashing Obamacare, which was confusing (to me) cuz I didn't understand how it tied into this ep.  But you make a good point that's just too easy to forget.  Crooks may not have a job, but he must make pretty good dough from Bravo.  And no, I don't believe Vicks is actually getting him into any & all doctors for free.  C'mon, that's silly.  But I'm sure she knows her way around the insurance world & she knows how to work the system better than the average person would.  Idk, I've always thought of Vicks as a very smarmy character.  This season confirms it for me.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

Oh good grief - my father had NHL. Had cadillac insurance and went to a well respected clinic connected to a hospital. The doctor recommended him to various departments in the hospital for tests.

All doctors do not have these very, very, expensive machines to do it themselves let alone interpret them as a radiologist does. Even your doctor does not have a mammogram machine in their office - they refer you to a facility that does that.

No one thinks that a Dr. did the Pet/Ct scan in their office. Brooks said that he had them done at an Imaging Center and Meghan called and was told that they no longer do PET scans at that facility. The Dr. that was shown with Brooks/Vicki and detox woman was the resveratrol Dr. and he only read the (mangled) "results" Brooks provided him, he did not order the PET scan either.

• Love 7

Just finished the episode..and Megan clearly needs to add about 30 lbs...she is Scary Thin. They say the camera adds 10 lbs, and it really does.

I saw Larry King and his Skelator wife at Disneyland about 5 years ago, and his wife looked bizarre...like a body type so thin that Ive never seen before in person..I was completely gob smacked

• Love 4

http://thenewinquiry...here-should-be/

excerpt--

There is no such thing as The Court of Public Opinion. When people use the phrase, they strongly imply—even outright state—that newspaper articles, op-eds, “litigation by hashtag,” and general opinion-having by the unwashed masses constitutes a kind of parallel legal system in which “mob justice” is meted out by “villagers with torches.” In the Court of Public Opinion, they believe, “the one-eyed man with the most Twitter followers is king,” and all the checks and balances of law and order are suspended:

“In the Court of Public Opinion there are no rules of evidence, no burdens of proof, no cross-examinations, and no standards of admissibility. There are no questions and also no answers. Also, please be aware that in the Court of Public Opinion, choosing silence or doubt is itself a prosecutable offense…the Court of Public Opinion is what we used to call villagers with flaming torches. It has no rules, no arbiter, no mechanism at all for separating truth from lies. It allows everything into evidence and has no mechanism to separate facts about the case from the experiences and political leanings of the millions of us who are all acting as witnesses, judges, and jurors.”

If you say the phrase “The Court of Public Opinion” enough times, one might be persuaded that it exists. But there is no such thing as “The Court of Public Opinion.” There is no such thing as “The Court of Public Opinion.”

All the quotes above are from Dahlia Lithwick, who wrote a piece for Slate called “Woody Allen v. Dylan Farrow: The Court of Public Opinion is now in session.”

This was written for Slate Magazine soooo, yeah, that makes it as ridiculous as it seems, IMO. What this author fails to realize is that the Court Of Public Opinion isn't a REAL court, it's an EXPRESSION. And it IS real. Ask any Hollywood actor who lost movie roles because of bad publicity. Ask any non-famous person who was arrested for something, had broadcast on the local and/or national news and now can't get a job, lost friends, family, etc. Those consequences are as a result of THE COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION! So it does exist. I hate this kind of twisted crap written by these kind of authors.

• Love 10

I hope these women are right because if Brooks dies of this disease I sincerely don't know how any of them could ever live with themselves. There would be no justification in the world to make what they have done alright. 

I haven't been too upset for Vicki and Brooks up until now, but I have to say that Heather's overt snarkiness on WWHL was really not a good look. It was the first time I felt this pang of, "What if he is telling the truth? And you're on national TV basically mocking him?" It would really suck if he has cancer and the two of them had to deal with this nonsense on top of it. I am not sure why Heather has dropped her usual (feigned) diplomacy, but she seemed really bitchy and not at all concerned for someone she considers a friend (Vicki). Even the other guest (Annabelle?) seemed skeeved by Heather's attitude.

This Doctor is covering his rear end, just in case he's being played. Why would Vicki & Brooks invite cameras along to a Doctor visit with a Doc he has never seen before? It was clear it was Lemka who referred them to this new Doc, the ClubDetox tree shower, juicing lady. Then we see alternative therapy and an evaluation based on one scan when he supposedly has an extensive history with NHL? I don't think Brooks faked his history, but I do think are revisiting it to have a storyline for Vicki this season.

I have seen a lot of mention of the doctor saying, "Unless this was faked." The reason he said that was because, just moments prior, Vicki had explained that her circle of friends were accusing Brooks of faking cancer. And so the doctor was basically saying, "If he's faking cancer, then this report is faked because the report clearly says he has it." I felt it was an awkwardly phrased way of confirming that Brooks was sick.

• Love 7

My doctor's office (group practice owned by a corp.) actually does have a mammography machine in the office along with a CT scanner, ultrasound machine, x-ray machines, DEXA scanner, and treadmill test equipment. Before the ACA screwed up all the formerly excellent insurance plans use of any of these machines was included in our $40 office visit co-pay (except mammogram which is free). It was great. Over the years both my husband and I have had to have a CT scan and ultrasound, hubby had treadmill test and it cost us no deductible, no out of pocket, no 20% co-pay, just the $40 office co-pay.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 3

If Brooks had his report emailed it could just be the program on his computer couldn't transfer from the program it was written in and part of it is messed up. I'd had this happen! Or it could be sloppy transcribing. It happens! So now the guy has shown his medical report and everyone's going to pick on that for being fake? Good God. Also I have zilch idea the difference between a pet or a ct. To expect someone whos ill to get everything pin point correct is just stupid.I frequently mis speak. Doesn't mean I'm lying!

I know what you mean.  Sometimes the formatting in some documents goes bye-bye when you transfer it from one form of media to another.  Especially if the two forms of media aren't compatible.  I once had a cheap little dot matrix printer that didn't hold any of the formatting from Word documents.  It just didn't have the fonts for it.  (This was before laser printers became popular).

As far as Shannon's relationship with Vickie goes, Shannon has tried to be a good friend.  I have seen no discussions where Shannon has outright said Brooks doesn't have cancer.  She provided resources for Brooks which, rightfully or wrongfully, Brooks chose not to take advantage of.  That's fine.  But I would have a difficult time with this whole storyline, were it happening to one of my friends, and I was trying to stand by my friend and there was so much static out there about the accuracy of the details of the storyline.  Shannon was still hanging in there, but was really getting overwhelmed with the information that was being presented.  I don't blame Shannon one bit.

I wasn't faulting Shannon for having doubts about Brook's cancer.  I was faulting her as a friend who wouldn't shut up about the whole situation on camera.  A real life friend would only express her doubt in private with her best friend.  You wouldn't keep badgering your friend about why things aren't adding up while the cameras are rolling.  You would have a private conversation and let your friend know what everyone else was saying but make it clear that you know your friend wouldn't sink that low and you stand behind them 100 percent.  I lost a friend who was like a sister to me years ago when I questioned her integrity about a matter that she did a whole 90 degree turn on out of the blue.  We never spoke to each other again.  Was it worth it to me?  No!  I miss her still to this day.  I should have believed in her and been there for her instead of questioning and doubting her.  :-(

Edited by swankie
  • Love 4

Just finished the episode..and Megan clearly needs to add about 30 lbs...she is Scary Thin. They say the camera adds 10 lbs, and it really does.

I saw Larry King and his Skelator wife at Disneyland about 5 years ago, and his wife looked bizarre...like a body type so thin that Ive never seen before in person..I was completely gob smacked

I would have agreed, but I just saw this & changed my mind.  Now this is skeery-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3253392/Tara-Reid-parades-super-skinny-bikini-body-beach-date-rumoured-boyfriend.html

Meghan, in comparison, is kinda not-so-bad.  Well, sorta.

I don't get it.  He doesn't have a job.  How would Obamacare fit in?  And why is it a bad thing to get help with coverage for medical expenses?   Crooks' situation may be questionable, but millions of others affected by cancer, who can't afford treatment, might be greatly helped by Obamacare.  Anyhoo, this is way off topic.  I suspect Vicks is working her insurance knowledge to get all medical treatments for Crooks free -- without having anything to do with Obamacare.

I was watching Vicks very closely in this ep.  She was acting very weird (as she has for much of this season) & she looked guilty (to me) -- like she was hiding something.  There were points she was oddly quiet.  Not typical for Vicks, eh?  Are ya hiding something from us, hun?  Spill it!

Brooks may be on an Obamacare (ACA) plan but paying full fare for it rather than one of those who pay like $50 a month for coverage because he has an income from Bravo and his insurance job - assuming he is still employed. I'm assuming Brooks was considered self employed as an insurance rep and did not have access to an employer based plan.  If so he would have had to carry a private medical ins policy. Once he got cancer his insurance co most likely canceled him or raised his rates to a level he couldn't afford - one of the ways the insurance co's got rid of the "undesirables". As a result he would have been uninsured. Enter the ACA and now even as a former cancer patient he can get insurance from the Obamacare policies. What I don't understand is how he can get into the "good" doctors if he is on one of those plans. So many doctors, esp the well known specialist, will not take ACA plans because reimbursement is so low. Many on those plans have to travel hours to find specialist care so maybe Vicki and Brooks are paying a lot of his medical bills out of pocket.

ETA: On the second paragraph of the quote, YES, Vicki is acting guilty! Her face when she was asking Tamra to tell the women - with conviction - that Brooks has cancer she looked sooo guilty, lol! Many times this season she has had the same look a dog has, a dog who has torn up something in the house while the owner is gone but the owner hasn't found the damage yet.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 4

I can understand formatting getting screwed up going from one format to another but in this case, only certain portions were getting screwed up.  And why would the CT scan have to go from one formatting to another?  There's no consistency if that were the case.  And why would this document go to another format?  If it were a PDF, there's no reason to reformat in, say, an Apple program.  And Apple has TextEdit for Word documents. 

• Love 5

I know what you mean.  Sometimes the formatting in some documents goes bye-bye when you transfer it from one form of media to another.  Especially if the two forms of media aren't compatible.  I once had a cheap little dot matrix printer that didn't hold any of the formatting from Word documents.  It just didn't have the fonts for it.  (This was before laser printers became popular).

I wasn't faulting Shannon for having doubts about Brook's cancer.  I was faulting her as a friend who wouldn't shut up about the whole situation on camera.  A real life friend would only express her doubt in private with her best friend.  You wouldn't keep badgering your friend about why things aren't adding up while the cameras are rolling.  You would have a private conversation and let your friend know what everyone else was saying but make it clear that you know your friend wouldn't sink that low and you stand behind them 100 percent.  I lost a friend who was like a sister to me years ago when I questioned her integrity about a matter that she did a whole 90 degree turn on out of the blue.  We never spoke to each other again.  Was it worth it to me?  No!  I miss her still to this day.  I should have believed in her and been there for her instead of questioning and doubting her.  :-(

It is a reality show and Vicki put it out there. Vicki had left her party without saying goodbye.  Vicki had pretty big issues at the party. What would have been totally logical is at the party have one more sit down with Heather, Terry, Shannon and perhaps David and set the record straight.  Tell Shannon point blank why they did not use her referrals (after going on record in a interview claiming he would) would have resolved the situation for the Dubrows and Beadors.  Her trying to turn the tables and blame Shannon was shady. Shannon never accused Vicki of anything. Shannon had been sticking up for Vicki, at Brooks' birthday dinner, once at the luncheon, again at the sex party, and finally at the Aries party and all four times Vicki blew Shannon off only to go to Tamra.  Tamra who had not been loyal to Vicki and it fact started the whole mess with the psychic. It is not just about Vicki's wishes, Tamra had just told her she didn't want a friendship with the restrictions Vicki was putting on their conversations.  Shannon was essentially saying the same thing in a different way.   

Sorry about your friend. 

I don't think Brook's independent insurance biz ever really made much if any money.  It was a chance to get close to Vicks.  As long as he's been in California she's been supporting him. 

I think Brooks worked out of her office and sold insurance or had a consulting business.

• Love 9

That scene was so fake.  OMG like we are to believe terry cannot act on camera after watching him showboat on this show for the past several years.  He said to the cameras he is not comfortable in front of live cameras - uh wtf is this show?  LMAO

This show is not live.  There's a huge difference between being filmed for a reality show and appearing live on camera.  I've done both, and they are really not the same at all.   Live TV can be very frightening to people who are not used to it, especially if they're doing something that's outside of their comfort zone to begin with.

• Love 8