Type keyword(s) to search

"Hell Yeah!" TV Moments

• Start Topic

Question: what are the TV moments that made you cheer? One of my recent favorites was in Episode 36 of Strike Back, the Cinemax series about an elite British anti-terrorism unit.  In it, two of its members, Damien Scott & Michael Stonebridge, have been captured by the North Koreans and are being interrogated and while Scott, whose son Finn has also been captured, is cooperating, Stonebridge not only doesn't, he reads one of the captors for filth, causing her to attack Stonebridge, which leads to his, Scott's & Finn's escape.

Post your picks for the TV moments that made you cheer here.

• Love 2

Doctor Who, S05E01, at the end, when Eleven becomes his awesome self:

"Is this world protected? Because you're not the first lot to come here. Oh, there have been so many! And what you've got to ask is... ..what happened to them?

Hello. 

I'm the Doctor. 

Basically... 

..run!"

I always cheer watching Doctor Who but, even if Matt Smith isn't MY Doctor, this one always makes me jump, scream and HELL YEAH !

I just started watching Person Of Interest on Netflix and I cheer every time Jim Caviezel kicks some evil-doer ass

I literally, IRL cheer pretty much every time Root does or says something. I've been rewatching seasons 2 and 3 these days. It's the fourth time for some episodes, and it is still a pretty noisy experience. :D My neighbors probably think I am watching some sports channel. Most recently I got up, pumped my fist in the air, and said "Fuck yeah!" when Root told Harold: "Don't be jealous, Harold. Mom still loves us both." - that line delivery is hilarious, and the contrast between their emoting styles is consistent throughout the seasons, no matter what rapport they have. Actually, the Harold - Root scenes are probably my favorite part of the show in terms of overall quality: they are all excellent.

From the "Let's Get To Scooping" episode of How To Get Away With Murder, the scene when Annalise took off her wig and her makeup, revealing the vulnerable woman beneath the tough exterior. That scene is iconic for several reasons: it showed a ritual that millions of women in general and Black women have done for centuries, the music, the direction by former ER star Laura Innes and last, but not least, the brilliance of Viola Davis. IMO it not only showed Ms. Davis at her most beautiful, it was that scene that helped her win the Emmy for Best Actress in A Drama.

ETA that the scene ended with Annalise busting her cheating husband Sam ("Why is your penis on a dead girl's phone?") made it even better.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 3

Season 1 Strike Back when Scott and Stonebridge reveal they've captured Latif.

Game of Thrones, Tyrion slapping Joffrey.

Fear the Walking Dead, Madison slapping Nick.

Walking Dead, the destruction of Terminus. 

Boardwalk Empire, Richard Harrow kills every thug in the building.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

• Love 1

Galactica atomosphere drop.

I lost my mind when this happened. Outstanding bit of television, from start to finish. And a little later in the episode, when the Pegasus flew in to the rescue. Loved seeing the sheer firepower of that ship brought to bear on the Cylons.

Chuck. "Guys... I know kung fu." And also when Chuck and Sarah finally got together, and were just more awesome than before.

Almost everything Mark Antony said and did in season 1 of Rome. And a lot of season 2, to be fair, until he started to lose it.

The scene in Angel 2x10, Reunion, where Angel follows Darla and Drusilla to the wine tasting party:

"Angel, people are going to die here."

"And yet, somehow, I just can't seem to care."

The season 1 finale of The Hour, where Freddy just keeps on drilling down on the truth about the Suez Crisis collusion, despite only being on air because Hector wouldn't do it, despite knowing that it would cost him his job, despite his bosses and the BBC's political liaisons glaring daggers at him from just off camera. This scrawny, diminutive, self-declared "weak person" defies it all to get the truth.

Jed Bartlet tells God what he thinks of Him in Two Cathedrals, The West Wing.

Friday Night Lights, season 1 finale. As Drunken Bee so eloquently summarised on TWoP, "The Panthers go to State. They win. It's perfect."

• Love 2

From the "Heavy Is the Head" episode of Scandal, when Olivia & Fitz's affair is outed on national television-this time, with photographic proof- by former Vice President-turned-talk-show host Sally Langston, I cheered the whole time. Not only have I never been Olitz fan, I've been waiting for them to be exposed from the start, especially after last season's finale, when they kissed on the White House balcony, like they didn't have a care in the world.

Seeing Olitz making out on the balcony of the People's House like a couple of lovesick teenagers not only made me want to puke, I wished that the episode had ended with a black & white paparazzi shot of said scene on the front page of the Washington Post, to name one. Whomever exposed Olitz to the world deserves a medal, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

My favorite hell yeah! moment ever, from Becoming, Part 2 of Buffy:

Angel: That's everything, no weapons, no friends. No hope. Take all that away and what's left?

He lunges at Buffy with the sword--

Buffy: Me.

And she proceeds to kick Angel's ass.

Nikita had many "hell yeah!" moments. But my favorite was in the season 2 finale "Homecoming, when Nikita drops Percy down the hatch, finally killing him.

The "Widely loved characters whom you dislike" thread made me think of a "Hell Yeah" moment from when I used to watch Grey's Anatomy: Meredith's season 2 confrontation with Derek in the stairwell after he caught her at the vet's house that morning.  Derek's standing there judging her for sleeping with someone he perceives as yet another man in a long string of men--ironically enough, he's wrong because Meredith didn't sleep with the vet and is in fact in the early stages of a relationship with him--and finally, Meredith snaps.  Her "you don't get to call me a whore" speech had me standing and applauding.

• Love 1

Would HY moments from documentaries count? Because I watched the Secret Tapes of OJ Simpson show recently and there was a great HY moment at the end, when Ron Goldman's sister revealed that after Simpson was sent to jail for stealing all that stuff she sent him a card with the following message: "Congratulations on your new home. Enjoy your new digs. Sincerely, the Goldman Family."

Revenge really is a dish best served cold.

• Love 7

two moments from the Breaking Bad finale: 1) when Walter grabs his key fob and unleashes hell on the Aryan brotherhood including Jessie's revenge on Todd and 2) His last phone call to Lydia.  No matter how awful Walter became, I hated Lydia worse when I realized

she was swirling that ricin powder into her tea,

I think I wept with joy.  What a fantastic way to deploy an element in the story that has been teased relentlessly since season 1.

• Love 2

two moments from the Breaking Bad finale: 1) when Walter grabs his key fob and unleashes hell on the Aryan brotherhood including Jessie's revenge on Todd and 2) His last phone call to Lydia. No matter how awful Walter became, I hated Lydia worse when I realized

she was swirling that ricin powder into her tea,

I think I wept with joy. What a fantastic way to deploy an element in the story that has been teased relentlessly since season 1.

It really was a satisfying finale, wasn't it? Everyone who needed to die did just that

• Love 3

There's something to be said about basically knowing how a show is going to end, and having the execution live up to it.

I mean, BB had to end like that. 

Edited by ganesh
  • Love 2

Two big moments from "It's Magic, Charlie Brown" deserve a Hell Yeah!

After Snoopy accidentally turns Charlie Brown invisible, Charlie Brown decides to make the best of a bad situation and uses it to FINALLY KICK THAT FOOTBALL.

Then, when Snoopy manages to reverse the spell, Charlie Brown happily brags to Lucy about what happened. Lucy just scoffs that nobody will believe him, but Charlie Brown asserts that Snoopy will believe it since he made it happen...and when Lucy insults Snoopy's magic tricks, Snoopy levitates Lucy and leaves her stuck in the air while he and CB do the happy dance.

I know it was mostly just to get back at Lucy, but it was just so nice to see him show some loyalty to Charlie Brown.

• Love 7
(edited)

Bumping it up with some more "Hell, Yeah!" moments from the "Get Out Of Jail, Free" episode of Scandal: when Mellie read both Fitz & Liv for filth in two separate scenes, especially when Fitz went on and on about how he "lost everything" because of Mellie. Last time I checked asshole, you are not only still the leader of the free world (which you've never deserved to be), you're about to marry the so-called "love of your life" (or so you think) while her true love is currently in a coma and you sure as Hell haven't been raped like Mellie was, so the way I see it, while Mellie may have her faults, she has made way more sacrifices for you than you've ever done for her, so as far as I'm concerned, when it comes to who's really lost more, Mellie wins, by a landslide.

Even better was Jake's hanging up on Liv when she started telling him about her latest drama du jour regarding Fitz. News flash, Liv: not only is it not Jake's job to save your sorry ass anymore, you lost the right to ask Jake for anything the moment you not only chose Fitz over him, you did it in public, which is not Jake's fault. You & Fitz brought all of your drama on yourselves, so Jake's shutting you down showed that he's got more sense,  more brains and way more balls than you gave him credit for.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

I have a hard time calling anything on Scandal a 'hell yeah' moment because for all the OMG promos there are no real consequences for any of the characters.  Even former VP can have a commentary show on TV and attack the people who have evidence she killed her husband and not worry about any retribution.  I literally sit there during every confrontation scene and wonder why they aren't in some kind of tense terror over the mutually assured destruction that is about to happen.  Like Fitz caving to Mellie for the divorce without playing the dead jury card.  It kills any tension or catharsis on the show.

Until Mellie just randomly shoots Papa Pope in the head to avenge her son... heck until any of them exacts a real and lasting revenge on another character (and that's via murder just because they don't care about anyone else, not really), I'll just keep shrugging at the redundancy of it all.

• Love 1

I realize what this probably says about me but:  I will give a resounding "HELL YEAH" to the moment on Oz when Beecher finally clocks Schillinger and takes a dump on his face.  Yes it's disgusting, and yes, it has some serious repercussions down the line, but it was nice that for at least one moment, Beecher got the best of his white supremacist overlord.

• Love 6

I realize what this probably says about me but: I will give a resounding "HELL YEAH" to the moment on Oz when Beecher finally clocks Schillinger and takes a dump on his face. Yes it's disgusting, and yes, it has some serious repercussions down the line, but it was nice that for at least one moment, Beecher got the best of his white supremacist overlord.

Greatest moment in the series! One of my favorite TV moments period! Loved me some Crazy!Beecher

• Love 1

Just became reacquainted with one on Bluebloods:

In, "Bad Company", one of the subplots involves a woman whose family was slaughtered when she was 6.  Frank investigated the case, and the murderer subsequently arrested, tried and jailed for life.  Frank and the woman keep in touch and he becomes a surrogate father of sorts to her.  Fast forward to her getting married and asking Frank to be the man to walk her down the aisle.  Shortly before, she receives a letter from the killer asking to meet with her.

They meet and he tells the woman how sorry he was about everything - as he had been hearing voices and got treatment while in prison and also found God.  However he did attempt suicide before he found spiritual comfort.  The woman gave a great retort which was something rarely seen in media in such cases (in fiction or real life)... she not only doesn't forgive him, she gave him a richly deserved rant on the lives he ruined and how her family couldn't be there for her wedding or that her 5 year old brother never even had a life.  Her final words were that he go back to his cell, slit his wrists again and get it right this time!

I was so "Hell Yeah" during that scene!

• Love 3

Bumping it up with two more "Hell, Yeah!" scenes from Game Of Thrones: the first is when when Khaleesi is held captive and her captors taunt with with vile threats including rape and she responds by burning them to death-which she herself can't do because she, unlike them, is fireproof. Then, moments later, Khalessi slowly walked out of the burning building butt naked like the Queen she is, earning the loyalty of the survivors in the process. Beyonce' couldn't have done better. 

The next is from the episode when Samwell, his wife Gilly and their baby little Sam visited Samwell's family, who, as it turns out, are rich.  At dinner, while the rest of the family was very nice to Samwell and his family, his father was not only rude to Samwell, he was rude to Gilly and about the baby. Dad also told the story about the family sword and that he kept it so that the firstborn son, aka Samwell, could have it, but Dad decided that not only was Samwell unworthy, he was a disgrace to the family because he was with Gilly.  Samwell only held his tongue to protect Gilly and the baby. Dad offered to let Gilly and the baby stay, but only if Gilly agreed to work in the kitchen, otherwise they were out. However, while Samwell initially agreed to let Gilly and the baby stay, seconds later, he not only changed his mind and got them both out of there, he took the sword, which was rightfully his. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DollEyes said:

Bumping it up with two more "Hell, Yeah!" scenes from Game Of Thrones: the first is when when Khaleesi is held captive and her captors taunt with with vile threats including rape and she responds by burning them to death-which she herself can't do because she, unlike them, is fireproof. Then, moments later, Khalessi slowly walked out of the burning building butt naked like the Queen she is, earning the loyalty of the survivors in the process. Beyonce' couldn't have done better. 

The next is from the episode when Samwell, his wife Gilly and their baby little Sam visited Samwell's family, who, as it turns out, are rich.  At dinner, while the rest of the family was very nice to Samwell and his family, his father was not only rude to Samwell, he was rude to Gilly and about the baby. Dad also told the story about the family sword and that he kept it so that the firstborn son, aka Samwell, could have it, but Dad decided that not only was Samwell unworthy, he was a disgrace to the family because he was with Gilly.  Samwell only held his tongue to protect Gilly and the baby. Dad offered to let Gilly and the baby stay, but only if Gilly agreed to work in the kitchen, otherwise they were out. However, while Samwell initially agreed to let Gilly and the baby stay, seconds later, he not only changed his mind and got them both out of there, he took the sword, which was rightfully his. 

Not that I don't agree about the Sam moment, but Heartsbane, the Valeryian steel sword Sam took from his father's house still belongs to his father.  It would only be rightfully Sam's, as eldest son, after Lord Tarly's death.  By sending Sam to the Wall and making the second son his heir, he was cutting Sam off from inheriting the lordship and the sword which goes with it, after his death.

(edited)

Bumping it up to show love to Hamilton creator/star Lin-Manuel Miranda for his magnificent acceptance speech/sonnet for Best Score at this year's Tony Awards, which happened the same day as the Orlando massacre. Lin-Manuel's speech was a beautiful tribute to the show, the cast, the crew, his wife/family and the city of Orlando.  Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FnAvhvZXdo

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 6

Another one for Roseanne - Dan gives Becky and Darlene a dressing down after they hurt their mom's feelings on Mother's Day.

"Shut up.  And just so I don't have to say it again in a minute, you shut up, too."

Top 5 HELL YEAH! moment for me: Roseanne - Dan grabbing his jacket after learning Jackie had been abused. It was a  perfect moment of non-verbal acting, and John Goodman sold the hell out of it

They all get some "hell, yeah!" moments in that one - Roseanne's great line about being a good judge of people ("that's why I don't like none of 'em"), but Fisher slipped under her radar, and threatening him if he ever touches Jackie again ("I've got a loose-meat restaurant, I know what to do with the body"), and Jackie insisting on talking to Fisher alone so neither he nor Roseanne think Roseanne is the reason Jackie is leaving - but Dan grabbing his jacket and heading out the door is The Best.

• Love 7

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Cordelia dumping Xander when she finds out he cheated on her with Willow (not to mention gets impaled and almost dies). No yelling, no tears, just a cold, quiet, " Stay. Away. From. Me."

It was awesome. He totally had it coming, not just for the actual cheating, but also for how quickly he adapted the "screw her if she won't take me back" attitude.

• Love 6
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2015 at 1:11 PM, Princess Sparkle said:

I realize what this probably says about me but:  I will give a resounding "HELL YEAH" to the moment on Oz when Beecher finally clocks Schillinger and takes a dump on his face.  Yes it's disgusting, and yes, it has some serious repercussions down the line, but it was nice that for at least one moment, Beecher got the best of his white supremacist overlord.

This is not the thread topic, but I saw Lee Tergesen last night in the latest episode of Outcast and, as always, my first thought was "such a shame he has to live with that swastika on his ass."

Tergesen made Beecher a character that sticks with you.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Last night's Game of Thrones: Ramsay getting the shit beat out of him by Jon Snow, then Sansa feeding him to his dogs.  Bra-freaking-vo.

I think that has been my favorite Hell Yeah Moment on GoT if not on TV ever!   

• Love 4
(edited)

Last night's Game Of Thrones: Ramsay getting the shit beat out of him by Jon Snow, then Sansa feeding him to his dogs. Bra-freaking-vo.

Other great moments from that episode was Daenarys unleashing not one, not two, but three of her dragons on her enemies,  Tormund giving Umber one of the worst facials ever, Daario, the Dothraki & the Unsullied attacking the Golden Face Warriors (as I call them) and Grey Worm killing two of the so-called "Masters" at once. 

Edited by DollEyes
To add stuff.
  • Love 7
(edited)

My favorite episode of Married With Children was "T-R-A-Something-Something Spells Tramp" which has Kelly stuck walking home after she, displaying some self-respect for once in her life, refuses to put out for her jerk date (Corey Feldman).  She meets up with two other girls that are basically in the same situation.  The jerk date later returns, thinking that Kelly (and maybe the other girls) will put out in order to get a ride home.  Instead, Kelly and her friends leave him in the field with his pants down and steal his car.

He later comes across Bud, who is on his way home from a date with a girl who has the measles.  They strike up a conversation, and Corey lets it slip that he got dumped by "some tramp named Kelly Bundy." Bud pretends to sympathize, then says, "Well, I'd better be home.  I'm coming down with the measles."  He coughs in his face and adds, "Consider that a gift from Kelly Bundy."

Now, if that isn't a HY moment, I don't wanna know what is.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 9
On 9/21/2015 at 5:37 PM, Danny Franks said:

Chuck. "Guys... I know kung fu." And also when Chuck and Sarah finally got together, and were just more awesome than before.

"I know kung fu" was awesome, but for me it was before that, when Chuck realized he was that guy and was Charles Carmichael.

Also from Chuck, you had Chuck rebooting, Team Bartowski taking down Volkoff, Team Bartowski using "The Magnet" to get the drop on Decker, and of course "Kiss me."

• Love 2
(edited)

From this year's BET Awards,  the acceptance speech  by Humanitarian award winner Jesse Williams (from Grey's Anatomy) was powerful, passionate and perfect, showing that Williams is definitely not just another pretty face. 

From the Season Finale of Game Of Thrones, when Lady Mormont shamed the Kings who didn't support Jon Snow in the war into declaring him King Of the North, Melisandre's banishment, when Arya avenged her family at Walder Frey's expense and best of all, the end of the episode, when Dany, Tyrion, a fleet of ships and her dragons headed towards Westeros, to pay the newly-crowned Queen Cersei a visit. 

Edited by DollEyes
To add stuff.
  • Love 13