Type keyword(s) to search

"Hell Yeah!" TV Moments

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

From this year's BET Awards,  the acceptance speech  by Humanitarian award winner Jesse Williams (from Grey's Anatomy) was powerful, passionate and perfect, showing that Williams is definitely not just another pretty face. 

He literally made me stand up in my own living room, waving a paper fan (metaphorically) saying Amen.  That speech surprised the hell out of me seeming to come out of nowhere and spoken in such direct language. Hell yeah, indeed.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, DollEyes said:

From this year's BET Awards,  the acceptance speech  by Humanitarian award winner Jesse Williams (from Grey's Anatomy) was powerful, passionate and perfect, showing that Williams is definitely not just another pretty face. 

As someone who is white and non-American, I don't want to say too much about his speech because I know it's not for me but I do have to say that it was so honest and powerful and something that I think needs to be said over and over. I think it takes a great deal of courage to make that speech when he could have praised for far less and the respect I had for him (which was pretty serious) has only grown. (And I probably already said too much because this really isn't about me.)

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DollEyes said:

From the Season Finale of Game Of Thrones, when Lady Mormont shamed the Kings who didn't support Jon Snow in the war into declaring him King Of the North, Melisandre's banishment, when Arya avenged her family at Walder Frey's expense and best of all, the end of the episode, when Dany, Tyrion, a fleet of ships and her dragons headed towards Westeros, to pay the newly-crowned Queen Cersei a visit. 

Yes to all this, and if I may add one more: Cersei getting her revenge on the Septa. "Shame. Shame. Shame."

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes to all this, and if I may add one more: Cersei getting her revenge on the Septa: "Shame. Shame. Shame." 

I would've added that too, if I didn't hate Cersei as much as I did the Septa, if not more. Cersei not only imprisoned Unella, she sicced Ser Gregor on her to rape and possibly kill her. I wouldn't wish rape/murder on my worst enemy. Unella did many bad things to Cersei, but Cersei's revenge is worse, as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by DollEyes
To add stuff.
  • Love 9

During my most recent re-watch of Leverage, I always get a thrill out of the ending of 'The First David Job'.  The team has really taken a beating by Sterling and are all apparently captured but they each get out of it. At the end Sterling marches triumphantly into their headquarters only for Hardison to appear on the big bank of flat screen monitors with a timer ticking down and he says "Get. Out. Of. My. House."  and Boom!

• Love 7

When Tom and Edith finally let loose on Mary on Downton Abbey after years of her being awful to Edith (and others) while her parents and everyone else just shook their heads and sighed.

• Love 10
On 7/23/2016 at 1:59 PM, DollEyes said:

Jon Stewart's reunion with Stephen was epic, to say the least

That was wonderful, and you couldn't normally get me to watch Colbert.  I guess Lumpy responded, but I have no interest in hearing how he justifies himself.   My favorite of all the sometimes featured comedians on TDS was Lewis Black.  He's apparently too scary to get his own show, but he's going to have some kind of a one man show where he explains how we got to where we are politically this year.  I can't wait. 

• Love 3
(edited)

That was wonderful, and you couldn't normally get me to watch Colbert. I guess Lumpy responded, but AI have no interest in hearing how he justifies himself. 

Nor do I, as if he could after the way Jon Stewart read his hypocritical, dumb ass for filth. That clip proves once again that nobody can put Fox News on blast like Stewart. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 2

A moment that definitely belongs in the HY Hall of Fame is Natasha reading Carrie the riot act in Sex and the City.  Carrie had it coming for so long, not just for the actual affair with Big (along with doing it in their marital bed, which led to Natasha falling and breaking her tooth), but her attitude towards Natasha beforehand, namely the way she mocked her behind her back and acting like Natasha was the one that stole Big from her.  Even after all that, Carrie has the nerve to stalk Natasha and badger her into hearing her apology -- which was nothing more than a transparent attempt to make herself feel better.

And then Natasha finally has her say:

"Wait...I'm sorry too.  Yes, I'm sorry about it all. I'm sorry that he moved to Paris and fell in love with me. I'm sorry we ever got married. I'm sorry he cheated on me with you, and I'm sorry that I pretended to ignore it for as long as I did. I'm sorry I found you in my apartment, fell down the stairs, and broke my tooth. I'm very sorry that after much painful dental surgery, this tooth is still a different color than this tooth. Finally, I'm very sorry that you felt the need to come down here. Now not only have you ruined my marriage, you've ruined my lunch.  I guess that's just what had to say."

The best part was her restraint.  She doesn't yell, doesn't even crack a glare, because she knew -- as we all did -- that Carrie wasn't even worth the effort.

Pretty classy for the "idiot stick figure with no soul."    

• Love 16
(edited)

Bumping it up with Al Roker, of all people. Yes, the Al Roker of The Today Show, who gave his opinions about the biggest doping scandal in this year's Summer Olympics-Ryan Lochte & three of his teammates trashing a gas station bathroom and lying about it for as long as they could, which wasn't that long because upon further investigation, their story not only fell apart, it imploded. Lochte gave his first interview about the incident to Billy Bush-which as it turned out, was not only a bunch of bullshit, Lochte was still drunk at the time. Incredibly enough, Bush tried to defend Lochte, despite Lochte's lying to him, but Al Roker, as this clip proves, was having none of it:

Roker Destroys Bush 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 8/21/2016 at 3:48 PM, Bastet said:

I know Bush was only repeating someone else's bullshit, but I wish Roker had also reacted to the nonsense about "kids" doing a dumb thing -- Lochte is 32 years old.

Amen to that. Ryan Lochte isn't a kid anymore; he's a grown-ass man, but instead of acting like one when this happened, as in telling the truth, he lied time and time again, whether it was to the cops, the press or even his own mama. On top of that, Lochte abandoned his teammates and went on his merry way, leaving them high and dry (no pun intended).  In his now-infamous interview with Billy Bush, Lochte tried to make himself sound like Captain America, but Lochte's no Chris Evans. Hell, he's not even James Evans from Good Times-Sr. nor Jr. If Bush had tried to play the "kid" card with Roker, chances are Roker would have put him on blast even more. 

Edited by DollEyes
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 1:43 PM, DollEyes said:

Watched it.  I think Al had that moron in his teeth and then let him go with the ol' "agree to disagree."

Imagine a lightweight joke like Billy Bush telling Al Roker to calm down!

Lochte and Bush make a good team--they have about the same depth of integrity.

ETA:  Jon Stewart's bit on Colbert's show almost made me weep for what we're missing by not having Stewart around for this election.

Edited by candall
I really miss Jon Stewart, waaaah.
  • Love 5
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 2:48 PM, Bastet said:

I know Bush was only repeating someone else's bullshit, but I wish Roker had also reacted to the nonsense about "kids" doing a dumb thing -- Lochte is 32 years old.

As is his IQ score.

• Love 6
On 8/21/2016 at 3:48 PM, Bastet said:

As is his IQ score.

I wouldn't go that high. 

• Love 2

Glee: Carl (John Stamos) calling out Will in front of the whole glee club for using Rocky Horror Picture Show to sabatoge him and Emma. Will was never more repulsive to me in that episode and it was sooooo good to watch someone rip his smug, petulant ass a new one for it.

It was kind of ruined by the fact that the students forgave him way too easily, but I'll take it.

• Love 4

This is more of a Hell Yeah for a directors decision, rather than the actual moment.  I'm going to preface this with the fact that I do like kick-ass, unrealistic fight scenes however........:

In Luke Cage, two women--a cop who'd been shot in the arm and a nurse, were cornered in a small room with the bad guy (who had a gun).  Instead of some unrealistic scene where the cop summons amazing strength and is able to use her injured arm, instead of having the nurse be a black belt in karate, instead of both of them cowering and throwing up their hands in surrender, they took him on, but in a more realistic way.  The nurse started it and when she had the bad guy's back turned away from the cop, the cop used her feet and good arm to the best of her ability and together, they brought him down. 

I may like those ridiculous fight scenes, but even I can appreciate one that's a bit more realistic.

• Love 1

Bumping it up with a great "Hell, yeah!" moment from this year's 2017 SAG Awards when the cast of the Netflix show Stranger Things won for Best Dramatic Ensemble. The whole cast was so happy that the whole audience was happy for them, but the icing on the cake was co-star David K. Harbour's magnificent acceptance speech, which was so good that not even co-star Winona Ryder's mugfest could destroy it:

Stranger Things Acceptance Speech

• Love 2
(edited)

Game of Thrones season premiere:

Arya wiping out the remainder of House Frey: "Tell them the North remembers.  Tell them winter came for House Frey."

And after seven years of waiting and waiting, Dany and the dragons AT LONG FUCKING LAST landed in Westeros.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 10

From the "Spoils Of War" episode of Game Of Thrones, Dany & her dragon turning her enemies/almost turning Jaime & Bronn into Lannister McNuggets was "Hell, Yeah!" worthy, to say the least. 

• Love 10

I had not seen this episode, so when I finally got around to watch 5.10 of Hawaii Five O, the ass kicking that both McGarrett and WoFat give each other is just great hand-to-hand to-the-death combat.  

• Love 2

I am not sure if these are Hell Yeah moments but they are OMG moments from the last episode "Rise of the Primo" of Blooddrive one of the most underrated shows on SyFy 

The Old Man "reveals himself" 

Domi and Cliff dance scene during the battle dome  

Arthur loses his shit and just kills everyone.   

Crazy Ex Girlfriend had one great HY moment at the end of season 2 when Rebecca finally stands up to her deadbeat garbage father after getting left at the altar by Josh, calling him out for being a terrible father and only showing up to her wedding for money.  When he tries to pin it all on her for being crazy, Rebecca simply shrugs with a defiant "Little bit."  Now that was awesome.

• Love 2

From Good Morning, America, the moment when former White House employee Omarosa gave her first interview after she "resigned" from her job (whatever it was) & she tried to spin it the best she could. However, Robin Roberts not only wasn't having it, she put her on full blast & it was glorious. Roberts didn't just throw shade at Omarosa, it was a full-fledged eclipse. Here's the video:

Robin Roberts Disses Omarosa

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 8

Ricky Martin at the 1999 Grammy's.  TOO HOT! I literally got up out of my chair to get closer to the screen. lol   I recently saw a docu about how it was one of the top moments ever for the Grammy's.  He had not come out, at the time.  I still enjoy watching it. 

• Love 7

From this year's Golden Globes, Oprah Winfrey's speech accepting the Cecil B. DeMille Award was so relevant, so powerful & so perfect that it both moved me to tears & made me çheer at the same time.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Luckylyn said:

The Good Place -  Mindy from the Medium Place finally getting her cocaine.

Only The Good Place could make someone getting cocaine a source of joy.

And don't forget her sex slave. LOL

ADDED: This has been bothering me since I posted this comment. If the characters were reversed & it was Derek who lived there & got Mindy as a sex slave, I wouldn't think it was so funny. It bothers me that my first reaction to a man being a sex slave was laughter, instead of the outrage I would have felt if the roles had been reversed.

Edited by GaT
added more to my post.
  • Love 5
(edited)

Seeing Harvey Weinstein doing the perp walk after finally being charged with rape was everything I never knew I always wanted. The only thing that would have made it even better would have been if all his "alleged" victims were there yelling "Shame!" ala Game Of Thrones.  I haven't felt this good about a Hollywood bigshot getting busted since Bill Cosby was found guilty. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 15

If the rescue of the Thailand boys' soccer team & their coach from that cave just in time isn't "Hell, Yeah!" worthy, then I don't know what is.

To the diver who died trying to save them, RIP.

• Love 15

The second half of Hannah Gadsby's Nanette special (on Netflix). Holy crap, people.

I stumbled across it and decided to watch without knowing a single thing about the content or the hype that it's been getting. That made it all the more impactful (thinking I was getting a typical stand-up show only to find out it's much more than that). I'm not going to spoil a thing for anyone. Check it out if you can. 

• Love 7

Daredevil season 3 finale spoilers

Spoiler

Kingpin: "Come on, kill me!"

Daredevil: "No!  God knows I want to, but you don't get to destroy who I am.  You will go back to prison, and you will live the rest of your miserable life in a cage, knowing you'll never have Vanessa,  that this city rejected you.  It beat you.  I beat you!  You'll keep my secret, and you won't harm Karen Page or Foggy Nelson or anyone else.  Because if you do, I will go after your wife.  And I will prove Vanessa ordered the murder of Agent Ray Nadeem, and like her husband, she'll spend the rest of her life in a cell."

• Love 2

This one is really old school, but I was watching an episode of Hogan’s Heroes last week where Hogan has the Germans running in circles, building a boat of all things.  LeBeau turns to him and says “This is the master race that’s going to take over the world?  HA!!”  Given that LeBeau is played by Robert Clary who spent three years in a concentration camp as a teenager and lost most of his family there, that absolutely qualifies as a Hell Yeah moment.

• Love 12

it up with a scene from the "Silent All These Years" episode of Grey's Anatomy,  in which one of the storylines was about a patient/rape survivor who was so traumatized by her attack that  she didn't even  want to tell her husband that she was raped, let alone report it.Even the sight of any man's face was triggering for her.

Just before going to surgery, the hallway was suddenly filled with female staffers who stood against the wall in a silent show of moral support, letting her know that it wasn't her fault and she wasn't alone, which inspired her to tell her husband and to report the rape. Although GA isn't "perfect" by any means, this was one its best moments in years. I haven't cried this much over a  scene since Denny Duquette died.

• Love 7
On 12/9/2018 at 5:10 PM, Rose Quartz said:

This one is really old school, but I was watching an episode of Hogan’s Heroes last week where Hogan has the Germans running in circles, building a boat of all things.  LeBeau turns to him and says “This is the master race that’s going to take over the world?  HA!!”  Given that LeBeau is played by Robert Clary who spent three years in a concentration camp as a teenager and lost most of his family there, that absolutely qualifies as a Hell Yeah moment.

Many of the actors playing Nazis were German refugees - Werner Klemperer, for instance, was the son of a famed composer - so getting a chance to make them look like bumbling fools was a Hell Yeah for them too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11