Type keyword(s) to search

"Hell Yeah!" TV Moments

• Start Topic

Chucky: The return of Chucky’s nemesis Andy Barclay, where he and Kyle track one of Chucky’s copies down to some family. When Chucky tries to stab the daughter, Andy doesn’t hesitate to shoot him right in the head. He and Kyle effortlessly finish him off while all Chucky can do is helplessly scream “FUCK YOU, ANDY!” The way that went down was simultaneously hilarious and badass.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 3

From The Wheel of Time, first episode - Moiraine saving the day and the lives of most of the village, unleashing her magic against the trollocs as Lan dutifully kills any that get too close to her.

Despite the various pacing issues that the opening episode had (apparently due to some meddling from Amazon to get the episode down to under sixty minutes) that sequence was all I wanted it to be.

• Love 1

I know the title of this thread warns of spoilers, but just in case someone missed that comment, I'll put this in spoiler tags since the show is still so new.

From the Book of Bobba Fett:

Spoiler

The first several seconds of the premiere episode follows exactly the first several seconds of Patton Oswalt's improvised filibuster on Park's and Rec.  What makes it more fun is that Patton didn't know that they were going to do that and found out just like everyone else.

Edited because it would probably be nice to name the show that I'm commenting on.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 5

You know with all the news about banning books, I can’t help but remember how awesome Norma going off on the city council meeting in Bates Motel where the people were more preoccupied with talking about “appropriate” school reading material than to listen to her grievances about the shady dealings going on in town: “Maybe you should talk about the fact that your fancy town is run on drug money. Maybe that would be worth talking about as opposed to crazy house moms whining about whether or not their kids have read about ax murderers and whores. Welcome to the world, ladies! There are ax murderers and whores stuffed under every rug, so your kids better read up on it and get educated, because that's what life is! It's a cesspool you claw and scratch and fight to swim out of, but you never get to the top!”

• Love 9
(edited)

Episode 7 of The Dropout:

Elizabeth Holmes has run into her former professor, Dr. Phyllis Gardner, at a party. Elizabeth tries to make small talk (she sucks at it, big shocker), but Phyllis has no interest in playing nice, and instead tells her about the Wall Street Journal article that's going to collapse Theranos once and for all. Elizabeth, who years earlier disregarded Phyllis's flawless advice and has since framed her as a mean ol' naysayer, only to dig her own professional grave by her fraudulent practices, sheepishly tries to excuse herself by saying, "It was good to see you, Phyllis". 

That's when Phyllis drops this beautifully withering line:

"Don't call me Phyllis. I'm not Phyllis to you. I'm Dr. Gardner."

Correction, my dear.... you are QUEEN Gardner! If Amanda Seyfried doesn't get all the awards, can Laurie Metcalfe have them?

Edited by Wiendish Fitch
  • Love 7
(edited)

Just caught a rerun of Chicago Fire I always liked:  Purgatory (2017).

In one of the carry over plots, Chief Boden overrides another chief's decision at a scene (Chief Anderson).  Anderson takes offense and since he outranks Boden, decides to make things difficult for the men and women at 51.  He demands the group be broken up and reassigned to other houses (which have their own messes to deal with), and essentially acts like a hurt bitch.

Towards the end of the episode, several of the firefighters reunite at a fire at a hotel.  They manage to save a bunch of people from a ballroom which was burning.  Later, Boden gets a visit from one of the attendees he rescued, the Chicago Deputy Mayor.  Apparently, there was a conference at the hotel ballroom and the people rescued were a bunch of local political bigwigs.  When the Deputy Mayor stops by he offers a commendation, to Boden, who suggests something else he'd prefer much more.   

Cut to Chief Anderson fuming at how Bodin was able to have his orders overruled and have 51 back as it should be and swearing this wasn't over between them and he'd see him again.  Boden replied, "...and I'll be ready!" . 

Loved seeing that bitch Anderson get his comeuppance! 

Edited by magicdog
  • Love 2

Had a nice relief from the usual tropes in an episode of Emergency

In "Welcome to Santa Rosa County"(1977), Roy and Johnny are on a fishing trip in the aforementioned county which is rural and isolated.  While there, they notice a sheriff hurrying to a scene - two mountain climbers fell and are unable to get down.  Using what tools they have on hand they rescue the two and help transport them to a local medical clinic. It gets messy since the clinic is 30 odd miles away, there are  no paramedics or hospitals in the immediate vicinity (the nearest hospital is 60 miles away) and they have to meet up with a private ambulance service to get the injured to the doctor.  The sheriff is grateful for the assistance and takes them to lunch at a local cafe and picks Roy's and Johnny's brains about trying to implement a paramedic program in the area.  Later he takes them to a lake for some fishing (the boys not having any luck) when a boater's outboard motor suddenly explodes and they take off for another rescue.  Unfortunately, the doctor isn't in this time and the boys have to figure out a way to treat the victim (who has second and third degree burns) since they're not licensed in the county they're currently in.  Thanks to the sheriff, he calls his brother in law (the local health commissioner)  to make it legal on the fly.  He also uses the butt of his gun to open the locked clinic door and get to the drug cabinet.  The guys decide to make a long distance phone call to Rampart and they help them with the usual  medical advice to stabilize the victim and get another ambulance to drive him to the hospital over 60 miles out.  Eventually the guys are able to help the sheriff devise a plan to implement a volunteer EMT program to make it possible for residents to get help a bit faster.

Besides the awesomeness of the rescues, it was nice that the usual tropes I was expecting were neatly avoided here.  The town/sheriff were never once hostile towards Roy and Johnny as outsiders or "city slickers".  The sheriff is more than helpful to the guys and even defers to them in making certain decisions.  They were never put on the hook for the stuff that had to be broken (the glass door and the medicine cabinet according to the sheriff would be replaced by the county) nor given grief about the long distance phone call to Rampart.  There were moments when I was expecting the sheriff to give them an inflated bill for the repairs!  Plus getting them "approved" to practice paramedicine was a funny scene!  In the end, all's well that ends well.

The odd thing is there is no such place as Santa Rosa County!  There is a city called, Santa Rosa but that's located in Sonoma County.  Curious why they chose to do that.

• Love 2

Better Call Saul: Kim turning the tables on that insufferable bitch queen karen Betsy Kettleman and her pathetic husband by threatening to expose their latest tax fraud scam and extorting them into repaying all the people they’ve ripped off.

• Love 5

Another addition from Better Call Saul in the form of Nacho’s final words to Hector: “And you know what else, Hector? I put you in that chair. Oh yeah. Your heart meds? I switched them for sugar pills. You were dead and buried, and I had to watch this asshole... [gestures to Gus] ...bring you back. So when you are sitting in your shitty nursing home and you're sucking down on your Jell-O night after night for the rest of your life, you think of me, you twisted fuck.”

• Love 7

I know there are those who think criminal profiling isn't all it's cracked up to be, and, even though I count Criminal Minds as my all-time favourite show, I do believe there's a lot of merit in a lot of arguments made against the discipline of criminal profiling in the real world.

Having said that, I think there is no finer moment- from the Criminal Minds episode 3.19, "Tabula Rasa"- when Aaron "Hotch" Hotchner has the best comeback to someone who questions the practice of profiling in general:

• Love 8

Stranger Things: El hitting Angela in the face with a roller skate after she humiliated her at the rink.

Yeah yeah, it was assault and violence isn’t the answer but I don’t care. That bitch deserved it after torturing El at school and then having the nerve to blame El for “snitching” when in fact El actually tried to cover for her—the teacher was smart enough to see through that in a second. 

Spoiler

Hell, Angela was LUCKY El didn’t have her powers and didn’t go full-blown Carrie on her. Which I admit I still want to see happen.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 5/30/2022 at 6:42 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Stranger Things: El hitting Angela in the face with a roller skate after she humiliated her at the rink.

Yeah yeah, it was assault and violence isn’t the answer but I don’t care. That bitch deserved it after torturing El at school and then having the nerve to blame El for “snitching” when in fact El actually tried to cover for her—the teacher was smart enough to see through that in a second. 

Hide contents

Hell, Angela was LUCKY El didn’t have her powers and didn’t go full-blown Carrie on her. Which I admit I still want to see happen.

El didn't think to hit her until Angela mocked her about Hopper not being around, you know being "dead" and all. You could see her flip in that moment. One of the best things they did for Steve Harrington in season 1  was when he came to Jonathan's house to apologize for breaking his camera and mocking him about Will being "dead". I think he realized he took it too far with the Will crack. (Jonathan responded the same way when Steven made that crack)

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 3

Better Call Saul: After the way Jimmy screwed over Irene several seasons back, it feels like perfect poetic justice that another elderly woman, Marion/Carol Burnett, wound up being the one to blow his cover in Omaha!

• Love 5

Just caught an oldie but a goodie from Little House on the Prairie:

In, "The Bully Boys" (1976), the town receives three brothers who initially ingratiate themselves to the townspeople of Walnut Grove, but soon their bullying ways create havoc.  The youngest one, Bubba is in school with the other kids and generally, bullying all of them.  Nellie Oleson befriends him and uses him to her advantage.  Eventually, he strikes Mary Ingalls (leaving bruises) and makes school unpleasant.  Eventually, he takes Mary's notebook and says finders keepers and now it was his.  Mary, fed up, takes her metal lunch pail and hits him on the head!!  Then she and eventually the other kids all pile on Bubba and beat the snot out of him!!!  It was so refreshing to see the victims become the victors!!  

• Like 2
  • Love 3

The Simpsons episode “Lisa’s Belly”: Lisa and Bart gain weight as a result of being on steroids for an infection (don’t ask), and Marge calls her “chunky” in a teasing way. Lisa is understandably angry, but Marge, daft dimbo that she is, just thinks Lisa is being a brat for no reason. It isn’t until Homer, Patty and Selma find out and call her out on it that she realizes that her mistake—and you know you’ve really fucked up when those three agree on ANYTHING. 

But even when Marge apologizes sort of, she still doesn’t get it and makes everything worse by saying Lisa will be “back to normal” soon. So they wind up going to a counselor.

Now you think the shrink will just tell Lisa to suck it up because Marge is such a wonderful mother, because that’s how it works in almost every episode in the show these days, right?

For once, WRONG!

Not only does the shrink show how much Marge’s “chunky” crack affected Lisa’s subconscious, she forces Marge to remember how her own mother hurt her feelings by insensitively calling her “plain.” This hammers home to Marge how Lisa felt and thus the two are finally able to reconcile.

I can’t tell you how satisfying it was for Marge finally be held accountable for something she did without giving her a lameass excuse or just twist everything into being Homer’s fault. For once, the writers didn’t take the lazy way out.

• Love 7

Just rewatched the [original] Quantum Leap episode “Rape”.  Still one of the better episodes they did especially in the later seasons.  The ending in which the rapist (who was pronounced not guilty at trial) tried to rape Katie (the leapee) again and gets a massive beat down from Sam is so satisfying!  

• Love 6

Another TWD moment: Rick killing Pete. Even better was how Deanna gave the order after Pete killed her husband?

It was so awesome that it was almost worth enduring all the self-righteous whining Rick had to endure from the other Alexandrian idiots.

• Love 2

The early seasons of TWD just served up some great Hell Yeah! moments.  Carole blowing up Terminus is right up there. 

One of my favorites is the last ep of season 4.  Carl, Michonne and Rick are separated from the group and traveling along together and this group of biker-like dudes catch up to them.  They are gonna rape Michonne and Carl and have a gun steady on Rick.  There is a bit of a tussle with the guy holding Rick, but the one holding down Carl is laughing and he just unzips himself when, Carl is looking at Rick and Michonne desperately.  Rick stares helplessly but then a switch hits and Rick just goes feral.  He BITES the THROAT of the of the one holding him.  Just yanks a hank of carotid right out with his teeth.   And then, well, carnage ensues.   Rick was fed the fuck up.  And he let his rage just go!  They don't even show what he does to the guy who was about to rape Carl, you just hear the sounds of a man being killed to utter death off screen. It was such a brutal but necessary catharsis  at that point for Rick and for us.

• Love 3

I'm kind of chuckling at the description of those 3 TWD moments.  They were so over the top violent and gory, but yeah, totally hell, yeah! moments.  Ah, the good ol' days when TWD was awesome tv!  It went downhill quickly after that.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

I'm kind of chuckling at the description of those 3 TWD moments.  They were so over the top violent and gory, but yeah, totally hell, yeah! moments.  Ah, the good ol' days when TWD was awesome tv!  It went downhill quickly after that.

Could’ve been salvaged if they just let Negan die, but noooooooo…

• Applause 3
  • Love 3

Kevin Can F**k Himself: Allison finally telling Kevin that she wants a divorce, getting cheers and applause from the studio audience and breaking sitcomland for good. And even when we see the real Kevin try to gaslight and threaten her, she doesn’t back down. She just looks him in the eye and says “Do your worst” before walking out the door.

And it was very satisfying to watch that house burn to the ground. With Kevin in it. So he finally did fuck himself. 

• Love 5

I'm on a 90210 nostalgia bit thanks to this site.  I'm trying to remember better times in my life 😢

David became a totally different character over time but this was a hell yeah moment for him.  When he vented about the death of his friend.  I cant recall Scott ever being brought up again

• Useful 3

The next season, they had a storyline with Scott's troubled sister Sue (played by Nicholle Tom, who was later on The Nanny) attending West Beverly.  It ended up with the revelation that she had been sexually abused by her uncle.  Before the truth came out, David was asked about the uncle and said that Scott had once been very close to him but then suddenly said he was a jerk and wouldn't have anything to do with him (presumably because he knew what happened to his sister).  I don't know that they ever mentioned Scott again after the storyline ended.

• Useful 5
On 9/26/2022 at 9:06 PM, DearEvette said:

The early seasons of TWD just served up some great Hell Yeah! moments.  Carole blowing up Terminus is right up there. 

I can say the same for Breaking Bad. There are so many, but the cherry has to be the call from Lydia on Todd's cell in the series finale where Walt answers and asks "How are you feeling?  A little under the weather?  Like you've got the flu?  That would be the ricin I put into that stevia crap you always put in your tea"  Apropo sendoff for Lydia Rodarte-Quayle

• Love 3
5 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That was a great scene. I didn't expect the ending with him had been beaten by his own father. 

Yeah it’s true.  My dad was never abuse with me but forget him ever showing me verbal affection/feely huggy/ telling me he was proud of me

But that’s how his dad raised him as well.  Can be a cycle.

Thats what was great about that scene…. The Hulk made the father remember what that felt like 

• Sad 2
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, BlueSkies said:

Yeah it’s true.  My dad was never abuse with me but forget him ever showing me verbal affection/feely huggy/ telling me he was proud of me

But that’s how his dad raised him as well.  Can be a cycle.

Thats what was great about that scene…. The Hulk made the father remember what that felt like 

Yeah, it can be a vicious cycle. I like that he made him remember what it felt like and realize he did that to his own child. Very good job Hulk.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

Yeah, it can be a vicious cycle. I like that he made him remember what it felt like and realize he did that to his own child. Very good job Hulk.

Overall, I agree and it WAS cathartic (and a good comeuppance)!

I hate to be a wet firecracker but. ..I just wish that the Hulk had done it without the victimized kid witnessing any of it even though the Hulk WAS doing it to protect and show the abuser what he'd become, the kid still had to witness someone he cared about (in spite of ALL the abuser had done to him) being physically abused- which likely would have added to his already traumatized state!

And, I hope that when all the dust was settled even if the abuser's contrition  and remorse proved permanently sincere, that  if the paternal grand- abuser was still breathing, that BOTH parents never EVER let the kid have unsupervised visits with him!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Blergh said:

Overall, I agree and it WAS cathartic (and a good comeuppance)!

I hate to be a wet firecracker but. ..I just wish that the Hulk had done it without the victimized kid witnessing any of it even though the Hulk WAS doing it to protect and show the abuser what he'd become, the kid still had to witness someone he cared about (in spite of ALL the abuser had done to him) being physically abused- which likely would have added to his already traumatized state!

And, I hope that when all the dust was settled even if the abuser's contrition  and remorse proved permanently sincere, that  if the paternal grand- abuser was still breathing, that BOTH parents never EVER let the kid have unsupervised visits with him!

Well, yeah, he shouldn't have done it in front of the kid. 

The Bunny episode of Little House On The Prairie when, after discovering Nellie was faking paralysis and guilting Laura into doing her homework, Laura takes Nellie out in her wheelchair and pushes her down a steep passage where she tumbled head first into a stream. 

Granted, that was a frighteningly dangerous move on Laura's part as the way Nellie was catapulted out of the chair and into the water could've paralyzed her for good.  But we knew that wouldn't happen and was a fist pumping moment for Laura

The Full Measure episode of Breaking Bad.  The scene where Walt makes a call to Jesse to "do it now!" (kill Gayle) causing Mike to hold off killing Walt who tells him, "you might want to hold off on that.  Your boss is gonna need me"  

Gus's revenge at Don Eliadio's in Salud.  Everything was perfectly planned and played out.

• Love 4
On 10/28/2021 at 5:05 PM, Mabinogia said:

The Hell-Yeahiest show for me is Leverage. I mean, just about every end of episode take down is a total Hell Yeah moment for me. Sophie's entire speech in The Harry Wilson Job was one long Hell Yeah moment. 

I am doing a rewatch to get ready for the new episodes and I just came here to add this one.

The entire stand-off between Sophie and Bligh was perfect.  How they set up the scene, Bligh so smug and so sure and then it was Sophie's turn.  The way her cool narrative was intercut with the actual scenes of the team doing their thing.  My favorite line was 'You were so concerned about the lion at your door that you missed the mouse in your walls.'  Such a key moment all the while Sophie was cooly drinking a scotch.  And finally cue Elliot, the lion at the door, coming in to finish it all off.  Sigh.  Such a good finish to a really good season.

• Love 4

Doogie Howser- I forgot the exact situation but I think Vinny bet Doggie he couldn’t last doing his job at a fast food joint.

From what I recall Doogie came away feeling humbled and stressed by Vinny’s job.

It’s one of the few TV shows I recall that showed respect to workers with near minimum wage jobs that are very hard.  All other shows seem to make fun of or look down on them 

Edited by BlueSkies
  • Like 2
  • Love 6

Chucky: After everything she’s been through, watching Lexy go Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Chucky’s ass was AWESOME.

Also Nica finally freeing herself of Chucky’s soul fragment and vowing revenge on Tiffany for amputating her limbs and holding her hostage. About time she caught a break.

• Love 1