Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E26: Finale Results

Drogo
  • Start Topic

POLL OPEN

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Exciting surprises and highlights of the final performances; the Season 10 winner is revealed; performances by special guests include Rachel Platten, Penn & Teller, Yolanda Adams & the Harlem Gospel Choir, Terry Fator, Freelusion, and Mat Franco.

• Love 1

Scary moment for a bit at the end, but America came through.

The writing for this final was terrible.

I could tell that The Regurgitator was holding things in his mouth by the way he was speaking - poorly.  I thought it was funny the way Penn was watching him so closely. 

Edited by Commando Cody
  • Love 6

I'm pleased with this win. I enjoyed every performance of his. But wow, Terry Fator, forgot how good he is.

I'm glad it didn't take me the entire rest of the show to recover from Bentons duet with that girl. Ears were bleeding. Total gusher.

Honestly at the end I realized how annoyed I'd have been with a Drew win. After his first few performances, it was just too damn painful to listen to, so I tuned him completely out. Sorry

Surprised Piff wasn't in top 5. Wonder which show the Professional reality show contestant... I mean professional regurgitation will try next.

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 3

Well guys, the nightma...I mean AGT finale is over and we have a winner. WOW I was certain once Drew was called up there that he would win and we would have an absolute SHITSTORM on our hands, but somehow, by some miracle, it didn't happen. It's official now, the only thing America loves more than Ventriloquists is voting comedians into the second place.

I don't know about you lot, but I was on the edge of my seat until the very end of the results, despite not really caring who would win (anyone but Benton would have been fine with me). Sad that PIff didn't make it to the top 5, but based on last night it's kind of understandable and he has so many fans already that out of everyone here, he kind of needed the victory the least. SUPER happy the regurgitator got 4th, he was never going to do better because it's a divisive act that turns a LOT of people off so the fact he could win so many of them over to even get 4th is really quite impressive.

It's been a very interesting year filled with interesting, humorous acts that have provided us with some REALLY memorable moments and with Paul being one of the main standouts and the eventual victor, I think it's safe to say this season has been a success. NOW WHERES MY GODDAMN CHAMPAGNE BOTTLE.

• Love 4

Disappointed that The CraigLewis Band came in 5th.  They were good all season and one of the few acts that didn't totally blow it last night.

Very happy Paul won.  I thought Paul, Oz and The CraigLewis Band would be the top 3.  I was way off LOL

ETA

happy Freelusion had chance to perform in the finale.

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 3

You know what I genuinely loved? The silly opening skit with the contestants trying to sabotage each other on the streets of New York. Everyone was funny and charming in that, and I rolled the DVR back to watch it a second time. I think my favorite was the Craig Lewis guys pulling out spare hot dogs after Piff stole theirs. Or maybe Oz revealing the number on the card swiped from him. Oh, and the regurgitator's shrug after his banana peel knocked over the ladder.

It's a cool thing about the show overall that they're so reverent about Radio City Music Hall in particular and New York in general.

This season had a better system for judges' cuts and only one solo singer in the top ten, so it had that going for it too.

And in the end, one of the best acts, perhaps the very best act, won. I do still think his semifinals performance with Howie as his dummy was the best performance of the entire year. I don't mind that he's not American. If he's in America and performing here, we've got him and his talent.

Thanks for the commentary all season, fellow posters!

• Love 5

Very happy with the way it turned out.  Would have been just as happy, maybe even a tinier bit happier, if Drew had won.  This household absolutely adores him.  He never fails to make us laugh, and we enjoyed his jokes last night as well.  The only sort of sour note for us was that the regurgitator knocked Piff out of the top 5.  Just goes to show . . .  different strokes.  In the end it didn't really matter.  Glad for Paul - he seems like a good guy, and he never failed to entertain us.  :)

• Love 1

I can live with this outcome, which is good because it happened either way.

I knew Rachel Platten would do Fight Song as a duet as soon as Benton Blunt sung it a few weeks ago.  (She sang it really well, and if she was trying to look great, she was successful.)

Nice to bring back Jerry Springer doing what he does well.

Have a great year, everyone!  Good luck, Howard Stern, though I think you'll be fine.

ETA:  if it matters, I've had friends who were on reality talent shows, didn't make it to the finals, and still got a career boost out of it.  That boost was from "unheard of" to "a reason to hire them", but it still helped.

Edited by marketdoctor
  • Love 2

After an awful finale I'm glad it's over, the best of the worst won.... IMO

I'm still trying to find out what Daniella Mass is going to do, can't forgive she wasn't a finalist yet.. mm

I would have kicked my TV if Drew had won..

I'm pleased with this win. I enjoyed every performance of his. But wow, Terry Fator, forgot how good he is.

I think Terry Fator was the number one competitor against Paul this year. Yes, I know he wasn't in the competition. But Terry is SO good that - while Paul is a great ventriloquist and has a fun act - anyone who does remember how great Terry is is thinking "well, he's good... but he's no Terry Fator".

And that's different than saying about, say, Piff "Well, he's good and he's funny... but he's no Penn & Teller". Penn & Teller were never on (as contestants) AGT. Terry Fator not only was, but is highly promoted by AGT (since he's their biggest success story, by far)

Still, "not as good as Terry Fator" leaves a lot of room to be very, very good. Congrats to Paul on the win.

• Love 3

I hope Oz and Derek and Piff are able to use their appearances on this show to make large moves in their careers. I like the three of them. Piff is coming to my city's comedy club in Feb and we are going to go see him - I think his stuff will work well in that type of environment.

Piff's coming to Boston in November, and I hope to convince Mr. Boston Gal to go with me. You're right; this should be more in Piff's wheelhouse.

Edited by A Boston Gal
  • Love 3
I think Terry Fator was the number one competitor against Paul this year. Yes, I know he wasn't in the competition. But Terry is SO good that - while Paul is a great ventriloquist and has a fun act - anyone who does remember how great Terry is is thinking "well, he's good... but he's no Terry Fator".

To a certain extent, I agree with you. However, here's my problem with Paul: when he performs, I'm usually thinking "well, he's good... but he's no Ronn Lucas". 'Cause if anybody here remembers Ronn Lucas, most of Paul's best bits - the off-synch mic test, the echo, even the 'Howie-as-dummy' bit - are all bits Ronn has done, only usually better (certainly Ronn's echo is far superior). Just do a search for 'Ronn Lucas' on Youtube if you want proof. And if anyone thinks it's a coincidence - well, Ronn Lucas had a TV show in the UK in the '90s, so there's no way Paul hasn't seen him.

I actually preferred his finale performance than a lot of posters here because I didn't pick up any bits that were obviously taken from Ronn.

• Love 4

Wow this episode did not need to be two hours long. It dragged on for soooo long. I am pretty happy with the results though. My random thoughts...

Very happy Paul won. I thought for sure Drew was going to win. When Paul and Terry had their puppets in Nick's face talking along with him, that was hilarious and a lot funnier than anything Drew has done. My biggest laugh from Drew came during the finale, when he was gushing over how handsome Paul is.

Why didn't Freelusion use this performance during the competition? I think it was a lot better than their weird robot stuff. I know this is not Uzeyer's thing but it was funny seeing how off he was from the projections.

The Lynch/Vider roast segment was painful. The only thing worse was having to hear Benton Blount again.

Penn & Teller were great. I like how they ribbed Piff about the stagehand being visible during his act, and how Piff said they will edit that out. I watched the replay before the finale and yes, they did edit that part out haha. I have seen them live in Vegas and the fish tank trick is part of their act. I think this shows that you don't need a giant huge spectacle to pull off an amazing trick. But you do need more than a rope...

• Love 4

That was really long and padded. I enjoy the bits where the contestants interact and riff on each other because it makes me think that most of them get along offstage. Were there any women in the top ten? Wow.

So happy Drew didn't win, although if he did, I would have forgiven it all if he had taken the mike and said - completely stutter-free - "Thanks so much everyone, this is wonderful!" and then leave it at that.

Having a Brit win is no big deal. The show is called America's Got Talent, not Americans Got Talent. The winning talent is in America, ergo, America has got it. (The grammatical grossness of the show's name is so much more obvious when the contraction is stretched out in full, ugh.)

• Love 3

I'm happy for Paul. We really like him. Haven't thought about Ronn Lucas in years but I WILL check that out on Youtube. The only thing Paul did that I didn't like was the face mask on Howie bit. But then, that may just be because I do not like Howie.

Here's hoping Piff and Oz get huge career boosts from the show. I love Piff so much that even his not so funny stuff is endearing to me. Oz just blows me away every time.

I didn't care for Drew at first and some of his affections (NOT the stutter; the nervous laughter at his own jokes) bug me a bit, but he really IS funny. I wouldn't have hated his win. I was just happy Benton Blount was out of the top five so had no chance to win. Also, I'm glad this whole thing is over so I don't have to uncomfortably watch the Regurgitator ever again, if there is a god.

I'll miss Howard. Sad that there will probably be NO American judges next season.

• Love 1

You know what I genuinely loved? The silly opening skit with the contestants trying to sabotage each other on the streets of New York.

YES to this. I was LOL-ing from my couch. Kudos to TPTB who wrote, directed and filmed that opener. Best.Thing.Ever.

I was sorry to see CraigLewis go out first. Of all the acts standing there, I would have sent Drew out first. Imagine my heart failure then he was still there as the last two. ACK!

Also sorry to see Oz out early. He was my choice to win. I guess I'm okay with Paul, I liked some of his routines, but he was pretty old and tired by the end of this season while Oz still kept me interested. But whatever. He's no Terry Fader, but who is.

I thought Penn and Teller with Piff was awkward. They totally outshone him. Although I did get a kick from Piff elevating and flapping his dragon wings.

The only saving grace from this season was that Drew did not win.

I'll miss Howard. He really is the only voice of reason in that judge panel.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 2

Can anyone post the order for me?

I saw it in bits an pieces.

I think I have the top 5 right:

1. Zerdin
  2. Lynch
  3. Oz
  4. Pro Regurg
  5. CLB 
  6. ?
  7. ?
  8. ?
  9. ?
  10. ?

I was really sad to see that CLB did not finish higher or get the whole thing.  They made our whole family cheer and tear after each of their performances.  I hope they go farther than AGT or Oprah could take them.  Cant wait to see Oz in Vegas soon.  It'll happen.

Edited by MagnanimousRex
  • Love 1

To a certain extent, I agree with you. However, here's my problem with Paul: when he performs, I'm usually thinking "well, he's good... but he's no Ronn Lucas". 'Cause if anybody here remembers Ronn Lucas, most of Paul's best bits - the off-synch mic test, the echo, even the 'Howie-as-dummy' bit - are all bits Ronn has done, only usually better (certainly Ronn's echo is far superior). Just do a search for 'Ronn Lucas' on Youtube if you want proof. And if anyone thinks it's a coincidence - well, Ronn Lucas had a TV show in the UK in the '90s, so there's no way Paul hasn't seen him.

He's definitely taken inspiration from him, but I think his comedic style and delivery is still very much his own. I understand you though, it's hard to sometimes not think "Well I like him, but he's kinda similar to X and X is better", but at the end of the day, Paul is Paul. He's not trying to be Terry nor Ronn, he has taken inspiration from plenty of places and put his own spin on them  None of the magicians came up with the tricks they did either, but they made it their own with clever presentation (let's just ignore the rope thing ever happened and we can all live a MUCH happier life).

That was really long and padded. I enjoy the bits where the contestants interact and riff on each other because it makes me think that most of them get along offstage. Were there any women in the top ten? Wow.

I have to say I enjoyed the interactions as well. The show is CONSTANTLY running out of time and rushing through segments, but if we could just remove a lot of the extra crud like dunkin lounge, overly long judges comments, etc then it would be interesting to see more backstage interactions between the contestants. Basically, less of the judges antics and more of the contestants. Reading their twitter feeds this year you really got the sense that they were all quite good friends who were rooting for eachother.

Edited by Frankenstein123
  • Love 2

I was so relieved that Drew didn't win that I almost don't care that my actual favorites (Oz and CraigLewis) didn't win either.  Paul is good, I'm okay with his win.

I thought Penn and Teller with Piff was awkward. They totally outshone him. Although I did get a kick from Piff elevating and flapping his dragon wings.

I thought this too.  Very odd to see Penn and Teller of all people half-assing like that on a trick they must have performed a thousand times.  Especially since Piff is a friend of theirs - it seemed rushed and under-rehearsed.

You know what I genuinely loved? The silly opening skit with the contestants trying to sabotage each other on the streets of New York.

I liked that a lot too.  The rest of the show seemed endless in comparison.

• Love 2

Can anyone post the order for me?

I saw it in bits an pieces.

The first 5 eliminations were in "no particular order" so we don't know. But as far as order of elimination on the show I think it was...

Derek Hughes first...

then Gary Vider...

then Uzeyer Novruzov...

then Benton Blount (thank goodness)

and finally Piff the Magic Dragon.

• Love 2

Delurking to say that, as much as I did not like the Regurgitator's act and as much as I did like Piff, the top 5 were the right 5 (out of these 10 finalists).  I do prefer seeing professional acts that just quite haven't had their really big break that catapults them mainstream. I feel like they have paid their dues, and as a result we viewers get better entertainment. (Usually; I agree that this year most of them did not bring their best to the finals.)

Piff - I hope that you'll be on an AGT Tour some year. Weirdly, I'd like to see a mash-up with you and the KriStef Brothers. PS - when does Mr. Piffles get to meet Scooby????

Gary Vider - I don't watch sitcoms, but I would totally watch a sitcom with Gary and his roommate. The Misadventures of Gary and His Plus One.

Edited by Shaja
  • Love 1

What a boring season, except for the ladder guy, With some of the acts they put through just because the had a sad back story, they should name the show America Feels Sorry for You.

I've feel like I've seen most of this stuff before. The 'magicians' were especially. A Kid with a kit could have done as well. Mr regurgitator; you are not the only one who can do what you do, I've already seen Mourgue and other on A&E's Freakshow do much of what you do.in fact, that might be where I've seen  you before, cant recall.

Drew was cute, but I don't know how long I could stand to sit and listen to him, honestly

Edited by xls
  • Love 4

Piff should have had Drew's spot. It's completely ridiculous he came in second.

The BBC interviewed Paul about his win. He's shocked and surprised.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-34275938

And, not a stranger to tv, or competitions:

Zerdin is already a successful, established performer in the UK, having appeared at the Royal Variety Performance three times since 1997.

He is also no stranger to talent shows, having won ITV's The Big, Big, Talent Show - hosted by Jonathan Ross - in 1996.

He appeared on a number of BBC children's programmes in the late '90s and taught Nigel Havers the art of ventriloquism on ITV's recent Get Your Act Together.

• Love 1

This season was so close to being written off as a complete farce and waste of time. It was saved by the skin of its teeth. To be exact, by however many votes Paul beat Drew Lynch by.

I thought that Drew getting to the second round would've been plenty enough recognition for his feel good story. It bugs me when people say they want to be treated like anyone else, but then build an entire act around their disability. It's trying to have it both ways. If Drew wanted to be taken seriously as a comedian, as not just someone with a disability, than he needed to do some material that was not about his stuttering. If all he can do is tell stuttering jokes, he's going to jhave a very brief post-AGT career. I think that in the "real world" his act is going to have a very limited shelf life.

In other news, glad that the Craiglewis Band got more votes than Benton Blount, and happy that the Regurgitator came in fourth. I think that's about right for him. He was obviously never going to win, but it was recognition that he brought something different to the show. Now presumably he's off to appear on Bolivia's Got Talent.

Howie thinks he's the big comedy expert, but saying that Gary Vider is the new Woody Allen destroyed what credibility with me he had left. It was an obvious comparison, but so far off base. If you've ever heard recordings of the stand-up routines of the young Woody Allen, they were absolutely brilliant. He didn't just stand there going "look at me, I'm such a nebbish."

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 7

I so wanted The Professional Regurgitator to win! Haha That would have been fabulously funny! I do think the man has quite the showmanship and obviously great talent! So glad Drew Lynch didn't win. He way overexaggerates his stutter during his act, which is wrong in my opinion....

Edited by Songbird
  • Love 2

I so wanted The Professional Regurgitator to win! Haha That would have been fabulously funny! I do think the man has quite the showmanship and obviously great talent! So glad Drew Lynch didn't win. He way overexaggerates his stutter during his act, which is wrong in my opinion....

I would've liked him or Piff to win. Zerdin is better than Drew winning, but I'll forget about him in a couple of months. Nothing really stuck out about him. Regurgitator getting a million after decades of entertaining people would sit well with me.

• Love 5

So glad Drew Lynch didn't win. He way overexaggerates his stutter during his act, which is wrong in my opinion....

While I agree with most people that he didn't deserve to win and I was rooting for others, Im going to give him the benefit of the doubt here and believe he never exaggerated his stutter. People like to point out that he stuttered less during the pre-recorded segments, but those could all be edited and filmed multiple times all the while he was in a much more relaxed atmosphere. In the semi-finals and forward he had to perform live in front of HUGE crowds, it's not that hard to imagine nerves, anxiety and adrenaline had their own say in his ability to speak. As someone who stutters himself, I can tell from experince that it gets MUCH worse when I'm nervous or anxious even just a LITTLE.

• Love 8

That was a lot of filler and fluff for the final results show.  The acts paired with professionals seemed awkward and uncomfortable to watch. 

Were Penn and Teller making fun of Phiff or were the working off Phiff's own shtick?  I couldn't tell.  And same with regurgitator the skit seemed off. And it seemed as though he had that canister in his mouth for that last trick because of the way he was talking. Whats up with that?  Just strange all the way around. 

Glad Drew did not win and agree with poster above that listening to him for 90 seconds is just about all I could take.  I cannot imagine listening to him for 30 minutes or a hour.  Way too painful.

Glad season is over sorry to lose Howard though.  I think he is the most honest judge they have had.

Edited by gaPeach
  • Love 1

I would've liked him or Piff to win. Zerdin is better than Drew winning, but I'll forget about him in a couple of months. Nothing really stuck out about him. Regurgitator getting a million after decades of entertaining people would sit well with me.

This sums up my feelings about the end to this entire season exactly. Thank you!

• Love 2

I watched Jeff Dunham's special last night, and seeing him made me realize how good but not great Paul is. Still, Paul had some good acts and deserved to be up there at the end. The winner? Well, debatable, which is what we are doing here. I would have put him second or maybe third. Yeah, third.

Seeing Mat Franco's special last night (which was great fun and kept me entertained the entire time) made me remember how the rope guy (Derek Hughes?) goofed the name of Mat's special that Mat was on AGT to promote. "Mat Franco's Got Talent." Ha ha! Funny, Derek, and even funnier if the gaff was intentional.

I went from not being able to look at Stevie to loving his last performance with the fireball, when he was all going whacky and having the most fun himself. Maybe I would have put him second to Oz, my winner, based on that last performance.

Because, according to the judges, we are suppose to be judging these people on their last performances, right?

Hey, AGT, I'm available to judge next season, now that Howard is gone.

• Love 1

I finally watched the whole episode. So much filler but I actually liked most of it. I laughed so hard when Piff descended from the ceiling. And then Penn's comment about the dog switch... ha! I rewatched the magic segment like 5 times.

The Drew/Gary thing was really lame.

Penn & Teller's fish trick was amazing! And so was the Regurgitator.

I loved the buzzer therapy segment. The prop comedian - oh my god I loved him when he auditioned. I cracked up at Triple Threat being there. Special Head! I died when Juan Carlos showed up. This was the best filler segment in a long time.

That was cool of Freelusion to do that performance for Uzeyer, especially since he pretty much stole their spot in the finals. lol

No comment on Benton's performance.

I feel like Piff probably got 6th place.

I laughed when Heidi told the Regurgitator she knows she'll see him somewhere else eventually. Yeah, probably another Got Talent show. :P

I'll miss Howard.

• Love 4

Howie thinks he's the big comedy expert, but saying that Gary Vider is the new Woody Allen destroyed what credibility with me he had left. It was an obvious comparison, but so far off base. If you've ever heard recordings of the stand-up routines of the young Woody Allen, they were absolutely brilliant. He didn't just stand there going "look at me, I'm such a nebbish."

Agree mostly - but Howie is just doing his best to sell the show he's on, as he's supposed to do.  Of course young Woody Allen blows Gary Vider out of the water, but sadly most people watching this show don't know any better.

Forgot to say that it was funny the The Regurgitator thanked Howie for having him on his radio and television shows back in the 80's.  Of course he meant Howard.

Now presumably he's off to appear on Bolivia's Got Talent.

Ha!  Can't wait.

I'm already less interested in watching next season since Howard isn't going to be there.  That combined with what seemed to be a weaker talent base this season doesn't bode well for the future.  We shall see.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 1

Forgot to say that it was funny the The Regurgitator thanked Howie for having him on his radio and television shows back in the 80's.  Of course he meant Howard.

Yes! Plus Stevie totally busted the show by revealing Howard has known him for a couple of decades. So much for the "I've never seen anything like this before!" schtick used by all the judges.

• Love 6

I loved the buzzer therapy segment. The prop comedian - oh my god I loved him when he auditioned. I cracked up at Triple Threat being there. Special Head! I died when Juan Carlos showed up. This was the best filler segment in a long time.

I'll miss Howard.

That was the best part of the show for me. That'said what should have been included in that 10th anniversary special because I was wondering what happened to Big Barry, the one person who annoyed Howard. It would have been extra fantastic if Prince Poppycock showed up because wasn't he buzzed by Pierce in the finale?

Definitely going to be hard to replace Howard.

• Love 2

I liked the tribute segment for Howard, showing him wandering the streets to New York State of Mind. I'm old enough to remember when he was brought on to WNBC, the feud with Imus, getting fired and then hired at 92.3 and having the show blow up and make him a star. In a very real way, Howard is New York. I think they will move back to LA, because they only filmed in New York for him. Which is a shame, as the Kodak Theater, or whatever it's being called now, doesn't hold a candle to Radio City. Doesn't have the history, the cache, or the Rockettes.

• Love 5

I am a huge Howard fan and have been for decades.  I started watching again when he was added as a judge.  This is not a great show; it runs too long and has too many recaps or duplicate episodes.  If Simon takes his place I will continue to watch with a lot of FFing. 

I am interested to see what Howard's new show will be.  I am there, no matter what! 

• Love 1

Does anyone remember where the finale used to be held, back when Piers, Sharon and The Hass were judges? They do say "Radio City Music Hall" a zillion times, so that promo must be part of the deal for it being filmed there.

Count me as one who will miss Howard. The other three could leave w/o me missing them. Howard? Please, don't go!