Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E26: Finale Results

Drogo
  • Start Topic

POLL OPEN

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For the finale, I don't mind the setup they did. On the one hand, you do sort've want them to get around to announcing it. But they need to get their money out of the hall somehow; by making an encore show with guests worked well. It was entertaining for the most part.

I love Penn and Teller, but I suspect they didn't have enough time to rehearse as someone mentioned upthread. P&T know Piff and his style, and I suspect Penn was trying to mimic it somewhat, but it came off rough. Their banter with Piff came off more mocking than companionable. Piff's trick itself was rough, probably because he was in less control than he's used to. 

Their part with the Regurgitator worked a lot better, mainly because it was just two acts back to back. (Once again their banter was a bit more forced than usual).

Terry with Paul was a contrast in skill and style. Still I would chalk that up as much to 10 extra years of big stage performing, and different performance styles. 

The rest of the combos I skipped I admit, or just watched elements of them. But I still didn't mind the format as much.

Oz was by far the top Magician. I love Piff and his character/styling, but his trick fell flat. And you don't bring a rope trick for the final finale; that was a lot of babbling for not much magic. Oz doing those mental tricks amazed me each time. I'm not sure how he did the last trick in the finale show (thoguh I suspect a lot of fast writing). Even the one tonight was wow. (But I noticed the 3Hearts was also the card in the Intro, some subtle priming perhaps?) 

Oh and Jerry's bit was a hoot. I was thinking there might have been some bad blood or soemthing since he was barely in the 10 season recap) but this was a great moment. :)

Their banter with Piff came off more mocking than companionable. 

Yes, I didn't mention it above but that was another part of what I found odd and uncomfortable about it aside from the rough performance - that they did not appear friendly with each other even though my impression is that they are friends.

I had forgotten that Howard was the reason they filmed in NYC.  Just another reason why I'm sad he's quitting the show.