Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

That was a rough interception at the end for Drew Brees. He threw the ball into triple coverage. I think they should have ran the ball some more to get closer to the endzone. They were already in field goal position. I am disappointed that the Saints lost. I wanted them to win this game and help out the Panthers/Cowboys playoff chances. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, morriss said:

Wow........ that Hue Jackson is doing one heck of a job with Cleveland.  His record is now an amazing  1-27......lol

I don't understand why he wasn't replaced too.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, rcc said:

I don't understand why he wasn't replaced too.

Me either.    It's not like his past record justifies giving him more time to right the ship.   This is his second HC job, and he is not doing that great.   

They are not only keeping, but the new GM MUST agree to keep him.   So he's got some mystical power over the ownership is all I got to say (or he has the smoking gun in the Flying J case and they want him under control).

It is absolutely not fair that Buffalo is getting that snow and it’s going to go north and south of Syracuse and we are going to get NOTHING.  I can’t wait for Lake Erie to freeze.

Edited by mojoween
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

If the Packers blow the Browns perfect 0-16 season what does that say about the Packers without Aaron?   Should McCarthy be fired?

The OT win by the Packers was like a dollop of whipped cream on a shit sandwich.  I'm torn between wanting that TD toss be the last play Hundley has this season and fearing that Rodgers will become the 2017 Romo by coming back too soon. 

The snow game in Buffalo looked like fun, at least to me sitting in the comfort of my living room.  

I was wondering why Vinateri missed that field goal while checking out the score online and then realized they were playing in a freaking blizzard. That is insane! Now watching the Rams game where it's 86 degrees outside. I hope the Rams pull it off but the Eagles must be pissed after losing last week.

On 12/9/2017 at 4:38 PM, morriss said:

Wow........ that Hue Jackson is doing one heck of a job with Cleveland.  His record is now an amazing  1-27......lol

Ugh....I told hubby that even being up by 14 they'd still find a way to lose.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 2

The Blizzard did make what would otherwise have been a very boring game pretty entertaining in Buffalo. 

Also a horrible call on the two point conversion for the Colts.  WR was barely off the LOS and they call a pass int, plus they threw the flag like a minute after the play was over. 

Whatever though.  Most colts fans prefer the loss to get a higher draft pick. 

• Love 1

That was an ugly end in the Seattle/Jags game. Some of the Seattle players acted very poorly. They really came undone by starting multiple fights when the Jags were trying to do the victory formation (twice) and Richardson even got into it with the fans (who were throwing stuff at him) after he was ejected. He tried to jump into the stands to get at the fans. I understand that Seattle was upset with losing, but that was definitely not the way they should have handled that loss. This game was a good win for the Jaguars.

Also, I am glad that the Panthers and Cowboys won again today. Cam made some nice plays and Jonathan Stewart played well. And the Cowboys kept their playoff hopes alives with good games from Dak and Rod Smith.

Jimmy Garappolo also continues to look good for the 49ers and helped them get their second win. I hope he continues to play well. I also hope that Carson Wentz ends up being okay and that he doesn't have a very serious injury. The Eagles/Rams game was a good game. It was very competitive and high energy. Eagles have now clinched the NFC East.

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1

I was almost expecting Wentz to be injured sometime this season; it's sort of like Derek Carr getting injured and Oakland doing a long slide downward.  I was so looking forward to new blood in the playoffs, like Eagles, Rams, Jags, Vikings, rather than the same old New England Smugs and Pittsburgh Thugs.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

I was almost expecting Wentz to be injured sometime this season; it's sort of like Derek Carr getting injured and Oakland doing a long slide downward.  I was so looking forward to new blood in the playoffs, like Eagles, Rams, Jags, Vikings, rather than the same old New England Smugs and Pittsburgh Thugs.

According to ESPN there are sources that believe that he tore his ACL. I am definitely sorry to hear that. I don't like to see anybody injured like that, let alone someone that talented. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21733078/philadelphia-eagles-qb-carson-wentz-exits-game-vs-los-angeles-rams-knee-injury

After today's win, the Eagles are now in the playoffs. Though I am not sure how far they will get in them without Carson. 

Edited by Jx223

I am a Cowboys fan ( for those of you just emerging from under a rock) and feel so bad for Carson Wentz.    The Eagles were having a magical season.   The playoffs are meaningless if they don't do much with the chance.   

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Jefferson was wrong to initially confront the fans, but a second beer comes at my head as I'm walking away and I'm in the stands as well.

No one should be treated like that.

I agree the fans were definitely wrong for throwing things at Quinton. They should have received/receive discipline (maybe some type of ban). At the very least they should have been removed from the stadium as well. That ending was ugly, but I am glad things didn't get even worse. I'm glad we didn't get some type of "Malice at the Palace" type of situation.

• Love 1

If Wentz does have a torn ACL, it's not just this season for the Eagles that is now in question, but next year too.  That's the worst thing about suffering this type of injury in December or January.  But I think in today's NFL, Nick Foles is certainly better than most backup QBs.  

So Tom Savage is cleared by the independent neurotrauma consultant following 3 whole minutes in the medical tent, after appearing to suffer what almost looked like a seizure on the field when he got hit, is allowed back in the game, then is pulled because oops!  Our bad - he does have a concussion after all.  Where do they get these neurotrauma consultants - Wal-Mart?  Whoever this person is, he/she should never be allowed to work an NFL game again, and their licensing board should investigate him/her.  

And I am SHOCKED that the Seahawks ended a game they lost with unsportsmanlike conduct.  Cheap shots against their opponent attempting to close out a game with a kneel -down certainly seems to be their pattern.  This is no excuse for Jacksonville fans being idiots however.  

Edited by Calvada
more to say!
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Calvada said:

If Wentz does have a torn ACL, it's not just this season for the Eagles that is now in question, but next year too.  That's the worst thing about suffering this type of injury in December or January.  But I think in today's NFL, Nick Foles is certainly better than most backup QBs.  

So Tom Savage is cleared by the independent neurotrauma consultant following 3 whole minutes in the medical tent, after appearing to suffer what almost looked like a seizure on the field when he got hit, is allowed back in the game, then is pulled because oops!  Our bad - he does have a concussion after all.  Where do they get these neurotrauma consultants - Wal-Mart?  Whoever this person is, he/she should never be allowed to work an NFL game again, and their licensing board should investigate him/her.  

And I am SHOCKED that the Seahawks ended a game they lost with unsportsmanlike conduct.  Cheap shots against their opponent attempting to close out a game with a kneel -down certainly seems to be their pattern.  This is no excuse for Jacksonville fans being idiots however.  

Teams need to start getting disciplined for game playing with the concussion protocol.   It's the only way to get them to start taking it seriously.

As for the Seahawks, that is they way they play.   When they win, they get all macho about it.   When they lose, they get dirty.   Winning or losing with grace is not in the playbook.   It comes from the Coach.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

As for the Seahawks, that is they way they play.   When they win, they get all macho about it.   When they lose, they get dirty.   Winning or losing with grace is not in the playbook.   It comes from the Coach

Not a shock that it gets swept under the rug when there are more Ws than Ls. Still baffles me how Marvin Lewis has stayed on the sidelines in Cincy for so long with the same team mentality and so-so results at best (0-7 in playoff games).

As for the Seahawks, that is they way they play.   When they win, they get all macho about it.   When they lose, they get dirty.   Winning or losing with grace is not in the playbook.   It comes from the Coach

Not a shock that it gets swept under the rug when there are more Ws than Ls. Still baffles me how Marvin Lewis has stayed on the sidelines in Cincy for so long with the same team mentality and so-so results at best (0-7 in playoff games).

I've been wondering about that myself. Its like Marvin Lewis, the Bungals, & their stupid owner love to mired themselves in pure suckage. That franchise is an absolute waste.

I was more relieved than celebrating when the Browns lost on Overtime yesterday. I was really irritated that the Packers were sleepwalking for 3 quarters & losing to them 21-7. Thankfully, they woke up in the 4th Quarter & avoided falling flat on their faces. Thank god that the 0-16 season is still alive for the Browns.

Since Carson Wentz is out for the season with a torn ACL, I don't even know who now in the NFC could become the sacrificial lambs to the Patriots in February. 

I'm more curious how the Steelers are 11-2. They seem to be losing and always come back in the 4th. As someone who's not a fan of theirs, it drives me batty but good for their fans. The amount of Primetime games, though, are insane. It seems like we have to be subjected to them, Pats, Cowboys or Packers every week in the evening. Yep, Pats tonight and Cowboys next Sunday night. 

1 hour ago, twoods said:

It seems like we have to be subjected to them, Pats, Cowboys or Packers every week in the evening.

Ratings.

Ratings are down -- except when one of these teams are playing.   Love or hate 'em, they get the eyeballs on the tv, streaming device, etc.

• Love 4

I turned on the pregame just in time for Suzy Kolber to laud “Tom Terrific” and all his stats, said fuck that noise and now I'm watching The Goonies. 

I need like 65 points in fantasy from Cooks and Gostowski so there’s really no reason for me to watch anyways.

I still love the NFL but I have my limits.  Watching the Pats on purpose is where I draw the line.

• Love 4

That was a very good win for Miami. Jay Cutler, Kenyan Drake, and Xavien Howard played very well. Jay had some impressive throws and Xavien 2nd interception against Tom Brady tonight was very impressive. Miami defense did a great job against Tom Brady and the Patriots offense tonight. I thought that Tom looked tired in this game and that Jay looked fired up and showed personality.

The Steelers should take notes from this game on how to deal with the Patriots next week. They have the chance to secure the #1 overall seed in the AFC and get homefield advantage. Beating the Patriots next week will bring them closer to doing those things. 

Edited by Jx223
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, twoods said:

I'm more curious how the Steelers are 11-2. They seem to be losing and always come back in the 4th. As someone who's not a fan of theirs, it drives me batty but good for their fans. The amount of Primetime games, though, are insane. It seems like we have to be subjected to them, Pats, Cowboys or Packers every week in the evening. Yep, Pats tonight and Cowboys next Sunday night. 

At the end of the Steelers game I believe they said the kicker had hit last second FGs to win 4 of the past 5 games. 

There really are no great teams this year in the NFL.  Even the Patriots, we saw last night, and week one, manhandled by mediocre teams.  The Steelers, as mentioned, squeaking by, even against bad teams like the Colts. 

I think the playoffs are pretty wide open.  Really have no idea what to expect. Eagles were looking great but now with Nick Foles instead of Carson Wentz?  Aaron Rodgers looks like he will be back, which always keeps the Packers in the conversation. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I think the playoffs are pretty wide open.  Really have no idea what to expect. Eagles were looking great but now with Nick Foles instead of Carson Wentz?  Aaron Rodgers looks like he will be back, which always keeps the Packers in the conversation. 

The NFC has a lot of good teams and most of those playoff spots are just about locked up except for the last spot. I believe that Atlanta may get that last spot. Seattle, Dallas, Green Bay, and the Detroit could possibly steal that spot, but I'm not sure if Atlanta is going to lose 2 of their last three. Atlanta also has the advantage with a lot of tiebreakers. 

The AFC is definitely more wide open. I'm not sure what will happen there. But I think top three will be Steelers/Patriots/Jags. I think that the Jags might be a sleeper team. 4th-6th spot is a toss up. I could see the Chargers making it in.

NFC playoff teams (in no particular order yet)- Eagles, Rams, Saints, Vikings, Panthers, maybe Atlanta.

AFC playoff teams- Patriots, Steelers, Jaguars 4th-6th toss up.

Edited by Jx223
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Unless I missed it, ESPN reported on the guys who were suspended at the NFL Network, but I didn’t see anywhere that ESPN has suspended their employee, Donovan McNabb.

There's an 11:40 am (timezone not listed) update at the end of the article saying that ESPN has suspended McNabb and Davis.

• Love 1

Aaron Rodgers is a go.  

I'm surprised.  I thought it wouldn't be until playoff time before he came back.   Too bad GB didn't beat the Steelers when they had the chance.  This is nice but ultimately feels futile.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:01 PM, Silver Raven said:

A myriad of NFL Network and ESPN analysts and executives suspended after sexual harassment allegations lead to a lawsuit.

https://deadspin.com/nfl-network-suspends-marshall-faulk-ike-taylor-heath-1821206708

Surprised me the most about Marashll Faulk.  He never struck me as the type to do something like that

But then if the last year has taught us anything its that we don't really know any of these people and how they act in private. 

• Love 7

I guess you have to give him points for creativity...

NY Jet Jeremy Kerley blames 'ghosts' for positive drug test

Speaking to reporters for the first time since a four-game suspension for performance-enhancing drugs, New York Jets wide receiver Jeremy Kerley provided a rather unusual answer when asked how the drugs got into his system. Previously, he denied any wrongdoing.

"I don't know," Kerley told reporters on Wednesday, according to NorthJersey.com. "There's a lot of ghosts around here. Ghost put it in there. You know, the ghost of Christmas past? ... I don't know."

• Love 4
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

The Broncos Colorush are awesome solely for the fact that they are using the D helmets.  I love that logo.

I put it on in the middle of the pre-game, and I didn't hear who he was referring to, but the host said one of the Bronco players said "We look like human traffic cones in these..."

Edited by Moose135

I hate that "Madden view" for the whole game, almost, on TNF.  Can't see anything going on downfield, so stupid. 

The only good part about it is you get a better view of what the QB and the RB see. 

But you sacrifice the view of pretty much everything else that happens

• Love 4