Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, mojoween said:

The networks need to end this bullshit where any conference can be on any network because the goddamn Bills and Titans should not fucking be on FOX which means the Giants cannot be on any goddamn network in this area.  Yes the Giants are losers but they’re MY losers and I want to see them play, dammit.

Oh fuck never mind the Bills are playing the Panthers and that game would be on FOX in the old days.  But still.  Fuck Buffalo.  They’re only 70 miles closer to Syracuse than East Rutherford so why should they be the local damn team?

That seems weird because I was able to see the Giants game here in Minnesota. I was cheering for them to win.

The Lions' new theme song:

"We are Lions, here us roar

In numbers too big to ignore..."

1 minute ago, twoods said:

I wonder how many bullshit roughing the passer penalties Rodgers will get with all his flopping. So far there is one so I’m guessing another two?

I wonder if there will be a penalty of someone steps on Rodgers' foot. Would that be roughing the passer, too?

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

That seems weird because I was able to see the Giants game here in Minnesota.

Most people got Giants/Cowboys as the early Fox game. Here in Charlotte, and northwestern New York near @mojoween got the Bills/Panthers.

Edited by Moose135
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

Jake from state Fromm should have been in the game about an hour and a half sooner than he was.

So I was at this game today. I went to the restroom after a bad incompletion to end the drive for the Giants. In the restroom, they had the radio call. When it came back from commercial Giants announcer Bob Papa said “that was a horrible pass by Mike Glennon.” Carl Banks responded with, “you really can’t blame the wind for that one.“

And they were right. Sheppard had two steps on his defender and Glennon threw it three steps behind him. 

Poor Shep tore his Achilles at the end of this game. That’ll be his last game as a Giant. 

With 9:26 minutes left in the game, Packers have 6 penalties for 55 yards and Ravens have  6 penalties for 47 yards.  

Edited to add Packers just got called for DPI.  

Edited again to say Packers ended up with 8 penalties for 76 yards and Ravens with 8 penalties for 56 yards.  

Packers couldn't cover Andrews the entire game until the 2-pt attempt.  I can't believe Andrews had "only" 10 receptions in the game; it seemed like he had double that number.  I didn't think that was a great play call by the Ravens on the 2-point attempt - if the QB stays in the pocket he can survey the entire field.  

Edited by Calvada
updated

Right?  Your kicker is Justin Tucker.  Kick the dang PAT.

I really need to check the schedule during the day so I don’t sit down to enjoy SNF only to find out that not only is it the damn Bucs and Tom Fucking Brady, but they’re also at home so I’ll have to watch on mute.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I desperately need to get to bed but I cannnot tear my eyes away from this spectacle.

I can't either. Thankfully, the Saints defense got the job & beat up on Tom Brady & the Bucs tonight. Hopefully, we will see more of this in the next several weeks. Frankly, it was the only thing that put a smile on my face today in the NFL. The Giants was of no help today as usual. 

Next Sunday Night is going to be even more torture. The Cowboys are playing the WTF. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

• Love 1

How come Tom Brady wasn't flagged when he went to the Saints sidelines and cursed them out?   Other players have been flagged for merely pointing.

If anything the announcers are more insufferable about TB when he loses than when he wins.   All the excuses of WHY they lost.   Oh this player is out hurt, that player is out hurt.   So, Tom isn't so terrific without certain players?   He can't just turn anyone into an awesome player.   

Oh and BTW, the Saints were were without their head coach and are playing with a Jack of All Trades QB.   But you never hear that as an excuse, do you?

Still laughing over the pregame when they asked Snoop Dogg to stick around (and why is he suddenly so respectable, some of us remember where his money originally came from and it ain't music, or drugs).   They said they would have Tom Brady on set.   Like they just ASSUMED the Bucs would win.   HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, twoods said:

Isn’t this the second time Harbaugh has done this? I don’t understand why you don’t go to OT and go for two instead.

Yes. He did it last week too, I think.  I don't know what the analytics say.  But it's easier to go 2 yards to score the winning points than it is to go the length of the field to score those winning points even if going the length of the field offers more options (field goal or a TD.)

[Assuming Green Bay doesn't get a field goal or score in those last 41 seconds which is also not an impossibility.]

Add to the fact that he has a COVID-infected team and is playing with a backup QB (who did play very well) but I don't hate the call.

I might hate it if I were a Ravens fan but I have a hard time faulting the decision.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Yes. He did it last week too, I think. 

Add to the fact that he has a COVID-infected team and is playing with a backup QB (who did play very well), I don't hate the call.

I might hate it if I were a Ravens fan but I have a hard time faulting the decision.

No, last week the Cravens lost to the Browns.  It was two weeks ago v Pissburgh.

I don’t hate it either.  He’s always been a more aggressive coach.  And for some reason, I respect him more for it (while I despise his brother).

• Love 2
5 hours ago, merylinkid said:

All the excuses of WHY they lost.   Oh this player is out hurt, that player is out hurt. 

Tirico and Collinsworth were ridiculous.

Yes I get that the Bucs gameplanned with certain receivers who went out one two three, but you would expect someone who has been playing since the Clinton administration would be able to adjust on the fly.  The Ravens scored 30 - with injuries.  The Giants scored six with injuries AND a quarterback who can’t quarterback.

I hope the media didn’t wake up in pain after all the bending over backwards they did trying to absolve Brady of fault.

New Orleans has temporarily supplanted WTF for the last wildcard spot but I don’t see how.  The Saints offense is putrid.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 6

Whatever Brady threw, it was hilarious. He turns into a two year old throwing a tantrum whenever things don't go his way. And the media still salivate all over him.

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 6

Dan LeBatard started his show today by saying he would have been less surprised if an ostrich broke into his house and attacked his face rather than watching Tom Brady in the open field doing something dumb.  This is now my favorite analogy ever.

• LOL 8
6 hours ago, emma675 said:

Whatever Brady threw, it was hilarious. He turns into a two year old throwing a tantrum whenever things don't go his way. And the media still salivate all over him.

I wonder what kind of a defense Skip Bayless had for Tommy Boy today? 😂

• LOL 5
18 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Yes. He did it last week too, I think.  I don't know what the analytics say.  But it's easier to go 2 yards to score the winning points than it is to go the length of the field to score those winning points even if going the length of the field offers more options (field goal or a TD.)

[Assuming Green Bay doesn't get a field goal or score in those last 41 seconds which is also not an impossibility.]

Add to the fact that he has a COVID-infected team and is playing with a backup QB (who did play very well) but I don't hate the call.

This (the bolded) is what all the post-game commentators on Fox, SNF, etc. never mentioned.  Whether the Ravens went for the tie or were successful with the 2 point try, the game was not over.  There were 42 seconds left and it's not inconceivable that Rodgers and the Packers offense could score - either a TD or get enough yards for a FG try.  Rodgers has done this before, after all.  Of course, whether 2021 Mason Crosby would make the FG is up for debate!  

• Love 2

Also Harbaugh said he wasn’t confident of what could happen in OT and the Ravens had JUST carved up the Pack defense.  It could have happened again! (And I still hate the Ravens so that’s the last time I’ll ever defend them, as it may)

Two unrelated thoughts - a. why, when someone scores a touchdown, do the networks throw up those dumb cartoons of the players and b. does every game have someone taken away on a cart, or does it just seem that way?

• Love 3

Another thing, the Saints coach that took over as head coach for yesterday's game, he made an impressive audition for a head coach's position somewhere in the league. Maybe he'll end up at Jacksonville.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, emma675 said:

Whatever Brady threw, it was hilarious. He turns into a two year old throwing a tantrum whenever things don't go his way.

As a Buc's fan, Brady's tantrum embarrasses me.  I saw him act like a baby when he was with the Patriots.  I guess some things never change.   Sigh.

That game was a clusterfuck for the Bucs.  We seem to struggle with the Saints.  It's a huge rivalry.   It never helps to lose 3 key players like that, but you can't act like a child when the shit hits the fan.  They are not Super Bowl worthy/ready, and I'm sorry to say that.  :( 

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I believe it was a surface pro he threw, not an iPad.  Surface pros don't weigh as much. 

And probably his best throw all night. 

Thank you!!!!  I'll be here all week. 

So, you're saying a surface pro is a deflated ipad?

• LOL 12

Mike Florio - who had one of my favorite articles blasting Aaron Rodgers's lying, unvaccinated ass - has some great words about Urban Meyer's take on his failed NFL stint.  Excerpts:

In post-truth America, anything can be spun in any direction that the spinner wants it to go. Former Jaguars coach Urban Meyer has become the latest high-profile figure to craft a self-serving word salad in the aftermath of a bad outcome, placing the blame for failure not on his own behavior but on the reaction to it.

Putting it another way (a more accurate way), everyone else has changed, grown, and evolved while Meyer hasn’t. Dressing down players and assistants, arguing loudly with others, allegedly kicking kickers. Those things don’t work anymore, if they ever even did.

Apparently, they did. Not all that long ago. At Ohio State and at Florida before that, along with every other step on Meyer’s coaching ladder. That’s the most significant unwitting admission embedded in his comments. To the extent that being an over-the-top asshole brought him down, well, he’s always been one.

The difference is that, everywhere else, he won right away. Everywhere else, there was no way for those affected by his words and actions to push back, since Meyer was basically the emperor of whichever college town he occupied. When his hubris led him to the NFL, Meyer landed in a spot where: (1) he lost more games in 76.4 percent of one season than he did in his entire time at Ohio State; and (2) the players and assistant coaches weren’t going to take verbal or alleged physical abuse.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, xaxat said:

He is truly a guy who thinks his shit don't stink

Hey, it worked for Rodgers.  People were outraged about his "immunized" status for a few days, then were happy to ignore it and now he's the front runner for MVP along with Brady.  Same with Antonio Brown, whom Bruce Arians and Bucs fans everywhere are more than happy to welcome back since we saw what happens to Brady when he loses his good receivers.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I’m all in on WTF/Iggles tonight.  Which are you all watching?  They’re both interesting games, it was hard to pick.*

*I reserve the right to change my mind if this game sucks.

You can pick? We're stuck with Seahawks/Rams. I don't see the WTF game anywhere.

2 hours ago, Popples said:

pretends-to-be-shocked-surprised.gif

That looks like a clip from Big Brother.

Dilemma: watch football or the finale of The Bachelorette.

Question: whose win is more advantageous for Vikings as far as playoff spots go - Football Team or Eagles?

4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

You can pick? We're stuck with Seahawks/Rams. I don't see the WTF game anywhere.

You are so right.  I didn’t realize both games were on FOX.  Well now that I can’t choose, I want to watch the Seahawks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Do all ya'all realize that counting tonight until next Monday night we have only TWO days without football?

Tuesday:   WTF v. Eagles and Rams v. Seahawks

Wednesday:   No football

Thursday:   TNF

Friday:   No football

Saturday:   Christmas Night Double header

Sunday:   Regular Sunday football

Monday:   MNF

Aaahhh, now that's a nice holiday.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, cambridgeguy said:

Hey, it worked for Rodgers.  People were outraged about his "immunized" status for a few days, then were happy to ignore it and now he's the front runner for MVP along with Brady.  Same with Antonio Brown, whom Bruce Arians and Bucs fans everywhere are more than happy to welcome back since we saw what happens to Brady when he loses his good receivers.

Those guys are players. As long as they deliver on their personal performance, I agree, they get the breaks.

Head coach is a different deal, you're responsible for the performance of the team. The Jags sucked, and more importantly, the were seen as underachievers.  Yet Meyer thinks everybody else, the roster he helped assemble, the staff he hired, the beer man etc., is the problem.

shaggy-wasnt-me.gif

• Love 6
1 hour ago, cambridgeguy said:

Did Antonio Brown actually submit a fake vaccination card or did he just lie and say he was vaccinated?  If the former, he's committed a federal crime.  How will Arians/the Bucs/the NFL react when he's indicted?  

34 minutes ago, Calvada said:

Did Antonio Brown actually submit a fake vaccination card or did he just lie and say he was vaccinated?  If the former, he's committed a federal crime. 

It was a fake card.  And yes, he could go to prison if someone wants to indict him.

I'm flipping back and forth between the two games and neither one is holding my interest.  Maybe it's not being in a mindset for the NFL on a Tuesday, or that we have the absurdity of three of the four teams with a losing record yet are still shooting for playoff spots at this late point in the season.

Edited by meowmommy

I hate that Cole Beasley got covid since he’s blaming his vaccinated players for giving it to him, and now he has this narrative that because he’s unvaccinated he has to be out for 10 days despite vaccinated players playing with covid. Uh, they have to submit two negative tests to play fool and that’s why they are vaccinated and you’re not- it’s always been different rules from the start. Plus his fellow vaccinated Bills player is in the “hospital” (he went to the ER) while he has mild symptoms so he wins again! I hate his stupid ass.

• Love 10