Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

SUCK IT ROMO! 

Viva Las Vegas! 

I have to admit: I don't have a problem with Romo.  That being said, it's not Thanksgiving until the Cowboys get their hearts broken

TO be honest: Vegas' win was perfect, because it's the 28th anniversary of Leon Lett II.  Not sure it'll mean Dallas winning the superbowl (over Buffalo), but it's been that long, AND on 11/25/1993

• Love 2

I also don’t have a problem with Romo. He explains things very well and isn’t too biased towards the Cowboys- he called out the bullshit fall start penalty on the Raiders center and would commend Carr on some good throws.

• Love 2

At least one of the teams I wanted to win today did (Raiders). I wanted Lions to win so there would be.more room between Vikings and Bears in the division. Now for Bills to beat Saints. 

I like the commercial where the cat rounds up the little calf.

Drew Brees watching the Saints struggle mightily at home on Thanksgiving - aww I feel badly for him, it has to be tough to watch this knowing he was teammates with some of these guys 11 months ago.  And he was honored at halftime, which must have been especially awkward.

Tony Romo watching the Cowboys lose at home for the third Thanksgiving in a row - Bahhahahahahahahahaha

• Love 6

I'm hearing a lot of complaining (from the Cowboys) about all of the flags on the Cowboys. As one of the many people rooting for the Raiders, I thought there were a lot of really borderline flags on the Raiders. In other words, I don't think there was any bias from the crew, other than a bias to make sure they were on camera every other play.

It was a rough day to be invested in the first two games. First, I had to root for the Lions, which typically doesn't end well. And then I had to sit through a 16 hour game, but at least I was rewarded at the end of that one.

And I couldn't come up with one good reason to watch the late game. Even if the bad version of the Bills decided to show up, it seemed very unlikely that the backup Saints were going to make it a game. 

3 hours ago, mojoween said:

Drew Brees watching the Saints struggle mightily at home on Thanksgiving - aww I feel badly for him, it has to be tough to watch this knowing he was teammates with some of these guys 11 months ago.  

Drew Brees could have stayed on the field and taken over the offense in his current condition and the offense would have stunk far less than they did last night.  I rolled my eyes at the Saints defenders getting excited over interceptions because I knew the offense would do nothing with the turnovers.

So how is it that Al and Cris rated the holiday off but Michelle still had to work?  Why couldn't CBS have given ol' Tony the day off?

• Love 2
23 hours ago, twoods said:

I also don’t have a problem with Romo. He explains things very well and isn’t too biased towards the Cowboys- he called out the bullshit fall start penalty on the Raiders center and would commend Carr on some good throws.

Eh.  Because he sometimes deigns to not be a homer?  I don't mind him on non-Cowboy games, but he shouldn't be allowed to do their games unless it's only locally televised.

• Love 2

Philadelphia needs to string some wins together to catch the dastardly Cowboys…but not today, Satan!  Where was this defense on Monday?

Also WHAT was Indianapolis’s defense doing on that last drive by Tampa?  That was quite the disappointment and I don’t even like the Colts.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 3

The Rams look terrible in the cold weather. I’m going to need to take a long shower when I root for the Bucs to beat the Packers in what is likely to be the NFC championship game. So dirty. It’s going to be tough for anyone to beat them in the cold so someone has to beat them so they don’t get the number one seed.

Edited by twoods
6 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

AFC West is going to be a mess for second place if the Denver spanking holds up. All 6-5. Chargers beat the Raiders who beat Denver who beat the Chargers. I don't think anyone has played twice yet. 

Vikings. You had one job. 👎

Ha ha, I thought Vikings beat the Chargers. Or were we supposed to lose? I can't think of any other game we've played that would affect the AFC West.

Darvin Cook is hurt and out of the game. They had to take off the field in the cart. I couldn't - and neither could the announcers - tell what his injury is.

CJ Ham is kind of doing Dalvin's job now.

I hope the Packers post the halftime ceremony with Charles Woodson on their website.  He was such a great player for them.  Only 7 years in the Green & Gold, and he holds the franchise record for defensive touchdowns (9 by INT and 1 fumble recovery) and most interceptions returned for a TD - the aforementioned 9.  He was that guy you could always count on to come up with a big play in the 4th quarter to salt away a victory. 

I really hope Leroy Butler joins Woodson in the HOF in 2022.   John Lynch got in before Butler.  Leroy Butler has more career interceptions, more sacks, more defensive touchdowns, was All-Pro 4 times to Lynch's 2 times, and they each won 1 Super Bowl.  Plus Leroy invented the Lambeau Leap, a celebration adopted across the league!  

• Love 6

Can I get an "ouch" for Vita Vea losing a front tooth today?  If there's not much left of it, he's looking at an implant or a bridge.  If they go the implant route, they can make him a temporary appliance to fill in the gap.  I can't get a close enough view of it to see how much was broken.  

30 minutes ago, Calvada said:

I hope the Packers post the halftime ceremony with Charles Woodson on their website.

If Green Bay has an app like the Giants do, you should be able to see the ceremony on there on a replay.  I was able to see the Strahan ceremony live today during halftime and just looked, and they have the video still up too.

Ew just realized the night game is Cleveland at Baltimore which is not interesting to me in the slightest.  I mean, I’m going to watch obvs, but I’m not interested in watching broken Baker play the Ravens C squad.

23 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I’m not interested in watching broken Baker play the Ravens C squad.

There is a lot of this going on right now. The Saints are fielding a bunch of backups, making them a shadow of the team they could be. The team that ends up standing at the end of this season may be the one that has the least number of important players watching from the sideline. (That situation certainly played a factor into the 2020 championship run.)

The first half of browns Ravens was a comedy of errors and I find I want to have clips of the Manning bros talking trash about it all. So much so that I want their show to be on Tuesday night and for them to have to watch the most comically inept game of the week. A football MST3K.  

• LOL 5
16 hours ago, mojoween said:

Philadelphia needs to string some wins together to catch the dastardly Cowboys…but not today, Satan!  Where was this defense on Monday?

Also WHAT was Indianapolis’s defense doing on that last drive by Tampa?  That was quite the disappointment and I don’t even like the Colts.

I didn't see it but probably being their typical weak ass second half D that can't hold a lead.  Or tie.  No pass rush, lots of zone, let good QBs pick them apart.  And allow a long TD run. 

Most of the game they seemed to be keeping everyone back in pass D, no deep balls for Brady and he just picks you apart with the run game with everyone back in pass D and over the middle gronk was killing them. 

The five turnovers was the killer though. Uncharacteristic of this team was leading the league in turnover differential. 

Blew a winnable game.  

I really dont think there are any great teams in the AFC.  Tennessee is horribly Injured.  KC is back near the top but not the team from the last three years. NE as well is good but not the Superbowl ears unstoppable force.  Baltimore keeps scraping by.  

The separation from one to ten right now in the AFC is razor thin.  I know there is the any given week cliche in this league but truly any of those teams head to head, it's a toss up right now.  

3 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

OK, I'll be the one: So the Cowboys are definitely winning now, right?

At a minimum, timeouts and challenges probably will be managed more competently.  All those years watching him with the Packers, I always thought any random 12 year old pulled from the stands could do a better job than Mike on deciding when to call a timeout and when to throw the challenge flag.

Kirk Cousins lined up behind the right guard instead of the center on 4th and goal, forcing the VIkes to call a timeout.  Shouldn't the officials step in and send him to the sidelines after that for a concussion check?  

46 minutes ago, Calvada said:

At a minimum, timeouts and challenges probably will be managed more competently.  All those years watching him with the Packers, I always thought any random 12 year old pulled from the stands could do a better job than Mike on deciding when to call a timeout and when to throw the challenge flag.

Kirk Cousins lined up behind the right guard instead of the center on 4th and goal, forcing the VIkes to call a timeout.  Shouldn't the officials step in and send him to the sidelines after that for a concussion check?  

Here's a hypothesis about Cousins: #52 Cole was filling in as Center while #56 Bradbury was out with Covid. My guess is maybe Bradbury was at Center and Cole was on maybe so Cousins lined up behind the person he'd been standing behind for the last few weeks. I didn't keep track of who was at Center for each drive, but I know Cole was in there and that Bradbury was going to go in for a bit.

I'm watching Washington vs Seattle. It would be better for Vikings if Seattle won but I'm cheering for The Football Team. This game is going nuts. Russell Wilson looks like he has a lime in his mouth (his mouthguard).

Dalvin Cook has a dislocated shoulder and he'll be out for at least a couple of weeks.

11 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Didn’t the Bucs put out some corny statement like three weeks ago that said Antonio Brown was really vaccinated we pinky swear? 

In addition to that, Old Takes Exposed recently posted a post that pimped the Tampa Bay Bucs as being 100% vaccinated.  Coaches, Players, Staff.  Everybody

• Love 3

AB is something else.

I said at the time of the allegation (from the personal chef he didn't pay) that providing a fake vaccination card sounded like something he would do. But I wasn't automatically going to assume he did. 

And the reason for that was because I for sure believed he would stiff a personal chef out of $10K, and that a result of that would be that guy stating that Brown provided a fake card. Whether or not that guy had the right story, I had no idea. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Carey said:

In addition to that, Old Takes Exposed recently posted a post that pimped the Tampa Bay Bucs as being 100% vaccinated.  Coaches, Players, Staff.  Everybody

Are we sure they didn’t say “immunized”?

• LOL 13

It's actually multiple Bucs who have been suspended

And how selfless of AB to not appeal even though he (through his lawyer) swears that he's vaccinated.  I think he's smart enough to realize no one is going to give a damn in a couple of weeks, plus he wasn't going to be playing anyway.  Remember all that drama around Rodgers?  Everyone stopped caring after a few days and he might end up being the MVP anyway.

• Love 3

Pregame for Cowboys vs Saints. Too much tongue-bathing of the Cowboys. Too much "America's Team."

I'll be in New York this weekend and on Sunday I plan to watch the Vikings/Lions game at a bar that shows Vikings game. I forgot the name but it is on 35th Street, close to Penn Station. I wonder if some Bears and Packers fans will show up to cheer for Detroit. Guess it depends when Packers and Bears play.

Halftime and the great Dak Prescott has his weapons back.  Expected the Cowboys to have more points.

If the Saints pull out a win with players out...  I'll have to record Bayless tomorrow so I can laugh and laugh..

won't happen, but it's fun to think about.