Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, emma675 said:

I try not to wish all of Covid's terrible side effects on anyone, but Aaron Rodgers is making it very hard. 

While I don't want him to die or go to the hospital, I wouldn't mind this for him, speaking from experience: sore throat, then his nose running like a leaky faucet, coughing starts, temperature goes up and head and body aches all over and your face really hurts, too, wake up coughing, lose sense of smell and taste, keep on coughing. Just need to keep checking your oxygen levels because once they hit 92 you're in trouble. You are also extremely tired. Then you feel better, then you plateau and go downhill a little, then you feel more better, then you plateau and go downhill a little, repeat that a few times until you're well. Also don't mow your lawn too soon afterwards or you'll be totally beat. You also cough for weeks.afterwards and your throat gets scratchy and icky and makes you gag.

I suppose I'm mean in wishing that for him, but if he's no sicker than that, he'll have done well. (That's how I feel about my experience.)

• Love 13
9 hours ago, twoods said:

Now he’s blaming a vaccinated player for getting him sick?

That really irritated me. Earlier in the week (Monday or Tuesday I think) the practice squad QB, who is vaccinated, tested positive for COVID. When Aaron was announced as positive on Wednesday, I think the back up QB started getting some blow back from stupid fans who blamed him.

Yet, I don't think it's definitive that Aaron got it from him.  Does he legitimately forget he was at a Halloween party on Sunday night?  Which, by the way, is likely another violation of protocol.  He was photographed with at least two player but there were likely more there.

9 hours ago, Johann said:

Aaron Rodgers is furious that the truth got out.  Because apparently, when you believe in something (like not getting vaccinated), you don't want anybody to know - like how a true believer feels.

If he weren't the QB of my team, I'd be fascinated by him instead of horrified. He carefully crafted a persona that made him seem science-based while making decisions based on anything but. Instead of sharing his real beliefs about what he wants in his body (which he has never been shy about in the past), it's like he realized his real beliefs were too woo and really didn't want people to know.

8 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

Come  join Steeler nation. We also play outdoors and by rivers no less.

Ha.  Everyone is talking Denver but Aaron has openly courted Pittsburgh as a potential destination. 

5 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

It's because there are no real consequences.  His diva like behavior this off season?  Seems like most fans were on his side and are more than happy to cheer him on. 

I was okay with what he did this off season.  He was in a losing battle but I get why he didn't want to feel like a lame duck QB.  But he was also smarter in the off season.  He kept his mouth shut.

It was smart PR because it allowed some fans to redirect their angst towards the media reporting on his alleged demands.  Since it was all "sources say" based, and then he ended up showing up anyway, there were a lot of people who were all too happy to believe that the media made it up. His return press conference was much more polished as well, especially compared to today.

But in this case, it's Rodgers who got himself in trouble.  It was his choice to artfully deceive the public about his status.  It was his choice to go to a Halloween party a few days before he got COVID.  And it was his choice to give a 45 minute interview where he claimed he was a "critical thinker" and not "anti-vax" and then basically spout every bit of Facebook COVID vaccine misinformation talking points there are. 

There are definitely fans who are willing to blame the same people Rodgers blames, like the media, but I've definitely seen more blowback this time.  It's not about whether or not he's vaccinated but the fact that people are seeing the intentional deception regardless of what he says. 

• Love 9

The fact that he told the world that he's taking medical advice from *checks notes* Joe Rogan tells me all I really need to know about A-a-ron. Plus still blaming literally everyone else, which is great as well.

I don't think I've ever seen someone tank his career/reputation as fast as Rodgers did yesterday. That was a dumpster fire of an interview. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

I might have to switch to State Farm if it means I can get the A-a-ron rate by paying them in bleach and ivermectin.

It's probably going to cost you some hydroxychloroquine, too.

• LOL 16

The more he talks, the more I hate him. He's an entitled whiny douchebag. 

He lied. There's no other way around it. The NFL sucks too for placing the blame only on Green Bay. GB sucks too. I'll be shocked if they fine Rodgers. It sounds like they'll fine Green Bay. 

• Love 7

Only fines really pisses me off.   This put people's lives at risk.   This isn't allegedly underinflated balls that may have gained a competitive advantage in a GAME.   This is people's LIVES.   Even if no one dies, someone could get so sick they can't work.   i didn't believe the NFL when they said they put health and safety first to begin with, but now I will literally laugh out loud every time they say that if there are not serious consequences -- like suspensions and draft picks.

And yes, Kirk Cousins should be busted too.   they KNOW he is not vaxxed and have been letting him get away with not wearing a mask at press conferences all season.   Which is why they know they can't lower the boom on Rodgers.   So my solution -- bust them both.   

Edited by merylinkid
  • Love 16
59 minutes ago, PepSinger said:

Henry Ruggs III would like a word…

Only difference is so far as we know, Aaron Rodgers hasn't (yet) killed anyone. 

I saw a picture of the young lady who died, and her dog, and my heart just broke.  Damn entitled morons who think they're immortal and untouchable.  But if you recklessly infect someone with COVID, and that person becomes seriously ill or dies, you should be held legally accountable, too.

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

And yes, Kirk Cousins should be busted too.   they KNOW he is not vaxxed and have been letting him get away with not wearing a mask at press conferences all season.   Which is why they know they can't lower the boom on Rodgers.   So my solution -- bust them both.   

The league has been getting all sorts of kudos for being tough on COVID this year, but really, the standard should have been no vaccine, no play.  Period. 

• Love 18

It will be interesting to see how many State Farm ads we see tomorrow and who is in them.

Speaking of tomorrow, both the Bills and Giants play at one, and both are on CBS, and this is apparently a Buffalo market…so I’ll be listening to the Giants game on the radio.  Dammit.  Even when they are terrible (and I stay awake), I still would rather watch, than listen.

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, mojoween said:

It will be interesting to see how many State Farm ads we see tomorrow and who is in them.

"Hi, I'm Aaron Rodgers.  If you're like me, you're a complete idiot.  You're a danger to yourself and others.  That's why we desperately need State Farm Insurance."

• LOL 19
  • Love 2

We're switching over to DirecTV streaming and realized that we can't get the NFL Network.  There are a couple of football talk shows we like on there.  I searched and saw that you're supposed to be able to get it through Amazon Fire TV, but we can't find it.

Do any of you fine folks know if we can get the NFL Network without paying a huge monthly fee?  Thanks!

I know I’m a broken record here, but every time the Bills shove the Giants off TV, I search for streaming options as if *this* will be the week that I miraculously find a way to stream games that are not ALREADY on TV.

Also listening on Sirius is seriously delayed, so my phone lets me know all the scoring before I hear all of the scoring (legitimately the streaming radio broadcast is three full plays behind what is happening live).  Sigh.  Dumb Buffalo.

• Love 4

The Broncos are somehow beating the Cowboys 16-0 at halftime. Hopefully, this will continue. They better not find a way to blow this. I don't need Jerry Jones showing his excitement over a comeback.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Magog said:

The Broncos are somehow beating the Cowboys 16-0 at halftime. Hopefully, this will continue. They better not find a way to blow this. I don't need Jerry Jones showing his excitement over a comeback.

Where's that giant sinkhole under AT&T Stadium? 😁

• LOL 5
4 minutes ago, Magog said:

That's what I'm watching, too, and I feel the same - my one-morning stint as a Broncos fan better pay off. 

I’m listening to the Giants while the Bills are playing on TV.  While I would love to watch the Cowboys get their asses kicked, I feel it would be a jinx for me to switch over to FOX now so I will live vicariously though score updates.

Josh Allen of the Jaguars sacked Josh Allen of the Bills and CBS tells me that is the first time a QB has been sacked by a player with the same name.  The speed in which that stat was thrown up on the screen tells me someone in the truck was holding that in their back pocket.

Sorry about keep going back to Rodgers but the whole things is such BS 

So he also purposely was not wearing a face mask when around to he press because he didn't want them to know he hadn't been vaccinated. If he wears a mask, they know he hasn't been vaccinated.  That's the rule. 

How did the NFL let that go with no fines, nothing? 

How did the Packers just let it go?  

More troubling NFL questions. 

How does get do that for half a season and reportedly no suspension for violations, just a fine, per NFL reporters. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I'm pleasantly surprised that the Broncos are still beating up on the Cowboys today (its 30-0 right now). I'm very happy that Jerry Jones is sad & going to be losing sleep over this tonight. Hopefully, there will be more of this from those scummy Cowboys. 

Edited by Magog
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, Magog said:

I'm pleasantly surprised that the Broncos are still beating up on the Cowboys today (its 30-0 right now). I'm very happy that Jerry Jones is sad & going to be losing sleep over this tonight.

I want to see Jerruh's face melt.

Now, can my G-men hang on and make this a truly glorious day of football?

Edited by meowmommy
  • Love 1

Freaking weird day in the NFL.

J-ville wins (Urban Meyer will be more insufferable than usual)

Raiders (#1 in their division) lose to the giants

Browns CRUSH Bengals -- after jettisoning OBJ.   

Guess the Cowboys used all their magic last week with the Cooper Rush miracle win.  Broncos D is somehow BETTER without Von Miller.   

Just WEIRD, man.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, merylinkid said:

Guess the Cowboys used all their magic last week with the Cooper Rush miracle win.  Broncos D is somehow BETTER without Von Miller. 

I'm sorry they got two garbage touchdowns at the end.  Anyone who wasn't watching and just saw the score might think the game was a lot closer than it was.  They were CRUSHED.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Sorry about keep going back to Rodgers but the whole things is such BS 

So he also purposely was not wearing a face mask when around to he press because he didn't want them to know he hadn't been vaccinated. If he wears a mask, they know he hasn't been vaccinated.  That's the rule. 

\

No, according to Aaron, he deliberately chose not to wear a mask at press conferences because, after reading the rules for unvaccinated players; he decided that that particular rule 'made no sense' to him, so he didn't follow it.  Because, apparently, he feels that what other people describe as rules are mere 'suggestions' for him and he can pick and choose which ones he follows.

This was also the part of the interview where he claimed that he thought this because he knew every single reporter in the room was vaccinated and wearing a mask, that it was not necessary for him to do either one.  This is part of his claim that an NFL sanctioned physician told him (and ONLY him) that, if someone is vaccinated they cannot catch the virus nor can they pass it to others.  This was also part of his semi-whining about having caught COVID himself from an already vaccinated teammate, presumable the back-up QB who was tested positive a couple days before Aaron.  Because Aaron Rodgers always was and always will be the victim and the wronged party, here, at least in his own mind.

The NFL has already issued a very strongly worded denial that any physician working under them ever gave this incorrect advice to Rodgers, that they have very strictly adhered to CDC guidelines which have always included the risk of breakthrough cases amongst vaccinated individuals who would then be contagious,

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, mojoween said:

The most beautiful song I have ever heard.

Someone please check on Lamb and Danny, because they have to be diametrically dying right now.

Ravens tried really, really hard not to win that game.  Good thing they didn't succeed.  Or something like that. 

Also, to your earlier post, I remember listening to a baseball game on XM through my computer at work and it was a full half inning behind the actual game.  I know this because I could hear a coworker reacting to plays while watching on a TV he has in his office.  SiriusXM is great as long as there's nothing "live" around you while you're listening. 

• Love 2

Is SoFi stadium right in Los Angeles? (That's the LA stadium, right?) LA's new immunization law might cause some problems for non-vaccinated players. But maybe it would be OK because they play outside. On the other hand, the locker rooms are inside. We.play both Rams and Chargers so we might see Kellen Mond at quarterback.

I'm not sure any team is good in the AFC. 

Criticize Carson Wentz for his choke time performance vs the Titans, and rightly so.  But Josh Allen today.....6 points vs the jaguars, two ints, one fumble, sack on 3rd down driving for FG in what should have been another fumble but was just inexplicably ignored by the refs, though it didn't matter after the missed 4th down.  Blowing it vs the jags ......ughhh

Ravens win again in ot.  Probably the only two loss team remaining in afc unless the Titans minus Henry somehow find a way to deage Peterson by about 15 years. 

Raiders lose to Giants.  Bengals blown out second kiss in a row. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

This is part of his claim that an NFL sanctioned physician told him (and ONLY him) that, if someone is vaccinated they cannot catch the virus nor can they pass it to others.  This was also part of his semi-whining about having caught COVID himself from an already vaccinated teammate, presumable the back-up QB who was tested positive a couple days before Aaron. 

Umm, both those things cannot be true.    Not saying you said that Rootbeer.   But Rodges is actually claiming two diametrically opposed things.   Either he was told you cannot catch the virus from a vaccinated person so he was okay to not wear a mask with reporters OR he did catch the virus from a vaccinated person so he should have been wearing a mask.  

But yeah, Rodgers, always the victim.

But after seeing how the Packers treated Jordan Love's family today, I'm thinking the whole culture stinks from the management on down.   Which explains so much about their QBs.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

Umm, both those things cannot be true.    Not saying you said that Rootbeer.   But Rodges is actually claiming two diametrically opposed things.   Either he was told you cannot catch the virus from a vaccinated person so he was okay to not wear a mask with reporters OR he did catch the virus from a vaccinated person so he should have been wearing a mask.  

But yeah, Rodgers, always the victim.

But after seeing how the Packers treated Jordan Love's family today, I'm thinking the whole culture stinks from the management on down.   Which explains so much about their QBs.  

Rodgers said the mystery NFL doc provided him with the misinformation back in the preseason which is why he didn't feel the need to follow the guidelines and wear a mask in the pressroom.  After all, if the reporters were all vaccinated, they couldn't catch the virus from him nor could they be carrying it and give it to him.  Hence, he decided that the mask rule did not make sense and didn't follow it.  

It was only after he himself contracted the virus that he realized that he had been given incorrect information and then claimed he caught COVID from someone who was already vaccinated.  The assumption is that he was referring to a vaccinated team mate who tested positive a day or two before Rodgers.  Of course, it could be that he also decided that other unvaccinated people are 'critical thinkers' just like him and unlike those of us who've chosen to be vaccinated,  And, of course, a critical thinker would never infect one of their own.

Rodgers, of course, seemingly forgot about the Halloween party he attended over that weekend with dozens of others, all unmasked.  Unless he checked everyone at the door to verify their vaccination status and knew they were all vaccinated and tested them for COVID right there; it seems far more likely that he contracted the infection while socializing publicly.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 9
On 11/6/2021 at 8:17 AM, Lady Whistleup said:

Jesus. Aaron Rodgers really showed us who he is in a few short days.

Wow! Even generally mild-mannered Terry Bradshaw just read this trash for filth:

https://nypost.com/2021/11/07/aaron-rodgers-destroyed-by-terry-bradshaw-you-lied/

Love the ivermectin shade.

I guess it's not just the the "woke" SJWs cancelling you Aaron. 

Hope Shailene gets some sense and gets the hell away from him unless she's lost her damn mind too.

Edited by DawnDavenport
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

How did the NFL let that go with no fines, nothing?

I saw a reporter on Twitter say today that the Vikings inquired about whether unvaccinated players needed to wear masks in press conferences and they were told that they don't need to.  That's why you saw so many unvaccinated Vikings players not wearing masks doing press.  And I'm guessing that, even though the official rules said masks within the facilities, there were too many teams with unvaccinated players going maskless in front of the press for that "unofficial exception" to not have spread to others. (And I think the unofficial exception was probably a holdover from last season's "on camera personalities don't need to wear a mask on camera" exceptions to indoor mask mandates.)

Cousins was in a mask today so I guess they've decided to reclarify that rule. 

How does get do that for half a season and reportedly no suspension for violations, just a fine, per NFL reporters. 

When it comes to the team, the only known violation so far is the press conferences and, as I mentioned above, there seemed to be mixed messaging around those.  The NFL would look silly fining Green Bay exclusively for those while other teams did it as well. 

What we don't know is what else is on camera.  But even in the past, there seems to be an escalation.  The NFL warns a team.  And if the team ignores the warnings, the fines are escalated and sometimes draft picks are taken. 

As for Rodgers, he's going to get fined for the Halloween party. 

2 hours ago, DawnDavenport said:

Wow! Even generally mild-mannered Terry Bradshaw just read this trash for filth:

Ha.  That doesn't surprise me.  Terry Bradshaw loved Favre and I've always felt he low key hated Rodgers and hated that Rodgers was good. I think he probably loved teeing up against him.

But I think all of these reporters going after Rodgers is the NFL's way of showing how displeased they are with what happened.  I'm certain there are NFL analysts/reporters who believe the same misinformation that came from Aaron's mouth.

• Love 4

Matthew Stafford started yesterday with four interceptions on the season, he ended the night with six.  Game’s crazy, man.

Regarding Cleveland … I still don’t know what Odell did (this time).  I know his dad shared a video critical of Baker, but dad’s do that shit.  But what exactly did Odell do that caused the Browns to release him from practice and have to answer questions about “distractions”?

I mean, why wasn’t he traded by the deadline, if they hate him so much?