Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Detroit had just signed him a day to two before because their regular kicker is out with a hip injury.

I'm a Steeler fan and I know Ben was out and Watt got hurt during the game but we should have still been able to beat Detroit in regulation.   At the end of regulation if I'm not mistaken we still had a time out and something like 10 seconds to play with and we just knelt down and went to OT.  The whole game was just plain weird.  

Didn't you lose a couple offensive linemen during the game as well?

4 minutes ago, JTMacc99 said:

Didn't you lose a couple offensive linemen during the game as well?

Maybe. Admittedly I was reading a book while watching so I wasn't always paying attention. But even so.  We were playing a team who has not won a game since last year.

18 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Maybe. Admittedly I was reading a book while watching so I wasn't always paying attention. But even so.  We were playing a team who has not won a game since last year.

Here's what I read:

In addition to T.J. Watt missing all of the fourth quarter and overtime a 16-16 tie with the winless Detroit Lions, cornerback Joe Haden and the starting guard duo of Kevin Dotson and Trai Turner were forced to leave the game and did not return because of injury.

While I can't disagree that a good team needs to beat the Lions, I can say that even good teams can only deal with so many injuries before things go sideways. That was 4 starters on top of the ones already out. It's a lot.

It's my opinion that injuries played a factor in both the Ravens and Browns losses this week. Probably a big part of the Cardinals loss as well.

Like I've said before, I'm surprised the Ravens have done as well as they have with all of their injuries.

And wasn't it Donovan McNabb that was shocked years ago that the game ended in a tie?  I think they've been telling the teams since then.

No active NFL players on the Manningcast tonight to keep the curse going, aww.

I’m probably an outlier with this, but no guests ever would be just peachy.  Watching just Peyton and Eli watch and commentate on games is really all I need.

• Love 4

I’m sure they are going to conveniently edit out all the cheating. 

I agree that not one team looks very good this year since all the top teams have had questionable losses. If the Packers are in the SB and I have to see that smug asshole on my screen I may lose my mind, but it looks like the Packers are the team to beat because the Cards D is not very good.

Its not a coincidence that the Panthers look much better when McCaffrey is out there, but Cam didn’t fumble or throw a pick when it mattered so he had a hand in the win. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

No active NFL players on the Manningcast tonight to keep the curse going, aww.

I’m probably an outlier with this, but no guests ever would be just peachy.  Watching just Peyton and Eli watch and commentate on games is really all I need.

Maybe we'll get pissed off Al Michaels instead to indicate a possible bad beat on a bet he might have made.

Peyton & Eli sans the guests would be great, I agree.

Not sure I'd watch it for the entire game (unless there's a game with a 45-3 final score).  I'd miss it entirely since I usually have the TV on mute as I'm still a Westwood One guy for Monday Night Football

Rex Ryan gets paid to talk, but he should shut up about Robert Saleh.  If other people say Saleh reminds them of Rex, that’s not Saleh’s fault, so I have no idea why Rex made it so personal.  Rex sounded deranged.

• Love 3

The league is in a tough position regarding hiring Pats assistants as HC in the near future. Mac’s rapid ascension should put McDaniels on top of the candidate list and the defense should put a Pats D coordinator into the mix but the track record of previous Pats assistants as HCs makes it a hard sell. Plus McDaniels bailing on Indy. 

My newspaper yesterday had a blurb that last week there were six games that had teams outscored by 21 or more points, and that was the first time it happened since 2009 and the fifth time in league history.

Appears this week they are already trying to set a record!

In other news, I loathe Alabama.  I do not like New England.  My mom is a Bills fan.  But for some reason, I am not getting mad at the Patriots recent success.  I can only think of one reason why that is, and it rhymes with Schmom Schrady.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, Fukui San said:

Mac’s rapid ascension should put McDaniels on top of the candidate list and the defense should put a Pats D coordinator into the mix but the track record of previous Pats assistants as HCs makes it a hard sell. Plus McDaniels bailing on Indy. 

Well, that, and that he himself bombed spectacularly as a HC in Denver.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, mojoween said:

In other news, I loathe Alabama.  I do not like New England.  My mom is a Bills fan.  But for some reason, I am not getting mad at the Patriots recent success.  I can only think of one reason why that is, and it rhymes with Schmom Schrady.

I was never a Patriot's fan, but I've got to root for Mac.  He's a really nice guy and did a hell of a job at Bama.   Former Bama players are spread out all over the league so we tend to root for those guys and not always the team.  It just depends on who they're playing.  Of course when they play the Bucs, all bets are off!!  

• Love 2

It's "meh" for me as it relates to New England.  I did actually pick them to win the AFC East.  Chances are it'll be Buffalo, but it was a combination of "everyone" picking the Bills and the fact that the Patriots were mainly bad due to the fleet of opt-outs in 2020.  We'll see if they can win it all, but we might get an idea from how they fare against the 2020 AFC East winners, Tennessee, and Miami in a road game in South Beach

23 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

GB vs Minn.  Rodgers vs Cousins.  Can't we just call it what it is, the COVID Bowl? 

I've never rooted so hard for a tie in my life.

At least Cousins doesn't lie about it. (But I disagree with him.)

But Vikings have had players afflicted with Covid. Our center, Bradbury, had it and he must have actually been sick because he is not playing yet. They might put him in for a little bit.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, meowmommy said:

GB vs Minn.  Rodgers vs Cousins.  Can't we just call it what it is, the COVID Bowl? 

I've never rooted so hard for a tie in my life.

I hear you.

I don't care about either team on an average day, and really don't today, yet it's my only option for the morning game as CBS isn't showing one in my market.  I'd normally lean more towards the Packers because a friend is a big fan (which didn't matter to me when Favre, whom I could not stand, was under center, but I lightened up afterward while still liking the Bears best in that division) and I have not a single tie to the Vikings, but Rodgers's lying ass casts a different light these days.  I'm not rooting for a meteorite to hit the stadium - my go-to wish for games between two hated teams - but, yeah, I'll go ahead and hope for a tie because I can't muster up enthusiasm for either team.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I don't care about either team on an average day, and really don't today, yet it's my only option for the morning game as CBS isn't showing one in my market. 

I checked the guide at 12:30 and turned to FOX because the CBS game is Colts/Bills.  I’m happy with my choice.

Appears the Bills were the emperor all along.

We decided that the WTFs should follow in Cleveland's footsteps.  Therefore, the new team name will be the DC Roller Girls.  

They won - 2 in a row.  Yikes. 

And how about them Ravens.  Again, yikes. 

• Love 2

Well it will be the Patrick price vs the Dak discount (made that one up). Guess I have to cheer for the Patrick price!

At least the Rodgers rate was canned by Cousins cash (made that one up too).

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Baltimore squeak out another win. They are definitely not as good as their record.

Stupid Bills, likely losing the division to Mac Jones and the Pats. What a fucking joke. 

Chiefs and Cowboys- barf central. 

At least the Packers lost. Too bad they will still be the number one seed.

Washington's on a roll.

Maybe it will ne Vikings vs Football Team for the NFC.

Seeing those Hyvee steam things as the Chiefs run out, they look like some kind of crazy grills. The ketchup and mustard coloring decrease the mystique.

Edited by Lamb18

I should hate the WTF but I just don’t.  Don’t hate the Iggles either.  All my hatred, loathing and disdain in the NFC East is used up by one team and one team only.

I’d feel a lot better if the Kansas City fans would quit with the blasted tomahawk chop, though.

• Love 5

The Vikes' most important play was the 2-point conversion.  It was a security blanket at the end so if Joseph missed the field goal the game was still tied.

I miss John Madden at Thanksgiving with the turkey in his Winnebago. Didn't he have turkey awards, too?

6 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

I miss John Madden at Thanksgiving with the turkey in his Winnebago. Didn't he have turkey awards, too?

He used to hand out turkey legs for the stars of the game.  At first he pretended they were all from the same bird but there were a lot more than two legs being eaten.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Moose135 said:

That had to be the stupidest taunting penalty yet...

When I'm finally working downtown again, someone will ask for directions while I'm going to the bus stop and I'll point in the right direction. Suddenly a yellow flag will fall on the ground at my feet and the umpire will move me back 15 yards on the sidewalk. 

• LOL 8
1 minute ago, Moose135 said:

I was cooking dinner, what did I miss?

Oh, it was the absurd taunting call near the end of the first half, which never would have happened if the refs hadn't missed the blindingly obvious face mask and pissing off the Chiefs.  Apparently they had to see the Cowbung yanking on the face mask on the Jumbotron before they would call it (which gobsmacked Joe and Troy), but that didn't stop them from enforcing the UC call.

• Love 1