Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: A Storm Is Coming

• Start Topic

Wait - when did she say that Donn was abusive (whether she meant mentally or otherwise) to Vicki? I totally missed that.

That was at a reunion. I'm pretty sure it was the season of the Ryan freak out. If it's true I bet it was more like passive aggressive hate. Donn did demonstrate a bit of that but so did Vicki.
  • Love 4

It was her pregnancy and her wedding not his. He did not know Briana, at all, and should have kept her name and her business out of his mouth. He was dating Vicki, NOT Briana and had no right to say anything and I have never gotten the impression that Briana thinks she should be treated like royalty. LOL

Briana does not trust Brooks, that is HER right and she doesn't have to spend time with him or around him if she doesn't want to. Briand is NOT insisting that Vicki break up with him anymore, she just doesn't want him around her and her family. That Briana offered to stay at a hotel so that Brooks could stay in Vicki's house says that she has moved beyond trying to control anything her mother does when she is not around and that she is unwilling to be made the bad guy anymore by her mother.

As for Michael, didn't Vicki say that she does NOT see him very often because he lives 2 hours away? They may go on a vacation together, with Brooks, but how often do they actually spend time with each other and Vicki has never mentioned going to his, Michael's apartment, ever. I am sure she has his home address for business purposes or maybe he uses a PO Box address instead for business purposes with his mother. I got the impression that she sees Michael less than she does Briana who lives out of state.

ETA....I also think Briana caught on to her mother using the discord between her and Brooks as a storyline to keep her Orange and is tired of being painted as the bad daughter in all of this.

Briana can dislike Brooks for whatever reason she wants.  I just think she makes her life and her mother's more difficult than need be and I don't think she should be squawking about people talking about her business when she persists on being on a reality show and that is my opinion, I have zero sympathy for a daughter who elopes and expects to have a big wedding.    I think Briana and Vicki work conflict in to stay relevant.  I don't think Michael cares about the show other than it is a huge income stream for his mother.  I believe she said Michael does not come up for dinner because it is two hours away.  I do believe we saw Michael working in the office.  I remember her saying Briana breezed through a SEVEN year nursing program in FOUR years.  Briana has a BSN and it is a four year program.  I think Vicki and Briana both exaggerate and it is getting old.  Briana claimed she didn't see her mom when she and her family moved out in Orange County.  When Vicki is not filming  the show and the show is not airing she constantly tweets about her children and grandchildren.  I just don't buy there is an estrangement  of any sort. If anything I believe that if Vicki wasn't constantly going out to OKC, Briana, Ryan and the boys might start developing some relationships although with Ryan I do think it would be a challenge.  I do believe Briana will never care for any man her mom dates as it takes attention away from her and Ryan seems pretty insecure in having another man in the mix.  Just my opinion.

To me, if there were an issue about Brooks, I think the ONLY solution is for him to be elsewhere during Briana's stay.  Why would Briana want to have her kids holed up in a hotel room when they could be staying at Grandma's and why would Grandma want to visit her grandchildren in a hotel room when she has a lovely house?  It was Briana and Ryan carping about Vicki doing things for show on camera when Vicki was talking to Judy-now it is Briana, who refuses to go off camera claiming her mother is trying to make her look bad?  Vicki could not have made her look good, bad or otherwise if she had gotten her big mug off camera.  I think the Vicki hypocrisy has not fallen far from the tree.  Briana brought the Brooks stuff front and center Vicki did not.

Most of all I just don't want to see Briana.  I don't want to see her on WWHL, or at the Reunion or the show.  In no way do I think Vicky should keep pushing for Briana to have a spot as RH on the show.  Each time there is one of these lovely family moments I just see it as an audition for more Briana.  Production needs to stop indulging Vicki and Tamra and their adult children-they need to get a job instead of relying on RH money.  I know Briana works part time now but for a couple of years she did not and earned Bravo money essentially fighting with her mother. 

• Love 7

Also, for whoever was asking why the choice was the storm shelter or going to Bricktown for dinner for some reasons tornadoes never hit downtown...or they haven't in the 41 years I've been alive.  My Granny always said it was because of the river, but I'm no Gary England (a famous OK meteorologist) so I have no idea if that's true or not.

haha - we say the same thing here! (in Iowa)

I live in a large city in Iowa and better believe I feel 100% safe from a tornado than when I lived in a small town. I would FOR SURE choose the steak dinner over staying at home and waiting for a possible tornado. It's not a good feeling.  The only thing I have to worry about where I live now is that a large tree might fall on my house (which almost happened a few years ago). 

It looks like they live in a new development on the outskirts of town, nearly country-ish - which is prime location for a tornado to hit. 

Big cities = super safe from tornadoes! (at least in my opinion ;) )

I wonder if Vicki ever experience a tornado or maybe close to where she lived?  My mom gets super freaked out by tornados too. She's all calm and collected until the sirens go off and then we're being immediately forced into the basement (when I was younger). She used to live in the country so I'm sure if she didn't experience one then she had her fair share of close calls.

• Love 3

Brianna made a bunch of claims at that one reunion that were surprising and never really got brought up again. I'm of the 50/50 school of thought. Actual shit went down (I mean, we've seen this family. Something's not normal) that Ryan encouraged her anger over and helped maybe exaggerate in her own mind. I do not now nor have I ever found Brianna to be a completely trustworthy narrator. I think she inherited a bunch of her mom's self serving tendency to rewrit history. I saw it as a teenager with her and it's gotten a lot worse with Ryan.

• Love 11

That storm shelter looked like look 'the hole.' You know where the military or prison would put a soldier/prisoner who has done something bad back in the day. I am not claustrophobic but that legit like look an underground tomb. Nope!

Yup. A rose by any other name is still a rose.  Truth is Ryan is a broke ass with no seeming talent or ability to earn a wage that would make him able to afford to rent a damn house in the OC. Eddie knows better than anyone how much CUT paid Ryan to fluff and fold and can see that that ain't gonna pay the rent.

I am curious as to Raging Ryan's back injury. I wonder if it cut his last tour of duty short or if he was able to complete it.

I'd also be curious as to why Bri is working two jobs and how many actual hours she is logging in. I mean are they 2 part time jobs or what? I'm glad that she is working and isn't a wastrel like the other OC kids but damn that sounds freaking exhausting with 2 jobs, 2 toddlers and an injured husband with no help or friends for relief besides Vicki coming into town for a few days sometimes.

One too many Ryans on this show.

I really ain't here for Tamra's baptism. Come on now - that isn't gonna take. The evil is too strong with that one. How long has she been reading bible for dummies and still can't figure out what is right or wrong?  And at her age if she doesn't know that by now, no dip in a pool with a holy man is going to correct that. The minister's face when listening to Tamra talk about sex parties and tapes was hilarious though.

LOL! Brianna was giving me Kennedy compound,  Tara or South Fork teas when she called Vicki's house the family home. Frankly, I just think she expects to inherit it after Vicki dies.

Brianna could have a regular full time job working 3, 12 hour shift per week and a PRN ( as needed) picking up shifts here and there at another ER. A lot of nurses do that.

• Love 2

Briana can dislike Brooks for whatever reason she wants.  I just think she makes her life and her mother's more difficult than need be and I don't think she should be squawking about people talking about her business when she persists on being on a reality show and that is my opinion, I have zero sympathy for a daughter who elopes and expects to have a big wedding.    I think Briana and Vicki work conflict in to stay relevant.  I don't think Michael cares about the show other than it is a huge income stream for his mother.  I believe she said Michael does not come up for dinner because it is two hours away.  I do believe we saw Michael working in the office.  I remember her saying Briana breezed through a SEVEN year nursing program in FOUR years.  Briana has a BSN and it is a four year program.  I think Vicki and Briana both exaggerate and it is getting old.  Briana claimed she didn't see her mom when she and her family moved out in Orange County.  When Vicki is not filming  the show and the show is not airing she constantly tweets about her children and grandchildren.  I just don't buy there is an estrangement  of any sort. If anything I believe that if Vicki wasn't constantly going out to OKC, Briana, Ryan and the boys might start developing some relationships although with Ryan I do think it would be a challenge.  I do believe Briana will never care for any man her mom dates as it takes attention away from her and Ryan seems pretty insecure in having another man in the mix.  Just my opinion.

To me, if there were an issue about Brooks, I think the ONLY solution is for him to be elsewhere during Briana's stay.  Why would Briana want to have her kids holed up in a hotel room when they could be staying at Grandma's and why would Grandma want to visit her grandchildren in a hotel room when she has a lovely house?  It was Briana and Ryan carping about Vicki doing things for show on camera when Vicki was talking to Judy-now it is Briana, who refuses to go off camera claiming her mother is trying to make her look bad?  Vicki could not have made her look good, bad or otherwise if she had gotten her big mug off camera.  I think the Vicki hypocrisy has not fallen far from the tree.  Briana brought the Brooks stuff front and center Vicki did not.

Most of all I just don't want to see Briana.  I don't want to see her on WWHL, or at the Reunion or the show.  In no way do I think Vicky should keep pushing for Briana to have a spot as RH on the show.  Each time there is one of these lovely family moments I just see it as an audition for more Briana.  Production needs to stop indulging Vicki and Tamra and their adult children-they need to get a job instead of relying on RH money.  I know Briana works part time now but for a couple of years she did not and earned Bravo money essentially fighting with her mother. 

I think Briana suggested staying in a hotel because she was vilified last season when she lived with Vicki. Briana did not want to live with her mom last season because of Brooks, she did not want to be around him at all and Vicki was the one that said he would not be a problem, he would not be at the house at all on her own then Vicki changed her mind and blamed Briana even though it was Vicki's idea to begin with. Briana was then vilified in the tabloids, blogs, twitter and sites like this. She got raked over the coals as did her husband and she now wants it to be known that she dos NOT want to put Brooks out of his bed, that this is ALL her mothers doing.....YET, she is getting blamed once again. LOL If Briana wants to stay in a hotel, that is her decision, NOT Vicki's and I do believe that Vicki and Brooks would/will throw that up in Briana's face in the future.

I would have no problem if Briana and her family were not on the show, the same with Michael. It is Vicki that insists on using them for part of her storyline, much like it was Vicki that talked Brooks into sharing his "cancer" fight on the show against his initial wishes.

I do agree, that without Briana/family and Brooks controversy, Vicki has nothing to offer the show and would have been fired years ago otherwise but that is ALL on Vicki as she is the one putting her Bravo contract before those she claims to love. JMO 

ETA, I believe that Briana works a full time job split between 2 hospitals, not all that uncommon for nurses and she was pregnant when she lived with Vicki and it is possible that her pregnancies are not easy due to her thyroid/medical condition. (just a guess here though because we do not know if she was working or not during that time period).

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1

Curious, because Ryan made Lydia's mom sad yelling at her, he has rage issues and  we 'know' he must be  mistreating/abusing/controlling  Briana.

He's the scum of the earth etc

Now Vicki has controlled her kids, raged,  and been nasty to castmates season after season--same w/Tamar, yet because they're both  female  that's okay behavior and we're    amused by it?  Why doesn't Vicki get the same vitrol?

Kind of like two guys punching each other is bad, but 2 women slapping and pulling each other's hair is cute thinking?

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 10

Damn, for someone who is always working!!!! Vicki sure has a lot of time to travel for pleasure.  I'd love to take that many trips to visit friends or family, but my job wouldn't tolerate that. 

Also, I laughed so hard when the letter to Briana about the car said something like she could choose a car "within a certain budget."  So Vicki. 

• Love 4

Curious, because Ryan made Lydia's mom sad yelling at her, he has rage issues and  we 'know' he must be  mistreating/abusing/controlling  Briana.

Now Vicki has controlled her kids, raged,  and been nasty to castmates season after season--same w/Tamar, yet because they're both  female  that's okay behavior and we're    amused by it?  Why doesn't Vicki get the same vitrol?

Kind of like two guys punching each other is bad, but 2 women slapping and pulling each other's hair is cute thinking?

Am I the only one who wonders why Ryan was so protective of Vicki's couch?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Vicki had gone ballistic on Ryan for putting his feet up on her new couch and he was just paying it forward.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 4

I think between the two incomes B and R have a nice income for a couple so young.

My friend has a son-in-law in the army--he make lower five figures under $30K, her daughter makes upper-end of five figures, but because he's been deplyed and other perks like a housing allowance, some of his  his income is not taxed, so my friend has said  in the end they both make about they same.

• Love 1

Just fyi - Vicki gets equal vitriol from me!  I can't stand the bitch.  

• Love 8

Am I the only one who wonders why Ryan was so protective of Vicki's couch?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Vicki had gone ballistic on Ryan for putting his feet up on her new couch and he was just paying it forward.

That was actually the piss-poor excuse Brianna tried to use. She (Brianna) said Vicki went nuts when someone messed up the cushions/furniture, yet when Vicki was shown on camera during couchgate, she looked non-plussed. Brianna also claimed she was up all night cleaning the wine off the couch while everyone slept. Poor little Briannderella.
  • Love 10

Honestly, the first question any one asks when they meet someone in OK is "What church do you go to?" or "Have you found a Church Home yet? I'd love to take you to mine!"

You obviously didn't meet me, lol.  I would probably spontaneously combust if I entered a church after all these years.  But the good thing about Oklahoma is, there is a liquor store across the street from every church, and that combination occurs on nearly every block in the city and the state.   

• Love 8

Damn, for someone who is always working!!!! Vicki sure has a lot of time to travel for pleasure.  I'd love to take that many trips to visit friends or family, but my job wouldn't tolerate that. 

Also, I laughed so hard when the letter to Briana about the car said something like she could choose a car "within a certain budget."  So Vicki. 

She can work from anywhere if she chooses, most of what she does is by telephone and online.  If she needs a signature on something she can overnight, meet with the client after she gets back or have them come to her office and have and associate get the signatures.

I'll bet she spent at least a couple hours each day catching up with business  while in Oklahoma.

• Love 3

No, I have felt this way from the second the tape was revealed. What sane, reasonable person does that? To their own mother? And then makes it public? It's Meghan levels of overstepping boundaries.

Ryan has got his eyes on Vicki's wealth. Since he married her daughter what's hers is his to his way of thinking. He's playing the long con.

I just hope that Michael has sole  financial and medical durable power of attorney for Vicky as I can see Ryan manipulating Brianna into making decisions that benefit them and not Vicki. Ryan would try and acquire conservatorship or ownership to live in or sell her house out from under her and/or put her in a senior apartment, plus Ryan would pull the plug on Vicki before the doctor finished getting the words out "There is no hope."

Michael may not like being near his mother but I don't see him screwing her over as I do Team Brianna/Ryan.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 5

While it would have been nice for Vicki to gift Briana with a nanny or a housekeeper, she would need to run that by Ryan. He seems like the type who would absolutely oppose having a stranger in his room with access to his belongings. I mean, the man installed cameras on a home he was living in temporarily so I can't imagine how protective he is about his own home.

• Love 5

So, Brooks wasn't going to be in town? Why is it even a fight? Why is Briana going to stay in a hotel, if Brooks was not going to be there?

Vicki and Briana are a lot alike imo.

Tamra is an idiot Ryan won't be able to pay his rent. Nice lie you told your hubby about making it a loan. That's a good Christian woman there (eyeroll).

I ff through Meghan, the women annoys the hell out me, it's the way she speaks, I just can't stand her. I also ff through Shannon and David. I think I'm hitting a Wall with the housewives.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

Ryan has got his eyes on Vicki's wealth. Since he married her daughter what's hers is his to his way of thinking. He's playing the long con.

I just hope that Michael has sole  financial and medical durable power of attorney for Vicky as I can see Ryan manipulating Brianna into making decisions that benefit them and not Vicki. Ryan would try and acquire conservatorship or ownership to live in or sell her house out from under her and/or put her in a senior apartment, plus Ryan would pull the plug on Vicki before the doctor finished getting the words out "There is no hope."

Michael may not like being near his mother but I don't see him screwing her over as I do Team Brianna/Ryan.

Good point.  Ryan very well may have his eyes on all that lovely Coto insurance Vicki has on herself.  

She better be very careful on who she names her executor.

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 1

So, Brooks wasn't going to be in town? Why is it even a fight. Why is Briana going to stay in a hotel if Brooks was not going to be there.

Vicki and Briana are a lot alike imo.

Tamra is an idiot Ryan won't be able to pay his rent. Nice lie you told your hubby about making it a loan. That's a good Christian woman there (eyeroll).

I ff through Meghan, the women annoys the hell out me, it's the way she speaks, I just can't stand her. I also ff through Shannon and David. I think I'm hitting a Wall with the housewives.

At first Vicki tries to say that Brooks will be out of town on "business" when Briana visits and Briana then questions why he is traveling when he is supposed to be getting chemo treatments (I do not think Vicki told Briana he quit chemo) as exposing himself to anyone sick is a major no, no during treatment. Vicki then says that he is just staying at a hotel so that Briana/kids can stay at her house. Briana and Vicki have played this game before, last season before they moved to OK, and Briana was vilified for not allowing Brooks in Vicki's house even though that was Vicki's idea to begin with to get Briana to live with her, so Briana wanted to be clear that she is not making Brooks leave his "sick bed".

Vicki has a history of using Briana's dislike of Brooks as a major sympathy storyline for herself/Brooks at her daughters expense and I don't blame Briana for wanting the truth out.

• Love 12

That was actually the piss-poor excuse Brianna tried to use. She (Brianna) said Vicki went nuts when someone messed up the cushions/furniture, yet when Vicki was shown on camera during couchgate, she looked non-plussed. Brianna also claimed she was up all night cleaning the wine off the couch while everyone slept. Poor little Briannderella.

It's not as if it would be so out of character for Vicki to go nuts over someone messing up her cushions/furniture. It's also not unlike Vicki to feign a reaction and/or non-reaction for the cameras.

In situations like this I tend to believe the old adage that there's two sides to every story and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 5

Briana said that since Brooks is stage 3 he should not be travelling, but we have seen Monty of BH who is stage 4 travelling, drinking, partying and basically couch surfing since his diagnosis. I think that everyone is way to quick to apply their own rules around another person's illness. Which is normal, that is what people do, but the questioning makes no sense because it is obvious that it isn't out of concern - specifically in Mehgan's case as she doesn't even know Brooks and has an obvious dislike of Vicki. 

• Love 13

At first Vicki tries to say that Brooks will be out of town on "business" when Briana visits and Briana then questions why he is traveling when he is supposed to be getting chemo treatments (I do not think Vicki told Briana he quit chemo) as exposing himself to anyone sick is a major no, no during treatment. Vicki then says that he is just staying at a hotel so that Briana/kids can stay at her house. Briana and Vicki have played this game before, last season before they moved to OK, and Briana was vilified for not allowing Brooks in Vicki's house even though that was Vicki's idea to begin with to get Briana to live with her, so Briana wanted to be clear that she is not making Brooks leave his "sick bed".

Vicki has a history of using Briana's dislike of Brooks as a major sympathy storyline for herself/Brooks at her daughters expense and I don't blame Briana for wanting the truth out.

Yes she is. She is dictating either Brooks will be there at the house or she will but never together under the same roof.  Brianna and Ryan can't be civil for a week and just get along with Brooks and Vicki in the house. I guess being reserved but polite isn't a social skill she nor Ryan has. Vicki wants them to visit but it's Ryan/Brianna's way or the highway and the grand kids are a playing chip.

I think Brooks would very courteous and tip toe around the house if they were there so nothing he would do would upset Vicki, Brianna or Ryan. Briana and Ryan on the other hand would take insult from him not passing the butter in a timely manner at the breakfast table, or call it abuse if he picked up one of Vicki's grandbabies up after they fell on the patio

• Love 10

She can work from anywhere if she chooses, most of what she does is by telephone and online.  If she needs a signature on something she can overnight, meet with the client after she gets back or have them come to her office and have and associate get the signatures.

I'll bet she spent at least a couple hours each day catching up with business  while in Oklahoma.

She clearly has flexible days/hours, probably because she's the boss, which is great for her. But, it doesn't match the way she talks about how she works all the time (or the criticism she doles out for people who don't work outside the home).  

Edited by kdl88
  • Love 4

I wonder if Vicki ever experience a tornado or maybe close to where she lived? .

I think a tornado would be an extremely rare occurrence in southern CA. But didn't Vicki grow up in IL? Tornadoes are pretty common there I believe. She acted last season when they first moved to OK that tornados were a foreign concept to her and she had no idea what to do if one was possibly on the way.

• Love 1

I think a tornado would be an extremely rare occurrence in southern CA. But didn't Vicki grow up in IL? Tornadoes are pretty common there I believe. She acted last season when they first moved to OK that tornados were a foreign concept to her and she had no idea what to do if one was possibly on the way.

Yes, but, she also didn't think anyone lived in Oklahoma and couldn't imagine what they ate if anyone did happen to live there.

• Love 1

Shannon looked modern and pretty at lunch with Heather. The color was great on her. She needs to continue on that route and retire the grandmotherly blouses she likes to wear in her THs. Up your game girl. No more grandma-wear and mannerisms, I beg of you! You are 51, not 81 sweetie.

I feel badly for Brianna. I am quite sure that Ryan is verbally abusive to her on occasion. She is living in total isolation with him which is scary. I know how very hard it is to move places with no one you know anywhere remotely nearby, and to be raising two babies/small children. It is very depressing. I am sure that Vicki went out to OK fourteen times due to her concern for Brianna. Vicki and her brother Billy both also know too well that Ryan has severe anger issues.

• Love 10

While it would have been nice for Vicki to gift Briana with a nanny or a housekeeper, she would need to run that by Ryan. He seems like the type who would absolutely oppose having a stranger in his room with access to his belongings. I mean, the man installed cameras on a home he was living in temporarily so I can't imagine how protective he is about his own home.

With someone as controlling of his environment as Ryan is, it make me wonder what he is trying to hide.

I'm just waiting for one of the kids to have their muddy feet on the couch and spill fruit juice. It does cause me to wonder when and  not if he will get "ragey" with the kids.

• Love 5

Briana said that since Brooks is stage 3 he should not be travelling, but we have seen Monty of BH who is stage 4 travelling, drinking, partying and basically couch surfing since his diagnosis. I think that everyone is way to quick to apply their own rules around another person's illness. Which is normal, that is what people do, but the questioning makes no sense because it is obvious that it isn't out of concern - specifically in Mehgan's case as she doesn't even know Brooks and has an obvious dislike of Vicki. 

Yup, My immune system is highly compromised. I travel, hug and kiss people, am around people with colds and flu.. That's life

• Love 9

With 10 production people around Brianderella need only tell one and they would dispatch someone to clean, repair or replace. 

I thought about that and to seemed to me that might be unsettling to Ryan to have people in the house without his cameras and it also might be hard to get people to work in the house with cameras.  Has Briana complained about the housework and do we know for certain she doesn't already have a cleaning person?   I can't imagine a guy wanting a housekeeper over a $50,000.00 car.  Imagine how nice it will be when Vicki visits and Ryan gets to shove her in the third seat all by herself.

If I were Ryan I would be most concerned about my cranky wife expressing her desire to move back to OC.  The fact he just shut down the idea of not only OC but all of California-there are affordable areas throughout California, made me have some concern for Briana.  Vicki has the means (and the mean) to pack Briana and the boys and be up and out of Choctaw with a well drafted set of divorce papers waiting for Ryan when he comes home from work.  Briana just didn't seem all that on board with the no social life

A question for one of the marines posting here:  Does the Marine Corps still use fitness reports for enlisted people as a means of evaluating their performance?  If Ryan was unable to perform at the required level due to his back injury would he then be let go (retired) (rendered disabled) from the Corps?  Thanks in advance.

• Love 2

A question for one of the marines posting here:  Does the Marine Corps still use fitness reports for enlisted people as a means of evaluating their performance?  If Ryan was unable to perform at the required level due to his back injury would he then be let go (retired) (rendered disabled) from the Corps?  Thanks in advance.

He is required to take a PFT a Physical Fitness Test, annually(unless things  have changed), However, they will let him take it later if he is sick or injured. If his back injury is severe enough that he cannot perform his required duty in the long term, they could potentially medically retire him. Medical retirement means retirement pay for life, most likely a rating from the VA, Tricare for life, Space a travel, and all of the other benefits a 20 year retiree gets. 

But it's generally case by case. I'm sure he wants to stay in, so they may take a wait and see approach if this is serious in the long term.

My knowledge comes from being medically retired myself, although I went through the process a long time ago

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 5

Meghan can't make Minute Rice. She must not have that attachment on her EZ Bake oven.

I did enjoy the "babe" and "babe" show at the end of that scene. Here we go again! Meghan is a big Lori/Easter Island statuesque.

I think Brianna is being a giant asshole about the hotel thing. Clearly, to me, RYAN is putting his foot down about sleeping under the same roof as Vicki & Brooks and is putting Brianna up to the excuse that they don't want to kick a sick man out of his bed- as a preemptive way to manipulate that they aren't the bad guy in this. It is all Ryan, well and a little bit of Brianna because she hates Brooks but ALL Ryan's decision.

Also, Ryan you ding dong, being in the dry middle of two blips of green on the radar is not reason to go indoors. And the furthest sign of a tornado. HELLO? They don't teach you how to read radar in the military? I got my training from Sam Champion and Al Roker and I know better. Oh wait. Ryan was just using it as an excuse to give an order to Vicky, intimidate and frighten her, and watch her jump on his commands. Poor Brianna.  She can look forward to a lifetime of that.

I can live without ever hearing Meghan say "Cant-sir" EVER EVER AGAIN!

• Love 14
Brianna says in a TH about 21 minutes in and I quote: "I would love nothing more than to move back to OC, but there is no way that is going to happen with Brooks living in my family home." I completely agree that Brianna has the absolute right as a mother not to want to have her kids around Brooks but I can't look at this statement and say she isn't in some way manipulative.  This is her right but it does strike me as I want to move back but won't unless he is gone outta my mama's house. So she will not move closer to her family with Brooks living in her mom's house?

There is something seriously wrong with Brianna if she chooses what STATE to live in based on her mother's boyfriend. Get your priorities straight and move on. The man makes her mother happy, end of story. (I know in real-time they're broken up, but I think it's either untrue or won't last.)

Also, Eddie's words about Ryan were PERFECTION! I wish I could tape my mother's eyes open "Clockwork Orange" style and make her watch that 100x so she would stop supporting my middle-aged brother. Whether it's for a storyline or not, that ridiculous enabling behavior is something that a lot of families deal with.

• Love 9

Ding Ding Ding!!! I hate the questioning when for all that is good and holy people YOU'RE NOT ASKING BECAUSE YOU CARE. I don't find Vicki's reactions at all surprising. I mean first off it's Vicki after all but this season I think is the first season where I actually condone the reactions she's been having when others bring up Brook's cancer. I know I would have already smacked the shit outta someone already considering that they persist in forcing their personal opinions, unwelcome probing and downright disrespectful suspicions down Vicki's throat and more importantly and shamefully in front of the cameras. I just can't understand it. I know it's reality tv but MY GOD the despicable nature of this storyline that the other HoWives are more than happy to continue to give life to is completely repulsive to  me.

• Love 9

yea that's why i mentioned it because someone said Vicki grew up in IL 

I've never been remotely close to a tornado but I grew up where they are very common and the thought of one still scares the crap out of me!

• Love 1

Curious, because Ryan made Lydia's mom sad yelling at her, he has rage issues and we 'know' he must be mistreating/abusing/controlling Briana.

Now Vicki has controlled her kids, raged, and been nasty to castmates season after season--same w/Tamar, yet because they're both female that's okay behavior and we're amused by it? Why doesn't Vicki get the same vitrol?

Amused by Vicki? On THIS forum? Hardly.

Vicki receives infinitely more vitriolic expressions of disgust than Brianna's husband, Ryan.

• Love 4

Meghan can't make Minute Rice. She must not have that attachment on her EZ Bake oven.

I did enjoy the "babe" and "babe" show at the end of that scene. Here we go again! Meghan is a big Lori/Easter Island statuesque.

I think Brianna is being a giant asshole about the hotel thing. Clearly, to me, RYAN is putting his foot down about sleeping under the same roof as Vicki & Brooks and is putting Brianna up to the excuse that they don't want to kick a sick man out of his bed- as a preemptive way to manipulate that they aren't the bad guy in this. It is all Ryan, well and a little bit of Brianna because she hates Brooks but ALL Ryan's decision.

Also, Ryan you ding dong, being in the dry middle of two blips of green on the radar is not reason to go indoors. And the furthest sign of a tornado. HELLO? They don't teach you how to read radar in the military? I got my training from Sam Champion and Al Roker and I know better. Oh wait. Ryan was just using it as an excuse to give an order to Vicky, intimidate and frighten her, and watch her jump on his commands. Poor Brianna.  She can look forward to a lifetime of that.

Yes! to all of this!!

Ugh! Meghan trying to chop onions...I think she's the one person that could learn a thing or two about cooking from Adrienne Maloof.  Thank goodness she didn't lose a finger and champion a prosthetic finger charity, tho it would be funny if she threw it at Vicki, "giving her the finger" so to speak. I could totally see her doing that.

How much do you want to bet the whole tornado "scare" was an excuse by production (along with co-conspirators Brianna and Ryan) to lock Vicki in the shelter?   I'm starting to think the production team has learned creative ways to have fun while filming the most difficult, or obnoxious hw's.  Good for them.  I can't imagine having to work with these women.

• Love 6

Yes she is. She is dictating either Brooks will be there at the house or she will but never together under the same roof.  Brianna and Ryan can't be civil for a week and just get along with Brooks and Vicki in the house. I guess being reserved but polite isn't a social skill she nor Ryan has. Vicki wants them to visit but it's Ryan/Brianna's way or the highway and the grand kids are a playing chip.

I think Brooks would very courteous and tip toe around the house if they were there so nothing he would do would upset Vicki, Brianna or Ryan. Briana and Ryan on the other hand would take insult from him not passing the butter in a timely manner at the breakfast table, or call it abuse if he picked up one of Vicki's grandbabies up after they fell on the patio

Exactly. As a grandmother I know I would expect to have way more liberties with my son's family, children, household that Vicki has. I don't mean rude liberties but that family feel when you know you're always welcome. No special conditions, no arrangements outside of the need to coordinate schedules and the such. As it is now it looks like Vicki is the one that facilitates her time with her grandbabies by being so active and initiated so many visits as well as making arrangements for Brooks to be away when her daughter comes to visit. I mean is it really that hard? And sure if that's what Brianna wants to do then fine but this whole playing innocent like there's absolutely NO WAY for her to maybe compromise and make visits a happy time for everyone needs to stop. She wants to be difficult about the situation then fuck it. Stop trying to play it off like it's not a stupid, exaggerated way to keep the upper hand in a very silly tug of war. Really stupid I think. Be a family, life's too short, stop dragging out negativity. Brooks may not be the greatest dude out there but my god people have been forgiven for a whole lot worse in this world. Ooohhhh he joked about you getting slapped up.

Now look I HATE with the fire of a thousand suns how easy and acceptable it is for people to joke about slapping up a bitch, slap a hoe, get her in line, all that but I hate it AS A WHOLE. I'm not going to crucify every man I come across that thinks it's a topic to joke about. I may express my disappointment about it but I sure as hell ain't gonna lable them wife beaters either. They took that one detail and ran with it to silly town and Brianna is really holding on tight to that one which is rich considering the verbal/aggressive abuse she condoned from her own husband. The hypocrisy reeks.. Uggghh, Brianna is just a very ugly person.

• Love 9

What I hate about Terry is that everything has a dollar amount attached to it. "We invested a million dollars". Everything is always, "look at me! I have money, lots and lots of money". Bite me, Terry.

Yes. You can bark that you have money all you want, Miss Terry, but in the end, you are not PERCEIVED as someone with money. You and Madame Puppet are just another couple of apes on a reality show...or two reality shows. So gross. And what was Madame Puppet warbling about with, "Everyone should be able to afford great skincare...blah blah blah." Shut up, imbecile. Women of all socio-economic strata have taken care of their skin for centuries without the help of a bloody madame puppet and the Demon Barber of the OC. 

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 9

Also, Ryan you ding dong, being in the dry middle of two blips of green on the radar is not reason to go indoors. And the furthest sign of a tornado. HELLO? They don't teach you how to read radar in the military? I got my training from Sam Champion and Al Roker and I know better. Oh wait. Ryan was just using it as an excuse to give an order to Vicky, intimidate and frighten her, and watch her jump on his commands. Poor Brianna. She can look forward to a lifetime of that.

Scrumptious!

• Love 3

The SUV Gift to Brianna:

A small detail perhaps unnoticed by some: I thought it odd that Vicki chose to present the SUV  - and in such a grand manner -  with out Ryan being there. We know he was around on this trip, so even if he was at work that day or whatever, Vicki clearly could have chosen another moment on this trip to do that.  

Odd, because even though the occasion to gift was Brianna's birthday, the vehicle really is for the family. Plus, it's normal to present something like that with all family members around to share in the excitement. I suspect this is another example of Vicki's insatiable neediness to have that large gift just between she and Brianna to overcontrol the moment, and to have any forthcoming expression of attention, love, and gratitude from Brianna back only to Vicki; the moment would be "super charged" and a special shared moment only between the two of them (and the cameras). She needed her love tank filled. I do not jest, it's not just about romantic love neediness  - there is actually a term called "narcissistic supply". Another indication of Vicki's textbook, pathological narcissism. (She is definitely on the spectrum). Plus to her, Ryan is still an outsider. 

Back to Tamra:

For all the times we viewers know or strongly suspect that Real Housewives' scenes are somewhat scripted or acted....I felt certain that the breaking first time news of Tamra's telling Eddie that she gave $8K to Ryan was real. Eddie was mad and Tamra was nervous. Moreover, I think Tamra actually chose that moment to tell him because they were on camera, so the bad news given to him and his justified reaction would be somewhat tamped down. She was not afraid for herself (Eddie is not abusive) ...but she was anxious and guilty because she damn well knew she did the wrong thing with Ryan.

I re-wound that delicious scene a couple of times and I think there was a very real moment of discomfort, maybe even panic, in her eyes. Plus Eddie's furrowed brow and his negative response was real - he is not that good of an actor. Tamra even said in her talking head that Eddie is so easy going, which I believe, and he rarely gets mad...but when he does...

Lastly, I think the whole ploy of Ryan moving to the OC and with the new baby and the family has been orchestrated by Tamra for what she hopes will be a two fold benefit : 1) she keeps a storyline for next season as a new Gramma, and 2) unemployed Ryan gets some money for the TV gig - if not from Bravo directly, then from Tamra's compensating him out of her own pocket for his on-camera cooperation. She is cunning that way. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 13

I honestly believe Vicki is afraid of Ryan. She tones it down around him. She asks permission to take her grandson from Briana. The night of his rage against Lydia's mother, she was calm and spoke softly. If I remember correctly, she also defended his actions in a TH. I think she walks on egg shells around him out of fear.

• Love 20

Shannon: the cooking scene was so annoying. She's doing what a lot of women do on a lot of reality shows acting like they can't/don't cook. Why do so many of them do this?? Is it supposed to be cute? I don't think a 30 year old woman pretending she can't chop onions is cute. Even Jim was like wtf are you doing? He seems to be someone who is into traditional gender roles, so I don't believe for a second that Megan didn't cook for him as part of showcasing her ability to fulfill wifely duties. I know some people aren't great cooks, but come on.

Vicki/Brianna: I don't think Brianna is using her kids as manipulation. If she was, Vicki wouldn't have seen them 14 times in a year. If anything they're too enmeshed. I'd have to have a conversation with my mother if she came to my house and stayed for the weekend or whatever every month. And I love her and we have a great relationship. I just think she doesn't like or trust Brooks, so doesn't want her kids around him - that simple. And that's her right as their mother, Vicki doesn't have to agree or understand. Why should she be uncomfortable and unhappy just so Vicki gets her way? That's crazy. I'm sorry, but I think Vicki was in the wrong.

• Love 7

Amused by Vicki? On THIS forum? Hardly.

Vicki receives infinitely more vitriolic expressions of disgust than Brianna's husband, Ryan.

I'll agree she does get some , but at the same time she also get 'Oh there goes that Vicki again" and her antics pass.

Replace Vicki w/Ryan in the 'family van' and I don't think there would be laughing at his meltdown, Ryan had a meltdoen over what Judy did and hurting her fe-fe's and some people wanted him drummed out of the Marines.

Ryan gets hit with he's abusing Briana.and she's afraid not to do what he says.

Did anybody ever say maybe Vicki is abusing Donn and he's afraid of her?

Nope

Just a few posts back there was speculation about Briana not getting a housekeeper because Ryan is so controlling.

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 5

Ding Ding Ding!!! I hate the questioning when for all that is good and holy people YOU'RE NOT ASKING BECAUSE YOU CARE. I don't find Vicki's reactions at all surprising. I mean first off it's Vicki after all but this season I think is the first season where I actually condone the reactions she's been having when others bring up Brook's cancer. I know I would have already smacked the shit outta someone already considering that they persist in forcing their personal opinions, unwelcome probing and downright disrespectful suspicions down Vicki's throat and more importantly and shamefully in front of the cameras. I just can't understand it. I know it's reality tv but MY GOD the despicable nature of this storyline that the other HoWives are more than happy to continue to give life to is completely repulsive to  me.

Vicki should have respected Brooks's wish and kept his cancer OFF camera and NOT a part of HER storyline. Vicki knows how much Production like to twist things  on camera, no matter how serious they are, yet here we are, seeing Brooks questioned about his cancer/claim. Once again, Vicki is putting someone she claims to "love/care about" second to her keeping her Orange.

Exactly. As a grandmother I know I would expect to have way more liberties with my son's family, children, household that Vicki has. I don't mean rude liberties but that family feel when you know you're always welcome. No special conditions, no arrangements outside of the need to coordinate schedules and the such. As it is now it looks like Vicki is the one that facilitates her time with her grandbabies by being so active and initiated so many visits as well as making arrangements for Brooks to be away when her daughter comes to visit. I mean is it really that hard? And sure if that's what Brianna wants to do then fine but this whole playing innocent like there's absolutely NO WAY for her to maybe compromise and make visits a happy time for everyone needs to stop. She wants to be difficult about the situation then fuck it. Stop trying to play it off like it's not a stupid, exaggerated way to keep the upper hand in a very silly tug of war. Really stupid I think. Be a family, life's too short, stop dragging out negativity. Brooks may not be the greatest dude out there but my god people have been forgiven for a whole lot worse in this world. Ooohhhh he joked about you getting slapped up.

Now look I HATE with the fire of a thousand suns how easy and acceptable it is for people to joke about slapping up a bitch, slap a hoe, get her in line, all that but I hate it AS A WHOLE. I'm not going to crucify every man I come across that thinks it's a topic to joke about. I may express my disappointment about it but I sure as hell ain't gonna lable them wife beaters either. They took that one detail and ran with it to silly town and Brianna is really holding on tight to that one which is rich considering the verbal/aggressive abuse she condoned from her own husband. The hypocrisy reeks.. Uggghh, Brianna is just a very ugly person.

BUT, Briana did NOT ask Vicki to kick Brooks out of his bed or the house or else she would not visit her. Vicki once again took it upon herself to do this and Briana is once again being vilified for her mothers actions. IMO, even had Briana not said 1 word to Vicki about Brooks staying elsewhere during the visit, Vicki would have used that against Briana later on in the season to garner support from viewers. It is the same trick that Vicki did to Briana last season, she does/says things then blames Briana in the end.

• Love 4