Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: A Storm Is Coming

• Start Topic

Briana is so over the top with her "I don't want my family around this man" as if Brooks is going to beat up a baby. Though, it is kinda funny how the people in Vickie's circle (Meghan and Brianna/Ryan) have run sting operations on Brooks. I keep expecting a Scooby-Doo moment where they pull off his mask.

• Love 7

At this point I sort of feel like Brianna has dug in her heels and is going to double down rather than admit any fault in this situation. She could put about 90% of this to rest just by saying "I don't like Brooks and I don't trust him, but he is a part of your life and I will respect that. Just like I expect you to respect my marriage with Ryan." But that's not going to happen. Truth be told I think Brianna is still more than a little embarrassed at how relatively well Vicki and Brooks come across on the show compared to her and Ryan so she's just going to stick to her guns rather than admit she may have overreacted to Brooks while ignoring some problems in her own home.

• Love 12

I think you hit the nail on the head, Fozzy. 

Even Vicki's son, who seems about as non-dramatic as you can get, says that Briana and Ryan's strong aversion to Brooks is strange.  I can understand not liking the guy, and yes, he's a little bit of a sleazebag, but I think they've taken it too far. 

I think Briana wants to continue to have her cake and eat it too.  When she was on WWHL with Vicki, she expressed interest in moving back to Orange County.  She did the same in a few replies on Vicki's Instagram pictures of them in Andy's clubhouse.  I think she (much like Tamra's son, Ryan) was all gung-ho to move away from the pretentiousness of Orange County only to realize that she does need her mom's support and that way of life is in fact, all she knows. 

• Love 3

I think you hit the nail on the head, Fozzy. 

Even Vicki's son, who seems about as non-dramatic as you can get, says that Briana and Ryan's strong aversion to Brooks is strange.  I can understand not liking the guy, and yes, he's a little bit of a sleazebag, but I think they've taken it too far. 

I think Briana wants to continue to have her cake and eat it too.  When she was on WWHL with Vicki, she expressed interest in moving back to Orange County.  She did the same in a few replies on Vicki's Instagram pictures of them in Andy's clubhouse.  I think she (much like Tamra's son, Ryan) was all gung-ho to move away from the pretentiousness of Orange County only to realize that she does need her mom's support and that way of life is in fact, all she knows. 

Briana needs to make some girlfriends.  I always felt bad when she was in SF and said she did not like having girlfriends.  There have to be other military wives or nurses that she can form friendships.  This my mom is my best friend should be a phase she should motor past.  Moving back to OC is only going to make her bitter about what they can afford and can't afford.

• Love 5

I have no idea what Briana will say to Vicki next week but I seem to remember a tape recording with Brooks making a comment about how Ryan should handle Briana.  Didn't he say that he should hit her?  Or something very close to that?   If someone had said that to my husband about me, I wouldn't want anything to do them either.

• Love 6

AnnA, yes, there is a recording of a very drunken Brooks saying something to that effect.  It is wrong.  If anything, I think that Vicki should have been a little harder on Brooks for doing what he did.  I think that might be why Briana is so upset with her.  Vicki sort of brushed the whole thing off.

That being said, he was clearly wasted and Ryan seemed to be baiting him.  If I were Briana, I would be angry too, and I wouldn't want to have any further contact with the guy either.  But I think I might also realize that he was very intoxicated and not really making sense.  I would also think that maybe my husband should get a life and do better things with his free time than get my mom's boyfriend drunk and make an incriminating recording of him.  I mean what were they going to do, submit it to a court of law?  When Ryan has an order of protection out against him by an ex-girlfriend himself?  And when he goes around yelling at 65 year-old women for putting their feet on a couch?

It doesn't take Angela Lansbury think Briana is trying to deflect the attention from her POS husband by putting all the attention on Vicki's issues.  Sound familiar?  She is her mother's daughter. 

• Love 4

AnnA, yes, there is a recording of a very drunken Brooks saying something to that effect.  It is wrong.  If anything, I think that Vicki should have been a little harder on Brooks for doing what he did.  I think that might be why Briana is so upset with her.  Vicki sort of brushed the whole thing off.

That being said, he was clearly wasted and Ryan seemed to be baiting him.  If I were Briana, I would be angry too, and I wouldn't want to have any further contact with the guy either.  But I think I might also realize that he was very intoxicated and not really making sense.  I would also think that maybe my husband should get a life and do better things with his free time than get my mom's boyfriend drunk and make an incriminating recording of him.  I mean what were they going to do, submit it to a court of law?  When Ryan has an order of protection out against him by an ex-girlfriend himself?  And when he goes around yelling at 65 year-old women for putting their feet on a couch?

It doesn't take Angela Lansbury think Briana is trying to deflect the attention from her POS husband by putting all the attention on Vicki's issues.  Sound familiar?  She is her mother's daughter. 

I think the phone call recording was just the final straw that broke the camels back for Brianna about Brooks. He first revealed/sold info about her pregnancy to the tabloids, which is why she then refused to have anything to do with him and I don't blame her. Brianna wasn't as hard lined against Brooks in the beginning, she disliked him yes but was not refusing to be around him until he revealed the private information, it was Michael that initially dislike Brooks and wanted nothing to do with him at all.

• Love 6

Not only was Ryan baiting him, the recording is garbled and stops and starts so much that it is very difficult to tell who Brooks is actually referring to when he says he will kick her ass. There are also lags in the  recording where you can tell they went from talking in person to talking on the phone. Ryan was clearly trying to set Brooks up and Brooks was so drunk he barely coherent. 

• Love 3

Not only was Ryan baiting him, the recording is garbled and stops and starts so much that it is very difficult to tell who Brooks is actually referring to when he says he will kick her ass. There are also lags in the recording where you can tell they went from talking in person to talking on the phone. Ryan was clearly trying to set Brooks up and Brooks was so drunk he barely coherent.

The fact that Brooks said he'd kick any woman's ass is disturbing to me. I don't care if he was referring to Briana or not. Also, does being shit faced drunk excuse a person who gets into a vehicle and drives home? No. I love how posters here rant one season about something a reality person does until the next season when they find someone to hate even more. (See Tamra Judge and the vitriol from last season).

I don't direct this at anyone specific. I can't recall who raked Tamra over the coals last season for the same stuff she's doing this season. I'm just saying this in general. We all despise Meghan so much that we can forgive Tamra for bringing up Brooks cancer with her psychic in the first place. It doesn't excuse Meghan's behavior, but it doesn't mean Tamra is off the hook either.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 3

The fact that Brooks said he'd kick any woman's ass is disturbing to me. I don't care if he was referring to Briana or not. Also, does being shit faced drunk excuse a person who gets into a vehicle and drives home? No. I love how posters here rant one season about something a reality person does until they hate someone else on the show more. (See Tamra Judge and the vitriol from last season).

I never said that his being drunk was an excuse. And I certainly never said that it wasn't disturbing. i was clarifying what the recording actually sounded like. There is no context around the conversations on the recording. We have no idea what they are talking about because it is garbled and is basically a bunch of non sequitur sentences from someone who is barely coherent. I'm certainly not defending Brooks. i am only saying that the recording does not really give us any actual information. 

• Love 3

I think the phone call recording was just the final straw that broke the camels back for Brianna about Brooks. He first revealed/sold info about her pregnancy to the tabloids, which is why she then refused to have anything to do with him and I don't blame her. Brianna wasn't as hard lined against Brooks in the beginning, she disliked him yes but was not refusing to be around him until he revealed the private information, it was Michael that initially dislike Brooks and wanted nothing to do with him at all.

brooks was on a radio show and announced Briana was pregnant.  Big deal.  Get over it Briana.  I think it is okay to dislike Brooks but I don't think it is okay to make your mom choose.  Ryan was far more aggressive to Judy than Brooks babbling about harming someone 100 miles away.  Yet Ryan is still in the mix and Briana would not allow anyone to point he is inappropriate with his words and aggression.

I never said that his being drunk was an excuse. And I certainly never said that it wasn't disturbing. i was clarifying what the recording actually sounded like. There is no context around the conversations on the recording. We have no idea what they are talking about because it is garbled and is basically a bunch of non sequitur sentences from someone who is barely coherent. I'm certainly not defending Brooks. i am only saying that the recording does not really give us any actual information. 

Briana was shaken by it she listened to it 500 times.  Go figure. 

• Love 4

I just find beating "her" up unacceptable. I think the tape was clear enough to draw the conclusion he was advocating violence against a woman, drunk or not. I'm no fan of Brianna but Brooks skeeves me out big time.

Edited by turbogirlnyc
  • Love 1

I don't think it's an ok thing to say and I don't like Brooks and I don't think he's even close to being acceptable. I also think it's a garbled, edited tape the Brianna and Ryan sat on until after Ryan was filmed threatening a woman.

• Love 3

brooks was on a radio show and announced Briana was pregnant.  Big deal.  Get over it Briana.  I think it is okay to dislike Brooks but I don't think it is okay to make your mom choose.  Ryan was far more aggressive to Judy than Brooks babbling about harming someone 100 miles away.  Yet Ryan is still in the mix and Briana would not allow anyone to point he is inappropriate with his words and aggression.

Briana was shaken by it she listened to it 500 times.  Go figure. 

It wasn't his story/news to reveal and it was more than just the pregnancy, didn't he also talk about their eloping/wedding as well? Brianna backed off Vicki dating Brooks but that doesn't mean she or her family have to be subjected to him either. I have no problem that she does not trust Brooks or want to be around him and I find it offensive that Vicki had no problems with him talking about her daughters private business. IMO, you mess with my kids, you are out of my life....PERIOD! I also don't care how many times Brianna listened to that recording of drunk Brooks reveal his true self about hitting women, drunk or sober, he promoted abusing women to "keep them in line" and more often than not, when you are drunk, you reveal/say your true feelings more so than when sober.

I don't think it's an ok thing to say and I don't like Brooks and I don't think he's even close to being acceptable. I also think it's a garbled, edited tape the Brianna and Ryan sat on until after Ryan was filmed threatening a woman.

They tried to get Vicki to listen to it for months, she refused to, before they did anything. I don't think they revealed it because of what happened with Ryan/Judy but only did so to force Vicki into listening to it and acknowledge what Brooks said as she had been denying that he would ever say something like that to begin with.

• Love 2

So Vicki visits Briana and not vice versa? Interesting.

When Vicki and Michael were having dinner together, Vicki said Ryan was having back surgery so she would go and be there "for Briana's birthday".

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 4

It wasn't his story/news to reveal and it was more than just the pregnancy, didn't he also talk about their eloping/wedding as well? Brianna backed off Vicki dating Brooks but that doesn't mean she or her family have to be subjected to him either. I have no problem that she does not trust Brooks or want to be around him and I find it offensive that Vicki had no problems with him talking about her daughters private business. IMO, you mess with my kids, you are out of my life....PERIOD! I also don't care how many times Brianna listened to that recording of drunk Brooks reveal his true self about hitting women, drunk or sober, he promoted abusing women to "keep them in line" and more often than not, when you are drunk, you reveal/say your true feelings more so than when sober.

They tried to get Vicki to listen to it for months, she refused to, before they did anything. I don't think they revealed it because of what happened with Ryan/Judy but only did so to force Vicki into listening to it and acknowledge what Brooks said as she had been denying that he would ever say something like that to begin with.

The newsbreak about the eloping was done by Briana she put it one Facebook before she even told her brother.  You always say, "what question were they answering?'  Maybe Brooks thought they had already announced the pregnancy-they told him.  Being pregnant is not private business for very long and  when you put it on a reality show-they announced not only the pregnancy  but the sex of the baby at their wedding.  I get Briana did not want Brooks talking about the show and that is her opinion.  He lives it he can talk about it if he wants.  It is not like anyone ever interviews Briana.  Briana was very in her mother's face about the whole wedding and elopement stuff.  I think she showed a total disregard for her mother's feelings.  Vicki like a lot of moms forgave Briana  and threw her a fairytale wedding.

I don't think I have ever seen anything as brutal as Briana deciding to destroy her mother at the Reunion that year.  No one deserves that type of treatment from an adult child.  Hard for her to complain about Brooks when what she did was far worse, including releasing transcripts.  Ungrateful human being. 

Briana hates Brooks, Brooks is gone, I hope her miserable mother camps on her doorstep until it drives Briana nuts.  Parents and adult children have no business trying to control each others' lives.  I don't particularly like Brooks but I don't think Vicki is going to land anyone much better because of her foibles.  Near the top of the list her effed up daughter, followed by the fact she is an adulterer, contributes a lot of support to her two children, she is duplicitous, has health issues, is not particularly attractive, she is loud, she is selfish, she  is closed minded and supposedly a workaholic.  If Vicki loses the show she is also makes a whole lot less money.

Personally, I think the Brooks/Vicki break up has more to do with the upcoming trial. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Personally, I think the Brooks/Vicki break up has more to do with the upcoming trial. 

You already know that I don't read the tabloids or gossip sites so it shouldn't surprise you that I don't know anything about an upcoming trial but now I am curious.  When you have the time, please post a link so I read about it.

• Love 1

The newsbreak about the eloping was done by Briana she put it one Facebook before she even told her brother.  You always say, "what question were they answering?'  Maybe Brooks thought they had already announced the pregnancy-they told him.  Being pregnant is not private business for very long and  when you put it on a reality show-they announced not only the pregnancy  but the sex of the baby at their wedding.  I get Briana did not want Brooks talking about the show and that is her opinion.  He lives it he can talk about it if he wants.  It is not like anyone ever interviews Briana.  Briana was very in her mother's face about the whole wedding and elopement stuff.  I think she showed a total disregard for her mother's feelings.  Vicki like a lot of moms forgave Briana  and threw her a fairytale wedding.

I don't think I have ever seen anything as brutal as Briana deciding to destroy her mother at the Reunion that year.  No one deserves that type of treatment from an adult child.  Hard for her to complain about Brooks when what she did was far worse, including releasing transcripts.  Ungrateful human being. 

Briana hates Brooks, Brooks is gone, I hope her miserable mother camps on her doorstep until it drives Briana nuts.  Parents and adult children have no business trying to control each others' lives.  I don't particularly like Brooks but I don't think Vicki is going to land anyone much better because of her foibles.  Near the top of the list her effed up daughter, followed by the fact she is an adulterer, contributes a lot of support to her two children, she is duplicitous, has health issues, is not particularly attractive, she is loud, she is selfish, she  is closed minded and supposedly a workaholic.  If Vicki loses the show she is also makes a whole lot less money.

It was not his place to announce anything about Briana, period. Anything that was about Briana/Ryan should have come from Vicki or Briana herself, not some guy that had only been "dating" Vicki for a few months. It is not like Brooks had spent much time around Briana at that point in time, it was not his place to say anything about Vicki's children in any way. I would not trust him either had it been me, nor would I want him around me after that, it would take a long time for him to earn any trust from me.

It was Briana's wedding, not Vicki's wedding and it should be what the bride/groom want, not what the mother of the bride wants. Even if the mother/parents are paying for it, that is unless the bride goes over a budget amount set by the mother/parents and I don't think that was the case here.

Briana was hard on Vicki at the last reunion and should have been more gentle but in all fairness, if I heard someone advise my husband to hit me and then my mother refused to listen to the evidence and make excuses for that man then cry that I was making her life harder, I would be furious as well.

As for Brooks being gone, I don't buy it. IMO, this is nothing new as they broke up before because of the legal mess they knowingly made together and then got back together as soon as the heat was off them. I am sure once this case is over for good, Vicki and Brooks will get back together in a heart beat.

• Love 2

You already know that I don't read the tabloids or gossip sites so it shouldn't surprise you that I don't know anything about an upcoming trial but now I am curious.  When you have the time, please post a link so I read about it.

If you Google Vicki's name and add lawsuit, you will see a whole slew of reports about it. It stems from her Vodka, "Vicki's Vodka" line and some alleged shady stuff pulled by Brooks AND Vicki. This all started 2 years ago I believe. 

Here is 1 link and if you scroll down to the bottom you can read from the beginning of this whole lawsuit. http://www.allabouttrh.com/tag/vicki-gunvalson-lawsuit/

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

If you Google Vicki's name and add lawsuit, you will see a whole slew of reports about it. It stems from her Vodka, "Vicki's Vodka" line and some alleged shady stuff pulled by Brooks AND Vicki. This all started 2 years ago I believe.

B

Here is 1 link and if you scroll down to the bottom you can read from the beginning of this whole lawsuit. http://www.allabouttrh.com/tag/vicki-gunvalson-lawsuit/

Thanks WireWrap!

I actually read all the reports. I wonder how pissed off Vicki must have been when Brooks sold the shares she gave him. I didn't know she had a vodka line. Maybe that's why Shannon likes her so much.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

At this point I sort of feel like Brianna has dug in her heels and is going to double down rather than admit any fault in this situation. She could put about 90% of this to rest just by saying "I don't like Brooks and I don't trust him, but he is a part of your life and I will respect that. Just like I expect you to respect my marriage with Ryan." But that's not going to happen. Truth be told I think Brianna is still more than a little embarrassed at how relatively well Vicki and Brooks come across on the show compared to her and Ryan so she's just going to stick to her guns rather than admit she may have overreacted to Brooks while ignoring some problems in her own home.

In other words, Briana, for all the talk over the years, turned out exactly like her mother, LOL

• Love 2

Thanks WireWrap!

I actually read all the reports. I wonder how pissed off Vicki must have been when Brooks sold the shares she gave him. I didn't know she had a vodka line. Maybe that's why Shannon likes her so much.

He, the partner, claimed that Vicki knew what Brooks was up to and was part of a scam to rip him off because Vicki demanded he give her back the shares he bought back from Brooks, hence the lawsuit. There were reports that Brooks sold the shares to pay back child support. IMO, Vicki knew Brooks needed the money for the back child support and did not want to get caught paying for it AGAIN because of all the bad press she got last time she did it, so she gave him shares in her vodka line so he could sell them and pay the child support himself. For someone that claims she is so smart with money, she is awfully stupid when it comes to mixing money and Brooks. LOL

ETA....I don't think her vodka line ever made it to production/market.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 1

He, the partner, claimed that Vicki knew what Brooks was up to and was part of a scam to rip him off because Vicki demanded he give her back the shares he bought back from Brooks, hence the lawsuit. There were reports that Brooks sold the shares to pay back child support. IMO, Vicki knew Brooks needed the money for the back child support and did not want to get caught paying for it AGAIN because of all the bad press she got last time she did it, so she gave him shares in her vodka line so he could sell them and pay the child support himself. For someone that claims she is so smart with money, she is awfully stupid when it comes to mixing money and Brooks. LOL

ETA....I don't think her vodka line ever made it to production/market.

She DEMANDED the shares back?   I could see if she offered to purchase them back but there's no reason for him to give them back to her. She's not as smart about business and money as she wants us to think she is.

She had a TH in the last episode and said something (I don't remember exactly what she said) about Meghan and wondering why Jim was with her.   Whatever her words were, it was exactly what anyone could say wondering why Vicki is with Brooks.

• Love 3

She DEMANDED the shares back?   I could see if she offered to purchase them back but there's no reason for him to give them back to her. She's not as smart about business and money as she wants us to think she is.

She had a TH in the last episode and said something (I don't remember exactly what she said) about Meghan and wondering why Jim was with her.   Whatever her words were, it was exactly what anyone could say wondering why Vicki is with Brooks.

That was the partners claim, Vicki wanted to still have the exact amount of share she had before she gave some to Brooks! She is a piece of work for sure.

Actually, as much as I dislike Brooks, I have to wonder why HE is/was with HER, other than her money! I haven't decided who is the bigger scammer/fool between the 2. LOL

• Love 1

Shut up, Meghan!

Heather and Terry didn't realize how much blood she'd lose from those leeches? Seriously?

Shut up, Meghan!

Whodathunk Shannon and Heather would be getting along now?

Shut up, Meghan! You mighf have breast cancer? Seriously? Shut up again, Meghan!

Maybe it's me, but I think driving downtown in lieu of using your storm shelter is NOT a Good Idea.

• Love 2

Vicki, as usual, even with a baby and a toddler was still the most immature person there re the storm shelter. Don't sorry about scaring the kids with your histrionics, asshole. I agree about driving downtown in lieu of the shelter. Shit simple idea, soldier.

• Love 5

Maybe it's me, but I think driving downtown in lieu of using your storm shelter is NOT a Good Idea.

I wasn't paying attention but didn't one of them mention going to get a steak dinner while riding out the storm downtown, a steak dinner in my opinion Vicky would be paying for?

• Love 1

Shut up, Meghan!

Heather and Terry didn't realize how much blood she'd lose from those leeches? Seriously?

Shut up, Meghan!

Whodathunk Shannon and Heather would be getting along now?

Shut up, Meghan! You mighf have breast cancer? Seriously? Shut up again, Meghan!

You would be surprised how many Dr.'s don't know much about leeches.

• Love 1

Vicki, as usual, even with a baby and a toddler was still the most immature person there re the storm shelter. Don't sorry about scaring the kids with your histrionics, asshole. I agree about driving downtown in lieu of the shelter. Shit simple idea, soldier.

Yes, Vicki is an asshole.

She's still throwing out the "I want my Mommy" for sympathy.  

Shut up Vicki!

• Love 2

AnnA, yes, there is a recording of a very drunken Brooks saying something to that effect....... 

That being said, he was clearly wasted and Ryan seemed to be baiting him...............  

But I think I might also realize that he was very intoxicated and not really making sense........  

Yes but we have to remember that old proverb....

"A drunken man's words are a sober man's thoughts."

• Love 2

Re: Brooks and his drunken, nasty phone call, I think it's important to remember that he admitted he said all that. He acknowledged that he was drunk, and said it's not really him, blah, blah, blah.... But to me - in vino veritas.

What's also interesting to me is how the show is making it seem like it's Brianna vs. Brooks, as if Brianna is the only one with a problem with him, but what really stood out to me earlier in the season was how Brooks wasn't allowed to go to Vicki's mother funeral with her because the rest of her family didn't want him there. Hmmm.... What's going on? The guy's shady.

• Love 4

Totally a guess , but, I always thought that Brianna was behind the no Brooks at the funeral because of something Ryan either threatened, or, something she was afraid that Ryan might do, if Brooks attended. I know Ryan has a military haircut, but, tonight he looked like the mental patient he should be.

• Love 3

Briana is so over the top with her "I don't want my family around this man" as if Brooks is going to beat up a baby. Though, it is kinda funny how the people in Vickie's circle (Meghan and Brianna/Ryan) have run sting operations on Brooks. I keep expecting a Scooby-Doo moment where they pull off his mask.

Bwah! Gold.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 3

Re: Brooks and his drunken, nasty phone call, I think it's important to remember that he admitted he said all that. He acknowledged that he was drunk, and said it's not really him, blah, blah, blah.... But to me - in vino veritas.

What's also interesting to me is how the show is making it seem like it's Brianna vs. Brooks, as if Brianna is the only one with a problem with him, but what really stood out to me earlier in the season was how Brooks wasn't allowed to go to Vicki's mother funeral with her because the rest of her family didn't want him there. Hmmm.... What's going on? The guy's shady.

I think it is just Briana and Ryan who had a problem with Brooks and Tamra worded it in such a way it sounded as if was the entire family.  Vicki's mother had stated she was making progress with Briana on the Brooks front.  Obviously Brooks and Vicki's brother are just fine.

• Love 3

There really aren't that many family choices as to who has a problem with Brooks in Vicki's family. We know Michael and Billy are fine with him. Don't think Vicki's sister (s?) would really know him well enough to hate him. Cousins and aunts and uncles wouldn't really have a say in who attends the funeral. That leaves Briana and Raging Ryan.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 5

I think it is just Briana and Ryan who had a problem with Brooks and Tamra worded it in such a way it sounded as if was the entire family. Vicki's mother had stated she was making progress with Briana on the Brooks front. Obviously Brooks and Vicki's brother are just fine.

Yeah, it seems Briana and her husband have problems with Brooks. Michael and everyone else seem to be cool with him.

Regarding the recording of Brooks it wasn't a phone call was it? I thought Ryan and Brooks we're drinking together and Ryan started secretly recording him. That whole thing seemed fishy to me. I'm not making excuses for Brooks but idk Ryan is a nutcase and seemed want total control over Vicki, Briana the house. Brooks said those things and he owned it (housewife speak ™) I just wonder how the subject of keeping your women in line came up?

Heather and everyone else acting shocked that Vicki is overreacting to the implications that Brooks is faking cancer, is making me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Vicki is a lunatic on a good day, she over reacts to everything! (family van, anyone). Her mother just died, Brooks has cancer, the new girl is gunning for her. Meghan is trying to make herself a center point in the storyline. Vicki hates new people. So her reaction to Meghan implying that Brooks is a big ol'fake seems just about right to me.

I wish they would all stop saying "why is Vicki over reacting hmm?" Are you all new? This is Vicki!

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 9

Yeah, it seems Briana and her husband have problems with Brooks. Michael and everyone else seem to be cool with him.

Regarding the recording of Brooks it wasn't a phone call was it? I thought Ryan and Brooks we're drinking together and Ryan started secretly recording him. That whole thing seemed fishy to me. I'm not making excuses for Brooks but idk Ryan is a nutcase and seemed want total control over Vicki, Briana the house. Brooks said those things and he owned it (housewife speak ™) I just wonder how the subject of keeping your women in line came up?

Heather and everyone else acting shocked that Vicki is overreacting to the implications that Brooks is faking cancer, is making me feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone. Vicki is a lunatic on a good day, she over reacts to everything! (family van, anyone). Her mother just died, Brooks has cancer, the new girl is gunning for her. Meghan is trying to make herself a center point in the storyline. Vicki hates new people. So her reaction to Meghan implying that Brooks is a big ol'fake seems just about right to me.

I wish they would all stop saying "why is Vicki over reacting hmm?" Are you all new? This is Vicki!

Michael may be "cool" with Brooks now but he was not for a while. In fact, I don't think Michael has had much to do with Brooks at all. He has lived away from Vicki, although in the same state with her, longer than Briana, Brooks never revealed personal information to the press/tabloids about him and he rarely sees Vicki/Brooks at all.

I don't think Ryan wants to "control" Vicki at all but does want to keep Brooks away from his family, Briana/kids and for good reason IMO. The recording started out on the phone when Brooks called for someone to come get him at the bar because Vicki refused to go pick up his drunk a$$ and Ryan continued to record when he went to the bar to get Brooks. Brooks was furious that Vicki refused to get him and drive him to his house/rental and that is what started the "keep you woman in line" by hitting them conversation. Brooks was already drunk before he called and well before Ryan started to record him.

• Love 2

Here's the recording.  Ryan must have had the tape recorder on his body. Brooks was shit-faced.  I did find it amusing that Ryan had no idea what Brooks meant when he said Vicki "read him the riot act."

http://starcasm.net/archives/240124

• Love 1

Brooks and Ryan were both drinking to the point neither could drive (although I question how drunk Ryan was since he thought to record a conversation) and Ryan decided to record the conversation.  I do think Ryan wanted to be more than a tenant at Vicki's and I also think the primary reason they moved into Vicki's is so Briana would have a PAID storyline.  There is a reason Briana went back to nursing in Oklahoma and I think it is because the Evolution Media checks stopped.  Briana found the perfect person because he can tolerate interim visits from Vicki, as long as she keeps the gifts coming be it a new Escalade or Evolution Media checks.  Briana and Vicki know that they have to spark controversy to get the footage on the air.  It just seems that Vicki is no longer willing to make their issues as public as she use to.

Furthering my suspicion Briana is trying to hang on to a Evolution Media/Bravo paycheck is when the Briana said she would stay at a hotel Vicki asked the cameras go down and said she did not want to talk about it,  Briana said she does want it on camera.  I believe Briana was saying that Brooks should not be traveling when he is under going chemo-something that she is generalizing about as there are different rules for different patients.  Briana claims that Vicki made it an issue when she moved Brooks into the "family home".  I see no reason why Brooks does not go visit his children or move into a hotel.  Who would want to be around Briana?   http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/episode-1014/videos?clip=2898232

This clips indicate they need to again have RH with kids of late teen years-this ongoing drama with Briana and Tamra's son Ryan and figuring out how to get them a paycheck is boring.  it makes no sense that Ryan would uproot his family and move to OC without a job and need mom to get pay for his housing.

• Love 2

Brooks and Ryan were both drinking to the point neither could drive (although I question how drunk Ryan was since he thought to record a conversation) and Ryan decided to record the conversation.  I do think Ryan wanted to be more than a tenant at Vicki's and I also think the primary reason they moved into Vicki's is so Briana would have a PAID storyline.  There is a reason Briana went back to nursing in Oklahoma and I think it is because the Evolution Media checks stopped.  Briana found the perfect person because he can tolerate interim visits from Vicki, as long as she keeps the gifts coming be it a new Escalade or Evolution Media checks.  Briana and Vicki know that they have to spark controversy to get the footage on the air.  It just seems that Vicki is no longer willing to make their issues as public as she use to.

Furthering my suspicion Briana is trying to hang on to a Evolution Media/Bravo paycheck is when the Briana said she would stay at a hotel Vicki asked the cameras go down and said she did not want to talk about it,  Briana said she does want it on camera.  I believe Briana was saying that Brooks should not be traveling when he is under going chemo-something that she is generalizing about as there are different rules for different patients.  Briana claims that Vicki made it an issue when she moved Brooks into the "family home".  I see no reason why Brooks does not go visit his children or move into a hotel.  Who would want to be around Briana?   http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/episode-1014/videos?clip=2898232

This clips indicate they need to again have RH with kids of late teen years-this ongoing drama with Briana and Tamra's son Ryan and figuring out how to get them a paycheck is boring.  it makes no sense that Ryan would uproot his family and move to OC without a job and need mom to get pay for his housing.

Ryan was MORE than just a tenant, he is Vicki's SIL, father to her only grandchildren, aka FAMILY. Briana and Ryan wanted to rent an apartment but Vicki wanted Briana living with her because Ryan was supposed to be deployed to Afghanistan AGAIN and Briana was pregnant with their 1st child. Neither B/R wanted Brooks around them because he revealed private/personal information about them to the press/tabloids, they did NOT trust him and I do NOT blame them at all. It was Brooks that pressured Vicki about not being allowed at the house because of the agreement/promise SHE made to B/R to get them to move in with her. IMO, Vicki said that Brooks would not be at the house thinking she could change Briana's mind AFTER Ryan left on his deployment, too bad for her that this date was pushed back and neither of them changed their minds about Brooks.

So what if Briana got paid by production when she was living with Vicki, we saw a lot of her and her family during that time. Without her/family, what did Vicki have by way of a storyline other than Brooks? Nothing IMO. I also don't think that Briana and Ryan expect anything from Vicki, be it money, cars, gifts or anything other than love/emotional support and I see no evidence to the contrary.

That clip does not have Briana saying that she wants to talk about it on camera but I think she did say that in the preview last week and I don't blame her. Vicki made Briana the bad guy last season, to the point that Briana took a LOT of heat for it even though Vicki had absolutely no problems with Brooks not coming to the house until the cameras started rolling and HE started pressing her, NOT Briana. Briana not wanting to stay with Vicki so that a "sick" Brooks can stay in his home alongside Vicki is not something to condemn Briana for, yet it has already turned into, "See, it's ALL Briana's fault and or How dare she"!

• Love 5

First Looks and previews are almost always edited to be misleading.  It's impossible for us to determine exactly what prompted Vicki to want the cameras shut down during her conversation with Brianna so it may not have been about anyone staying at a hotel.  I do think it's safe to assume it was about Brooks though.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

I think it is just Briana and Ryan who had a problem with Brooks and Tamra worded it in such a way it sounded as if was the entire family.  Vicki's mother had stated she was making progress with Briana on the Brooks front.

This came from Vicki, not her mother (her mother making progress with Brianna re: Brooks), so I take it with a grain of salt. Also, it was again Vicki, not Tamra, that said her family was not ok with Brooks going to the funeral.

Because the producers told them to. I think it was the producers who first had suspisions that Brooks didn't have cancer, so they instigated the whole topic by bringing in that dumb psychic. Just to get the ball rolling. I think Meghan and Heather and Tamra then had serious doubts, and the producers kept prodding them to question and accuse...

• Love 3

Ryan was MORE than just a tenant, he is Vicki's SIL, father to her only grandchildren, aka FAMILY. Briana and Ryan wanted to rent an apartment but Vicki wanted Briana living with her because Ryan was supposed to be deployed to Afghanistan AGAIN and Briana was pregnant with their 1st child. Neither B/R wanted Brooks around them because he revealed private/personal information about them to the press/tabloids, they did NOT trust him and I do NOT blame them at all. It was Brooks that pressured Vicki about not being allowed at the house because of the agreement/promise SHE made to B/R to get them to move in with her. IMO, Vicki said that Brooks would not be at the house thinking she could change Briana's mind AFTER Ryan left on his deployment, too bad for her that this date was pushed back and neither of them changed their minds about Brooks.

So what if Briana got paid by production when she was living with Vicki, we saw a lot of her and her family during that time. Without her/family, what did Vicki have by way of a storyline other than Brooks? Nothing IMO. I also don't think that Briana and Ryan expect anything from Vicki, be it money, cars, gifts or anything other than love/emotional support and I see no evidence to the contrary.

That clip does not have Briana saying that she wants to talk about it on camera but I think she did say that in the preview last week and I don't blame her. Vicki made Briana the bad guy last season, to the point that Briana took a LOT of heat for it even though Vicki had absolutely no problems with Brooks not coming to the house until the cameras started rolling and HE started pressing her, NOT Briana. Briana not wanting to stay with Vicki so that a "sick" Brooks can stay in his home alongside Vicki is not something to condemn Briana for, yet it has already turned into, "See, it's ALL Briana's fault and or How dare she"!

The mistake Vicki made and it was huge is letting her "family" tenants move in with conditions.  Vicki needs to let go of the controls-let them live in an apartment or better yet base housing.  Briana wanted to live at home because you can't get anyplace nearly as nice for $1,000.00 a month.  The deployment and all the rest is BS, Briana wants a paycheck and it does add to Vicki's storyline.  They seemed to move out when filming ceases.  I do believe when Briana moves out of state she has zero business dictating who lives with her mom.  If her mom is making arrangements to have Brooks off the property she can't all of a sudden feign concern for Brooks.  I don't know if this sequence was filmed out of order but by the time in the show's story timeline Brooks has given up chemotherapy.

What secrets did Brooks reveal other than allegedly saying Briana was pregnant when she was pregnant?  Briana and Ryan were the ones going on camera and blabbing about Brooks and Vicki.  What Brooks said in Mexico, the tape recordings, e-amils between Vicki and Brooks.  Vicki being somewhat of a miserable human being does not elevate Briana to acceptable.  Even in the brief clip Briana is the one claiming her mom is overreacting-Vicki did not want it filmed - maybe one of her more sane decisions.  I find Vicki and Briana boring and think Vicki needs to stick around during filming-she misses a lot of filming. 

• Love 2