Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: A Storm Is Coming

• Start Topic

I want to respond to this, in case anyone doesn't understand, finding you do not have the BRCA gene mutation does NOT mean that you will not get breast cancer.

You were responding to my post and I hope it didn't imply that.  If one doesn't have the BRCA gene mutation, it simply means one doesn't have the BRCA gene mutation...one less serious thing to worry about.

• Love 2

Yest. 12:22 pm

I just don't see any evidence that suggests the reservations people have about Ryan aren't warranted. Just because it's not caught on camera AGAIN for all to see doesn't mean he isn't repeating his ragey ways.  I hope he isn't but the demeanor of Vicki and Brianna around him does give me pause and I feel is enough to still be wary of this man. I mean hell people call Brooks all kinds of things and make all kinds of assumptions and honestly I don't see the smoking gun outside of very human flaws, errors in judgment and stupid (not physical) drunken behavior. Ryan has some serious Sketch going on in his world so to me alarm bells and worry doesn't seem like much of a stretch. Acting as if Ryan's messy trail ain't no thing is more of a stretch to me. Just sayin'

This is what I meant to respond to, but not sure how.

• Love 6

Another quoting trick if you only want to quote a few lines or a section of a post, is to copy what you want to quote, and then paste it into the reply text box. Once you have pasted the quote, select the entire thing, and then hit the little thought cloud in the text editor that is next to the red "block" icon. That will enclose the stuff you pasted into quote box.

Brianna has thyroid problems which is probably contributing to her fatigue and depression. She does look depressed to me.

She has always looked like that. Now that she is overweight, it's more noticable, but she's never been a very happy person, always grouchy and only seemed to have fun when she was drinking. That was really the only thing that she and Don bonded over, is they both liked to take shots. He became more like a drinking buddy when she was older. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 2

I doubt Vicki would ever push it that far. She already knows she's on thin ice on this subject. I think it's ridiculous to even think Vicki would be that stupid. I mean Vicki is Vicki and all that but Vicki's already expressed the helplessness of the situation and how much control she doesn't have so I don't see her jeopardizing the little bit of ground she's gained by doing something as outrageous and detrimental to their progress as that. No way in hell can I see that being the case.

Oh, no doubt such behavior would be outrageous.  But you've obviously never lived with a narcissist.  Outrageous is where they go when they believe they might not get their way.  Because the way they see it, NOT getting what they want in any given situation is simply not an option and they never give up the fight, even though they might feign.

• Love 7

Oh, no doubt such behavior would be outrageous.  But you've obviously never lived with a narcissist.  Outrageous is where they go when they believe they might not get their way.  Because the way they see it, NOT getting what they want in any given situation is simply not an option and they never give up the fight, even though they might feign.

Believe me I'm no stranger to narcissists.  Narcissists are human too and they, believe it or not, sometimes think about some of their behavior. Even narcissists can weigh the pros and cons of their actions. Especially in terms of what's in their best interest. Narcissists are self serving, not stupid.

• Love 3

Believe me I'm no stranger to narcissists.  Narcissists are human too and they, believe it or not, sometimes think about some of their behavior. Even narcissists can weigh the pros and cons of their actions. Especially in terms of what's in their best interest. Narcissists are self serving, not stupid.

True! BUT would Bravo hire a smart narcissist though? LOL

• Love 2

Regarding whether or not the children/spouses/boyfriends get paid for being on the show, it is my understanding they only get paid of they to the TH interviews. This came from something that Alex once said, but also from Teresa on the NJ show (I know she is a big liar, but....)  

Juicy did the interviews in the first season, but then she said he refused to do them anymore. She said this meant he would be out a paycheck, but that he didn't care because he hated to do them (this I believe, TH's mean more work and Juicy doesn't like more work). From what I understand, the TH's are grueling, and where folks can sometimes get themselves into trouble. They are asked and expected to answer questions honestly about the other people in a way they aren't doing in their scenes. Many people don't like to open themselves up to this kind of scrutiny.  It also shows that Bravo is more interested in them if they are asking for their opinions on the actions of others. If Bravo doesn't particularly care what their opinions are, they aren't going to set up the time for the interviews and they aren't going to get paid. Other people have speculated that a HW's contract/salary might be influenced by how many other people she brings along to film with. For instance Tamra might be paid more if she makes Eddie and Ryan available to film. That could be where Ryan is getting paid - Tamra gets a bigger paycheck for having him on the show. 

• Love 2

Regarding whether or not the children/spouses/boyfriends get paid for being on the show, it is my understanding they only get paid of they to the TH interviews. This came from something that Alex once said, but also from Teresa on the NJ show (I know she is a big liar, but....)  

Juicy did the interviews in the first season, but then she said he refused to do them anymore. She said this meant he would be out a paycheck, but that he didn't care because he hated to do them (this I believe, TH's mean more work and Juicy doesn't like more work). From what I understand, the TH's are grueling, and where folks can sometimes get themselves into trouble. They are asked and expected to answer questions honestly about the other people in a way they aren't doing in their scenes. Many people don't like to open themselves up to this kind of scrutiny.  It also shows that Bravo is more interested in them if they are asking for their opinions on the actions of others. If Bravo doesn't particularly care what their opinions are, they aren't going to set up the time for the interviews and they aren't going to get paid. Other people have speculated that a HW's contract/salary might be influenced by how many other people she brings along to film with. For instance Tamra might be paid more if she makes Eddie and Ryan available to film. That could be where Ryan is getting paid - Tamra gets a bigger paycheck for having him on the show. 

Juicy never got a paycheck because there are a line of creditors attaching anything they can from Juicy possible employment sources. The fraud scheme, as we know, really worked out well for the Giudices.  Same with Slade Smiley-withholding orders if he gets paid from Bravo. At one time Slade was ordered to get a real job since his reality career wasn't paying off.  For the most part they just pad the RH salary and it is up to her to keep the creditors at bay.  Juicy and Rosie did their own video series and I was always curious if perhaps they she got paid something extra for it.

I do believe Teresa was so dumb they had to write cue cards for her confessionals.  In some of them you can see her struggling to read.  I don't know that Joe is sober long enough to do an interview. 

I will see if I can find it Tamra's last season contract was up and it had something close to a bonus/incentive for things like legal matters and family drama.  She makes a lot of money and there is a big incentive for her to stir up trouble. There was this totally unbelievable scene with her learning of Ryan's impending marriage.  So fake Ryan was posting messages such as it is easy money and they are laughing all the way to the bank.

From time to time Brooks make public his fights with Vicki and they are usually over compensation.  I do believe had Vicki not brought Brooks forward she would have died on the vine about four seasons ago.  Brooks keeps things interesting and Tamra knows it-every time she takes him on it is supposedly ratings gold.  This week is humorous because she claims she is Brooks' biggest supporter.  No Brooks is her biggest storyline without Brooks Tamra has nothing.  She can overreact to be called a shit stirrer, she can pass gossip but she has to have a nemesis and that is Brooks.  No one cares about Ryan or her mother. 

• Love 4
I mean hell people call Brooks all kinds of things and make all kinds of assumptions and honestly I don't see the smoking gun outside of very human flaws, errors in judgment and stupid (not physical) drunken behavior.

I believe the 20/20 segment referenced below is indeed a "smoking gun" as far as him being a liar and a deadbeat.

Brooks was arrested not once but twice for being a deadbeat dad and a third time for a DUI.   I don't know if Vicki paid his bail and/or back support payments or not but she did write a letter to the judge on his behalf two months before she filed for divorce from Don.  It's all very easy to find with a simple search.  I  picked the first one on the list to post here.

http://www.realitytea.com/tag/brooks-ayers-child-support/

• Love 4

Juicy did the interviews in the first season, but then she said he refused to do them anymore. She said this meant he would be out a paycheck, but that he didn't care because he hated to do them (this I believe, TH's mean more work and Juicy doesn't like more work). From what I understand, the TH's are grueling, and where folks can sometimes get themselves into trouble. They are asked and expected to answer questions honestly about the other people in a way they aren't doing in their scenes. Many people don't like to open themselves up to this kind of scrutiny. It also shows that Bravo is more interested in them if they are asking for their opinions on the actions of others. If Bravo doesn't particularly care what their opinions are, they aren't going to set up the time for the interviews and they aren't going to get paid. Other people have speculated that a HW's contract/salary might be influenced by how many other people she brings along to film with. For instance Tamra might be paid more if she makes Eddie and Ryan available to film. That could be where Ryan is getting paid - Tamra gets a bigger paycheck for having him on the show.

That makes sense. I can see the contracts being contingent on cast members showing up to specific events and staying until they are dismissed or filming has wrapped. They probably have to do the end of year wrap party, x number of in town events, x number of trips, x number of in home shots, x number of talking heads, and so on. Bravo only pays people who agree to these terms. If you just want to hang around and film when you want, you don't get a check. On NYC I always thought that was the semantic argument Andy was having with Kelly over him "forcing" her to go to Scary Island. He likely told her if she didn't go she wouldn't have fulfilled her contract and wouldn't be paid. She thought of that as being forced, he thought of it as holding someone to their contract.

• Love 5

That makes sense. I can see the contracts being contingent on cast members showing up to specific events and staying until they are dismissed or filming has wrapped. They probably have to do the end of year wrap party, x number of in town events, x number of trips, x number of in home shots, x number of talking heads, and so on. Bravo only pays people who agree to these terms. If you just want to hang around and film when you want, you don't get a check. On NYC I always thought that was the semantic argument Andy was having with Kelly over him "forcing" her to go to Scary Island. He likely told her if she didn't go she wouldn't have fulfilled her contract and wouldn't be paid. She thought of that as being forced, he thought of it as holding someone to their contract.

It was rumored/reported that Aviva was fired for refusing to go on 2 of the HW trips, Berkshires and Montana, her last season.

• Love 2

So, Vicki is holding Troy in a store and says, "Yes, you can have anything you want for the rest of your life". In the next scene Troy is holding a ball, and, Vicki says, "No! Put that down. You can't have that ball." No mixed signals there. Poor kid.

• Love 4

That's pretty much my thesis. Funny enough,  It's the same thesis I I have for the paper The Position of Women in the Shang and Zhou Dynasties.

I'd still rather be a woman in the Shang or Zhoe Dynasty than be  any of the RHOOC ladies. Confucious reportedly said. The woman with no talent is the one who has merit, So, clearly our housewives are full of merit.

I'll write that one too.

Everything sucks when your feet hurt.

I believe foot binding started in the Shang period. Mmmmm..... having my feet broken and formed to become Golden Lotuses (sp?)  to fulfill some painful idea of beauty or a paycheck from Bravo...tough call.

Now come and play JennyMominFL!

So, Vicki is holding Troy in a store and says, "Yes, you can have anything you want for the rest of your life". In the next scene Troy is holding a ball, and, Vicki says, "No! Put that down. You can't have that ball." No mixed signals there. Poor kid.

And then she bought him the ball!

• Love 5

So...did Eddie see how Tamra lied to his face yet? Or had he already found out? Their relationship is the strangest one to me.

I'm amazed that he hasn't left her yet.  He has to know by now what a complete jerk he married.   He and poor Jimbo have much in common.  The world must be coming to an end, because I now adore Jim in comparison to the brain damaged/mentally ill troll he married - even though I've never, for a second, thought that there was any truth to the cancer storyline.  

Go away, Meghan.  Go away, Tamra.  PUHLEEEEEZE, go away, Vicki. 

• Love 1

One thing that irritates me to no end-this business about Brooks not travelling while undergoing chemotherapy.  Briana claimed this no travel in early April and Brooks had stopped chemo in January.  Last night on WWHL, Tamra pointed out that Vicki in no way wanted to make her daughter look bad when she was in Oklahoma.  I think Briana just did not want to stay with her mom-why not stay at the Disneyland Hotel and order room service? 

I will say because of Briana's irresponsible statements she now has Meghan claiming this as a reason Brooks doesn't have cancer.  I just hate it when these women mix their apples and oranges.  Another thing that was annoying was early in the season when Vicki threw out there, Briana doesn't think Brooks looks sick.  If Briana had not seen each other in two years how would Brianna know how Brooks looks?

• Love 1

I'm wondering if filming was going to be taking place during the time of the Brianna visit.  If so, there is less opportunity for heavy filming of Ryan if he's not staying at Vicki's.  Less opportunity for a filmed confirmation of Ryan's assholishness. 

Edited by zenme
  • Love 2

One thing that irritates me to no end-this business about Brooks not travelling while undergoing chemotherapy.  Briana claimed this no travel in early April and Brooks had stopped chemo in January.  Last night on WWHL, Tamra pointed out that Vicki in no way wanted to make her daughter look bad when she was in Oklahoma.  I think Briana just did not want to stay with her mom-why not stay at the Disneyland Hotel and order room service? 

I will say because of Briana's irresponsible statements she now has Meghan claiming this as a reason Brooks doesn't have cancer.  I just hate it when these women mix their apples and oranges.  Another thing that was annoying was early in the season when Vicki threw out there, Briana doesn't think Brooks looks sick.  If Briana had not seen each other in two years how would Brianna know how Brooks looks?

I honestly don't think Vicki confides in Briana about Brooks cancer because she doesn't want to hear anything Briana might say or ask. I don't think Briana knew that Brooks had decided to stop all chemo treatments when Vicki went to see her.

• Love 3

Not just an SUV, but a MERCEDES SUV! They were driving away in it to go to the restaurant. I saw another vehicle in the garage, also. Some kind of a jeep. Vicki's car gift was totally unnecessary. What a waste, why would they need another car?  Those kids must be doing pretty well for themselves. Unless of course, it was all a bunch of manufactured fake BS for the show.... I mean really, who has THREE vehicles delivered to a house and says, here you go honey, pick which one you want. And Brianna chooses the monstrous Chevy. I noticed the emblem on the steering wheel. I guess Chevy wanted to plug their product. 

I just finished watching the episode On Demand. Briana said she wanted the Yukon. Maybe the Mercedes SUV was their old car? The dealer might not have left the car Briana chose that day. Idk.

• Love 1

I just finished watching the episode On Demand. Briana said she wanted the Yukon. Maybe the Mercedes SUV was their old car? The dealer might not have left the car Briana chose that day. Idk.

Perhaps they sold Ryan's pick up or the lease was up on the Mercedes. 

• Love 1

I just saw the first part of this episode this evening where Brianna is talking with Ryan re: the impending storms.  She said the warning is from 4 until 10 (assuming p.m.).  No way no how does a tornado warning last that long.  Had to have been a watch, which just means that conditions are more likely for a tornado, not that there definitely is a tornado coming your way.  I get that they're new to the area, but if I lived in an earthquake zone or hurricane zone, you can be damned sure that I'd know the basics or get myself educated right away.  No one would stay in a storm cellar for 6 freaking hours.

If they were filming this last spring, there wasn't all that much activity.  There hasn't been much in the way of major tornado outbreaks the entire year in the US.  (I started following storm chasing online, and there was not much activity in 2015 as in prior years - most chases ended up with zero sightings).

Then Ryan said he'd feel better downtown with all of the big buildings around them.  Uh, yeah if it's a big tornado, those windows will shatter, plus with big storms is the chance for flash flooding - not sure I'd want to have a long drive home.  This all had to be producer driven?? They cannot be this clueless??

• Love 1