Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E14: A Storm Is Coming

• Start Topic

It all depends on where you stand on Brooks' cancer - real or scam? I obviously think it's a scam, so none of these arguments make sense to me. And you don't have to be a nurse that works with oncologists to know that a stage three cancer patient, having just finished a round of chemo, shouldn't travel. Heck, even I know that, and I'm no doctor! Vicki's house of cards is unraveling, and she's running scared.

I know it too! And it's for a very good reason. Chemo (regardless of the type) wrecks havoc on the immune system. Patients undergoing chemo have to be extremely careful about catching the flu or even a cold. Their bodies can't fight normally and both the flu and the common cold could turn into pneumonia.

• Love 6

But Brooks isn't traveling to take an exciting trip to Europe like you are, he's "traveling" just to vacate the premises while Brianna's in town. In other words, there's no "I'm going to live my life, damnit!" attitude going on here. Plus, that's great that you have your doctor's consent to go on your trip, which makes me wonder how Brooks' doctor feels about his traveling?

IIRC , wasn't Jen Arnold traveling a bit while on Chemo? Consent might be the wrong word for my doctor. I didn't ask,but she would definitely tell me if she felt it was super high risk. I always go see her a month or so before a big trip. She knows when I travel. I traveled last year during the whole ebola thing. I went to Ca in Feb during the measles epidemic.  I had my titers done and felt protected. And honestly, even If I was warned that it was high risk I would probably go anyway.

But I have been HIV pos for 25 years and am quite comfortable with my status. I will get a flu shot tomorrow and take basic precautions. I feel like I know when I am OK.  

But the point I was trying to make, is that the fact that he has been recieving chemo is not the whole picture and may not mean he can't travel, regardless of the reason 

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 8

I see it differently,  I think Vicki asked Brooks to stay in a hotel (or he volunteered) during Briana's visit, to honor Briana's feelings because she'd rather have her daughter and grandkids stay with her so she (it's all about her, as usual) can spend more time with them.  I honestly don't think she's trying to make Briana look like the bad guy.

But this completely leaves out the cancer angle. Plus, Vicki very specifically said that Brooks wasn't just leaving the house for their visit, but "traveling." That word alone makes Brianna look like a jerk (which is why Brianna kept referencing Brooks' "sick bed.")

• Love 3

I felt for Brianna, being so happy to go out for dinner. I am not familiar with military life, but wouldn't there be other youg wives/moms for her to socialize with on or near base?

Usually there are. But, are they right near OKC? Is there even a big base there?  IS Tinker AFB big? He could be part of some sort of small detachment.

And I have to say this, but Brianna is an upper class girl from the OC. She may feel she is above the other wives.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 3

Usually there are. But, are they right near OKC? Is there even a big base there? He could be part of some sort of small detachment.

And I have to say this, but Brianna is an upper class girl from the OC. She may feel she is above the other wives.

Huge Air Force Base here...Tinker. There are even a few Navy squadrons here. Edited by Mischievious
  • Love 2

Huge Air Force Base here...Tinker. There are even a few Navy squadrons here.

I had just edited Tinker in to my post. I know very little about AF bases. I've flown Space A out of Ramstein, but that's it. Maybe he is an airplane mechanic of some sort. That's what my brother was, and that could put Ryan at non Marine bases

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 1

When I moved cities with small children, I didn't instantly make friends. She doesn't live on the base where she would meet other military and she is working. How do you find the time to meet new people? Plus, I'm sure that this is temporary to her. Vicki should travel to Brianna. Travelling with small children is a hassle. Brianna's time and effort belong to her husband and children now. Vicki should not be making demands.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 13

I think the reason why Briana wanted to continue on camera was because she believes that Brooks is fake.  Whether he is or isn't, I don't know for sure.  But she does and I think that's her reasoning. 

Briana was totally wrong to say that her mother shouldn't have someone living in her house that her family doesn't like.  That's up to Vicki.  And I think that the reality is that Vicki doesn't like Ryan but with two grandchildren, she deals with it.  At least on camera.

Yet, she has never bad-mouthed or berated Ryan on camera, even after he reamed out Lydia's sweet Mom because she had her feet on the couch. There's a lot about Vicki that's pretty unlikable, but I respect her for that.

• Love 18

Briana said she works two jobs in two separate emergency rooms. Add that to having two small children, there's probably little time to socialize.

I worked full time when I (we) lived in an apartment off base when my husband was in the service. I met only a few women married to men in the service and none of them worked. They had small children and stayed at home so I can understand Brianna not making friends.

Thank you for your service.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 14

When I moved cities with small children, I didn't instantly make friends. She doesn't live on the base where she would meet other military and she is working. How do you find the time to meet new people? Plus, I'm sure that this is temporary to her. Vicki should travel to Brianna. Travelling with small children is a hassle. Brianna's time and effort be

I've been in my house is Orlando for more than 3 years and I barely know my neighbors at all. I have no friends here. I'm an introvert. Most of my friends live in Europe. Maybe she is an introvert and doesn't make friends easily.

And after reading the post above me, with 2 babies and 2 jobs, she may not have time for friends.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 15

I can understand that Briana hasn't made new friends.  As someone who made a move a few years ago, it's hard to meet people that you 'connect' with.  Plus, she's holding down two jobs with two little kids.  She's busy, to say the least. 

• Love 14

My husband just retired from the Army and we always had friends. I met a lot of spouses through my husband's friendships, but this could be part of the reason why Brianna has no friends. Maybe her husband's co-workers don't care for him, so he's not invited to people's functions. You would think she'd get along with her own co-workers as well, and make friends that way...Guess not.

• Love 12

But this completely leaves out the cancer angle. Plus, Vicki very specifically said that Brooks wasn't just leaving the house for their visit, but "traveling." That word alone makes Brianna look like a jerk (which is why Brianna kept referencing Brooks' "sick bed.")

Briana hated Brooks before the cancer angle, so none of that really makes a difference.  If Vicki told Briana on camera that Brooks would be traveling during that time, it was to prevent her from feeling and looking like the bad guy.  If she had told her on camera that Brooks decided to stay in a hotel or she asked him to, that would make Briana look and feel like the bad guy for kicking him out of his alleged 'sick bed'.  Again, I don't think Vicki is trying to make Briana look bad at all. If anything, the 'traveling'; excuse was to not make her look or feel bad.

Having said all that, we all have differing opinions about the cast and their motives, and I totally respect (and enjoy reading!) yours, even if I might not always agree. :)

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 11

I can understand that Briana hasn't made new friends. As someone who made a move a few years ago, it's hard to meet people that you 'connect' with. Plus, she's holding down two jobs with two little kids. She's busy, to say the least.

Agreed, and in my experience,the older you get, the harder it is to make new true friends (vs. acquaintances).

• Love 17

Briana was totally wrong to say that her mother shouldn't have someone living in her house that her family doesn't like.  That's up to Vicki. 

I'm Team Briana on this episode, and yet I, too, don't agree with her on that one point. Vicki can do what she wants, and Briana has to accept it, but of course the same goes for Vicki needing to accept Briana's choices.

I also think the comment takes on a different meaning when you live in Vicki's world, and she constantly tells you that you're "her life," and you and your kids are her "top priority," and yet, in reality, she often prioritizes Brooks, and has no problem making you look bad in order to protect her bf.

• Love 17

Why would Briana leave her husband in Oklahoma where they have their own home to stay with her idiot mother?  It's not like she's stuck with the kids in some dinky on base housing.  My BIL was career Navy and his wife and kids traveled from base to base, including Puerto Rico.  We would have thought it very odd if they didn't.  And they were on dinky base housing for much of his career.

• Love 6

I think it's the other way around. Vicki was putting Brianna in a bad position by having Brooks leave his house for their visit - a man supposedly fighting stage three cancer. That's the only reason Brianna offered to stay in a hotel. I thought it was a reasonable and mature solution.

Why did Briana think it necessary to bring up on camera and then position to see who was going to look good or bad?  I just though it an unnecessary conversation-why did Briana want to continue it?    No one cares if Brooks is really traveling or not.  Briana is the one inserting all these rules.  So is she going to stay in a hotel and then have her mom drive over and spend all day in a hotel room?  Think of her kids not her ego. 

• Love 4

It all depends on where you stand on Brooks' cancer - real or scam? I obviously think it's a scam, so none of these arguments make sense to me. And you don't have to be a nurse that works with oncologists to know that a stage three cancer patient, having just finished a round of chemo, shouldn't travel. Heck, even I know that, and I'm no doctor! Vicki's house of cards is unraveling, and she's running scared.

Since when is Brooks just finishing a round of chemo?  He has stopped chemo-it has been the biggest storyline of the season and his treatments were six weeks apart.  I don't about no traveling after chemo.  We had a neighbor with breast cancer and she had chemo every three weeks and took cruise in between chemo sessions.  So my experiences differs from others here.    The lady died but not from traveling right after chemo.

There is no house of cards. . .it is too many people picking apart these people's lives.  Vicki in the present time keeps talking about the cancer so I am doubting it is a made up scenario.  What I can't see is Tmara and Vicki's friendship surviving.

• Love 8

What right does Vicki have to DEMAND Brianna not stay in a hotel...to quote Vicki...You're not saying in a hotel and that's it.  As if Brianna was a child.  Brianna was right on the money about the car...Vicki was using it to hold on as tightly as she could to Briana and continue to have some say in her life.

• Love 12

Ugh, thought I didn't have to see ragey Ryan's mug again.

The more I look at them the more Brianna and Ryan are starting to look alike and that is unfortunate for Brianna.  I can't imagine what attracted her to him.  It certainly couldn't have been his personality.  And for goodness sakes, let the little boy grow some hair.  Maybe then he won't look so much like his father.

• Love 9

Does anyone else think that after this episode that we got a big clue that "traveling" has been code for "doesn't want to film" all this time?  Vicki just admitted that Brooks is going to be staying at a hotel in the OC instead of traveling, which makes me figure that a good portion of Brooks' other trips are just excuses for not being on camera, chemo or no chemo.

• Love 12

Why did Briana think it necessary to bring up on camera and then position to see who was going to look good or bad?  I just though it an unnecessary conversation-why did Briana want to continue it?    No one cares if Brooks is really traveling or not.  Briana is the one inserting all these rules.  So is she going to stay in a hotel and then have her mom drive over and spend all day in a hotel room?  Think of her kids not her ego.

The conversation was started by Vicki when she asked where everyone would be staying ("so we'll put Troy upstairs..."), so Briana then mentioned staying in a hotel so as not to kick a man out of his house/sick bed. The cancer story is vital to this whole exchange. "Traveling" is only important because it makes Briana question why someone in Brooks' condition would hit the road in order to vacate the house. Otherwise, I'm sure she wouldn't have cared, and the arrangement to have Brooks leave temporarily would have been fine. Lastly, I have no idea why Briana and the kids are visiting, but if Vicki wants to see them, then of course she can drive to the hotel, or do other things to spend time with them. It's a rather small concession to make while the love of her life boyfriend, who Briana doesn't like or trust, is battling cancer and recuperating at home.

• Love 9

If it were anyone but Vicki I'd agree that the veracity of Brooks' cancer claims would be off limits.  However, were the shoe on the other foot, Vicki would not stay out of it.  Look how she ripped into Slade and Gretchen...none of her business AND Brooks had the same problem with unpaid child support but Vicki still stomped and screamed at them.

• Love 10

I just read Briana differently with all the why should I look bad crap. Then going on and on about her mom leaving and overreacting. Briana just seems to try too hard. How many times did she mention the car? You got a car, thank you mom, move on. Then it became was the car a gift to silence me-no one cares about Vicki and Brooks at this point, and where they sleep. If Briana doesn't want to have her kids around brooks good for her but then don't say, "I don't want to be the bad guy." Noble you want to keep your kids holed up in a hotel room so you won't look like the bad guy.  Why does Briana bother to go to California if mom is back east every three weeks?

• Love 5

Does anyone else think that after this episode that we got a big clue that "traveling" has been code for "doesn't want to film" all this time?  Vicki just admitted that Brooks is going to be staying at a hotel in the OC instead of traveling, which makes me figure that a good portion of Brooks' other trips are just excuses for not being on camera, chemo or no chemo.

When did Vicki say that Brooks was staying in a hotel in the OC as opposed to traveling?

• Love 1

I have no problem with her decision to stay in a hotel, I only questioned why she was so insistent that they continue discussing it on camera. She could easily voice her side of the story in her TH's, which she did.

There's no guarantee her TH would make it into the episode. They tape hours of those things, only to show a few seconds.

When Brianna and Vicki were arguing, did anyone hear Brianna say something like - I feel like you're trying to buy my silence with the car?

• Love 12

There's no guarantee her TH would make it into the episode. They tape hours of those things, only to show a few seconds.

When Brianna and Vicki were arguing, did anyone hear Brianna say something like - I feel like you're trying to buy my silence with the car?

Very true, I didn't think of that.

As for "I feel like you're trying to buy my silence with the car", YES, I heard that!  I don't know what to make of it because we only see what's on camera.  Is Briana a jerk for assuming and saying something like that, or has Vicki really sunk that low?  I think Ryan doesn't like Vicki, so I'm assuming he puts a lot of shit in Briana's head under the guise of 'caring husband', being that he's a raging, control freak, but who knows?

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 9

Yup. That's exactly what she said. Vicki has always used her money to manipulate her kids.

I also agree about the TH interviews. Briana has no control over those. (Since she's not a HW, she's also not guaranteed them). The only thing she can control is what she says in conversations that are filmed.

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 5

Ummm...ok, native Texan here so maybe a little jaded regarding tornado safety, but I have no idea what Brianna was talking about. They were gonna sit in their shelter for the entire time there was a tornado warning? Or else, go out to eat downtown? What?!? We will either be excessively safe or just go out and say, eff it?

I'm a native Californian who lived in tornado alley for a few years. The first time the watch turned warning, I spent hours in my bathroom listening to the radio for updates. Although the sirens did not work, the tornado touched down on the other side of town. All my co-workers laughed at me the next day and I wasn't so paranoid for subsequent watches/warnings. I agree with Brianna in that I prefer earthquakes. I hate the build up of watches/warnings that never amount to anything. There's none of that for an earthquake.

• Love 2

This. She doesn't even need to give a reason, imo. Many posters don't care for Brooks, as well. I'm neutral on Brooks, but I do not find Brianna unreasonable. She doesn't live near Vicki; as I recall, she was not comfortable staying with her mother awhile back (Vicki was redecorating and having Brooks around after she said she wouldn't.) Brianna is a self-supporting adult and Vicki is invasive and selfish. If I were Brianna, I wouldn't stay with her. She has a houseguest that is not family to Brianna and that can be uncomfortable. I think she didn't believe Vicki when Vicki asserted that Brooks would not be there. Vicki has a way of doing what she wants.

And what are the accomodations in the house with Brooks there? Too many variables.

ITA SFoster21...Brianna is a self supporting adult who can/should determine where she's staying when visiting her mother in Orange County. From past experience Vicki has been unreliable, untrustworthy and mentally off balance when it comes to her blind loyalty towards Brooks. Your right on target...why should Brianna trust that Brooks wouldn't stop by the house when she and Ryan are out visiting friends at Vicki's invitation. If Vicki was babysitting...I wouldn't trust her to keep Brooks away from the boys.

I am also sympathetic when Brianna mentioned her nursing profession and how it would look to the TV audience if "she kicked a cancer patient out of his bed." She further stated a chemo patient traveling away from home can lead to pneumonia. This obviously is an issue Vicki would like to sweep under the rug, but that Brianna sees as a professional and moral complication.

Who was the other guy Vicki mentioned who would sleep upstairs if Brianna, Ryan and the kids were guests at the house? In the past she had someone from her office living with her...maybe he's still living there?

Edited by talula
  • Love 8

Briana answered this very question. Because Vicki does everything to protect Brooks, and it makes Brianna look like the bad guy. Every time. Brianna's been on the show a long time - as long as Vicki. She knows how it works.

Excellent point...Brianna has never accepted Brooks right from the get go. There were many disagreements over him (grifter) and even though Ryan taped a conversation where Brooks told him to slap Brianna to keep her in line...Vicki still sided with Brooks. Should a daughter warn her mother about living with someone she feels is a money grubbing TV fame whore...I believe so! Is Brianna entitled to keep her family away from Brooks...yes IMO. Can Vicki be trusted to keep Brooks away from Brianna's family...sadly no.

I don't even trust that Brooks and Vicki really broke up recently. There's just something sketchy about the two of them.

• Love 16

I don't even trust that Brooks and Vicki really broke up recently. There's just something sketchy about the two of them.

Oh it's definitely not real, or not permanent. It was a calculated move to help Vicki through the end of the season, as she and Brooks didn't expect the cancer storyline to go down the way it did.

• Love 13

The most embarrassing thing about this is that I rewound and re-watched some scenes more times than I care to admit.

Lawd, Meghan cutting up those onions - a MESS! Did anyone here the ridiculousness coming out of her mouth though? She said that Vicki acting like she is towards her re: Brooks' cancer is doing the opposite of  convincing everyone of his illness because she is the only person with cancer experience and she is pushing her (Meghan) away. Yes she said that - one of the scenes I shamefully rewound and re-watched. 

Gotta admit minus the circus tits Tamra looked great in that lace onsie.

Alright now, all Saddleback's 3,000 members from the afternoon service please give me an Amen over Eddie's statement about Ryan. Truer words never spoken. That little rodent couldn't even support himself, than he goes out and finds an instragram cougar with 3 damn kids to hook up with, knocks her up with another and expects his mom and stepfather to support them all? Bitch please! Also, when Tamra originally gave him that money it sounded like it wasn't a loan. RatRyan actually said that that was one hell of a gift. Does his fiancee have any money? What is she contributing as far as rent goes?

I love how everyone is saying that Vicki is flipping out, acting disproportionately about the accusations that Brooks may not be ill. Hell, this is tepid if you ask me. Sound the wrong family van to her house if you really want to see crazy.

Holy sassafrass, Vicki's grandkids are the spitting image of their father. 

I can understand that it is hard to make friends in your late 20s with  a recent move, 2 jobs, 2 young kids under 3, but don't they at least mingle with other military families? I know they don't live on a base but you would think there would be contact of some sort.

Briana withholds herself and her kids to get Vicky to conform to what she wants. As much as I am looking forward to grandchildren, I don't think I would bend to that kind of manipulation. 

Ryan IS in the Marines and he is stationed in OK. How is she, Briana, withholding anything from Vicki? Briana/Ryan are living where the Marines sent him, it is not like they get to pick and chose where he is stationed. IMO, it is Vicki that is trying to bribe/control/guilt Briana, not the other way around.

It's not manipulative to choose to live states away from your parents. It's NOT. Brianna and her husband did what was best for their family, end of story. They are grownups and that's what grownups do. They could have chosen to live in Australia and Vicky would need to suck it up and accept it. I know there's a lot of hate for Brianna, but I'm totally on her side. I'm sure it was a tough decision and they weighed the pros/cons. Anyway, it seems like Vicky has accepted it and was very positive about it in this episode, so it really doesn't matter if we think it's unfair to Grandma Vicks.

OK, here goes. I believe in theory with the last quoted post - It is not manipulative to choose to live states away from one's parents. The reason I say 'in theory' is because I just can't flat out say that Brianna isn't in some sense a tad (or more) manipulative. One of her TH's gave me so much pause that  yeah, I did the old rewind and re-watch because I couldn't believe what I was hearing. She says in a TH about 21 minutes in and I quote: "I would love nothing more than to move back to OC, but there is no way that is going to happen with Brooks living in my family home." I completely agree that Brianna has the absolute right as a mother not to want to have her kids around Brooks but I can't look at this statement and say she isn't in some way manipulative.  This is her right but it does strike me as I want to move back but won't unless he is gone outta my mama's house. So she will not move closer to her family with Brooks living in her mom's house? Is that even enough or will Vicki have to stop seeing him altogether to suit Brianna's requirements?

Also, I think Brianna has always from 'go' used the show as some kind of battering ram. It is not enough that she disapproves of Brooks, refuses to be around him but she has to do some type of expose every season? She asks why move someone into the family home that family doesn't approve of. Well, Mike seems to be okay with him or does only Brianna's opinion count? I am not even a fan of Brooks and think even Vicki  can do better but her and Vicki are different sides of the same coin to me. I don't know why it has to be reduced to an asshole off for her (Bri) - Brianna or Brooks looking like the bad guy. Regardless, someone isn't staying in the house and Vicki already made her choice that it would be Bri and her grandbabies over Brooks. I would never in a million years have thought that either party looked bad so it is funny to me that Brianna's mind works that way. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 8

Maybe it is hard to find a nice house for SIX(!!!) people, as Ryan now comes with a family. I mean Eddie is right, he's supporting another man's family. Ryan will never be able to afford that lifestyle.

When Eddie said that, it didn't even occur to me that "another man's family" meant Ryan was the man.  I swear, I thought he meant Ryan's father, and Ryan was the family Eddie was supporting, because in my mind Ryan just doesn't register as a man.  And I certainly can't think of all those other kids as Ryan's family...the whole situation is just too much of a big, sloppy mess for me to ever see it as anything remotely family-like.  I picture Ryan's wife supporting them all, and Ryan only occasionally helping to change his own baby's diapers when the smell starts to bother him as he watches TV.  Normally, I fast-forward past everything Tamra & Eddie, so I was glad for the preview that Eddie was going to lay down the law about giving Ryan money so I could make sure to watch that scene.  I'm sure her talking head where she dismissed Eddie's demand that the loan be repaid with a shrug and an "of course Ryan's never going to pay me back" went over really well tonight. 

None of Vicki's gifts are given without motive. She wants to be thanked and thanked and thanked and thanked, and even wanted to make sure the toddler understood the gifts were from her, and said "thank you Nana!".  Every time she has spoken to Briana on the phone since that day she's asked her, "Do you love the car I gave you?  Do you think of me every time you're in it?", guaranteed.  Brianna will never stop hearing about the car, and unless she really desperately needed it and couldn't have afforded it herself, then she should have put her foot down and just said no.  It's not worth it, in my opinion, to accept a gift from someone if it means they are going to hold it over your head for guilt or manipulation.  Vicki saying that she works so hard, and that it's not easy for her to just give a new car away are words Brianna has by now probably heard 10,000 times.  When I first married Mr. Irritable, his mother gave us a beat up, tarnished brass bed frame that came from the house of one of her dead ex-husbands.  She had not bought it herself, she was getting rid of it anyway, and we basically hauled it away for her.  She mentioned it every time we saw or spoke to her, for years, saying things like, "I'm so glad I was able to give you that bed so you have somewhere to sleep" and "Are you still enjoying the beautiful brass bed I gave you?" and "Didn't I do good, giving you that bed?"  We're talking hundreds of times per year she wanted us to thank her for the bed and acknowledge that she made our lives better.  Finally, we bought a new bed and frame, and the same day we drove the brass bed to her house and stuck it in her garage.  I never wanted to hear about it again for the rest of my life, and I have never accepted anything from her since because I just can't take it.  If she had given us something of large value like a car, I would be in a padded room by now. 

After my father remarried (**shudder**), there were many reasons why I could not stand to stay in his house when I visited.  I much preferred to spend the money for a hotel room than have to be in that house with that woman. Granted, I didn't have kids in tow, but as an adult, it was my prerogative to stay where I felt more comfortable, and that meant in a loud hotel room by the airport.  My dad didn't like it, but that was too bad, it was the only way to preserve any shred of fake happiness throughout the course of my visits.  For Brianna, she probably would prefer it, too.  It's just easier in a lot of big ways that make the little inconveniences not matter much.   It allows her to control her family's surroundings, it allows Vicki to keep her current home situation intact, and in theory, would work fine if Vicki didn't always go completely batshit insane the second she's told something that doesn't go according to her plan.  Brianna does not automatically expect Brooks to be ejected from the house during their visit, she accepts that he lives in Vicki's house, she doesn't want to be there with him, so she made a Plan B.  Once Vicki started acting crazy, Brianna probably started getting pissed, too, and then it just turned into a mother-daughter fight where Brianna wasn't even thinking about the mic packs anymore.  I'm Team Brianna on this.

How could Vicki say, "I'm scared and I want my mommy!" and then in the same breath tell Brianna how lucky she was to have HER mother there? Yes, Vicki, I'm sure watching you lose your shit over a tornado that was not even happening was a great source of strength and comfort to Brianna. I kept wishing during dinner that Vicki would stop bouncing the infant when he was already content and resting against her.  Jut calm the hell down, lady. About everything.

• Love 23

So the Dubrow's skin care is called Consult Beaute.....reminds me of Gretchen Beaute....

YES! YES! That was the first thing I though of when they showed the name on the bottles, hahahaha!!! Who the hell do they think is going to buy that crap?

Agree with the above poster that having grown up in the Chicago suburbs Vicki is very familiar with tornados. I, too, grew up in the 'burbs of Chicago and remember many a time of having to go to the basement when a warning was issued. Luckily it was a nice finished basement with all our toys but we were still scared. To this day I will not live in a house without a basement. Vicki likes to act like a little girl with her "Oooo, I'm so SCARED" crap and her "I need my mommy" schtick because she thinks it makes her look young and cutsie. She needs to get it through her thick skull that she IS old, not nursing home old, but not young and sexy and cutsie (doubt she ever was sexy or cutsie). I couldn't believe she said she needed her mommy when Brianna told her about the tornado.SHE is the one who is supposed to be comforting Brianna, no the other way around!

IMO, Vicki cooked up the whole "Brooks has cancer" thing as a way to have a storyline, to garner sympathy for herself, and to make people feel sorry for Brooks so he won't be so hated by the audience. Vicki just loooves to be the object of sympathy.

Vicki is pissed at Meghan for outing Brooks but IMO, she is more pissed that Meghan called her old and bitter. She will never forgive Meghan for that comment but I thought it was awesome, LOL! Vicki needs to come to terms with her age. She drives me absolutely bat shit crazy with the too low cut, too short, too tight clothes. UGH! Dress your age, PLEASE! Seeing Vicki in that tight white dress last week that was pulling across her fat sagging tummy was about to make me throw up. Take a clue from Heather, who I can't stand, but who always dresses for her age. Heather has a great figure that allows her to wear fitted clothes that show off her figure but not in a tacky way. And enough with the screaming "WHOO HOO!" At her age it comes off as a pathetic and desperate cry to look like a young college girl.

Sooo Vicki - you won't stop the cameras from filming you taking a very personal and upsetting phone call about your mother's death but you WILL stop the cameras from filming a conversation about Brooks? Mmmm, okay.

I LOVED Heather's dress at the lunch with Shannon.

• Love 15

When has Brooks volunteered to "move out" before? He was not living with Vicki prior to Briana/Ryan moving to OK. LOL And last season, Brooks complained and pressured Vicki about NOT being allowed to be at the house when Briana/Ryan/kids were home.

I too was wondering when Brooks was so accommodating as to move out for Briana. I don't remember seeing that or hearing discussion about it.

• Love 2

This: "Briana was totally wrong to say that her mother shouldn't have someone living in her house that her family doesn't like.  That's up to Vicki.  And I think that the reality is that Vicki doesn't like Ryan but with two grandchildren, she deals with it.  At least on camera."

Thanks. That is what I'm picking up. I know that it is probably hard for Briana to take time off to visit the OC-- I'm a nurse and work at a hospital and it is hard to coordinate anything with two toddlers. Briana and Ryan would not put up with Vicki dictating their home decisions for one moment.

• Love 4

Vicki is pissed at Meghan for outing Brooks but IMO, she is more pissed that Meghan called her old and bitter. She will never forgive Meghan for that comment but I thought it was awesome, LOL! Vicki needs to come to terms with her age. She drives me absolutely bat shit crazy with the too low cut, too short, too tight clothes. UGH! Dress your age, PLEASE! Seeing Vicki in that tight white dress last week that was pulling across her fat sagging tummy was about to make me throw up. Take a clue from Heather, who I can't stand, but who always dresses for her age. Heather has a great figure that allows her to wear fitted clothes that show off her figure but not in a tacky way. And enough with the screaming "WHOO HOO!" At her age it comes off as a pathetic and desperate cry to look like a young college girl.

I would agree with this whole post more if it said, "Dress your size" instead of "Dress your age".  Is everyone over 50 supposed to wear shawls and granny dresses?  It's true Vicki tends to buy her clothes too tight, but the style of the white dress was fine for her age if you ask me.  If she would do a few crunches and maybe wear spanks I think she would have looked marvelous in that white dress, even if she is over 50.  If you ask me Vicki actually looked sexier than line backer looking, thin as a rail, 30 year old Meghan.

• Love 22

I wish I never had to see Miss Terry on my screen again.

What did he say this week that was so nasty? I seem to have forgotten.

Either the crew doesn't give a rat's ass about what Vicki wants or the entire scene with Vicki and Briana was staged.   The cameras didn't stop rolling and more importantly, the mics were still on.

I am guessing that Vicki was not comfortable about a certain subject being brought up by Briana, but I was amused that for all of Vicki's demands for the cameras to stop filming, she totally forgot to turn off her microphone (or maybe shje did but Briana left hers on purposefully).

Eddie's beef with Tamra over Ryan is just the same beef that Simon had with Tamra over Ryan--except Ryan now has a wife and kid and is at least 9 years older.

I predict history is about to repeat itself (c.f. Simon).

Tamra goes to church regularly and doesn't know the difference between "service" and "sermon." Her ignorance isn't even funny anymore, just sad.

I think Tamra was better off attending Brokeback Church for the anomonity.

• Love 3