Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Love Is A Battlefield

Members of The Resistance race to release their loved ones from Christine’s influence before she reaches her end game for the Dome. While Barbie risks everything in an attempt to free Eva from the Kinship, Big Jim and Julia are enlisted by Hektor, the head of Aktaion, to test a possible cure for infected townspeople. Also, Joe chooses to work with Christine after she shares some shocking information about the entity behind the Dome.

Blah, blah, blah, Fivehead and Julia head back to the daycare house and have to relinquish their weapons to Aktaion.  Big Jim gives them shit but Julia tells him about Eva's nearly full-term baby so Big Jim wants to kill it.  Which doesn't go over to well with Julia, but Big Jim's spider stomping analogy works.

Barbie tucks Eva in to a bed in town hall -- and it looks like a snake is slithering around inside Eva's elongated stomach.  And Sam goes to visit Christine -- who is back from wherever she vanished to last episode -- to deliver a progress report on Joe.

If Christine's plan always hinged on Joe bringing down the Dome, that just seems weird.  What if he was accidentally killed -- which happens pretty frequently -- what was her Plan B ?

Christine: "Inside Eva is the Queen that will lead out kinship out of the Dome".  Whatever.  Will the Queen be driving the Prius as it leads the kinship out of the Dome ?

Fivehead is acting all sketchy around hunter since she just killed Harriet -- is she worried about Harriet's baby ? Or just about the fact she killed someone for no good reason.  Julia was in danger at all.

Joe is making progress on his device to bring down the Dome, but figures out that the Amethyst only responds to the musical notes from actual people -- not a recording.  I'm sure that will come back into play later.  Meanwhile, Barbie asks Joe to stall finishing the device so they can give everyone the cure before the Dome comes down.

Big Jim is at his snarky best this episode.  Julia is busy finding Christine hairs in the barn (how does she know they are Christine's hairs exactly ?) when they are confronted by Junior with two armed redshirts, but Aktaion security guards kill both the redshirts before Big Jim stops them from killing Junior.  And Big Jim announces that they have found their new test subject in Junior.

Christine catches Joe rocking out to "Love is a Battlefield" and gives him a hard time for not working on the project.  So according to Christine they need the 7 amethysts to send the tone to the egg and that will unlock the Dome -- since when ?  And by 'the egg' does she mean that small piece of the egg in her office.

Barbie tries to lay the guilt on Eva about the 12 dead girls by the barn, but she basically ignores him and drones on about the Kinship.  And speaking of drones, apparently Aktaion brought one with them because it is sitting on the table near Hunter.  Could it be Chekhov's drone ?  Because why would a daycare have a drone.

Fivehead and Hunter show Julia the video of Lily's dad hovering in the tube (he's still floating -- how come none of them are impressed by that ?) and Julia goes off to confront Hektor about it.  I love how Hektor explains away his accidentally making Lily think her dad was dead -- "I didn't say he was dead, I said he was gone".  Semantics much ?  Lily is surprisingly not pissed off at Hektor.

After all that hullabloo, Big Jim decides to let them test the cure on Junior.  And for some reason, Hektor looks like he's constipated through a lot of the conversation.

Wow -- Christine indicates that the aliens traveled hundreds of thousands of light years to get to Earth from their home.  So why were the kinship all staring at the moon way back in the early episodes ?  Christine says that Earth just isn't that special.  But somewhere up in the sky, "They're coming" -- and "They" are an enemy of both humanity and the kinship.  Wait a tick -- if the meteors containing the eggs fell to earth 25+ years ago, what have "They" been waiting for ?  Unless Christine digs up that egg, there is no Kinship and the aliens could just waltz in and conquer Earth.  Is this show turning into dumber than rocks version of 'Falling Skies' ?

As Christine and Joe approach the Dome wall, there are dead birds and animals all over the place.  If there isn't enough air for the

animals, why are these clowns still alive ?  Why are all the animals dying -- only the bottom 10-15 feet are calcified, there is lots of Dome left to let air in ?  Oh show.

Oh nooeeesss !! Lily can't trust Hektor after watching the video of her dad.

Junior is spiking a 106 fever after taking the cure, so Big Jim is concerned.  Really concerned.  Cause that's his boy.

Hektor explains to Lily that he was only concerned for her and that's why he let her think her dad was dead.  And the government wants Hektor dead because of the files that Lily sent Hunter.   Huh ?  Can't the government just stroll into Aktaion and see Patrick for themselves ?  The government has been surprisingly absent for most of Season 2 and 3.

Here's my question -- if Patrick has been like this (you know, hovering in his cylinder) for years, how did Hektor or Marsden know all this nonsense about Christine's DNA helping with the cure.  That's a pretty big leap to make with absolutely no proof.

Now Eva is suddenly not ready to be a mother -- I guess 3 days of pregnancy wasn't enough to prep her for motherhood.  Eva regales Barbie with some childhood memory about her parents fighting -- who gives a shit ?  And she tells Barbie her parents got divorced, and she doesn't want that for her baby.  FFS !!  Ummm, for starters, you're not married to Barbie so no threat of divorce.

Joe's warning comes true as Barbie accidentally outs himself to Eva that he isn't one of the Kinship, but Barbie was smart enough to drug the tea he gave Eva earlier and she collapses.  All because Barbie won't let Eva hurt HIS baby.  Wait until he finds out that his baby is probably serpentine in nature.

Turns out that a redshirt heard the noise when Eva collapsed on the floor and enters the room only to be attacked by Barbie who chokes him to death. Barbie steals the redshirts gun and goes to pick up Eva off the floor.

Christine has been woozy all episode, and another bout hits her after she returns from the Dome's edge with Joe.

Junior wakes up and appears to be himself now, and Big Jim starts talking about beginning a new father-son relationship -- except Big Jim will be in prison for multiple murders, he sure won't be selling cars.

Fivehead spends some quality time comparing first kill stories with the Aktaion security guy (who still doesn't have a name). And is upset that she doesn't feel anything -- will Fivehead become the new Big Jim since she can kill without feeling any guilt ?

Sam and the Kinship redshirts roll this giant amethyst into Joe's lab -- seriously, this thing is huge but apparently weighs next to nothing.  Joe is busy doing math calcs to split the amethyst into 7 pieces.  Because math and Pat Benatar are the answer.  One of the Kinship redshirts complains to Sam that Junior is no where to be found when the heavy lifting is done (but the amethyst moves like it weighs about 100 pounds).  The redshirt then fills Sam in on the shenanigans at Shumway cabin because Sam outranks the redshirt -- huh ??  Was there ever an announcement about the mgmt. structure of the Kinship ?  Maybe it happened off-camera.

And the product placement Prius is back -- apparently the Prius was still parked at Town Hall (and no one noticed) and Barbie is using it to transport Eva.  Barbie tells Julia that he couldn't save Eva, but maybe he can save his baby.  WTF ?  Big Jim is worried about Barbie still being one of them, so they get Barbie to meet them at the motel.

Christine tells Sam that Eva is missing -- and Sam tells her that the Prius is missing too.  So Sam knows the Prius is missing, but none of the redshirts were guarding it ?  FFS !

Joe marks spots on the amethyst with a marker and tells a Kinship redshirt to start drilling -- once again, where is the power coming from since he isn't using a cordless drill ? Likewise, where is Joe getting his power from for all his doodads and record players ?

Barbie arrives at the motel with Eva and puts her on the bed, as Julia shows up.  Eva calls Barbie a coward for not killing Julia.  Barbie tells Julia that as long as that baby is 1/2 mine, he's not leaving.  Once again, Barbie is in for a shock when he finds out what the baby turns out to be.

Big Jim apologizes to Hektor for barking at him -- where's Indy to do some real barking ?  We haven't seen Indy all episode.  Hektor warns Big Jim that Junior isn't out of the woods and they need to keep monitoring him and the restraints aren't coming off.

Since Eva is being uncooperative with pushing the baby out, Barbie and Julia start pushing for her to force it out -- it's pretty comical.  And the baby is out after Barbie cuts the umbilical cord with his knife -- and it looks pretty normal, which is a surprise.  I was almost expecting to find out it was twins and there's an alien twin about to come out on its own.  Barbie really is the happy daddy considering the number of lives sacrificed for HIS baby.

Joe and the Kinship redshirt are nearly finished drilling the amethyst (which is surprisingly not a euphemism for banging).  Joe takes a long spike and hammers the center of the amethyst -- and it breaks into exactly seven pieces with seemingly rounded edges (how did they get rounded off when they showed the jagged edges just seconds beforehand ?)

Big Jim releases Junior, against Hektor's wishes, and it turns that Junior was playing possum all along.  Big Jim really should listen to Hektor because now Junior has super-strong powers. Junior kills two Aktaion security guards and makes his escape.

Eva pleads with Barbie to let her hold the baby at least once because he needs to be fed.  As Julia notices Kinship approaching the motel, Eva starts nursing the baby -- and as the baby nurses, Eva glows with purple lines all over her body -- and we get some sideboob shots.  I guess Barbie's plan to at least save his baby from the Kinship failed because Barbie is a sentimental idiot.  As Eva utters to Barbie that the baby is "her Queen", Eva grabs Barbie and throws him through the motel room window.  Julia goes to aide Barbie, Barbie just gets up and they leave Eva and baby in the motel room.

Hektor concludes that everyone infected with the lifeforce needs to die and Big Jim is in agreement, but Lily hears this through the door and runs to tell Hunter.

Christine and Sam show up at the motel and Christine is in awe of the new Queen.  As they sit on the bed and look in the mirror, Christine and the baby are shimmering and Eva stops shimmering.  I guess Eva is no longer in the Kinship and probably needs to die because she wakes up and has no idea what's going on ?  And that's just what happens as Christine puts the baby down on the other bed and grabs a pillow and smothers Eva as she sings Brahms Lullaby.  Ummm, who's going to nurse the baby now ?  Or are they just going to steal all the baby food from Harriet's baby ?

I'm still curious why the baby was moving around like a snake in-utero ?  And there was a surprising lack of fluids on the bed from that birth.

Wow -- that kind of sucked.

• Love 10

And that's just what happens as Christine puts the baby down on the other bed and grabs a pillow and smothers Eva as she sings Brahms Lullaby.

Laughable death scene since Phil.  XD.

Big Jim releases Junior, against Hektor's wishes, and it turns that Junior was playing possum all along.  Big Jim really should listen to Hektor because now Junior has super-strong powers. Junior kills two Aktaion security guards and makes his escape.

Should've stuck with Indy instead of succumbing to the brain dead.

Barbie just gets up and they leave Eva and baby in the motel room.

Should've done that to begin with as it was clearly an alien baby no matter how much Babrie whines about it.

Wow -- that kind of sucked.

It did, between pointless Lily/dad drama and 5head being emotionless about killing a fodder, as well as Barbie whining about his alien baby, it was just awful.

• Love 4

Dawwww, Mike Vogel was so sweet with the baby :)

Well, Summer's Eve is dead.  But, I have to admit, Christine singing a lullaby while killing Eve was kind of creepy.

Love cure don't work, so let's kill 'em all.  Great thinking.  Big Jim has been wanting to do this since episode two.

And Joe singing was my first laugh at loud moment from this entire series.

• Love 3

Okay, Julia was a judgey pain in the ass before, but now her metric for irredeemable monsters is... people who step on spiders? That's the worst thing she could come up with? Look, some of us don't want to go around carrying tiny, eight legged monsters to the door on sheets of paper. Nothing needs eight legs, Julia! Nothing!

Ahem. Anyway, every time I watch this show now I find myself wondering if the actors read their scripts thinking, "I was in Breaking Bad/China Beach/ER/Twilight, and now I'm doing this crap? How did I end up here?" Yeah, I said Twilight because even that is better than this thing. Seriously, now they're aliens, but they're maybe the good aliens because even worse aliens are after them? Or Christine is lying and nothing that happened between her and Joe matters? And what the hell version of Brahms' Lullaby was that? She sings half the second verse and then goes back to the first verse? Worst!

Ugh, why can't I look away from this nonsense?

• Love 7

They squeezed the baby out of her! Like toothpaste. In, like, half a minute.

Of all the stupid things this stupid show has ever shown, that had to be the stupidest. I had to pause it, I was laughing so hard at them squeezing the baby out of her.

Barbie kept referring to his baby. Eva was pregnant for 3 days(!) and the baby grew by sucking the life force out of 13 (or so) young & innocent Chester's Millers. I have to wonder what exactly he thought she was going to give birth to?

• Love 12

Okay, Julia was a judgey pain in the ass before, but now her metric for irredeemable monsters is... people who step on spiders? That's the worst thing she could come up with? Look, some of us don't want to go around carrying tiny, eight legged monsters to the door on sheets of paper. Nothing needs eight legs, Julia! Nothing!

If anything, this episode proved the opposite it tried and failed to preach about.

Love cure don't work, so let's kill 'em all.  Great thinking.  Big Jim has been wanting to do this since episode two.

This episode only further proved that, screw Junior as well as everyone else.

Of all the stupid things this stupid show has ever shown, that had to be the stupidest. I had to pause it, I was laughing so hard at them squeezing the baby out of her.

So aliens pop out like that?  XD.

Edited by Free
  • Love 1

That was batshit crazy awesome!

Lullaby, Love is a Battlefield., "If that queen spider is going to wipe out humanity, you bet I'm going to kill it.", Barbie "It's my baby!" (Umm, you might want to brush up on how humans reproduce dude!) Did Julia just reach up there and induce labor? The insurgent base/kindergarten. . . . 

Barbie kept referring to his baby. Eva was pregnant for 3 days(!) and the baby grew by sucking the life force out of 13 (or so) young & innocent Chester's Millers. I have to wonder what exactly he thought she was going to give birth to?

Yeah, I am in complete agreement with you here. Really, you're going to PUSH the baby out from the top? I have...never heard of this as a childbirth method?

And Barbie, really, you think this is your child, after a what, MAYBE 40 hour gestation, instead of the usual 40 weeks?

• Love 5

Oh, God help me.  According to Christine's little walk with Joe, their is some kind of alien race out there that wiped out the Kinship's planet, and she's now claiming that they are after Earth next.  I think it's official, now: this season is basically ripping off other bad to mediocre (but still superior to this) sci-fi shows.  First, I still think this whole thing with the Kinship baby is just ripping off from Extant.  And, now this twist, which is basically the same Falling Skies and arguably Defiance (although that's more of a post-invasion show.) I'm calling it: if this show somehow gets a fourth season, they're going to rip off Zoo, and have everyone get attacked by animals controlled by the Dome.  Although, I would certainly root for Indy to tear out a couple of these guys' throats.

I think I wanted to smack almost everyone tonight, including the ones who I normally tolerate (I almost said like, but that ain't the right word.)  You've got Big Jim suddenly remembering that Junior is his son, and letting his "emotions" effect him enough that he falls for Junior's obvious act, and helped the new, improved Junior escape, and even killing a couple of guards.  Brilliant, Jim.  You've lost any right to shit-talk Julia now, because that was pretty much as idiotic as her.  Well, I guess I'll give you some credit since you thought he was cured by medicine and not the power love, but still.  You are dumbass.

And then you've got Barbie, who was at least smart enough to drug Eva before he let himself get played when he tried to convince her to run away, but then once she delivers the baby, he lets her hold it.  Because, he's somehow a moron, who thought "Hmm, despite all the crazy shit that's been going on here, I'll let her hold the baby unsupervised.  I mean, what could possibly go wrong?! It's not like her breast milk would turn him into the Kinship!"  Really, Barbie?  At this point, there is no excuses.  Their has been way too much crazy shit going on, not to be prepared for anything.

The worst part of all of this was that it left Julia of all people, as the voice of reason, when it came to Eva.  You know your story-line has been shot to hell, when Julia is in the right.  The same Julia who trusts The Power of Love over science, briefly treated the Dome as a God at one point, and gets pissy whenever Jim offers a violent solution, despite it apparently being the only solutions that seem to work on this show.

All the scenes with Joe and the amethyst were hilarious.  Because the amethyst prop was the worst.  Just so, so bad.  I have no idea what material it was suppose to be, but it looked like it was just cheap plaster and probably even hollow inside.  Loved watching poor Colin Ford trying to act like it was tough for Joe to hammer into it, when he probably could have shattered it with one punch.

So, Hektor kept what happened to Patrick a secret from Lily, so that all came out badly for him.  Plus, she now overheard him plotting to kill all of the Kinship (including the docile ones) with Jim, so I'm sure that's going to start a few fights.  Especially since one of them is her future boyfriend, Hunter.  Why do I have a feeling that only Hektor will be the only one that gets any flack for this, while Jim gets off with a wrist-slap?  Probably because it's been done before: if anything, I guess the rest would be surprised if Jim didn't try to kill them.

Christine killed Eva at least since she's no longer Kinship, but depending on how fast they're going to make the baby age,  I wonder if they're going to do the whole thing, where Kylie Bunbury ends up playing the Queen as well.

Norrie feels no guilt over killing someone.  Is she going to go psycho on us?!  I hope so!  I'd actually might like it if she and Jim just team up, and get their psychos on.

• Love 5
Big Jim is at his snarky best this episode.  Julia is busy finding Christine hairs in the barn (how does she know they are Christine's hairs exactly ?)

Perhaps it wasn't her hair and that's why the cure didn't work?

• Love 2
I'm calling it: if this show somehow gets a fourth season, they're going to rip off Zoo, and have everyone get attacked by animals controlled by the Dome.  Although, I would certainly root for Indy to tear out a couple of these guys' throats.

This show can't turn into Zoo -- all the animals are dead at the base of the Dome wall.  I'm still trying to figure out how all those animals survived the freezing cold Dome from last season, or the acid rain.

• Love 2

Yeah, I am in complete agreement with you here. Really, you're going to PUSH the baby out from the top? I have...never heard of this as a childbirth method?

Being popped out like a zit.

And Barbie, really, you think this is your child, after a what, MAYBE 40 hour gestation, instead of the usual 40 weeks?

A complete dumbass.

• Love 1

Perhaps it wasn't her hair and that's why the cure didn't work?

I am quite hopeful that it was, in fact, a goat hair. Now Junior has been injected with some serum infused with the dna from the sample, hopefully goat dna.  I am also hopeful that there will now be a 4th season centered around the character of Goat Junior and his attempts to reconcile his relationship with his father, Jim, and brother, Indy. I will watch the heck out of it.

• Love 4

So aliens pop out like that?  XD.

Yeah, aliens usually just explode from a person's abdomen and spray blood and stuff all over Veronica Cartwright.

How did Barbie carry an unconcious pregnant woman out of the town hall without anyone seeing him?

Because Dome.

• Love 2

I fully expect queen baby to be a full grown adult in a day or so and the actress that played Lexi in Falling Skies better be the queen, just sayin'

I was yelling (in my head because hubby was asleep) at Barbie when he was all "my baby, my baby". Its half alien, you idiot, do you really think its going to be "normal" when it gestated in two days? Really??

No Indy made this episode even worse than usual and that's saying something. 

• Love 3

I'm sure that will come back into play later.

You are??? :)

Sam and the Kinship redshirts

Joe and the Kinship redshirt

If I ever form a band, I am totally using one of these names!

I'm amazed that as the show gets dumber, Dean Morris gets more brilliant at chewing up the screen. Show could just use him and I'm in.

I freely admit to having a bit of a crush on Dean Norris, so I am enjoying the hell out of him!
  • Love 3

So I guess the C in C-section stands for Crest toothpaste ?

Junior's wildly erratic fighting abilities come through again.

Will the resistance remember to move now that Junior knows their location?

Will Junior remember to tell anyone that he knows their location? 

Christine, If these other aliens destroyed your planet, and your original plan was thwarted by a used car dealer and a reporter, and your new plan hinges on the skills of a goofy human high school kid, what kind of help can you actually give humanity with the coming invasion ?

Besides Tom Mason has got this invasion thing handled.

Yahoo doesn't lie, this truly is more "Dometastic" than ever. 

• Love 2

I'm liking the increasingly more snarky Big Jim -- whoever is writing for Dean Norris, bring on some more.

From interviews I've seen, it appears that Dean Norris has this incredible dry, snarky sense of humor (hence my crush haha). Sometimes I think he ad libs some of his better Big Jim lines, because I can't imagine the writers being that clever :)

• Love 4

From interviews I've seen, it appears that Dean Norris has this incredible dry, snarky sense of humor (hence my crush haha). Sometimes I think he ad libs some of his better Big Jim lines, because I can't imagine the writers being that clever :)

Like the "Nice work, Dexter" from a couple of weeks ago.

• Love 1

Junior now has super alien strength. How? Why? Why do some people have super alien strength and others don't? Did the "cure" give him super alien strength? If so, why?

Maybe that was horse hair that Julia found in the barn, so the cure gave Junior the strength of a horse.  Would have been funny if he had whinnied before he left the room. :)

• Love 6

Junior now has super alien strength. How? Why? Why do some people have super alien strength and others don't? Did the "cure" give him super alien strength? If so, why?

It seemed like Eva had super strength when she was pregnant.  Maybe Juinor is carrying a back up queen or something.  I can't think of anyone else who showed super-strength unless you count whoever carried that amethyst up from the caves.

• Love 3

We are strong,

No one can tell us we're wrong.

Searching our hearts for so lo-oong.

Both of us knowing...

(sorry)

Speaking (or singing) of songs, I've somehow conflated the birth of the queen and the analogy to a humanity-destroying arachnid and I keep hearing in my head, "the itsy bitsy spider was squeezed from Eva's spout...kinda wish that it would get the people out...because if down goes the dome then the Kinship wins the game, and this show will go away and not be seen again."

But that's just me.

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 3

Positiveness- The episode did make me dig up some Pat Benetar on Spotify. The PB song Joe should've been singing about watching the show was:

Cut it out, drop it, count me out - baby stop it

Life is too short, so why waste precious time

Life is too short, so why waste

Precious time, precious time, precious time

Oh, precious time

Life is too short, so why waste precious time

Edited by GaryE
  • Love 1

Especially in something related to Stephen King.

So Junior is definitely still evil, yet also super fast. Yeah...best to just all sit around a chat after he escapes from your secret hideout.

I hope I wasn't supposed to feel sorry for Ava since she seemed a little more human when she died. Cause I don't.

The baby took away Ava's alien energy during breast feeding, so all IT-girl's dad, Patrick, needs to do is... never mind.

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 1

That "amethyst" looked like it was covered in a layer of velour.  It probably actually wasn't, but it had a weird appearance that was not evocative of an actual uncut gemstone.  They seem determined to use all these cheap-looking props - cocoons, amethysts.

Are they hinting that something is wrong with Fivehead?

They had to make Barbie just as dumb as Julia to have him fall for Eva's little "I want the cabin" story.  I guess he and Julia really do belong together, tee hee.

• Love 1

Every time I hear the kinship whistle while you work song, it reminds me of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. Except all of the dwarves are Dopey.

Boy, Barbie was really getting in there deep when he was birthin' that baby! For a minute, I thought he was giving Eva an oil change.

A very frightening thought occurred to me when I saw the preview for next week. This show could continue on for several more seasons if Queenie and the Kinship escape the dome with plans to wreak havoc on unsuspecting Maine-iacs, while being hunted down by our intrepid seven-some (Let's count the good guys - Big Jim, Raggedy Ann, Barbie, FiveHead, Jenius Joe, Crippled Guy and Big Eyed Girl. Did I miss anyone?). At least former ER actors can be kept working. When does Clooney show up?

• Love 3

That "amethyst" looked like it was covered in a layer of velour.  It probably actually wasn't, but it had a weird appearance that was not evocative of an actual uncut gemstone.  They seem determined to use all these cheap-looking props - cocoons, amethysts.

At least the prop was an actual, physical object. When Joe "splits" the amethyst the CG just looks like a really badly rendered cartoon. 

• Love 2

I hope I wasn't supposed to feel sorry for Ava since she seemed a little more human when she died. Cause I don't.

Yeah no, I don't either. Ava we hardly knew and I didn't give a rats ass about you. At least now there will be no baby mama drama. Just alien baby drama!

Finally watched the episode and finally stopped laughing after reading all the posts on here.  I am kind of sad there are only 2 weeks left in forums threads.  

I kept finding myself finishing Barbies lines ---  "...the Eva I used to know...in a dream I had in a cocoon" and "I want to what is best for our baby...so I drugged her pregnant mother."

Oh Joe, I am pretty sure when Barbie told you to stall, he meant to stall without letting the other side know you are stalling, as that would be the best way to make sure that the stalling works.  In other words, sit at your desk and fiddle with things while making your "I'm deep in thought" face, not blaring music and dancing wildly around the room.  

Scariest moment of the episode for me - when I thought Christine was going to have sex with Joe.  So glad that didn't happen.  

This episode left me with a bunch of questions  ---

--- If Junior is now strong enough to throw Big Jim across the room, why wasn't he strong enough to break through the twine that held him?

--- Why do the the humans believe what Christine tells them?  Why doesn't anyone think that maybe the calcifying is just a projection, like the firestorm?  (yeah, I know, dead animals, but Christine has gone hunting before, or at least that is what she said). 

---- If the bad aliens are coming, wouldn't the safest place to be be under the dome that a nuclear bomb couldn't destroy?  (and why don't any of the humans consider that maybe she wants the dome down so that the rest of her people can get in?)

---- (this one should have occurred to me seasons ago - or 3 and a half weeks ago in CM time) Why did the Shumways have a house and a cabin under the dome? Who builds a cabin that close to their house? The dome isn't that big.

And my last question - When I birthed my babies, why did I have to do all the work?  Why didn't the doctor or a nurse or my husband or a reporter just use their forearm to squeeze the baby out?  

• Love 3

It was interesting to see Christine interacting with Joe so normally. Joe is one of the wanted/hunted Resistance, yet she's spilling all the beans to him and treating him so kindly. She's not scared he'll just choke her or something? And he's buying all she's selling? In any case, she decided to stop going after the resistance at this point... Christine's best bet at this point indeed would be to stop fighting the Resistance and just sitting them down and spilling all the beans to them, too.

The whole plot is such a complicated onion, peel off one layer and 20 more contradictory layers lie underneath.

(I'm still hung up on how on earth the US army and 25,000 reporters arent camped outside the dome trying to get this thing down / reporting it. How is the U.S. Gov't just ignoring this situation?)

Barbie just gets up and they leave Eva and baby in the motel room.

To be fair, when he looked thru the window, he could see that they were both that snowy CGI stuff... so he then had to admit that the baby wasn't human.  I gather that if you are far enough along in the Kinship infection, that others can see this rather than just  seeing it in the mirror? Lily's Dad seems to be visible to all?

Did Jim agree to the 'kill the dormant Kinship' part?  I seem to remember that he was sort of speechless about that part of it, and then Lily ran off.  If you really believed that dormant is dormant and not cured, I guess that you wouldn't really have a choice?  I, however, think they are cured.... because the actively infected are just way too submissive and cardboard-like for the infection to just go dormant and remain that way for long.  

Interesting how Christine can barely stand upright or walk during the episode, but she somehow becomes well after the birth of the Queen - will she just decide to sit down and die (she did say she WAS going to die after the new Queen came, right? Please let that be soon, I normally like this actress.... but this character is such a waste of her acting skills.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2

I thought nursing the baby would drain away her life force and that's how Ava would die, but no. Christine smothers her with a pillow. Why didn't super baby save her mom and if nursing didn't drain away mom's life force and baby does need to nurse, how is Christine going to feed the baby?

Or as someone else stated, will the baby be an adult next episode?

Norrie feels no guilt over killing someone.  Is she going to go psycho on us?!

After two seasons of everyone calling her Fivehead, she's primed to explode.

And the "If it isn't Rogaine, I don't care" comment from a couple episodes back.

• Love 3

When I stopped laughing, I thought how the baby plot reminded me of an episode of Angel when his son was born. Dean Norris is fantastic, how he can keep a straight face (for the most part) astounds me.

• Love 1

Well, Summer's Eve is dead.  But, I have to admit, Christine singing a lullaby while killing Eve was kind of creepy.

There really was something very creepy and unpleasant about watching someone smother a woman to death while simultaneously singing to her baby, then continuing to sing to her while standing over the body of said smothered woman.  I can't believe the show went there.

I'm actually more shocked that Christine killed Eva because I'd thought they were actually friends.

• Love 1

Everyone got the idiot ball in this one, even Jim.  Why the rush to cut the restaints on Junior?  As if Junior was that great an actor anyway.  

Barbie got the Dumbest award for letting Ava "nurse" the baby.  We needed to hear about Ava's childhood because??? It's her last episode?  

For a moment, when Christine revealed to Joe "my cycle is coming to an end", I thought she was talking about something else.  Why would Christine waste her time taking reticent Joe to the town line and reveal that mumbo jumbo about her destroyed former planet?  Clunkiest way to dispense exposition ever.  And easy to just say she was lying next episode.

At least the birth scene was the funniest I've ever watched.