Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: New Beginnings, My Ass

• Start Topic

We don't know that Jason didn't contribute anything to buying or renovating the apartment and IMO, that should not matter because they were married. Unless Bethenny already knew she planned on divorcing him, which I suspect was the case, when they bought it, it should have reflected both of their tastes, not just hers.

I believe Jason's contribution was probably equivalent to the TV.

I loved Bethenny's new apartment, except Brynn's room. Everything else was great IMO.

• Love 1
Heather Thomson ‏@iamHeatherT  1h1 hour ago

@giokatty02 I am so sorry but love that! xx

Hah, you just have to l​augh at the stupid shit.

Maybe it was my tv/eyes, but I didn't get that Beth's kid's room was full of pink. It seemed like most of the color was confined to the dollhouse.

• Love 4

To me, this entire thing is fictional, a made-up fight to keep a very real job with a very real income.

So this whole thing about "exposing me" or "dating my niece's ex-boyfriend who is also my staff" is ALL MADE UP.

Carole made it worse, in my opinion, by taking the bait and engaging the fight - probably because she truly is sensitive about dating Adam (why, Carole?  Date who you want! He's legal! You're both single.  Go for it.)  Heather mostly stayed out of it, seeing the whole thing as ridiculous ploy for airtime, so as the season went on, it has become more focused on Luann vs. Carole.

I agree with you.   LuAnn is making an effort to keep her apple and share in the "cash bonus" awarded to HWs who bring the drama.   I also agree that Carole made it worse by engaging LuAnn.  I don't often see the HWs expressing genuine feelings but I do think Carole is overly sensitive about her relationship with Adam. 

I just finished watching this episode again and honestly believe that Sonja's outrage over the toaster oven comment by Kristen was totally fabricated.  She's obviously not a very good actress.   Her comments didn't seem to be backed up with conviction and her delivery was choppy at best.  I think the producers instructed everyone to "bring it" for the season finale.

I enjoy commenting on the antics of these women and snarking with all of you is fun even when we don't agree.   Those lively discussions/debates make the forum more interesting.   While I'm often critical of one or more of them, I don't hate any of them.  I don't know them personally so they can't possibly offend me unless they make a comment so outrageous that it would offend a saint (which I am not).   It may be "reality TV" but I consider myself lucky that I don't believe half of what I see and hear on these shows.  I have no interest in these women other than the "role" they play on my TV.   

NY has always been my favorite franchise and I will miss it.  IMHO the OC  is boring, BH was hijacked by Kim last season and the NJ cast self-destructed.

• Love 13

Also, I'm not remembering that Sonja abandoned the toaster oven two seasons ago. Wasn't she just on last season's reunion talking about all the other business ventures she had in addition to the toaster oven? Something about perfumes and Nigerian soccer teams and picnic dishware sets and what have you?

You're right - she did not NOT abandon the toaster oven venture. In fact, she was pretty defensive about it not being dead, but instead on the back burner, and specifically said that her "advisers" told her that the way to run an "international lifestyle brand" was to start with a fashion line, and then move into other areas, ie. housewares. Fast forward to the present, and because she pulled off a fashion show and is glowing in the sheen of this minor accomplishment (and I say minor b/c she doesn't really have a fashion line and instead just pulled off a party for the show), the failure of the toaster ovens is now an embarrassment, so she doesn't want it mentioned, and engages in revisionist history by saying it's dead and buried. She constantly changes the story and moves the goalpost to suit her delusions du jour.

• Love 12

I agree with you. LuAnn is making an effort to keep her apple and share in the "cash bonus" awarded to HWs who bring the drama. I also agree that Carole made it worse by engaging LuAnn. I don't often see the HWs expressing genuine feelings but I do think Carole is overly sensitive about her relationship with Adam.

I just finished watching this episode again and honestly believe that Sonja's outrage over the toaster oven comment by Kristen was totally fabricated. She's obviously not a very good actress. Her comments didn't seem to be backed up with conviction and her delivery was choppy at best. I think the producers instructed everyone to "bring it" for the season finale.

I enjoy commenting on the antics of these women and snarking with all of you is fun even when we don't agree. Those lively discussions/debates make the forum more interesting. While I'm often critical of one or more of them, I don't hate any of them. I don't know them personally so they can't possibly offend me unless they make a comment so outrageous that it would offend a saint (which I am not). It may be "reality TV" but I consider myself lucky that I don't believe half of what I see and hear on these shows. I have no interest in these women other than the "role" they play on my TV.

NY has always been my favorite franchise and I will miss it. IMHO the OC is boring, BH was hijacked by Kim last season and the NJ cast self-destructed.

Trying to give a thumbs up to posts and having an issue for some reason.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I liked and agreed with you post.

I agree with you. LuAnn is making an effort to keep her apple and share in the "cash bonus" awarded to HWs who bring the drama. I also agree that Carole made it worse by engaging LuAnn. I don't often see the HWs expressing genuine feelings but I do think Carole is overly sensitive about her relationship with Adam.

I just finished watching this episode again and honestly believe that Sonja's outrage over the toaster oven comment by Kristen was totally fabricated. She's obviously not a very good actress. Her comments didn't seem to be backed up with conviction and her delivery was choppy at best. I think the producers instructed everyone to "bring it" for the season finale.

I enjoy commenting on the antics of these women and snarking with all of you is fun even when we don't agree. Those lively discussions/debates make the forum more interesting. While I'm often critical of one or more of them, I don't hate any of them. I don't know them personally so they can't possibly offend me unless they make a comment so outrageous that it would offend a saint (which I am not). It may be "reality TV" but I consider myself lucky that I don't believe half of what I see and hear on these shows. I have no interest in these women other than the "role" they play on my TV.

NY has always been my favorite franchise and I will miss it. IMHO the OC is boring, BH was hijacked by Kim last season and the NJ cast self-destructed.

• Love 3

Trying to give a thumbs up to posts and having an issue for some reason.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that I liked and agreed with you post.

Thank you.

I'm unable to "like" posts too and got a "service unavailable" message a few times since I've logged on.

There must be a disturbance in "forum force."   

ETA:  It just worked for me even though I'm getting an error message that says "There was a problem storing your reputation vote."   Huh?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

Truly, the more things change, the more they stay the same.

In the first season of NY, Ramona was a champion-level shit-stirrer whom I could not stand...she still is.

In the first season, Lulu was an arrogant, overly entitled egotistical piece of shit whom I could not stand...she still is.

In the first season, Bethenny, as much as I like her and am an unapologetic fan, was a neurotic, anxiety-ridden, pre-menopausal-gotta-have-a-kid-NOW shrieking ladder-climber of a woman who wanted it all with absolutely NO compromise, and although I think she's beginning to learn differently, essentially, she still is. And I still like her. So. Not so much change in either them or me.

How weird is it that I find some comfort in the fact that some things in the universe seemingly remain constant?

• Love 12

Another year down and the mystery continues as to what the real story is behind Sonjas interns. Do they get a free place to stay? It's as if they think she is still married to J.P. Morgan and she is some sort of royalty. They seem to flock to her. I don't get it.

About Sonja's collection of clothing.... They are sized X-S, S, M, L. The only time I have spent $400.00 on a dress was for my son's wedding (only because I heard my ex's wife was wearing $300.00 heels) and it was sized in the standard 4,6,8,10,ect. How are fine clothing lines usually sized?

For as much as I am exhausted by Ramona's insanity, she actually tolerated the split/divorce from Mario better than I expected, especially considering how public it was.

Dorinda, stop letting your daughter run your life! John should call it quits if she won't commit to a healthier relationship.

And Dorinda, didn't you order for both you and John? (Her pet peeve) The pot calling the kettle black....back that shit up.

Bethany, STOP trying to give therapy to Ramona, shut the F up and upgrade your therapy sessions. You are years away from being emotionally healthy. Start by eliminating vulgar remarks (jock, crotch) that are going to embarrass Bryn someday. Those remarks are not funny and not necessary. Comical women are that way effortlessly.

Edited by Abby2197
  • Love 14

Watching this episode, I thought that the old guard is totally played out. I don't think Ramona, etc. can do or say anything I will find interesting or entertaining again. The whole story of this episode took place a few years ago also. If I was a showruner and am trying to create an interesting plot, I'd go with the new guard. They've got new stories to tell - good or bad.

Also, that scene with Bethany, Ramona, and Heather - it was clearly such a trap for Heather. The editing was some of the worst I've seen. You had one job show!!! It was to make me think this mess was real. I don't see that anymore and now I'm always looking or the tells. How long can the show last on people trying to draw back the curtain.

Edited by jimene79
  • Love 9

What I always found strange, but later it was very telling, was that Bethenny seemed to ignore anything Jason wanted or desired in the apartment other than the TV. Their first apartment was Bethenny's taste and only her taste IMO.

Yes!  In the end, it was always about what Bethenny wanted.  You could see the writing on the wall when she took away Jason's man cave in the Tribecca condo so that she could have a bigger closet.  If she actually cared about her marriage, she never would have done that.  That decision told so much.  She had her offices and everything she 'wanted'.  Jason got nothing for him.

• Love 7

Sonja deserves to be punched repeatedly in the face. I can only assume most of her teeth are fake, so little harm done. Visit to Dr. Sharon Giese, a bunch of injections, and she's back to new and trying to rub her nalgas against someone, anyone, with a line of credit and a desire to overspend at Nello's.

Awww, my late grandma used to say nalgas when she would go on a rant in Spanish about my cousins ass hanging out of her shorts or pants.

• Love 2

Personally, I don't think this whole fight is about Carole/Heather "exposing" Luann's sex life at all. As Heather has said repeatedly, they were all fine after Turks & Caicos. And as Anna said above (and others have echoed), Luann herself has said many more "incriminating" things about her sexual habits.

{snipped}

To me, this entire thing is fictional, a made-up fight to keep a very real job with a very real income.

I mean, after being demoted two years ago, in a very crowded cast where she had not had any storylines all season, Luann seemed to decide that she needed to start/"star in" a fight, in order to keep her apple. This was the only fight that presented itself, so she resurrected it long after it was over. Heather has talked about being blindsided when, at the season finale party, Luann went up to Jonathan and announced that she was furious with Heather - that was the first Heather had heard about it, and it was ages after the fact. Moreover, I think the so-called fight got way worse AFTER the season was filmed, when the trailer came out and she got tons of attention for the "don't be all uncool" line. She realized this was her golden opportunity, to be the center (and star) of a big Housewife story, with a good line, so she ran with it. And in the process ran right over Heather and Carole.

So this whole thing about "exposing me" or "dating my niece's ex-boyfriend who is also my staff" is ALL MADE UP.

Carole made it worse, in my opinion, by taking the bait and engaging the fight - probably because she truly is sensitive about dating Adam (why, Carole? Date who you want! He's legal! You're both single. Go for it.) Heather mostly stayed out of it, seeing the whole thing as ridiculous ploy for airtime, so as the season went on, it has become more focused on Luann vs. Carole.

The whole thing makes me think SO much less of Luann, not because she sleeps with pirates (I don't date her, I'm not her kid, so her actions have no impact on me), but because we saw what she is willing to do to hold onto her apple. Namely, she is willing to publicly trash two women who truly thought they were her friends, in order to keep a job. We've all known people who do that - push others down to advance their own position. I despise people who do that. And Luann claiming that she's now close with Ramona and Sonja? The women who refused to film with her or include her when she got demoted, and who mocked her on the reunion last year for BEING demoted? Yes, Luann. Choose that side. Watch how quick they abandon you when the tide turns again.

tumblr_inline_nsp2wy7vTm1s15d43_500.gif

{snipped}

I agree with everything in both your posts...thanks!

Hogwarts-Cheers-Claps-With-Excitement-In

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

Could someone please refresh my memory -- did we see Carole and Heather barge in on Lu, or are we still relying on Lu's description?

I need a scorecard to remember which of Sonja's projects have been mothballed. Where is Pickles? I bet that's one of her jobs. Still hoping some Nigerian footballer will turn up. I bet Lu is, too. Does Sonja deserve unstinting enthusiasm and support from Kristen?

I remember seeing them (Heather) barge in start yelling/crying and throwing open window shades dramatically.

All of this talk of slut shaming. Yes, I wrote a lot about Heather's comments equating sexuality and morality in the appropriate episode thread, but since that's old news- sick of seeing all the age shaming of Carole dating a younger man. Who cares? If Adam was X years older than Carole, no one would be giving her crap. Believe it or not world at large- men in their twenties and thirties can and DO find older women attractive, sexy, and dateable. That being said, no offense to the chef, but I don't see the cute.

Regardless, Luann is terrible for what she said. Unforgivable. This goes along with the worst comments in HWs history. Nothing can excuse it. Poor Carole was shocked and had no clue what to say. Well I'm sure her twitter followers and Heather will prep her for the reunion.

Did anyone see WWHL after? They had each HW act out a scene from a NY based movie. Carole's was a total replica of Carrie on SATC. Of course it was "Meg Ryan in You've Got Mail", but they showed Carole sitting at a computer typing in a very Carrie apartment with a voiceover on relationships. Looked exactly like a deleted scene from SATC.

ETA: And yes, Luann's comments were sexist re: being childless, and dating younger men (and hypocritical there). 

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 2

Why does Carole eat like a turtle? Does her mouth not close? When she has food in her mouth it looks like she can't really chew it without keeping her mouth open and it seems like a struggle and she always has to take a drink of water afterwards. No wonder she is so thin. 

That said, I don't think Carole really cares about the kid thing. She doesn't have kids but she doesn't really want any or wish she had any. LuAnn's comment was rude, but it wasn't like she said this to someone that had been trying to have kids for years. That would be cruel. I think given the context and the fact she made the snide remark to Carole, childless by choice and fine with it, is just snarky, not inexcusable. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 3

Why does Carole eat like a turtle? Does her mouth not close? When she has food in her mouth it looks like she can't really chew it without keeping her mouth open and it seems like a struggle and she always has to take a drink of water afterwards. No wonder she is so thin. 

That said, I don't think Carole really cares about the kid thing. She doesn't have kids but she doesn't really want any or wish she had any. LuAnn's comment was rude, but it wasn't like she said this to someone that had been trying to have kids for years. That would be cruel. I think given the context and the fact she made the snide remark to Carole, childless by choice and fine with it, is just snarky, not inexcusable. 

I think you're right on the money there. I don't think Carole cares about having children. She's not running around like Kenya Moore. I believe she is childless by choice.

• Love 2

Sonja announced two seasons ago the toaster oven was abandoned.  Someone who was supporting a friend,with a half a brain (I am including Kristen in this group)would have answered -I am looking forward to seeing her new fashion collection tomorrow as part of fashion week.  Kristen was just nicely throwing shade.  It is sort of-yes we re all in on the big joke that is Sonja Morgan and her toaster oven flop.  How many oops can Kristen make to the press?  I got Sonja's point, Kristen went for the laugh instead of the supportive statement.  I don't think Sonja could make it any more clear she is doing fashion not small appliances.

From my perspective, she simply answered his question in a pretty diplomatic way, considering the fact that she implied that the idiotic (my words) product would have been something she would buy and use regularly.  She suggested that there is/was demand for it, which is a pretty supportive-sounding bold-faced lie.   She basically poked fun at herself for Sonja the delusional wonder's sake. 

The person who ignored the fact that Sonja is now doing fashion (a term that should be used loosely) and not small appliances was the "reporter" who asked the question to begin with.  I felt that Kristen did a great job and handled it gracefully.  Sonja made a mountain out of a molehill and, in the meantime, made a fool out of her narcissistic, deluded, insecure, alternate universe resident self.  It was just an easy way to create a stir and lure the spotlight back onto her (and her glorious updo) during her last shot at some more camera time.  The girl can grandstand, God knows. 

I used to like the nut.  I still love her hysterical comments during her THs.  However, it's time to shut the hell up, Son.  Nobody gives a shit anymore.  Haven't you milked your time on this show for all it's worth and forced people to play along with your pretend business ventures?  I'm sure your ex is just green with envy by now.   How could he let such a gem slip away?  At least she has her gaggle of interns who appreciate just how kind she is, and that she is selfless enough to share her non-existent wealth of knowledge with such lowly young'uns. 

• Love 14

From my perspective, she simply answered his question in a pretty diplomatic way, considering the fact that she implied that the idiotic (my words) product would have been something she would buy and use regularly.  She suggested that there is/was demand for it, which is a pretty supportive-sounding bold-faced lie.   She basically poked fun at herself for Sonja the delusional wonder's sake. 

The person who ignored the fact that Sonja is now doing fashion (a term that should be used loosely) and not small appliances was the "reporter" who asked the question to begin with.  I felt that Kristen did a great job and handled it gracefully.  Sonja made a mountain out of a molehill and, in the meantime, made a fool out of her narcissistic, deluded, insecure, alternate universe resident self.  It was just an easy way to create a stir and lure the spotlight back onto her (and her glorious updo) during her last shot at some more camera time.  The girl can grandstand, God knows. 

I used to like the nut.  I still love her hysterical comments during her THs.  However, it's time to shut the hell up, Son.  Nobody gives a shit anymore.  Haven't you milked your time on this show for all it's worth and forced people to play along with your pretend business ventures?  I'm sure your ex is just green with envy by now.   How could he let such a gem slip away?  At least she has her gaggle of interns who appreciate just how kind she is, and that she is selfless enough to share her non-existent wealth of knowledge with such lowly young'uns. 

Sonja had a pretty good redemption arc. . . and then I saw a clip from the Reunion and back to same old delusional Sonja over "John, John".  I just doubt Sonja ever saw JFK Jr outside of maybe dining in a restaurant she worked in or perhaps at an event.  The craziness of calling him John John and defending her drunken statements beyond the pale.  I am not certain Carole Radziwill is the authority on all things JFK Jr but Sonja gets an "F" for once again trying to impress with the name dropping-no one cares or believes at this point. 

I would like to see RHONYC return without the constant infomercials.  No more Countess Collection, Skinny Girl immersion, Yummie Tummie, Pop of Color, Ramona Pinot.  These women are not terribly supportive of each other's product and when they are they want a flipping award.  I noticed Bethenny calling Ramona's wine Douche-o Grigio.  Heather took her many shots at Sonja's line-KMart reference and no buyers at the fashion show.  Perhaps it is producer driven but I don't see the overwhelming support.  

To me, any talk of the toaster oven is like talking about another's ex.  There is a new man in Sonja's life in the form of a fashion line-the toaster is an ex. The toaster oven is the man that left Sonja at the altar. Obviously Sonja doesn't want the reference on the eve of her fashion line's debut.   Kristen is either admitting she isn't bright enough to get around a reporter making her complicit in setting up a dig towards Sonja or doesn't care. I also don't like this Kristen who at parties demands someone continue to speak to her that she has just accosted.  She acts like a five year old when she behaves that way. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

Sonja had a pretty good redemption arc. . . and then I saw a clip from the Reunion and back to same old delusional Sonja over "John, John".  I just doubt Sonja ever saw JFK Jr outside of maybe dining in a restaurant she worked in or perhaps at an event.  The craziness of calling him John John and defending her drunken statements beyond the pale.  I am not certain Carole Radziwill is the authority on all things JFK Jr but Sonja gets an "F" for once again trying to impress with the name dropping-no one cares or believes at this point. 

I would like to see RHONYC return without the constant infomercials.  No more Countess Collection, Skinny Girl immersion, Yummie Tummie, Pop of Color, Ramona Pinot.  These women are not terribly supportive of each other's product and when they are they want a flipping award.  I noticed Bethenny calling Ramona's wine Douche-o Grigio.  Heather took her many shots at Sonja's line-KMart reference and no buyers at the fashion show.  Perhaps it is producer driven but I don't see the overwhelming support.  

To me, any talk of the toaster oven is like talking about another's ex.  There is a new man in Sonja's life in the form of a fashion line-the toaster is an ex. The toaster oven is the man that left Sonja at the altar. Obviously Sonja doesn't want the reference on the eve of her fashion line's debut.   Kristen is either admitting she isn't bright enough to get around a reporter making her complicit in setting up a dig towards Sonja or doesn't care. I also don't like this Kristen who at parties demands someone continue to speak to her that she has just accosted.  She acts like a five year old when she behaves that way. 

Well, let's see if Carole calls Sonja out on the John John nonsense at the reunion.  I have several friends who knew him & some other friends who worked with him.  Nobody ever called him John John.  I believe Sonja probably met him in passing.  Maybe she was introduced to him while attending a party or charity event, standing next to Old Man Morgan & fulfilling her duties as subservient trophy wife.  Anything more than that?  Nuh-uh, other than in her delusions, that is.

No, the infomercials will never cease because I suspect they are a profit machine for both Bravo and Satan Andy.  And they're just fine & dandy with all the promos, BUT I'm sure they insist on getting paid, so there's gotta be something in the contracts about it.  Think Bethenny is immune from it?  No way.  There are ways to make her pay for promoting her shit.  Believe me, there are ways.  Ah, those sinister Bravo contracts . . .

As far as Sonja's questionable business goes -- & those shady characters she got herself involved with?  Well, if they run up all kinds of debts & sink the business into quick failure, she could find herself in financial trouble once again.  Oy, so freakin' dumb.  I mean, look, we can find Sonja entertaining from our perspective.  But the woman is just not very bright, is she?

And I also thought about how they devoted an awful lot of show time to Sonja's silly business.  They pretty much based most of the last ep around it.  What does that mean?  Er, does Satan Andy & Bravo own a good chunk of this ridiculous business?  OK then, Satan Andy, good luck & God Bless with that mess.  Um, is it any better than Gretchen plastic bags or Lynne Curtain DIY wire bracelets or Kelly Bensimon owl jewelry?  Gee, Idk, maybe.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

Why isn't Sonja mad at the reporter who asked the question? Talk about someone making a dig at her. Sonja said that the reporter was a good friend of hers, so I would think that if the Toaster Oven is a subject never to be mentioned again because it was a failure of epic proportions, she would be mad at the person who was digging around for information about it. 

• Love 7

Back to Carole and making digs at Luann.  Back in St. Barth's, Carole brought up the men's voices, "one of which was Luann's" and Sonja having anal sex.  Sonja denied it and asked how Carole would know the difference between doggie style and anal unless she was nosy enough to walk up very closely to get a good look in a dark garden.  I found that Carole was tres uncool back then for outing that stuff about Sonja.  The men's voices not so much.  It was shocking though because Carole was the first real HW snitch.  Sure Ramona had flat out said that Luann was running around on the Count after they had filed for divorce, but none of the other HWs had ever been so specific.

Carole had been on a tear her first season to take down Luann.  Back in London, Luann couldn't say a thing without Carole claiming Luann was trying to one-up her when really Luann was trying to keep the conversation going - they were talking about things like living in the same neighborhood or doing sports.  And I do think she has been dismissive of the fact that her dating Adam may be hurtful to Luann's niece.  But I don't think Luann really cared that much - not so much to cause this feud.

Luann though is wrong in thinking that they barged in trying to catch her with a man.  They knew the guy had already left and they thought at this point it was Luann's guy.  I do think Dorinda put that in Luann's head, and Luann can't let go of it.  

BTW they threw open Ramona's curtains, not Luann's.  They were quiet when they spoke with Luann.

• Love 4

Back to Carole and making digs at Luann.  Back in St. Barth's, Carole brought up the men's voices, "one of which was Luann's" and Sonja having anal sex.  Sonja denied it and asked how Carole would know the difference between doggie style and anal unless she was nosy enough to walk up very closely to get a good look in a dark garden.  I found that Carole was tres uncool back then for outing that stuff about Sonja.  The men's voices not so much.  It was shocking though because Carole was the first real HW snitch.  Sure Ramona had flat out said that Luann was running around on the Count after they had filed for divorce, but none of the other HWs had ever been so specific.

Carole had been on a tear her first season to take down Luann.  Back in London, Luann couldn't say a thing without Carole claiming Luann was trying to one-up her when really Luann was trying to keep the conversation going - they were talking about things like living in the same neighborhood or doing sports.  And I do think she has been dismissive of the fact that her dating Adam may be hurtful to Luann's niece.  But I don't think Luann really cared that much - not so much to cause this feud.

Luann though is wrong in thinking that they barged in trying to catch her with a man.  They knew the guy had already left and they thought at this point it was Luann's guy.  I do think Dorinda put that in Luann's head, and Luann can't let go of it.  

BTW they threw open Ramona's curtains, not Luann's.  They were quiet when they spoke with Luann.

Sonja really outed herself on that trip - not about the anal sex - although she herself alluded to it when she was joking with the other girls about having her face in the dirt during the deed. Sure, it could have been doggie or anal, but the point was, Sonja herself was talking about the fact that she had had sex with the pirate dude out on the back lawn the night before. Regardless of what Carole said about it or didn't say about it, Sonja herself was the snitch. When I think about that trip, I don't think about the fact that Sonja did or did not have anal sex. I think about the fact that Sonja had sex with this guy the night after Lu did and seemed to not mind talking openly about it on camera. 

• Love 5

Why isn't Sonja mad at the reporter who asked the question? Talk about someone making a dig at her. Sonja said that the reporter was a good friend of hers, so I would think that if the Toaster Oven is a subject never to be mentioned again because it was a failure of epic proportions, she would be mad at the person who was digging around for information about it.

Agreed. If this reporter was such a good friend of hers he'd never have brought up in the first place. I think Kristen did a fine job answering the question. Sonja can suck it.

Well, let's see if Carole calls Sonja out on the John John nonsense at the reunion.  I have several friends who knew him & some other friends who worked with him.  Nobody ever called him John John.  I believe Sonja probably met him in passing.  Maybe she was introduced to him while attending a party or charity event, standing next to Old Man Morgan & fulfilling her duties as subservient trophy wife.  Anything more than that?  Nuh-uh, other than in her delusions, that is.

Well, there is a First Look reunion clip on Bravo that addresses this very question. ;)

• Love 4

Sonja is loud and crass and has a funky accent.  John Morgan must cringe every time he sees her on tv, knowing that he was married to her and now the whole country knows what she is about.  In photos, Sonja can appear almost demure, but once she opens that drunken yap, upstate pours out and all pretense of being a blue-blooded "Tremont" are gone.

• Love 8

Sometimes I think Sonja is channeling Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffanys. Especially when she has her hair up. She seems to be looking more and more like her...she just needs a long dramatic cigaret holder, lol.

audrey-hepburn-breakfast-in-tiffanys-ldb

Holly Golightly: Promise me one thing: don't take me home until I'm drunk - very drunk indeed.

• Love 4

No, the infomercials will never cease because I suspect they are a profit machine for both Bravo and Satan Andy.  And they're just fine & dandy with all the promos, BUT I'm sure they insist on getting paid, so there's gotta be something in the contracts about it.  Think Bethenny is immune from it?  No way.  There are ways to make her pay for promoting her shit.  Believe me, there are ways.  Ah, those sinister Bravo contracts . . .

As far as Sonja's questionable business goes -- & those shady characters she got herself involved with?  Well, if they run up all kinds of debts & sink the business into quick failure, she could find herself in financial trouble once again.  Oy, so freakin' dumb.  I mean, look, we can find Sonja entertaining from our perspective.  But the woman is just not very bright, is she?

And I also thought about how they devoted an awful lot of show time to Sonja's silly business.  They pretty much based most of the last ep around it.  What does that mean?  Er, does Satan Andy & Bravo own a good chunk of this ridiculous business?  OK then, Satan Andy, good luck & God Bless with that mess.  Um, is it any better that Gretchen plastic bags or Lynne Curtain DIY wire bracelets or Kelly Bensimon owl jewelry?  Gee, Idk, maybe.

Bethenny brags about how when she signed up for RHONYC she would not agree to Bravo getting a percentage of her brand-it is called the Bethenny Clause.  http://www.inquisitr.com/2064235/bethenny-frankel-reveals-how-checking-the-wrong-box-cost-her-millions/  Something tells me that many of the other RH have invoked the Bethenny Clause. 

This season I think most of these women should have paid to be on-only Dorinda, Carole and Ramona weren't on the pimp my brand ride.  It got to be a bit much.

Carole in fact does call Sonja out and then asks that Sonja not talk about her family.  Technically, Carole should have said, my late husband's family.  There is really no recognition for cousin-in-laws.  It is always my husband's cousin or cousin by marriage. 

Edited by zoeysmom

I doubt they'd get many women if they didn't allow plugs for their businesses. Plus Bravo ges a percentage (except SG) so it's a win win for them

I do not think they get any money/% from YT/Heather either as her company was started years before she joined the cast.

Lynne Curtain DIY wire bracelets or Kelly Bensimon owl jewelry?  Gee, Idk, maybe.

Those bracelets that LC makes are not wire bracelets, they are cheap material and garbage leather glued onto base metal. I make wire wrap jewelry, including  bracelets, and there is no comparison, even though my pieces are sterling silver and/or 14K gold filled wire with real gem stones and/or cabochons, I sell them for less than her garbage cuffs! LOL The woman has no taste or eye for design. I laugh at any "HW jewelry" lines, they all use cheap metals, bad/cheap/low grade gem stones/cabochons and most use base metals that have nickel and lead in them and they charge way too much. Viewers are better off buying their jewelry from Wal-Mart/Kmart than any HW line IMO! LOL

• Love 5

Bethenny told us in her epi-mo-logue she is coming back next season and coming back as the star. I won't be here for it.

Heather made abiding Bethenny worth it.

As did Kristin. The likelihood of both coming back look slim to none. I hope Kristen's nail polish does well. The financial success and her douche husband's receding hairline should expedite her exit.

• Love 3

We don't know that Jason didn't contribute anything to buying or renovating the apartment and IMO, that should not matter because they were married. Unless Bethenny already knew she planned on divorcing him, which I suspect was the case, when they bought it, it should have reflected both of their tastes, not just hers.

Exactly, they were a couple.....shouldn't really matter who made most of the money, imo

• Love 5

Bethenny brags about how when she signed up for RHONYC she would not agree to Bravo getting a percentage of her brand-it is called the Bethenny Clause.  http://www.inquisitr.com/2064235/bethenny-frankel-reveals-how-checking-the-wrong-box-cost-her-millions/  Something tells me that many of the other RH have invoked the Bethenny Clause. 

This season I think most of these women should have paid to be on-only Dorinda, Carole and Ramona weren't on the pimp my brand ride.  It got to be a bit much.

Carole in fact does call Sonja out and then asks that Sonja not talk about her family.  Technically, Carole should have said, my late husband's family.  There is really no recognition for cousin-in-laws.  It is always my husband's cousin or cousin by marriage. 

Oh sure, that's been widely known about for years.  And it was absolutely a MAJOR upset for Satan Andy & Bravo -- for missing out on getting a sizeable chunk of SkinnyGirl.  Seems like Satan Andy got over it long ago.  Well, maybe he did & maybe he didn't.  We really don't know that for sure.  Don't think just cuz he's palsy-walsies with Bethenny, he's absolutely over it.  He doesn't let much get in the way of his fame-ho tendencies.  Think Bravo (or rather, parent company NBC/Universal -- and actually Comcast) ever got over it?  No freakin' way.

What I wonder is how Bravo & Satan Andy are working it in the Housewives contracts, so they are able to profit from all these promos going on.  And I'm not sure if it's merely about including requirements for percentages (for promoting the Housewives' various "companies" or "projects" or whatever) in the Housewives' contracts.  There may be definitive fees involved, specifically stated & spelled out in the contracts & depending precisely on the number & length of promos.  I have no know;edge of these details, just suggesting possibilities.  It has to be something tho.  I have hard time believing they're just letting Bethenny endlessly plug SkinnyGirl & getting nothing but her wonderful presence in return.  That makes no sense to me.  It's not how NBC/Universal or Comcast operates -- ever.

And yes, as mentioned above, the percentage thing doesn't work in terms of Heather's business.  The thought of Heather agreeing to giving Satan Andy a percentage of her business gives me a giggle.  She'd tell him to fuck off.  And it certainly wouldn't work with SG, which is owned now by Seagrams & it would be laughable to think of Seagrams agreeing to give away a percentage of ANY of their business.  Same thing with Lu-man & her crapola from HSN.  That stuff is probably completely owned by HSN & they're just paying Lu to promote it & use her name.

But if fees are being applied to promos & enforced by Bravo, I could see Seagrams & HSN being OK with it & given they are large companies, they could afford the fees.  But Heather?  She may have balked at paying anything to promote her stuff & maybe that's why we've seen almost no mention of Yummy.  Well, except for Lu-man wearing the Yummy underwear, underneath the open robe, while growling her butchy morning growl, after Heather & Carole "stormed" into her room.  

Sheesh, I mean seriously, that had to be THE best product placement for any Housewives product this season.  Heather should NOT be mad at Lu at all.  She should be thanking her.  Cuz Lu-man looked awesome in those Yummies.  Oh Heather, you go find those 2 hot beauties who brought Sonja the flowers -- you know, the ones who made Sonja go into multiple orgasms just at the very sight of 'em, and send BOTH of those 2 over to Lu-man in the Hamptons right now, hun.  You owe Lu-man, Heather, for looking so great in her Yummies in that memorable scene.

Gosh, poor Lu.  Looks like she's getting major hot flashes at the reunion.  Wasn't Moaner going thru the same thing a few reunions ago?  Hope Satan Andy has lots of big fans around at the reunion.  Menopausal gals need lots of big fans around.  Not funny really, just is.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

Oh sure, that's been widely known about for years.  And it was absolutely a MAJOR upset for Satan Andy & Bravo -- for missing out on getting a sizeable chunk of SkinnyGirl.  Seems like Satan Andy got over it long ago.  Well, maybe he did & maybe he didn't.  We really don't know that for sure.  Don't think just cuz he's palsy-walsies with Bethenny, he's absolutely over it.  He doesn't let much get in the way of his fame-ho tendencies.  Think Bravo (or rather, parent company NBC/Universal -- and actually Comcast) ever got over it?  No freakin' way.

What I wonder is how Bravo & Satan Andy are working it in the Housewives contracts, so they are able to profit from all these promos going on.  And I'm not sure if it's merely about including requirements for percentages (for promoting the Housewives' various "companies" or "projects" or whatever) in the Housewives' contracts.  There may be definitive fees involved, specifically stated & spelled out in the contracts & depending precisely on the number & length of promos.  I have no know;edge of these details, just suggesting possibilities.  It has to be something tho.  I have hard time believing they're just letting Bethenny endlessly plug SkinnyGirl & getting nothing but her wonderful presence in return.  That makes no sense to me.  It's not how NBC/Universal or Comcast operates -- ever.

And yes, as mentioned above, the percentage thing doesn't work in terms of Heather's business.  The thought of Heather agreeing to giving Satan Andy a percentage of her business gives me a giggle.  She'd tell him to fuck off.  And it certainly wouldn't work with SG, which is owned now by Seagrams & it would be laughable to think of Seagrams agreeing to give away a percentage of ANY of their business.  Same thing with Lu-man & her crapola from HSN.  That stuff is probably completely owned by HSN & they're just paying Lu to promote it & use her name.

But if fees are being applied to promos & enforced by Bravo, I could see Seagrams & HSN being OK with it & given they are large companies, they could afford the fees.  But Heather?  She may have balked at paying anything to promote her stuff & maybe that's why we've seen almost no mention of Yummy.  Well, except for Lu-man wearing the Yummy underwear, underneath the open robe, while growling her butchy morning growl, after Heather & Carole "stormed" into her room.  

Sheesh, I mean seriously, that had to be THE best product placement for any Housewives product this season.  Heather should NOT be mad at Lu at all.  She should be thanking her.  Cuz Lu-man looked awesome in those Yummies.  Oh Heather, you go find those 2 hot beauties who brought Sonja the flowers -- you know, the ones who made Sonja go into multiple orgasms just at the very sight of 'em, and send BOTH of those 2 over to Lu-man in the Hamptons right now, hun.  You owe Lu-man, Heather, for looking so great in her Yummies in that memorable scene.

Gosh, poor Lu.  Looks like she's getting major hot flashes at the reunion.  Wasn't Moaner going thru the same thing a few reunions ago?  Hope Satan Andy has lots of big fans around at the reunion.  Menopausal gals need lots of big fans around.  Not funny really, just is.

Lu Ann when under fire has been known to get red around her chest and neck area-so I don't know if it is menopause or just how she is-Alex use to break out.  Regardless of the cause it is tacky for the other RH to bring it up. The made fun of Ramona's eyes and now she can't keep them open. Ramona is just  clueless and has the attention span of a gnat and if it isn't about her she zones out.  For two years running she wore these crinoline skirts and  then took up the better part of the couch forcing LuAnn one year and Alex another year practically out of camera range.

• Love 1

Well, maybe Meghan will pack up her 80's hair band hair bands & leave asshole Jimmy, move to NYC & join this show.  Ugh, grimacing at the thought.  Bad enough we're stuck with another season of Bethenny & endless plugs & promos for SkinnyGirl shit.

• Love 4

They were her dear friends and she considered them family (and they actually were, by marriage).  I don't think she's trying to glom on to the Kennedy name.  By all accounts, they were very close.  John and Caroline were on the way to the vacation house they were sharing with Carole and her husband when they crashed.  I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't share a vacation house with someone I didn't consider family, by birth or not.

• Love 14

Damn if it's not the grammar police coming after Carole, its Miss Manners.

My cousins have always been my cousins no matter which side of the wedding aisle they sat on. Or which which branch of my family tree they sit. Didn't know I needed to designate them as anything other than MY FAMILY.

• Love 10

What is this 'Girl Code' they all keep prattling about? I went to an all-girl school from Kindergarten to 18 and I never heard of it. The only Code we practiced was Don't Get Caught.

One would have to ask LuAnn that question as she keeps changing her reasons Carole broke this elusive "girl code"! LOL

• Love 4

I think Meghan is on RHOC.

Holy shit, I thought I was in the RHOC section. Wow, that's terrible of me. How embarrassing. 

Well as for RHONY, I find Kristen boring and hope she's gone next season. 

• Love 1

Girl Code - if I never hear that expression again I will be very happy. I can't help but think that someone came up with the song idea, pitched it to LuAnn, and now she feels obligated to use the term releatedly. Or 20-something's are now using it and she heard it from her daughter (or no, that can't be true because then Carole would be using it.)

I finally watched the episode. There was no excuse for LuAnn to comment on Carole not having children. And the maniacal laugh after - we hear that a lot from HW and it seems to be a sign they know what they said was offensive/stupid/fill in the blank. But Carole honey, there is a HUGE difference between 0 children and 1 child. And I say this as a woman who doesn't have children. You can't really buy a kid and "co-parent" him/her with the current boyfriend and some random friend, especially if you do this with one on each coast! [sadly though, I think that may be how some kids are "raised" these days]

sonja wants to blast Kristin about what she said in an article, but Sonja is too lazy to actually read the article? Even though it was supposed to be press about Sonja's collection?? I can't decide whether to believe that or not. It is hard to believe Sonja doesn't read everything positive written about her, but she does appear to be funcpdamentallymlaxy and too reliant on her "interns." Or it was producer interference, because at one point she really did appear to be acting.

And Sonja, much like Bethenny, you don't seem to realize that other people are NOT obligated to support/champion/speak nicely about you and every little thing you do. They are not your paid friends. [which reminds me I came across a fabulous article from the NY Observer about wealthy people having paid friends, the dark side of The Entourage. Someone hear may have posted it, or I followed a link, can't recall exactly.]

Ramona, if you want people to listen to your toast, (1) have one prepared because you are a terrible off-the-cuff speaker, and (2) do it from a position where everyone can see you, because starting a toast while randomly standing in the middle of the party is not the way to go.

Edited 8/17 because I only now noticed I typed "magical" not maniacal. That was odd!

Edited by Mrs peel
  • Love 6

What is this 'Girl Code' they all keep prattling about? I went to an all-girl school from Kindergarten to 18 and I never heard of it. The only Code we practiced was Don't Get Caught.

I can't bring myself to listen to and transcribe LuAnn's new shit, oops, I mean hit, single but People has shared the very tenets of the Girl Code:

Don't Steal Her Man

"If you want to keep your girlfriends, always know when it's appropriate to flirt."

Be a Good Wingwoman

"It means you share the bill – and always have each other's back."

Be Supportive

"Never bash a girl's career. And always be honest when a friend asks, 'How does this look?' "

Keep Secrets

"Don't gossip about each other and never speak of nips and tucks."

Always Share Designer Everything

"This is so prevalent in the television business: If you or a friend has an 'in' with a designer, you should always share that."

Don't Drink and Text Each Other

"Self-explanatory."

Be Inclusive of Other Women

"Don't be a friend stealer! It drives me crazy when a girlfriend steals another girlfriend."

Never Let Her Get Bangs

"They take forever to grow out."

Hmmm... I think LuAnn needs a refresher course.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 4

Carole in fact does call Sonja out and then asks that Sonja not talk about her family. Technically, Carole should have said, my late husband's family. There is really no recognition for cousin-in-laws. It is always my husband's cousin or cousin by marriage.

Says who? Family is family whether by blood or marriage and first cousins are close relations, especially in the case of John and Anthony, who seemed like brothers. There is no need for Carole to make any kind of distinguishing remark to that effect.

I call all my mother's cousins as well as their spouses "uncle" and "aunt," and tend to think of them that way.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 14

Glad you asked that.  I figured the way Lu-man means it, is that it's mostly about keeping your trap shut about your friends' secrets.  Seems like an EXTREMELY juvenile way of behaving to me.  Discretion is one thing, but just where does this secret-keeping crap end?  When you see your friends committing crimes (not that Lu-man did that, but just sayin')?  Idk, to me, Lu has revealed herself to be a very lowball kind of woman.  And I'm not referring to her slutty/sex-addict leanings.  It's her outright nastiness & this not caring about sleeping with married men.  I'm just not digging her at all anymore.  Her prattling on about how seeing Carole & Adam together was making her ill?  That babble was making ME ill.  So thanks for that, Lu-man.

And maybe it was Carole's purposeful choice to not have children.  But how do we know for sure she didn't make that choice after going thru a shit-ton of emotional pain to make this a conscious decision?  I strongly suspect she did.  So Lu-man's very clear dig on Carole not having children was absolutely nasty as fuck -- and it obviously hurt Carole.  Ugh, I hated watching that.  That kind of cruelty makes me nauseous.

Look, to make a dig on a woman not having children is nasty as fuck no matter whether the woman ever wanted children or not.  And isn't this usually an exceptionally personal/private issue (the decision of having children) which most women never discuss with anyone except those closest to them?  Idk, I just thought Lu making that crack & then laughing about it afterward was so vile & so incredibly cruel & thoughtless, it made me shudder.  Lu has complained bitterly about the times she has been the focus of Moaner's thoughtless & cruel comments.  And yet here Lu heaped one even more cruel & thoughtless (than anything Moaner has said to her) on Carole.  Blech.

I could see Girl Code maybe applying to the concept of not going after your friends' exes.  But it seems ridiculously stupid to me.  And I'm not getting how this aspect applies to Carole.  She doesn't know Lu's niece.  I think Lu is annoyed that Carole met Adam thru her, cuz she met him in Lu's kitchen.  And maybe the niece is blaming Lu for this relationship starting in the first place.  I wonder if Lu's problem with this relationship begins & ends with the niece.  Oy, niece, get the fuck over skinny/gawky/scraggly Adam already, would ya, hun?  This shit is giving me a headache, so stop being the cause of this nonsense, niece.  And the kicker of all this is the niece could find someone better-looking & more interesting & with more going on than Adam in about a second.  What gives?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 8

What is this 'Girl Code' they all keep prattling about?

Eh, I used the expression "you broke the girl code" to the bitch who asked my husband if he wanted to go home with her that night and have her read 50 Shades of Gray to him. She crashed boys nite out.  And she wonders why the wives/girlfriends are now giving her the cold shoulder!

Lou lost me forever with her attack on Carole regarding children.   There are some places you just don't go.

Edited by One More Time
  • Love 7

I can't bring myself to listen to and transcribe LuAnn's new shit, oops, I mean hit, single but People has shared the very tenets of the Girl Code:

Don't Steal Her Man

"If you want to keep your girlfriends, always know when it's appropriate to flirt."

Be a Good Wingwoman

"It means you share the bill – and always have each other's back."

Be Supportive

"Never bash a girl's career. And always be honest when a friend asks, 'How does this look?' "

Keep Secrets

"Don't gossip about each other and never speak of nips and tucks."

Always Share Designer Everything

"This is so prevalent in the television business: If you or a friend has an 'in' with a designer, you should always share that."

Don't Drink and Text Each Other

"Self-explanatory."

Be Inclusive of Other Women

"Don't be a friend stealer! It drives me crazy when a girlfriend steals another girlfriend."

Never Let Her Get Bangs

"They take forever to grow out."

Hmmm... I think LuAnn needs a refresher course.

Got to laugh at her "list" as she, herself, has broken many of these rules herself! LOL

1, LuAnn went after Harry, even though she knew Sonja was seeing him.

2, I don't remember LuAnn ever "sharing" a bill, production pays for all meals/drinks on film and she doesn't have her friends "backs" either.

3, She has made fun of Ramona's drinks/jewelry/booze, Sonja's TO/fashion line/Nigerian FT and has made fun of how others dress.

4, LuAnn gossips as much as the rest of them and has mentioned that others, like Ramona, have had something adjusted.

5, Has LuAnn ever shared any "designers" she knows with the other HWs? I don't remember ever seeing her gift any of her own "designs" to the others either.

6, I notice that she doesn't mention drinking and tweeting! LOL

7, Wait, didn't she try to "steal" Dorinda from Ramona? LOL

8, Bangs? She is reaching! LOL

• Love 7

By whom?

It's all "relative."    LOL

I can tell you that as a native New Yorker of Italian descent, family is family whether they're blood relatives, related by marriage or very close friends considered family.   Try telling Don Corleone that Tom Hagan (not legally adopted) wasn't "family."   LOL  When you marry into a family, you become part of that family.  Anthony and JFK Jr. were as close as brothers so that makes Carole's relationship with John that much stronger.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 14

Or 20-something's are now using it and she heard it from her daughter (or no, that can't be true because then Carole would be using it.)

Sadly, she did it use it. When bitching in a TH about Ramona's shenanigans in Turks & Caicos a couple of episodes back. And she wasn't being ironic.

• Love 1

Says who? Family is family whether by blood or marriage and first cousins are close relations, especially in the case of John and Anthony, who seemed like brothers. There is no need for Carole to make any kind of distinguishing remark to that effect.

I call all my mother's cousins as well as their spouses "uncle" and "aunt," and tend to think of them that way.

For one and all who jumped me about being technical about family.  Cousin-in-laws are not recognized either anthropologically or socially.  Family can be defined many ways and I support the idea that she John and Carolyn Bisset were the closest of friends.  Carole is not the keeper of JFK, Jr.'s memory.  My best guess and I am allowed a guess, is the Kennedys would never even form a response to Sonja's drunken or delusional ramblings.  No response, not a I would prefer you not talk about him.  Carole was asked the question directly and upon review-it was Heather who called JFK, Jr. her family.  Carole wrote a book and went on a reality show and has discussed her relationship from time to time with JFK, Jr.  She really can't act as if his memory is so sacred-as she profited off her introduction and subsequent relationship to him.

Carole did not meet JFK, Jr., until he was in his thirties.  He had a life with notables such as SJP and Darryl Hannah so Carole does not have a guest list to every party and would have no way of knowing if he ever met Sonja. I abhor the term party because when I associate Carole with "partying" the visual of a 50 something woman yakking up in a pedicab comes to mind. With Sonja it is a drunken lush who needs a snatchguard.  JFK, Jr.  had a life outside of Anthony and Carole's and I believe Sonja mentioned the magazine (George Magazine) parties.  Carole was asked how she felt and I think she should have left it at that instead of addressing Sonja directly.  When Sonja uses the term "friend" she intentionally or unintentionally cheapens the relationship Carole enjoyed with her husband's cousin who obviously considered her a dear friend by choice.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1