Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E17: London Calling

• Start Topic

So there's a clip up on Bravo from next week's episode: Where Are the Hot Guys?! Ramona Singer is on the prowl! And she's demanding that Bethenny find her some hot men at the Skinny Girl event. I feel like the word "boor" was invented just in the off chance that a woman named Ramona Singer would come into existence. 

In any case, the real reason why I shared this clip is because at some point, Ramona has a conversation with a man who is short. Like, she's towering over him. He very well could be 5'4" or shorter. And I swear, for all the conversations this season about Carole being SATC-esque in her behavior, that moment of Ramona talking with the short man reminded me so much of when Samantha dated the short dude. Just as with Samantha and her guy, the man Ramona converses with literally is eye level with her breasts.

• Love 4

So there's a clip up on Bravo from next week's episode: Where Are the Hot Guys?! Ramona Singer is on the prowl! And she's demanding that Bethenny find her some hot men at the Skinny Girl event. I feel like the word "boor" was invented just in the off chance that a woman named Ramona Singer would come into existence. 

In any case, the real reason why I shared this clip is because at some point, Ramona has a conversation with a man who is short. Like, she's towering over him. He very well could be 5'4" or shorter. And I swear, for all the conversations this season about Carole being SATC-esque in her behavior, that moment of Ramona talking with the short man reminded me so much of when Samantha dated the short dude. Just as with Samantha and her guy, the man Ramona converses with literally is eye level with her breasts.

How about at the end of the clip when Bethenny asks what's wrong with a nice looking guy, he is standing right next to Bethenny, and Ramona says "but he's a BARTENDER", because as we all know, a lowly bartender is not good enough, not enough money, for Ramona! Ramona really is a piece of work!

• Love 10
(edited)

So, Bethenny hootin', hollerin', and mocking Ramona's personal business to all and sundry is fine? Is this the same B○○ch who has consistently and persistently whined about people "a knockin' on her walls", wanting muted attention, and talking about certain people not minding their business? Well, well, well.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 14

How about at the end of the clip when Bethenny asks what's wrong with a nice looking guy, he is standing right next to Bethenny, and Ramona says "but he's a BARTENDER", because as we all know, a lowly bartender is not good enough, not enough money, for Ramona! Ramona really is a piece of work!

Moaner's I-am-a-temptress-who-demands-the-best routine rings incredibly false to me. It's like she is frantic to show Mario and the world that he lost a desirable, sexy and sophisticated woman (we know she's all these things because she's told us more than once, eye roll ) but, rather than accomplishing that goal, she's just so crass. Another season of this and she'll achieve Sonja levels of pathetic. It's hard for me to reconcile this Moaner with the one from seasons past.

• Love 9

Yet I kinda loved that scene! Was it a horribly rude, elitist thing to say in real life? Absolutely. But it was funny in the context of reality TV and Real/Divorced Housewives. I kinda liked it in that we got insight into Ramona vs. the other single ladies. We all know Luann likes hot men (to a certain extent Sonja as well, but I think she'll fuck anything with a dick when drunk), but I find it a rather interesting contrast to Ramona.

They're both all about facades and appearances but in different ways. I don't ever see Ramona hooking up with a 20-something model because she'd find it the height of impropriety, which I find hilarious in its own twisted way. 

• Love 4
(edited)

It is a two way street-Ramona acts the fool for always demanding an endless supply of 50 year old good looking men who have been married before and have children, and Bethenny's customer base is (a) women under 40 years old and (b) more wage earner than mover and shaker.  So I don't know why Ramona would think Skinny Girl would be the appropriate hunting grounds.  Bethenny needs to tell her to knock it off, or STFU like she did Sonya.  These two are trying to make a bit out of it and it is not working.  So Bethenny has once again found her runway for her little comedy bits.  Bethenny has a pretty good natural sense of humor these forced bits don't work.  Ramona needs to be trolling in the sunset cruise waters.  Dinner two drinks and home before nine.  I am not trying to age shame her but all the years she lorded over single women because she had Mario I just think she needs a reality check of what is out there. 

Yet I kinda loved that scene! Was it a horribly rude, elitist thing to say in real life? Absolutely. But it was funny in the context of reality TV and Real/Divorced Housewives. I kinda liked it in that we got insight into Ramona vs. the other single ladies. We all know Luann likes hot men (to a certain extent Sonja as well, but I think she'll fuck anything with a dick when drunk), but I find it a rather interesting contrast to Ramona.

They're both all about facades and appearances but in different ways. I don't ever see Ramona hooking up with a 20-something model because she'd find it the height of impropriety, which I find hilarious in its own twisted way. 

Ramona doesn't want to hook up and have sex she wants some guy to ply her with compliments and then send him on his way at the end of the evening after she tells him he doesn't measure up to Mario..  Ramona needs a walker-and I don't mean the kind with handles and tennis balls on its legs.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 8

What Ramona wanted Bethenny to do was vet the guys she invited so that they were all over 50, divorced with grown or college age kids and fat wallets so that they could afford her and keep her in the lifestyle she demands! In other words, she wanted Bethenny to have Mario there minus his mistress(s). LOL

• Love 6

Then maybe Ramona needs to hook up with the Millionaire Matchmaker woman and specify what she's looking for so that woman can tell her about reality.

With any luck she could have a Manzo in her future!

Screeeechhh....

Wait. Did the earth just shift on its axis?

Or did Andy just...

• Love 3

Then maybe Ramona needs to hook up with the Millionaire Matchmaker woman and specify what she's looking for so that woman can tell her about reality.

I would love for someone to tell Ramona the truth. Ramona will never find what she is looking for, which is basically another Mario. She wants someone in her age range, someone who is handsome, charming, fit, financially secure and charming. The problem is that all of those guys want what Mario wanted - someone younger who wasn't Ramona. No one who has his shit together and isn't a total loon would be able to stand anything about Ramona. She looks great for her age and has a great body, but so do 35 year olds which is who she is competing with. If she had any charm, or warmth, intelligence or wit, she might have a chance. She has none of that. If she wants someone she is going to need to do a "Sonja" and find some old guy who will put up with a lot to have a younger, pretty wife. 

• Love 14

I don't take Dorinda's use of the word 'pure' as some sort of reference to a master race.  It's just so pretentious.  Real, genuine, or authentic come to mind if describing a relationship.

• Love 6

This is a great idea but alas Millionaire Matchmakers moved on from Bravo. 

I would love for someone to tell Ramona the truth. Ramona will never find what she is looking for, which is basically another Mario. She wants someone in her age range, someone who is handsome, charming, fit, financially secure and charming. The problem is that all of those guys want what Mario wanted - someone younger who wasn't Ramona. No one who has his shit together and isn't a total loon would be able to stand anything about Ramona. She looks great for her age and has a great body, but so do 35 year olds which is who she is competing with. If she had any charm, or warmth, intelligence or wit, she might have a chance. She has none of that. If she wants someone she is going to need to do a "Sonja" and find some old guy who will put up with a lot to have a younger, pretty wife. 

What is strange is Ramona knows what broke up her marriage-and it wasn't the other woman-it was Ramona being so incredibly self-absorbed.  I don't see anyone with an ounce of self-esteem being in the same room with Ramona let alone dating her.  When I see scenes last week at the charity it further convinces me as long as Ramona is on a reality show she will be alone.

• Love 7

With any luck she could have a Manzo in her future!

Screeeechhh....

Wait. Did the earth just shift on its axis?

Or did Andy just...

Well they are children of privilege...

• Love 1

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/rhony-reunion-fight-blows-up-between-countess-luann-carole-radziwill-2015237Hmm, here is more info about LuAnn lunging at Carole during the reunion......

If this "insider source is to be believed, LuAnn tries to use Adam/niece/Carole once again! LOL

How hysterical that Ramona fell asleep.  Andy has been saying that Ramona did something he couldn't believe, and had never seen on a reunion before.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I am sorry but Ramona falling asleep is right up there with coasters being glued to the bedazzled jeans.  My guess is no one was talking about Ramona so she went  deep into end zone.  Nothing screams of youth and vitality quite like nodding off during filming.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9

How hysterical that Ramona fell asleep.  Andy has been saying that Ramona did something he couldn't believe, and had never seen on a reunion before.  

I am sorry but Ramona falling asleep is right up there with coasters being glued to the bedazzled jeans.  My guess is no one was talking about Ramona so she went  deep into end zone.  Nothing screams of youth and vitality quite like nodding off during filming.

How could anyone fall asleep with yelling/fighting going on next to you? :0 Yep, her "vitality and youth" are showing in full forcZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz! LOL

• Love 10

She probably overdid the Xanax.  :/ 

Last year when Ramona does the serious, "Andy. . . . ," with her preplanned answers and then goes off the rails and starts carrying on about Andy's sex life.   As long as all these women just excuse her because she, acts like a five year old, that is just who she is, friend of Sonja's whatever the excuse they will have her around.

• Love 3
(edited)

Last year when Ramona does the serious, "Andy. . . . ," with her preplanned answers and then goes off the rails and starts carrying on about Andy's sex life.   As long as all these women just excuse her because she, acts like a five year old, that is just who she is, friend of Sonja's whatever the excuse they will have her around.

I agree.  Ramona is just a joke.  People might only like her because her fuckfaced behavior makes theirs look better.  Argh.

We all get older but her preening "I'm better!  I"m better than Casey (Mario's gf when it all hit the fan publicly)!  I'm hotter and younger!  I grew my titties through Kettleballing and planking!" routine is really pathetic.  I don't think she needs to grow old(er) gracefully at all.  Eff that, let Carole buy up F21 and let LuAnn show you how to take on paddleboarding gamely.  I am all for being as young as you feel and adventurous always.  But that's not Ramona -- she is obviously an enhanced, sniffy-snorty-shifty-bitchy piece of Restylaned crapsack and having her nod off like Sophia in 'The Golden Girls' (something Dorothy, Blanche and Rose didn't do) is HILARIOUS.  She really comes across as far too fucking old for this franchise.  She's uncomfortable with flirty black men and rudely intercepts, toddles in her charmless cowpoke walk when in heels, is conversationally empty and a dullard.  She really needs to be torturing her little dog, eating Werther's while drinking enormous amounts of her cheap-assed wine and curling her bangs with that one brave roller.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 15

I agree. Ramona is just a joke. People might only like her because her fuckfaced behavior makes theirs look better. Argh.

We all get older but her preening "I'm better! I"m better than Casey (Mario's gf when it all hit the fan publicly)! I'm hotter and younger! I grew my titties through Kettleballing and planking!" routine is really pathetic. I don't think she needs to grow old(er) gracefully at all. Eff that, let Carole buy up F21 and let LuAnn show you how to take on paddleboarding gamely. I am all for being as young as you feel and adventurous always. But that's not Ramona -- she is obviously an enhanced, sniffy-snorty-shifty-bitchy piece of Restylaned crapsack and having her nod off like Sophia in 'The Golden Girls' (something Dorothy, Blanche and Rose didn't do) is HILARIOUS. She really comes across as far too fucking old for this franchise. She's uncomfortable with flirty black men and rudely intercepts, toddles in her charmless cowpoke walk when in heels, is conversationally empty and a dullard. She really needs to be torturing her little dog, eating Werther's while drinking enormous amounts of her cheap-assed wine and curling her bangs with that one brave roller.

How you do go on! But, do go on.

• Love 2
(edited)

I agree. Ramona is just a joke. People might only like her because her fuckfaced behavior makes theirs look better. Argh.

We all get older but her preening "I'm better! I"m better than Casey (Mario's gf when it all hit the fan publicly)! I'm hotter and younger! I grew my titties through Kettleballing and planking!" routine is really pathetic. I don't think she needs to grow old(er) gracefully at all. Eff that, let Carole buy up F21 and let LuAnn show you how to take on paddleboarding gamely. I am all for being as young as you feel and adventurous always. But that's not Ramona -- she is obviously an enhanced, sniffy-snorty-shifty-bitchy piece of Restylaned crapsack and having her nod off like Sophia in 'The Golden Girls' (something Dorothy, Blanche and Rose didn't do) is HILARIOUS. She really comes across as far too fucking old for this franchise. She's uncomfortable with flirty black men and rudely intercepts, toddles in her charmless cowpoke walk when in heels, is conversationally empty and a dullard. She really needs to be torturing her little dog, eating Werther's while drinking enormous amounts of her cheap-assed wine and curling her bangs with that one brave roller.

No one really likes Ramona, the Ramona we see on TV, but I will agree with her on Casey. Mario is a cad and his hot side piece knew he was married, so, I would say in this one case, yes, Ramona is the better person. That may be the only time I say that, however! She is a piece of work.

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 5

Touching scene at the church and especially back in the hotel room.  It felt very real, very raw IMO.

Yes!  

I was a little surprised that Dorinda didn't accompany Carole to the church but I'm glad she didn't.   Her presence would have spoiled it for me.

• Love 6

Yes!  

I was a little surprised that Dorinda didn't accompany Carole to the church but I'm glad she didn't.   Her presence would have spoiled it for me.

I found that odd as well but I am also glad she did not go. Carole and Dorinda are not close at all and her presence would have been fake and intrusive IMO.

• Love 3

Awkward. With the priest. Saying "oh my god" in the sanctuary made me cringe (thanks for the entrenched fear of god mom). And she didn't know how to address the priest? Hmm.

I did feel badly for her. I think that was hard for her to do on camera. It did cross my mind that I am thankful for my siblings and my one remaining parent, because no way would they have let me cross the pond alone for that task. Is all she has, a reality show co worker? Yah I get she's a widow also.

• Love 3
(edited)

"......toddles in her charmless cowpoke walk when in heels, is conversationally empty and a dullard."

The BEST description of Ramona and that walk. Ever.  

Too too good, Midnight Cheese!

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 7

Awkward. With the priest. Saying "oh my god" in the sanctuary made me cringe (thanks for the entrenched fear of god mom). And she didn't know how to address the priest? Hmm.

I did feel badly for her. I think that was hard for her to do on camera. It did cross my mind that I am thankful for my siblings and my one remaining parent, because no way would they have let me cross the pond alone for that task. Is all she has, a reality show co worker? Yah I get she's a widow also.

IMO, Carole looked like she want to be anywhere else other than there, ANYWHERE! She looked like a deer caught in the headlights. I really believe her when she said that she didn't expect this to hit her like it did, I don't think she was prepared for the pain/emotion she felt after all these years.

• Love 5

I know Carole has at least several siblings...I'm not sure how close they are these days though((been a while since I read her first book)). I'm guessing perhaps they're private working-class types who aren't comfortable appearing on television?

She makes no bones about her humble beginnings, which I actually find rather refreshing, unlike Ramona, who acts every bit like all the other entitled new money types out there.

Looking forward to her thoughtfully calm London storyline though---sounds like a nice break from all the usual drunken vacation/dramatic dinner party/boozy bitchy brunch madness we've been inundated with this season. Watching her honestly interact with Dorinda and gladly discuss their late husbands and previous lives was probably the most refreshingly real moment on the season thus far.

• Love 7

I know I'll probably be disappointed but, I have hope for this trip. Carole seems so thoughtful and understanding with Dorinda. She acknowledges Dorinda is still "in it" and thought hers was safely tucked in the past. I really hope we get to see the two of them on this common journey, separately. I want to see Dorinda move into the next phase and gain some freedom for herself. It's also very real to see Carole realize that it may not be everyday, but it's always going to be there.

There's a way not to fake this up and I think these two might just be the ones to make it happen.

• Love 8
Carole and Dorinda arrive in London and bond over losing their husbands. In New York, Sonja tutors Ramona in the art of dating when both are invited to a party, which becomes a fiery affair featuring Ramona on the prowl. Also: Carole and Dorinda have a cocktail bash with old friends.
What are you doing here without Dorinda?. That's the question I have for Carole. What's the point of the two of them going on this trip if Dorinda didn't accompany Carole to the church to pick up the urn? I thought that was kind of strange. Everything about it was sad and seemingly painful. But Carole did say she didn't expect it to have such an emotional impact, so maybe she wanted to go alone.
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't find it strange Dorinda isn't with her at the church, that seems to be asking much. It's far different to me than just accompanying her on the trip (two widows with a shared past experience and unfinished business in the same foreign city). What would Dorinda actually do for Carole in that moment? Probably just stand there awkwardly or make the situation worse (by making Carole self-conscious, feel embarrassed, encroaching on her personal space and need to be alone because Dorinda feels she has to do something etc.). If Heather was with her, then yes, I would think she would have gone with her to the church since they have a personal deep connection (but I wouldn't find it strange if she even left Heather behind too). For me I'm thankful Dorinda is off doing her own thing regarding her past instead of following Carole around. I'm sure they meet up for lunch and dinner to have some company, deep reflection and conversation when their minds and emotions aren't being overwhelmed by the past.

edited: I have this habit of spelling Carole's name without the e.

Edited by jvr
  • Love 5
(edited)

I never thought that I would cry tears of empathy/sympathy watching this show. 

This is the Carole and the Dorinda I love.

And I think this is the best Carole has EVER looked.  I take back my stupid comment months ago that Adam is only dating her b/c of her connections.  I now want to do her.  :)

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 20
(edited)

I'm unexpectedly enjoying the conversation and growing closeness between Carole and Dorinda. They haven't had much time together this season. 

I know academia is filled with professorial hijinks, but I had some trouble envisioning Richard being a big target for aggressive female students.

Where did Bethenny get all those cute male guests?! Craigslist open casting call?

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 12

I enjoyed the conversation between Carole and Dorinda. It was nice to hear dialogue about such a life changing event in their lives. I wish the show hadn't stuck in scenes of Moaner and Sonja talking about one night stands. It didn't jibe with the serious conversation between C. And D.

• Love 24

Aw man! This episode is tough for me this week! My cousin's ashes are being spread this weekend and we just spend this past at a music festival she and my sisters and I went to every year. Feeling veklempt.

• Love 24