Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Judgy Eyes & Tahitian Skies

• Start Topic

Meghan hosts a game night for couples, but gossip flies when her husband is absent. In other events, Shannon and David visit their therapist, and the ladies depart for a tropical getaway to French Polynesia.

I just caught this week's preview. #ShutUpMeghan

Leave it to Heather to feel compelled to go shopping for new clothes for their Tahitian vacation. OK, I did find it funny how quickly Terry lost interest in that baroque desk clock once he heard Alexis's husband bought one.

Meanwhile, Meghan struggles to raise a step-daughter who will be moving out in less than a year. As Dr Laura has said, "Don't bother, you're not going to make a difference at this point". Does that couple's gaming night look lame?

• Love 5

OMG! can't we just skip game night and go straight to Moorea? I'm really starting to hate them and didn't we just freaking have bunco night? Do we really need more than one of those per season? Enough already!

OK Dubrows we get it. You are very very rich bitches who buy $400 shirts and blouses. Jeez!  

So a day date for Heather and Terry is popping champs in the back of an SUV and clothes shopping? OK

• Love 5
(edited)
Heather and Terry are insufferable. No one needs a $400 jersey cotton t-shirt. Stupid. I bet their builders are totally fleecing them. They're an easy mark for sure.

They really seem the type to pay more money for things just because they can, regardless of whether an item is of superior quality or not.  They're idiots, and very "new money" and it's evident.  We've yet to hear Shannon mention the costs of things. 

It was annoying to me that Terry and Heather didn't want the desk clock in the jewelry store once they found out Jim Bellino liked it.  They couldn't be gracious and say, "Well, it is a lovely clock."  If anything, buying the clock says to Jim, "I bought the clock and now you can't have it."  I'm just really not liking Heather at all this season, and it's disappointing because I really liked her on her first season.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 3

OMG! can't we just skip game night and go straight to Moorea? I'm really starting to hate them and didn't we just freaking have bunco night? Do we really need more than one of those per season? Enough already!

OK Dubrows we get it. You are very very rich bitches who buy $400 shirts and blouses. Jeez!  

So a day date for Heather and Terry is popping champs in the back of an SUV and clothes shopping? OK

Why do I get the feeling Meghan is just being a "copy-cat" with that party?

Why didn't Heather and Terry have a car wreck when they were popping and pouring that bottle open in the front seat?

Were the Dubrows buying new jewelry for the trip?

• Love 2

Why didn't Heather and Terry have a car wreck when they were popping and pouring that bottle open in the front seat?

Were the Dubrows buying new jewelry for the trip?

The Dubrows were in the back seat been chauffeured.

They did appear to go into a jewelry store at some point but I don't know if they brought anything. 

• Love 1

I was aghast when I saw the sneak peek of Meghan saying to Shannon that Shannon has "judgmental eyes".  I thought, really, are you going to stir it up, AGAIN?  What a "hostess with the mostess".  Can't wait to see it all in its entirety.

• Love 4

The Dubrows were in the back seat been chauffeured.

It appeared like they were in the front seat, making me wonder if they were trying out a self-driving car or if their limo was sitting on a trailer.

I think Meghan is a bit desperate to try and get Shannon to erupt.  I think it is weird she chooses games like The Newlywed Game for entertainment.  I think Terry and Jimmy hot Happy Hour at the local easy lay bar.  Terry can go on and on about his famous friend and Jimmy can talk about his friend the reality TV star plastic surgeon.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
I think Meghan is a bit desperate to try and get Shannon to erupt.  I think it is weird she chooses games like The Newlywed Game for entertainment.

I thought that game was intended to pick at Shannon.  I just think this is such a cruel move.  I mean, David and Shannon are not childless.  They have children that are involved, and these people are trying to work on a fragile marriage. 

Speaking of Meghan, I thought it was funny when Christian inquired as to Jimmy's whereabouts, that he interrupted Meghan's reply and walked off like he didn't really care what she had to say.  It was rude, but since it was directed towards Meghan, I thought it was great.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 6

The Dubrows are exhaustingly boring.  They can overpay all the like for clothes.  Who cares?  They were in the back seat of the SUV, so they had a driver.  I would have liked an accident so they could be fined for having an open container.  Unfortunately it probably would have gone against the driver.  

BTW when saying Moorea, you pronounce both o's, like Mo-oh-ray-ah. http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/audio.pl?moore01g.wav=Moorea

• Love 2
(edited)

Yah, nice game night decor Meghan. My kids birthday parties looked just like that, when they were toddlers! Wow, rainbow party gift bags ($1 each) and jars of candy. I think she thought game night was for kids when I watched her and Hayley decorating.

No, no sympathy for Meghan from me. You agreed to this marriage...sold your soul to get on the show. Now you get to clean and babysit. Apparently she never watched the Sound of Music. The Baroness knew if she tied the knot they could afford boarding school.

Just like Na-po-o-po-o Road in Hawaii is not pronounced Na-poo-poo Road. Don't ask me how I know. :-)

This discussion reminds me of the movie Honeymoon in Vegas. Nick Cage on the phone looking for a house where his girlfriend, SJP, is, in Hawaii. He can't pronounce any of the towns or streets. He finally gives up and says just tell me how to get to Jack Lord or Don Ho's neighborhood...it must be a nice one...

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 4

I thought that game was intended to pick at Shannon.  I just think this is such a cruel move.  I mean, David and Shannon are not childless.  They have children that are involved, and these people are trying to work on a fragile marriage. 

Wow, that did not even occur to me! What a bitch move on Meghan's part.

• Love 4
(edited)

FFS, can we stop with the fake Meghan-is-parenting story?!?! #badacting

I agree, those games were meant to stir stuff up because why have that game if the hostess doesn't have her SO.

Megan, Shannon is giving you judgy eyes because your boric story was a thinly veiled age attack. #goaway.

Seriously folks, Megan is making me hate this show. She reminds me of gretchie-poo.

Vicki should not be judging other people's outfits, she of the backless dresses.

When was lizzie demoted to FOH? I.e why is she on this trip?

Edited by jennypenny
  • Love 6

So is game night, Pillow Talk 2: The Revenge?

LOL, it is called a producer planned party, not the HW hosting it! LOL

Yup. I just can't stand Meghan. She's an awful person. She's making me an awful person for actually siding with Vicki giving he grief. Do you know how wrong that is? Siding with Vicki?! Who does that? Me. I'm rolling my eyes at myself and hanging my head in shame.

No matter what, I can't side with Vicki. As nasty as Meghan is, Vicki still goes lower IMO. LOL

• Love 9

Why is Lizzie a 'friend of the housewives' this season? She's on there enough to be regular cast. Tahiti looks beautiful!

I'm tired of Meghan, she's always picking at Shannon. I'm surprised Shannon got sick, she takes all those herbs and vitamins.

I understand where the women are coming from about Meghan and Jimmy not being together enough. Why isn't she living in St. Louis? I know she said so she could take care of Hayley but at the time this was filmed Hayley's mother was still alive and she was married so Hayley had a step-father there too. The girl is almost 18 not 8.

And letting a 17 year old go out to party at 11PM is #badparenting.

• Love 14
(edited)

Same old Vicki, counting everyone else's money.

Go back a few seasons or five and remember her waxing poetic about her buying her own Rolex (she was clearly pissed that Don didn't buy it for her) also the yacht she wanted to buy and had a family meeting about selling the Havasu house to buy said yacht and the family shut her down.

She sees money as a persons real worth in her world.

Hey Vickster I may have 1k to my name or 1m, which me would you befriend?

Edited by mbaywife123
  • Love 16

I understand where the women are coming from about Meghan and Jimmy not being together enough. Why isn't she living in St. Louis? I know she said so she could take care of Hayley but at the time this was filmed Hayley's mother was still alive and she was married so Hayley had a step-father there too. The girl is almost 18 not 8.

She's in the OC instead of St. Louis to be on the show. Which of course she can't say because it's breaking the 4th wall, and the ladies know that, so they must really dislike her to grill her on it.

• Love 23

Shut up, Meghan!

You too, Shannon! Does that marriage counciler live in a hotel, or does she work between changing sets of sheets?

Was I having deja vu, or did we see that pearl-diving mannequin before they arrived in Tahiti?

• Love 6

It's cruel and malevolent for Meghan to host a couples-oriented party for the cast (something that is a seasonal occurrence on this installment of the franchise in particular) just because her co-worker displayed horrific judgment in airing her marital laundry on national television? And at the point this ep was filmed, would Meghan even have been aware of David's infidelity (it's possible someone could have clued her in but she didn't even know Heather well prior to beginning filming)? Shannon herself is doing herself no favors this year with the material she's supplying to editing vis-a-vis talking shit about the Edmonds while Meghan was hosting her in her home. I find Meghan self-important and braggadocio-ish but it's more comical/ridiculous to me than offensive. Vicki's "confusion" is a pretext to jealousy over the aesthetic differential between herself and the other women and the nominal unfairness that differential has yielded. She's both revisonistic (didn't Donn support her prior to and while she started her insurance business, her present commentary to the contrary?) and myopic (Heather did not bring in any revenue streams comparable to Terry's earnings prior to joining the show, and a couple of hundred k is still a drop in the bucket when contrasted against their monetary output) in her preoccupation with the specifics of the Edmonds union. I don't think that the state of Meghan and Jim's relationship augurs well for a long-lasting romance but I can see why Vicki's probing "confusion" eventually elicits the "you're just an old woman who's bitter and pissed off" remark.

• Love 14

Megs says she was in Jim's kids lives for 2 years prior to marriage-- as what? Their Nanny? because Jim just divorced his wife last year.

I can understand a bit what Vicki is saying. If you are not the one that is going out and earning the $$ you should clear large purchases with the earning spouse (luxury purchases) and any large purchase. If you are both earning or you have your own income, I still feel like there is a little leeway. It is called consideration.  I don't know why Meghan stopped working though. She has no kids and why throw away a career? 

• Love 12
(edited)

Megs says she was in Jim's kids lives for 2 years prior to marriage-- as what? Their Nanny? because Jim just divorced his wife last year.

I can understand a bit what Vicki is saying. If you are not the one that is going out and earning the $$ you should clear large purchases with the earning spouse (luxury purchases) and any large purchase. If you are both earning or you have your own income, I still feel like there is a little leeway. It is called consideration. I don't know why Meghan stopped working though. She has no kids and why throw away a career?

Boy, wouldn't you all want to know what wife #2 Allison Edmonds is thinking while watching Meghan in action on this show? Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 21
(edited)

She says she gave up her career. Too funny.

She didn't have a real career! Remember, she supposedly modeled, and then was on Style Networks Resale Royalty as a salesgirl in 2013. How long could she have been selling medical equipment before quitting, 6 months? A year tops?

Edited by IKnowRight
  • Love 6

Boy, wouldn't you all want to know what wife #2 Allison Edmonds is thinking while watching Meghan in action on this show?

She is probably thinking the same thing the rest of us are that Meghan is a goldigger and an asshole and is probably happy to be rid of mister personality Jimmy Baseball.

• Love 13

She says she gave up her career. Too funny.

She didn't have a real career! Remember, she supposedly modeled, and then was on Style Networks Resale Royalty as a salesgirl in 2013. How long could she have been selling medical equipment before quitting, 6 months? A year tops?

In one conversation, Meghan said that she sold "medical equipment" and then, she said she sold "medical software".  I was confused....but, I was also a bit put off by Vicki's constant harping, again, about Meghan not having a job.

• Love 5

I personally don't travel well - I tend to pick up whatever is circulating on an airplane-- even a very long drive- 10-13 hours takes me at least a day to recuperate and I often have a stomach illness at first. I can sympathize with Shannon. I don't do lots of holistic stuff-- just vitamins and try to eat healthy etc. But my Mom does all that stuff because she is very prone to picking up any virus d/t a chronic health condition. She was smart to rest instead of meeting for drinks the first night. 

• Love 6

It's always been our money in my marriage. I could empty out our bank accounts and my husband wold never know because he doesn't look at any statements or bills. Not that I would, cuz I'm not an asshole. He doesn't give a shit what I spend, but any large purchase is discussed. But he doesn't have to worry about my spending because I hate shopping. In short, shut up, Vicki!

Meghan,I keep trying to give you another chance, but you're making it difficult.

Is the marriage counselor on staff at the hotel? I guess it's cheaper to rent a room than office space! And, JFC, Shannon, I can't believe you got all upset because David did pick the same answer as you.

I was so happy to see the clip of Tamara running again! Never gets old!

• Love 16
(edited)

When was this episode filmed? In her TH Meghan mentions that Haley's mom passed away. LeAnn passed away last Wednesday (July 22nd) which would mean the TH segment was just filmed.

Maybe I didn't hear it correctly? Oops...now I get it they just "reported" LeeAnn's death on July 22nd.

Sorry?

Edit---Looks like LeAnn did just pass away...she was alive during this episode. So Meghan's TH was added.

Edited by talula
(edited)

Sometimes when I have my back turned away from the tv and Shannon is speaking, I picture that it's Liberace speaking.  lol

I wish someone had asked Vicki if Brooks asks her before he spends her money.  I can't stand Meghan, but why is the dynamics of her marriage any of Vicki's business?  It sure didn't take her long to get over her mother's death and back to her classless bullying.  It's clear she's jealous of all of the wives that don't have to bring home a paycheck.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 9

If I were Heather.... I'd probably have shrink wrapped all  my $400 blouses and packed my shoes in archival sack if they cost $600 a pair or more.... and who knows how much more money she squandered on clothing she will never wear again. The travel insurance coverage she buys for her belongings has got to be as much as her air ticket.

In my personal life, I handle bills, banking etc. Both of us work. We generally respect each other's judgement on purchases but big things -- like autos, vacations/trips we go on by ourselves; major home improvements that we generally finance -- we talk about and make those decisions together. 

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't think Megan is a gold-digger or trying to fill us with bullshit.  I think she is newly-married and trying to navigate a marriage with a husband who is gone 50% of the time and feels the weight of basically being the sole parent in that family unit.  That said, I don't care for her.

But one of these days I am going to make good on my promise not to watch this show because of how foul I find Vicki.  I think she is DESPICABLE and can't find one good or decent thing about her.  She is malicious, judgmental, hateful and rude.  An abomination to women everywhere.  She brings out a feeling of hatred in me and that is not a feeling I want to have in my life.  Still....like a glutton for punishment....I watch.

Edited because "my" isn't the same as "me."

Edited by Bluedog100
  • Love 19