Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Judgy Eyes & Tahitian Skies

• Start Topic

But one of these days I am going to make good on my promise not to watch this show because of how foul I find Vicki.  I think she is DESPICABLE and can't find one good or decent thing about her.  She is malicious, judgmental, hateful and rude.  An abomination to women everywhere.  She brings out a feeling of hatred in me and that is not a feeling I want to have in my life.  Still....like a glutton for punishment....I watch.

How are you able to read my thoughts?  You said exactly what I've been feeling for soooo long.  Vicki is the epitome of a trashy shrew.

• Love 9

And honestly, that snoring shit is so fuckin' obnoxious.  I wish someone would dump a bucket of water on her the next time she does it.  Asshole Meghan, you got my permission for a go ahead.

Oh, how I would love that!  The snoring is not cute - like she thinks.  Why do they all put up with her low rent habits?  If it's so boring, go home, and then you will be on my screen less and less - which is better and better for me.   Let's have both Lauri and Slade make a surprise visit with a big Gatorade bucket, all ready for dumping - that will make it even sweeter for the OG of the OC!!

• Love 14
(edited)

Shannon, seriously? Smelling the pizza? Gross!  

Meghan, girl you did not pull that hair band atrocity off.   Not even nearly.

Vicki, Thou callest the kettle blacketh.  Brooks, get a job.

Lizzie, Chadwick's catalog called from the 80's and they want your wardrobe back, ruffled at the waist?  

Shannon, ye old misery guts, give David a break and no more snot color talk.  

Tamara, I highly suspect you did not wash your hands after your emergency "evacuation".

That is all.

ETA  Meghan your self aggrandizement knows no bounds, dying your hair pink to honor your husband's ex-wife = look at me, look at me, ew!

Edited by PickleDeeDee
  • Love 17
(edited)

Looks like game night was a total flop. After one game, everybody hauled ass. I suspect it was so boring, BRAVO edited the hell out of it which made it even worse. 

Oh, Heather. I don't think she has ever fit in with this crowd. Shannon is as close as it gets to Heather as far as financial wealth is concerned. (I don't count Meghan and Jimmy, they are only one season wonders),  Which is why Heather and Terry were so jealous of the Beador's last season.  She really is a total Dork as someone upthread pointed out. And I'm sure every busy plastic surgeons dream day is to spend it with his wife lugging him from store to store so she can show him and the world how she spends his money. Weren't the $135,000 over budget kitchen cabinets enough? We get it Heather, you're a rich bitch. And guess what? We really don't care.

It pains me to say this but Tamra looks really cute this season. Her outfits are nice, hair isn't so fried and makeup is more natural. She did something to her skin, it looks good. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 5
The more I see them together, the more I see just how checked out he is, of their marriage.

RUN, David, RUN...and make a grab for your girls.  They should NOT grow up in Shannon's glass menagerie.

How long before Shannon was "coughing up black" and "coughing up green" was she putting her nose on the pizza?   And were her "antibiotics" in one of the many little magical bottles she took on the trip?

• Love 6

I remember it slightly differently. They were both employed in the midwest, he got a big promotion and when they moved to CA she didn't work or did very little for pin money. Then he got laid off and that is when she kicked it into high gear and worked full time. Donn even said his reasoning for requesting spousal support was because he had supported her for years.

Does anyone here know what, if anything, he actually got?

It always cracks me up that she harps about financial security for everyone. On another forum someone went thru the divorce filings in detail and said that there was a lot of money, but also a lot of debt and when you netted out the debt she is actually worth very, very little. Her business is practically worthless because there aren't any hard assets, the value is based on future sales so its just her rolodex that is worth anything and was valued around $50K. I'm sure Meg and Jim have a prenup and wonder if Meg will be worth more than Vicki in the event of a divorce because of the payout.

Spousal support in California is based on current status of the parties-the fact someone made more money in the past doesn't factor in-unless they are intentionally suppressing their income.  Now I am seeing that Vicki has been misrepresenting the facts-she is NOT paying Donn spousal support on a permanent basis.  I guess maybe she was saying she had been paying Donn spousal support.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2547558/Vicki-Gunvalson-awarded-nearly-1M-assets-divorce-ex-husband-Donn-finally-settled.html

According to Vicki's story on her homepage on Coto Insurance she started selling insurance in 1991 in the Midwest. So that has been 24 years. She and Donn married in 1994.  So she has been at insurance longer than she had been married to Donn.

Vicki was smart her business is and was her and insurance agencies generally don't have a lot of assets, just their book of business and that can be fleeting.  I do think Vicki was an equal contributor to the marriage when balanced throughout the duration and at the time this show first filmed she and Donn had been married just over 10 years.  For someone without a college degree and a husband who really didn't work all that much for the last third of their marriage I think Vicki came away okay.

Meghan would do well to listen to Vicki about making her own money. . . she is by virtue of the show but what about five years from now?  It is all unicorns and rainbows now, with Meghan being a RH, Jim selling off all his homes and closing his businesses and one daughter through college and not paying child support for Haley but things have a way of going south for RH, and I don't see Meghan in it for the long run.  I do think Vicki comes off as a total bitch the way she talks about women spending their husbands' money. 

(edited)

It was a stupid idea to have the party on a weeknight.  Several husbands couldn't go, and considering that he had to get up at 4a, I give David props for going.  Complaining that people were tired and leaving early?  That's not rude, it reality.  Deal with it.

Once again, Meghan just can't help but pick on Shannon.  She must not have watched last season very carefully.  Heather picked on Shannon constantly and got the bitch edit in doing so.  Shannon then won Favorite Housewife or whatever it was.  This season? Heather couldn't be nicer to Shannon.  Total 180. It doesn't really pay to pick on someone who is in a very vulnerable position.  Should Shannon be on reality tv right now?  No.  But she is, so again-- deal with it.

Vicki's obsession with women spending their husbands money is so OTT.  Lizzie, Shannon, Meghan and Heather don't work. She only says things to Meghan, though.  That may be because Meghan doesn't have kids and her fake story line about parenting a lazy 18-year-old is stupid, who knows.  What I do know is that I'm tired of hearing about it. 

As for Heather, she does behave as though the money will never run out.  Perhaps it won't.  Terry's job depends entirely on his mind and his hands.  One accident or a Parkinson's diagnosis and they're in a different tax bracket. 

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 8
(edited)

Medical is for poor people, not neccessarily the unemployed. Looks of working people get Medical or Medicaid.

Why does everyone keep saying "medical"?   Isn't it Medicaid or Medicare?   Oh well, that's neither here nor there. (that rhymes)

I LOL'd at Vicki's "Little Banjos" comment, she's an idiot.

Shannon and David.  I'm still fascinated by this utter train wreck of a marriage.  I don't even know where to begin my comments.  

I guess first off I was completely confused by the counselor's advice of moving forward/not talking.   And I agree with others... David is completely checked out.  He's going thru the proverbial motions.    I just can't blame him though.... Shannon is the worst buzzkill on the planet.  She couldn't even manage to laugh off the stupid "Newlywed game"     Also, she continues to behave as if she is 85 years old. Her mannerisms, her dress, her boring attitude.   She just bugs the crap out of me.

****I'm about to speak very quietly********* -->>> I liked Meghan's headband in Tahiti.  Don't give me those Judgy eyes now !!!!

eta - I'm going to go smell some pizza for lunch now. 

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 11

Honestly, I think Vicki has a real issue with women who don't have to work because she WISHES that could have happened for her. Don't get me wrong, I think Vicki likes her work and is ostensibly good at what she does. I think she derives a lot of fulfillment from it. But I still think there's a part of her that wished some big, rich dude had come along and made her working irrelevant. She has to constantly hustle and she is probably tired and gets a bit bitter about not having it as "made" as some of the other women. Just my two cents.

You may well be right but Vicki seems to me like someone who hasn't a clue about how to deal with real people or cope with a real relationship. She has two failed marriages behind her, had--at best--rocky relationships with her kids while they were growing up and beyond. Recall Mike refusing to let her know his address for a time? She's desperately insecure and likely has put her sense of self-worth and self esteem into her earning ability and the tangible proof of her 'success' that it can buy--big houses, cars, vacation homes, plastic surgery, a Rolex and whatever else impresses her as having 'made it'. She also seems to me (warning--amateur arm-chair shrinking here) to be desperately hanging onto her hope/belief/whatever that she's still a hot mama--hence the new boobs, face lifts and whatever else she does to deny the fact that she's not a spring chick anymore. She strikes me as one of those women who are incomplete with a man; not because she needs someone to eat dinner with (though that's nice) but to prove to herself and anyone who cares that she can still get a guy and is desirable.

She knocks and berates women who don't bring home a paycheck (and IMO a SAHM generally works damn hard, thank you) because she couldn't be one when her kids were young. She went to work through necessity and made a decent paycheck to support herself and her kids--to her real credit--but now she builds herself up by knocking other people.

I do, however, agree with her that everyone needs outside interests and support (be it from friends, family or coworkers) beyond and must have enough financial savvy to be able to take over, support themselves if need be or even if they simply want to. We all know too many people who end up divorced/widowed/alone and don't know how to balance a checkbook, make sure the car is maintained or that the gutters may need to be cleaned before they back up and you need  a new roof. Helpless and ignorant aren't good things.

And yes, Meghan would do well to keep up her contacts when she becomes Mike's latest ex. I actually wondered if the fact that they ended up buying a $2.something million house instead of a higher priced one was to lessen his loss during the inevitable divorce since California is a community property state. God--I'm such a cynic.

• Love 5
(edited)

Why does everyone keep saying "medical"?   Isn't it Medicaid or Medicare?   Oh well, that's neither here nor there. (that rhymes)

Shannon and David.  I'm still fascinated by this utter train wreck of a marriage.  I don't even know where to begin my comments.  

I guess first off I was completely confused by the counselor's advice of moving forward/not talking.   And I agree with others... David is completely checked out.  He's going thru the proverbial motions.    I just can't blame him though.... Shannon is the worst buzzkill on the planet.  She couldn't even manage to laugh off the stupid "Newlywed game"     Also, she continues to behave as if she is 85 years old. Her mannerisms, her dress, her boring attitude.   She just bugs the crap out of me.

****I'm about to speak very quietly********* -->>> I liked Meghan's headband in Tahiti.  Don't give me those Judgy eyes now !!!!

eta - I'm going to go smell some pizza for lunch now. 

It's Medi-Cal.  Health insurance for people specifically in California. 

I found it so irritating that Shannon was talking about starting her antibiotics. So she decided that her black sputum (which, whoa not normal) was bacterial and just happened to have an extra batch of antibiotics to take. First, taking antibiotics when you don't have a bacterial infection will contribute to bacterial resistance in the community, which is something I'd think she'd care about. Second, either some irresponsible doctor have her a prescription for antibiotics for her to hold onto for some future (undiagnosed) illness, or she hasn't completed a past subscription... or heck, maybe she ordered them online... but that is why we're encountering resistant strains of bacteria that we can't treat with antibiotics! Take all the herbal treatments you want, but to throw antibiotics in the mix when you aren't a medical professional is effed up. Ugh.

Oh good I thought I was the only one irritated by that whole thing.  Kind of ironic that a person like Shannon who is just oh-so concerned with staying healthy (through all her woo-woo remedies) has seemingly NO concerns about contributing to the epidemic of antibiotic-resistant bacteria strains!  

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 9

Thanks a lot JNYMPH! I'm hungry and there's no pizza to sniff! Don't even have any pee sticks around this house. Time to shop. If I had married Jim instead of Meghan, I'd just tell his daughter it was her week to go to the grocery store.

• Love 13

Does that marriage counciler live in a hotel, or does she work between changing sets of sheets?

Is the marriage counselor on staff at the hotel? I guess it's cheaper to rent a room than office space! 

Yea, what kind of therapist holds sessions in hotel rooms?  Not hotel conference rooms, but actual rooms.  Apparently, she trained at the University of Dr. Phil, so maybe that explains her fly-by-night operation:

http://2paragraphs.com/2015/07/realhousewivesoforangecounty-shannon-beadors-couples-therapist-trained-by-dr-phil

• Love 7
(edited)

That pearl necklace Heather tried on was gorgeous.  She clearly loved it & it looked great on her.  If Heather really was as wealthy as she would like us to believe, she would have bought it without a second thought -- or at least purchased some pearl bauble in that store.  That's what very wealthy women usually do when they go into jewelry stores.  But Heather sure didn't.  She acted cautiously -- like knew she couldn't afford to do that.  Even Shannon said the prices were extremely high (clearly higher than she would she spend on), but Shannon isn't shoving her wealth in our faces the way phony-baloney Heather is.  Hmmmm, very revealing indeed.

I just figured that Heather was calculating in her brain how many more custom, handmade cabinets in her kitchen that necklace was equal to, and decided that she'd rather spend the money on that...or, maybe adding a second, smaller, less elaborate porte-cochere - y'know - for the servants and other peons that will be employed at Palais du Dubrow!   :-)

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3

Why is Heather packing "tightly" and in tissue paper? Has it been so long since she flew with the plebes commercially that she has forgotten about how TSA tears things apart and is probably going to have a tough time squeezing all of her shit in her suitcase again? And shoe colors transferring? What? When is she not wearing black shoes?

Not all that long. I was on a flight with Heather, Terry and Paul Nasiff back in April. Of course they flew First Class and I (sadly) did not, but we DID have to stand at the same Virgin American counter to check in leaving NYC (I was right behind them, actually) and at the same baggage claim when we arrived in LA. I assumed she was accompanying Paul and Terry who were doing press for Botched, because I'd seen them Wendy Williams the day before. 

All of which made me raise my eyebrow just a tad when she said "... when flying commercial... "

• Love 15

Other than having my child.....I'd never had to go to the hospital, but at 38 I am now diagnosed with breast cancer (no family history). Three weeks into this, my bills are well over $30,000.00. Gotta say, I'm feeling pretty relieved I've got insurance.

Wishing you all the best....

• Love 14
(edited)

How nice and typical it was of Vicki to mock Heather's shirt as they were at the airport. Shocked I guess because Heather might be showing an inappropriate amount of skin? I was wondering if in that moment Heather was doing a slide show in her head of all the hideous outfits that Vicki has jammed her breasts and ass into over the years? You know, the ones that are always at least 2 sizes too small for her? All Heather ever says on such occasions is that Vicki looks beautiful. 

At this point, I am only watching this complete shit-storm of a season waiting for the inevitable day when Heather tells Vicki how ridiculous she is, always has been, and always will be. She has to know it, but she puts their friendship first and keeps her mouth shut. She would be the only person that Vicki would ever listen to on the show, because Heather is the only one she actually respects. 

Thanks a lot JNYMPH! I'm hungry and there's no pizza to sniff! Don't even have any pee sticks around this house. Time to shop. If I had married Jim instead of Meghan, I'd just tell his daughter it was her week to go to the grocery store.

That was just gross when Shannon leaned over the pizza.  It looked like her nose almost touched a slice, and her hair was all around the food. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 15
(edited)

These women are exhausting...with the exception of Tamara (another sentence I never thought would come from me!).  I hated Tamra last season but I like the new, improved, grandma found Jesus Tamara.

Oh, I like Lizzie too. Always have.

The rest of them!!!!

Who has a couples game night when HER spouse won't be there? Yeah, Meghan, I'm looking at you with judgy eyes.

Packing tips from Heather?  Spare me, and spare me another scene in which we get to see how rich she is.

Parenting tips from Meghan?  After she gave the kid 100 dollars last week for nothing, and probably did her homework as well?

Financial advice from Vicki in the form of "if you don't bring home a paycheck, you should ask your husband for money"? 

Finally - Shannon is just plain tiring.  From her coughing up whatever it was, to her constant harping on the affair - I don't condone extra marital affairs at all, but man, she would be tough to live with.  David always looks so beaten down by her and afraid to open his mouth.

Hoping that when Eddie cycles away from Tamara, he saves a place for David on the rear fender. 

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 5

If I coughed up black or green crap while traveling, I'd be seeking a doctor as soon as my feet hit the Airline terminal.  I once spit blood into the sink while brushing my teeth after arriving in a Southwestern town, and I was first in line at the nearest urgent care clinic that morning.  It turned out to be a simple nosebleed due to the dry climate, but I wasn't taking any chances.  It was worth the exam just to have the peace of mind that something else wasn't going on inside.

• Love 5

Meghan would do well to listen to Vicki about making her own money. . . she is by virtue of the show but what about five years from now?  It is all unicorns and rainbows now, with Meghan being a RH, Jim selling off all his homes and closing his businesses and one daughter through college and not paying child support for Haley but things have a way of going south for RH, and I don't see Meghan in it for the long run.  I do think Vicki comes off as a total bitch the way she talks about women spending their husbands' money. 

The thing about Vicki is that she always acts like this is a concept she has never heard of before. That the idea of a woman not bringing in a salary is just foreign and something that happens once in a blue moon.  My god, she has to see this all of the time, right? I guess she should hop on the highway and drive over to Kyle's house and have a little sit down with her as well. What the hell is she thinking? What if Mauricio leaves her and the show goes away? That is of course after she hammers away at Lizzie as well. Big news flash for Vicki - lots of women who have husbands with substantial assets decide to not work. Hey, even women married to men that don't have a lot of money sometime decide to stay home and raise their children. She is just ridiculous and this is the one thing that she has that she believes makes her superior to other women.  All the while she is buying new teeth and a car for her boyfriend, who lives in her home, probably without contributing a dime. The one who was arrested for not paying child support.  

I am a huge proponent of women making their own money. There was a book I read years ago (cannot remember the title) about the financial cost to a woman of staying out of the workforce for an extended amount of time. Took into consideration the high divorce rate, and fact that statistically women live longer than men, and pointed out the many financial safety nets that women give up by not working. Contributions into Social Security, 401k/pensions, health insurance, etc. I have always worked, but reading this terrified me a little bit and made me feel better about my choice. Having said that, I cannot imagine throwing this information around to someone I hardly knew. This is an extremely personal choice, and what is better for one, is not necessarily better for another. Vicki's bitterness shows on this topic. 

• Love 16
Heather doesn't strike me as the type who is an impulse buyer and certainly not for something for 49K that she might get a few wears out of. Just because she didn't buy the necklace doesn't mean she couldn't have. I think she could have.

"A few years wear"?  What the what?  That was a gorgeous investment piece you wear for life.  Was Heather being sensible cuz she isn't impulsive or because she doesn't have the dough to be impulsive enough to casually buy a 49 thou piece?  Hmmmm.  Idk, I've seen very rich women in jewelry stores.  To me, she didn't act like one.  Look, I get it.  She does seem sensible & not particularly impulsive.  I still say she's putting on a phony-baloney act for the cameras that she & Terry are billionaires.  They're not.  Could she have bought the piece?  Maybe, but she never would have cuz they ain't what they're trying so hard to make us believe they are.

• Love 6

This may be nit picky (and Megan is a nit) but why did she dye her hair PINK?  Is she aware that each type of cancer has a different color associated with it?  Pink is not the color for colon cancer. Maybe if she had done some research, she could have dyed her hair dark blue and i'd think it was nice.  I'm clinging to the hope the pink may have been the woman's favorite color but I'm skeptical.  

• Love 6

Looks like game night was a total flop. After one game, everybody hauled ass. I suspect it was so boring, BRAVO edited the hell out of it which made it even worse. 

Oh, Heather. I don't think she has ever fit in with this crowd. Shannon is as close as it gets to Heather as far as financial wealth is concerned. (I don't count Meghan and Jimmy, they are only one season wonders),  Which is why Heather and Terry were so jealous of the Beador's last season.  She really is a total Dork as someone upthread pointed out. And I'm sure every busy plastic surgeons dream day is to spend it with his wife lugging him from store to store so she can show him and the world how she spends his money. Weren't the $135,000 over budget kitchen cabinets enough? We get it Heather, you're a rich bitch. And guess what? We really don't care.

It pains me to say this but Tamra looks really cute this season. Her outfits are nice, hair isn't so fried and makeup is more natural. She did something to her skin, it looks good. 

It killed me to think this last night, but I was completely coveting Tamra's outfit when she had to hit the bathroom!  I loved, loved, loved the pink and blue tye-dye maxi skirt!  

• Love 3
(edited)

Stephanie Cangro has some smoldering questions about last night's episode; check 'em out! http://previously.tv/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/the-real-housewives-of-orange-countys-game-night-isnt-quite-fun-and-games/

I can't stop laughing at Meghan's most embarrassing moment because it reminded me of a moment of horror at a PTA book fair. Unfortunately as PTA president I was there encouraging the other volunteers and helping the children. While sitting on a cafeteria bench no less, I realised I could not stand up with the children around due to the same problem Meghan had. It was a truly embarrassing moment that went on for hours till the book fair was finally over. Just as I was manuvering myself out of the room the janitor came in to vacumn the room...horror of all horrors I walked backward out of the building to my car. It was truly humiliating and I thought erased from my mind, but no Meghan refreshed my memory, lol.

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

"A few years wear"?  What the what?  That was a gorgeous investment piece you wear for life.  Was Heather being sensible cuz she isn't impulsive or because she doesn't have the dough to be impulsive enough to casually buy a 49 thou piece?  Hmmmm.  Idk, I've seen very rich women in jewelry stores.  To me, she didn't act like one.  Look, I get it.  She does seem sensible & not particularly impulsive.  I still say she's putting on a phony-baloney act for the cameras that she & Terry are billionaires.  They're not.  Could she have bought the piece?  Maybe, but she never would have cuz they ain't what they're trying so hard to make us believe they are.

I cannot believe that every person of wealth buys everything they see that they want? Even Lisa V. tried on that ring last year that she said she would sell Ken for, but in the end said it was just too much (if memory serves the ring was $65K, and I think she and Ken have more money than Terry and Heather). Of course Ken bought it for her later for her birthday.

• Love 7
I just figured that Heather was calculating in her brain how many more custom, handmade cabinets in her kitchen that necklace was equal to, and decided that she'd rather spend the money on that...or, maybe adding a second porte-cochere - y'know - for the servants and other peons that will be employed at Palais du Dubrow!   :-)

I agree with this.  That with their "limited" money/budget. she'd rather put the 49 thou elsewhere.  BUT if she really is as rich as she constantly is throwing at us, she'd have bought it & not even thought about budgeting the 49 thou for something (or anything) else.  Oh look, nothing conclusive here, it's just that her behavior in the jewelry store made me go hmmmmmm.

• Love 3

The matching earrings were probably another 20 thou and what the heck she would have needed that too!

• Love 2
(edited)

Not all that long. I was on a flight with Heather, Terry and Paul Nasiff back in April. Of course they flew First Class and I (sadly) did not, but we DID have to stand at the same Virgin American counter to check in leaving NYC (I was right behind them, actually) and at the same baggage claim when we arrived in LA. I assumed she was accompanying Paul and Terry who were doing press for Botched, because I'd seen them Wendy Williams the day before. 

All of which made me raise my eyebrow just a tad when she said "... when flying commercial... "

Heather likes to say shit like that. They are rich, but typically you  have to make the kind of money a Bill Gates or Warren Buffet makes to have a plane or fly private on the regular. As someone above pointed out, the Dubrows are one medical problem involving Terry away from being busted. My guess is that you see everything the Dubrows have. I doubt that they have a big portfolio of real estate tucked away for security. They are the type that spend every cent they make and then some trying to make themselves look uber rich. I am always amazed when I hear of supposedly rich folks declare bankruptcy and it turns out that they really have no assets, just lots of debt and stuff they owe money on. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 6

Shannon and David went to a hotel room to meet their therapist?  If she wants anonymity why even be on camera?

I'm still scratching my head over her advice that they never discuss the affair b/c I am sure she told them to do that last time.

At least he wasn't playing it under a "chlamydia tree"!

Yea, what kind of therapist holds sessions in hotel rooms?  Not hotel conference rooms, but actual rooms.  Apparently, she trained at the University of Dr. Phil, so maybe that explains her fly-by-night operation:

http://2paragraphs.com/2015/07/realhousewivesoforangecounty-shannon-beadors-couples-therapist-trained-by-dr-phil

Verrry interesting! That does explain a lot!

• Love 5

1st year HWs don't get six figures. She is getting a nice chunk of change for working/filming a few months a year though.

And after taxes, that's not a whole heckuva lot.  Who knows if she'll even be on next season (praying that she's not - she contributes NOTHING to the show except riling me up)

• Love 1
(edited)

I think that Game Night was one of the worst, most boring parties I've ever seen on a HW show!  First, the guys that were running seemed as disinterested as the guests.  (They weren't the same two guys who ran the race around Beverly HIlls, last year, were they?)  Second, when someone (Heather) has to constantly yell at the guests "This will be fun, this WILL be lots of FUN!!!!".....it IS NOT FUN!!!  Vicki's snoring is one of the rudest things I've ever seen, but I'm with her on this one!  

And, sorry - but, if some ostrich-necked and legged 30 something with negative percent body fat and not one single wrinkle to be seen anywhere on her face or body told me she was getting botox, I'd be having "judgey eyes" too!!  And, probably judgey mouth, nose, hands and anything else - including words.

I am still trying to figure out if Vicki started her "non-working wife" mantra at all of the women at first, and then, just sort of zeroed in on Meghan.  She seemed to be making blanket statements toward Heather (who is really mostly a SAHM), Tamra (who "plays" at being a gym owner and real estate agent) and Meghan.  As others have said, Vicki is insecure about herself and her financial status, and she judges people, both men and women, on how much they make.  I think she has almost always had to work to help support or completely support herself and her family, even when she was married to Brianna and Michael's dad.  She is also driven because of her insecurity, along with being extremely judgmental.  Whatever Vicki thinks, is what everyone else is supposed to think...whatever Vicki does, is what everyone else is supposed to do - Vicki doesn't get that what is right for her may not be right for someone else.

I'm not defending Meghan, but Vicki did the same thing to Gretchen.  Well, come to think of it, Meghan and Gretchen are both kind of similar, imo, because I DO think that Meghan is a gold digger, just as I thought about Gretchen, so, never mind!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5
I will say this about Megan, I did not agree with her behavior at all regarding the Shannon/charity thing,  but I did appreciate her telling Lizzie that she doesn't need to "get it". These broads don't always need to be all up in each other's business. It had nothing to do with Lizzie. Was she even there? So yea, we've moved on, you don't really need to understand.

I think that she could have expressed herself in a kinder, gentler way.  "Well, I don't want to rehash our old feud..." or "Let's not think about that right now and just enjoy our trip..."  could have been better ways to have Lizzie butt out, but Meghan is a bitch.  There is no reason for her to have gotten nasty with Lizzie.  It's not like Lizzie was hounding her, plus, I think she likes to show off for the girls. I hate that when people like to get mouthy to someone in front of a group. 

She kinda got a little sassy for a bit there on WWHL with Andy.  I don't think he liked that or appreciated Meghan's personality.  (Also under the circumstances, I don't think anyone on the WWHL production--including Andy would have thought twice about Meghan not showing up.  It just didn't look good for her to leave her family that she supposedly cares so much about, and show up in party mode in pink hair.)

• Love 13

Zoeysmom, no disrespect to you or anyone else here but insurance in general is a total scam. I think of the years that my pay checks had medical insurance deducted and I never used it, same with auto and home what a waste of money. Insurance is just rediculous if you really think about is. I'm going to pay someone an outrageouse premium each month "in case" something happens to me , my home, or health. Total SCAM!

God must be looking out for you if you've never had to use your insurance.  Up until a year ago, I was never in a car accident (I'm 50, and paid alot of premiums), then BOOM, some idiot hits me and totals out my car.  State Farm had my check cut and in my hands within 20 hours, and off I went to buy a new car.  

• Love 14

Well, color me shocked and embarrassed that I did not know the secret to eternal weight management was to stick your nose as close as possible to the food you desire but don't dare eat  and take a deep whif! Thanks for the tip, Shannon! 

Shannon had a nose job and a chin job when she was younger so who is she to get all judgy eyed with Meghan over some simple botox between the eyes? Get real. They are both rediculous with each other. 

• Love 8

For those hating on Heather for packing her clothes in tissue paper, my mom does it too.  It's an old school trick for avoiding wrinkled clothing.  My mom has tried to get us to do that too but I don't have the time or the tissue paper.  She had a huge stock of white paper she kept in her suitcase specifically for packing.  If you look it up, you'll find it's actually a packing tip.  So if you hate on Heather for that, you also have to hate on my mama so don't do that or I'll be sad.  :P

• Love 12

Well, color me shocked and embarrassed that I did not know the secret to eternal weight management was to stick your nose as close as possible to the food you desire but don't dare eat and take a deep whif! Thanks for the tip, Shannon!

Shannon had a nose job and a chin job when she was younger so who is she to get all judgy eyed with Meghan over some simple botox between the eyes? Get real. They are both rediculous with each other.

Yup. I don't like Meghan and I'm going to throw something at my TV when she goes into her Julia Roberts impression next week, but the world is not picking on Shannon. Magan was talking about getting Botox (something they have all done) and Shannon immediately looked like she was going to have a stroke. I would have been more polite about the whole thing, but Jesus Shannon, you were obviously judging her! Either develop a better poker face or a thicker skin. Shannon just doesn't like getting called on her own shit any more than any of these ladies do.

• Love 4

Why would it be bad for Meghan to show up on WWHL?  Dionne Warwick was on yesterday, I didn't watch all of it but Andy mentioned her "professionalism" for showing up.  Maybe Meghan was just doing the same thing?  

I have a hard time seeing her as a gold digger, because she just seems so unenthusiastic about things (except for that one moment when they were playing Bunko).  I kind of imagine her more rolling with whatever opportunities come her way, floating on the breeze in a way.

I think Heather's wealth comes in large part from managing the finances well, and that's why she wouldn't snag that necklace.  They're putting it all into real estate, which is a relatively safe bet (albeit maybe not with all the crap they're doing).  

If Vicki had harped on the point about women making their own money I'd have been in her corner.  Maybe it's the editing, but it definitely came off as her being more concerned with the spending of money than the earning of it.

• Love 4

For those hating on Heather for packing her clothes in tissue paper, my mom does it too.  It's an old school trick for avoiding wrinkled clothing.  My mom has tried to get us to do that too but I don't have the time or the tissue paper.  She had a huge stock of white paper she kept in her suitcase specifically for packing.  If you look it up, you'll find it's actually a packing tip.  So if you hate on Heather for that, you also have to hate on my mama so don't do that or I'll be sad.  :P

I used to do that whole tissue paper thing, years ago, too, so I actually wasn't hating on that at all.  I was actually kind of shocked that Heather was packing her own clothes, though, LOL!!!! 

Another trick is to placed dry cleaner bags in between the layers of clothes....it has to be the thin plastic dry cleaner bags with no printing on them.  I don't know what it does, but my clothes were never wrinkled that way, either.  Now, I just use Downy Wrinkle Releaser, which is my miracle in a bottle!   :-)

• Love 6
(edited)

I generally kind of like Vicki, in the way you like cheesy songs but don't admit it. She cracks me up. But she was so far up her own ass about that money conversation. First off, working/not working wasn't even what they were talking about. They were talking about at what point to you discuss a purchase. Most couples, no matter what the working situation is, have a general price point that requires a discussion, even is its more of an unwritten rule. Two, Vicki was trying to call Meghan a gold digger!

I wrap my shoes in old target bags when I'm packing so the souls won't get dirt on my clothes.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 4

Vicki is so full of shit. The majority of her yearly income comes from Bravo. She makes over $500,000 a year from Bravo. She also likes to act like she's been the bread winner forever. Donn was in management when they met, had an affair and moved to Coto. He unemployed twice during the serious and did some real estate flipping. Vicki has never raked it in from her insurance company. It's been barely more than a scam as someone posted up thread. So what she was holding over Donn's head with her hear me roar, I am woman the all mighty bread winner was her Bravo salary. And do you think for one moment if the situation had been reversed.....if Donn was a Real Househusband that Vicki wouldn't have gone after spousal support? Yeah right. I also think Vicki thinks staying at one's office for many hours is the same as working.

• Love 10
(edited)
I cannot believe that every person of wealth buys everything they see that they want? Even Lisa V. tried on that ring last year that she said she would sell Ken for, but in the end said it was just too much (if memory serves the ring was $65K, and I think she and Ken have more money than Terry and Heather). Of course Ken bought it for her later for her birthday.

Yeah, I was totally thinking of Lisa & that pink sapphire she adored.  She eventually got it tho, didn't she?  Idk, maybe what bothered me is that Heather clearly liked that necklace.  But I thought she acted sensibly -- er, like the rest of us poor slobs would.  And that's cuz none of us could ever in a zillion years afford a 49 thou necklace.  Hmmm, but supposedly she can.  She said she would consult Terry on big purchases.  Again, that makes sense for the rest of us average slobs.  But for the billionaires that Terry & Heather constantly claim to us they are?  Why would they hold to such rules?  49 thou is a mere spit in the bucket to them -- like nickels & dimes are to us peons, right?  

It all just makes me very, very suspicious.  It's true that's the myth to us poor slobs -- that the 1-percenters are out buying up anything/everything they want.  Maybe I'm surprised Heather didn't just buy the necklace for the cameras.  It would be consistent with the obnoxious shoving their supposed wealth in our faces, which they both NEVER seem to stop doing.  Ah, but phony-baloney Heather is so damn deliberate about EVERYTHING she does on camera.  Maybe this behavior was done on purpose also.  You know, to show us she's such a regular, sensible gal.  I could see her saying, "See, I'm just like the rest of you peasants."

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

You quoted me incorrectly. Please refer to my original quote. I did not say 'a few years wear'. At all. I said a 'few wears', i.e. she might not want to wear that particular piece enough to justify the expense. That's my point. I've seen gorgeous pieces while shopping that I could buy, but if it didn't make sense for my lifestyle or for my wardrobe, it stayed in the store. I don't even like her, but I don't think Heather not purchasing the necklace indicates their financial situation is shaky.

• Love 7
(edited)

Heather said that $10K is her threshold for asking Terry "permission".  I honestly think that she didn't love the necklace.  Just because she tried it on (at saleslady's suggestion), doesn't mean she has to buy it.  Put your Heather hate aside.  She didn't want the damn thing, so she didn't buy it.  Its about as simple as you can get.  

Oh and for my weekly review:  Shannon is BSC and I love Heather.  

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 9

Shannon sniffing the pizza was gross.  I wouldn't want to eat it after her face being all down in it.  She really is a joyless wet blanket and no fun at all.  I can't like her just because she seems like such a downer and she's actually kind of a bitch in her talking heads -- and not in a funny way, so I don't know about her being so nice.

I believe that Meghan is really trying to figure out how to be a good stepmother to Haley.  It's a hard relationship to navigate, especially with their ages being so close, Jimmy being so absent, and everything that Haley is going through.  I think she screws up a lot and a lot of what is shown is just for the show, but I do believe there is some sincerity and she is trying.  I also think Jimmy might just be uncomfortable with the cameras, he seemed a lot nice when we just heard him on the phone.

Vicky has no redeemable qualities.  I don't even know what to say about her because she sucks so much.

I don't think I actually like anyone on this show, so I don't know why I have been watching.

( not that they are doing that but its entirely possible they have a bigger mortgage than they do savings, KWIM)

I think most people, especially in California, have a bigger mortgage than they do savings.  If I pooled all of my liquid assets I could almost pay off my mortgage, but why would I?  Given the current economic climate it makes more sense to continue earning at a higher rate on my investments than I'm paying in mortgage interest, plus if anything happens I'd rather be able to tap into the cash.  That being said, my actual savings account (not my investments), which I could live on for about a year, is less than 20% of what I carry on my mortgage.  Anyone that can save up $400k to buy a house outright isn't going to want to live in a $400k house (I think that's about the median house price in So Cal).

It's Medi-Cal, the California state program.

• Love 3

I saluted Heather because I honestly didn't think it was that pretty a necklace. But I'm a pearl girl. I don't need them blinged out. My favorite piece was the black pearl on the rope necklace that Vicki hated. God, Vicki. I love ya, but you really are a tacky mall rat at heart. Anyway, I agree that Heather just didn't want it. She tried it on, liked it well enough but not enough to drop $50,000, and then moved on with her life. I'm not a huge impulse buyer and I do the same all the time. Drives my mom crazy because she gets guilted into buying things by salespeople all the time and I just shrug it all off and keep my wallet in my purse.

• Love 8