Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Judgy Eyes & Tahitian Skies

• Start Topic

(edited)

How are you abl​e to read my thoughts?  You said exactly what I've been feeling for soooo long.  Vicki is the epitome of a trashy shrew.

Maccagirl......I'm a median!  Just don't ask me what your tattoo is of.

Edited by Bluedog100
  • Love 4

I don't think Meghan is in love with anything other than being able to say she's "Jimmy's" wife and the fame that gives her. If she weren't married to a former athlete, she wouldn't be on reality shows. Based on some of the comments she has made -- something like she doesn't know if their marriage will last forever because she's not naiive (or something like that) - makes me think she's happy with this arrangement. Maybe she has her own boyfriend while he's out with his boyfriend in St. Louis. :)

Yeah, I think Megsn is a gold digger who married her way out of St Louis...and so what? Vicki has 2 failed marriages and a con-artist boyfriend because (by her own admission) she can't be alone for 5 minutes. Tamara's about 30 seconds from her 3rd divorce because her type seems to be "asshole who works out". Shannon is making herself and everyone in her path sick from nerves trying to hang on to a lying cheater that she doesn't even seem to like very much. Heather married security with an awful sense of humor. So Meghan and Jim aren't madly in love? Big deal. Also, I think the travel thing is a matter of personal comfort level. My ex is a musician and travels all the time. It wasn't that unusual for me not to know the ins and out of his schedule, especially since it could change quickly. I'm pretty independent and it never bothered me to do things on my own, even couple-y things. I think Meghan is like that. It just doesn't bug her to be on her own so when she plans something like a game night and Jim bails she just keeps going. As much as I have a soft spot for Vicki, she can't be without a man. She's the type who would cancel dinner rather than be the 5th wheel and the type that would die of embarrassment if someone saw her at the movies or at a restaurant alone. I think she's actually a little jealous that Meghan is ok being socially independent of her husband. Vicki has probably always felt less than if she isn't walking into the room with a man by her side.

Jeez! It sounds like I like Meghan and I don't. I just think making a solo game night into a nefarious plan to...I have no idea what...something bad, is so dumb.

• Love 10

Dear Vicki: I am CONFUSED as to why with all the various shenanigans going on with the marriages in this group that thing that you're so offended by is Megan's choice to be in OC so that Hailey can have a stable home while spending as much time with her dying mother. There's worse stuff just in the Edmond's marriage but this is what shakes you to your fucking core? Whatever.

I'm starting to find it a little funny how much the very existence of Meghan or Shannon offends the other. They do not click, not even a little. I will admit to snickering a little over how twitterpated Shannon was that Meghan was stag at game night. Relax, hon. I think David will manage to get through the evening without banging Meghan in the coffee table. Go mix your self a Grey Goose and whatever the hell list of shit you need for your drink.

I think the issue which Heather tried to gloss over playfully is Megan a 30 year old, college graduate fit active woman has declared she will have no children and wants the others and society to somehow elevate her to some superior status. The rest aren't buying it.

(edited)

I think it's finally safe to say that I'm done with this group.  I don't like a single one of them.  They're all fools and are living in an alternate universe trying to out-do one another and show off for the viewers that they believe might actually admire them.  I would be extremely disappointed in myself if I felt even the slightest bit of envy in regard to anything about their lives, especially all of the money they want us to think they have. 

I'd say that if anyone gets it, it's Lizzie.  She's fortunate to be in the "friends of" realm.  She may appear as a lippy pageant girl with subpar fashion sense to some, but she seems to have better priorities and values than any of the "ladies". 

I'll check in here to see when it's finally time to fire up the DVR and see that glorious moment when we find out that Brooks does not have cancer.   WHOOP WHOOP!!

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 5

Did anyone notice that when Meghan was talking to Jimmy the Asshat, she said "I love you" at the end of their conversation, but he didn't say it back to her? That is very telling of their relationship. And I agree with Vicki that it won't be long before Jimmy goes off and finds wifey Number 4. And sorry, but there's no way that I believe that he's being faithful to Meghan while he's in St Louis for weeks on end. He's getting it somewhere, and not only from Rosie and her five sisters.

He didn't say it after her, because he said it before her - "I love you. Have fun packing".

• Love 11
(edited)

So Vicks, you asked if Meghan goes to asshole Jimmy for cash . . . and er, what about Brooksie, hun?  Is he begging you for spare change if he wants a pack of smokes?  Is that the nature of your wonderful relationship, Vicks?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 14
(edited)

So Vicks, you asked if Meghan goes to asshole Jimmy for cash . . . and er, what about Brooksie, hun? Is he begging you for spare change if wants a pack of smokes? Is that the nature of your wonderful relationship, Vicks?

Brooks has the sweetest gig going, why would he work when he's got a pathetic sugar momma to wipe his ass for him?

Edited by e.f.cross
  • Love 7

Vicki was treading on some sensitive territory about Meghan needing to have her own money, because it sounded critical of SAHM's even if she didn't intend it that way. I saw Heather and Shannon starting to get their backs up over that.

I can only admire Vicki courage (or inconscience) for adressing this subject while with a majority of SAHM. It was funny to me how she can't comprehend the subject and why her friends have the right to be offended.

In a way I understand what she means but only through her prism: she doesn't see marriage as a partnership, she sees it as a power struggle between two people so when you bring no money, you have no power. It may very well be true for some marriages where one stays at home but not the ones built on trust imho where both partners know what the other brings to their commun happiness whether it's money to eat and have a roof or taking care of said roof. That's why she likes being with Brooks, he has no money so in her mind she has all the power. 

It's kind of sad she sees the world that way but she's such a bitch I can't really care if her love tank stays empty forever.

• Love 11

That's why she likes being with Brooks, he has no money so in her mind she has all the power.

And he lets her think this because the payoff for him is a free lifestyle. He is a con man afterall

• Love 7

But one of these days I am going to make good on my promise not to watch this show because of how foul I find Vicki. I think she is DESPICABLE and can't find one good or decent thing about her. She is malicious, judgmental, hateful and rude.

Rudeness is a neurotoxin

• Love 1
(edited)

Fendi makes some pretty nice t-shirts for $400 and more.  They look like many other t-shirts...but the feel and fit is probably much better.  I don't mind that Terry and Heather flaunt what they have.  She's doing a good job with her kids.  Her husband seems happily married, seems to be a good father and very happy with the profession he chose.  Because his brother was such a rock star, Terry's older brother was Kevin Dubrow of Quiet Riot.  Terry probably wants some of that type of fame--I think he likes being on reality television.  I enjoy them both.  They can be as snooty as they want.

Heather's nannies do a good job with her kids and Terry is a fame whore. But I guess they are an enjoyable couple of somethings.

Edited by Lyra Angelica
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't think Shannon can be a good friend--well, maybe...if everything goes her way and one is happy to be a yes-man/woman.  She might keep a friend for a month or two, but they will let her down in many ways.  Vicki is probably being her friend to piss off some of the others.  Vicki will turn on her.

Also, how often did Meghan have to explain (during this series) that Jim's ex-wife has cancer and is TERMINAL.  She is going to die, ladies!  If Jim is traveling all the time, some adult needs to be available for Haley...and she and Meghan seem to get along like siblings.  These women are mean and ig-nernt!

The women aren't ig-nernt; I'm sure they don't need to be told over and over again that Haley's mother has TERMINAL cancer.  But I'm sure Meghan is more than ready to keep repeating herself because she is soooooo not a self-agrandizing, and is simply a super altrusic person.  Yarite.

Edited by Lyra Angelica
  • Love 6

I have to ask where is a sole practitioner plastic surgeon pulling down $7 million a year?  At $3 million it is a gross overshoot.  BTW for those who thought Terry was raking in the big bucks from Quiet Riot -- the guy from Quiet Riot said otherwise last night.  I am not understanding the $7 million a year salary.  Then again I like Terry, don't get a $400.00 T-shirt.  The man basically lives in scrubs.

Lizzie thought Meghan missed the bigger picture--as Shannon said repeatedly she didn't see a wrinkle.  Meghan said last night Shannon has a big heart.  I thought the bigger issue is Tamra saying-Shannon has crazy eyes.  Below the belt.

I don't for a minute think that Terry pulls in over $7M/year, but that number made the math easy for me and I didn't feel like going harder.  I thought $150k was a relatable number for the other end of the equation -- that's a pretty decent living in most places in the country, and a $1000 purchase seemed like a good threshold on that end too.  Given those two numbers and the $49k, I derived the $7.5M number.  So, if someone making $7.5M would probably need to think about a $50k necklace, someone with Terry's lesser income probably would too.  I'm sure as a successful plastic surgeon in Orange County and as someone with their own TV show, he makes a decent amount of money, but that doesn't mean Heather can just impulse buy a $50k necklace in a tourist trap.

• Love 1

I'm largely Team #ShutUpMeghan, but I laughed when she said she wasn't going to apologize to Shannon because she wasn't sorry. I'm not big on apologies myself (one of the many reasons I'd make a bad Housewife). Why say you're sorry if you're not? If you said it for a reason and you meant it, what's the point of pretending you didn't?

Vicki was treading on some sensitive territory about Meghan needing to have her own money, because it sounded critical of SAHM's even if she didn't intend it that way. I saw Heather and Shannon starting to get their backs up over that.

I don't have a problem with Meghan not apologizing if she isn't sorry.  But she is so self-absorbed, she doesn't even acknowledge that maybe she had a big part in creating the whole drama in the first place.

Even though Vicki said raising children is the most important job, I don't think she really respects SAHM. 

• Love 5

Vicki is jealous of anyone woman who has a rich husband. She doesn't harp on her own daughter to keep working, and is perfectly happy to watch her raise two little boys. Yet Meghan, who doesn't need the money, should work just because? Vicki is super jealous of anyone who has a luxurious lifestyle. She doesn't care about Brianna not working because her life sucks. (and if anyone should keep a savings, it's Brianna)

• Love 5

Vicki is jealous of anyone woman who has a rich husband. She doesn't harp on her own daughter to keep working, and is perfectly happy to watch her raise two little boys. Yet Meghan, who doesn't need the money, should work just because? Vicki is super jealous of anyone who has a luxurious lifestyle. She doesn't care about Brianna not working because her life sucks. (and if anyone should keep a savings, it's Brianna)

Working is overrated, just ask Brookes. Why should a woman work if she doesn't have to? Like Vicki wouldn't enjoy being a kept woman or having a sugar daddy if he had enough money? I'm sure she could get used to it

• Love 4

I don't for a minute think that Terry pulls in over $7M/year, but that number made the math easy for me and I didn't feel like going harder.  I thought $150k was a relatable number for the other end of the equation -- that's a pretty decent living in most places in the country, and a $1000 purchase seemed like a good threshold on that end too.  Given those two numbers and the $49k, I derived the $7.5M number.  So, if someone making $7.5M would probably need to think about a $50k necklace, someone with Terry's lesser income probably would too.  I'm sure as a successful plastic surgeon in Orange County and as someone with their own TV show, he makes a decent amount of money, but that doesn't mean Heather can just impulse buy a $50k necklace in a tourist trap.

Oh thanks for the explnation. I think Heather kind of over does it with the over the top price for everyday items. I remember when she was appalled by the Bellinos. Apparently, the Bellinos act as some sort of repellant if their name is mentioned in a jewelry store.

I got from Vicki that Meghan isn't a SAHM.  It is a bit of a stretch to call Meghan a SAHM. 

• Love 5

I don't have a problem with Meghan not apologizing if she isn't sorry.  But she is so self-absorbed, she doesn't even acknowledge that maybe she had a big part in creating the whole drama in the first place.

Even though Vicki said raising children is the most important job, I don't think she really respects SAHM. 

As far as her not apologizing-she doesn't grasp that she has hurt another's  feelings. When she approached Shannon in Napa, it was about wringing an apology out of Shannon AND a promise to help with her event, over  phone call that was such a stretch to be deemed rude.  So I think Meghan needs to look to the big picture.  She can't possibly think, there is ever a reason to call guest "judgy eyes".    So even she is proud to stand by her actions she should accept the fact she might be standing alone and there being zero in the way of invitations or a whole lot of regrets to her invites.  to quote Heather Thomson "she is missing the sensitivity chip."

• Love 7
(edited)

I got from Vicki that Meghan isn't a SAHM.  It is a bit of a stretch to call Meghan a SAHM. 

I don't think Meghan is a SAHM either. Let's be real, Hayley is nearly an adult (if she's not already 18)), and the work needed to raise her has already been completed for the most part by her parents and grandparents. Hayley doesn't seem to respect Meghan's authority so she, from what I see, is nothing more than a baby-sitter.

I don't blame Meghan for not working. If I were married to a man who was incredibly wealthy and he said, 'hey, I'll pay the bills. you don't have to work', I'd be laying poolside with a margarita in hand before he could even get to the word 'work'. I'd still have a side project or two that I would use to put money aside though. I think Vicki is a little bitter because needs to work to maintain her current lifestyle. Brooks certainly isn't contributing in any way.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 15

I just can't with all the stupid.

Vicki criticizes and looks down on Meghan for not working. And yet her bestest friend Shannon doesn't work. Why isn't she saying these things to her? 

And while I'm not a Meghan fan, I don't get what's so hard to understand about the situation. Her teenage stepdaughter lives with her in OC to be near her dying mother. The husband commutes.

And yes, Shannon, you were judging Meghan's use of botox. Which is fine. I would have as well. But just say it and own it. Don't get mad when someone calls you on your shit when you know darn well that's what you were doing. 

• Love 9
She can't possibly think, there is ever a reason to call guest "judgy eyes".

If I had the guts, I'd do it.  Shannon was "boring" into her with those superior orbs.  Shannon is presented as superior about everything...especially her vast medical knowledge and advice.

• Love 7

Dear Vicki: I am CONFUSED as to why with all the various shenanigans going on with the marriages in this group that thing that you're so offended by is Megan's choice to be in OC so that Hailey can have a stable home while spending as much time with her dying mother. There's worse stuff just in the Edmond's marriage but this is what shakes you to your fucking core? Whatever.

I'm starting to find it a little funny how much the very existence of Meghan or Shannon offends the other. They do not click, not even a little. I will admit to snickering a little over how twitterpated Shannon was that Meghan was stag at game night. Relax, hon. I think David will manage to get through the evening without banging Meghan in the coffee table. Go mix your self a Grey Goose and whatever the hell list of shit you need for your drink.

I love this entire post so much I would marry it if that kind of thing were legal.  

It's much harder for me to understand the Vicki/Brooks situation than it is to understand the Edmond's situation (although the fact that they keep moving around the OC is a head scratcher).  What happened to his job? Didn't he use to work back in Mississippi? What about his kids? Does he see them? Is he paying child support now, and if so, how? Didn't he and Vicki have long-term relationship where they lived apart the majority of the time for years? Only seeing each other now and then? How perfectly like Vicki to cast judgment on the way someone else lives their life, all the while passionately claiming that the way she lives hers is off limits for discussion or analysis. 

• Love 3
Let's say Terry and Heather are pulling in $7.5M a year.

I didn't think this comment meant that Terry brought in $7.5M from his practice alone.   Not only does Terry appear occasionally on RHOC (I assume he gets paid), he has his own "Botched" show on BRAVO.  I think they're both astute enough and have worked long enough that they have some solid investments.  I don't know that the $7.5 number is too offbase.

• Love 3

Like another poster said, with Vicki money equals power and control . Deep down she doesn't want her daughter in OK married to that raging lunatic. So she sits quietly not harping on Briana working so when the inevitable happens, and they split, Brianna has no choice but to move back to Vicki. And yet again, Vicki is back in control.

If I had the guts, I'd do it. Shannon was "boring" into her with those superior orbs. Shannon is presented as superior about everything...especially her vast medical knowledge and advice.

I didn't get that from her response at the party. In her TH yes, she looked surprised. Who wouldn't be a bit shocked to hear a 30 yr old sit around talking about getting botox for wrinkles? Meghan clearly has no wrinkles so Shannon was surprised. Who cares. I'd take it as a compliment that Shannon thinks I look so good.

• Love 4

Like another poster said, with Vicki money equals power and control . Deep down she doesn't want her daughter in OK married to that raging lunatic. So she sits quietly not harping on Briana working so when the inevitable happens, and they split, Brianna has no choice but to move back to Vicki. And yet again, Vicki is back in control.

I think the reason Vicki doesn't harp on Brianna is because Brianna DOES work. She is working as an ER nurse in OK. 

• Love 5

Yeah, I think Megsn is a gold digger who married her way out of St Louis...and so what? Vicki has 2 failed marriages and a con-artist boyfriend because (by her own admission) she can't be alone for 5 minutes. Tamara's about 30 seconds from her 3rd divorce because her type seems to be "asshole who works out". Shannon is making herself and everyone in her path sick from nerves trying to hang on to a lying cheater that she doesn't even seem to like very much. Heather married security with an awful sense of humor. So Meghan and Jim aren't madly in love? Big deal. Also, I think the travel thing is a matter of personal comfort level. My ex is a musician and travels all the time. It wasn't that unusual for me not to know the ins and out of his schedule, especially since it could change quickly. I'm pretty independent and it never bothered me to do things on my own, even couple-y things. I think Meghan is like that. It just doesn't bug her to be on her own so when she plans something like a game night and Jim bails she just keeps going. As much as I have a soft spot for Vicki, she can't be without a man. She's the type who would cancel dinner rather than be the 5th wheel and the type that would die of embarrassment if someone saw her at the movies or at a restaurant alone. I think she's actually a little jealous that Meghan is ok being socially independent of her husband. Vicki has probably always felt less than if she isn't walking into the room with a man by her side.

Jeez! It sounds like I like Meghan and I don't. I just think making a solo game night into a nefarious plan to...I have no idea what...something bad, is so dumb.

Exactly.

I hear you about Meghan. Although I do hover over hating her to almost liking her.  I really wish she'd stop acting for the cameras and be more real.  She seems to have a good sense of humor, doesn't sound like a dummy.  If Leanne really did like her, maybe she's okay behind the scenes?

• Love 1

After viewing the episode..Meghan trying to go after shannon is going nowhere since some of the women like her.

However, vicki opening her big mouth (all on her doing without producer prodding) and pissING Meghan is where the organic feud is at.

• Love 3

I don't think that Meghan is a gold-digger.  I think that Jim wants/needs a trophy wife (a beard?) and disposes of them as they show signs of wear.  Maybe that's why Meghan is considering Botox.  Jim Edmonds is a big deal in St. Louis--does that work anywhere else?

• Love 1

I think the Dubrows aren't impulsive buyers, they're not really impulsive people in general. So while I don't think they have any issue spending to the moon and back, I don't think they feel pressure to buy things they don't want just because. So Heather will but $500 t-shirt because they're the ones she likes best, but walk away from a pretty necklace because she doesn't love it. It's the theory of "only buy what you truly love, but pay whaever it cost". I actually know a lot of rich people who think like this. $5 is too much to spend on something they don't love, but $500,000 isn't too much for something you do love. It's all about not nickle and dimeing yourself to death. I'll admit I can be that way myself (at a much lower income bracket) so it doesn't seem odd to me. I pack my lunch every day because I don't want to spend $10 on crappy food, but then I'll go and drop $100 on dinner at a restaurant I love.

• Love 14

Because his brother was such a rock star, Terry's older brother was Kevin Dubrow of Quiet Riot.

I was frustrated at the way Terry pretty much got ignored by Eddie and Christian last season at Shannon's Holliday party when he mentioned his brother was Kevin Dubrow of Quiet Riot! They were huge for a hot minute! Metal Health was the first heavy metal album to hit #1 on the Billboard charts! They looked at him like he was full of ****!

Sorry to get OT but the rock fan in me was deeply offended LOL!

• Love 3

Speaking of Lizzie, did you catch the quick shot of her putting a cloth grocery bag over her head at the party? There's a weird shot where you see a woman in a black sleeveless dress pulling a bag over her head, and when I checked the ladies' clothing, I realized it was Lizzie. Was she making a comment on her presence -- or lack of it -- on the show?

There are so many different ways for a couple to handle their finances, and it can change over the marriage. As long as the two parties are in agreement, it's not my business what they do. I don't judge Brooks and Vicki. If they are happy with whatever their arrangement is, then ok by me. If not, then I guess they'll eventually break up or come to some agreement. That said, I think Vicki in essence is trying to tell women -- especially the ones who are mostly supported by their husbands -- to have an independent source of income and to establish a career or bank account for themselves just in case something goes wrong in their marriage.

Vicki talked seriously to Gretchen about having some sure financial settlement from -- oops, the man she was with who died, can't remember his name. On the one hand, maybe Vicki was just trying to sell an insurance policy. On the other, she seemed sincerely worried that Gretchen would get nothing when the man died, or that maybe his kids would challenge a will, that it would take a long time for the estate to settle, that sort of thing. 

She's not wrong in advising women to take care of themselves financially, but she has started saying everything in the wrong way and it all sounds muddled and offensive. She does seem very jealous of Meghan being supported by Jim. I assume she doesn't have similar feelings toward Shannon because (from what I read here) Shannon brought her own money into the marriage and could get by ok without David's money. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Vicki isn't wrong to advise women to pay attention to their finances, but as an insurance agent all she wants to do is sell annuities.  As someone on Amazon commented, the book she published with self help "Guru" Dennis Postema (also an insurance agent) reads like one long advertisement for annuities.  She is actually doing a disservice to women when she steers them into those insurance products when they should be putting most of their money in mutual funds and other true investments.   

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 8

The problem with Vicki's argument is that ALL of the RH "work."  They're reality TV stars!  They are being paid to film the show, and write blogs and participate in various other Bravo shenanigans (i.e., "Watch What Happens").  They probably also get paid for personal appearances and endorsing products.  Being on the show is their work, but none of them can say that on camera because it breaks the fourth wall.  Now for some of them (aka Heather and Meghan) the money they bring in from the show may basically be their fun spending money and for others (Tamara) I suspect it is a much-needed source of real income.   

• Like 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Vicki's snoring - really?! If they all weren't paid to hang out with her, Vicki would find herself with very few invitations.

Meghan gets off on saying things to make people react uncomfortably - a predator. Plus, she looks like a snake. lol

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 7
I don't think $7 million a year is enough to build and maitain that monstrosity.

I don't know about maintenance, but haven't they done well selling their homes in the past--and making money?   They probably got a bundle from their most recent sale.

• Love 5

The one reason I didn't like Heather and then Meghan's comments about how "rude" Vicki was to leave the (boring) Game Night Party early is because neither of those arbiters of manners took into account that Vicki was in mourning for her mother. At the time of the party her mother's death and the funeral had been very recent. Vicki should have stayed home with the perfectly legitimate excuse that she was too tired and wasn't in the mood to "party" because she had just buried her mother. Grief is physically taxing as well as emotionally. But I guess she felt she had to attend and be filmed. She looked exhausted, and while the snoring thing was rude and is annoying, it was very rude and unsympathetic of her "friends" to expect her to stay up late on a work night after what she'd just gone through, and then to get all judgmental about it on camera.

• Love 9
The problem with Vicki's argument is that ALL of the RH "work."  They're reality TV stars!  They are being paid to film the show, and write blogs and participate in various other Bravo shenanigans (i.e., "Watch What Happens").  They probably also get paid for personal appearances and endorsing products.  Being on the show is their work, but none of them can say that on camera because it breaks the fourth wall.  Now for some of them (aka Heather and Meghan) the money they bring in from the show may basically be their fun spending money and for others (Tamara) I suspect it is a much-needed source of real income.

Exactly! And, also, I just really don't believe Vicki goes off on these tangents out of concern for the other women. Maybe I'm far too cynical, but I just feel like she does it because she WANTS to imagine the worst happening to them, wants them to fear it too. Nobody can ever have it just so "perfect" as to not have to work or worry about money. It's like she just relishes in pointing out that something awful could happen, that they're no better than her - because deep down inside she wishes she had what they had. 

• Love 5

I do believe Tamra's assertion that if Vicki had a wealthy husband who didn't want her to work, she'd happily sit home eating bon-bons all day and spend his money on expensive jewelry whenever the mood struck her.

• Love 8

I don't know about maintenance, but haven't they done well selling their homes in the past--and making money?   They probably got a bundle from their most recent sale.

According to one real estate blogger, they reportedly paid $3.3 Million for their previous lot, and spent another $7 million on construction.  Since it sold for $16.45 Million, they did make a ton of money on it.  Around the same time, they sold another house they owned at an $800,000 loss (give or take a few thousand).  So OC real estate giveth and taketh away.

Here's some info on all of the HW's real estate transactions back in 2013:

http://variety.com/2013/more/real-estalker/real-estate-roundup-the-real-housewives-of-orange-county-1201235614

• Love 1
(edited)

I do believe Tamra's assertion that if Vicki had a wealthy husband who didn't want her to work, she'd happily sit home eating bon-bons all day and spend his money on expensive jewelry whenever the mood struck her.

Well hell, so would I. Wouldn't we all?

I get the point though, that she is a hypocrite

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 3

Tamra supports herself, Eddie, the gym, pays Simon child support and apparently helps Ryan out.  She needs to be selling real estate.  The fact Tamra has had an eight year run means nothing.  If ratings drop or her family ceases to be amusing she is on the street.  So Tamra of all people gets it when Vicki talks about needing a job, in addition to this circus.  I think although Vicki's vacations, extra income to her daughter come as a result of the show and she knows she too is expendable from RHOC.

Well hell, so would I. Wouldn't we all?

I get the point though, that she is a hypocrit

I think that is what makes Vicki different. . . she will never feel secure unless she is bringing in some income.  Where I live we have men earning over a million dollars a year and wives who still want to teach and earn well under $100,000.00.  The teach because they are good at it and it makes them secure they have a livelihood. 

• Love 1

That Meghan is concealing disgruntlement or unhappiness with her life largely depends on the premise that she's emotionally invested in her marriage. Whether one likes her or not (I don't mind her), I think her self-satisfaction is pretty much entirely genuine. That doesn't mean it's always justified but it does mean that she likely earnestly finds herself amazing. It would be much easier for someone who is their own number one fan to spend time solitarily or otherwise occupy herself with endeavors that don't involve her husband. Such behavior would be inherently mystifying to women like Vicki - she who is so desperate for male affirmation that all it took was a couple of greeting cards for a man once incarcerated for not paying child support to situate himself on her dole - and Shannon, who has taken to gaslighting *herself* over her husband's disinterest in and humiliation of her. Meghan seems to be the only woman on this franchise to realize that bitching ad infinitum at one's husband never improved anything.

• Love 3