Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Judgy Eyes & Tahitian Skies

• Start Topic

I do think Vicki comes off as a total bitch the way she talks about women spending their husbands' money.

For me, she has been a total bitch for the run of the show; I assume that's why BRAVO keeps her.   Today a friend wondered why she had a nose job that makes her look like a pig.  I told her this one is a VAST improvement.  We're two people who don't watch regularly.

• Love 3
(edited)

Why does everyone keep saying "medical"? Isn't it Medicaid or Medicare? Oh well, that's neither here nor there. (that rhymes)

I LOL'd at Vicki's "Little Banjos" comment, she's an idiot.

Shannon and David. I'm still fascinated by this utter train wreck of a marriage. I don't even know where to begin my comments.

I guess first off I was completely confused by the counselor's advice of moving forward/not talking. And I agree with others... David is completely checked out. He's going thru the proverbial motions. I just can't blame him though.... Shannon is the worst buzzkill on the planet. She couldn't even manage to laugh off the stupid "Newlywed game" Also, she continues to behave as if she is 85 years old. Her mannerisms, her dress, her boring attitude. She just bugs the crap out of me.

****I'm about to speak very quietly********* -->>> I liked Meghan's headband in Tahiti. Don't give me those Judgy eyes now !!!!

eta - I'm going to go smell some pizza for lunch now.

In Ca Medcaid is called MediCal ,as in Califonia. You know people lived in Cali if they say MediCal Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 2

Shannon sniffing the pizza was gross.  I wouldn't want to eat it after her face being all down in it.  She really is a joyless wet blanket and no fun at all.  I can't like her just because she seems like such a downer and she's actually kind of a bitch in her talking heads -- and not in a funny way, so I don't know about her being so nice.

I believe that Meghan is really trying to figure out how to be a good stepmother to Haley.  It's a hard relationship to navigate, especially with their ages being so close, Jimmy being so absent, and everything that Haley is going through.  I think she screws up a lot and a lot of what is shown is just for the show, but I do believe there is some sincerity and she is trying.  I also think Jimmy might just be uncomfortable with the cameras, he seemed a lot nice when we just heard him on the phone.

Vicky has no redeemable qualities.  I don't even know what to say about her because she sucks so much.

I don't think I actually like anyone on this show, so I don't know why I have been watching.

I think most people, especially in California, have a bigger mortgage than they do savings.  If I pooled all of my liquid assets I could almost pay off my mortgage, but why would I?  Given the current economic climate it makes more sense to continue earning at a higher rate on my investments than I'm paying in mortgage interest, plus if anything happens I'd rather be able to tap into the cash.  That being said, my actual savings account (not my investments), which I could live on for about a year, is less than 20% of what I carry on my mortgage.  Anyone that can save up $400k to buy a house outright isn't going to want to live in a $400k house (I think that's about the median house price in So Cal).

It's Medi-Cal, the California state program.

I agree with you about the majority of homeowners having higher mortgages than savings, ( I myself am in this camp) but do you wonder if the Beadors own their home outright? Or the Vanderpumps? I'm really curious - I feel like people with solid wealth would own their homes rather than get a mortgage t. Like say I have 15 million in the bank why not just buy a 10 mil house and be done with it?

I guess tho I am in the camp if I save 100K in cash Im going to get a 250K house that affords me a really small mortgage vs getting a loan out for a 700K mortgage, but that might just be the middle class talking, LOL!

Yeah, I was totally thinking of Lisa & that pink sapphire she adored.  She eventually got it tho, didn't she?  Idk, maybe what bothered me is that Heather clearly liked that necklace.  But I thought she acted sensibly -- er, like the rest of us poor slobs would.  And that's cuz none of us could ever in a zillion years afford a 49 thou necklace.  Hmmm, but supposedly she can.  She said she would consult Terry on big purchases.  Again, that makes sense for the rest of us average slobs.  But for the billionaires that Terry & Heather constantly claim to us they are?  Why would they hold to such rules?  49 thou is a mere spit in the bucket to them -- like nickels & dimes are to us peons, right?  

It all just makes me very, very suspicious.  It's true that's the myth to us poor slobs -- that the 1-percenters are out buying up anything/everything they want.  Maybe I'm surprised Heather didn't just buy the necklace for the cameras.  It would be consistent with the obnoxious shoving their supposed wealth in our faces, which they both NEVER seem to stop doing.  Ah, but phony-baloney Heather is so damn deliberate about EVERYTHING she does on camera.  Maybe this behavior was done on purpose also.  You know, to show us she's such a regular, sensible gal.  I could see her saying, "See, I'm just like the rest of you peasants."

Let's say Terry and Heather are pulling in $7.5M a year.  That makes $49k to them the same as $1k to someone making $150k/year.  Even though you can afford it, it isn't exactly impulse buy range for something as useless as a necklace.  

I agree with you about the majority of homeowners having higher mortgages than savings, ( I myself am in this camp) but do you wonder if the Beadors own their home outright? Or the Vanderpumps? I'm really curious - I feel like people with solid wealth would own their homes rather than get a mortgage t. Like say I have 15 million in the bank why not just buy a 10 mil house and be done with it?

I guess tho I am in the camp if I save 100K in cash Im going to get a 250K house that affords me a really small mortgage vs getting a loan out for a 700K mortgage, but that might just be the middle class talking, LOL!

Because it is a far smarter move to leverage the bank's money at sub 4% interest rate and earn higher returns putting your $10mil to work for you -- there's also the tax advantages of carrying a mortgage to a certain point.  I never wonder if the Beadors or Vanderpumps are carrying a mortgage, I assume they are.

• Love 6

Vicki is living off of Bravo and not out hustling insurance. Her office has an empty feel to it and she had little in her in box during the last filming. Most of us have more paperwork around our workspace.

Romana talked a lot about making her own money during the early seasons. Since then, we have not seen or heard anything about Ramona going to work. The only difference is that Vicki has an office and most likely passes the leads on to someone else.

Filming a reality show is work so there are no SAHM on this show.

• Love 2

"A few years wear"?  What the what?  That was a gorgeous investment piece you wear for life.  Was Heather being sensible cuz she isn't impulsive or because she doesn't have the dough to be impulsive enough to casually buy a 49 thou piece?  Hmmmm.  Idk, I've seen very rich women in jewelry stores.  To me, she didn't act like one.  Look, I get it.  She does seem sensible & not particularly impulsive.  I still say she's putting on a phony-baloney act for the cameras that she & Terry are billionaires.  They're not.  Could she have bought the piece?  Maybe, but she never would have cuz they ain't what they're trying so hard to make us believe they are.

Didn't she say that she discusses purchase over 10,000 with her husband? Why assume she couldn't afford it? Perhaps it's that while she admired it, she didn't feel compelled to own it.

On another note, was sad to see Haley's mom died. Wonder if she'll head back to St. Louis with her dad and leave old Meghan on her lonesome. 

• Love 2
She couldn't even manage to laugh off the stupid "Newlywed game"

She can't laugh off or AT anything, jnymph.  Her poor kids.  Either they're miserable or they'll make others miserable soon enough.  What great role models, a mealy-mouth creepy dad and a BSC hypochondriac mom.  How did she get on this show again?  I know there are Shannon fans...I'm lucky that I don't know them.

• Love 5
Oh, how I would love that!  The snoring is not cute - like she thinks.  Why do they all put up with her low rent habits?  If it's so boring, go home, and then you will be on my screen less and less - which is better and better for me.   Let's have both Lauri and Slade make a surprise visit with a big Gatorade bucket, all ready for dumping - that will make it even sweeter for the OG of the OC!!

Vicki snores because she is bored. Why is she bored? Because she's an idiot who can't carry on an intelligent conversation. If they're not talking about insurance, "wooping it up", or her family drama, her brain can't keep up. 

• Love 16
(edited)

We're soul sisters, TV Diva Queen, soul sisters.   And I like Meghan too.   

I like Meghan too.  I think she's completely harmless (thus far), she's as young as spit, and I believe that SHE believes she's a good person.  No harm no foul with her.  I reserve the right to change my mind...

ETA ghoulina my dad, who was (ironically) an insurance exec.  used to tell me.  "only boring people get bored".  When he would tell me this as a young lass, I hadn't a clue what he was talking about.  Now I get it! and I tell my teenagers the same expression, (now its their turn "not to get it", but they will one day.

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 6

Let's say Terry and Heather are pulling in $7.5M a year.  That makes $49k to them the same as $1k to someone making $150k/year.  Even though you can afford it, it isn't exactly impulse buy range for something as useless as a necklace.  

Because it is a far smarter move to leverage the bank's money at sub 4% interest rate and earn higher returns putting your $10mil to work for you -- there's also the tax advantages of carrying a mortgage to a certain point.  I never wonder if the Beadors or Vanderpumps are carrying a mortgage, I assume they are.

AH good point, Financial savvy, I am not :-) 

Every time I start to think Ramona is the most ridiculous of all the HW's, Vicki shows me that maybe I am wrong. She is crazy. What is so hard to understand about what Meghan and Jimmy are doing? He works in St. Louis. He has a contract there. Hayley lived with them in St. Louis but wanted to be closer to her mother who is very ill. Meghan moved back to the OC with Hayley so she could be closer to her mom (and of course to be on the show). Yes, Meghan has essentially made her bed. She knew that she wouldn't be with Jimmy all the time when she made the decision. She married him and agreed to all of this, so bitching about it now doesn't help. I have a hard time faulting her for that, however. Many people I know get in relationships with people and find out later that it's not exactly how they pictured it to be in their head. Isn't that why so many marriages don't work? Vicki's constant assertion that because she doesn't work means that she isn't a partner in the relationship is silly. I give Shannon props for standing up and saying that what she does is just as important as what Vicki does. I never understood why Vicki wasn't bothered by Shannon, and assumed it must be because Shannon came into the marriage with her own money. She didn't earn it, however, and Vicki never seems to hold any respect for women who don't earn their own money. I have always thought this would as some point be an issue between Shannon and Vicki and I still believe that to be the case. 

To me if Meghan would have skipped all the whining and complaining about all their moves her story would have been more succinct.  I am not understanding why they move from house to condo in St. Louis, then from house to mansion in the desert, or why they moved 6 times in five months.  There just seems to be a lot of extra information thrown in for drama's sake.  Then there is the home study excuse that Haley is taking her mom to chemo and doctor appointments-seems odd.  Then she is living with  Jim and Meghan-wherever they land.  There is just something off about the whole story.   I think Vicki is trying to pin her down to a story and make it stick.  I think Meghan is trying way too hard to be the number one parent in her new husband's children's lives.  She is out of bounds. 

I get that Jim works in St. Louis during baseball season, which would be April through October, but this is being filmed in February and March.  I am also questioning how long Haley attended school in St. Louis, because according to Meghan they moved five times from St. Louis to the desert and finally to OC.  So now that Haley has graduated is there any real reason for Jim and Megan to live in the OC?  It would seem, much like her sister, Haley could go away to college or attend the closest vocational school close to where her father lives, if she is not able to live on her own.

Granted having just lost her mother I could understand wanting to be around family.

To me the difference is Meghan is not a SAHM-she is a newlywed wife who has chosen to not work.   Shannon seemed to hold her own last night with Vicki and express her view about SAHM.  Heather is the one that goes on and on about all the money they spend.  I think Vicki needs to stop worrying about what other women and if they work or not.  They know how she feels about being dependent on a man for income.  Enough.

• Love 4
Well, color me shocked and embarrassed that I did not know the secret to eternal weight management was to stick your nose as close as possible to the food you desire but don't dare eat  and take a deep whif! Thanks for the tip, Shannon!

I don't understand how that even helps. If anything, being that close to it and smelling it would just make me want the pizza more!

• Love 9

I have been to that store in Tahiti.  It is very over-priced.  That necklace was not worth $49K retail.  So I have no issue with Heather complementing it and walking away.  Also, she does not usually wear very showy jewelry.  Remember the year of the constant Chanel earrings?  She seems to be more the type to have good pieces that she really enjoys and can wear for many different types of occasions.  She may annoy but I see nothing financial to read into her not buying the pearl necklace, especially since it had off-colored diamonds. 

When Meghan called Shannon judgy, Shannon made the same face Vicki makes – bug-eyed, lips oddly pursed where she sticks out her upper lip, and she did the head tilt.  She was like a cartoon character.

The best shot at the world’s most boring game night was one of David and Christian in the background.  They were each looking different directions but both showed a combination of bored and WTF.

• Love 11
Vicki snores because she is bored. Why is she bored?

That fake SNORE was not funny (and so old hat) the first time she did it and has been IRRITATING the next 100 times.  She "snores" because she's involved in some activity that she did not plan.  Everyone has to bow to Queen Victoria.  Not Meghan--I want her to come on stronger and stronger.  She doesn't give a crap and that makes it fun.  Also, why do all of these women care about how the Meghan/Jim relationship works?  Vicki is a relationship failure and she's the biggest pot-stirrer.  Is she jealous of everything and anything any other woman has...including youth?

• Love 13
(edited)

Why does everyone keep saying "medical"? Isn't it Medicaid or Medicare? Oh well, that's neither here nor there. (that rhymes)

I LOL'd at Vicki's "Little Banjos" comment, she's an idiot.

Shannon and David. I'm still fascinated by this utter train wreck of a marriage. I don't even know where to begin my comments.

I guess first off I was completely confused by the counselor's advice of moving forward/not talking. And I agree with others... David is completely checked out. He's going thru the proverbial motions. I just can't blame him though.... Shannon is the worst buzzkill on the planet. She couldn't even manage to laugh off the stupid "Newlywed game" Also, she continues to behave as if she is 85 years old. Her mannerisms, her dress, her boring attitude. She just bugs the crap out of me.

****I'm about to speak very quietly********* -->>> I liked Meghan's headband in Tahiti. Don't give me those Judgy eyes now !!!!

eta - I'm going to go smell some pizza for lunch now.

I lol too at Vicki regarding the "little banjos" . Then said out loud to my self, omg, she's an idiot, lol.

Vicki is a train wreck,but she has moments when she makes me laugh.

Sorry, I have to disagree about Meghan's headband, I was hoping Tamra would have snatched it off her head and runaway with it, while screaming "you will never see this again! " :)

If Bravo could play that clip(Tamra running away) at the end of every episode, I'd be very happy.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 11

Vicki needs to shut up about women staying home and not working and spending their husband's money. It's THEIR money because they are married. If Megan was causing them to go broke, ok then. But Vicki of all people is NOT married and is living with a lying grifter who doesn't work, doesn't support himself much less Vicki and she ends up paying for EVERYTHING. Which is worse? Sorry Vicks but you look like an idiot when you are criticizing someone for not working outside the home and yet your own boyfriend doesn't have a job.  I dislike Megan but don't hate her yet. She's kind of dumb and harmless. I don't even fault her for how "passionate" she is about Leann's and Jim's kids. As someone who doesn't have kids of her own she just doesn't know any better. Her husband seemingly gave her one job- to take care of his 17 year old daughter. So she's blindly (and stupidly) throwing herself all into the job of parenting a teenager. Good luck with that Megan.

David is done with that marriage. He is probably already having another affair! He doesn't want to go to counseling. All he wants to do is smile that shaky frail smile and come home to a peaceful house. Which will NEVER happen because Shannon will never get over things. She is not living in reality. I like Shannon, she is neurotic and funny at times and seems capable of being a good friend. But she is overly dramatic and can not let things go. To berate him over answering a question wrong during a game?? Priorities honey! Why in the hell would David say things are more romantic now then a week after they met? He had an affair and is probably still mourning the loss of his mistress (who probably actually made him happy!) and he's rightfully facing the consequences of his actions  but those consequences include returning home every night to a needy, harping shrieking, time bomb of a wife who he can't get a moment's peace from and has to walk on eggshells.  The way he wants to brush it off, and minimize what happened shows he's really not interested in working things out. He's just biding his time till he can bail.

• Love 12

I don't think Shannon can be a good friend--well, maybe...if everything goes her way and one is happy to be a yes-man/woman.  She might keep a friend for a month or two, but they will let her down in many ways.  Vicki is probably being her friend to piss off some of the others.  Vicki will turn on her.

Also, how often did Meghan have to explain (during this series) that Jim's ex-wife has cancer and is TERMINAL.  She is going to die, ladies!  If Jim is traveling all the time, some adult needs to be available for Haley...and she and Meghan seem to get along like siblings.  These women are mean and ig-nernt!

• Love 3

To whoever mentioned Meghan's horrid headband...thank you for reminding me of its existence. The OC ladies certainly march to the beat of their own drums when it comes to fashion. That sparkly headband reminded of those tacky Sky tops everyone loved the first few seasons.

I actually think Vicki genuinely likes Shannon. I couldn't imagine her having issues with her like she [Vicki] has had issues with Tamra.

• Love 4
(edited)

Did Heather just say she spends $400 on Terry's t-shirts? Liar. It makes it easier to justify spending $400 on a resort wear blouse for yourself in a pricey boutique, gimme a break.

And Meghen, your marriage was over before it began. Vicki was right about one thing, you should've kept your sales rep job because once this marriage dissolves you'll need it to support yourself because hopefully you're a one and done on this show. Besides being a bitch, you're an ass. Buh-byee.

Ugh, Shannon, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you really should've taken this season off to get yourself together because your misery is bringing me down! David is just not that into you. He's hanging on by a thread for his kids, it's obvious he doesn't want to partner with you in life anymore. Stop trying to eek out something in David that no longer exists. You're still relatively young, work on yourself and heal, raise your daughters, and find some peace in life and ratchet down the anxiety and control issues that keep you stuck. And when you're ready, put yourself out there to meet someone you can respect and who'll value you. And get a good lawyer who can get you as much alimony and child support out of David as possible.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 7

When was this episode filmed? In her TH Meghan mentions that Haley's mom passed away. LeAnn passed away last Wednesday (July 22nd) which would mean the TH segment was just filmed.

Maybe I didn't hear it correctly? Oops...now I get it they just "reported" LeeAnn's death on July 22nd.

Sorry?

Edit---Looks like LeAnn did just pass away...she was alive during this episode. So Meghan's TH was added.

Knowing Meghan she probably pre-taped it.

• Love 4

I just looked at Vicki's business' website, and saw this: "IF THERE’S SEVERAL WORDS THAT DESCRIBES SELF-MADE BUSINESS MAVEN VICKI GUNVALSON – IT’S ENERGY, COMMITMENT, INTEGRITY."

The bad grammar!  The all caps!  Ugh.  So terrible and hilarious. 

Shannon is no bueno.  She is so nasty in her TH's.  Also, while cheating is absolutely wrong, if you decide you're going to stay with the cheater and work it out, you don't get to hold it over his head forever.  I know she's still trying to work through it, but she needs to eventually let it go if she wants to stay together, or she needs to get a divorce.

• Love 11

Dear Vicki: I am CONFUSED as to why with all the various shenanigans going on with the marriages in this group that thing that you're so offended by is Megan's choice to be in OC so that Hailey can have a stable home while spending as much time with her dying mother. There's worse stuff just in the Edmond's marriage but this is what shakes you to your fucking core? Whatever.

I'm starting to find it a little funny how much the very existence of Meghan or Shannon offends the other. They do not click, not even a little. I will admit to snickering a little over how twitterpated Shannon was that Meghan was stag at game night. Relax, hon. I think David will manage to get through the evening without banging Meghan in the coffee table. Go mix your self a Grey Goose and whatever the hell list of shit you need for your drink.

• Love 13

Who hosts a couples night at her home if her husband can't be there?    Apparently someone with a BRAVO contract, who had help plnning a silly event for television, and whose husband's travel plans are so random that no one can keep up with him.  Meghan was a good sport putting on a good face...and she had a happy partner.  Shannon and Vicki should ride off into the sunset on their brooms!

P.S.   Would most of the ladies have the cojones to leave a Queen Victoria party early?

• Love 8
Did Heather just say she spends $400 on Terry's t-shirts?

Fendi makes some pretty nice t-shirts for $400 and more.  They look like many other t-shirts...but the feel and fit is probably much better.  I don't mind that Terry and Heather flaunt what they have.  She's doing a good job with her kids.  Her husband seems happily married, seems to be a good father and very happy with the profession he chose.  Because his brother was such a rock star, Terry's older brother was Kevin Dubrow of Quiet Riot.  Terry probably wants some of that type of fame--I think he likes being on reality television.  I enjoy them both.  They can be as snooty as they want.

• Love 11

What are the odds that Hayley will return to regular high school in the Fall?  I'm guessing slim to none, because there has to more behind her home study than Meghan let on.

I am going to say none because she graduated this spring.

• Love 6

Dear Vicki: I am CONFUSED as to why with all the various shenanigans going on with the marriages in this group that thing that you're so offended by is Megan's choice to be in OC so that Hailey can have a stable home while spending as much time with her dying mother. There's worse stuff just in the Edmond's marriage but this is what shakes you to your fucking core? Whatever.

I'm starting to find it a little funny how much the very existence of Meghan or Shannon offends the other. They do not click, not even a little. I will admit to snickering a little over how twitterpated Shannon was that Meghan was stag at game night. Relax, hon. I think David will manage to get through the evening without banging Meghan in the coffee table. Go mix your self a Grey Goose and whatever the hell list of shit you need for your drink.

There is a part of me that thinks it lovely that the mother and step mother brought it together for Haley, but she has zero respect for Meghan. Her mother was remarried so it really didn't take Meghan and Jim moving back to OC for Haley. There was a very strong support system in place with her stepfather and maternal grandparents.  Meghan needed a solid reason to be back in the OC to fill the role that her husband's second ex had put into motion.   I think since LeeAnn passed a week ago and Meghan beat feet to NY a couple of days later there is a certain sense of fake going on when it comes to Meghan.  I am guessing Jim has cancelled his appearances to be a source of support for his children?

• Love 3
(edited)

Yeah, I was totally thinking of Lisa & that pink sapphire she adored.  She eventually got it tho, didn't she?  Idk, maybe what bothered me is that Heather clearly liked that necklace.  But I thought she acted sensibly -- er, like the rest of us poor slobs would.  And that's cuz none of us could ever in a zillion years afford a 49 thou necklace.  Hmmm, but supposedly she can.  She said she would consult Terry on big purchases.  Again, that makes sense for the rest of us average slobs.  But for the billionaires that Terry & Heather constantly claim to us they are?  Why would they hold to such rules?  49 thou is a mere spit in the bucket to them -- like nickels & dimes are to us peons, right?  

It all just makes me very, very suspicious.  It's true that's the myth to us poor slobs -- that the 1-percenters are out buying up anything/everything they want.  Maybe I'm surprised Heather didn't just buy the necklace for the cameras.  It would be consistent with the obnoxious shoving their supposed wealth in our faces, which they both NEVER seem to stop doing.  Ah, but phony-baloney Heather is so damn deliberate about EVERYTHING she does on camera.  Maybe this behavior was done on purpose also.  You know, to show us she's such a regular, sensible gal.  I could see her saying, "See, I'm just like the rest of you peasants."

I've been thinking about this whole necklace thing, and, maybe Heather really didn't like it as much as it seemed she did, or maybe actually is a savvy shopper with an excellent eye and she knew that the necklace really wasn't worth the price quoted - especially given the fact that they were in a tourist destination (with associated touristy destination inflated prices)?  

I am always very hesitant to buy expensive jewelry while on vacation, because what happens if, when I get home and have it appraised, it really isn't worth what I paid for it?  

Another thing - Customs tax on a $50,000.00 necklace has got to be pretty steep, and Heather can't cheat Customs and pretend like she owned it previously and traveled to Tahiti with the necklace - it would be on film that she purchased it there.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5

I'm not sure I buy the Heather loved the thing. It didn't look at all like her. It was pretty over designed and Heather seems to favor a 1990s minimalist look. I thought she was just being polite trying it on.

• Love 5
(edited)

I know Shannon is a favorite and people are protective of her, but I was watching to see where Meghan really was rude and didn't see it. Shannon was judging the botox. She made snide remarks about couples night without Jim. She didn't want to be there and it showed in her body language and demeanor. I feel like Meghan just says to peoples faces what others say behind their backs. I don't really catch her gossiping-but that could be because she doesn't know anyone well enough to gossip yet.

Having said that, I'm not sure whether I like it or not. It can cause blowups or hurt feelings-instant repercussions. The gossip behind the back does cause blowups during the reunions when everyone realizes what everyone else is really saying and thinking. It just isn't immediate and usually blows over by the time filming begins again. I'm on the fence as to what I think of all of this,so I hope I'm making sense!

Edited by LVmom
  • Love 6

I have to ask where is a sole practitioner plastic surgeon pulling down $7 million a year?  At $3 million it is a gross overshoot.  BTW for those who thought Terry was raking in the big bucks from Quiet Riot -- the guy from Quiet Riot said otherwise last night.  I am not understanding the $7 million a year salary.  Then again I like Terry, don't get a $400.00 T-shirt.  The man basically lives in scrubs.

I know Shannon is a favorite and people are protective of her, but I was watching to see where Meghan really was rude and didn't see it. Shannon was judging the botox. She made snide remarks about couples night without Jim. She didn't want to be there and it showed in her body language and demeanor. I feel like Meghan just says to peoples faces what others say behind their backs. I don't really catch her gossiping-but that could be because she doesn't know anyone well enough to gossip yet.

Having said that, I'm not sure whether I like it or not. It can cause blowups or hurt feelings-instant repercussions. The gossip behind the back does cause blowups during the reunions when everyone realizes what everyone else really saying and thinking. It just isn't immediate and usually blows over by the time filming begins again. I'm on the fence as to what I think of all of this,so I hope I'm making sense!

Lizzie thought Meghan missed the bigger picture--as Shannon said repeatedly she didn't see a wrinkle.  Meghan said last night Shannon has a big heart.  I thought the bigger issue is Tamra saying-Shannon has crazy eyes.  Below the belt.

• Love 4

Vicki snores because she is bored. Why is she bored? Because she's an idiot who can't carry on an intelligent conversation. If they're not talking about insurance, "wooping it up", or her family drama, her brain can't keep up.

I would make a remark about her age during one of those snoring sessions. "Nap time, senior citizen?" That would rile her sorry ass.

• Love 11

I don't understand why Vicki was harping on and on about women needing to work or not spend their "husband's" money.

I suspect she's a little touchy on that subject since her divorce from Don was in a community property state.  So she discovered to her horror that all marital assets were split 50/50.  And she thought/knew Don did not have the income she did.  I'm sure she thought any appreciation in the OC house was all hers etc.  But Meghan moving to CA instead of MO?  If she does become an ex-wife it's a good move.

• Love 2

I just laughed watching Heather talk about $400 t-shirts and then the careful packing of her suitcase. It's fun to see that kind of wealth, and I'd rather see stuff like that than the usual catfights and arguing over stupid stuff that Andy seems to push.

Sometimes I feel sorry for Meghan, but then I remember her not.letting.it.go. with Shannon. I do think she doesn't have much of a filter and often speaks before she thinks.

I hold grudges, so I remember how evil Tamara (and Heather, to a lesser extent) was to Alexis. Tamara has a LONG way to go to redeem herself in my eyes. Hmph!

• Love 4

Meghan's body looked so strange in that dress during game night. Her shoulders are broader than her hips, her torso looked oddly proportioned. Just an awful look for her. I'm not a fashion maven, but I'm thinking she needs to skip the skin tight dresses and give up the disco headbands.

• Love 5

Why would anyone who's so into keeping beyond thin, serve all that fattening food?  And for Shannon to smell it?  That was gross

Did anyone notice that when Meghan was talking to Jimmy the Asshat, she said "I love you" at the end of their conversation, but he didn't say it back to her?  That is very telling of their relationship.  And I agree with Vicki that it won't be long before Jimmy goes off and finds wifey Number 4.  And sorry, but there's no way that I believe that he's being faithful to Meghan while he's in St Louis for weeks on end.  He's getting it somewhere, and not only from Rosie and her five sisters.

What the hell was Meghan wearing in Tahiti?  I just don't get her fashion sense, or lack of it.  

I nearly lost it when Heather was out shopping and her conversation with Terry was about a $400 top vs a $50 one.  I'm sorry, but we all know the price of things change depending on where you buy it and who's name is on the label.  A $50 dollar shirt isn't really that cheap in the real world.  I see cheaper shirts at Kohls and Target.  And, I see a lot of designer duds at places like Marshall's and at outlet malls where the prices are fairly good.  Can you imagine Heather at an outlet mall?

When my house was hit by lightning, I was thrilled I had this scam of an insurance policy.  Most people can't afford to fix thousands of dollars in damage to homes--------just ask the people who suffered from Superstorm Sandy or Hurricane Katrina----bet they're thrilled they had insurance.  And when my car was hit by a hit and run driver, and I had $7000 in damage, I was thrilled to have scam insurance.  And when my mom fell on a cruise ship and broke her hip, and had to be medically evacuated off the ship at a cost of $75,000, I sure was happy to have that scam of travel insurance.  I will always take the coward's way out and I'll always be insured. 

• Love 9

LOL -- my bad.  I thought she had another year to go.  :-)

It is the one time I was correct.  Only because Meghan did some big statement about Haley's last semester of high school/  So you idiots STRESSFULLY moved five times?

• Love 2
(edited)

There is no way I would have been a NEWLYWED living in a different house, let alone a different State, to my new HUSBAND! No way. Not even for an almost adult step-daughter. Firstly, I would miss him too much. Being in love tends to mean you want to be WITH your partner! Secondly, I would not want him alone (I have a very charming and handsome husband who has no idea just how charming he is Lol), I would be too jealous. Thirdly, the situation didn't really warrant it IMO.

I don't believe Meghan is as happy about this arrangement as she is portraying.* Jim, on the other hand, is probably veeeeery happy with the situation.

* if she IS as ok about it as she seems...hmmmm. Doesn't seem like they are particularly close and loving.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 2
(edited)

I'm largely Team #ShutUpMeghan, but I laughed when she said she wasn't going to apologize to Shannon because she wasn't sorry. I'm not big on apologies myself (one of the many reasons I'd make a bad Housewife). Why say you're sorry if you're not? If you said it for a reason and you meant it, what's the point of pretending you didn't?

Vicki was treading on some sensitive territory about Meghan needing to have her own money, because it sounded critical of SAHM's even if she didn't intend it that way. I saw Heather and Shannon starting to get their backs up over that.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 6

There is a part of me that thinks it lovely that the mother and step mother brought it together for Haley, but she has zero respect for Meghan. Her mother was remarried so it really didn't take Meghan and Jim moving back to OC for Haley. There was a very strong support system in place with her stepfather and maternal grandparents.  Meghan needed a solid reason to be back in the OC to fill the role that her husband's second ex had put into motion.   I think since LeeAnn passed a week ago and Meghan beat feet to NY a couple of days later there is a certain sense of fake going on when it comes to Meghan.  I am guessing Jim has cancelled his appearances to be a source of support for his children?

You nailed it. Meghan's flowery and self-serving interpretation of events notwithstanding.

• Love 3
(edited)

I hate to have to defend Meghan, because I hate her, but what was so difficult for Vicki to understand about Meghan's marriage. Let me break it down. Jim and Meghan live in St Louis. Jim has a job in STL. Jim's ex gets sick and needs help with Haley. Jim can't be in LA full time because he works in STL, so he and Megna move there and Jim commutes. What is so fucking hard for Vicki to understand?? And why is it ok for Tamra to scream that she had to take a dump but when Meghan talks about getting her period, everyone acts all grossed out. 

I totally agree.  Sounds to me like she's waiting to figure out where she settles before she decides what she wants to do.  And come on, they're on a TV show.  And getting paid for it.  So it's not like she's doing NOTHING.  Most of them use the show to launch products and given that Meghan is pimping Sweat cosmetics, she's clearly going to try to make her own money.

Vicki may have to open up a branch of Andale's in the South Seas so she has a place to WHOOP IT UP around the world. 

Also: "Little banjos!!!"? Really, Vickster? Guess she's been too busy earning her own money to have seen a ukelele before. ;)

The "whoop it up" thing was so embarrassing.  She used to kind of be natural life of the party.  Now she acts like it's her own personal trademark that everyone should be aware of by now.

There is no way I would have been a NEWLYWED living in a different house, let alone a different State, to my new HUSBAND! No way. Not even for an almost adult step-daughter. Firstly, I would miss him too much. Being in love tends to mean you want to be WITH your partner! Secondly, I would not want him alone (I have a very charming and handsome husband who has no idea just how charming he is Lol), I would be too jealous. Thirdly, the situation didn't really warrant it IMO.

I don't believe Meghan is as happy about this arrangement as she is portraying.* Jim, on the other hand, is probably veeeeery happy with the situation.

* if she IS as ok about it as she seems...hmmmm. Doesn't seem like they are particularly close and loving.

I don't think Meghan is in love with anything other than being able to say she's "Jimmy's" wife and the fame that gives her.  If she weren't married to a former athlete, she wouldn't be on reality shows.  Based on some of the comments she has made -- something like she doesn't know if their marriage will last forever because she's not naiive (or something like that) - makes me think she's happy with this arrangement.  Maybe she has her own boyfriend while he's out with his boyfriend in St. Louis. :)

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8
(edited)

I'm so upset! For some reason my episode cut out early. The last thing I remember was Heather trying on the necklace.

Either way, since we're all talking about insurance, I love my health insurance! As someone with frequent medical bills, it has helped me save a little bit of money. Contrast that to my old insurance through my company and- yeah I was paying for nothing- full medical bills plus insurance bills every month taken out of my paycheck. There are definitely some horrible insurance companies out there that will deny every legitimate claim, or make it so hard for you to file that you eventually stop trying. Thank God I was able to chose this year and not get stuck with a company plan. Ahem.

Anyways, Megan's situation is very strange to me. I don't really care that much, but I do think its unusual to not know when your husband is going to be home. When Heather asked Megan when Jimmy was returning, Megan said, "I don't know Heather- why are you asking me such hard questions?" Do they communicate at all? If all Jim wanted was a caretaker for Hayley, surely he could've played sugar daddy to someone without the ring right? And doesn't Hayley have a stepfather? Not to mention she's almost 18. A lot of famous men like having the wife + random hookups. However, you would think that Jim would've given up after wife #2. Well, whatever works for them.

Game night was downright offensive. I'm a party planner (not professionally- as a hobby) and its something that I really enjoy. These two idiots had the worst party planned in HW history. It was terrible. Call me Megan- I don't have a private cell phone number, and I have nothing against Michigan area codes. I could have put together a better party for you on a $50 budget- no joke. The two men just threw a bunch of shit together and called it a day. Unorganized, unoriginal, ugly, lame. There was nothing redeemable about it. Also, as mentioned- inconvenient timing for the guests. I would have loved the "job" of organizing this "party" and whoever was responsible completely dropped the ball. Also, some knock-off of the Newlywed Game sounds super boring (and I'm sure producer driven to cause tension/jealousy) particularly when two of the men weren't present.

Hi, my name is Granimal, and I loved Megan's headband. In fact, I wear that kind of crap in my hair all the time. Heh. Now I'm picturing random PTVr's running up to rip it off of my head!

Edited by Granimal
  • Love 3