Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

Sonja may consider herself Lady of the manor, but in what world does she hold a superior education to Bethenny? Didn't she do 2 years at some fashion trade school and get an associates degree or something?

Awwww, let's not be so hard on poor Sonja. Let us not forget Sonja's profound education gained while 'modelling' in the Middle East. I am sure she was practicing the world's most ancient professio... ummm I mean her portfolio must be amazing! 

THIS!  Her reactions over Twitter, and honestly her reaction on the show as well, is so disproportionate to what happened.  It makes me believe that what we've seen of her so far has mostly been an act.  Could be wrong of course and maybe she just has a hair trigger temper when it comes to certain things (she certainly does when it comes to her daughter) and this perceived slight by Heather is one of them.  

On the real, Dorinda is striking me as being Jill-lite. She seems quite concerned in having a fanbase, having support, having a clique and someone having her back. Is she gonna show up in a Team Dorinda T-shirt at the reunion?

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 12
(edited)

For some reason, Dorinda's blogs are not being posted at Bravo until either Monday night or Tuesday morning a week after the episode recently. I suspect Dorinda trying to use viewer reactions to write her blog.  JMO

I was just about to say the same thing. Her blogs post so late each week, I sometimes think they are for the next episode. I think she is waiting to read what the other ladies write before she posts. I will have to give it to Beth - she gets her posted as soon as the episode is over. 

Ramona is so lazy with hers this season. She often only blogs every 3 or so weeks, and when she does blog, she has very little to say. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 2

I find it interesting that Dorinda hasn't posted a blog yet.  Perhaps she was waiting to see what the reaction from the fans was beforehand and now she's realizing that not everyone is rushing to her side?  I've read most of her tweets from the other night and even responded to a couple of them myself.  While there are a number of people that are on her side, there are also a number that are not.  Could be she's not getting the reaction she thought she would.

I still think something happened between them earlier in the day or the trip that Bravo didn't show us, that started the tension.  Heather was snippy before they left the house.  Kristen said in her blog that they had been running late for everything all vacation long, maybe the prompt people were getting annoyed with the fashionably late people (I don't know for sure who fits in what category-they all seemed to be dressed and ready except for finishing cocktails)?

It makes more sense if Heather and her group thought the others were already inside and were rushing to meet them.  I'd hate to think Heather purposely ignored them.  I think that part was miscommunication or misunderstanding.

I hope parking-lot-gate is not going to take over the show.  It really was petty and not really worth airing.

• Love 4

People talk about Kristin being in the background, but I have trouble remembering that Carole is on this trip.  I remember her on the boat because she's the one trying to distract Ramona so they could dump the water on her.  Otherwise, she's been wallpaper. 

I think Carole will get in the action more in the next couple of episodes.

I thought that Kristen's blog was interesting on this very point. She mentioned that folks have asked why they haven't seen her much on the trip. She says she is there, she is just not involving herself in the drama, which is of course what the camera is following. She said she spent a lot of time in the kitchen with their chef, and that she learned to cook a bit more from him. She said that she spent some time enjoying the beach, and that she napped and relaxed when tired. She seems like she was honestly trying to have a nice vacation, which I think is great except that if she doesn't get involved in the drama, she's not going to keep her apple next season. I would imagine that Carole was probably doing more of the same - just staying out of the drama. 

• Love 7

I was just about to say the same thing. Her blogs post so late each week, I sometimes think they are for the next episode. I think she is waiting to read what the other ladies write before she posts. I will have to give it to Beth - she gets her posted as soon as the episode is over. 

Ramona is so lazy with hers this season. She often only blogs every 3 or so weeks, and when she does blog, she has very little to say. 

Sonja didn't even write one the last 2 weeks! Maybe she is that angry learning that her "defenders", Ramona and Dorinda, bad mouthed her behind her back and that Ramona started most of the conversations about her as well.

I still think something happened between them earlier in the day or the trip that Bravo didn't show us, that started the tension.  Heather was snippy before they left the house.  Kristen said in her blog that they had been running late for everything all vacation long, maybe the prompt people were getting annoyed with the fashionably late people (I don't know for sure who fits in what category-they all seemed to be dressed and ready except for finishing cocktails)?

It makes more sense if Heather and her group thought the others were already inside and were rushing to meet them.  I'd hate to think Heather purposely ignored them.  I think that part was miscommunication or misunderstanding.

I hope parking-lot-gate is not going to take over the show.  It really was petty and not really worth airing.

I think most of us, viewers, thought it was just a misunderstanding and that all was fine since Heather apologized, even though she was not in the wrong, at least IMO, but Dorinda's twitter suggests something else entirely. I really think Dorinda's "newbie mask" has fallen and we are now seeing the real Dorinda and that she is trying to influence viewers because we are to see/hear more nasty behavior from her. She is more like the Countess/Ramona/JillZ than not. JMO

• Love 6
It makes more sense if Heather and her group thought the others were already inside and were rushing to meet them.

This makes me want to whine about something in my life.  I have several groups of friends (I'm OLD!).  When two or three of us are meeting for lunch, I'll get to the place on time or maybe a few minutes early and wait in the lobby or waiting area.  Soon someone from the restaurant is coming to find me.  My friend has already been seated and has her drink and her menu.  I think it's more courteous to wait until we all arrive and then get seated.  Am I old-fashioned?  She's not someone we're willing to complain to.

• Love 3

This makes me want to whine about something in my life.  I have several groups of friends (I'm OLD!).  When two or three of us are meeting for lunch, I'll get to the place on time or maybe a few minutes early and wait in the lobby or waiting area.  Soon someone from the restaurant is coming to find me.  My friend has already been seated and has her drink and her menu.  I think it's more courteous to wait until we all arrive and then get seated.  Am I old-fashioned?  She's not someone we're willing to complain to.

If you were LATE, that would be one thing, but otherwise...Is she a drinker? Maybe she can't wait? :(

• Love 2

I don't think that's old fashioned, per se, and on one hand, I think it makes perfect sense -- what if they put her at a table that you would've asked to be moved from had you been seated together? (e.g., I'm more noise averse than most of my friends because of an inner ear issue; echo-y corners in restaurants are hell for me, and I'll ask to move rather than be miserable). 

But I think it's also important to follow the restaurant's lead -- some places won't seat you until the whole party is there; others would rather get anyone who's arrived to their table than have parts of several parties waiting (clutters up the lobby potentially turning in walk-in business they could accommodate, plus they can get an extra few $$ out of the first glass of whatever you have while waiting). 

Best practice should be to ask the host(ess) "I'm meeting someone here -- do you know if [name or description] has been seated yet?" And then depending on the place, they'll either let you walk through to look for her, or give you a firm answer, and offer to take you to her, seat you if she's not there, or explain that they don't seat until the whole party's arrived. 

• Love 3

Luann is of Algonquin, or more socially correct 'First Nation' father, and French Canadian mother. She married a French entrepreneur and lived in France. Then she had that goofy looking French boyfriend Jacques who wanted children and of course Luann's eggs (if she even has any left) probably resemble fruit loops at this age. As someone who grew up in a French Canadian family and have heard the 'Canuck' French growing up, it sounds more like Canadian French than Parisian French in her accent. Yes, it sounds more rugged and not as fluid as Parisian French.

OMG. Luann's French "accent" is fucking  terrible! I am so surprised each time I hear her speaking the language given her life experiences and travels, etc.because it is so appalling. I am an American but my French accent is really good, even though my vocabulary/grammar skills could use some strengthening. I think part of her problem may be that she's searching for the right words as she speaks, mais, zut alors! She needs to stop trying to show off her so-called skills because they are seriously lacking. The count should have sent her to the local Alliance Francaise for some lecons!

• Love 7

I don't think this applies to this argument/restaurant. Dorinda's car left first and should have been there at the restaurant before Heather's car got there. So when Heather's group got there and no one was waiting outside for them, they proceeded to go into the restaurant instead of holding up the other group. How long was the other group supposed to hang around outside the restaurant before they went in? They weren't coming from different locations separately, 8 women 8 cars 8 homes, they were 2 groups in 2 cars coming from the same place/house and 1 group left before the other group did but got there last. LOL I smell production arranging the first to leave arriving last! LOL

• Love 2
The count should have sent her to the local Alliance Francaise for some lecons!

Maybe he had/has a great sense of humor.  His snooty "countess" putting on airs with very bad French.

• Love 4

For some reason, Dorinda's blogs are not being posted at Bravo until either Monday night or Tuesday morning a week after the episode recently. I suspect Dorinda trying to use viewer reactions to write her blog.  JMO

Or Dorinda is too exhausted from Tweeting during the airing of the episode to write her blog.

• Love 8

I'm referring to the way Heather got up from her seat, walked over to Bethenny and grabbed her hand in an effort to lead her to another room. If someone is telling you to back off and is about to launch into a full blown tirade, you do not lessen the personal space between the two of you, much less force physical contact with them. Heather was either unable to pickup on the very perceptible clues Bethenny was given to back off or decided to ignore these cues entirely and do what she very well pleased.

And Why did Heather think it was her place to "look after" Bethenny?  In hindsight, this may have been the beginning of the Dorinda dis-ilike for Heather.  This was Dorinda's moment to shine and Heather bogarts the limelight so to speak.

It was Dorinda's Party, Dorinda's Birthday and Dorinda's Home...And Dorinda's place to offer an alternative meal to Bethanny or not.  If you look back at that episode, you can see the wheels spinning in Dorinda's mind..."i will get you and your little dog too Heather. You just trampled all over my lacquered rooms, Pucci awesomeness...Back that shit up Bitch!" 

And.  So the death match for most gangsta between Heather and Dorinda in T & C. 

I don't know Heather, Dorinda is one tough Broad...I might (physically) "Back that shit up" if I were you...and this is from someone that actually "likes" Dorinda - Heh ;)

• Love 4

I don't think this applies to this argument/restaurant. Dorinda's car left first and should have been there at the restaurant before Heather's car got there. So when Heather's group got there and no one was waiting outside for them, they proceeded to go into the restaurant instead of holding up the other group. How long was the other group supposed to hang around outside the restaurant before they went in? They weren't coming from different locations separately, 8 women 8 cars 8 homes, they were 2 groups in 2 cars coming from the same place/house and 1 group left before the other group did but got there last. LOL I smell production arranging the first to leave arriving last! LOL

I agree. I find Dorinda's anger about the situation really misplaced. Heather didn't deserve the 'you're a bitch' comment at all. I mean, is it really that serious? Just go into the damn restaurant and sit down.

• Love 14

OMG. Luann's French "accent" is fucking  terrible! I am so surprised each time I hear her speaking the language given her life experiences and travels, etc.because it is so appalling. I am an American but my French accent is really good, even though my vocabulary/grammar skills could use some strengthening. I think part of her problem may be that she's searching for the right words as she speaks, mais, zut alors! She needs to stop trying to show off her so-called skills because they are seriously lacking. The count should have sent her to the local Alliance Francaise for some lecons!

Lu just needs to attend the "Lady Marmalade" School of Francaise, one all purpose phrase is all she needs  - "Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?"

Face it Luann, "The Countess" has left the building.  Hey Girl, it is all good...Let your Freak Flag Fly! ;)  You're way more fun as Lecherous Lu!

• Love 10

And Why did Heather think it was her place to "look after" Bethenny?  In hindsight, this may have been the beginning of the Dorinda dis-ilike for Heather.  This was Dorinda's moment to shine and Heather bogarts the limelight so to speak.

It was Dorinda's Party, Dorinda's Birthday and Dorinda's Home...And Dorinda's place to offer an alternative meal to Bethanny or not.  If you look back at that episode, you can see the wheels spinning in Dorinda's mind..."i will get you and your little dog too Heather. You just trampled all over my lacquered rooms, Pucci awesomeness...Back that shit up Bitch!" 

I don't know Heather, Dorinda is one tough Broad...I might (physically) "Back that shit up" if I were you...and this is from someone that actually "likes" Dorinda - Heh ;)

I was thinking the same thing. Heather was very rude in the Berkshire's dinner, contributing to an uncomfortable environment for all, and she took over like if she was the host, ignoring John and Dorinda's efforts as if they were somehow inadequate, and then was no apology or anything.

• Love 5
(edited)
I've never seen anyone attempt squats in 3-4 inch wedges. Working out is new to her, or Sonja was already drunk and attempting to show off.

At first I thought that you had Ramona and Sonja mixed up. You all might recall the ever graceful Ramona doing a "squat" in high wedges and yellow bikini when opening and closing the sliding glass door.

She adopted the posture that my dogs do right before I have to get ready to pick up ... well, the dogs' doo.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 4

That is the way it looked, but honestly, you wouldn't believe the way she is going on about it on Twitter. 6 months later and she acts like it was the most horrendous slight she has ever suffered and she is beyond angry with Heather about it. Still. To this day. Since not only Heather has explained that it was nothing, but also both Beth and Kristen said it was nothing, I tend to believe it was nothing, but for whatever reason to Dorinda it seemed to be everything. Strange.

The Twitter stuff is nuts. I'm sorry, I can see how Heather could be annoying as she is pretty nosy, but Heather is not a mean person. Heather has also kept it pretty classy in her response to Dorinda's Twitter nonsense. Dorinda has made prior comments about how the ladies talk to Sonja, but maybe she should watch the season where Sonja took advantage of Heather's time and energy only to trash her later on. I have yet to see Dorinda give up her time and energy for anything?

• Love 9

Kelly may come by her loon qualifications honestly, but she didn't really graduate from Columbia.  She essentially slipped in through the back door by going to the School of General Studies, not to Columbia College.  GS is kind of like the community-college branch of the university.  It was set up so that nontraditional students--people working full-time, adults going back to get an education--had someplace to study.  But a GS degree isn't anything like a degree from the college, and neither are the entrance requirements.  She isn't outright lying when she says she went to Columbia, but she isn't telling the whole truth either.

Thank you for this!  I went to Columbia (Law School), so admittedly I might be a bit touchy about this.

It's kind of like when Tyra Banks talked about getting her "diploma" from Harvard.  Technically, yes, she earned a ‘Certificate of Completion’ for a nine-week course in Harvard’s Owner/President Management non-degree extension program, but it's much different than actually getting a Bachelor's or Master's degree there.

And, to weigh in on LuAnn's French accent, while she might not have the perfect accent or she might stumble a bit, I say kudooz (TM Ramona) to her for learning a second language in the first place.

• Love 9

Oh!  I like your theory.

Methinks Dorinda might just be  the one keeping a "scorecard."

bring+it+bitch.gif

• Love 5

Thank you for this! I went to Columbia (Law School), so admittedly I might be a bit touchy about this.

It's kind of like when Tyra Banks talked about getting her "diploma" from Harvard. Technically, yes, she earned a ‘Certificate of Completion’ for a nine-week course in Harvard’s Owner/President Management non-degree extension program, but it's much different than actually getting a Bachelor's or Master's degree there.

And, to weigh in on LuAnn's French accent, while she might not have the perfect accent or she might stumble a bit, I say kudooz (TM Ramona) to her for learning a second language in the first place.

Every time that I hear Tyra say that she graduated from Harvard or the like, I get irked. I'm sure that the ACTUAL graduates are not amused.

☆There is nothing wrong in not graduating from Harvard.☆(sorry about being off topic )

• Love 5

I remember it was Bethy that took the limelight away when John was making an announcement at dinner and Bethy interrupted him then kept talking about only eating shellfish, only shellfish, I eat only shellfish.  John was  welcoming their guests and announcing that they had a special sushi chef.  It seemed that they had gone through a lot of effort and were proud to announce that to their guests.  Bethy interrupted a host making a speech to dinner guests.  It flustered Dorinda who wanted to be a good hostess by accommodating a guest's possible allergy.

I count that as taking the limelight away.

Heather added to it all but Bethy made the first big grab on that limelight.

Bethy did not apologize for her interruption and Heather did not apologize for adding to the fray.  .

They might have done it quietly before leaving the Berkshires, who knows.

Six months later, it seems that Heather and Bethy have made a cordial relationship out of it all and that is cool.

On her twitter it appears Dorinda is not so pleased.

• Love 7

Dorinda is striking me as being Jill-lite. She seems quite concerned in having a fanbase, having support, having a clique and someone having her back. Is she gonna show up in a Team Dorinda T-shirt at the reunion?

I'm totally getting this vibe from her too, especially with all her crazy tweeting. Will she have her notes ready at the the reunion to back her shit up? Wonder if she will hire a PR coach as Jill supposedly did (to no avail) for the season 3 reunion. Speaking of the reunion. My early prediction is : Ramona, Sonja, Lu, Dorinda opposite Bethenny, Carol, Heather, Kristin

• Love 3

Six months later, it seems that Heather and Bethy have made a cordial relationship out of it all and that is cool.

On her twitter it appears Dorinda is not so pleased.

Yes, one of her tweets was to Beth, saying something like, "it looks like you've got another fan", referring to Heather. In another tweet to Heather, she said something like "well now you and Beth are friends; it looks like you got what you wanted".

One other thing to note, lots of her tweets are still there, but she has taken many of them down. The one where she asks her if she would have ever treated Carole that way is no longer there. This is the tweet that got Carole into the mix, as she responded to Dorinda that she would never yell at her friend from a car, #nuts. 

Speaking of Carole, she seems to be alluding to someone sleeping with a married man on Twitter. I wish I could figure out how to post Tweets.  I will assume she is talking about Lu. I think Lu is going to regret going up against Carole in a huge way.

• Love 5

There was something near the end of the episode that bother me a bit.  Bethenny goes into the kitchen and kind of takes it on herself to whip up a meal.  There is just no way to say it isn't anything but a nice gesture and this is twice now Bethenny has kind of hijacked the crew for a meal she has prepared.   I think it is sweet but I also think these women should not be forced to choose between going out to lunch and offending Bethenny and her salad for lunch or missing out on going into town and enjoying a place that was recommended the night before.  Ramona drives me nuts and I think she was sneaky the way she went about it but I would think after three days of meals together and many of the meals being the same  for everyone, the seafood entrees we saw did  look delicious, some of the ladies might be up for ordering off a menu.  Sometimes a turkey sandwich or hamburger just tastes good. We know what drama substitutions can cause this group.

I get Bethenny is very alpha and sometimes it is okay not to be in charge.  When she first met most of these women, she  pretty much insisted they come to her home for brunch, complete with lovely parting gifts, her menu didn't seem all that appetizing. The timing of her brunch pretty much ensured the Ramona second brunch would be a flop.  Now she seems to be trying to decide whether or not to use the yolks of the hard boiled eggs in her salad.  Please do.  She is complaining about the knives, which given this crew it is amazing they have anything sharper than a  butter knife available to the guests.  Bethenny's high octane vibe would just turn be off on vacation.  So the fewer things she organizes the better.  The blow up at Ramona, although I applaud her on one hand, it makes for two in three days.  Maybe Bethenny needs to learn about indoor voices when talking with friends.  Maybe it is the size of the group but these interventions need to stop.  Ramona will never change-as long as someone else is picking up the tab Ramona is going to be there.

I'm totally getting this vibe from her too, especially with all her crazy tweeting. Will she have her notes ready at the the reunion to back her shit up? Wonder if she will hire a PR coach as Jill supposedly did (to no avail) for the season 3 reunion. Speaking of the reunion. My early prediction is : Ramona, Sonja, Lu, Dorinda opposite Bethenny, Carol, Heather, Kristin

It will be the first Reunion without Andy-Bethenny will just run it.  I am thinking Ramona and Bethenny make up. 

• Love 6

Andy isn't hosting?

To be fair to Bethenney, she stated that they all decided last night that she would make lunch and Ramona waltz in with her bright idea after she had already started cooking, yes it seemed like a basic salad but I can see being annoyed given that she had already started preparing the meal.

• Love 14

SOL petit lapin !

Ever had scotch eggs?  Yummy if cooked correctly.

Ooh la la...Je vois que vous parlez français trop

I don't think I've ever had scotch eggs

SOL

It's just really still bothering me how Ramona threw Bethenny under the bus, when SHE said in her TH that Sonja is "self medicating" (herself!). Ramona your shit is preserved on camera, so stop trying to lie. 

I also loved how LuAnn almost sounded like she didn't want to do yoga until she saw the instructor. 

I still think Luanne didn't want to do yoga...but she did want to "do" the yoga instructor

• Love 4
(edited)

I get Bethenny is very alpha and sometimes it is okay not to be in charge.  When she first met most of these women, she  pretty much insisted they come to her home for brunch, complete with lovely parting gifts, her menu didn't seem all that appetizing. The timing of her brunch pretty much ensured the Ramona second brunch would be a flop.  Now she seems to be trying to decide whether or not to use the yolks of the hard boiled eggs in her salad.  Please do.  She is complaining about the knives, which given this crew it is amazing they have anything sharper than a  butter knife available to the guests.  Bethenny's high octane vibe would just turn be off on vacation.

She even dictates the topics of conversation. After she was yelling at Sonja, she came out and decided everyone but her should talk about their best sexual experience. Along with telling Heather to shut up again. It's Beth's world - we all just tolerate it.

Also, mainly from last episode, but since it was replayed this week, I'll comment here re: Beth yelling at Sonja. I have never in my life had a friend, co-worker or enemy scream "shut the fuck up!" inches from my face. If they did, it would be the first time and the last!

Beth also took Sonja by both shoulders and shook her, and then grabbed both of Sonja's hands and held them to keep her from leaving. Again, nope. Not having it. If someone lays hands on me - and make no mistake, it was in anger - shit would be on.

As far as Dorinda getting mad about who walked into the restaurant first or whether they were together or .... ???? If someone did that to me, let alone broke down in tears, I'd be giving them a list of good psychiatrists.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 9

Heather seems like type that could slight you and then have you believing it's your fault or you're overreacting. I kind of soured on her ever since she and Kristin did the belay down the side of the hill. Not to mention tough mudder.

• Love 8

Andy isn't hosting?

To be fair to Bethenney, she stated that they all decided last night that she would make lunch and Ramona waltz in with her bright idea after she had already started cooking, yes it seemed like a basic salad but I can see being annoyed given that she had already started preparing the meal.

I was kidding about Bethenny hosting the Reunion.  I believe Wire Wrap put up a link last week to Andy's Facebook page-he is asking for questions for the Reunion to be filmed later this month.

I doubt they all decided or asked Bethenny to make lunch.  Maybe we will see the discussion. I think Bethenny with her alpha ways wants to control the situation and keeps repeating herself until she gets a consensus.  It is kind of perfect for her, she is in essence directs the show.   I will be interested reading the blogs next week  to see what everyone's recollection is about the unanimous decision.  What personally irks me about Bethenny when she cooks it is really basic food and she comes off as such an expert.  I remember the filets on Scary Island and technically someone else cooked those.  The problem  is if bethenny wins the battle against Ramona and the women have to eat her lunch, she has just made for an incredibly uncomfortable meal but she will be correct about who committed to eating her effing Skinny Girl salad.   A great way to plug her new Skinny Girl salad dressing.  Have we actually gone a couple of episodes without a Skinny Girl plug or did she bring gift bags?

• Love 5

Bethenny said the ladies agreed the day before that she'd prepare lunch for them so I think she had a legitimate reason for being annoyed. She didn't just take it upon herself that afternoon to make a meal for everyone. Knowing what the plan was, it was rude of Ramona to come in as Bethenny was making lunch to suggest a restaurant. If they didn't want to eat in, they should have said so beforehand. Given how outspoken and tacky Ramona is, I'm surprised she didn't nip it in the bud when it first came up. Whether Bethenny offered or was asked, IMO, is not really relevant. The ladies agreed to her meal, even if it was just a salad.

• Love 18
(edited)

I think she was anxious and not able to unwind and cooking for others is a coping skill for her (as it is for many eating disordered people). I believe that it was a bit of a control  thing in a very eating disordered sense.

If I'm on an all-expenses paid trip, I'm going to want to eat out, sorry. Ramona was rude, but come on.

I agree control, control, control.  More control than three layers of Yummie Tummie. 

I think I would be up for travelling with the Gimmepzzauoldtrollians as I too, find nothing fun about having another guest or me cook on vacation.  What if you just really don't like their cooking?  My husband really dislikes his SIL use and abuse of Lemon Pepper.  He thought he had a way out when he discovered Lemon Pepper had MSG and fake an allergy to MSG.  Alas she found some with no MSG.  She use to always volunteer to cook when we had family vacations.  My husband devised a method where he makes the reservations for meals  before we leave.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5

I totally understood what Ramona was saying!  Sometimes I can make my husband feel like an accessory instead of a partner.  I've worked to change that though.  Maybe Dorinda thought the conversation was getting to Heavy?  Whereas Mario would chafe in that relationship, I think (my opinion!) Jonathan from the small amount we've seen of him does ok and usually laughs it off when Heather goes all BossyBetty on him.  Mario always appeared to want to be in the limelight - and boy, he got it!

She did! I laughted when I heard her!

I have to add -- Ramona's boobs have got to be fake/enhanced/whatever!!  OMG - they look like balloons in her bathing suit - so shiny and stretched!  She is in such a "mario, see what youre missing" mode!

"I don't get why people think I have implants, how dare they?"

9f394100-1b3e-11e5-ae0e-591dcf7cc950_ram

• Love 6

Ooh la la...Je vois que vous parlez français trop

I don't think I've ever had scotch eggs

SOL

I still think Luanne didn't want to do yoga...but she did want to "do" the yoga instructor

Ooooohhhh!!  Scotch eggs are so yummy!!!  I didn't think that I would like them but I do!!

• Love 2
(edited)

There was something near the end of the episode that bother me a bit.  Bethenny goes into the kitchen and kind of takes it on herself to whip up a meal.

Don't let it bother you because that's not what happened.   Bethenny mentioned that she offered to make lunch the night before and everyone agreed (including Ramona) who then took it upon herself to change the plan the following day even though she saw Bethenny had already started preparing lunch.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 14

There was something near the end of the episode that bother me a bit.  Bethenny goes into the kitchen and kind of takes it on herself to whip up a meal.  There is just no way to say it isn't anything but a nice gesture and this is twice now Bethenny has kind of hijacked the crew for a meal she has prepared.   I think it is sweet but I also think these women should not be forced to choose between going out to lunch and offending Bethenny and her salad for lunch or missing out on going into town and enjoying a place that was recommended the night before.  Ramona drives me nuts and I think she was sneaky the way she went about it but I would think after three days of meals together and many of the meals being the same  for everyone, the seafood entrees we saw did  look delicious, some of the ladies might be up for ordering off a menu.  Sometimes a turkey sandwich or hamburger just tastes good. We know what drama substitutions can cause this group.

I think it was more about wanting to leave the house than anything having to do with what they wanted to eat, though.  At dinner, they were all talking about how much food they were eating on this trip, and they were eating something the entire episode.  It looked like the restaurant was wanting to show off by bringing them a huge portion of the menu.  In the first breakfast of the episode, they had eggs cooked whatever way they wanted them, a bunch of fruit options, bacon, cereal, green juice, salads, toast, orange juice, and some kind of pastry that I didn't get that good of a look at.  They go out to a restaurant at least once next episode.  If any of the women were to complain about wanting a hamburger, I'd think they were totally ridiculous, especially since they could have easily told the chef at the place they are staying without causing any friction.  The chef even cooked something for them before they went out to the restaurant the night before.  They're also not leaving immediately after they eat Bethenny's lunch.  A less ridiculous person also could have ate a polite amount of her salad and went to the restaurant later.

Ramona was really insulting about the way she was talking about how Bethenny was cooking "just a salad."  Ramona is usually more than happy to beg everyone else to cook for her.  Bethenny had corn on the cob cooking and a lot of things already cut, which means that she had already put effort into making it.  It isn't like she just washed some lettuce.

The egg yolks in the salad is the one food that I actually wasn't envious about on this vacation.  Gross.

• Love 6

As crazy as I often find Ramona to be, her summation of what she wanted in a relationship, and what she believes most people want a relationship FOR really hit home. I nearly cried with her. What she said seemed so true and heartfelt. I do feel sympathy for her dealing with the loss of her marriage. It can be so painful in so many ways.

• Love 12

Did anyone else find it odd that Heather was asking for marriage advice from Ramona?  She was talking about how she and Jonathan fight over the same things all the time.  Is there another RH divorce looming?

I don't think I'd ask for marriage advice from any of these ladies. What helpful advice could they offer?  BJs make your azzhat husband less intolerable?

• Love 3

I was thinking the same thing. Heather was very rude in the Berkshire's dinner, contributing to an uncomfortable environment for all, and she took over like if she was the host, ignoring John and Dorinda's efforts as if they were somehow inadequate, and then was no apology or anything.

Also, when Heather arrived at Dorinda's house with the other girls one of the girls asked if they should knock and Heather said.....no, just go right in.....like it was her friggin house!!!  I remember thinking the nerve of her!! She was doing crap like that the entire time she was there.  

• Love 8

Also, when Heather arrived at Dorinda's house with the other girls one of the girls asked if they should knock and Heather said.....no, just go right in.....like it was her friggin house!!!  I remember thinking the nerve of her!! She was doing crap like that the entire time she was there.

That happens all the time when HWs invite people to their house for a party on any of these shows

• Love 9

That happens all the time when HWs invite people to their house for a party on any of these shows

I agree. I think what we're missing is the sausage making. Each of the wives has a line producer. The arriving wife has a camera on her to film her arrival. She knows there is a camera in the house to capture the other side of the arrival. They've probably both been coached to keep the doors unlocked when someone is coming over and to not ring the bell. I see people just barging in out each others houses all over reality TV that I'm not going to hold it against any one wife. This is just one of those weird artifacts of the genre. If you make a point to watch for it, you'll see it happening all of the time.

• Love 8

I think because Dorinda and Heather had grown so close. Heather said she was at Dorinda's house all summer long. She probably feels very comfortable in her home. Sometimes friends do that. My good friends just come on in when they know I am expecting them because that is the way we roll.  I didn't hear Dorinda complain, and she would have. 

• Love 4

My favorite scene in this episode was The Noodle getting dunked with water.

It would have been more perfect if after the water was poured, the other ladies sent javelin floaty noodles at her.

There's been some debate as to what has The Noodle done to her boobs (I don't really care) but this might explain why her clothes of late do not fit her properly. Her clothes may be what she had in her closet pre-whatever she did to her boobs. I've never had any procedure done to my boobs, but from experience..my tops do not fit the same with weight gain, weight loss, Auntie Flo.

As awful as my Twitchy Turtle has been to the other HW's - she still cracks me up. They all crack me up except for O face.

• Love 2
(edited)

So who drank the Ketel One? Any theories?

Could Sonja have drank it all -- and then conveniently forgot?

Or was it Carole, who drank it with her hooch? Man, Carole looks permanently stoned on this trip.

It was totally Sonja. No doubt. And if I were Carole and on an island with these bitches, I'd be stoned 24/7 too.

ETA: is it possible to take the discussion of the Berkshires dinner to that episode thread? Pretty please?

Edited by beaker73
  • Love 7
(edited)

So when Sonja approaches Dorinda's bedroom, you can hear Dorinda muttering something like, "Am I missing that much make-up already?" I wonder what that was about.

When Ramona is telling Sonja that Beth thinks Sonja is an alcoholic, Beth walks up and clarifies that Ramona said that she has the same concerns. Sonja says something like, "And that's another thing--my friends don't support me when I'm not around." I think Beth says something like, "Are you kidding? Ramona is one of your most loyal friends." I was surprised and impressed that Beth defended Ramona despite learning that R had just tried to throw B under the bus.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 6