Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Luann was the MVP of this episode.  1) for scrambled eggs a la Frahn-zay, and 2) basically putting the deuces up to the yoga instructor, during the damn lesson, just so she can run upstairs and be nosy.

• Love 4
(edited)

cast ranked by net worth. Luann is at the bottom of the pile when it comes to net worth.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/76296-the-real-housewives-of-new-york-cast-ranked-by-net-worth-because-money-cant-buy-you

This keeps coming up, but Carole has nowhere near the level of wealth that is reported on the web and she's said as much. And Sonja has no money because she has sizeable debts and is in the midst of a bankruptcy.

As to their educations, Carole had a bachelors and an MBA. Heather has a bachelors from SUNY Plattsburgh. Sonja says she has a bachelors from FIT. Ramona went to FIT, but I don't know if she has a degree. And Bethenny went to NYU, but not sure if she has a degree. Ironically the two housewives we know have degrees are the two biggest loons. Kelly graduated from Columbia and Aviva has a bachelors, masters, and a law degree.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4

Ironically the two housewives we know have degrees are the two biggest loons. Kelly graduated from Columbia and Aviva has a bachelors, masters, and a law degree.

Kelly may come by her loon qualifications honestly, but she didn't really graduate from Columbia.  She essentially slipped in through the back door by going to the School of General Studies, not to Columbia College.  GS is kind of like the community-college branch of the university.  It was set up so that nontraditional students--people working full-time, adults going back to get an education--had someplace to study.  But a GS degree isn't anything like a degree from the college, and neither are the entrance requirements.  She isn't outright lying when she says she went to Columbia, but she isn't telling the whole truth either.

Aviva's a loon, too, but she isn't stupid.

• Love 6
(edited)

An excuse to walk down to the beach and find out what's going on.

What was Heather's excuse for popping up out of nowhere? 

Or Beth's?

she paddled right up to Ramona and Sonja trying to find out what these 2 loons were talking about.

It's what they do.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4

I never found Dorinda to be nice. She always exhibited this condescending "you better step back from that" persona not because she does not stand for foolishness but, rather, that her inflated ego and cultural narcissism precludes any notion that she may err and/or be held to account.

• Love 8

Those uncharacteristically disproportionate responses from Sonja and Dorinda are undoubtedly fueled by behind-the-scenes producer instigation. Perhaps most of her insightful talking heads had not yet been filmed, so Dorinda was under pressure to bring some outrageous element of drama?

I really hate all this artificial producer intervention. Don't these people understand their viewers are savvy enough to pick up on it?

Heather never picks up on cues and signals. That is precisely why she accosted Bethenny at the dinner table in the Berkshires despite being told in no uncertain terms that B no longer wanted to engage her.

Sonja may consider herself Lady of the manor, but in what world does she hold a superior education to Bethenny? Didn't she do 2 years at some fashion trade school and get an associates degree or something?

As others have stated Sonja went to FIT.  Did she graduate?  I don't know but I do know that FIT isn't a 'trade' school.  It's part of the State University of New York and depending on the program you're trying to get into, it can be very difficult to get into and complete.  Ro also went to FIT.  It was originally a two year college but at some point offered a four year degree.  I don't know exactly when that happened and I don't know when Ro or Sonja attended.  In any event, it is the best place to go to get into the fashion world.  Both Ro and Sonja seemed to have majored in Buying and Merchandising which is the easiest program to get into.

As for Kelly, she went to the New School at Columbia.  Very different from going to 'Columbia University'.  Beth went to NYU.  Did she get a degree?  I don't know.

What cues was Heather supposed to pick up on?  Beth never said anything to Heather at Carole's party.  She only talked about being offended in her talking heads after the fact.  We don't even know who started that conversation and Beth certainly didn't shut it down.   I think stating that Heather 'accosted' Beth at Dorinda's birthday party is an overstatement.  She offered her meatballs.  She didn't throw them at her.  If anything, Beth overreacted in that situation.  Sure, Heather should have stopped after she offered meatballs but no one accosted Beth. 

• Love 2

What cues was Heather supposed to pick up on?  Beth never said anything to Heather at Carole's party.  She only talked about being offended in her talking heads after the fact.  We don't even know who started that conversation and Beth certainly didn't shut it down.   I think stating that Heather 'accosted' Beth at Dorinda's birthday party is an overstatement.  She offered her meatballs.  She didn't throw them at her.  If anything, Beth overreacted in that situation.  Sure, Heather should have stopped after she offered meatballs but no one accosted Beth. 

I'm referring to the way Heather got up from her seat, walked over to Bethenny and grabbed her hand in an effort to lead her to another room. If someone is telling you to back off and is about to launch into a full blown tirade, you do not lessen the personal space between the two of you, much less force physical contact with them. Heather was either unable to pickup on the very perceptible clues Bethenny was given to back off or decided to ignore these cues entirely and do what she very well pleased.

• Love 7

I'm referring to the way Heather got up from her seat, walked over to Bethenny and grabbed her hand in an effort to lead her to another room. If someone is telling you to back off and is about to launch into a full blown tirade, you do not lessen the personal space between the two of you, much less force physical contact with them. Heather was either unable to pickup on the very perceptible clues Bethenny was given to back off or decided to ignore these cues entirely and do what she very well pleased.

Sorry, but Heather never 'grabbed' her hand.  Not going back into this because we've discussed it ad nauseum.   And she never 'forced' physical contact.  All she was trying to do was resolve the situation.  She went to take Beth's hand.  That's what I saw and I even posted a link to the video. 

If anything, Beth was the one who was at the very least, erratic.  She proved that later on with her meltdown at Lu's photo shoot. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Sorry, but Heather never 'grabbed' her hand. Not going back into this because we've discussed it ad nauseum. And she never 'forced' physical contact. All she was trying to do was resolve the situation. She went to take Beth's hand. That's what I saw and I even posted a link to the video.

If anything, Beth was the one who was at the very least, erratic. She proved that later on with her meltdown at Lu's photo shoot.

Sucked into the apophasis...

I don't want to rehash it either, but just like Heather I can't seem to walk away. I have seen the event in question many times and Heather grabbed Bethenny. That is forcing physical contact in my book.

If Bethenny was acting erratic, Heather should have backed off. Its not advisable to encroach on someone's personal space when you see they are becoming physically agitated, but that is exactly what Heather did.

Bethenny told her to back off, verbatim. She even says "Get off me," before Heather touches her. The same words are echoed by the others at the table. Bethenny says she wants the walls up. She raises her hands and makes a pushing motion in Heather's direction.

Either Heather was unable to process the body language and social cues or decided to ignore them completely. I'm inclined to believe it was the latter because Bethenny as well as the other women clearly verbalize that Heather needed to step away.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 6

According to Forbes, Bethenny has a BA from NYU in Communications and Psychology.

Http://www.forbes.com/profile/Bethenny-frankel/

She also graduated from the Natural Gourmet Institute which specializes in healthy choice recipes.

I hope that link works. My iPad wouldn't let me copy and paste the link and when I typed it in manually, the keyboard kept disappearing on me. That's probably a sign that I should shut it down and get some sleep.

• Love 1

So who drank the Ketel One?  Any theories?

Could Sonja have drank it all -- and then conveniently forgot?

Or was it Carole, who drank it with her hooch?  Man, Carole looks permanently stoned on this trip.

• Love 4

I felt like Luann was simply trying to joke with her "eggs a la Francais".  Also, she was just trying to get some solid food into Sonja before she started getting liquored up.

As to the great Dorinda/Heather battle, I would say that the stress of being on a trip with these women is really wearing on Dorinda.  Between the booze, the sun, the drama, the fights, the secret (and not so secret) communications, I would be exhausted.  I also wonder if they had a much longer wait for dinner than she planned and she was crashing.  She misheard Heather and decided to take great umbrage.  All in all, a supremely silly argument. 

• Love 1

Sucked into the apophasis...

I don't want to rehash it either, but just like Heather I can't seem to walk away. I have seen the event in question many times and Heather grabbed Bethenny. That is forcing physical contact in my book.

If Bethenny was acting erratic, Heather should have backed off. Its not advisable to encroach on someone's personal space when you see they are becoming physically agitated, but that is exactly what Heather did.

Bethenny told her to back off, verbatim. She even says "Get off me," before Heather touches her. The same words are echoed by the others at the table. Bethenny says she wants the walls up. She raises her hands and makes a pushing motion in Heather's direction.

Either Heather was unable to process the body language and social cues or decided to ignore them completely. I'm inclined to believe it was the latter because Bethenny as well as the other women clearly verbalize that Heather needed to step away.

And yet, Heather did back away when Beth asked her too. She didn't force the contact or force Beth to go outside wit her. She looked humiliated, but went over to her side of the table. Who was the one who wouldn't say "no" to contact? it was Beth. It was Beth who walked over to Heather - when she said "no" twice - and said that she wanted to hug her. Heather could have pushed her a way and made her look stupid after getting up and walking around the table, but she gave that to Beth. 

• Love 4

I laughed at Sonja's snide comment they all left her a mess to clean up - as usual. First of all, we know they have some sort of staff. Second, I doubt she does much cleaning after she's carried home blacked out, and third, we all know her poor "interns" probably do all the dirty work in her home.

• Love 11

However, if I ever did vacation with her, we would have to have separate bedrooms or hotel rooms - I really don't prefer to have a parade of pirates, Premier's friends, Italian boytoys, etc., wandering into my space at night!    ;-)

Oh, that's a given LOL!

• Love 3

An excuse to walk down to the beach and find out what's going on.

What was Heather's excuse for popping up out of nowhere? 

Bethenny was on a paddle board which happenned to be in the vicinity of the beach where Sonja & Ramona were talking...which happenned to be where the water equipment was nearby stored.

All of the other ladies were on a banana boat which happenned to be whizzing by and when they finished their ride they all dragged the banana boat to where the other water equipment was cause they're polite like that.

Luanne happenned to see the Scottish chef coming out with plates of eggs and grabbed them out of his hands to get her camera time.

Heather just happenned to be backtracking thru the sand cause her hair clip fell out and she was looking for it and she wanted her camera time.

This is the real reason for Dorinda's antagonism. While on the banana boat, Heather said everybody hang on to the person in front of you like we're a big ole banana sammich. The mentioning of "big ole" and "sammich" are a trigger for crazy in Dorinda. She was out of camera shot.

Kristen also out of camera shot was just standing there making her O face

Carole was passed out stoned behind a sand dune

• Love 7

As to the great Dorinda/Heather battle, I would say that the stress of being on a trip with these women is really wearing on Dorinda.  Between the booze, the sun, the drama, the fights, the secret (and not so secret) communications, I would be exhausted.  I also wonder if they had a much longer wait for dinner than she planned and she was crashing.  She misheard Heather and decided to take great umbrage.  All in all, a supremely silly argument.

I would agree if she wasn't currently all over twitter for weeks now bashing Heather over the smallest things.  Some bad blood there, and nothing we've seen yet seems to justify it.  Dorinda trying to be relevant to the storyline, perhaps?  

Love Luann, so it concerns me that she too has a beef with Heather.  I'm thinking that stems from 

Heather's slut shaming of Luann from later in the vacation, when Luann brings some stranger back to the house.  Hello, everyone knows that vacation sex doesn't count.  Lighten up, Heather

• Love 2

I cannot imagine that Josh was overly thrilled to hear his wife say that about him!!  Wonder if he guilted her into another one after he watched the show last night?  

She did say last year that giving him a b.j. was a good way to get new jewelry (or something to that effect).  

Just trashy to throw your sex life out there for the world to hear, imo.

Mystery solved...now we know why Kristen makes constant O face

• Love 12

Bethenny was on a paddle board which happenned to be in the vicinity of the beach where Sonja & Ramona were talking...which happenned to be where the water equipment was nearby stored.

All of the other ladies were on a banana boat which happenned to be whizzing by and when they finished their ride they all dragged the banana boat to where the other water equipment was cause they're polite like that.

Luanne happenned to see the Scottish chef coming out with plates of eggs and grabbed them out of his hands to get her camera time.

Heather just happenned to be backtracking thru the sand cause her hair clip fell out and she was looking for it and she wanted her camera time.

This is the real reason for Dorinda's antagonism. While on the banana boat, Heather said everybody hang on to the person in front of you like we're a big ole banana sammich. The mentioning of "big ole" and "sammich" are a trigger for crazy in Dorinda. She was out of camera shot.

Kristen also out of camera shot was just standing there making her O face

Carole was passed out stoned behind a sand dune

Two SOL's for that!  lol

I do disagree about Lu though. 

I believe Lu reached out to grab the chef, not the eggs, he dropped the plate, twirled, did a dive into the dunes, she dived after him, he rolled sideways coming to a stand then took off down the beach to Bethy's paddleboard.   He started paddling like his life and various body parts depended on it.  Lu picked up the eggs, dusted them off and was heard muttering  "c'est la vie, there are more chefs in the sea"  and thinking, hey, that might be my new hit song!

Mystery solved...now we know why Kristen makes constant O face

LOL SOL LOL

And why she never gets diamonds.

• Love 7

Or Beth's?

she paddled right up to Ramona and Sonja trying to find out what these 2 loons were talking about.

It's what they do.

Yep.

Same as the yoga lesson when Lu, Bethy and Carole left and went to listen outside the bedroom door.

It is the critters flocking to the call of the wild.

• Love 5

Two SOL's for that!  lol

I do disagree about Lu though. 

I believe Lu reached out to grab the chef, not the eggs, he dropped the plate, twirled, did a dive into the dunes, she dived after him, he rolled sideways coming to a stand then took off down the beach to Bethy's paddleboard.   He started paddling like his life and various body parts depended on it.  Lu picked up the eggs, dusted them off and was heard muttering  "c'est la vie, there are more chefs in the sea"  and thinking, hey, that might be my new hit song!

LOL SOL LOL

And why she never gets diamonds.

SOL (eil) - I can throw in some French too!

So Luanne went for the Scottishman's eggs?

• Love 1

SOL (eil) - I can throw in some French too!

So Luanne went for the Scottishman's eggs?

SOL petit lapin !

Ever had scotch eggs?  Yummy if cooked correctly.

• Love 2

I liked seeing Bethy and Heather coming to an understanding of each for the other.  It makes for nice viewing.  I like that they both are able to accept that they are not lovey dovey friends but comfortable with each other as they are, not as they wish the other to be.  It may change, who knows, but for now, I like the atmosphere.

Bethy may play her feelings close to the vest and she certainly has had her walls up and Heather may be clumsy in not reading cues well .  It was a recipe for disaster.  How the heck is one supposed to read someone with walls up, how does one see cues, signals when the other is so guarded.  I am hoping they move forward with Bethy being able to tell Heather how she feels and not relying on Heather having to read her.  It would be exhausting to have to be on constant alert to another's feelings with little help until the person explodes in frustration.

It reminds me of the person who, when deep in anger/frustration/hurt, is asked by someone they do not know well if everything is OK with them and responds 'I'm fine' then gets even more ticked off because the other person doesn't know that "I'm fine" means "I am not fine." 

If one knows another person well enough, they are able to read cues.  Not so for a relatively new acquaintance.  Even harder when one is very guarded.

I like the new relationship B & H have.  It seems like an I annoy you, you annoy me, now let's go and get some lunch, bish.

• Love 10

It's just really still bothering me how Ramona threw Bethenny under the bus, when SHE said in her TH that Sonja is "self medicating" (herself!). Ramona your shit is preserved on camera, so stop trying to lie. 

I also loved how LuAnn almost sounded like she didn't want to do yoga until she saw the instructor. 

• Love 13
So who drank the Ketel One?  Any theories?

Oh, I'm totally banking on Sonja. Either she truly forgot (much like an ex of mine who yelled at me and accused me of pouring all his whiskey down the sink, because he really didn't believe he drank that much - and I don't drink whiskey)....or she was posturing for the camera. Trying to prove her point that ALL of them party and drink too much. 

• Love 11

I went to the mall the other day and was a bit early.  I got there before the stores opened so I was walking through the mall and just window shopping.  I came across this one window with some really cute outfits and really cute romper shorts.  I thought to myself I have to come back when they open.  I looked up to see what store it was............................Forever 21!!!!!   LOL!!  I didn't go back.  I still like the romper though.  :)

This episode was one of the best episodes ever.  I laughed my ass off so many times.  Lu with her eggs ala francaise, the boat trip, the $100 if anyone talked about Sonja and some of them actually paid!!!  That was funny! 

• Love 8

I was annoyed as hell with Dorinda in this episode. She was as much the shit stirrer as Ramona. I've yet to see her actually step in to protect Sonja when she's being "attacked". She does not look good in the previews for next week's episode. And her twitter rants are out of control tonight.

I think Dorinda is awful for what she said to Sonja, she stirred the pot too IMO.  And the woman has this boozy, cigarette sounding voice, I wonder how much she drinks.

I can't stand Sonja because she's a person who's like, "it's okay that I drink and black out, I can always rely on my friends to take me home."  Sonja, if you're drinking so much you're blacking out, maybe, just maybe you shouldn't drink.  If I ate a plate of cherries and passed out, I wouldn't eat anymore cherries.

• Love 10

Or was it Carole, who drank it with her hooch?  Man, Carole looks permanently stoned on this trip.

I think the Scottish chef drank it -  in order to get through the night having to listen to these harpies!!  

And, if there was any left over, the Yoga instructor drank the remainder after that yoga class......

• Love 13

I feel so lost.  I have no idea what could have happened between them to cause Dorinda to go after Heather like this.  The exchange we saw last night just does not seem like a big enough deal for there to be this much hostility.

I thought the same thing. Dorinda just isn't the high-strung type that would start the water-works flowing for something that appeared to be so menial. I think the director has manipulated the scene once again to bring more drama than it really was. Dorinda doesn't cry or get upset over something that to our eyes seemed insignificant.

• Love 2
I thought the same thing. Dorinda just isn't the high-strung type that would start the water-works flowing for something that appeared to be so menial. I think the director has manipulated the scene once again to bring more drama than it really was. Dorinda doesn't cry or get upset over something that to our eyes seemed insignificant.

I did find it out of character for her. She has previously seemed very chill and laid back. When Bethenny and Heather were going at it during her dinner, she was just all, "Meh, get it out of your systems and move on". John bumping and grinding with her friends? Again, meh....unless you try and make it look all one-sided. So yea, someone walks ahead of you into a restaurant (which I'll admit, I hate) and you flip your shit? I really just figured she was emotionally spent after all the drama back at the house, had been trying to hold it together, but just lost it over something insignificant. But the fact that that's not really the tack she is taking now makes me wonder if it's the "chill, laid back" Dorinda that's out of character. 

• Love 8

That is the way it looked, but honestly, you wouldn't believe the way she is going on about it on Twitter. 6 months later and she acts like it was the most horrendous slight she has ever suffered and she is beyond angry with Heather about it. Still. To this day. Since not only Heather has explained that it was nothing, but also both Beth and Kristen said it was nothing, I tend to believe it was nothing, but for whatever reason to Dorinda it seemed to be everything. Strange. 

• Love 13
(edited)

It's just really still bothering me how Ramona threw Bethenny under the bus, when SHE said in her TH that Sonja is "self medicating" (herself!). Ramona your shit is preserved on camera, so stop trying to lie.

I also loved how LuAnn almost sounded like she didn't want to do yoga until she saw the instructor.

Ramona's behavior really bothers me too. I wish Beth would have really called her on it... (Shrugs).

If you read Kristen's blog she is also really frustrated with Ramona's behavior and that Ramona keeps getting away with it.

I completely understand her frustration. I can't imagine being around Ramona. Imo the other women let stuff slide with Ramona because they know her and see her as a needed loon on the show. At the end of the day to them, it's just a job/show. I have a feeling they don't take it too seriously.

After filming is done for the season, I doubt they see Ramona much :)

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8
(edited)

I did find it out of character for her. She has previously seemed very chill and laid back. When Bethenny and Heather were going at it during her dinner, she was just all, "Meh, get it out of your systems and move on". John bumping and grinding with her friends? Again, meh....unless you try and make it look all one-sided. So yea, someone walks ahead of you into a restaurant (which I'll admit, I hate) and you flip your shit? I really just figured she was emotionally spent after all the drama back at the house, had been trying to hold it together, but just lost it over something insignificant. But the fact that that's not really the tack she is taking now makes me wonder if it's the "chill, laid back" Dorinda that's out of character. 

It's funny, because in retrospect, she really isn't so chill, I had just forgotten because she has had so many wonderful scenes. If you think back to how she jumped John's shit for just taking a phone call at lunch, the girl can get real pissed very quickly. Same thing with the way she reacted at another dinner scene with him a few episodes later (when he brought up her daughter).  She did her whole "you better back that shit up" deal on him. 

It's always interesting to me what Bravo decides to include in footage. Generally, it seems insignificant, but they are showing it because it will turn out to be an important clue later on.  On both of the occasions I mentioned above, I went away from the scenes thinking that it was interesting that in dining scenes that probably last for a couple of hours, they pretty much only showed Dorinda being angry with John. Why not show them being loving with each other? Other times we have seen them together, she is explaining to others why she loves him and how important he is to her, but we haven't seen that much when it is just the two of them. Looking back, I think they included her jumping on John as an indication of a part of her personality we would see more of later. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 11

THIS!  Her reactions over Twitter, and honestly her reaction on the show as well, is so disproportionate to what happened.  It makes me believe that what we've seen of her so far has mostly been an act.  Could be wrong of course and maybe she just has a hair trigger temper when it comes to certain things (she certainly does when it comes to her daughter) and this perceived slight by Heather is one of them.  

• Love 7
(edited)

Just curious....if there's anyone on this board who is fluent in French, does Luann pull it off?  She sounds clunky to me talking to the French Canadians, but I really have no clue.

Luann is of Algonquin, or more socially correct 'First Nation' father, and French Canadian mother. She married a French entrepreneur and lived in France. Then she had that goofy looking French boyfriend Jacques who wanted children and of course Luann's eggs (if she even has any left) probably resemble fruit loops at this age. As someone who grew up in a French Canadian family and have heard the 'Canuck' French growing up, it sounds more like Canadian French than Parisian French in her accent. Yes, it sounds more rugged and not as fluid as Parisian French.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 8
Ramona's behavior really bothers me too. I wish Beth would have really called her on it... (Shrugs).

Well, she kind of did. She stated several times that Ramona had said the same things about Sonja, but maybe it was lost in the hysteria of those two loons yelling.

It's funny, because in retrospect, she really isn't so chill, I had just forgotten because she has had so many wonderful scenes. If you think back to how she jumped John's shit for just taking a phone call at lunch, the girl can get real pissed very quickly. Same thing with the way she reacted at another dinner scene with him a few episodes later (when he brought up her daughter).  She did her whole "you better back that shit up" deal on him.

Yes, I do remember those, but I guess I just always thought that was different, because it was her SO. Who can push your buttons better than the one you come home to at the end of the day? But yea, when you put it all together, it does seem like she's a bit of a harsh character and not so "cool" as she appeared. 

• Love 7
(edited)

That is the way it looked, but honestly, you wouldn't believe the way she is going on about it on Twitter. 6 months later and she acts like it was the most horrendous slight she has ever suffered and she is beyond angry with Heather about it. Still. To this day. Since not only Heather has explained that it was nothing, but also both Beth and Kristen said it was nothing, I tend to believe it was nothing, but for whatever reason to Dorinda it seemed to be everything. Strange. 

Yes.  For as much as they ostensibly hate Heather, even Dorinda's BFFS - Ramona, Lu, Sonja -- haven't come forward to say that Heather was in the wrong in that scenario.  Or have they?  I admit I don't really follow Twitter so I guess it's possible one of them tweeted some support for Dorinda. 

But, from what I've seen, no, nobody is "backing" Dorinda in that weird, out-of-context Drama Queen moment. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 2

I would agree if she wasn't currently all over twitter for weeks now bashing Heather over the smallest things.  Some bad blood there, and nothing we've seen yet seems to justify it.  Dorinda trying to be relevant to the storyline, perhaps?  

Love Luann, so it concerns me that she too has a beef with Heather.  I'm thinking that stems from 

Heather's slut shaming of Luann from later in the vacation, when Luann brings some stranger back to the house.  Hello, everyone knows that vacation sex doesn't count.  Lighten up, Heather

So, I'm going to respond to the spoiler speculation in the First Look thread because I think that may be the more appropriate place to talk about it? I dunno. But I'll go there with my response. :)

THIS!  Her reactions over Twitter, and honestly her reaction on the show as well, is so disproportionate to what happened.  It makes me believe that what we've seen of her so far has mostly been an act.  Could be wrong of course and maybe she just has a hair trigger temper when it comes to certain things (she certainly does when it comes to her daughter) and this perceived slight by Heather is one of them.

I don't think that Dorinda is all that laid back. As motorcitymom pointed out, Dorinda can take it to an aggressive place very quickly. We saw it with John. I don't believe that she's only that way with John. Certainly her behavior on Twitter illustrates to me that she can be a dog with a bone over the smallest of issues. I mean, Dorinda says about herself that she wouldn't take this or that (when she was telling Ramona about how she went off on Kristen), and she acts out how she would behave if she were in a situation like where Ramona came after Kristen. So, ya know, when someone tells you about herself, believe her.

• Love 9

I think the Scottish chef drank it -  in order to get through the night having to listen to these harpies!!  

And, if there was any left over, the Yoga instructor drank the remainder after that yoga class......

And I would not fault them for that!  LOL! 

Agreed, especially the last sentence.  While Dorinda's has got a good edit in some respects, she's really shown her true colors since the very beginning of the season in how she treats John.  I mean, I get it--he's NO angel.  But she's been outright aggressive and hostile towards him on more than one occasion.  You just don't treat people that you supposedly love and adore like that. 

Plus?  I mean....her daughter? I doubt she became an entitled, annoying little asshole all on her own. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Yes. For as much as they ostensibly hate Heather, even Dorinda's BFFS - Ramona, Lu, Sonja -- haven't come forward to say that Heather was in the wrong in that scenario. Or have they? I admit I don't really follow Twitter so I guess it's possible one of them tweeted some support for Dorinda.

But, from what I've seen, no, nobody is "backing" Dorinda in that weird, out-of-context Drama Queen moment.

Well Lu is sort of defending Dorinda in her blog. Saying Dorinda's reaction was out of character. The problem with Lu's defense is that really makes no sense. She claims Heather yelled at Dorinda for not waiting... Huh?? I don't really understand this fight but I'm watching :) Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

You know, after watching that Lifetime show "Unreal" I wonder how much of the women's reactions have to do with producer manipulation?  I wonder does each "housewife" have their own producer, who would basically say or do anything to get good TV.  Maybe one of them told Dorinda that she's boring, that no one gives a shit about her dead husband, or maybe the producer told Dorinda that they heard Heather say something bad about her.  Dorinda's new to the reality TV game so maybe she doesn't get it yet.

• Love 3

People talk about Kristin being in the background, but I have trouble remembering that Carole is on this trip.  I remember her on the boat because she's the one trying to distract Ramona so they could dump the water on her.  Otherwise, she's been wallpaper. 

• Love 5

You know, after watching that Lifetime show "Unreal" I wonder how much of the women's reactions have to do with producer manipulation?  I wonder does each "housewife" have their own producer, who would basically say or do anything to get good TV.  Maybe one of them told Dorinda that she's boring, that no one gives a shit about her dead husband, or maybe the producer told Dorinda that they heard Heather say something bad about her.  Dorinda's new to the reality TV game so maybe she doesn't get it yet.

Yes, each HW has their own "line producer" and I do believe they repeat gossip to fire the women up, BUT, IMO, that is not what happened with Dorinda/Heather at the restaurant. We have seen snippets of Dorinda's anger over nothing before and this is just another example IMO. I think Dorinda has gotten "comfortable" with the cameras and is finally allowing her "real" self to come through unguarded at this point in filming. The fact that she is going BSC on twitter about this is proof to me that the Dorinda in the first half of the season was/is not the real Dorinda and that this very judgmental person with a hair trigger is the real Dorinda Melody and she is showing she has more sharp/sour notes than not IMO.

• Love 6

Agreed.  As Dorinda and Ramona are leaving the house, Heather says "Let someone else wait in the car" under her breath with attitude. When they got to the parking lot and Heather was trying to win the race to the front door, she doesn't acknowledge Dorinda asking if they're going to wait (even though she claims she did);  Kristen even asks if Heather is mad at them, and Ramona even asks if they're being ignored. 

When they finally did catch up, Heather asks why Dorinda is fighting with her, Dorinda said she's not trying to fight, she just wanted them to wait.  Did Heather really not hear them, or was she trying to beat them to the restaurant in a made-up competition inside her head?

i think there were pre-existing tensions from earlier in the day, made worse by exhaustion and alcohol.

• Love 4

Agreed.  As Dorinda and Ramona are leaving the house, Heather says "Let someone else wait in the car" under her breath with attitude. When they got to the parking lot and Heather was trying to win the race to the front door, she doesn't acknowledge Dorinda asking if they're going to wait (even though she claims she did);  Kristen even asks if Heather is mad at them, and Ramona even asks if they're being ignored. 

When they finally did catch up, Heather asks why Dorinda is fighting with her, Dorinda said she's not trying to fight, she just wanted them to wait.  Did Heather really not hear them, or was she trying to beat them to the restaurant in a made-up competition inside her head?

i think there were pre-existing tensions from earlier in the day, made worse by exhaustion and alcohol.

Dorinda's car left before the 1 that Heather went to the restaurant in, she was not trying to beat anyone into the restaurant, the entire group with Heather thought the others were already inside. Even Bethenny sided with Heather in her blog about Dorinda's anger coming out of left field. As soon as Heather realized that Dorinda was calling her, she stopped and went back towards Dorinda and Dorinda continued to berate Heather but said NOTHING to LuAnn, Bethenny or Ramona about them not waiting for her/them. Heather was the only 1 from her group that walked back towards the other group, Bethenny stopped but stayed put and Ramona/LuAnn kept walking. Dorinda's anger at Heather was petty, ridiculous and uncalled for IMO.

• Love 16

I find it interesting that Dorinda hasn't posted a blog yet.  Perhaps she was waiting to see what the reaction from the fans was beforehand and now she's realizing that not everyone is rushing to her side?  I've read most of her tweets from the other night and even responded to a couple of them myself.  While there are a number of people that are on her side, there are also a number that are not.  Could be she's not getting the reaction she thought she would.

• Love 4

I find it interesting that Dorinda hasn't posted a blog yet.  Perhaps she was waiting to see what the reaction from the fans was beforehand and now she's realizing that not everyone is rushing to her side?  I've read most of her tweets from the other night and even responded to a couple of them myself.  While there are a number of people that are on her side, there are also a number that are not.  Could be she's not getting the reaction she thought she would.

For some reason, Dorinda's blogs are not being posted at Bravo until either Monday night or Tuesday morning a week after the episode recently. I suspect Dorinda trying to use viewer reactions to write her blog.  JMO

• Love 4