Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

Meanwhile...Sharon was on the grassy knoll, Sharon picked up 175 pounds of dead weight a couple times and tossed him around like tissue paper. Sharon is disguised as Jack and doing Phyllis. Sharon caused Michael's cancer and tuned Bummer into a duck face.

• Love 7

Michael never heard of other kinds of sex, penile implants, (Lauren would like those, guys can go for hours) Toys?? Mikey could opt for the gasoline powered vibrater. - instead he's pimping his wife out to a married man.

• Love 4

I'm not even trying this in the Sharon thread because I know it's a UO, so here we are: I HOPE SHARON REALLY DID KILL AUSTIN AND POLICEWOMAN BARBIE. And anyone else that may have died in that stupid sl that I forgot.

For once, instead of her being the victim, it would be really, really satisfying if she were the perp. And then I would like Sharon to not apologize and tell everyone else who was being targeted by Austin that she did them a big old favor. And then I would like her to kill Cricket before she can bring the charges in court.

• Love 3

I'm not even trying this in the Sharon thread because I know it's a UO, so here we are: I HOPE SHARON REALLY DID KILL AUSTIN AND POLICEWOMAN BARBIE. And anyone else that may have died in that stupid sl that I forgot.

For once, instead of her being the victim, it would be really, really satisfying if she were the perp. And then I would like Sharon to not apologize and tell everyone else who was being targeted by Austin that she did them a big old favor. And then I would like her to kill Cricket before she can bring the charges in court.

Hey Glow I am a huge Sharon fan and I think this is really funny. I sometimes just want her to go all ninja crazy on the hypocrites and kick their sorry asses to the other side of the moon! 

• Love 4

Meanwhile...Sharon was on the grassy knoll, Sharon picked up 175 pounds of dead weight a couple times and tossed him around like tissue paper. Sharon is disguised as Jack and doing Phyllis. Sharon caused Michael's cancer and tuned Bummer into a duck face.

HA HA HA! So funny! You know if they could get by with it they would totally have her do all this!! lol

• Love 4

Hey Glow I am a huge Sharon fan and I think this is really funny. I sometimes just want her to go all ninja crazy on the hypocrites and kick their sorry asses to the other side of the moon! 

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. I hope she will reveal that she went to a REAL doctor in Chicago who told her that fucking with the paternity results, leaving Phyllis at the bottom of the stairs and burning down Victor's house was a pretty normal reaction when you add up all the shit on both sides of the shit ledger, and she is IN FACT the only mentally healthy person in GC. And then I hope she goes all Uma Thurmon in Kill Bill (volumes one AND two!) and after giving everyone what-for she takes Faith and decamps for somewhere fabulous, but not before burning down Victor's house again. Sharon 2.0: The Uprising.

• Love 6

I don't know if this is an UO or not and I know it's shallow, but here goes; I think Avery is hideous.  When she was crying to Joe today she looked like a troll.  Not an internet troll, but a lives under a bridge and hassles billy goats TROLL.

• Love 7

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. I hope she will reveal that she went to a REAL doctor in Chicago who told her that fucking with the paternity results, leaving Phyllis at the bottom of the stairs and burning down Victor's house was a pretty normal reaction when you add up all the shit on both sides of the shit ledger, and she is IN FACT the only mentally healthy person in GC. And then I hope she goes all Uma Thurmon in Kill Bill (volumes one AND two!) and after giving everyone what-for she takes Faith and decamps for somewhere fabulous, but not before burning down Victor's house again. Sharon 2.0: The Uprising.

Damn that is great writing. Wish you could take old Pissy Pratt's job away from him! LOL

She shouldn't be put with Joe.  He is so much prettier than she is, it's incongruous.

Joe is looking mighty fine with his hair not as slicked back and that stubble on his face. Yeppers when Shylan/Javery  breaks up I want Joe paired with Sharon. They just have to chem test them at least!!

• Love 6

Joe is looking mighty fine with his hair not as slicked back and that stubble on his face. Yeppers when Shylan/Javery  breaks up I want Joe paired with Sharon. They just have to chem test them at least!!

They would never do that because it would be awesome!

• Love 6

I'll join you in the shallows. I noticed that she looked very haggard as in exhausted or something a few days ago.

and it's really evident when she is in a scene with Sharon...

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't know if this is an UO or not and I know it's shallow, but here goes; I think Avery is hideous.

I'll join you in the shallows. I noticed that she looked very haggard as in exhausted or something a few days ago.

Thank you!  I got holy hell at TWOP for saying not only did I think Avery was matronly, but that I thought when compared to MS Phyllis it was Avery who looked like the older sister.  I still stand by that assessment.

ETA: I think she looks like the older sister when compared to GT Phyllis as well.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4

I think Jessica Collins is actually older than GT/Phyllis in RL.

I think GT is very beautiful and sophisticated. I also enjoy the character of Phyllis.

Also an unpopular opinion I guess is I liked Vicki for a while but recently with the helping Victor with the takeover she's been getting on my nerves. She's really weak and petty.

• Love 1
In fact, MS and EB get far more vitriolic comments than CM ever has.

The difference perhaps being that EB and MS have been/were on the show for decades/many years, playing well-established characters with rich histories that TPTB clearly invested in. The difference also perhaps being that EB and MS have been known to do and say things which betrayed a seemingly fuzzy border between themselves and some aspects of their characters. I'm not sure why anyone would decide that CM = Kelly when Kelly has only (barely, IMO) existed for a couple of years and the actress has a long history on other soaps playing other types of characters.

I don't really care whether people like her not. I do understand having trouble separating your dislike of a character from your dislike of the actor portraying them, since I admittedly had that issue with MS. However, I'm not seeing the CM/Kelly situation truly parallel to that of EB/Victor or MS/Phyllis since at worst CM and Kelly were always intended to be short-term and both had perhaps overstayed their welcome.

Nothing wrong with expressing that IMO.

Also nothing wrong with expressing disagreement with that, IMO.

• Love 2

What vitriolic comments has CM received here? The only thing I've seen people say is that her acting isn't good on this show and that she Kelly wears cheap wigs, which is the fault of the wardrobe department, not CM. Nothing said about her here compares to what people say about EB, HK, DG, and especially MS.

• Love 6

Thank you!  I got holy hell at TWOP for saying not only did I think Avery was matronly, but that I thought when compared to MS Phyllis it was Avery who looked like the older sister.  I still stand by that assessment.

ETA: I think she looks like the older sister when compared to GT Phyllis as well.

I think she is hideous too LOL. And she does look like the older sister.. she is such a ....

I never  watched CM until Kelly so I sure did not hate the actress. I think she is horrible in what she did on Y&R tho. 

• Love 1
(edited)

CM was never a good fit for the show.  The previous Kelly was a serious character yet CM gradually changed it to one who cracked jokes and gradually became completely off the wall sending it to it's death and final resting place

"Camp (y) Oblivion."   LOL  So glad that is over.  

Stitch has to be next!  Hilary will be leaving due to her pregnancy and I am hoping Devon and Hilary's storyline is headed to them sailing off into the sunset to start a new life.  Devon can't walk into HIS OWN CLUB without being attacked by Lily, Gwen or Neil now!  Flush respect down the drain!

I am not a fan of Ashley's appearance lately.  She can look damn good but lately not so much!  Her hair is way too light making her need tons of makeup so she is not washed out and then to be poured into a skin tone mermaid dress which once again highlighted a belly!  And somebody in wardrobe has a hate on for MTS the way she is being dressed.  I can't believe she isn't giving wardrobe shit herself and just refusing to wear these dresses that make her look just awful.  Past a certain age cleavage is done folks, it is just wrinkles up there when they are squeezed together.  I remember a few years ago she left for a period of time and came back looking very svelte and amazing, she had been on some special diet.  Note to MTS: PLEASE REPEAT!  For the sake of your health!

If I had just tuned in to the show and didn't know Jack was Fack I would have thought it was Jack he was playing him so well.  I do hope they make him more bizarre soon to liven things up.  

I absolutely cannot wait until these murders are solved.  I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!  It has gone on too long.  Noah crying about what might have been with Courtney was FF material. I have said it over and over but enough with the friggin' memorials especially when it is so overdone on Cassie.    

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 8
CM was never a good fit for the show. 

I remember those same words being used about Maura West and Debbi Morgan. Doesn't make it not true but it looks to me like women who've been successful on other daytime soaps had probably better stay the fcuk away from this one. Notable exceptions would be MCE, who's married to a CBS exec, and GT, who if isn't a FOJ clearly has her support.

• Love 5

They had Debbi Morgan... Debbie freakin Morgan. She would have made a great Dru. (Since I doubt they'll ever bring the original back) They could have said Dru became a professor or Doctor while she was in the country of Amnesia. DM could play brilliant while still being sexy and earthy.

The writers in this shit show could make DeNiro look like Ron Moss. Maura West killed over at GH. No doubt CM will be acclaimed some where else.

• Love 6

They had Debbi Morgan... Debbie freakin Morgan. She would have made a great Dru. (Since I doubt they'll ever bring the original back) They could have said Dru became a professor or Doctor while she was in the country of Amnesia. DM could play brilliant while still being sexy and earthy.

The writers in this shit show could make DeNiro look like Ron Moss. Maura West killed over at GH. No doubt CM will be acclaimed some where else.

I so agree with this - She and KSJ has great chemistry when she played Harmony.  TPTB will never listen, and I understand JFP hates her.   BTW, Maura West isn't dead - just in a long black wig with a wild accent.

• Love 5

I so agree with this - She and KSJ has great chemistry when she played Harmony.  TPTB will never listen, and I understand JFP hates her.   BTW, Maura West isn't dead - just in a long black wig with a wild accent.

In a way, though, I'm glad Debbie Morgan didn't stay on, because her "storyline" would have consisted of inventorying napkins at the GCAC or some irrelevant nonsense. She's too good for this crap show.

Faith annoys me - I second the vote for boarding school!

• Love 4

I meant Maura was getting buried in Emmys and critical acclaim.

Totally misread your statement - sorry.  She is about the best actress they have on GH in my opinion, and I love the fact that she will look like hell if the scene calls for it.  She is just phenomenal, and I'm liking the chemistry with Silas.

• Love 3

*ducking in advance* Drunk Nikki annoys me (but I will concede that MTS does a good job playing drunk).

I agree with you on both points, and I think your two statements reinforce each other.

I find just about all addiction stories tiresome, and drunk people IRL annoy the hell out of me, but MTS is really selling it. I don't remember ever seeing her play drunk this convincingly.

• Love 7

I may be a bit old-fashioned but I don't really understand why they show people drinking in the middle of the day, a work day no less, on this show. I mean, 25-35 years ago, I think it was kind of a societal norm with high powered lunches so to speak, but now? Really? Are there really that many people who do this IRL? How many people have their own bar in their home?

About 12 years ago I did work for a company where meetings and lunches were just like that and every day between 3-4pm Happy Hour started in the office. It was the only place I've ever worked with that type of culture, every other place I've worked would fire someone for such behavior.  

IMHO the number of occasions with people imbibing on this show are high, ymmv. As much as Victor drinks (until very recently) I'm surprised he isn't an alcoholic too. He used to drink daily, at work and at home, in social situations and at home and in front of his alcoholic spouse. How is that not defined as problematic?? I guess that was the REALLY LONG ROUNDABOUT way of saying that find most drunk people IRL annoying too, but MTS really does sell it well. hehehe sorry, got carried away.

• Love 8

Margamo, I don't think you're being old-fashioned. Y&R characters booze it up daily like they're characters in a Dashiell Hammett story. I keep waiting for someone to order a whiskey sour and yell "say, Lily, your joint is aces!"

I love Nikki as a mean drunk. It's such a nice break from her usual insipidness.

• Love 9

Margamo, I don't think you're being old-fashioned. Y&R characters booze it up daily like they're characters in a Dashiell Hammett story. I keep waiting for someone to order a whiskey sour and yell "say, Lily, your joint is aces!"

I love Nikki as a mean drunk. It's such a nice break from her usual insipidness.

Doesn't Cane mumble that now and then, I mean, when he's not swooning over his own naked selfies?

Cuz Lily thinks her joint IS aces!

• Love 4

I'm not looking forward to this intervention today. Instead of focusing on the addiction, I wish they just would let this be The New Nikki. No more staring longingly at bottles of vodka. Just let her be a high-functioning alcoholic, like so many people of her social standing in real life. Cybill Shepherd had a sitcom years ago, and Christine Baranski played her best friend who was never without a drink in her hand. She was rarely falling-down drunk, but she had a constant buzz all day long. That's how Nikki should be. MTS has been on this show for close to 40 years, and she's never played anything this well.

The only problem with this is the MS. I still don't understand the point of the character having MS. I haven't learned one damn thing about the disease that I didn't know already, and it hasn't done anything to drive the story forward.

• Love 11

She still has MS? I thought Pratt had forgotten about it.

Highly Functioning Perma-Buzzed Nikki gets my vote!!! If only Jessica Walter could guest star as Nikki's ladies-who-lunch high society drinking buddy, always ready with a mean smile and snarky put-down.

• Love 9

apparently there is an experimental procedure to "cure " (I think its supposed to be a cure anyway) done in I think England and I am surprised the show hasn't used it to rid her of it.

I mean they made up an experimental laser treatment to cure adam of his retinitis pigmentosa and they had so

me kind of laser treatment to rid turd of his epilepsy so they could easily do it for nikki too.

What I really wish for tho, is that Sharon was misdiagnosed initially with bipolar disorder when it is really a brain tumor and that Is why her meds really don't work for her

• Love 4

What I really wish for tho, is that Sharon was misdiagnosed initially with bipolar disorder when it is really a brain tumor and that Is why her meds really don't work for her.

This works for me, as long as it's operable, and they don't kill her off - I don't trust Pratt at all and keep waiting for someone more important that Kelly to get killed off.

• Love 8

I remember those same words being used about Maura West and Debbi Morgan. Doesn't make it not true but it looks to me like women who've been successful on other daytime soaps had probably better stay the fcuk away from this one. Notable exceptions would be MCE, who's married to a CBS exec, and GT, who if isn't a FOJ clearly has her support.

Maury West should've never been cast as Diane, a chapter that's been on the show's canvas since the late 80s as one of Victor and Jack's contemporaries.

But that said, I think West could've pull it off if the writing hadn't been such complete shit that last go around.

CM jumped into a role that never should have lasted as long as it did and was an unmitigated clusterfuck on the scale of Gaslighter Adam. Bringing anything into that role was like doing CPR on a zombie. Thankfully she had no ties to anyone on the show besides Stench. Good riddance.

• Love 3

I'm not looking forward to this intervention today. Instead of focusing on the addiction, I wish they just would let this be The New Nikki. No more staring longingly at bottles of vodka. Just let her be a high-functioning alcoholic, like so many people of her social standing in real life. Cybill Shepherd had a sitcom years ago, and Christine Baranski played her best friend who was never without a drink in her hand. She was rarely falling-down drunk, but she had a constant buzz all day long. That's how Nikki should be. MTS has been on this show for close to 40 years, and she's never played anything this well.

The only problem with this is the MS. I still don't understand the point of the character having MS. I haven't learned one damn thing about the disease that I didn't know already, and it hasn't done anything to drive the story forward.

I honestly forgotten she had the disease. Back when JFP first came on the show,a lot of people were nervous that she was trying to write Nikki and possibly Kay out by giving them both illnesses at the same time. It was just coincidence that Jeanne Cooper's health began to decline around the time of the dementia story.

I'm still surprised that the only older female casualty in the past two years has been Stafford. But maybe Sony and CBS gives more shits about Y&R than ABC did.

• Love 4
(edited)

Well Y&R made a big mistake not writing for and keeping on Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams. Those are 2 of the most popular and respected soap actors ever and have the classy, natural acting style that would be perfect for GC. Honestly I'm still really pissed off about that. I don't know why the show throws away awesome performers and keeps on dull wooden actors (not all of the cast is shit but there's like 8 horrible ones on canvas heavily right now).

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 10

In the nineties. LOL I thought the actors suited vintage Y&R. TIIC should have maybe cast them in different roles too like business leaders or something. I really like Darnell Williams a LOT and DM is so beautiful and charismatic.

• Love 7

The Y&R today is markedly different from the past even the late nineties. Stories used to move slower and seemed like they were plotted out well well in advance, the music was tasteful and more subtle, the fashion fit the characters, the diologue was a bit more polished, the sets were detailed and used elaborate fresh flower arrangements. All of these elements conspired to create the image of a classy soap.

• Love 9

I'm sure I'm a party of one on this, but I'm really starting to like All Purpose Park.  I like the BENCH, I like the trees and all the architectural details on the railings.  Maybe because it's so hot and dry here, but I'd love to stroll through that park of an evening.  It looks so cool and lush.

• Love 2