Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

i was at a different board and the discussion in one thread is about how jessica collins, in her interview, said that a storyline she suggested was given to a different actress.

i, along with the op think the s/l was given to sage but a different poster thinks the s/l was given to sharon.

i think it was sage because as soon as jessica announced she was leaving y&r ks was elevated to contract and then given the whole falling in love with nick, sleeping with adam then announcing her pregnancy.

i don't think sharon was the one cause her storyline supposedly in the beginning was to steal sages baby after her miscarriage.

I THINK originally jc wanted to have the ons with dick then having the wtd between him and dylan..

what ya all think?

• Love 1

I dunno, I think there had already been plenty of opportunity to put Avery in a WTD situation with Nick and Dylan if the writers had wanted to go there. I think the storyline was given to Lily. My guess is that Avery was going to sleep with Joe and then later come to the realization that he really was trying to set Dylan up for a crime he didn't commit. Meanwhile, she'd turn up pregnant.

• Love 6

i was at a different board and the discussion in one thread is about how jessica collins, in her interview, said that a storyline she suggested was given to a different actress.

i, along with the op think the s/l was given to sage but a different poster thinks the s/l was given to sharon.

i think it was sage because as soon as jessica announced she was leaving y&r ks was elevated to contract and then given the whole falling in love with nick, sleeping with adam then announcing her pregnancy.

i don't think sharon was the one cause her storyline supposedly in the beginning was to steal sages baby after her miscarriage.

I THINK originally jc wanted to have the ons with dick then having the wtd between him and dylan..

what ya all think?

I thought her story was given to Chelsea. Remember when Dylan made a sudden turn to Chelsea with a ONS and ensuing pregnancy and marriage? Could have easily (and more believably) been a WTD with Dylan vs Nick and Avery pregnant.
  • Love 2

I thought her story was given to Chelsea. Remember when Dylan made a sudden turn to Chelsea with a ONS and ensuing pregnancy and marriage? Could have easily (and more believably) been a WTD with Dylan vs Nick and Avery pregnant.

That happened in 2013. I got the impression that the story she was talking about was something happening in 2015. 

• Love 1

That happened in 2013. I got the impression that the story she was talking about was something happening in 2015. 

Yes, could be. I don't recall the interview. I thought she talked about long-term irritations beginning with this issue of a story going to another actess and then cascading problems leading to the Avery lies about rape nonsense. But as I said, I'm not at all sure.

Is this unpopular here: Justin Hartley has a real feminine vibe IMO. I don't find him sexy at all. He's a good looking guy, no question. Just not sexy TO ME. 

• Love 1

That's interesting because I find Justin Hartley to be the sexiest guy on the show, heh. I also think they did a good job casting him in the role of Adam. He reminds me of MM for some reason. I found it believable that he really was old Adam with a new face, despite the ridiculousness of the story. Go figure.

• Love 8
Is this unpopular here: Justin Hartley has a real feminine vibe IMO. I don't find him sexy at all. He's a good looking guy, no question. Just not sexy TO ME. 

Got a ticket for the UO train handy?

I find him kinda genderless, and completely uninteresting, so I zone out whenever he's on. He looks like he was squeezed out of the SoapActor tube to me.

• Love 3

The babies who play Conner always looks like they're sick to me. Red watery eyes and so, so pale. Bless their hearts.

I think maybe they are allergic to the jackass, Victor.  I think that's what wrong with the entire cast - everyone is allergic to Victor.  I speak with no authority since I haven't watched anything but the Newman Tower Fire in almost 2 years, but I do know how repulsive Victor is.  I am allergic to him and I'm from Texas - runny eyes and sneezing while typing.  I am waiting patiently for him to die or go to prison for life, but I'm sure I will die first.  Still not watching, Pratt.

• Love 9

My UO? I'm not seeing any anvils that Billy and Phyllis (Byllis???) are going to do the deed.

Maybe "anvils" is a strong word? I think that Phyllis suddenly becoming Billy's biggest champion is hinting that something is on the way. It simply could be leading up to Jack and Victoria making assumptions based on all of (Phylly's?) clandestine meetings.

• Love 2

Maybe "anvils" is a strong word? I think that Phyllis suddenly becoming Billy's biggest champion is hinting that something is on the way. It simply could be leading up to Jack and Victoria making assumptions based on all of (Phylly's?) clandestine meetings.

If it were another Head Writer I'd be open to the chance it's a tease and that their "betrayal" will only be about the business dealings. But it's Pratt. And Phyllis has been talking to and about Billy in ways that make no sense in terms of their history. "You get me like NO ONE else gets me. You let me be myself." And all this talk out of nowhere about the stress in Phack's marriage.

And the "addiction foundation" that Neil and Jack are starting (whatever the fuck an addiction foundation is) is random. Jack's sobriety has come up a lot all of a sudden. So I think the Billy-Phyllis hookup will be a catalyst for things, including Jack falling off the wagon. 

• Love 6

Sadly I do think Phyllis and Billy will do the deed at least once and I hate the way it's been telegraphed in such a hacky manner. Is this the show's way of putting out feelers to see if the audience is on board with it? Not that they seem to care about the audience's opinion on anything else.

• Love 5

Ugh. Had a thought. What if Jack goes deep into his addiction and Billy becomes CEO of Jabot? JFP must have salivated at this. Ashley is already sidelined with this vague free-transform tumour so BlahBilly is the only Abbott left standing.

JFP is so fucking shameless with her faves (SB, KS and HK), I can see this happening.

• Love 7

Ugh, would it be a good idea to have a gambling addict in charge of a major company? So much potential for embezzlement. Meanwhile, I liked the idea someone posted to have Jack and/or Phyllis sue Victor for civil damages and get their $500M back (if not more).

• Love 6

Ugh, would it be a good idea to have a gambling addict in charge of a major company? So much potential for embezzlement. Meanwhile, I liked the idea someone posted to have Jack and/or Phyllis sue Victor for civil damages and get their $500M back (if not more).

That would be great, wouldn't it? But of course Pratt won't think of it. Once Victor beats these charges, he'll go into self-reflective mode again (a farm? Paris?) and everyone will miss him and long for him and beg for him. 

Billy as CEO is ridiculous on so many levels. He's not only a gambling addict, he has next to no experience. He flits in and out of Jabot when he feels like it. It would be so offensive if he got that job. So I fully expect it from this writing team. Watching him in today's show being all smug and calm with Jack when he COST JABOT $500 million FFS and is now pulling shit behind Jack's back aaargh. Jack was given some good lines but JT's dead man delivery made him seem like a different character. He didn't act guilty or flustered or defensive, the way Billy would act. 

And in that stupid Victor fantasy Billy WAS Jabot's CEO for no reason that I could fathom.

So all this to say I'm afraid this is where they'll go. Billy CEO of Jabot and Vicki CEO of Newman. Let's see who can bore everyone to death first.

• Love 12

I'm sorry, I know a lot of people really like GT, but I cannot stand her. I can't even look at her reptilian face. And my hatred for NotBilly is reaching Crosbyesque Sharon hate. The writing is so fucking ridiculous. I'm not Team Mop, but she doesn't deserve this crap.

• Love 9

I'm sorry, I know a lot of people really like GT, but I cannot stand her. I can't even look at her reptilian face. And my hatred for NotBilly is reaching Crosbyesque Sharon hate. The writing is so fucking ridiculous. I'm not Team Mop, but she doesn't deserve this crap.

I like GT but I agree. She is just not tolerable in "revenge/hate" mode. She seems to have an internal switch rather than a capacity for nuanced expression. So when she's sweet I love her. But she's been snarling for 6 months. I can't look at that downturned mouth any more either.

Billy is simply a piece of shit. Although that is not fair to shit.

I also sympathize with Victoria. She doesn't deserve him. No woman deserves him. No brother deserves him. Above all no viewer deserves him.

I think a big spectacular Billy Abbott death story needs to happen. He can die and no one can give a fuck. That would be awesome.

• Love 11

miamama quote

I think a big spectacular Billy Abbott death story needs to happen. He can die and no one can give a fuck. That would be awesome.

How is this an UO at this time?

If the door is permanently shut, locked and bricked up on Billy Miller's return, I'm all for this.  Then maybe we could get some Jill Abbot action.  She should be in this 'business' fiasco, advising her braindead child about corporate procedure and how to run said corporation.  I miss her.

Edited by MollyB
  • Love 7

I find Ian to be completely useless.

Sadly, I agree. The character had so much potential and should have been a good foil for Victor. But he's another casualty of the Victor Always Wins rule, so I'm not sure why they keep bringing him back.

But I do like RW.

• Love 4

Sadly, I agree. The character had so much potential and should have been a good foil for Victor. But he's another casualty of the Victor Always Wins rule, so I'm not sure why they keep bringing him back.

But I do like RW.

Just when I was about to cave on my Chuck Pratt boycott...

• Love 4

But I do like RW.

I'm quoting myself because it dawned on me that the bolded part is precisely the reason why they keep bringing Ian back. Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 3

I fucking love Max. It's great to see Voldemort have some competition in the badass dept. I'd like to see him go after NotBilly next. And then on to Phyllis. He reminds me of a young Adam Newman and he even has the Daddy Never Loved Me tattoo to prove it.

• Love 5

I fucking love Max. It's great to see Voldemort have some competition in the badass dept. I'd like to see him go after NotBilly next. And then on to Phyllis. He reminds me of a young Adam Newman and he even has the Daddy Never Loved Me tattoo to prove it.

I find the boy very cute. I just find the idea -- a child who would be this diabolical truly silly. 

• Love 3

I find the boy very cute. I just find the idea -- a child who would be this diabolical truly silly. 

Really? You don't believe there are children who are born sociopaths? Why do you think serial killers always start with small animals as children? It's a brain chemical problem. Not all children are cherubs. There are hundreds of cases on the books of children who kill.

Look up Eric Smith or Joshua Phillips, just to name two.

• Love 9

Really? You don't believe there are children who are born sociopaths? Why do you think serial killers always start with small animals as children? It's a brain chemical problem. Not all children are cherubs. There are hundreds of cases on the books of children who kill.

Look up Eric Smith or Joshua Phillips, just to name two.

But do you think this is where Pratt is going with this? Max will probably get a cookie and maybe a stern talking to. Then he'll explain he was sad about his MUM. Then Abby will hug him and Stitch will try to emote.

Pratt writes off-the-wall stories but is unwilling to deal with the consequences (see Victor with the Marco plot; Neil with the kidnapping plot). Normal people do not behave the way Pratt makes these characters behave. But we are supposed to just roll with it.

This premeditated act is too much. Even for a soap. I honestly thought it would remain a fantasy or we'd think the kid did it, but he didn't. 

• Love 6

crosby777 quote

I fucking love Max.

Me too, he is an evil little monster. LOL

I like him in the way I did Macauley Caulkin in Home Alone.  Fun to watch but I don't want him near me, my kids, my house or in the same hemisphere where I reside.  My favorite MC movie was The Good Son.  Maybe Pratt will go that way with MadMax.

• Love 7

His grandmother was an irresponsible parent and murderer, grandpa abusive trash, and aunt a deranged rapist with killer tendencies, and dear father a liar preoccupied with sexing entire families. Now not everyone is like their family. But he had the double whammy in nature and nuture fuck ups so is a sociopath. That could be interesting if told by more capable writers and acted against non- amateurish actors who weren't chemistry voids.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, ejami61 said:

How can you redeem a child that killed his own baby sister???

Its time for the kid to go away and get help and never return.

I dunno, Adam killed his half sibling and Summer killed her cousin and they are accepted as respectable citizens of GC...

• Love 6
On 4/24/2016 at 2:16 AM, crosby777 said:

Mariah really needs to be developed.. the bitchy mouth thing has gotten old. I love some good snark.. (that is why I post here) but Mariah really is just a blob of nothing.

Couldn't agree more.  My fantasy would be pair her with the new bartender (who turns out to be some wunderkind business genius and hot in the sack), have her take over the UG and turn it into THE place to see and be seen in GC (instead of Crimson Lights and the hospital nurses' station) and snarked over.  Have Nick et al, declare her status as a 'real' Newman and throw a trust fund her way. [and Gwanpaturd can give her a horse]  Have Kevin and HackerChick be tied up in court so long that PassKey goes the way of all computer programs (becomes obsolete/useless) and they never get any money and Kevin crawls back to Mariah and becomes her pet chipmunk.  In later life, she will receive the Catherine Chancellor Altruism Award for establishing the Home for Children of Wayward Parents, first occupants:  Faith, Johnny, Max, Summer, CAN/Sully, Conner.

Sh*t, did I forget to take my meds?

• Love 11
20 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

I dunno, Adam killed his half sibling and Summer killed her cousin and they are accepted as respectable citizens of GC...

In their defense, though, neither of them intended for their victims to miscarry.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ByTor said:

In their defense, though, neither of them intended for their victims to miscarry.

And, they did feel some sort of remorse, did they not?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, jewel21 said:

And, they did feel some sort of remorse, did they not?

Well, Adam did, when he wasn't feeling up Sharon.

Dummer thought she was feeling remorse but it turns out she was just gassy.  And according to Genoa City, that was punishment enough.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, MollyB said:

Couldn't agree more.  My fantasy would be pair her with the new bartender (who turns out to be some wunderkind business genius and hot in the sack), have her take over the UG and turn it into THE place to see and be seen in GC (instead of Crimson Lights and the hospital nurses' station) and snarked over.  Have Nick et al, declare her status as a 'real' Newman and throw a trust fund her way. [and Gwanpaturd can give her a horse]  Have Kevin and HackerChick be tied up in court so long that PassKey goes the way of all computer programs (becomes obsolete/useless) and they never get any money and Kevin crawls back to Mariah and becomes her pet chipmunk.  In later life, she will receive the Catherine Chancellor Altruism Award for establishing the Home for Children of Wayward Parents, first occupants:  Faith, Johnny, Max, Summer, CAN/Sully, Conner.

Sh*t, did I forget to take my meds?

I think the meds got lost along the way. LOL

• Love 2