Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

I have this problem as well.  Thanks for mentioning it, I just went in and fixed mine.

Bless you, my child - Foghorn, too.  lol  I do enough stupid stuff on my own (like the Snaporaz goof-up, and he had his gender posted in his profile.)  I just have to remember to check the profile first.

edited to say - the Bless you came straight from Victor's confessional booth.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 2

Ok, here's my UO......I kind of liked Dummer for a few seconds at Austin's funeral when she yelled at Abby. Whew! I feel better after unburdening myself!! This was difficult to admit as I have hated this character for eons. Personally, I thought she was a 1 dimensional emoter  (whiner); but apparently she can emote anger for a few seconds without whining....maybe she is taking acting lessons?  

Did I just up the ante saying something nice about Summer?

Victor finally wised up and got rid of the liquor in the house! See there.....he's capable of learning and change. :) 

That's it....that's all the niceness I have for the show at the moment; I'll be holding a deficit for the unforeseeable future.  

• Love 2

Victor finally wised up and got rid of the liquor in the house! See there.....he's capable of learning and change. :)

Here it is - Thank you Margamo!  I swore to find something nice to say about Victor, to pay Crosby back for saying something nice about Sharon, and I couldn't find anything to say.  This is perfect and you have saved me from public humiliation.  AND it's true, on top of being brilliant. Doing my post immediately.  Thanks again.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 2

This is for you, Crosby, and also ByTor:  OKAY - I CHEATED and got my idea from Margamo, but I can now post something nice about Victor.  She said: Victor finally wised up and got rid of the liquor in the house! See there.....he's capable of learning and change. :)  This is perfect and also absolutely true and I did notice that someone on the show mentioned it. This has been one of my major gripes for years.  It's not his responsibility to control Nikki's drinking (she has to do that herself), but it's a big temptation for an alcoholic to have liquor sitting around.  I hope it lasts permanently and I hope she quits drinking, permanently.  He is also making fewer mistakes with his lines, and he has a lot more lines right now than normal - I think struggling with scripts at this age would be difficult. 

Edited by movinon
  • Love 5

OK here it goes, I need to get this off my chest *cracks knuckles*...I like the Scoobies at the cabin story!  Whew, that felt good.

I love the Scooby Cabin Mystery!

• Love 6

Bless you, my child - Foghorn, too.  lol  I do enough stupid stuff on my own (like the Snaporaz goof-up, and he had his gender posted in his profile.)  I just have to remember to check the profile first.

edited to say - the Bless you came straight from Victor's confessional booth.

Bless YOU, movinon! But don't beat yourself up for simple mistakes. I never check anyone's profile! Sometimes, I'm accidentally taken to someone's profile because my finger slips over their name while I'm trying to hit the "like" button, but that's about it.

I kind of love the confessional. I'd love it even more if whoever is on the other side of it has cloven hooves and a pitchfork!

• Love 3

I will say something sincerely nice about Victor.

Yesterday, my 91 year old grandmother passed away due to a heart condition. My favorite moments with her involved watching the Young and the Restless, her absolute favorite show. When Victor would come strutting onto the screen, she would utter in her thick French-Canadian accent, "That bastard!" or "That bastard, he thinks he's always right!" You could tell she didn't flat out hate him, but she got such a kick out of ranting at him. So today I'll raise a glass to Victor and say thanks for the memories.

• Love 21

Yesterday, my 91 year old grandmother passed away due to a heart condition. My favorite moments with her involved watching the Young and the Restless, her absolute favorite show. When Victor would come strutting onto the screen, she would utter in her thick French-Canadian accent, "That bastard!" or "That bastard, he thinks he's always right!" You could tell she didn't flat out hate him, but she got such a kick out of ranting at him. So today I'll raise a glass to Victor and say thanks for the memories.

Same with my grandmother!  She was always tickled by his hijinks, but she pretended to be appalled.  Here's to all grandmothers wherever they may be!  *clink*

• Love 14

My grandfather got a kick out of Victor, too. He loved Nikki, since he always had a thing for blondes (no, my grandmother was not a blonde!).

They're the reason I started watching this show, since they lived with us when I was a kid. Everyday, right after his lunch, my granddad watched Y&R...

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 9

I am so sorry for your loss Ninja.Prayers to you and your family. My grandparents liked the show too and they got a big kick out of Victor. But to me he was more of a rascal back then and not as evil.He seemed to balance it out with a lot of good things he did.He just seemed more compassionate towards his family.

• Love 5

Aww Ninja Penguins that's a cute story that made me laugh. My thoughts are with you and your grandma sounded like a fun lady.

My UOs:

Victor also often makes me laugh or grabs my attention. He can be amusing.

Also, I don't like Sage or anything about her. NuKyle seems like a weirdo freak and his accent (to me is very noticeable).

I think Lily has a lot of character issues and flaws but face, hair, and body wise is very good looking and she can occasionally truth tell so she has some good.

I think Stench is aging rapidly and is looking rough but the actor had a difficult year, not only that he's a very bad actor.

JM is like a practical joke as an actor, a more sincere performance would come from a stoned dude picked up in a convenience store parking lot.

I have no problem with Ashley but find her weird and unnecessary. Also the actress ED is being a lot of her over dramatical Kristen ways from Days and campiness from RH into her performances; like the mannerisms and delivery.

JMHO!!!!

• Love 4

My sympathies to you, Ninja.  You were lucky to have her 91 years - that's a real lifetime of memories.  My mother passed away just before her 90th birthday, and everyone was saying how lucky we were to have had her so long and still healthy.  It didn't help much, though, because you're never ready to let them go.  Thinking about you.

• Love 6

How about "Victor's jacket appears to be made of the finest Corinthian leather." ? :)

And made from actual Corinthians!  YOU GOT THAT?

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your grandmother.  The best of them give us unconditional love and it sounds like you got that.  And it seems we know have an idea of where you get your outstanding sense of humor.

It sounds to me like you were lucky, and so was she.  

All the best.

• Love 9

My heartfelt condolences on the passing of your grandmother.  This story reminds my so much of my Latin grandmother who go me started on YR.  Like you have with yours, I too have fond memories of my abuela cursing profusely every time Victor was on her screen.  I think she loved to hate him as well.  She died at age 94 in a nursing home and watched YR up to the end.     I'm raising a glass to all the grandmothers, perhaps up there in the vast beyond they are all sitting together, cursing and spitting and bonding while watching their story and shaking their heads at how far this show has fallen from its glory years!   

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 11

I want to be clear on the fact that I am not a Chelsea fan.  However, there is lots of talk on the board about Chelsea, the rapist, and I find it interesting that nobody remembers that this was not her idea.  I am not excusing her for what she did to Billy, and he proves what an idiot he is by sleeping with her.  However, the entire thing was bought and paid for, as usual, by the great Victor.  How he could do something like that to hurt his daughter (and I don't like her either) is beyond my comprehension.  This was on top of having her arrested on her wedding day and causing her miscarriage. Yet, we find the daughter not only forgets all of it, worships her father,  and is becoming more like him every day.  I realize Billy has hurt his wife many times, too, but he was young and stupid. (He is no longer young, but has grown more stupid.)  Victor is presented by the show as the wise and infallible protector of his family - what a joke.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 4

I'm raising a glass to all the grandmothers, perhaps up there in the vast beyond they are all sitting together, cursing and spitting and bonding while watching their story and shaking their heads at how far this show has fallen from its glory years!

OMG! What a great visual.  I can see Grandma Kitty up there snarking it up with all the other grannies.  May they look down on all of us and applaud us for carrying on the Y&R tradition.

• Love 9

I think, movinon, that Victor paid Chelsea to plant drugs on Billy and get him thrown into a foreign prison. Chelsea apparently had a whim and threw in the rape as a bonus. Victor did indeed unleash her on Billy, but Chelsea still violated him physically.

• Love 6

I blame Chelsea for what Chelsea did. Just because Vic paid her she sure did not have to do anything and I am sure like Ninja said that it was Chelsea the Con's idea to rape Billy. So lame they would be together. I really wanted to like Chelsea and I did when she was a con now she bores me to tears. She and Gadam are total ff for me and so are her and Billy. FF all the way.

• Love 5

I think, movinon, that Victor paid Chelsea to plant drugs on Billy and get him thrown into a foreign prison. Chelsea apparently had a whim and threw in the rape as a bonus. Victor did indeed unleash her on Billy, but Chelsea still violated him physically.

You may be right about that, Mia, but I can't remember.  I thought he was behind the whole thing, but I guess my vision is colored.  Looking at Billy, I would think anyone would have to be paid to sleep with him, but then I remember he was Billy Miller at the time, and that could change my mind.  Obviously, she finds him somewhat attractive or she wouldn't be sleeping with him now.  I still think, given time, Chelsea and David Tom had a spark that could have been developed.  It always infuriated me how Victor always went after Billy Miller, but now I find I don't care if he takes this one completely out.  I also think they are putting him back with Victoria, and I see so chemistry there, either.  Guess I'm just really unimpressed.  It does irritate me that they brought Justin Hartley in just to pair him with Chelsea - I fully expected him to grab his son, prove his innocence, and go after Victor - show disappoints again.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 7

Topic:  Hair (not the musical)

Nick and Darvon need to shave it, wash it and look like they actually have a million or so bucks.  Thinned out mustaches/beards look juvenile.

Lauren and Cricket and Nikki need to get age appropriate cuts-see Jamie Lee Curtis for advice. [Mrs. C's hair stylist must still be alive]

Michael-you're having radiation treatment-losing hair and/or graying is part of the process.

Everyone, extensions are not always your friend.

• Love 6

Lauren and Cricket and Nikki need to get age appropriate cuts-see Jamie Lee Curtis for advice. [Mrs. C's hair stylist must still be alive]

I'm pretty sure my opinion is quite the unpopular one, as I think women of their age should wear their hair whatever length (including long) they want.  I get a bit weird on this topic; I'm around LLB's age and would not dream of cutting my hair...it's naturally curly and gets super puffy when short and the result is the appearance of a dead animal on top of my head :(

• Love 6

ByTor quote

as I think women of their age should wear their hair whatever length (including long) they want.

I should have phrased it better-if long hair (or whatever length) looks good on you I agree, it doesn't matter what your age.  With the group I mentioned, it just looks as if they are holding on to the past-desparately.  Lauren is supposed to know the cutting edge of fashion, Nikki is a gazillionaire and Cricket-she's Paul's age-not a younger wife, and they are all wearing the same cut they have had for years.  Sorry if I stepped on toes.  (and yeah, I have the Jamie Lee cut.)

• Love 5

I agree with you Molly about Lauren and Bug.  Lauren because it's boring and static, Bug because she just doesn't have the face for long hair.  I think Nikki's hair is fine, she does different things with it and it gives her a lot of versatility.  JMHO.  I've never subscribed to the "older" woman shouldn't have long hair deal.  It's just so limiting. 

Nope, you certainly didn't offend me, Molly, and I guarantee my mother would be agreeing with you :)

So would mine lol.

• Love 6

Thanks, ByTor and Peacheslatour.  Tell your moms I said 'hey'!

What I should have compared it to is the Progressive 'girl' who still has the 'bump' and the overdone makeup and annoys the hell out of me.  I'm old.  I bitch. 

• Love 6

I agree with you Molly about Lauren and Bug.  Lauren because it's boring and static, Bug because she just doesn't have the face for long hair.  I think Nikki's hair is fine, she does different things with it and it gives her a lot of versatility.  JMHO.  I've never subscribed to the "older" woman shouldn't have long hair deal.  It's just so limiting.

I am personally not a fan of super short hair on women as they get older, it emphasizes weight gain, jowls and all the signs of aging.  I think a beautiful bob, or even shoulder length hair with some movement and some soft bangs or side part help to soften up and give a youthful appearance.   Jess Walton does this perfectly and it works for her.    I will agree though that the super long hair with all the extensions and fried out color is not attractive..  Lauren's whole appearance speaks of desperation to retain her youth. 

I personally hate when MTS/Nikki wears her hair up or severely pulled back.  She should always wear her hair blown out and lose the matronly dresses.  

• Love 5

I personally hate when MTS/Nikki wears her hair up or severely pulled back.  She should always wear her hair blown out and lose the matronly dresses.

Yes, she doesn't have the bone structure for the pulled back look.  I like her best with a soft side part and curled under slightly. 

And stuffing her into a sausage casing of a dress and wearing 5 inch heels is doing her no favors either.

• Love 8

This is my first foray into this particular thread, but I'd like to add that Eileen Davidson carries off the bob flawlessly! TEB should be able to, but she's one of those chicks who are stuck in the hey-day ('80s). Her whole look is soooo dated! Hell, all she needs to do is cut it to past shoulder-length, but without the teasing in the back.

• Love 7

TEB/Lauren's do is the same as Rosie Perez' on the View, and they both look terrible, and their hair doesn't move.  I keep wanting to give them a hair makeover.  Lauren could use a fashion makeover too, and lately a personality makeover.

• Love 3

So sorry for your loss, ninja.  Your grandmother is surely in the Colonnade Room In The Sky, perhaps sharing a table with my late mom, who also loved to hate TGVN.  (My mother was the first in her gang to know the meaning of the phrase "internet spoilers".)

• Love 4

I am personally not a fan of super short hair on women as they get older,

I don't like extremely long or short as you age. I think they both make you look older. I am the same I like a mid length as women age, but I do agree if the long hair looks good then nothing is wrong with it. That being said I think Sharon and the bug and Lauren all could use a fresh new look. They have all had the really long hair with the same hair cut for 2 decades, Time for a change ladies.

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure my opinion is quite the unpopular one, as I think women of their age should wear their hair whatever length (including long) they want.  I get a bit weird on this topic; I'm around LLB's age and would not dream of cutting my hair...it's naturally curly and gets super puffy when short and the result is the appearance of a dead animal on top of my head :(

Your opinion is certainly not unpopular with me....ICAM...to each his own is my motto, if someone feels comfortable with their hair length, who am I to suggest that they should change it to the way I think it would look better..I don't care if it is an actress on my screen or my own daughter, it is their right to chose the hairstyle they feel comfortable in...I certainly want no one , except maybe my hairdresser, making such a suggestion to me..

• Love 7

Thanks, IOU Payne.

How I miss the Colonnade Room. I hadn't thought about that place in years!

Don't know if this an unpopular opinion or a frightening one, but I think Dylan has become the brains of the Scooby operation. I hereby promote Private Plywood to Detective Drywall. *insert applause here*

• Love 15

So yesterday I was working, and Wednesday afternoons can involve long stretches of mind-numbing boredom. It gave me time to think and come to some realizations about the show.

I think I've been too hard on Nick, so I tried to view him through Sharon's eyes. He's handsome, charming, and wealthy, yet he rejects the ruthless, take-no-prisoners business world of his sister and father. He's devoted to his family in a way that is more gentle than Victor, and he loved his adopted daughter and his stepson like his own. He does have a core of integrity, which he showed to us when he sent his father to jail.

Now Nick has done some questionable things that I still struggle with but have come closer to understanding. A deep part of his soul broke when his beloved Cassie died, and his instinct for revenge took over; however, he soon accepted that Daniel wasn't driving. Nick should not have violated his marriage vows, but he was a lost soul adrift in a sea of grief with a wife too wrapped up in herself to act as his life preserver. Phyllis generously forgave his attacks on Daniel and thus could totally devote herself to him. She was truly his rock, and Summer undoubtedly helped with Nick's healing as well.

When Sharon lied about those paternity results, she forced Nick to revisit a precarious time in his life when he was both shattered and starting to recover. Sharon could not have realized it, of course, the poor woman is ill. Nick responded to her deception with the kind of primal anger a father feels when his beloved daughter is hurt. How could NIck let that kind of hurt happen to Faith? Nick has always been his children's strongest champion simply due to his mental stability and even keel.

I admire that Nick chooses a down to earth life as a bar owner. He can afford to indulge in being a small business owner with none of the risk. He gave Austin employment when he was absolutely toxic to other employers, and he lets Mariah work for him even though she no doubt reminds him of the woman who has nearly destroyed him over and over again. Yes, Nick has a bit of that white knight syndrome, which is why he finds Sage appealing. She had spent so long being isolated in that castle, she's trapped in an unsatisfying marriage, and she's the type of woman who would selflessly devote herself to the care of an old lady. Nick sees a sterling character mixed with a wounded bird. He will be so betrayed when it is revealed that Sage is helping his brother Adam, as she will be just another woman who takes advantage of that naive streak that separates him from men like Victor.

HAPPY BELATED APRIL MOTHERFUCKING FOOLS DAY, PREVERTS!!!

• Love 20

Good one, Ninja.  However I have no doubt that this is the way JM views his character and we know it's the way Nick feels about himself.  There are probably some fans, particularly on another board I visit sometimes, who believe every word you just wrote.

• Love 9

This is the only soap board I visit. I don't think I want to wander into a world where Nick is considered some kind of hero.

I get frightened enough when reading CBS Soaps in Depth; it's a strange place where Cane and Lily are the most popular couple and some fans root for Chelsea and Adam like they're star-crossed lovers for the ages. I suppose it takes all kinds to keep soaps on the air.

• Love 10

Michael is acting like a dumbass right now but I still like him. I'm going to be so pissed if the rumors about him

being murdered because he tried to help Sharon

are true. 

I am gonna be pissed too, and you better believe, if it happens, it's gonna be Victor's fault - everything is.  lol

• Love 4