Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

I don't think you have to hope. He is wiping the floor with everyone. Always has, always will. The Marco story has proven once and for all that Victor Newman can do *anything* - multiple murder, torture and rape - and come out as hero/victim.

You know, I honestly thought that the Marco/Kelly/etc storyline was designed to be the thing that brought Victor down, or at least knocked him off his throne temporarily. It could have been almost poignant - a tycoon self-destructing from his own megalomania. And then he'd have to work his way back to redemption somehow. But nope. *sigh*

• Love 12

I don't know how unpopular this is, but I think the longer JH has been in the role of Adam, and the more airtime he's gotten - especially over the last couple of months - the less I like him. I thought he was a decent recast and I liked his looks and his general acting style at first, but the more the walls have started closing in on the character and the more outlandish the storylines have gotten, I believe he's been exposed as a mediocre actor and his looks have diminished for me. I don't find him compelling or attractive in any way. Jamey Giddens can wax on and extol his and MCE's "chemistry" until he's blue in the face, I don't see it. I don't think there's even a glimmer of chemistry with these two and I never have, and I guess I never will.  If JFP and Pratt wanted the viewers to despise the Adam Newman character for whatever twisted and petty reasons they might have had, they couldn't have done a more superlative job of achieving that goal. It's worked beautifully. I really do despise the character now and I can barely stand the guy playing him or the vapid MCE who he's paired with. When the explosions start going off in November (and I hope they do as promised in the rags), I hope both these characters (along with Pere Newman) are fatal casualties.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 9

I think Chadam suck as well. But based on show promotion, TPTB don't agree. Their "confrontations" get promos repeatedly.

Chelsea: "You LIED Adam. You LIED TO ME!! Get OUT!"

Adam: "But I love you, baby. I'm just so wounded and broken."

RME.

MCE gasping and JH repeating and stuttering are considered MUST WATCH TV. The fact that the substance of their conversations has not changed in months doesn't seem to bother the publicity people or Giddens et al.

• Love 12

Chelsea: "You LIED Adam. You LIED TO ME!! Get OUT!"

Adam: "But I love you, baby. I'm just so wounded and broken."

On and on ad nauseam.  For all you kids playing at home, this is what we old bags in our housecoats would call a "broken record".

• Love 15

Speaking of housecoats, I found a whole bunch in the Dr. Leonard's catalogue! They have old-fashioned housewife slippers, too. And many pages of dildos, for some reason... I'm thinking of getting a purple striped one (housecoat, not dildo) but must wait for my husband to give me my weekly allowance, of course.

• Love 15

Do they have those puffy shower-cap Looking things?? You know the ones, So people wouldn't see your unsightly hair rollers. Of course we kept the armor piercing bras and oh so comfortable panty girdles for when we went out. Oh Lala.

Just don't get started on sanitary products - I'm just bitter that they came out with the good stuff right when I didn't need anymore

• Love 6
Do they have those puffy shower-cap Looking things

LOLOL  at one time, i wore what looked like a cap made of flower petals..thinking back, i should have been mortified.

i also wore a kerchief over the curlers but tied at the back of the head, not under the chin.  the height of fashion.

girldles had to of been designed by someone who hated women they were so constrictive.  remember the full ones that had the bra too.  made it really hard to breathe but the butt never jiggled.

• Love 6

valleycliffe

i also wore a kerchief over the curlers but tied at the back of the head, not under the chin.  the height of fashion.

Add that to the (thankfully) short-lived rolling your hair on beer cans fad.  When a bunch of us in rollers and beercans and kerchiefs showed up in the supermarket it looked like a hot-air balloon staging area.

• Love 7

i never had to iron my hair cause it is very fine and very straight.

i would use a curling iron then i would have to spray the heck out if right away cause if i didn't, you could literally watch it go straight again.  so then i started getting perms. 

• Love 2

Scotch taping your kiss curls leaving red welts until Scotch Brand came out with an improved one!  Pffffft to hide the oil in your hair between washings because we did not wash our hair every day!  Stirrup pants and you didn't want to sit down or the knees would go saggy!  Nestle hair rinse and the color would run down your face if you got caught in the rain or wet snow! 

• Love 6

Do they have those puffy shower-cap Looking things??

Yes they do! I can't get enough of this catalog, it's great bedtime reading. Valleycliffe, I heartily concur re: front zippers. All the better for flashing the UPS guy. :)

(But... are you guys serious about the beer cans???)

My new UO is that I prefer dark eyebrows Faith to curly hair Faith. She doesn't come off as meek to me, more like a very composed seether.

• Love 4

girldles had to of been designed by someone who hated women they were so constrictive.  remember the full ones that had the bra too.  made it really hard to breathe but the butt never jiggled.

Oh, lordy, ladies! How to brighten up a dreary Sunday afternoon! But could I have someone other than Streisand to sing "Memories"?

Okay, my mother was of the vintage that held that a full-torso corset [for some reason they didn't call them girdles] was the mark of a lady. I once worked with a mature lady of the same school of thought. They were massive expensive, as I recall from seeing ads for them. But ya know what was really disgusting, and what I was too young for? Those rubber panty girdles with holes punched in them--presumably so anything could breathe... They traumatized me as a child just looking at pictures of them.

Add that to the (thankfully) short-lived rolling your hair on beer cans fad.  When a bunch of us in rollers and beercans and kerchiefs showed up in the supermarket it looked like a hot-air balloon staging area.

Hell, yeah. If you had curly hair, you did that! In eastern Canada, beer came mainly in bottles, so we saved concentrated OJ cans. Sleeping on those? Out of the question.

In my day we used to iron our hair.  Oh, god remember Sun-In?  Boy that stuff could do a number on your hair.

Been there, did that too. I still don't like curly hair. Sun-In, sure! It was a touch classier than trying to streak your hair with Javex [now Clorox]... MInd you, class was a relative concept as I recall teasing the hair into a giant snarl, then shellacking it with Nestle hair spray, choice of penniless preteens and teens everywhere. That Nestle crap is probably still eating the ozone layer. But it could sure create a fog in the girls' bog [ooh, rhyme] when mixed with the inevitable Export A or Players smoke.

• Love 6

ahhh yes, export A...that's the cig i smoked after i started with "daily mail".

my friends father (we were 11 at time) had a small neighbourhood store and behind the counter were the cigarettes.  we smoked daily mail cause they were on the lower shelf she could reach..gosh, i remember puking so much and feeling so dizzy but i also kept doing it cause well, every one else was and at the time, i thought it looked so cool.  of course both my mom and dad smoked as well as my siblings (i was the "baby") so it just seemed natural to do it.  in high school, we weren't allowed to smoke on the school grounds so you would always see everyone walking around the block smoking.  lost a lot of weight cause instead of buying lunch, i would buy cigs.. now, since i quit many many years ago, the smell makes me feel nauseous.

• Love 5

We had Aqua Net.  Jebus that stuff could be used to build bridges.  And the "classy" thing to lighten your hair with was straight lemon juice, because it was "natural" and you weren't resorting to "product" like a floozy.  Of course it also fried the hell out of your hair!  But we all wanted to look like California Girls.

• Love 6

Whoever brought up Dr Leonard's catalogue, thanks! In return, I offer you Vermont Country Store, purveyors of, among other items [including dildos--this is odd, both these catalogues carry them extensively] Evening in Paris cologne! Yes, you thought you'd never see those blue bottles you gave your public-school teachers again! But they're here, along with Wind Song by, wait for it, Prince Matchabelli!

Daughter first showed me this a few years ago, when looking for those Lanz flannelette nightgowns--at that point, it carried stuff no one had seen since about 1965. It appears to be moving along, but...if you need a muumuu, they have a whole section--"Greet fall in a muumuu" Let's not and say we did.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 4

I love that catalog, pearlite!  They also have old timey candy and booze filled chocolate bottles.  Does Tangee lipstick really turn different colors?

OMG as the kids say! It's in there!

That stuff retailed for about 99 cents max--we would eye it while loitering in wait to shop-lift broken chocolate bars at Woolworth's. Yes, I was a classy pre-teen...

And an even classier early teen, sporting the white lipstick and racoon eyes, courtesy of Maybelline spit mascara--along with the huge heap of teased hair.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 3

OMG as the kids say! It's in there!

That stuff retailed for about 99 cents max--we would eye it while loitering in wait to shop-lift broken chocolate bars at Woolworth's. Yes, I was a classy pre-teen...

And an even classier early teen, sporting the white lipstick and racoon eyes, courtesy of Maybelline spit mascara--along with the huge heap of teased hair.

My mom used Maybelline spit mascara and had a thing called a "fall".  I used to put on my pillow and stuff pillows under my blankets when I snuck out at night.

• Love 4

I don't know how unpopular this is, but I think the longer JH has been in the role of Adam, and the more airtime he's gotten - especially over the last couple of months - the less I like him.

YEP I am agreeing with this unpopular/ POPULAR? Opinion.

BUSTED!  Lol, I knew it was just a matter of time.  Is that a bunny or a baby Yeti?

I googled "rabbit hair dryer". lol

My highly UO... I have never cared one way or the other about the Abbotts. Any of the Abbotts. Yes, including John.

• Love 2

My highly UO... I have never cared one way or the other about the Abbotts. Any of the Abbotts. Yes, including John.

Well, I've always loved the Abbotts. I was pleased when the Abbotts were invented. Thanks Bill Bell. God bless, he realized there needed to be a ying to the Newman's yang.

• Love 7

Well, I've always loved the Abbotts. I was pleased when the Abbotts were invented. Thanks Bill Bell. God bless, he realized there needed to be a ying to the Newman's yang.

Absolutely!

And the fact that they weren't milquetoasts [too many examples to bring up] was part of the quality of the character-writing, as was the casting involved. They were the anchor of the show--even able to withstand the wispy perfection of Cricket.

To me, one crucial error, and this one predates Pratt--killing off John. Now I just lie in wait for an OrangeDad visit. Oops, just thought of something--maybe OrangeBilly inherited that colouring?

• Love 9

I used to love the Abbotts, but pretty sure that was in the 80s when Mamie still served breakfast and Ashley did actual stuff in the lab besides shtup her daughter's boyfriend in the shower... I miss John dearly. Can you imagine if he were around? None of this shit would be happening and everyone would get a stern lecture. He'd shame Victor into a corner.

Pretty sure this is a UO so will say it here and then go sit by myself: I would be perfectly fine with Victor and Adam burying the hatchet and teaming up as a father and son duo, especially if recent events have smartened them both up a little. Maybe Nicholas and Victoria will join forces in defiance and become all that they hate about their father, and then Victor and Adam OF ALL PEOPLE will be the only ones who can bring them down. Or I guess we could just  have another year of people running in and out of each other's offices throwing accusations about who did what and knew what when, punch, punch, accuse, and repeat. *sigh* 

• Love 10

Pretty sure this is a UO so will say it here and then go sit by myself: I would be perfectly fine with Victor and Adam burying the hatchet and teaming up as a father and son duo, especially if recent events have smartened them both up a little. Maybe Nicholas and Victoria will join forces in defiance and become all that they hate about their father, and then Victor and Adam OF ALL PEOPLE will be the only ones who can bring them down. Or I guess we could just  have another year of people running in and out of each other's offices throwing accusations about who did what and knew what when, punch, punch, accuse, and repeat. *sigh* 

This is a great idea--sadly, we know what that condemns it to...

InterNewman Strife? Definitely, and this would give the writers lots to work with--lotsa scheming, and the sheer, breathtaking, youdidntseethiscoming effect of Adam and Victor rebonding--kind of like Victor's dentures and some Seabond.

• Love 6

I can't hold it in anymore. Crazy Sharon? All bug-eyed head shaking. Now drugged, confused Sharon? Squinting. Constant squinting. WHY? Do something else. Anything else. It's been weeks of nothing but squinting.

I feel better. 

Edited by jenrising
  • Love 7

I don't hate Nick. At the most, I find him amusing. At his worse, I'm usually indifferent. Except for the time he dumped Sharon for her lie about Summer's paternity. Then, I wanted to hit him. But for the most part, I don't mind him on my screen. Plus, he's cute.

• Love 3

That was a time I actually liked him. When he dumped Sharon after the paternity disaster. I would expect no less from Mr Perfect Nick Newman.

And after he pledged never to abandon her, to accept whatever her "secret" was. Of course he's perfect, he only cheated on her with Phyllis, then cheated on Phyllis with Sharon, using Sharon as a mental punching bag multiple times.

When Adam first had Sharon diagnosed and she had appropriate treatment, Nick came back. She was gaslighted by Grampire, Nick was appropriately pissed at him. Then Dickoless finds out that she switched the paternity test, the one he hid for 18 years and he's all pissed at Sharon.

The bipolar diagnosis explained Sharon's 20-30 years of crazy behavior. (That's the soap term, not the medical.) Then they had Grampire sabotage her with gas lighting by Cassie/Moriah, trying to switch her meds, then attempting to bribe her trusted Doctor. Sharon then gets with a new doc we don't know squat about and treats Sharon to another gas lighting round. (Baby switch) If Grampire hadn't messed with her treatment, she would have been fine. No unnecessary shock treatment but on the road to better psychiatric health. Then she would have had the sense to dump Dickoless. He dumps her for his brother's "wife". Who he doesn't know is really his brother, but he knows is "married". So switching paternity reports while untreated bipolar disease is evil while sleeping with every woman not his mother or daughter is fine. Not...

• Love 11

The thing is, most of the evil deeds being mentioned about Victor are things that have happened fairly recently. He was always considered a villain, but within the past few years he has just become cartoonish. I have been a Victor fan from the get-go, and unfortunately I'm one of those saps still waiting for for the writing for him to improve. To be clear, bad writing would be an improvement!

Beat me to it. Victor has never been nice per se, but his deeds had a logic to them. He didn't hate all the Abbotts for just existing. He actually had respect for John Abbott. Nor was Nick his heir apparent despite having the IQ of wet paint--that was Victoria. It's too bad you missed the Heather Tom years of Victoria, but there's a reason why AH has maybe only just begun to gel with viewers despite being on the show over ten years now.

When Victor said he cared about his family, I used to believe it. Not so much after having his pregnant daughter arrested on her wedding day.

• Love 5

And after he pledged never to abandon her, to accept whatever her "secret" was.

I would have thought he was as nutso as Sharon if he went back to her after he knew what she did. The secret was pretty gross. No decent person would go back to someone who did what she did.

I would have thought he was as nutso as Sharon if he went back to her after he knew what she did. The secret was pretty gross. No decent person would go back to someone who did what she did.

But he hid it first. Dickoless knew the test needed to be repeated 18 years before, then he's pissed when she hides it for a year? Yes it was gross, but he supposedly was "sane" while Sharon had untreated psychiatric problems. Her behavior has an excuse, his does not. Add to it that Phyllis was a married woman, married to Jack. He was cheating with her. It's only in recent years that they cleaned up Phyllis' behavior.

Personally, I think no sane woman would want Dickoless with his tomcat behavior.

• Love 14

But he hid it first. Dickoless knew the test needed to be repeated 18 years before, then he's pissed when she hides it for a year? Yes it was gross, but he supposedly was "sane" while Sharon had untreated psychiatric problems. Her behavior has an excuse, his does not. Add to it that Phyllis was a married woman, married to Jack. He was cheating with her. It's only in recent years that they cleaned up Phyllis' behavior.

Personally, I think no sane woman would want Dickoless with his tomcat behavior.

Yet Sharon wants Nick so bad she can taste it.. she really is a sicko.

• Love 2