Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

Didn't Summer get a new car after her fetus killing fender bender? 

I don't care that Nick never got a tender family moment with Sage and Sully. Fuck him. He's not even that kid's father. He can take his cavemanpain, carefully fold it into a graceful origami swan and throw it into a live volcano, preferably forgetting to pry his filthy gorilla fingers off of it. 

• Love 12

Yep, because God forbid she should ever face consequences for anything she ever does. At least Max doesn't drive yet. When he does, he'll probably spend all his time cruising the Rexx Rugg's parking lot.

• Love 13
On 5/1/2016 at 4:10 PM, peacheslatour said:

I dunno, Adam killed his half sibling and Summer killed her cousin and they are accepted as respectable citizens of GC...

I forgot all about that ok I guess in time they can forgive Maxs.

• Love 2
On Sunday, May 01, 2016 at 0:35 PM, ejami61 said:

How can you redeem a child that killed his own baby sister???

Recast Micheal Munhey with Justin Hartley and write the character into a shadow of his former self, and we'll all forget about that!

*rimshot*

Thanks, I'll be here all week!

Okay, cheap joke aside, I'm not sure either. As others have said, Pratt writes these insane plots that the writers of Passions would find too outlandish but doesn't take them to the natural conclusion.

When we finally get resolutions a decade latet, it's beyond half assed. Someone in the Canadian episode thread mentioned that on social media that very few are broken up over Sage's demise but are pissed that she never to actually reunite with her kid. Even Amber Moore's cousin Becky was around to co-parent her kid for a few months before she got the End-of-Contract cancer that most B&B characters usually get.

Bringing it back to Max, has ANY soap opera ever done this with a actual child? The closest thing to this I can think of was poor Will Munson on ATWT thanks to his mother all but brainwashing him against he would-have-been sister in law, but even then it was very clearly an accident that he felt remorse over.  Max is a sociopath in training, but it'll be played as "poor Max, he doesn't have a mom,oh no!" With his bloodline, he's cursed, well on his way to making Aly Forrester look like Dr Phil in comparison.

• Love 6
On Tuesday, May 03, 2016 at 8:02 AM, NinjaPenguins said:

I don't care that Nick never got a tender family moment with Sage and Sully. Fuck him. He's not even that kid's father. He can take his cavemanpain, carefully fold it into a graceful origami swan and throw it into a live volcano, preferably forgetting to pry his filthy gorilla fingers off of it. 

Actually, on that end (and since this is for UOs), I couldn't care less that Adam the baby switcher and Chelsea the con artist rapist lost their kid to the one person in CG that was more reckless and assholish than the both of them. Chadam was so sickeningly sweet and IIRC they split up shortly after that; and not one fuck on that day was given. It might possibly be the only useful thing Dummer's ever managed, ever, even if the two did eventually find their way back to one another. 

• Love 2

Huh. I actually paid attention today. I know many people don't like the idea of an evil kid, but it doesn't bother me. I'm loving this s/l and the possibility of Cane outing Kneel. I want Hilary to get slaughtered. Too bad Prick is in the slammer, he could adopt the little sociopath and help mold him into a nasty apprentice. He could be the satanic acolyte that Nick doesn't have the brains to be and Adam doesn't have the lack of humanity to be.

• Love 5

I might not have a problem with Damien being evil if there had been any kind of progression or buildup to his psychopathy. He goes from being annoyed at Abby's presence to trying to kill her and succeeding in killing her unborn baby. Where did this intense level of hate come from? He's old enough to know that his mother's death was an accident caused by her talking on the phone while driving and that Abby isn't to blame. Why is a little kid committing attempted murder? Is he the victim of bad genetics, bad wiring, poor parenting, or all of the above? And why isn't he killing any of the people that I hate?

• Love 9

Because he's nuts? Irrational? I probably watch too much Criminal Minds, but if he as always a psycho, his mother's death was the "trigger" that made his psychosis rise to the surface. He obviously hated Abby from the get go and when she got preggers it finally pushed him over the line.

I know. Why won't he get it right and off fucking NeverBilly? The cheers would be heard in the stratosphere..

• Love 8

I've never been on twitter, nor do I have any desire to be, but I would join for that!  I'd be retweeting like a mofo, and I don't even know what that means!  #fuckoffnotbilly

• Love 5

I just saw the finished, remodeled Chancellor Manor set in the media thread. I gotta say, other than the dreadful, chalky flat paint, I really like it. Sorry, I know it's sacred and I wish they had just left it alone, but it's an existing set and there is really no reason to show it any more now that Mrs. C and Jill are gone. Budget constraints considered I think they did a bang up job with the decor. It's just too bad it had to go to NeverBilly. It's more Victor's undead yet contemporary. I am sooo sick of every new set being mid century modern The rooftop at the GCAC, Ashley's lab, Victoria's house, Dummer's Malibu Penthouse are all that crappy 1950's modern, I'm really liking the style of NeverBill's digs. I would rather see Dr. Cutie or someone else living there is the only thing.

• Love 3

Max is a sociopath to be sure, but I can't fault Stitch for not wanting to believe it and putting blinders on. He's feeling a massive amount of guilt for being a crap dad and probably also feels indirectly responsible for his wife's death on that if he hadn't been a lying crap dad and husband she wouldn't have left him and been in Australia and yadda yadda end up dead. I get his having his head up his ass to the bitter end.

And while I also get Abby's need for justice, she really doesn't get that no matter what your kid does, a parent will try to stand by her kid no matter what - exactly what Ashley did covering for her ass when Abby deliberately ran down Tucker and had no remorse whatsoever about it.  And honestly I'm over her flip flop bitch face at Max and then sympathetic cow eyes at Stitch. She wants Max gone and out of their lives which even after what he's done is asking a lot of a parent to do. The question for her is, can she love with Max remaining a part of her life because Sticih isn't going to just abandon the kid. If she can't, then she needs to cut her losses now.

• Love 3

I think it is safe to say it is over between Stench and Abby.  I don't see how either one of them could move forward after this especially since their love story is pretty weak.  And I guess we will never see Mad Max again.  

• Love 8
11 hours ago, bannana said:

I think it is safe to say it is over between Stench and Abby.  I don't see how either one of them could move forward after this especially since their love story is pretty weak.  And I guess we will never see Mad Max again.  

Yes please send Max off for help and Stench along with him, for good!

The only storyline I am following is about Sully.  So not interested in anyone else and I even FF'd my beloved Johnny scenes because of my disgust with Billy and Grey Gardens! 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, bannana said:

And I guess we will never see Mad Max again.  

Waaahhh.  Like LeftPhalange, I don't want MaddMax out of GC til he takes out a few Newmans, the whole Ozziecattlemob and that weird prince or whatever he is.  Oh, and definitely NevernowayeverBilly.

• Love 6

I heard Mad Max is up to even more bad. I hope it is true.. this little rotter entertains me.. he is so evil..

and I know I am alone but I do not care. I fucking love PHILLY.... 

• Love 2

I heard Mad Max is up to even more bad. I hope it is true.. this little rotter entertains me.. he is so evil..

I love him too, but knowing the way Pratt deals with mental illness the little psycho will probably be declared "cured" at some point and released. Sociopaths can't be cured. Empathy cannot be taught, nor can it be medicated into a person. Much like child molesters, sociopaths are never not a danger. Max would re-offend at the earliest opportunity. Will Show keep him, to attempt murder another day? If so, I too have a list and at the top is One Shade of Gruel, next is a hissing pit viper with dyed red hair, then  a nasty little snapping turtle with social climbing delusions of grandeur.

• Love 6
On May 10, 2016 at 10:11 AM, peacheslatour said:

I just saw the finished, remodeled Chancellor Manor set in the media thread. I gotta say, other than the dreadful, chalky flat paint, I really like it. Sorry, I know it's sacred and I wish they had just left it alone, but it's an existing set and there is really no reason to show it any more now that Mrs. C and Jill are gone. Budget constraints considered I think they did a bang up job with the decor. It's just too bad it had to go to NeverBilly. It's more Victor's undead yet contemporary. I am sooo sick of every new set being mid century modern The rooftop at the GCAC, Ashley's lab, Victoria's house, Dummer's Malibu Penthouse are all that crappy 1950's modern, I'm really liking the style of NeverBill's digs. I would rather see Dr. Cutie or someone else living there is the only thing.

That's actually what I came by to say. It's ridiculous that these wealthy people who have so much money ever redesign their homes. The tack house that Nick and Phyllis lived in for example looks damn near what it looks like when I was in kindergarten. Like you, I'm not crazy about the choice in paint, but it still looks very much like Katherine's house otherwise. I like it far better than the abomination that the ranch house became after Sharon burned it down.

• Love 1

Not sure how unpopular this is,  but as completely godawful Philly are in every sense and not since Ridge and Bridget* have I seen any show's story be so entirely DOA....I really don't want another round of Villy, either. Even before Miller left the show, Billy had done plenty of shit that cut the goodwill they once had and the revolving door of recasts have done nothing to add to their history. They are more Ridge and Brooke at this point, because Brad Bell had enough sense to end it after the second recast.

*Ridge/Bridget don't deserve that insult, because that story was well acted, at least, and the pairing had two fans, which is two more than I've seen for this Philly rubbish.

On Saturday, June 04, 2016 at 2:46 AM, crosby777 said:

I think Billy Miller looks good with some added weight.. I hate how skinny all the men are on soaps.. I love me some big boys.

Me, too. I wish these shows had a better variety of looks to appeal to more women.

• Love 6

Pretty sure this is a UO, so:

I've decided I want Devonne to stay. The way he toddled out of the GCAC and then barged into Hillary's room screeching, "What are you doing? Why are you in the hospital?" was one of the funniest things I've seen in a loooong time. So if we could please have an entire sl of Devonne following Hillary everywhere around GC and screaming "what are you doing?" in his warbly little voice, I will be solidly Team Devonne.

And if they could have Lily's head explode all over the GCAC linens from the thought of Hillary getting Chancellor money, I'll take back all the bad things I've ever said about her. Maybe she can come back to haunt Sharon so we get to enjoy the explosion over and over...

• Love 5

Petunia13

APRIL 21

I don't like Stitch or Abby and he is providing them airtime and story, so must be stopped

I want them gone.. neither one is very interesting.. Abby has been a flop.. I never ever did take to this version of Abby,

Me, too. I wish these shows had a better variety of looks to appeal to more women.

I do too.. so much.. not everyone likes skinny men.. or little men.. I like em big and buff.. like Carmine

• Love 6

I am sick to death of mariah ... sick of her enabling her wacko mom.. sick of her begging kevin.. sick of everything about her.. and I sure wish I saw the great talent that some others see.  I am missing it.. and they also need to dress mariah better.. they are so used to dressing stick figures that they don't have a clue about a girl with real curves..

• Love 1

I don't disagree that the Chancellor mansion set is ugly.  My UO, however, is that I always thought it was ugly; currently it's just uglier.

I don't hate Natalie.  In fact, I kind of like her.

The girl who plays Faith is really good for her age, but she annoys the crap out of me when she does her over the top "oooohhhhh I'm so excited!!!!" scenes.  I know, why don't I just go punch Santa & slap a puppy while I'm at it!

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, ByTor said:

The girl who plays Faith is really good for her age, but she annoys the crap out of me when she does her over the top "oooohhhhh I'm so excited!!!!" scenes.  I know, why don't I just go punch Santa & slap a puppy while I'm at it!

I would've shipped Faith off to boarding school as soon as she started talking. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

1.)  I don't disagree that the Chancellor mansion set is ugly.  My UO, however, is that I always thought it was ugly; currently it's just uglier.

2.)  I don't hate Natalie.  In fact, I kind of like her.

3.)  The girl who plays Faith is really good for her age, but she annoys the crap out of me when she does her over the top "oooohhhhh I'm so excited!!!!" scenes.  I know, why don't I just go punch Santa & slap a puppy while I'm at it!

1.)  That's valid...it looked like the home of a rich old lady. But I think the uproar stemmed more from a place of nostalgia.  That was Mrs. C's house, and it really hadn't changed much (aside from a few updates) in more than 40 years.  Ok, she's gone now, and Kay left the house to Jill.  That makes perfect sense, since Jill is the only original character left.  She should inherit the role Katherine filled within the story and the most iconic set.  But they handed it over to a horrible smug hipster carpetbagger buttbiscuit and made it match his dour personality.  If they needed to give him his own home, it didn't need to be that home.  

2.)  Natalie is pretty harmless.  I'm just not sure what the point of her was.  Kevin has already been established as the computer genius.  Did they really need two of those?  He could have been the one to come up with Passkey.  I think they were going for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and they missed that by a whole lot.  The Swiss thing bothers me most, unless they meant she came from Switzerland, Indiana.  At least try to fake an accent.  But the actress is likable and she does bear a pretty striking resemblance to Chloe, so I wish she had been hired to play her instead of bringing back the original recipe one who makes me want to jam a screwdriver in my ears.    

3.)  I agree with you here.  She's very cute, but she occasionally walks that fine line of being precocious.  Fot the most part, though, I think she's really good.  As a rule, kids on soaps should be used sparingly, IMO.

• Love 6

I wish I liked GT but I am with you peaches.. can't stand her  version of Phyllis at all.. hate that she is letting jill bully her.. UGH MS's Phyllis never would have put up with that shit. The sexy is gone from the character.. GT just does not have it.

• Love 2

I agree re GT. You know it pains me to say this but MS was better in the role (when she wasn't sulking and/or phoning it in). Phyllis is just a miserable nasty reptile now. I simply cannot watch her. And I don't think GT is pretty, nor does she have a sexy body IMO. She can be pretty when smiling (which she simply no longer does) but the thin lips, thick neck, spitting and sneering thing is just. not. attractive. I comment on her looks because show seems determined to sell her as show's number one hot vixen. Not everyone has to be a classic beauty but she's so nasty, constantly miserable and average looking I cannot buy that any man (let alone two) would be crazy in love with her. 

• Love 1

Not sure if this is UO or just politically incorrect, but I wish they would cut out all the AA shit. There's nothing compelling or entertaining about a sanctimonious blowhard sermonizing to us about addiction and sobriety.

Neil, I'm looking at you. You too, Jack. And Nikki. Have a drink and go run over Cricket again. Now that's good television!

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, glowlights said:

Not sure if this is UO or just politically incorrect, but I wish they would cut out all the AA shit. There's nothing compelling or entertaining about a sanctimonious blowhard sermonizing to us about addiction and sobriety.

Neil, I'm looking at you. You too, Jack. And Nikki. Have a drink and go run over Cricket again. Now that's good television!

Ditto and raise you a twenty!

The PSA aspect of soaps has always bored my butt off. I don't want to hear the "social responsibility" crap-rationale, either.

• Love 6

Oh but they lurrv their social responsibility rationale. Remember when every single episode had a character say "HIVthevirusthatcausesAIDS"? I guess it was the late 80s. Good intentions, but my friends and I thought it was awful and started working it into conversation:

You'll never guess who I bumped into last night! / Was it HIVthevirusthatcausesAIDS?

There's something wrong with my car. / Hope it's not HIVthevirusthatcausesAIDS!

Four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves... and HIVthevirusthatcausesAIDS.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, glowlights said:

Oh but they lurrv their social responsibility rationale. Remember when every single episode had a character say "HIVthevirusthatcausesAIDS"? I guess it was the late 80s. Good intentions, but my friends and I thought it was awful and started working it into conversation:

You'll never guess who I bumped into last night! / Was it HIVthevirusthatcausesAIDS?

Four calling birds, three french hens, two turtle doves... and HIVthevirusthatcausesAIDS.

Love that! Reminds me of when soaps started putting commercial blurbs into the shows--I think Clairol, among others, got worked in. And of course, P & G. 'Cause people just regularly go on about how Tide changed their lives.

Going back to the social responsibility thing, I'll ramble on for a moment about my beloved Coronation Street, if you'll allow. US soaps think they're so liberal and all, with the odd gay character, and one TG, and whatever. But it's pretty tame, all of it, especially when it comes to love scenes. Well, friends, much as C Street has for decades maintained a gay presence as the norm, they're starting to film some nice, human-but-hot male gay love scenes, and are they ever well done. I literally looked up from my pail of Chateau Kangaroo in admiration.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Going back to the social responsibility thing, I'll ramble on for a moment about my beloved Coronation Street, if you'll allow. US soaps think they're so liberal and all, with the odd gay character, and one TG, and whatever. But it's pretty tame, all of it, especially when it comes to love scenes. Well, friends, much as C Street has for decades maintained a gay presence as the norm, they're starting to film some nice, human-but-hot male gay love scenes, and are they ever well done. I literally looked up from my pail of Chateau Kangaroo in admiration.

The U.S. is so uptight and conservative about sex it's ridiculous, especially when it comes to broadcast tv. Gratuitous violence is perfectly fine but anything more than a PG sex scene is risque. And of course if a show has two dudes or girls even kiss for two seconds people line up to tell them how edgy and brave they are. Don't even get me started on how a show will only have one or two non-white characters and maybe a gay character (but rarely bi) and brag about how diverse they are. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Well, friends, much as C Street has for decades maintained a gay presence as the norm, they're starting to film some nice, human-but-hot male gay love scenes, and are they ever well done. I literally looked up from my pail of Chateau Kangaroo in admiration.

WHAT. That is so funny and I don't know what you mean! lol

Coronation Street never appealed to me but I may have to give them a go if they're willing to be all sensible about human sexuality. And yeah, "brave" is not what I would call U.S. soaps when it comes to being progressive. Although forcing everyone to sit through those Billy/Phyllis love scenes was pretty brave, in that they're lucky fans didn't firebomb the studio. :)

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, glowlights said:

So funny!!!!! Lol.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, pearlite said:

C Street has for decades maintained a gay presence as the norm

Hollyoaks has more gay characters than any soap opera I've ever seen.  One character, Ste (HIV+), has been on for ten years, and married two men.  I think he's still married to the second one although living with a different guy and that guy's dad, who is his closest friend.   The episodes are easily accessible on YT.  There are also all female relationships.  Esther is married to one woman, whose sister was a serial killer, but has gone missing, sort of, while being stalked by another woman, for whom she was a surrogate. 

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, glowlights said:

WHAT. That is so funny and I don't know what you mean! lol

Coronation Street never appealed to me but I may have to give them a go if they're willing to be all sensible about human sexuality. And yeah, "brave" is not what I would call U.S. soaps when it comes to being progressive. Although forcing everyone to sit through those Billy/Phyllis love scenes was pretty brave, in that they're lucky fans didn't firebomb the studio. :)

Thanks, Gl! Chateau Kangaroo refers to the Australian white wine that gets me through a coupla soaps that I PVR when I get home from the intellectual factory where I labour. The pail, well, that's kinda self-explanatory...

The trouble with CS is that it can take a while to get into--a lot of characters, and all plots built on their interactions. Also, half-hour episodes, so it often doesn't seem to move very fast.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, glowlights said:

Hey, I've had wine from a box. Nothing wrong with a pail! :)

CS sounds a bit like the early days of Ryan's Hope before they revved it up. I might like it. Thanks for the rec!

I'm watching Ryan's Hope online right now, from the first episodes, virtually complete, at least for the first 5 years or so.  I'm up to Jill taking the baby Edmund on that will fated trip to the beach house.  It's still great, these early years.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

The U.S. is so uptight and conservative about sex it's ridiculous, especially when it comes to broadcast tv. Gratuitous violence is perfectly fine but anything more than a PG sex scene is risque. And of course if a show has two dudes or girls even kiss for two seconds people line up to tell them how edgy and brave they are. Don't even get me started on how a show will only have one or two non-white characters and maybe a gay character (but rarely bi) and brag about how diverse they are. 

Yep. As The World Turns had Luke and Noah, who shared one onscreen kiss for, like, over a year at least and supposedly didn't have sex for nearly three. And nearly every spoiler that got between them and their relationship was so incredibly a creep, like Lucinda's new husband trying to Mack on Luke or Noah's film school professor. And the least inappropriate spoiler (a guy that Luke all but blackmails to come out to Oakdale to save Noah's eyesight or heart or whatever it was) gets killed off a few weeks before the finale so that Katie's boyfriend that week could have a new heart. Meanwhile Luke and Noah go their separate ways, alone. And by the end, I was just as sick of them as I was every other hetero couple that was on the show at the time, but it was a slap in the face that they couldn't have the same happiness as everyone else.

still way more effort than Y&R has ever put into developing Rafe, who was a plot device or P3 who disappeared shortly after coming back from the dead and coming out.

• Love 4