Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

I love Gloria too--Judith Chapman was also Natalie on ATWTs a long long time ago and then Ginnie (? I think that was her name) on GH--I have wracked my brain trying to remember if UpChuck Pratt was in either of those orbits at the same time---hope not--do not want to see her as a casualty of the upcoming disaster---she needs to be on more.

• Love 5

Even Burgess Jenkins?

I've grown to like them. They are not my fav couple but since they are obviously just a road block to Chadam, I can tolerate them. Personally I would have paired Chelsea with Jack during Adam's "death", PB and MCE have magnificent chemistry.

Kelly could have latched onto to Billy and NuPhyllis could have sinked her hooks into Nick who currently looks like he is allergic to water and soap.

• Love 2

Count me on this sentiment as well.  I love SC, but I didn't see it with MM.  The NO love scenes were hot, but that was all I saw.  Actually I thought MM's best chemistry was with the kids - baby Faith in particular.  I never cared for MM's acting until the Delia death storyline - which I hated, but I thought MM was very compelling.

I am loving GT as Phyllis.  I see the lizard eyes - she is after all channeling original recipe Phyl who was definitely um yeah definitely lizard eyes.   Difference is GT knows how to play it understated.  She's awesome.

I agree, and here's what is great about GT as Phyllis--I can never picture her doing the giggly stupid cutesy Phyllis.  Remember when she was first with Nick and she had that idiotic perma-grin on her face, and especially when they played video games?  That's when Phyllis jumped the shark, because she never had that dopey expression before.  And I am happy to say with GT in the role, we will never see it again.

I think GT is just more believable in the role and I don't find her acting distracting.

• Love 5

MY UO is that I like Sage. :)

CROSBY:  Good Morning

1.  I am trying to like her, but the Nick stench is getting on her.

2.  3:45 am???  You just getting up or just going to bed?

3.  You changed your picture - where is that beautiful cat?

Edited by movinon

I liked "Sage" as Connie Falconeri when I saw her on one of my brief periods of tolerance for GH. She had some snap, and she, to me, looked better as a blonde.

Here I don't see a focused character in the writing for her. Will she go Ape? Will she mess up Adam3? I haven't been able to care yet--hope springs eternal...

• Love 1

CROSBY:  Good Morning

1.  I am trying to like her, but the Nick stench is getting on her.

2.  3:45 am???  You just getting up or just going to bed?

3.  You changed your picture - where is that beautiful cat?

Good morning.. 

I like the fact she is playing Nick and the douche bag doesn't have a clue.

545 my time. LOL Not 345.. but I am an early bird. 

Crosby my beauty needed a rest and child of the corn was due. LOL

Edited by crosby777
  • Love 2

Good morning..

I like the fact she is playing Nick and the douche bag doesn't have a clue.

545 my time. LOL Not 345.. but I am an early bird.

Crosby my beauty needed a rest and child of the corn was due. LOL

Corsby is your cat's name?  I like it.  I am going around the insanity bend again, but I swear I read in one of your posts, that your son had signed to pay football at a university on a scholarship, but now I can't find it.  If so, congratulations to you both, and if not, please ignore me.  

Edited by movinon

i like Faith. The girl(s) who plays her never fails to surprise me with the way she delivers her lines.

(When Faith was on the witness stand the other day and Avery asked her if she could ask her some questions, she replied, "I guess." Her voice said everything--that she was annoyed, that she was reluctant, that she hated that this woman had to even talk to her. In my head I screamed,"YES!!!". I thought she did a brilliant job.)

• Love 8

I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion or not, but I too love the actress that plays Faith. The one that was on the witness stand and the one who told Sharon about the lady with no pants, lol. The other actress that fills in is cute and all, but I adore this one.  She does a great job emoting unlike some other older actors who cannot.

• Love 8

Yes that Faith is a treasure!!!  She is a great little actress!  The judge however gave me the creeps, his voice and mannerisms made me think of a pervert behind a fence in a school yard trying to coax a child closer to see his puppy....YUCK!  BUT at least it wasn't that horrible Sherri comedian from that talk show!  LOL

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 8

Yes that Faith is a treasure!!!  She is a great little actress!  The judge however gave me the creeps, his voice and mannerisms made me think of a pervert behind a fence in a school yard trying to coax a child closer to see his puppy....YUCK!  BUT at least it wasn't that horrible Sherri comedian from that talk show!  LOL

Oh, thank heavens you saw that in the judge too!

I just got major perv-vibe from his lean-in on Faith. He was actually a step below Nick, and that's saying something, given the people in that court room.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 6

Oh, thank heavens you saw that in the judge too!

I just got major perv-vibe from his lean-in on Faith. He was actually a step below Nick, and that's saying something, given the people in that court room.

IKR? The judge was beyond creepy and pervy.  Yuk

Edited by Suby
  • Love 6

Is it a UO to hate the trashy, over-the-top, nonsensical, extra-shit-writing turn this show has taken over the past four or five episodes? I was never a fan of Passions, and that is exactly what this is devolving into, imo. All we're missing is a witch, and I wouldn't be surprised to see one on today's ep giving the Winters a ride on her broom (oh sorry that was just Lily).

After decades of being a Y&R viewer through thick and thin, this new writer may be the last straw for me.  :(

• Love 4

I might be completely off the mark but I think all of this was done to reset certain situations and take characters in different directions.

It seems like an opportunity to force a bunch of confessions out of people in peril.  In one day.  lol  If it doesn't keep up, I'm okay with it, after writing about an entire year of nothing happening, and dragging out Sharon's Sekrit for so long.  One day at a time, I guess. 

• Love 7

I agree that they needed to hit the "reset" button on some (most?) of these dreary storylines, but imo they are just insulting the viewers with cartoon flames, a little toy airplane on a string, Nick making out with Sage while his own mother needs rescuing, people running around disaster areas like they're at an amusement park, the police chief has no idea what to do, no one asking for first aid for a baby that has just been taken out of a burning building (binky intact, natch), Jill of all people acting like she'd never been on a private plane before, the Scooby Doo Mystery Gang at the Abbot cabin, Lauren in charge of the phones at Command Central... for starters. Y&R has always had some lol moments during their big dramatic stories, but this is just flat-out trashy. IMO.

eta: I agree peach, if it abates after this week then MAYBE it will have been worth it... but the dialogue is terrible, too. "I didn't find you again just to lose you in a pile of concrete." Ugh.

Edited by glowlights
  • Love 11

Well reading all the posts against Kelly I am sure this is a really unpopular opinion but here it is: I think it is kind of cruel to treat Kelly this way after she and Jack had sex.  I don't mean to imply that she has been innocent of any wrong doing through out this Phyllis and Jack triangle because neither she nor Phyllis have behaved in a decent manner. We have seen bad behavior from both.  It's only with this part of the story that it seems unfair to Kelly.

I think Kelly is suffering from some type of mental disorder and the way that they are treating her is kind of shabby.  She and Jack did have sex and he was very willing.  If she got the wrong idea from that then isn't he partly to blame?  She doesn't know if this is a doppelganger,DID or a result of Ashley's love potion.  She just knows it is Jack and how he seemed to be all about her and very determined to have sex with her.

I know there is an explanation that will come out later but right now Kelly doesn't know that!   She knows only what happened but nobody will believe her.  And yes I guess why would they but it still seems that somebody would question her and try to determine if she was telling the truth. What about Ashley? She knows what happened.Maybe Kelly should not go around telling others about the sex or that Jack is hers but really why wouldn't she feel that way after what he did? It seems natural to me.

Another thing about this whole story is the show always making women look stupid or crazy. Two women fighting over a man is the staple on this soap. Even Phyllis who I have never been a fan of was carted off to the mental hospital and considered crazy. Now I have to admit and said as much at the time it happened that it was funny that she was getting some of Sharon's treatment and it was good payback. But after stepping back and looking at the big picture I realized how awful the whole thing was. I am just sad at the way they have the women always out of their minds with desperation at losing a man. It just makes me angry they are being used this way in the year 2015.

I don't know maybe I am looking at this wrong but I feel as though this show is really tough on it's women. I still shudder at the way that Sharon has been beaten down and everyone is fine and dandy she had her baby taken from her for revenge. Nobody forgives her for what she did in a mental breakdown but instead shun her and hate her.  No compassion or at least trying to understand. Only Dylan and Jack were halfway decent to her. I have no dog in this fight as it doesn't matter to me one way or the other which woman Jack ends up with. I am neither a Phyllis or a Kelly fan. I just get tired of this show's cruel and misogynist treatment of women and most especially the mentally suffering women.

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 12

Another thing about this whole story is the show always making women look stupid or crazy. Two women fighting over a man is the staple on this soap.

This is kind of a staple on any soap, but you are right - it does make them look stupid.  I have to agree with you about the hatred for Kelly, although I hate her, too.  If we're going to feel sorry for Sharon being mentally unstable, then we should also feel sorry for Phyllis and Kelly.  I'm not sure I think Phyllis is mentally unstable, but everyone else seems to think so. Mariah is the one person who has the right to be mentally unstable, with her past, and seems to be more mentally balanced than the rest of the women on the show. JMO

Edited by movinon
  • Love 3

This is kind of a staple on any soap, but you are right - it does make them look stupid.  I have to agree with you about the hatred for Kelly, although I hate her, too.  If we're going to feel sorry for Sharon being mentally unstable, then we should also feel sorry for Phyllis and Kelly.  I'm not sure I think Phyllis is mentally unstable, but everyone else seems to think so. Mariah is the one person who has the right to be mentally unstable, with her past, and seems to be more mentally balanced than the rest of the women on the show. JMO

Lol that's true about Mariah.If anyone should be crazy it's her but she makes a lot more sense than most people on the show. I don't hate Kelly or Phyllis I just don't care for them.I never really thought much about this story because they are not favorites of mine and I am not interested in this story until Strange Jack and the broom closet. That was so out of character that I am curious now just what is going on.

Watching Kelly yesterday and today I just felt sorry for her. She is being used by Jack and the horrible things he said about her made me not like him and that is very rare because I always love him.I know it might not have been him or he might not have known what he was doing but it just seemed so cruel to treat Kelly that way. She had to feel so low hearing him talk about her like that and she was so heartbroken.It just bothered me.

Of course add Victor into the mix and she is being used by him,too. I don't know if I am even making any sense but I just feel so sad for the way she is being used and abused by men. I don't like it when it happens to Sharon and I don't like to see it when it happens to other women either.And yes you are right. If we are bothered by Sharon being thrown in the mental hospital and the way she is treated we should be bothered by Phyllis and Kelly being thought as "crazy" too.Of course Phyllis could be suffering from the coma juice but it was still ridiculous putting her in the mental ward. I think Adam is the only man to ever be thrown in there on the show but he was faking it to get to Patty.See the difference?

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 3

I think Kelly is suffering from some type of mental disorder and the way that they are treating her is kind of shabby.  She and Jack did have sex and he was very willing.  If she got the wrong idea from that then isn't he partly to blame?  She doesn't know if this is a doppelganger,DID or a result of Ashley's love potion.  She just knows it is Jack and how he seemed to be all about her and very determined to have sex with her.

I've suspected for quite some time that Kelly is unstable, the problem is the writers haven't given me (and others) a reason to care about her. She comes to town and rather quickly has nasty sex with Billy, helping to break up a popular couple in the process. Then she moves on to Billy's brother Jack and we're supposed to believe they fell in love within weeks and have developed some epic romance that can compete with Phack. Then there was all of that crap with her brother, father, and loser mother. She's been unlikeable and weird from the very beginning.

• Love 5

I've suspected for quite some time that Kelly is unstable,

I agree.  No sane woman would have sex with a guy on a filthy storage room floor during an event with tons of people in the next room. And then when he threw her dress at her and basically told her to fuck off, why would she then follow him around like a stupid whipped dog if she was in her right mind?  I'm pretty sure we'll find out that she did kill her father and Stitch took the rap and her family sent her to "boarding school".

• Love 7

Okay I know she is not very likable and I can see she brings a lot of this on herself. I just felt some sympathy for her is all. I am not saying she is innocent by any means. I think she really loves Jack and maybe she would have been fine if the sex hadn't happened. You could see her heart was breaking. She's telling the truth but nobody believes her. I know she is unbalanced and has done some bad things,now and probably in the past. It takes two to tango so Billy and Jack were not raped. Damn this show! Do they always have to treat the mentally ill in such a harsh manner? It just seems cruel to me. Sorry just my unpopular opinion. lol

• Love 4

I think it's hard to feel anything either way about Kelly, because her character is so confusing. 

And it's still up in the air who is the "crazy" one.  They've been painting a picture that Phyllis is being unjustly accused by Kelly, which is a liar's karma that she deserves, frankly, but GT makes me feel sorry for her anyway.  OTOH, Phyllis was wearing that blonde wig in the mirror, acting kind of crazy.  Which could be a red herring, or maybe they just forgot about it, or maybe Phyllis really poisoned her.  Maybe it's not an even-or situation, and they're each doing part of it.  Which would be a great story but sounds way too complicated for this show.  Now Victor's involved?

Anyway, Kelly's been acting RIDICULOUS about the WE MADE LOVE stuff and thinking that makes her family or something, but today (which I just finished watching) when he called her a pathological liar, I did feel sorry for her.  That's some crazy-making gaslighting all right.  It might have been just sex that didn't mean anything, but it DID HAPPEN.   Of course, we don't know WHO was screwing her with no tie on yet, either. 

It's a mess of a character.

• Love 7

I think it's hard to feel anything either way about Kelly, because her character is so confusing. 

And it's still up in the air who is the "crazy" one.  They've been painting a picture that Phyllis is being unjustly accused by Kelly, which is a liar's karma that she deserves, frankly, but GT makes me feel sorry for her anyway.  OTOH, Phyllis was wearing that blonde wig in the mirror, acting kind of crazy.  Which could be a red herring, or maybe they just forgot about it, or maybe Phyllis really poisoned her.  Maybe it's not an even-or situation, and they're each doing part of it.  Which would be a great story but sounds way too complicated for this show.  Now Victor's involved?

Ok, I had an "out there" idea. What if Victor has been involved with this whole Kelly/Phyllis craziness longer than we thought. What if whoever he is working with is the one who poisoned Kelly's tea. And that person also changed the hotel reservations and also siphoned the gas out of Phyllis' car on NYE. As for Jack and Kelly in the storage room, I guess whoever Victor hired could have sprayed/injected Jack with something like Brash and Rapey™. A fast acting one that has amnesia as a side effect.

I don't know. This whole storyline is weird and it is making all three (Kelly, Jack and Phyllis) look bad. I hope it starts making sense soon because right now I'm starting to dislike Jack and he has always been one of my favorite characters. I really want to believe he was under the influence of something and doesn't remember anything because otherwise he is being intentionally cruel.

• Love 7

I agree with everyone who is talking about this and we are all sort of saying the same thing - it appears that Jack, Kelly, or Phyllis or maybe all three, are all being messed with - or maybe not.  Most of us don't like Kelly or Phyllis, but the storyline is causing sympathy for both of them.  I just hope it's not Jack being an ass - he really is my favorite character on the show for years, and I can't stand him becoming the kind of character he was when Terry Lester played him.  He's not perfect, but nobody is.  I'd like to blame it on Victor (as always) but I can't see what he has to gain from this.  I am totally confused - maybe it's not an unpopular opinion, after all.

• Love 4

Ok, I had an "out there" idea. What if Victor has been involved with this whole Kelly/Phyllis craziness longer than we thought. What if whoever he is working with is the one who poisoned Kelly's tea. And that person also changed the hotel reservations and also siphoned the gas out of Phyllis' car on NYE. As for Jack and Kelly in the storage room, I guess whoever Victor hired could have sprayed/injected Jack with something like Brash and Rapey™. A fast acting one that has amnesia as a side effect.

I don't know. This whole storyline is weird and it is making all three (Kelly, Jack and Phyllis) look bad. I hope it starts making sense soon because right now I'm starting to dislike Jack and he has always been one of my favorite characters. I really want to believe he was under the influence of something and doesn't remember anything because otherwise he is being intentionally cruel.

Oh me to DR!I hope Jack is not doing this intentionally. I know Victor is behind something just don't know how much he has done or how long he has been doing it. I want Jack to be totally innocent in the sex with Kelly scenario. He is one of my favorites and it really bothers me to see him act this way. I hate it when they mess with the good guys. Lol
  • Love 3

I agree with everyone who is talking about this and we are all sort of saying the same thing - it appears that Jack, Kelly, or Phyllis or maybe all three, are all being messed with - or maybe not.  Most of us don't like Kelly or Phyllis, but the storyline is causing sympathy for both of them.  I just hope it's not Jack being an ass - he really is my favorite character on the show for years, and I can't stand him becoming the kind of character he was when Terry Lester played him.  He's not perfect, but nobody is.  I'd like to blame it on Victor (as always) but I can't see what he has to gain from this.  I am totally confused - maybe it's not an unpopular opinion, after all.

Absolutely Movinon. I hope that Victor has been the one behind this mess and the other three don't know anything about it. I can sympathize with the two women and don't care for either one. It's just a lousy way to treat someone. I like Jack but I don't like him acting this way . I hope they are not rewriting his character. I will be so pissed. Damn that Chucky Pratt all to Hell!
  • Love 1

Anyway, Kelly's been acting RIDICULOUS about the WE MADE LOVE stuff and thinking that makes her family or something, but today (which I just finished watching) when he called her a pathological liar, I did feel sorry for her.  That's some crazy-making gaslighting all right.  It might have been just sex that didn't mean anything, but it DID HAPPEN.   Of course, we don't know WHO was screwing her with no tie on yet, either. 

It's a mess of a character.

That's a great explanation Peach. That's what I was trying to say but you did a much better job.

I didn't feel bad for her until after she heard what Jack said about her. She was so broken down because she thinks he is lying to Phyllis about the sex .

She kept crying and saying "It happened "and I thought how awful it's got to be that she knows it really happened but nobody believes her.

• Love 3

I know most (if not all) of us here complain about the writers insulting our intelligence.  I don't disagree, but my UO is that I really don't care.  I watch this (and the Bold & the Beautiful) as an escape from reality and yes, in a sense an escape from thinking, so if they want to throw stupid crap out there, fine by me.

• Love 5

I guess whoever Victor hired could have sprayed/injected Jack with something like Brash and Rapey™. A fast acting one that has amnesia as a side effect.

I definitely think it's being set up as a side effect of either Brash and Rapey (LoL!!) or Hex, but not necessarily an intended one. Maybe we'll discover that Kelly stole some from Stitch to make herself irresistible to Jack, or Ashley secretly dabbed a bit on Jack as a super-scientific experiment.

I started caring about Kelly when she gave Jack some straight talk, a few months back. We need more straight-talkin' Kelly, imo.

• Love 1

I definitely think it's being set up as a side effect of either Brash and Rapey (LoL!!) or Hex, but not necessarily an intended one. Maybe we'll discover that Kelly stole some from Stitch to make herself irresistible to Jack, or Ashley secretly dabbed a bit on Jack as a super-scientific experiment.

I started caring about Kelly when she gave Jack some straight talk, a few months back. We need more straight-talkin' Kelly, imo.

I posted that theory a while ago about how that rapey drug got into Kelly's hands.....Abby stole a vial of it then suddenly shows up at the GCAC to leave a "note" for Lily....she could have left that vial then for some reason...Kelly also went to visit Stitch there to talk about mom once which was weird.

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 2

I know most (if not all) of us here complain about the writers insulting our intelligence.  I don't disagree, but my UO is that I really don't care.  I watch this (and the Bold & the Beautiful) as an escape from reality and yes, in a sense an escape from thinking, so if they want to throw stupid crap out there, fine by me.

I get what you're saying and feel the same way most of the time. But sometimes, the crap they throw is so stupid, I end up thinking about it more than I care to!

• Love 2

I posted that theory a while ago about how that rapey drug got into Kelly's hands.....Abby stole a vial of it then suddenly shows up at the GCAC to leave a "note" for Lily....she could have left that vial then for some reason...Kelly also went to visit Stitch there to talk about mom once which was weird.

Foghorn, I think I remember seeing Abby pour that vial of perfume down the sink the the lab while Ashley watched.  Of course, that doesn't mean it's the only one she had, but Kelly seems genuinely devastated that no one believes her.  She is really around the bend and imagined the whole thing, (Ashley?????) or it really did happen and she didn't set it up.  I think it all goes back to Victor, but I just don't understand what he has to gain - maybe putting Jack in a mental hospital or something like that?  Everything bad always goes back to Victor, but it's usually business related in some way, at least with Jack.  With Sharon, it was totally cruel and personal, so maybe that's becoming his MO now - just destroying people for the fun of it.  Yep, I can believe that, I guess.   

• Love 3

Movinon, I forgot about that vial, it eventually fell out of Abby's purse in front of Abby and Stitch and she did dump it!  Thx!

Is it possible we have a Port Charles-style water-pollution trope here? What would this do to the personalities, libidos, and actions of the citizens of GC?

Could it be Faison in the confessional? Could the bloody towel be his banner?

The sleep of reason oft produces monsters, and I think I've had a few litters of those the past few days.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 5

I've often thought that Nick was the product of a shameful dalliance between Nikki and Sonny Corinthos.

I don't know if this unpopular or what, but I can't even find Adam sexy anymore. The show's insistence on having him shadow Chelsea has destroyed what charm he had left for me. I...I may loathe him more than I loathe Billy, mostly because I've made peace with Billy's level of suck while I had high hopes for this Adam. I wish Connor had been Dylan's or had never been conceived, because Adam can now never escape the vanilla vortex that is Retail Rapette. Chelsea is the character who spawns both an Abbott and a Newman son? Perhaps a Chancellor tot will be sliding down her blessed birth canal next (let it be Devon's!).

• Love 6

Well, you hit the nail on the head.  He pretty much HAS to win Chelsea back to get to his own son. "Gabriel Bingham" can't exactly ask for joint custody.  I rationalize his love for Chelsea as the idealization that grew while he went through his long, lonely recovery and painful surgeries, so he's built her up in his mind as more of an Idea Of Chelsea, than a real person.  And not being able to have her keeps it going.  This dumb planless plan to get her back gives him a reason to get out of bed in the morning.  Seriously, if he wanted her THAT bad, Billy would be a smoking cinder.  I just wish he could walk and chew gum at the same time, and get mixed up in some Jabot vs Newman scheme as well.  Why the hell isn't Jack using him for THAT?  That would give Jack even more motivation to keep his secret, if he thought it benefited Jabot and his lifelong grudge.

Anyway, once everyone finds out he's Adam, then he has his own rights to Connor, no matter what he did in the past.  Maybe once he gets his prize, his "passion" for her will wane, and he'll be chasing the next challenge.  Or maybe there will be an earthquake, a swarm of locusts, and a measles outbreak on St. Patrick's Day.  Who knows?

• Love 8