Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

I wish Mariah would STFU. She complains just as much as Summer.

She really does and I want to like her cuz I love CG. I think she is a great little actress. None of the younger group is interesting at all. Austin is a total fucking drag and I don't care what whiner gets him. I wish they would send him packing.

• Love 3

I yelled "yesss!!" when Dylan told Sharon that no one owes her forgiveness and she can't just say sorry, she has to work on getting her life back together and expect it to take time (or words to that effect).

OMG  I know.. a man with a brain on Y&R... what will they think of next.

• Love 1

I thought that was a great scene, because he did speak some wisdom to her, but he did it with compassion.   I don't have a problem with the fact that Sharon isn't getting instant forgiveness or that she has some consequences, it's the absolute vilification of her by hypocrites. 

She should have to earn it, but my issue is not only vilification by the hypocrites, but also the fact that these days very few characters have to earn redemption.  People who remember better than I could correct me, but the last time I recall a villain working to earn redemption was Michael, and that was many years ago.

Back to unpopular opinions, glowlights won't be the only cheese standing alone...not only do I not see all the fuss about Joe Clark, but I don't think he is attractive at all.  And IMO his acting is so wooden (I feel like I could practically hear him reading his lines) he takes me out of every scene he's in.

• Love 3

Back to unpopular opinions, glowlights won't be the only cheese standing alone...not only do I not see all the fuss about Joe Clark, but I don't think he is attractive at all.  And IMO his acting is so wooden (I feel like I could practically hear him reading his lines) he takes me out of every scene he's in.

I don't know if I'd like him so much on a different show, but on this show, he is the only male actor that doesn't come off as a creep.  Time will tell. JMO

• Love 1
Unless they bring Dru back, I think it's time for Kristoff St. John to go. He is just not working any more as a rootable character. He's getting worse with time!

Absolutely agree with this. He needs to go. He does not work on any level with anyone, male or female. 

• Love 4

Adding another to kick Kneel/KSJ off the island. I'd rather keep Dylan around, or even Chelsea the human Tribble than Neil, who hasn't been interesting since Dru died. Every relationship of his is an epic snooze-inducing fail.

Dylan was absolutely correct in what he told her so I have no problem with it either. No going in to the opposing counsel's office isn't a good idea but it seems that's about all they've got. I don't think a judge is going to give Dickyouass full custody because of that.

As Peach mention, I applaud having one character--even if it was Steven Farren Phelps--giving her a realiry check without being a judgemental dick. He too suffers from PTSD and kidnapped Connor, so he'd be in no position to look his nose down on her.

Why can't these two be in each other's orbit more? With her BPD and his PTSD, they could be a support for one another. In days long gone, such a connection would have been a given.

• Love 7

I don't know if I'd like him so much on a different show, but on this show, he is the only male actor that doesn't come off as a creep.  Time will tell. JMO

Uh-oh... is it a UO if i say that I don't think Noah comes across as a creep and is in fact completely adorable? Kevin is okay lately, too.

• Love 4

I don't mind Kelly or CM. Yes, the character underwent a somewhat jarring and largely unexplained change when CM took over the role but I put the blame for that on the MWTs. The character had never been well fleshed-out (and still isn't, IMO) and it seemed like Kelly's new sophisticated personality came out of thin air. They've also emphasized Kelly's emotional neediness without really explaining where it comes from. After a while that gets annoying to watch and you just want to go all Cher's character in Moonstruck on her.

Plus, since there appears to be (IMO) almost guaranteed resentment aimed at actors coming from one of the dead soaps--particularly AMC it seems--I think CM had her work cut out for her and she's handled it well.

If I had to make a list of characters (or their portrayers) who need to be gone, Kelly would not be on it. However, if it becomes clear that the writers don't want to fix the partially-constructed mess they've made with her, then all bets are off.

For the time being, the possibly impending battle between Kelly and Phyllis could be quite interesting given that there are two very strong, veteran soap actresses involved. If the writing rises to the occasion, I think they will too.

• Love 7

I 'm posting this here because I don't know where it goes, as usual.  I'm having hell with the like button - it works fine, but it's the manner in which the posts are done.  For example, if someone posts a comment with 5 or 6 quotes, along with their answers to each one, and I agree with most of what they say, but violently disagree with one statement, I have a problem.  I can give them a like, but it implies that I agree with that one statement I disagree with.  If I don't give them a like, maybe I am discouraging people, especially new posters, from expressing opinions - especially the 4 or 5 I agree with.  Does anyone else have this problem?  It seems a little silly to say "I agree with all of your statements except ----".  Just wondering - maybe I use the like button too much..... 

• Love 6

I don't know the answer so I just liked your comment! :D

Seriously: how about you like the comment in question and then just respond to the one part you disagree with? So they know you liked the comment overall but have a quibble with one part of it. ITA it's good to encourage new posters! When I was a total newbie it was nice to have responses and feel welcomed. This place has its disagreements but it's not a closed clique. Refreshing.

• Love 8

Since this is an unpopular opinion, I actually liked Billy's little heated exchange with Phyllis about the position at Jabot.  I am finding him hard to like with Chelsea and Victoria, and he doesn't seem like a good fit with Jill, either.  It's just the first time I've seen any real life in the character - maybe he can have more scenes with Phyllis.  It would help if they messed up his hair a little, too.

• Love 6

Unpopular Adam opinion. I think that the casting for all Adams has been pretty good. Certainly I'm not sure how the new Adam will pan out, but I do like what I saw from him on Revenge. And between MM and CE, I thought they were both really good and don't prefer one over the other.

• Love 5

Unpopular opinions:

I can't stand CLB and wish they'd kill off Michael

I can't stand Paul and his incessant crying and his chiclet teeth bug me. I've never gotten the fuss over DD. 

I like Christine.  She can be a bit cold and judgy, but over all I think the character is decent.  I wish she'd sucker punch Nikki in her face and dump Paul. 

• Love 2
I also like Kelly and CM. I think Kelly is a better match for Jack. He will regret his decision.

I agree.  

I am going to put this in the "unpopular opinions" thread because I just assume it will be:  I wouldn't mind Kelly finding out she's pregnant but wanting nothing to do with Jack.  I am picturing a Bridget Monyhan/Tom Brady storyline in which Kelly isn't denying Jack visitation to his child and she isn't using the baby to punish Jack, but she has no interest in trying to get back together with Jack.  He finally gets the child he wants, but he is stuck on the outside of the delivery room.  I think it could be an interesting storyline with lots of potential for drama and actually allow Kelly to be strong and independent.

• Love 3

Unpopular opinions:

I can't stand Paul and his incessant crying and his chiclet teeth bug me. I've never gotten the fuss over DD. 

I like Christine.  She can be a bit cold and judgy, but over all I think the character is decent.  I wish she'd sucker punch Nikki in her face and dump Paul. 

I have always liked Christine.Just liked her better with Danny than Paul.

I like Christine as well. Loved her and Nina together when they were teens.

I also like Kelly and CM. I think Kelly is a better match for Jack. He will regret his decision. 

I like Kelly,too.

• Love 2

I thought Billy Miller was way overrated, and David Tom was just fine. 

THIS!   I thought he was a great Billy, but the constant backlash that came when he left was over the top.  The guy wanted to use the show as an ATM if things didn't pan out in hollywood and well he just wasn't that great to warrant such a deal.   Either shit or get off the pot and I thought his little grinning and hamming it up was getting old anyway.  He only had either drunk mode or grin mode and it was a stale.

David Tom had a tough gig to step into, because it was obvious AH wasn't feeling him and she sort of poo-poo his return.  I thought DT had amazing chemistry with Jess Walton and Peter Bergman.   I also thought DT was the only male actor that could have finally made MCE look good..they had a nice dynamic. 

• Love 3

I don't mind Burgess Jenkins playing Billy.  I thought Billy Miller was way overrated, and David Tom was just fine. 

I so agree with this and particularly  the bolded statement...I never FF, I watch every scene, but the temptation to FF every time Billy Miller showed his ham acting in a scene (which was every scene he was in) was almost overwhelming...I was overjoyed when I heard he was leaving..

• Love 2

2 out of 3.. I agree with these 2 statements so much..  CLB is way overrated,,, the yelling in every scene has gotten old.. And DD should have been kicked out years ago.. what a massive bore his acting is..

Hate the bug tho and always have.. what an uptight shrew and LLB is probably the worst actor on tv.. I think she is horrible.

I think Kelly is a better match for Jack. He will regret his decision.

we agree for once.. Please let smelly have him.. i hate Phyllis being with that sappy loser.. him and his hang dog face annoys the hell out of me.. I hope he does regret his decision.. I hope Phyllis makes his life a living hell.

I like Lauren and I think TEB is the best actress on the show right now.

I can't stand either..I think TEB is horrible..

I assume this is unpopular...I enjoy bitch Christine! I find her so much more entertaining now than when she was the perfect pretty pretty princess Cricket, who was so freaking perfect she practically had singing bluebirds & harp-playing angels following her everywhere she went.

Well then make room for one more at this small table because I also like Christine, always have. She is just "normal" for a soap character and I like that.

I also like Kelly, as sappy and as overwrought as they have written her to be. CM's version is more suited to a pairing with Jack than I think CW's version would have been. Could the writing have transformed the latter's version from the grieving sad sack she was originally? Maybe, but bygones. I also think BM's Billy was way overrated, as was MM's Adam. Lastly, I don't enjoy watching CJL as Michael at all any more and would not mind seeing him gone, along with that whiny, asexual Kevin. Aww. That feels better. :)

• Love 3

I like Christine, so I am at your table also...I am loving Phack right now...GT and PB are doing an amazing job...I am rooting for them as a couple, if Kelly wants to make things a bit difficult for them however, so be it...should be fun to watch..

• Love 4

I have always liked Christine.Just liked her better with Danny than Paul.

That would've been the better slap in the face to Phyllis. No one believed she would serve one second of jail time, so at the least the Bug could've ridden off in the sunset with the man Phyllis came between and I could've been spared stories of her and chronic deadbeat dad Paul bringing more spawn into the world.

• Love 4

Does it make me a totally bad person because I want Constance to die?  This story is dragging out like the music box nonsense, and maybe when she dies, there will be something in her will that will hurry this thing along.  I want to know what Sage is up to, and I want to know who actually hit Delia, and I want to know yesterday.  Having hit an animal myself, I know what damage is done to your car even if you are going slowly, and there is no way that Adam hit Delia.   The damage to his car was perfect for having hit a clump of bushes, and that is what the actual scene showed.  This show is making me as crazy as Kelly.  I have no ill will toward Hot Lips - I just want the story done.  

• Love 7

Little did I know that I was getting two of my three wishes granted today.  Constance died and we now have an idea what Sage is up to.  It's all about money - surprise, surprise.  Now, if only we could find out who really killed Delia, I will close my mouth for a month, well maybe a week.

• Love 7

So movinon what else do you want....LOL

I want Kelly to freak everybody out, then disappear, Lily to suddenly find sex terribly painful, the whole town to hate Victor, and a pony, but I can wait........a long time.  lol.

Edited to say that I also want Nick to turn into a toad & thanks for asking.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 11

I want Kelly to freak everybody out, then disappear, Lily to suddenly find sex terribly painful, the whole town to hate Victor, and a pony, but I can wait........a long time.  lol.

Edited to say that I also want Nick to turn into a toad & thanks for asking.

Wait...I thought this was the unpopular opinions thread...

• Love 9

You mean because nobody in Genoa city ever killed anybody and got away with it?

All of those were adults and most were written to be seen as villains that got what was coming to 'em.

Dense as JFP is, I doubt even she (Or even Sweeney MAB, the Demon Butcher of Daytime) would allow a baby killer to walk free, let alone such a polarizing character such as Adam.

Edited because I forgot about Phyllis's slaughter of Sasha.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3

After today's scene between Phyl and Kelly, I really like Kelly in spite of her hysterics at times. For years I've wanted someone to show Phyllis she isn't the badass "force of nature" the show's been peddling for years during MS stranglehold on the show. I love that Kelly isn't afraid of her and is ready to throw down. I wish it was Sharon that had been given that opportunity over the years, but since the writers removed Sharon's backbone, Kelly will have to suffice.

• Love 8

I never saw any of the "epic" chemistry between SC and MM that people keeping talking about.

Me neither. I'm joining you at that kinda empty lunchroom table, LPh.

Mind you, the radiation burn-risk involved in getting that close to MM's ego-rays... Maybe we should cut Sharon Case some slack here.

• Love 5

Me neither. I'm joining you at that kinda empty lunchroom table, LPh.

Mind you, the radiation burn-risk involved in getting that close to MM's ego-rays... Maybe we should cut Sharon Case some slack here.

Putting MM with SC won him a lot of fans but cost her a lot too.People were mad at her for doing her job.The same when she was put with Victor.I was not one of them. I hated Shadam  and despised Shictor but always loved SC no matter how much they trashed her character.She was and is a pro and made me love her that much more.

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 3

You guys are killing me here.  I'm not saying MM was an upstanding person, or that Sharon was in her right mind at the time, but there was lava coming from that volcano - lots of it. JMO   Sorry - love you all.....please don't hurt me, remember the bunnies. 

• Love 7

I love Chelsea and she is the only reason why I still watch this show. MCE is a magnetic actress who has chemistry with everyone.

Chelsea was a con artist who did terrible things but she's the first person to admit her mistakes. She has grown and evolved and I like her in scenes with everyone.

• Love 3

Also I like GT as Phyllis. I think she's doing a great job and I don't see the lizard eyes.

I like GT too and like you I don't see lizard eyes LMAO

Edited because I forgot about Phyllis's slaughter of Sasha

Sasha killed herself by smoking in bed.

but since the writers removed Sharon's backbone

removed it? She never had one.

I love Chelsea and she is the only reason why I still watch this show

I used to love Chelsea.. but she is a massive wimpy bore now.

I didn't either!

Count me on this sentiment as well.  I love SC, but I didn't see it with MM.  The NO love scenes were hot, but that was all I saw.  Actually I thought MM's best chemistry was with the kids - baby Faith in particular.  I never cared for MM's acting until the Delia death storyline - which I hated, but I thought MM was very compelling.

I guess my unpopular opinion is I think Adam did it. Also I like GT as Phyllis. I think she's doing a great job and I don't see the lizard eyes.

I am loving GT as Phyllis.  I see the lizard eyes - she is after all channeling original recipe Phyl who was definitely um yeah definitely lizard eyes.   Difference is GT knows how to play it understated.  She's awesome.

• Love 6

Actually I thought MM's best chemistry was with the kids - baby Faith in particular. 

This is so true - probably because he had kids of his own and was comfortable with them - I loved his interaction with Conner, too.  Billy Miller was also fantastic with kids, I never saw him have a bad day with any one of them - especially the little girl he bought for Victoria.  That child just smiled at him all the time.  I don't see that with very many people on the show and they have good kids to work with.

Edited to say forgive my ignorance - Of course I can't stand Lily and Cane's brats.

Edited by movinon
  • Love 1

I love Gloria.  I cracked up when she asked Lauren if she was peri-menopausal -hilarious!  I liked when she ran Glo Worm as well. 

Yes MM's RL fatherhood shone through for sure

Hardly anything better than Billy Miller and Johnny! 

I remember Chance was very good with baby Delia as well. Love those handsome men with kids!

Yes the Ashby kids are inane brats - just like their parents.

• Love 4

I don't hate Summer, I just don't think she has any story. Same for Noah. They do nothing. They have not given the younger set anything to do for so long. No great young love story. Y&R was great for that, not any longer. I don't see any great love story being told on this story. There is no angst or romance. As Unpopular as that story telling is now I miss the love in the afternoon.. the great love stories.. 

I love Gloria.  I cracked up when she asked Lauren if she was peri-menopausal -hilarious!  I liked when she ran Glo Worm as well.

I love her too. She is fabulous. A breath of fresh air when she is on. Every other character on the show is a massive one note bore. And I sure hope Pratt can fix that.

• Love 4

I love Gloria and Jeff! Y & R could/maybe can pull off those characters--and at this point, they are a massive relief from the odium of (1) SortaGothicSortaAdam, from (2) Victor as City-Eatin' Godzila, from (3) Nick who's shedding IQ points like dandruff--not that there were many to start with, from (4) whateverthehell Summer's plotline is supposed to be, from (5) waiting for Neil to see Devon and his stepmother in the throes, and oh, I can't go on...

And now that Kevin's acquiring a plot that might be worthwhile [no jinxes] with Mariah, please let's have some more of Gloria, Jeff, and Kevin.

And no more damn disease plots!

• Love 12